Anything But Ordinary (AU, M/L, Mature) [Complete]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks!

Part 60

One year later

Max and Isabel didn’t go to Philip’s funeral. As far as they knew, only Diane went there, just to be sure that everything went smoothly and without surprises.

Neither Max nor Isabel wanted Philip’s enterprises, so they both gave their father’s business to Diane, who was running it now. It was funny how life turned out: Philip had been working all his life to give everything to Max, but after his death Max didn’t even want it.

In the end, Max and Diane, along with help from Liz and Alex, won and Isabel didn’t go to jail, since all she had been doing was self-defence.

Max was still furious today about how Isabel had found their father that fateful night. Philip had lied to Max about taking Liz, but…that wasn’t too far from the truth, since he had planning on doing it that night. But Isabel found him and, seeing how he was hurting Liz, she did the only thing she could...she fired the gun.

She hadn’t meant to kill him. No. All she had wanted to do was to injure him, scare a little bit, so she and Liz could run away.

But destiny was a funny thing and in that single moment, Philip moved a little to the left, causing the bullet to go directly into his heart, killing him immediately, still on top of Liz.

After everything, Liz had been shaken and, although Philip was dead, she didn’t feel safe alone for a long time and it hurt Max to see her so much in pain, so wounded, so...scared.

And all because of him.

Max had wanted to fulfil his dreams, to be with Liz and raise their son, but seeing her so vulnerable made Max to re-think his decisions.

He had tried to approach her, talk, explain...plead. Liz understood, but she admitted that after everything with Tess and Philip, she couldn’t trust him again. Max had to settle for regular meetings with Chris and some talks with Liz here and there, but they weren’t moving on to a real relationship. Max waited. He tried to be patient, knowing that all Liz needed was time.

Tess was another story. When Max had come back and told her everything about Philip, Diane, Liz and Chris she was in shock, but when he informed her that he knew about the child she didn’t never have and that he wanted her out of the house immediately, she broke down completely.

She lost her mind. But after everything she had done to him in the past, Max didn’t feel sorry for her anymore. Not anymore. She was spending her days in some mental clinic, and Max believed she would be there for the rest of her life.

They had found out everything about Topolsky and how Philip had done everything possible to take the Parkers’, the Whitmans’ and other families’ properties and with the help of Diane and Alex, Max and Isabel were able to return all of the properties to their rightful owners.

Alex got his father’s land and he and Isabel finally got married. Max couldn’t be happier for her. Alex treated her well, worshipping the ground she walked on, and it wasn’t a big surprise when six months later they announced that they were expecting their first child.

Jeff and Nancy got the Crashdown and their restaurant in Las Cruces back, but after everything, Jeff decided to sell the property in Las Cruces, leaving them only in Roswell. But Jeff and Nancy couldn’t be happier to have their Crashdown back. They were finally home.

Liz had been thinking about moving back to Roswell. Although her parents were there, she had a stable job in Florida, besides Michael was there and Liz wasn’t so sure she wanted any changes in her life anymore. Although Roswell had been her home for so long time, it slightly reminded her of Tess and Philip and everything bad that had happened to her family. But she had to admit that in Florida she had been kidnapped and held in Philip’s house, so Liz was planning on moving on somewhere else. To make a clean start.

In the end, everything had gone perfectly, with her and Chris moving to Boston, where Maria was. Of course, Michael and Max joined them almost immediately. Michael, because of Maria, and Max couldn’t let Liz and Chris live so far away from him.

He wasn’t letting them go. Not anymore.

Even if he and Liz weren’t meant to be, at least he could watch her and be sure that everything was alright with her and their little miracle.

They all had received another surprise when Maria and Michael had informed about their own wedding soon. Max was truly glad about Alex and Isabel family and he congratulated both Maria and Michael as well, but at the same time he couldn’t help but wish that he and Liz would be getting married as well.

Unfortunately, they were only friends; Liz had made it clear that she didn’t want any kind of romantic relationship with Max.

Max had easily divorced Tess and started studying medicine, trying to spend as much time as possible with Chris and… Liz.

But they rarely spent time all together, like a family. Liz clearly avoided Max and he often looked after Chris, when she had to work or had other business.

Just like tonight.

Max opened the door to Liz’s apartment, since she had given him the key, saying that he was Chris’ father and ... after all he could have his key in case anything happened.

Max only smiled.

He walked inside the apartment, noticing Chris at first, who was watching TV.

Chris momentarily turned his head from TV. “Hi, Daddy,” he said happily as he walked over Max, so he could give his father a hug.

“Hi, buddy,” Max replied, still in awe when his son called him Daddy.

Liz walked by, clearly in hurry, but Max couldn’t help but simply stare at her.

In the last year he had never seen her so dressed up... And although she was becoming more and more beautiful from day to day, today... today Max forgot how to breathe.

“Hi, Max,” she said briefly, yet Max could hear that she was nervous. “As usual, dinner is in the oven and you have all the needed numbers, so...”

“Where are you going?” Max couldn’t help but ask.

Liz stopped pacing, “I... I have a date tonight,”

Max’s world came crashing down around him.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks for the feedback! I see that my readers here and on other boards are divided in two teams: one - Liz is crazy, two - Liz is completely right. :!: Well, I had planned to write this part of the story, when Max had married Tess in this story and many of you said in your feedback, that you wouldn't be glad if Liz runs back in Max's arms.

Well...it won't happen so soon. 8)

Part 61

“A date?” Max whined to Maria through the phone, “What am I going to do now?”

He, Isabel and Maria had met up again soon after Philip’s funeral, and after talking everything out, they all had worked out their issues. Now they were back to being good friends.

It didn’t hurt that, now Max and Maria were living in the same city again and since Isabel and Alex had settled down in the country, Maria often was the only person Max could turn to.

It wasn’t like he could go to his mother. Although he loved and valued her, he feared that things would never be the same. He remembered how she had taken care of he and Isabel when they were little. She had been always there, supporting them, listening... just being there. Then she had drifted away and now Max knew why.

Although that reason had ceased to exist, their relationship with their mother was still ...rather cold. Max didn’t expect her to come to his house and tuck him in, like when he was little, but right now they were almost complete strangers.

It was like she wasn’t his mother, but more like... a very good person from FBI who had helped to destroy his father and get Liz back. That’s all.

Even the fact that Diane had quit the FBI soon after Philip’s death didn’t change anything. She ran the company and for most of the time she was just busy.

And since his relationship with Michael was still kind of edgy, Maria was the only person he could turn to when he wanted to talk about Liz. Of course, Michael had literally growled a couple of times when Max had come to their apartment, only to talk about his little sister.

But Maria and Max simply ignored him.

“So?” Maria replied. “It doesn’t mean anything,” she shrugged.

Max shook his head. “No, you don’t understand, Maria,” again he whined like a small child, “She’s never gone on a date before, why now?”

“Perhaps she was just asked out and she couldn’t turn him down?” Maria asked.

“No, no… Liz would never do that. She probably already knows him well and… likes him, if she agreed to go out with him,” Max swallowed.

“Don’t worry, Max. I’m sure Liz just needs a little time to accept you into her life again,” Maria assured him.

“That’s the point!” Max cried. “I’ve been there, in her life, for the past year. I have been with her and Chris, she doesn’t need to accept me anymore.”

“Max,” Maria said quietly. “She has been through a lot because of your father, just give her some time, ok?”

Max nodded weakly. “It’s just... I know she said we could be only friends, but... I thought we were getting closer,” he said quietly.

“Perhaps she just want to make you jealous, huh?” Maria chuckled.

“Well, it’s damn working,” Max muttered. “I mean,” he continued, “Doesn’t she understand how worried I am?” he cried again. “We don’t know anything about this guy; how Liz can so easily trust him, huh?”

“Max, Max, Max,” Maria chanted. “You meant to say that you don’t know anything about that guy, right?” she chuckled. “Besides, Liz can’t live in fear for the rest of her life, you know? Your father is… dead and I have to say he was the only danger in her life in the past few years. Why should she be worried now?”

Max briefly glanced at the clock. “That’s it, I’m calling her cell phone,” he said determined.

“Why?”

“She said she would be back at 10 p.m.,” Max stated. “Now it’s ten minutes past ten; she is late.”

Maria laughed, “Don’t you think, you’re exaggerating, Max?”

Max frowned. “Don’t laugh at me, I’m already a wreck,” he said, “Since I put Chris to bed, I have done nothing but watch out of the window and talking, or rather whine, to you,”

At that exact moment, Max saw a car pull up and stop outside the apartment. Three seconds later, Liz climbed out.

“I have to go,” he said hurriedly, “Liz is back.”

Maria sighed. “Pull yourself together, Max, you’re going to scare her if you demand too much from her,” Maria advised, before Max hung up the phone.

A few moments later, Liz opened the door and walked in.

“Hey,” she said quietly and placed the keys on the counter. “How was your evening? How’s Chris?”

“Good,” Max replied. “We played some games and watched some TV. You’re late,” he added worried.

Liz looked at the clock.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she said. “I had a great time tonight, so I guess I just forgot about the time. Although I’m only 15 minutes late.”

“I’m sorry,” Max shrugged. “I was just worried,” he admitted.

Liz remained silent.

“It’s late,” she said a moment later. “Thank you for watching Chris tonight, but you should go home.”

Home? She and Chris were his home, not the cold and empty apartment he owned and slept in.

“Ok,” Max said and walked to the door.

Before leaving, he looked back at Liz, who was still standing by the counter, nervously gripping her purse.

“See you tomorrow,” he said and walked out.

Damn, Max cursed. He knew Maria had advised to give her time and space, but he didn’t think it was working anymore.

He was going to ask her out on a date tomorrow, Max thought determinedly.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks for the feedback and welcome the new readers! :wink:

Part 62

Unfortunately Max’s plans of asking Liz out, didn’t pan out in real life.

After his classes, he came back to Liz’s apartment, only to find Michael watching his little boy.

His little boy. He, Chris and Liz should be a family, why didn’t she ask him to be with them? Even more, she shouldn’t even have to ask; Chris was his son as well, but lately Max felt like he was being pushed out of their lives.

“Hey,” Max said politely. “Where’s Liz?” he asked then.

“She called me to say that she couldn’t pick him up from pre-school,” Michael shrugged. “Something serious came up at work and she won’t be home until late evening.”

Max nodded silently. “Where’s Chris?” he asked alarmed, not seeing him.

Michael slightly pointed at his bedroom. “He is playing with his toys,” he said as Chris ran out of his room and straight into Max’s arms, “Was,” Michael added rather bitterly.

“Hey,” Max said as he picked his son up. “How was your day?”

“I got a new friend!” Chris replied exalted.

“Really?” Max smiled, there was nothing better than seeing a happy and content child, especially if it’s yours. “What happened, then?”

“Her name is Sara and she has brown hair just like me!” Chris said. “And she shared her toys today, I like her.”

“So, you have a girl friend then?” Max gently teased him.

Chris nodded enthusiastically, “I’m her friend too!”

Max laughed. If only Liz was here....

“Will you play with me?” Chris asked then.

Max nodded. “You know I will,” he chuckled, not really in a position to say ‘no’ to Chris. Max knew that would get him into trouble later.

As Liz had said, Max was already spoiling Chris too much, not saying ‘no’ to him at all; doing everything he asked, buying everything he asked for. But how could he say ‘no’ to him? He hadn’t known Chris for his first five years...

Max knew that it wasn’t a smart move to spoil him and he promised himself that he would stop, but he didn’t have the power to, if he only saw Chris for an hour or two each day. That was too little time for Max’s liking.

Max briefly glanced at Michael, before turning back to Chris, “How about you go to your room and wait for me, I need just talk to your uncle first, ok?”

Chris nodded and ran back to his toys.

Max chuckled again and turned to Michael.

“What time did Liz say she would be home?” he asked again. He wanted to ask her out and he was nervous already.

Michael shrugged, “Dunno. She only said that something came up at work and she would be later than usual, but then... after work she is going out,” he finished rather smugly.

Too smugly for Max’s liking.

He knew that Michael still didn’t like him, that was obvious, but Max had thought (more hoped) that Michael would get over it. After all, it had been a year.

But now, looking at Michael’s face, Max knew that nothing was over between them. Michael hadn’t forgiven him for hurting his little sister; he would probably do the same with Isabel and Alex, but he still hoped for his own and for Liz’s sake, that Michael would eventually change his attitude.

After all, Max had been in their lives for a year already. He wasn’t going to leave again or let Liz and Chris go away, but Michael still didn’t trust him. Of course, Max couldn’t be even sure that he had Liz’s trust back, but… he tried every day, every second to amend his mistakes from years ago.

“Going out?” Max said quietly.

“Yep,” Michael confirmed again. “That’s what I said, didn’t I?” he grinned.

“With who?” Max asked then. He knew it was somehow ridiculous to ask that, after all he probably wouldn’t even know the guy. But knowing his name... would be something.

“And how is it any of your business?” Michael asked irritated. “She has her own life, you know; not only you and your drama.”

“Look, Michael,” Max said. “I know you don’t like me; I got the message, but we both love Liz, can we at least try to act civilized around each other?”

“You love Liz?” Michael said loudly. “You ditched her at the first sign of trouble; you married Tess and completely forgot about her. If that’s the way you show your love... then don’t love her, ok?”

Max was silent for a moment. “I can’t not love her,” he whispered.

Michael sighed and stood up, “Man, it’s the truth, I really dislike you, but this is for your own good... I’m not saying that you should disappear from Chris’ life, don’t even think about that, because I will break all your bones, if you do,” he said seriously. “But," he continued, “I really don’t think you and Liz have a chance anymore. Perhaps all those years ago there was something rare and special between you, but you... killed it, Max. Your love is never going to be the same, no matter what you do or say.”

Max shook his head, “No, I...know, Liz and I ... we can be together.”

“No, Max,” Michael disagreed. “It’s been a year now, don’t you get the message, huh? She is letting you be close only because Chris needs a father. Besides, she is dating Jake and I must say it looks damn serious.”

Max stiffened, Jake?

“Huh?”

“She has been dating him for months now, Max, you just didn’t know it,” Michael said quietly and somehow uneasily. Although he didn’t like Max, it was still hard to tell him that he didn’t have any chance with Liz again.

It wasn’t like Michael didn’t believe Max about his love for Liz, but Michael remembered too well what he and his family had done to Liz. How much pain and tears the Evans’ family had brought them.

“How serious are they?” Max asked in monotone voice, showing no emotions.

Michael shrugged, “I don’t know all details,” he admitted. “But I have met him and he... seems nice and Liz likes spending time with him. Just... let her go, Max, let her be happy.”
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Wow, I was seriously surprised when I read the feedback last night and now (this morning). :shock: First of all, I was shocked to see more and more readers, I hadn't even suspected some of you were reading this. :shock: And the second thing...your response about Liz. Hmm, some parts ago I was worried that I'd never get Max good again in your eyes, now I have to worry about Liz. :lol: You're just wonderful. :wink:

Part 63

Both Max and Liz smiled as they watched Chris playing with his friends. It was Sunday and Max had suggested that they spend some time together, all three of them, not just he and Chris, or Liz and Chris.

Liz was hesitant at first, but in the end, Max convinced her. After all, how could he ask her out if they never were alone?

Yes, Michael had advised to leave Liz alone, but how could Max do that? He had given up once already and he had paid for it, not knowing his son’s first five years. Max wasn’t going to let them go. At least not without a proper fight.

Now, they all were in the nearest park and Liz was sitting on the bench with Max, while Chris played with his friends; although Max couldn’t help but wince at the distance between he and Liz.

She obviously didn’t trust him. And it hurt much more than Max wanted to admit. He knew that he had made big mistakes; he had messed up all their lives and he’d suspected that it wouldn’t all be fixed within a year, but...he had hoped.

Liz trusted him with Chris. She gave him full freedom there, knowing that Chris needed a father as well. Max could meet him any time he wanted and spend as much time as possible, but when it came to Liz...Their talks and meetings were rare.

Liz was avoiding him.

“How’s work?” Max asked, his eyes not leaving Chris.

“It’s ok,” Liz answer was simple.

Max gathered all his courage and strength to say his next words; who knew this was going to be this hard?

“I’ve heard there is a new restaurant not far away from you,” Max said determined. “Perhaps we can go there... tomorrow night?”

Liz wasn’t fast with her answer and Max didn’t dare to turn and look at her properly.

“A year ago, I said that I would get your trust back,” Max reminded her. “And… since then I have been trying to make things work, but...you obviously have other plans.”

“Max,” Liz protested weakly. “I really, really want for things to be ... like they were before. Back in Roswell, before our wedding, when we were so young and so much in love,” she said truly. “But... I’m not sure if I can.”

“I still have nightmares,” she admitted then. “It’s not that I see… him in my dreams, but I feel him... I can smell his cigars and the wine he drank... I see his smirk, I hear his laugh.”

Max turned to Liz and saw that she was barely holding back her tears, “I’m sorry I reminded you.”

“It isn’t your fault, Max,” Liz replied. “I can’t blame you just because he was your father, after all you’re the father of my own son.”

Max nodded.

“But I’m not ready to trust you with me, with my heart,” she said then.

Max swallowed, “I know you have been dating someone.”

Liz’s eyes widened, she wanted to be the one who told him, “I told you I had gone to the date this week.”

“But it’s much more serious than one date, isn’t it?” Max asked with obvious hurt in his eyes.

Liz nodded hesitantly, “It’s just... Jake and I, we understand each other. I like spending time with him, he is great.”

“Are... you together?” Max asked quietly, not sure if he really wanted to know the answer.

“Don’t worry, we won’t run to Las Vegas and get married next weekend,” she teased, but when she noticed how noticeably Max stiffened, she immediately regretted her words. “We are not...that serious.”

“But...when it becomes serious, you will tell me, right?” Max asked. “Because for the past year I have ... hoped and dreamt that we would be together one day and now...finding out that you’re dating... I just want to be informed, when you two...are serious, I don’t want my heart to be broken,” he spoke quietly.

“I’m sorry, Max,” Liz said quietly. “I don’t want to hurt you, but...I can’t be hurt in the process as well.”

“I just hope he will make you happy,” Max said and stood up. “I’m going for a quick walk around the park, I will be back soon,” he walked out, wanting to spend some time alone. He had a lot to think about.

Liz had said it; she didn’t want to be with him anymore. Now, Max only had to find a way to be around her, knowing that they never were going to be together.

~ ~ ~

He smiled as he looked down at the table.

With his fingers, he slowly traced the edge of the table, where he had put all items he needed.

He touched his gun at first, wondering if the bullet was the best way for her. That was too quick, he wanted her to suffer before ending her life.

Gripping the gun tightly into his hand, he gritted his teeth, thinking that she didn’t deserve to live. Not anymore. Not after everything she had done... to them. To him.

Because of her... his life was now ruined. If not for her... he would be in a different place right now. But no… she had to be in his way, acting so innocent.

That bitch was going to die.

Placing the gun back onto the table, he moved onto the knife beside it. His smile appeared again as he thought how wonderful it was going to be when he twisted it inside her.

Then he touched the rope, considering this way of killing her. It wouldn’t be too bad to squeeze the life out of her either. A moment later, he took the next item, a small bottle, which had a dangerous liquid inside.

At least for her, he smirked. To poison her? That was another option.

Placing it back, he took two steps back, admiring his table. He had been preparing for this, for a year now. Everything he had to do now was to decide the way he would kill her.

Liz Parker was going to die.

Hmm, I guess this is a proper place and time to remind you that Part 70 is the last one (+ epilogue). :wink:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Lol, almost all of you quickly decided that Jake wants to kill Liz, huh? In this part she will get an unexpected visitor. Enjoy. 8)

Part 64

Max and Liz had just got to her apartment, when there was a knock at the door.

When Liz opened the door, she was shocked to see the person standing there. She hadn’t seen him in… years. Six years, in fact. She had forgotten about him, but obviously he hadn’t.

What was he doing here?

Max expression hardened at the sight of the other man. Yes, they had been friends, but also rivals. Max surely didn’t like that he was just standing there, just like that. Who did he think he was, simply coming to Boston?

“Jeremy?” Liz asked hesitantly. “What are you doing here?”

Jeremy smiled. “What? Don’t I even get a hug?” he teased. Not waiting for Liz to respond, he wrapped his arms around her .

Liz stood there, completely stunned. While she was still processing the fact that Jeremy was hugging her, a growl was heard behind them.

Was that Max? Liz wondered.

Jeremy let her go. “Max?” he said surprised. “I didn’t see you there.” He took two steps forward, “It’s great to see you, man.”

Max found it hard to believe that the other man was glad to see him.

Eyeing him suspiciously, Max asked, “What are you doing here? How did you find Liz? Why didn’t you call at first?”

Jeremy chuckled, “Whoa, calm down, Max.”

Calm down? How was he supposed to calm down? Not only was Liz dating some... Jake, now there was another man from her past.

Ok, he knew that there was nothing serious between he and Liz, but... that didn’t calm him down. He already didn’t like the whole situation with her and the so-called Jake; he definitely didn’t need this too.

“We are just surprised to see you here, Jeremy,” Liz added.

Jeremy nodded. “Can I at least come in properly and not stand in the doorway?” he asked, gently teasing her.

Liz blushed mildly; in all her surprise, she hadn’t let him in. “Sure, come in. Perhaps you want something? Tea? Coffee? Soda?” she offered.

Max remained in the same spot, still silent and still looking at the newfound rival. He definitely didn’t like the fact that Liz had let him in, even more... she was being nice to him. She wasn’t supposed to be nice to him.

He immediately scolded himself; he definitely needed to pull himself together, because he still had to meet the famous Jake, who he already didn’t like, and he and Liz were so much closer than... she and Jeremy. Jeremy wasn’t a threat. Was he?

“Water would be good,” Jeremy replied. Liz asked him to follow in the kitchen and he went after her. Of course, Max was right behind him, not letting him out of sight even for a second.

Giving him the bottle of water, Liz couldn’t help but ask, “So, how are you?”

She was still trying to understand how he had managed to find her.

“I’m good,” Jeremy simply replied and then added. “Listen, Liz, there is something I need to tell you. Can we talk?” he asked. “Alone.”

“No,” Max replied and Liz sharply turned to look at him.

How did he dare to decide instead of her? He was Chris’ father, but it didn’t give him any right to rule her.

“Max!” Liz scolded. “I can decide by myself,” she said.

“Liz,” Max objected.

“Max,” she interrupted him. “Can you please leave us alone for a moment?”

Max shook his head. “No, there is no way I’m leaving you alone,” he replied determined to keep his word.

“Sorry, Jeremy, but I need to talk to Max, can you wait a minute?” she asked, already walking to Max.

“Sure, I’m not in hurry,” he replied casually as Liz grabbed Max’s arm and led him in the living room.

“Who the hell you think you are?” she hissed. “You have no right to act like that.”

“Liz, we don’t know anything about him,” Max defended himself. “Why is he suddenly here? Just like that. Liz, you can’t trust him.”

“Who is talking about trusting?” she asked. “He asked me to listen to him, that’s all.”

Max shook his head again. “But...why does he want to be alone with you, then? I don’t trust him,” he said quietly.

Liz’s expression softened, “Max, you can’t keep me in your sight 24/7,” she said. “Your father... Philip… is dead. There are no more threats. . Relax.”

Max lowered his head, “I can’t help it, Liz. I worry about you and Chris, always. It’s my duty, isn’t it?” he chuckled softly.

“Max, I’m already dating Jake, you don’t need to worry about me anymore. It’s not like you can keep me locked up forever,” she smiled.

Max slightly blushed, when he decided that the thought of keeping Liz locked up, most likely just with him and Chris, wasn’t so bad.

“Ok,” he replied. “Go and talk to him, just... be careful, ok? And... I will be here, just in case,”

Liz hesitantly nodded, “Ok, Max, but...just this time, I’m letting you stay close. Just this time,” she said. “I’m trying to move on and… you should do the same thing,” Liz advised, not really believing she was saying something like this. Her heart was breaking up at the words, but after everything… she still wasn’t sure about Max.

Max gave her a sad smile.

“Liz, I won’t move on,” he said seriously, “If I can’t spend the rest of my life with you...then I’ll spend it alone.”

Liz almost melted at his words, but she remained silent as she walked back to the kitchen where Jeremy was waiting for her.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks for the feedback! So, now you're suspecting Jeremy, huh? 8) :shock: :twisted:

Part 65

“How did you find me?” Liz asked, breaking the silence between her and Jeremy.

He sat down and toyed with his soda bottle. “Your parents,” he answered, “I met them in Roswell and we talked a little while. I wanted to see you and since they remembered that we dated, they gave me your new address,” he explained.

Liz merely nodded, wondering why her parents hadn’t told her about Jeremy when she spoke to them last week.

Inwardly she scolded herself. Now she was acting just like Max, there was no reason to be paranoid. Philip was dead and Liz couldn’t look over her shoulder for the rest of her life.

“And why did you want to meet me?” Liz asked. “I mean...we haven’t seen each other for six years; why now?”

Jeremy was silent for a moment, before answering, “I haven’t been completely honest with you,” he admitted hesitantly. “There...are some things I have done in the past and I’m not proud of them.”

Liz looked at him confused.

“So, you lied to me about something?” she asked, not sure what to think.

He shook his head and stood up, “Well, not exactly...I didn’t lie to you, but I didn’t say some things to you, although I should have.”

Liz was perplexed. “I don’t understand you, Jeremy. Why have you come here after six years?”

“I can’t keep it inside, Liz,” he replied. “Not anymore.”

“I really loved you then, Liz,” Jeremy admitted. “And because of it, I made some mistakes, stupid mistakes, which I regret now and wish I have never done such things.”

“Wait a minute,” Liz said. “So, you’re telling me you have made mistakes, regarding me and… what are your feelings now?” she asked suspiciously. If he still loved her, she couldn’t quit believe his words, could she?

Jeremy chuckled slightly. “Don’t worry, Liz. You’re free from me,” he joked, “Although you will always be my first love, I have to admit that I have moved on.”

Liz breathed in relief. She didn’t want to deal with an infatuated ex-boyfriend at the moment. Not when she had Jake and Max to worry about.

“I’m glad about that,” Liz said honestly. “I hope you are going to be happy with her.”

“Thanks, I hope that too. She is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with,” Jeremy confessed.

“Anyway,” Liz said. “You just said you have kept something from me,” she reminded him. “What is it?”

Jeremy lowered his head in shame, “When we started dating, I knew... that there was someone else.”

Huh?

“No, Jeremy,” Liz protested, but he silenced her.

“No, let me finish,” he said. “I always knew that I wasn’t the one for you, but you were the one for me, so… I did everything I could to keep you with me.”

Liz frowned, definitely not liking where this was leading, “And what did you do?” she asked.

“I...I associated with Tess,” he blurted out. “I’m sorry, Liz.”

“Tess?” Liz groaned at the well-known name. Although Tess had hurt her, but Liz had been lying to her as well. In overall, she felt sorry for the former best friend who was now spending her days in mental hospital. This wasn’t something Liz had wished for her in life.

“What did you do together?” she asked.

“One day she approached me, saying that she suspected that Max was cheating on her with someone else,” he said. “By that time, I already knew that you and Max liked each other, but I didn’t say anything to Tess, I swear,” he said.

Liz shook her head and threw her hands in the air, “I don’t understand your story, Jeremy. How did you know Max and I had feelings for each other?”

He chuckled loudly, “I think it was pretty much obvious; every time I saw you two together... it was in your eyes. Love. And since Max never wanted to talk about my relationship with you, I just put two and two together.”

“Why did you never say this to me?” she asked.

Jeremy shrugged, “I guess I didn’t want to say it out loud and make it real. Before that, it was only in my imagination. Saying it aloud… that would make it the truth and I just didn’t want to hear it.”

Liz quietly nodded; still processing the newfound information, “What else, Jeremy? Is there something more?”

“Not really,” he said. “Although Tess admitted that she thought she was pregnant and that was before Max or any of you found out. I guess I should have done or said something about it sooner, but then I didn’t know that she was just lying and manipulating you all,” Jeremy admitted. “I swear, I found out the truth about the baby from your parents last week.”

“And what do you want from me?” Liz asked. “Forgiveness? You have it, don’t worry. I agree, you shouldn’t have been silent about a lot of things, but I don’t want to hold a grudge,” she said.

Jeremy smiled, “Thank you, Liz, it really means a lot to me. I just...wanted to come and tell you everything I know. I’ve lived with this guilt for years; I couldn’t do it anymore. Not with the new relationship,” he said and then added. “I really love her.”

She gave him a small smile, “Then I wish the best for you,” she said truthfully.

~ ~ ~

Max was fidgeting in the living room, trying not to go to the kitchen door and eavesdrop on Liz and Jeremy’s talk. That would be definitely wrong and he wouldn’t earn Liz’s trust that way.

There was a knock at the door and Max immediately stood up to answer it.

“How can I help you?” Max asked hesitantly, eyeing the stranger at the other side of the door.

The man had something… about him and Max immediately disliked him. He frowned, surprising himself by his sudden feeling of emotion.

“Hi, I’m looking for Liz Parker. My name is Jake,” the man said politely.

And Max disliked him even more.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

He, he, I'm somehow glad you're confused now. 8) Although I have to admit that some of you are ... close. 8)

Part 66

“What do you want?” Max asked rather bluntly, but it wasn’t like he cared anyway.

There was just something about the man, Jake. Although he seemed familiar, Max couldn’t remember no matter how hard he tried. What Max knew was that something wasn’t right with him.

“Hmm, is Liz here?” Jake asked confused. “I said that I was looking for Liz, didn’t I?”

Max pulled himself together; he was indeed being rather rude to Jake. He couldn’t dislike the other man just because he was dating his Liz.

Oh yes, he could.

“Max?” Liz asked from behind. “Who is at the door?”

With heavy heart, Max took one step to the side, revealing Jake to Liz.

“Oh my God. Jake? What are you doing here?” Liz asked surprised, she hadn’t expected to see him at her home. Yes, she had given her address, but he hadn’t said he would come.

What was wrong with these people? Why wasn’t anyone using the phone? First Jeremy; now Jake. Max surely didn’t seem pleased with Liz’s guests that day.

Jake shrugged. “I just wanted to surprise you,” he said sheepishly and came two steps towards her, wrapping his arms around her, pulling closer.

“I really missed you, Liz,” he whispered into her ear, but Max heard him anyway and gritted his teeth. How dared he!

But Jake’s next action shocked both Liz and Max. He leaned down and quickly, yet softly, kissed Liz on the lips, in front of Max.

Max stiffened even more, if that was possible, and he tried to do his best not throw Jake out. He wasn’t supposed to kiss Liz!

Liz pulled away and uncomfortably looked back at Max. It wasn’t like she wanted to introduce both men. Clearing her throat, she said, “Well, this is Jake,” then she pointed to Max, “Max. Max Evans,” she said.

Jake eyed the other man, “It’s great to meet you, Max. Liz has told me so much about you.” He extended his hand.

Max willed himself to shake Jake’s hand, not saying anything.

Jake tore his eyes from Max and turned to Liz. “I was actually wondering if you wanted to go out with me,” he admitted.

Liz raised an eyebrow, “Now?” she asked.

Jake nodded. “Well, yeah. It seems you’re free, aren’t you?” he asked.

Liz bit her lip nervously; she wasn’t comfortable with both men in the same room. Perhaps it was a good idea to go out with Jake? And Jeremy was already leaving, so she didn’t have to worry about the Max/Jeremy situation as well.

Deciding, she turned to Max, “Max, could you watch Chris for a couple of hours? We won’t be longer than that, right Jake?”

Jake nodded, “Sure, I just want to show you something,” he said.

“What is it?” she asked interested.

Jake again leaned down to her, “It’s a surprise,” he whispered.

And Max was still standing there, scolding himself. He must be Superman or something; it amazed him that he was just standing there, watching as that Jake guy took away his Liz.

“Yeah,” Max replied tightly, “Chris and I...we will be alright. Have fun,” he managed to say.

Liz looked at him suspiciously, “Are you sure?”

Max nodded. “Really, everything is fine,” he said and leaned down to whisper into Liz’s ear, with one eye still looking at the rival “You said it yourself, I need to start trusting again. Especially you. If you trust him, then I trust him as well.”

What Max didn’t say, was the fact that he didn’t believe his own words. He didn’t trust Jake, not at all. But he would work on that later.

“Ok, then,” Liz agreed and grabbed her coat and purse. “I’ll be back soon,” she said, before disappearing with Jake, leaving one distracted Max behind.

He quickly checked on Chris, who apparently was tired from their walk and was napping now. Then he sat down on the couch and took the phone in one hand and a piece of paper in the other.

To call or not to call?

Of course, he had assured Liz that he trusted both her and Jake, but that was a lie, Max suspected even Liz knew he was lying.

Now he was thinking about his next step. If he didn’t call, he would be unsure about Jake. He didn’t know anything about him, how could Liz trust him so easily? Then again...If he did call, that...would be definitely bad, because not only he would break Liz’s trust with it, but he would put his mother’s job at stake.

Not even mentioning the fact that Liz would probably kill him. She was a big girl, she said, and that she didn’t want to be scared for the rest of her life anymore.

But Max was scared.

Quickly deciding, Max dialled his mother’s phone.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hi, Mom,” Max said, feeling uncomfortable. He had to admit that in the end he barely knew the woman he called Mother.

“Max!” she said obviously surprised. “I didn’t expect your call.”

“I know, Mom, sorry for not calling earlier,” he apologized. “But...I need you to help me with something,” Max admitted. He didn’t like what he was doing, but he needed to know.

“What is it, Max?” Diane asked hesitantly.

“Liz is dating someone,” Max blurted out. “And since you have all the right connections, I want you to gather information about him,” he said and held his breath, waiting for the answer.

It didn’t matter that much. Max would investigate by himself if needed, but her sources were faster and accurate.

I know, I know...you're ready to kill Liz for going out with Jake, no? :twisted:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Ok, in this part you'll find the name of the killer. :twisted:

Part 67

“What?” Max yelled, “How is that possible?”

Diane sighed at the other end and slightly pulled the phone away from her ear, she was going to be deaf before the conversation was over.

“That’s what I got, Max. Jake isn’t Jake, but none other than Sean, who worked for Philip for years,” she repeated.

“Fuck,” Max cried and fought the urge just throw away the phone, “What we are going to do?”

“Well, first of all you need to calm down,” Diane said and before Max could protest, she continued, “I know, I know...you won’t be able to sit still, but just...think before doing something, ok?” she asked.

“I don’t need to remind you what happened last year with Philip, don’t I?” Diane added quietly.

Max swallowed, “Ok,” he said, shuddering as he remembered that day a year ago.

Diane breathed in relief. At least he gave her hope he wouldn’t do anything stupid, but Diane knew that at the first chance, Max would jump into the trouble, only to save Liz.

“Do you know where he is?” Max asked urgently.

“We have an address in the data base and I have just sent a man to check it. Who knows if he really lives there, though. Like I said, Jake Peterson is a false identity, the man with the same name and social security number died in 1974,” she said.

She continued, “Since we got the picture from the company where he and Liz are working, we could find him.”

“How could I not recognize him?” Max cried frustrated. “Especially if Sean was working with Philip for years.”

“As far as I know, Sean was one of Philip’s best men and he used him only for special and very important deals; although they weren’t seen together often,” Diane explained.

Max nodded silently; it still didn’t cover the fact that he should have trusted his feelings and not let Liz go out with him.

“What do I need to do?” Max asked, he couldn’t just sit and wait, without doing something.

“First of all, try to call and warn her, without making that Sean guy suspicious, ok?” his mother replied.

“Fine, I’ll call her now,” Max agreed, “Inform me what your men find out about him and the house,” he said before dialling Liz’s number.

He held his breath when he heard the dial tone.

One....

Two....

Three....

Fou....

“Hello?” Liz replied.

~ ~ ~

Liz was lost in her thoughts as Jake drove them somewhere out of the city. She had been going out with him for a while now and he seemed... nice. Not that she was having any deeper feelings for him, but he was safe... at least he felt so.

She wanted nothing more than push her doubts and memories of Philip aside and just give in to Max and be with him again. But he had hurt her, somehow even betrayed her by letting her go without a fight and she wasn’t sure about him. Not yet.

Of course, Liz somehow even understood Max and his position six years ago. They were young, naive, inexperienced and thought that love was enough for their happy ending. He had made mistakes, but so had she.

Philip had destroyed the good between them, although Liz would never regret her son, Chris. However, the situation was indeed bad all those years ago. Max had signed the papers, only because he thought that it was best for her; that way Philip would leave them alone and the Parkers’ would have some money to get Michael out of jail and start a new beginning somewhere else.

But what she didn’t understand was the fact that after everything, he had married Tess. In the past, Tess had said that she would be the future Mrs. Evans so often and... in the end that was the truth. Just like Liz, Tess had been Max’s wife.

Liz also had made mistakes. She took Philip’s money and disappeared from their lives. Liz should have contacted Max some way, letting him know that he had a son, but her first thought had been of Philip; although even then she didn’t know how evil he was. Only later, finding out that he was capable of raping and killing, opened her eyes fully.

It wasn’t like Liz was glad that she hadn’t told Max about Chris as soon as possible, because that would meant that Philip would have known faster as well... But they just delayed the confrontation with Philip. Instead, they all had let him to rule their lives.

Liz’s phone started to vibrate in her pocket. As she was taking it out, she glanced at Jake, who seemed lost in his thoughts as well, his eyes were fixated on the road ahead of him.

“Hello?” Liz said. The caller ID said Max Evans. What did he want from her?

“Liz!?” Max said partly happy that she was answering, partly scared, because she wasn’t safe with him, but somewhere with some freak.

“What’s wrong, Max?” she asked and Jake turned briefly to look at her.

“Where are you, Liz? Don’t react, but Jake isn’t who you think,” Max said quickly. “My mother did some research and he used to work for my father.”

“Huh? What are you talking about, Max?” Liz asked completely surprised. “And why did your mother do that? Don’t tell me you were spying on me,” she rolled her eyes.

Before she got the chance to hear Max’s reply, Jake snapped her phone out of her hands and pressed it to his own ear, only to hear Max’s reply.

“... And his real name is Sean. He is very dangerous, you have to come back as soon as possible,” Max said.

Jake/Sean grinned and threw the phone out of the window. They were outside the city now and Liz cursed herself for her own stupidity for trusting Jake. Or Sean.

She swallowed as he turned to her again and his grin widened, obviously enjoying the sight of fear in her eyes, “We can start now.”
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

omwf wrote:You know this story is breaking my heart, then leaving me scared and so on... When is it going to make us relieved and happy? I can't wait for Max, Liz and Chris to be a family .... with no psycho after them.
Sorry, I can only promise the family in the epilogue (aka Wednesday). :wink:

So, Liz's life is in danger and you're happy? :shock: :!: Lol, enjoy the next part, only parts 69 and 70 left after this (and the epilogue).

Part 68

“Liz? Liz!” Max cried over and over again, but without a result. He couldn’t lose her. Not again, not after everything they had been through.

Composing himself, Max picked up the phone again and dialled Maria’s number. If needed, he would go and simply search for them on the street, but he had to take care of Chris first.

~ ~ ~

Liz fought back the tears, as Sean finally stopped the car. They were far away from the city, deep in the woods and since it was already dark, Liz could barely see the cabin in front of her.

When Sean had thrown her phone away, Liz had thought about jumping out of the moving car, but since he had closed the door and had obviously put the child lock on, she didn’t have any chance of getting away.

Of course, she could try and simply fight against Sean, but since he was the driver and she was probably a lot weaker than him, that would do more harm than good.

Instead she had simply remained in her place, thoughts running in her head. Now, when they had finally stopped, she voiced the question.

“What do you want from me?” she asked, trying not to let her voice tremble, but she knew that Sean could see her fear anyway.

“It’s all your fault, Elizabeth,” Sean said slowly and Liz cringed.

“Huh? What is my fault? I don’t even know you,” she cried.

“Don’t fucking pretend!” Sean yelled and hit the wheel. Liz started to tremble. She had to get away from him. And fast.

“Everything happened only because of you,” he yelled. “My father is dead only because of you!”

Liz’s eyes widened. He was definitely a psychopath.

“What are you talking about? I don’t know you or your father. How can I be responsible for his death?” Liz defended herself.

Sean gritted his teeth and gripped the wheel in his hands, “Philip Evans was my father. And… you just destroyed him!” he said calmer now.

Liz was stunned, “Philip is your father?”

Sean nodded, “Yes, my mother… had a relationship with him, but she died giving birth to me and so Philip raised me.”

Liz couldn’t help but let out a sarcastic comment, “And how did he take care of you, huh? By making a killer of you?”

She didn’t see it coming, but when Sean’s hand connected with her cheek, she definitely felt it.

“Don’t talk to me like that, bitch,” he sneered. “Philip was the best father I could wish for; too bad Max didn’t appreciate him at all,”

Liz remained silent this time, holding her burning cheek. His slap would definitely leave a bruise, but she had a feeling she had more to come.

“Sine my father had a reputation to keep, he… couldn’t declare that he had a son from a woman other than his wife,” Sean explained.

“But he definitely was proud of me,” he grinned. “I bet I was a better son than Max. I was working with our father, while Max... Max only created problems for him.”

“What does this have to do with me?” Liz asked again.

Sean’s eyes became darker, “You’re the reason for... everything. It’s because of you and your relationship, that Philip started to have problems with his children, especially with Max,” he said. “It hurt him, you know. And he made mistakes because of it, he let his shield down for a little bit, giving FBI enough time and space to find and destroy him... only Isabel got to him first,” he mumbled.

“But I can’t be mad at her, she is my half-sister after all,” he grinned.

Yes, Liz thought, definitely a psycho.

“So, that left only you,” Sean said. “Because someone has to pay.” He sighed, “I even started dating you, gaining your trust. I had hoped I would be able to fuck you a time or two, just to get back at Max,” he grinned. “But...we will have time for that, won’t we?”

Sean got out of the car and walked to the other side, but Liz quickly opened the door and ran. She had taken only a few steps before Sean’s hands wrapped around her and held her tightly; so tightly that Liz thought he would crush her lungs.

“Don’t even think about running away,” he whispered into her ear and suddenly Liz felt a blade against her throat. “Believe me, you don’t want to run. You have to be good for me,” he declared and moved the blade up and down her throat and Liz started whimpering. “If you are good... I will kill you fast and you won’t feel any pain,” he said and, grabbing her arm, he dragged her to the cabin.

~ ~ ~

“SHE IS WHERE?” Michael yelled in rage and pushed Max against the wall. “It’s your fault, you freak,” he yelled and Max was glad he had convinced Maria to take Chris to her apartment, his son definitely didn’t need to see or hear this.

“I’ll bring her back,” Max promised, but Michael didn’t let him go.

“Apart from Chris, all you and your family have ever given us, is pain and despair. Congratulations, Max, now you have crushed her life completely,” Michael said, punching the him in the face.

When he finally let go, Max collapsed onto the floor. He didn’t fight against Michael, knowing that he deserved it. It was all his fault.

“I swear,” Michael whispered hotly. “If he so much as touches her hair, I’ll fucking kill you.”

The door suddenly opened and Diane appeared, along with some men. She took in the sight of her son against the wall, his face bleeding, but she didn’t comment.

Instead she said, “Gentlemen, we have a lead.”

You know what? I have been writing fanfiction for like....a year and a half, but it always amazes me, when some reader guess correctly. :shock:
For example:
guelbebek wrote:but what is it about him? another son of phillip with a mistress?

You were right! :shock:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks! Enjoy the next part! :wink:

Part 69

“Someone called the police,” Diane explained. “Saying that Liz Parker has been kidnapped.”

Max stood up, quickly wiping blood from his face.

“Who?” he asked. “It doesn’t matter actually, where is she?” he asked instead.

Diane sighed, “Unfortunately, we didn’t know who called, the person didn’t give their name, but... the good news is that we traced the call,” she said. “We know where the person was when the phone call was made.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Michael said impatiently. “We can have a chat later, now we have to save my sister from that freak.”

“We have to confirm...” Diane objected, but this time both Michael and Max interrupted her.

“We don’t care about that, with or without you, we are going,” Max said determined.

Hesitantly Diane nodded. “Fine, let’s go,” she said.

Some time later, when they had been driving for an hour, Diane said, “It could mean nothing, you know. Don’t let yourself hope too much,” she advised Max and Michael.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Michael asked.

In front and behind of them, were driving another two cars, full with the agents.

“First of all, it could have been Sean himself who called and, knowing that we could trace the call, it is possible that he gave us the wrong directions. Perhaps he and Liz were there… two hours ago, but they could be far away from that place now,” she said.

“And,” she continued. “Even if the caller wasn’t Sean, the same problem may apply. When we get there, it won’t necessarily mean Liz and Sean will be there. Perhaps we are driving to nothing… or even a trap.”

“But this is everything we have,” Max said quietly as they continued to drive into the unknown. “That’s all we have,” he repeated, wishing they could go faster.

Liz was in danger and he wasn’t there to protect her. Again.

~ ~ ~

Liz was pushed down to the hard and cold wooden floor. She looked up, only to see Sean’s grin.

“Well, well… what are we going to do now, huh?” he smirked while looking down at her.

Liz’s control snapped and she let out her frustration, “So, you’re just going to kill me? Even though I have never done anything bad to you?”

“That’s the idea,” he chuckled.

“And then what? You think Max won’t try to find me? And believe me, he is going to find out that you’re behind everything,” she said.

“I’m counting on it,” Sean smirked. “Don’t you think I have thought about this? Don’t worry, you two are going to be together again. In hell.”

Huh?

“Max doesn’t deserve to live,” he said then. “He was nothing but a bad son, who didn’t appreciate his own father. But...that shouldn’t worry you, you will be dead by then.”

Liz swallowed as he pulled her up, only to drag her body to a small chair in the middle of the small room.

The cabin was very small and bare; there was only a single wooden table and a chair in it. To her left, Liz saw a door, most probably leading to another room. It was already dark, but the moonlight illuminated the small room.

Liz thought about screaming for help, but since they were deep in the woods, she didn’t expect anyone to hear her. Most probably it would just irritate Sean. And so she was silent.

He made her sit on the chair and took some rope that was lying in the corner of the room. He tied her tightly to the chair and when he backed away, Liz could barely feel her hands.

“The ropes are too tight,” she said quietly, the circulation in her hands disappearing.

Sean rolled his eyes, “Like I care.”

He moved to the door, leading to the other room. “Stay here,” he said and then chuckled. “Although you don’t have any other option, do you?” he laughed as he went into the other room, leaving Liz behind him.

Liz’s heart was racing. She didn’t want to die like this, definitely not in the woods, killed by some psycho.

Her tears rolled down her cheeks as she thought about her son, her parents, her friends... and Max. Now she scolded herself for not giving him another chance. If she had been with Max, she wouldn’t have started dating Sean and… she wouldn’t be here now. Scared and alone.

And Sean was going to kill him next and ... Max had no idea. She most probably would never see him or her family again and that thought only made her heart ache.

Liz’s eyes were fixed on the door in front of her; the door that led to the outside and away from Sean. But her arms and ankles were tied too tightly and there was no way she could escape.

She stared at the door so hard, that she started to hallucinate and saw the door open slightly. Liz blinked a couple of times, but the door was still opening.

She suppressed her gasp of surprise, when the door opened completely and Jeremy slowly, but quietly came in, holding a finger to his lips, indicating that she should be quiet. Liz didn’t know how he had found her or why he was here… but apparently he had been following them. At least that was what Liz hoped for and that he wasn’t another psycho.

Liz nodded frantically and in three quiet steps he was by her side, loosening the ropes. They both froze as they heard the door to her left open and Sean walked in. She held her breath and briefly glanced behind her , only seeing that Jeremy wasn’t there and since the room was pretty bare, he was hiding in the shadows.

The knots were untied and Liz could escape... but not with Sean in the same room, he would catch her in a second. If only she had something to hit him with, but there wasn’t anything in the room.

“Are you ready to die?” Sean asked wickedly, producing a knife and a gun. “You have two choices,” he said. “If you’re good, I will shoot you and you will die quickly. If you are bad....” he paused. “I will take this knife and cut you... piece by piece, letting you enjoy every painful second.”

Liz’s eyes shone with unshed tears as she stared at the objects in his hands. What was she going to do now?