Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

Beta Needed

Post by lizandzackfan »

Hey I need a Beta for my story A Light At The End. It's a Roswell/DA/Darklight X-over. Let me know if anyone is interested. :D
singerchic4
Forum Moderator

Post by singerchic4 »

I'm looking for a beta for my newly resurrected As the Orb Glows soap. Its my first fic and I need a little help with content, as well as comedy. If anyone is interested PLEASE pm me. I've got a new part ready to go, it just needs a tiny bit of work. The link is in my siggie.

Thank you!

Lindsay
If you're having a bad day and in need of a good laugh, click the siggie.
Check out my fics and art
Board ArchivesRulesFundraising
indigodreams
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by indigodreams »

hi everyone... my name is ashley and i'm looking for a beta. i've got this idea that's been dancing around in my head and it won't go away so i'm trying to write it out. it's mainly cc/ml and it's looking like it's gonna be a big one. i just need help to make sure i'm going in the right direction, someone to bounce ideas around with. i've never written a fanfic before...and i wanna make sure my first one is decent. thanks!
it was you.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by PML »

Hi PML here. I am looking for a beta for a long series of stories titled In Destiny's Shadow. The first story is completed, and I am working on the second of four.

The premise is a reworking of season 2, it is CC/ALL with a detailed backstory. Expect a few changes regarding Antar and the addition of more scifi devices. Both stories are linked in my signiture.

What I would like is someone to bounce ideas off of, in particular help in figuring which plot bunnies to kill. Some skill with grammar would not hurt either.

Please PM me if your interested.

PML
cassie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cassie »

I'd like a beta too, for a shortish christmas piece of about 6 parts. It's my first POV fic, so any help will be appreciated.
mars
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mars »

Offering myself as a Beta.
I only signed up here like 5 minutes ago and I'm already jumping into this. Ha.

So, I'm happy to Beta any CC fics, though I've become a big UCer recently. Prefers romance fics. Enjoys all AUs and no XOs. No slash or anything above M.
Fluent in English. Experienced in Betaing.
I'm not always comfortable with story/plot changes, maybe cause I'm easy to please and I believe it's your story. However, if I feel the need I will give my opinion, even if it's negative.
I am good at identifying grammatical and timeline etc errors. I'm dedicated, friendly and online a lot. Blah blah blah...

Give me a shout! I'm very interested.
Last edited by mars on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

Need a little help w/ my story Pen Pals. I need a beta and would like it to be some1 that is willing to bother me and be like u havent written in 2month what's wrong with you :oops:!!! anything else we can discuss i guess, i dont really need direction just someone to check that im not rambling on, that i have a point, and that the grammar and such is fine. Pm me if you're interested and we'll talk
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anonymous_parker
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by Anonymous_parker »

***TAKEN, THANK YOU***

HI,
I need a beta. I'm writing my first story and I'm pretty new to even using online boards to post stories.
My story is a Polar story, so it's UC Mi/L but it also invloves a little CC with M/L and Mi/ Ma.
It's titled "What goes around, Comes back around." And It takes place during the end of season two before season three. The plot is Max learns, what goes around comes around. I must note however, my story is no mean spirited and no one is made a villian. It's just a Roswell people story, about what can happened after so much pain has occured.

So I was looking for someone who could read over my story as I post it and help me make corrections, improvments, and help me make sure I stay within the guidelines.

If anyone is interested please PM

Thank you
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

I thought I had ended my stint with Roswell had ended. But alas my brain has decided to venture into CC territory. It takes place around Cry Your Name starting with Alex's funeral. I guess it deals with their emotions and Liz and Maria tell the truth about future Max to Max and Michael. That is as far as I've gotten so far. I have a couple ideas of where I want to take it, but I always seem to get stuck. PM if anyone is interested, I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

So I've gotten up to the second chapter. I am writing from all different POV's. So I think I have one idea that might pan out. Tess is involved, never actually killed Alex. Something involving Khivar, Isabel runs off and gets captured. The rest of the pack tries to get her back. Well that's what its in my brain so far. But I really need someone to help with this and tell if its crap or not. :oops:

**Taken** by myself lol
Last edited by dreamer19 on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rinarin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rinarin »

Hi,

i am writting my 1st ever fan fic and its an AU. M/L mostly wif the mish mash of others. Its going to be a mixture of Sex And The City wif a lil of How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days and watever movies/dramas thats help to empower my Liz cos she's gonna be one kick ass babe and basically i wana potray her as someone that takes no crap frm Max. PM me if ur intrested to be my beta.. thanx 8)