Conventional/Canon Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

What if that device the skins used in "Wipeout!" had a unintended side effect. All the humans who disappeared and came back start developing powers in reverse order.

So the members of our gang that disappeared last get their powers first giving the pod squad only a few hours warning before the entire town of Roswell starts developing powers and chaos ensues!!!
behrstars
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by behrstars »

At the end of destiny Liz leaves for Florida, on the way to the airport the bus shes on crashes. Due to the massive explosion they can't id the bodies.
Four years later and Max still hasn't moved on. He sees Liz in his dreams and swears sometimes he can still feel her.
One night Max is awakened by a sound coming from the downstairs in his home. He goes down and sees a little girl wondering around looking and touching things in his living room. She looks sad and he can see the shadows under her eyes and the bruises on her arms. He goes over to her and she dissappears. At first he thinks hes nuts, but when after a few weeks it's still happening he believes hes being haunted. He finally confides in Isabel and she comes and spends the night. It happens while shes there.
The little girl just wonders around the house and finally stops and reaches out to Isabel. Isabel is pulled into the little girls mind. She sees the little girl in a white room and everything that happened to Max comes crashing back to her. When she opens her eyes the little girl is gone and she tells Max what happened. They call everyone together to decide what they should do.
They find out where she is and they go get her. When they get there they find Liz and the little girl. They can't get Liz to talk and the little girl dosen't talk either. Liz is in pretty bad shape emotionally, psycologically and physically, and of course the little girl is traumatized to.
When Max gets Liz and the little girl home he gets a flash and realizes that the little girl is his and Liz's.(from the samples that the special unit took).

Everything surrounding their rescue and their return to the outside world is your option. As for Nasedo he can either be involved in their rescue or he could of had a hand in Liz's kidnapping. I would like for there to be a happy ending.

Any ? just PM me.
CrashandBurn8321
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CrashandBurn8321 »

I really hope someone takes #68, I'd love to read it.
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

I came up with this idea listening to the song "We Used to Be Friends", the ever-famous Veronica Mars theme song. This is an AU With Aliens, and I'm pretty sure this is the right thread to post it in (looks around nervously).

The basic concept of the plot is that Jeff and Nancy Parker are famous scientists who have one eight-year-old daughter named Liz. Nasado and Tess live in the same neighborhood as them because Nasado sees the Parker's work in the field of molecular biology as potentially dangerous and compromising to the alien's wellbeing and is worried that the FBI might approach them at some point. Tess is badly neglected by him, and never allowed out of the house to play or meet other children. One day while Nasado is out following Liz's parents, however, Liz sneaks away from her baby-sitter and finds the equally devious Tess playing in her backyard. The two girls develop a fast friendship, one where Tess uses her powers without hesitation and Liz readily agrees to keep the secret. Nasado's fears prove founded, however, when the FBI approaches the Parkers with an offer of lab space and research funding that they can't refuse at the mere price of overseeing the further review of the findings gleaned back in the 40's when the other three shapeshifters were tortured and killed at the Special Unit's hands. Nasado waits until evening a few weeks later and then breaks into the Parker's house, killing them and setting fire to the house. Tess, who has been sneaking out of the house to visit Liz at night, is there when it happens, and when Nasado moves to Liz's bedroom intent on "finishing the job" she orders him not to kill Liz - and because of his biological imperative, he has no choice but to obey. Because the order will be in effect until Tess gives him permission to kill Liz, Nasado realizes that his only choice is to bring her with them.

Liz and Tess grow up together, and Nasado's iron vice and subtle minipulations give them both the impression that Liz is of lower class than Tess, which to his dismay doesn't seem to faze Tess a bit and only strengthens Liz's gratitude and loyalty to Tess for saving her life. Over the years Liz emerges as the smarter of the two and Tess is considered the prettier, more social one. They don't let anyone in, and although Liz is painfully shy and Tess is brazen and seductive in public, when the guards come down Tess is actually the calmer and more lighthearted of the two while Liz is sassy, serious-minded, and has a dominant personality almost equal to Tess's so that they continue to balance each other out.

Tess has grown up hearing about her "destiny" and so has Liz, and although Liz views it as ridiculous she doesn't question it and encourages Tess be ready for an immediate relationship with her mystery king, the only player mentioned in Nasado's drawn-out stories about her home planet.

Whenever Tess isn't around to protect Liz, Nasado uses the opportunity to threaten and abuse her - be it verbally, physically, or otherwise. It is the only secret between the two girls, because Liz believe that Nasado is the only one capable of protecting Tess and is worried about what would happen to him if she told Tess the truth.

After years of searching for the other three podsters, Nasado discovers their location in Roswell -- Liz's birthplace and previous home. When they move there, they cause quite a commotion: the sheriff is suspicious, school player Kyle Valenti can't believe his luck, Maria DeLuca is tickled pink to have her childhood bestfriend back in state and confused by Liz's "adoptive family", and although Max, Michael, and Isabel all feel an uncomfortable pull to Tess, they're wary of her and put off by her "sister", who Isabel and Michael made a point of bullying after Liz got too close to the three hybrids back in second grade. Liz is surprised and disgusted by the news that Max is the one who's supposed to be Tess's prince charming, and although Tess couldn't be happier with the news, she soon realizes that she's not the sister Max has his eye on.

Requirements:
- The core eight (Isabel, Kyle, Michael, Max, Tess, Liz, Maria, and Alex) must somehow be brought together; how Maria, Kyle, and Alex are let in on the secret is the author's choice.
- Couples must be CC.
- Liz and the three Roswell aliens must be extremely wary of each other.
- Tess and Liz have to have a best friends/sisterly relationship. Basically, Tess is NOT evil and Liz is neither the self-centered little brat or superhuman savior of the aliens, the two roles that writers seem to put her in when Tess is on the good side.
- Nasado must meet a gruesome and horrible end (well, this isn't a requirement, really, but you're certainly free to take the idea and run with it ;) ).
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

#70. It's been in my head for quite some time. I hope it makes sense.

A new girl in town catches Liz's eye and befriends her. She is an alien, but she is actually from the future. Future Max never came. It is actually Michael and Maria's daughter.

Michael feels an instant connection to her and can't figure out why. He eventually learns the truth. Maria doesn't feel anything at first, but that is because she died when the girl was only a baby. She feels a pull to her over time, though she may be jealous over her relationship with Michael at first.

Max doesn't trust this new strange girl and she doesn't trust him either. Though this becomes a rift between Max and Liz. Liz wants to get back together with him, but she won't give up her relationship with this new girl.

By the end of story, the truth comes out about the first timeline and the second timeline and how Tess had killed Alex and she got pregnant with Zan. But in the second time line Max dies, then Maria and Liz are taken hostage by Khivar. Khivar wants her child, but after she gives birth, she somehow manages to get Liz and the baby out, but leaves herself behind. Michael and Liz raise Zan and his daughter together, but only as friends. Zan turns against them and Michael and Liz find a way to send back his daughter when they know they are going to die as well.

The new girl and Tess battle it out in the present.

Alex and Isabel must be in it as well, but that is however you want it.
singerchic4
Forum Moderator

Post by singerchic4 »

Josh Turner "Firecracker"

I just heard this song on the radio and it screams CANDY FIC!

A Candy fic invloving this song somehow:

Yeeeaaahhhh

When I look in her eyes
It aint no surprise
Sparks start a flyin like the 4th of July

She gets me so hot, my heart starts a pumpin
When we get to kissin, there aint no stoppin'

When it comes to love
She aint no slacker
My little darlin is a firecracker

When I light the fuse
I gotta get back quick
You gotta be careful with a dynamite stick

Son of a gun she fun to handle
And she packs a punch like a roman candle
She a pack of black cats in a red paper wrapper
My little darlin is a firecracker

Chorus:
We might not ought to take a roll in the hay
Cause we'd burn the barn down one of these days
Were a match made in heaven
And it aint no joke.
But Id sure I hate to see it go up in smoke

We got a good thing going
And it feels so right
Shes a firecracker
Shes the light of my life.

She goes off with a great big BANG
Boys I tell ya its a beautiful thing
She takes off you better hang on tight

Shes a blonde bottle rocket
In the middle of the night

When she makes love shes a Heart attacker
My little darlin is a Firecracker

Chrous:
We might not ought to take a roll in the hay
Cause we'd burn the barn down one of these days
Were a match made in heaven
And it aint no joke.
But Id sure I hate to see it go up in smoke

And it feels so right
Shes a firecracker

Uhhh Haaa

And it feels so right
Shes a firecracker

And it feels so right
Shes a firecracker

Shes a Firecracker
Shes the light of my Life

Firecracker
Firecracker

Whooooo hoooo

Firecracker
Firecracker

BANG

Firecracker
Firecracker
If you're having a bad day and in need of a good laugh, click the siggie.
Check out my fics and art
Board ArchivesRulesFundraising
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

this came to me today and i'd like to do it but dont think id have the time so i hope someone else would lie to do it...

Summary: CC, 3rd season, Rath stirs trouble in roswell...

So everything up to season 3 happened think of this as sometime after the episode Significant Others, except when Max comes to talk to Jeff at the crash that scene goes a little different with Liz running off after Max, but i'll explain it better to whoever takes this in more detail.

Basically everyone is good right now in their relationships. M/L, M/M, and I/J are all together Liz's dad is still not letting Liz see Max but they still are obviously, m/m are finding their balance so to speak b/w new his friends, their old friends and work, and Jesse just proposed to Isabel but no one knows anything about them except that she did tell Max, Michael, and Kyle that they're dating.

So now the story...

Rath comes to town looking to make trouble, he's been semi stalking the teens and knows about all the relationship woes. When on Monday morning the Meta Chem crew comes for breakfast at the crash waiting for Michael to join them after his early morning breakfast shift before school, Rath decides to make his presence known by coming up behind Maria and all but groping her in her uniform. Michael comes out sees this and the secrets out that Michael has a 'twin brother' of sorts. To say he's pissed is the least of words. Says something like "Chill bro i was just having a little fun." Isabel walks in too and Rath continues, with something sarcastic like "Honey, you missed me?"

Jeff is working the crash as Michael's replacement cook, he sees the commotion, he's still all over the place since Liz 'ran off' with Max that weekend (they kinda did again ill explain if you want to do this) and he's shocked at this too.

Now like i was saying rath comes to town to make trouble, he makes his presence know and basically tells everyone to chill and he's just home for a little "family Reunion" which im thinking could be the title of the story. Rath continues to make his presence known at the high school and all over making trouble for everyone while the others try to think of what to do with him without blowing their cover.

Stuff can continue slightly as they do on the show if you'd like just Max doesn't go to LA. Rath lets some info about tess slip and they find out she never left.l the big explosion at the chamber was a mind warp and tess has been fucking with Max's head about his son for not coming with her. the baby may or may not exist may or may not be max's, but im going for it not being max's if it does exist that the sex would have been a mind warp too or even if it did happpen they didnt have a baby. this may be confusing but if you have questions again just ask

anyway for ruining tess's plans part of it being getting Isabel who Khivar still wants, and coming back with at least Max and possibly Michael bc we know if Max dies then Michael gets the seal so tess still thinks her ticket home is getting Max. Isabel and Michael. lonie isn't a big part of the story, but it could be mentioned Khivar took her too but he wants the real Vilondra, Rath's a little sour about thet but he knows lonnies ho-ish adn a liar so yeah you can do something with that too. Do whatever you want or nothing with ava, but all couples start and end together even if things get rocky or angsty

Do something to w/ isabel, rath and jesse and then something else with isabel, jesse and the parents. i never liked how the Evans' had a big to do about her getting marriedd but jesse was never like fired or anything during that whole thing, just have something happen when everyone's finding stuff out through rath...

that's it for now but if anyone wants to do this let me know
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Bubblegal wrote:
Zanity wrote:#66

May 2001:

Shortly after the Granolith takes off Max and Liz re-enter the chamber to see what is left. As Liz passes over the spot where the Granolith used to be her powers suddenly flare to life and her mind reaches back in time ever so briefly touching its past self.

June 2000:

Liz has been in Florida now for about two weeks when one night she has a horrible nightmare. (Everything that happened from her present through departure) Across the next couple of days she realizes her nightmare is coming true.

So she makes a couple of decisions 1) There is no way she is going to push Max to Tess now that she knows she's a traitor and 2) There is no way she is going to let Alex die.

She immediately heads back to Roswell and tries telling Maria but Maria thinks it's just a dream but tells her to go to Max anyway because he has been a wreck since she left.

So Liz goes to Max and tells him knowing he'll believe her. He does believe her and they get back together.

Michael and Isabel don't believe her however... they refuse to consider that Tess is a traitor and it drives a rift between Max and the other aliens.

You can decide how things progress from there....

Oh I would love to take this! But unfortunatly, I already have too many stories on at the moment.

I hope someone will pick this up!

this sounds great i hope someone pics it up??? does past liz get her premonition powers too now or is this a one time dream thing???
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

behrluv32 wrote:
Bubblegal wrote:
Zanity wrote:#66

May 2001:

Shortly after the Granolith takes off Max and Liz re-enter the chamber to see what is left. As Liz passes over the spot where the Granolith used to be her powers suddenly flare to life and her mind reaches back in time ever so briefly touching its past self.

June 2000:

Liz has been in Florida now for about two weeks when one night she has a horrible nightmare. (Everything that happened from her present through departure) Across the next couple of days she realizes her nightmare is coming true.

So she makes a couple of decisions 1) There is no way she is going to push Max to Tess now that she knows she's a traitor and 2) There is no way she is going to let Alex die.

She immediately heads back to Roswell and tries telling Maria but Maria thinks it's just a dream but tells her to go to Max anyway because he has been a wreck since she left.

So Liz goes to Max and tells him knowing he'll believe her. He does believe her and they get back together.

Michael and Isabel don't believe her however... they refuse to consider that Tess is a traitor and it drives a rift between Max and the other aliens.

You can decide how things progress from there....

Oh I would love to take this! But unfortunatly, I already have too many stories on at the moment.

I hope someone will pick this up!

this sounds great i hope someone pics it up??? does past liz get her premonition powers too now or is this a one time dream thing???
Well she would still get her premonition powers eventually, in time; but for now it's a one time dream thing.
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

Tess did not kill Alex

She did try to get him to translate the book (it is up to the author whether this is through a mindwarp or if she convinced him to help)

The group still thinks he's in Sweden, even though he's at Las Cruces.

Liz finds out he's not really in Sweden, and enlists Maria to help find out what happened.

They end up finding Tess and Alex in Las Cruces, but the translation was unsuccessful.

Liz (who has never seen the book) picks up the book, and begins reading it in English.

None of them, including her, can figure out how she knows the Antarian language.

It is up to the author whether Tess is good or bad.