Casanova's Curse AU - M/L (MATURE) [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Casanova's Curse AU - M/L (MATURE) [COMPLETE]

Post by Amber Eyes »

A wonderful banner by Dreamertilltheend. Thanks girl!

Another breath-taking banner by JustThisOnce, who couldn't resist the challenge.

Author: Christmas Nazi (aka Amber Eyes, Suzanne)
Title: Casanova's Curse (aka Kiss of Death)
Catagory: Max & Liz (AU)
Rating: MATURE (maybe higher, I'll let you know.)
Sypnosis: Set in modern day time with an ancient twist. Liz and her school year attend their prom; when Liz and her friends decide to head away to some shops for a break, Liz meets the handsome Maxwell Evans. Max hides a secret that is potentially deadly - for Liz and for himself along with his two brothers. And it all starts off with a deadly kiss. Liz lets Max give her a seemingly harmless kiss, but soon falls under the ancient spell that has trapped Max and his brothers for so long. Her time limit is one month - one month to break the curse before the next full moon.....if not, then all their fates are sealed. Will she unravel the mystery and see the truth and free them all?
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, or any of the characters, those belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, UPN etc. All I own is this story, which stems from my imagination and dreamworld.
Authors note: This story is based on another one of those wacky dreams that I seem to get of late. Plus, it's going to also be based loosely on the concept of beauty and the beast, but not. I'm adding my own twists. More fun that way!! ;) And also the story of Casanova. Me and my mates were discussing that not long ago, and I thought it'd fit in nicely with tehs tory.

Please give me some feedback on my progress! I need to know whether its worth continuing.

Prologue

She lay there, as still as death. Her ruby red lips now pale and white as her skin. NO warmth shall ever touch her body, only the coldness shall remain her companion.

She had failed.

She wasn't the only one. So many before her had too.

So had he.

He looked down at her lying motionless on the floor. Guilt and anger coursed through him. Guilty because he had once again taken an innocent life, and angry because she hadn't fallen for him in her heart, hadn't been able to break the ancient curse to set them all free.

Time was running out, and the start of this month was to be his last chance. His body and features shifted back into the handsome young man he once was - jet back hair adorned his head neatly, amber eyes so clear and sharper it would rival the sun. Strong chiselled features defined his face and body.

He and his two brothers - Kyle and Michael Evans - had in the past used their good looks and charm to lure women to their beds, as good looking as they were, they were Casanovas. Heartbreakers to all women to fell at their feet.

Maxwell Evans, the youngest of the 3 brothers had gone and inadvertently broken the heart of Serena Matthews, little did he know that she was in fact a witch. For revenge, she casted an ancient curse over the 3 Casanovas, changing them from handsome young men to ugly disfigured creatures.

At the beginning of every month, they would change back into their old selves for one night and lure one women they would use to break the spell. A kiss would bind her to the curse, if she broke the spell, they would all be set free, if not, then the cycle would begin all over again until the third year of the new millennium - 2003 - three because there were three of them. Each brother had a year and a chance - Kyle occupied 2001 - Michael 2002 - and finally 2003 for Maxwell. He would be their last hope if the previous two failed. And they had. They had been reckless in their choosings, now they were running out of time.

He watched her body shimmer then disappear into thin air.

He sighed and went to put on some clothes over his flawless naked human body. His brothers had failed, now he was their last hope, but he was failing fast.

Walking down the long staircase, it never ceased to amaze him of what he once knew and loved had changed so dramatically. Their once luxurious mansion had now magically transformed into a huge gothic castle. The exterior was dark and gloomy. Foreboding. Skeletal trees surrounded the place warning off trespassers. No sun ever shone here, only dark angry clouds filled the heavens above. The interior was just as gloomy as the exterior, except for the ornaments and candles that scattered around the castle. Ghostly pictures hung on the walls, broken mirrors cracked where they hung creating a spider eyed reflection if one was to look at it. The hallways echoed a void of ghostly silence.

Max reached the last step and saw his brothers waiting for him at the main door.

"I take it she failed."

Max sighed sadly at his brothers.

"Maxwell, this is out last chance to fix this or we're all doomed to forever living this retched curse." Kyle said.

"I know. Don't you think I know that?! If I don't find the right girl to break this damn spell by our cursed anniversary next month, we'll all be living with our regrets for all eternity." Max glared at his brothers. "If only you two had tried harder during your years of--"

"yeah, yeah, we know, but we failed, and now it's up to you. Come on, times a wasting, we don't have all night." Michael put in.

Together the 3 of them left for the city.

A place of joy.

A place of life.

A place where one girl could set them free.

TBC????? if not, I'll focus on the others.

You know what? so far wiht all the different types of stories I've written, I've found that my skill seems to be writing mystery romance stories...cool huh?! lol. I'll just stick with that.
Last edited by Amber Eyes on Wed May 19, 2004 1:55 pm, edited 24 times in total.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

OMG! see this is why I should post stuff when I'm tired. I ended up accidently posting this chapter in the latino lovers thread instead, stupid me! So I had to find it and delte the psot, then comoe back to this one. I'm surprised I didn't mess the the FAT&P one, since I'm posting that tonight too. *sighs*

Anyway, hope you like this!

Part 1

18 year old Elizabeth Parker made a final look into the 10ft gold rimmed wall mirror. Hey, who knew they made mirrors this big? but if one where rich, then I guess anything is possible.

She smoothed out her ball gown and gently swayed from side to side, watching the material swish with every movement. The top part was sleeveless black velvet, coming slightly off the shoulders, and from the waist downwards, was a double layer of flowing material. the top layer was a slightly dark gauzy fabric, and the second layer beneath it was red silk material. Combined together, it created a unique shimmering colour effect with each movement.

Liz couldn't believe she was really here, standing in a dress that had costed her a months wage. But it was worth it, because tonight, it was her prom night.

Tucking a stand of stray hair (which had been clipped back from the sides with a small barrette adorned with small red roses) behind he ear, she smiled and turned to face her friends.

"I can't believe Pam Troy convinced the school and her father to hold the prom at their house."

"House? Liz, this place is practically a friggin palace!" Maria DeLuca, Liz's best friend corrected. "I mean like, come on, look at this place, there's golden pillars supporting the ceiling which is probably a mile high. And have you seen the furniture and entertainment system?" Maria gave a long whistle.

"Ok Maria, I get the picture. So this is as posh as a palace. You know, I couldn't just live in a place like this, it's so...I dunnno, it seems impersonal, lonely. You can give me the coziness of a medium modern house any day."

They laughed.

"Ok, true Pam Troy is a rich bitch, but for tonight, it had come in handy for the prom."

Isabel Sherrington flung her arms on her two friends shoulders and looked from one to the other.

"Hey guys, what's so funny?"

"The joys of being rich bitch Troy." Maria supplied.

"You know Maria, one of these days when you least expect it, you'll make one of your Pam Troy comments and she'll be standing right behind you." The way Isabel said it made Maria look quickly over her shoulder. "Gotcha!"

"Not funny Izzy!" Maria said smacking her arm.

"Hey, listen, I'm getting sick of drinking beer all night, and they've run out of champagne....how can they possibly run out of champagne?! it seems ridiculous! Anyway, you guys wanna come to the store with me?"

"Sure." Why not." Liz and Maria said at the same time.

The three girls made their way through the crowd and out the huge double french doors.

Walking down the deserted street, the three friends linked each others arms as they walked. Liz looked up at the clear starry night sky, a strange feeling passed through her; a sense that something was soon to happen, yet she couldn't put her finger on it.

She shivered.

"You cold?" Isabel asked.

"No, I just have...the strangest feeling that's all."

"What feeling?"

"I dunno. It's probably just the excitement energy from the prom. It's not important."

They turned around the next block and was met with a town square-like area.

"Uh, guys? did we just take a wrong turn, cos this place doesn't seem familiar."

"No, no, this should be the place. There's a 24/7 here...uh...somewhere...." Isabel slurred slightly.

"Oh no, Izzy, are you drunk?"

Isabel sobered up. "No, I. Am. Not. Drunk." She enunciated each word. It would have been believable if she hadn't started to laugh hysterically. The alcohol was taking its effect, making her giddy and merry.

"Great! she's pissed and wants more champagne. Ugh! Maria, lets backtrack to the prom."

Before Maria could reply, Isabel butted in. "No! I came here for a bottle of champagne and I'm not leaving till I get it!"

Liz and Maria looked around the place. No seven eleven in sight, but there was a small liquor store that was still open. It was then that Liz noticed there weren't alone.

Two men, about three stores down, leaned against the wall and lit a cigarette each. And a third man sat on a bench in the shadows to her left. All three were dressed in tuxedos. Maybe they were from the prom too, but she didn't really recognise them, they seemed a few years older, perhaps college students?

"Hey Liz, I'll keep Izzy here from falling flat on her face, while you go to that store for the champagne, if we don't get it now, Izz'll be screaming bloody murder all over the place."

Liz looked back at the three figures.

"Uh, Maria, why don't we all go? I don't feel comfortable with those three over there. I have the weirdest feeling about them...."

"Liz, it'll be quicker if you go and get it and come back. Izzy'll just delay us."

"hey, I heard that!" Isabel admonished in a drunken slur. Yup, the alcohol was really taking an effect on her. How much did she drink back there anyway?

Liz huffed and held her chin up. "Fine. I'll be right back." Liz made her way across the dimly lit square towards the store, all the while being very aware of the three men watching her.

2 minutes later, she stepped out the store with her purchase. The two men with the cigarettes were now standing on either side of the doorway.

"Hey there gorgeous, whatcha got for us?" the other one with slightly long hair asked, a devlish grin on his face.

Liz ignored them and continued to walk back to her friends.

"Hey! Come on, what's your hurry?" they chased after her and pulled her to a stop.

"Please, let go of me." Liz pleaded, tugging her arm away from his grip.

Max sat there on the bench watching her. God she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen, and she was different to all the girls he'd been with. Usually, he'd go for someone more like her two friends....ok, maybe not the one who's puking up right now, she looked a frightful mess!

His gaze drifted back to the brunette. She seemed the intelligent type and cared a lot for her friends. He knew she felt uncomfortable with him and his brothers watching her as she walked into the store, yet she did it anyway, rather than drag her very wasted friend back to whatever formal event they came from. Beauty, brains and a compassionate nature. Strangely enough, it attracted him. he rally didn't want any harm to come to her, but maybe she'll be the one to set them free. She could be their only hope.

He watched as Michael and Kyle started to hassle her, he saw the fear in her eyes, her desperate pleads to let her get back to her friends. A strong protectiveness came over him. He got up and intervened.

"Hey, fellas, leave her alone."

Liz looked in the direction of the voice, her eyes went wide and her breath caught in her throat. A tall dark-haired young man, maybe no more than 21, walked towards them. He exuberated a strong aura around him, but there was an air of mysteriousness to him. Secrets. Secrets that would soon be shared with her. Liz shivered at the eerie knowledge that came in the form of a 6th sense. In front of her now, the moonlight highlighted his strong features. A strong chiselled jaw and high cheekbones that was made for a god, his hair was short and neatly combed to one side, but the one thing that caught her attention the most was his eyes. Eyes that sparkled an energy of amber gold in the moonlight. Eyes that held her own from turning away. Eyes that seemed to pull her in to its secret sparkling depths.

Michael and Kyle backed off and turned to walk back towards the store.

Max gave Liz a sheepish grin and scratched behind his ear. He noticed Liz was still staring at him. He could feel it, it was happening, she was drawn to him, to the spell, only the inevitable yet to happen would fully bind her to him. The weird thing was, he was equally as drawn to her as she was him. Funny, that never happen before. Usually he'd just pick someone he like the look of, there was never any feeling or connection returned when he picked them. That was to be achieved over time. This was definitely something new to him.

"Um, don't mind them. My brothers can be pricks sometimes. Hope they didn't cause you too much offense."

Liz heard his voice as a low husky murmur. She tried to clear her head, but it was getting foggier by the minute. There was something about this man, it sent her heart on a marathon, her blood in a boil, it was more than a attraction to him, it was something beyond words of what she felt for him, yet she had only met him for two minutes.

"Um, n....no, it's fine. Thanks for um....stepping in."

"It's not a problem. What's you name?" he asked as they began to walk back to Liz's friends.

"Liz. Liz Parker."

"Hi Liz. " Max loved the way her name just rolled off his tongue in such simple simplicity. "I'm Max. Max Evans."

"Nice to meet you Max." she said shyly. "So, um, are you taking a break from the prom too?"

Prom? Riiight, that was probably why she and her friends were in the formal getup, and him being in the dinner tux, (he'd usually take his 'date' out to dinner, then setting out to seduce her into that fatal kiss of his.) it was obvious that she thought he was from her 'prom.'

"Uh, yeah. It just gets too much after a while."

The came to a stop.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, but I'd better get back to my friends." Liz looked behind her to find that Maria had dragged Isabel further away from them, yelling at her for puking on her $200 dress. She placed Isabel over a drain hole in the ground so she could puked down that rather than on her again.

Liz turned back to face Max and sighed. "Well, Maria did offer to watch Izzy." She gave him a small smile.

Max felt his heart do a little flip at her smile, then squeeze tight as to what he was about to do. God, he hated this.

He tucked a wisp of her hair behind her ear, his fingers grazing her soft cheek. She was staring up at him, her eyes wide and innocent. God he hated this! But it had to be done. He had no choice. His heart squeeze that bit more tighter.

"In case I don't see you again in the prom, would you mind if I gave you a good night kiss?"

He saw her eyes widen in surprise and uncertainty. He got the hint that she didn't usually go around kissing complete strangers. He should have expected that from her.

"Don't worry, I don't bite. Just one harmless kiss."

They were already unconsciously drawing closer and closer together, being pulled by the force of their attraction for each other, an attraction that was purely them and nothing else.

Liz tilted her head up. It was an inch from Max's mouth and he bend his head down. Her breath came out in a whisper.

"Ok, just one...." His mouth slowly met hers, in an act rather than words to finish her sentence.

His hands were on her back. One slowly moved up to the back of her neck while the other remained on the small of her back. The kiss was slow and seductive, but tender at the same time. It felt so right to be in each others arms, mouth to mouth, body to body. It felt like two souls had finally found each other and had reached home.

Max slowly pulled away, breathless. He could see her flushed cheeks and red swollen lips.

"I'm so sorry." he whispered. There was no turning back now. It was done.

Liz was confused at first. Was he sorry to have kissed her? she couldn't have been that bad a kisser could she? but the look in his eyes seemed to convey that he was sorry about something else.

"S..sorry?"

He didn't answer her, he just merely caressed both her cheeks in his hands, a sorrow in his eyes.

Liz's vision began to blur, she squeezed her eyes shut then opened them again hoping to clear her vision. It didn't work. He head felt light-headed and dizzy. Something was definitely wrong with her.

"M..Max, I don't feel so good...." she said, her head lowered.

Max caught her limp form as she slumped against him unconscious. "I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." he whispered in anguish. He looked up to where her friends were. They were frozen in time. One of the neat tricks that came with the binding of the spell. he supposed it allowed them the time to get away without being noticed. They would revert back to normal once they had made their exit safely. He lifted her up, one arm supporting her back, while the other at the hollow of her knees. He looked at her, the moon reflecting her sleeping face creating a hue of innocence. His heart felt heavy. He looked up at the moon and prayed that she would not fail. He couldn't bear if anything happened to her, and he would have an eternity of guilt and sorrow to live with. For all their sakes, he prayed that he had made the right choice in her, and not doomed them all.

"Way to go Max! for a minute there, it looked as if you might actually have feelings for this girl when you smooched her." Kyle patted him on his back.

Max looked back down at her. Something inside him sparked to life.

"Time to go." was all he said.

TBC!! Ok, that's it time for bed before I do something really stupid to humilate myself even more!! Feedback please!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that it's my cousin's wedding this weekend, so i'll be busy for the next few days, which means, no time to write! BUT I will give you the first part to this chapter. I haven't finished the rest of it yet, but this bit won't leave you confused or anything. The 2nd part to this chapter deals with Liz, while the first part with Max as you will see. :)

extingman: I dunno if I'm going to write Maria and Isabel into the story again, maybe...... the story is still pretty new and int eh early stages, so no major plotlines have been thought through, but it will come to me. My stories always turn into a life of their own with the more I write.

m14 Welcome!! The ideas for my storys normally come from an idea in my dreams when I sleep at night. One little idea can expand to loads of possibilities! I'm in the process of writing Liz's part, so you'll have to see next time what goes on. ;)

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone else who posted with feedback :)

Ok, on with the first part.

Part 2a

Max placed Liz on the queen sized bed. Sitting on the edge of the bed, he caressed her sleeping face as he gazed down at her. Why was it that he felt so drawn to her? a feeling of a connection so strong that it stole his breath away. Could she truly be the one? He had to have faith. had to keep hoping. It was all he had left to believe in. If he didn't grasp onto that minute bit of hope, he would be lost forever. But that hope he had was slipping slowly away; he and his brothers had failed for so long, it was so easy to lose hope. But hope was all he had to stay strong. He knew what Liz's reaction would be once she woke up and saw him. Revulsion, fear, disgust, hatred. Hatred for him for dragging her into his mess. He'd seen it all before, it was nothing new to him; he had hoped that all those other girls would see past the physical outside and see the real him on the inside, but it never happened. And they all paid the price for it. The girls with their life, and him and his brothers with depleting time towards the deadline.

Max looked closely at the sleeping girl. So young and so innocent. Would she have the strength and power to break the curse? it was a question that bore no answer for the time being.

The night was almost over, and the new dawn was soon approaching; though the weather was a constant murky grey of gloom, he could sense the time.

Time.

His enemy.

An invisible enemy forever working against him. He would be changing back soon. He could feel it in his blood. But for now, he'll enjoy being normal and in the company of the young brunette girl. Liz. For a moment to feel normal, to be a part of the world, a part of the living.
And so he continued to sit watching her sleep until the very last moment before the sun would break across the rest of the world for a new day.

Unknowing why, but feeling the pull of the connection to her, he bent forward and placed a soft gentle kiss on her lips.

Taking one last lingering look, he got up and walked to the door. Opening the door, he took one last glance at her. After tonight, everything will be different. A new day for the world, but a new life for Liz. A life she never asked to be a part of.

Max closed the door with a soft click.

TBC int eh next part...... ooh, how was that? :?:
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi everyone,

Yes, its me, I'm back!! :wink: Just so you know, I've started uni, so updates won't be that frequent anymore unlike during the summer, but I will still work on them when I can. :)

Like I said in my earlier authours note, this part is broken up into several parts since its quite long.

Enjoy, and plese leave some feedback!! even if its not a lot I'll love to read your comments and thoughts :)

Part 2b

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later

She started to stir from her peaceful slumber; turning over to her side, she stretched languidly like a lazy feline and snuggled deeper into the soft pillows. Her eyes still closed, wanting to drift back into her peaceful slumber. Slowly, she opened her eyes and waited for her level of consciousness to become clearer and clearer.

Liz pushed the covers off her face and let her gaze travel to the ceiling, then around her surroundings. Liz bolted upright suddenly.

'This is not my room. Where the hell am I?' Trying not to panic, Liz got out of bed and noticed she was still wearing her prom dress. It all came back to her - she, Maria and Isabel going to buy Isabel's damn champagne so she wouldn't make a fuss. Getting harassed by those two guys, meeting Max and letting him kiss her, then.....nothing. She couldn't remember a thing after that. Had Max's kiss been that mind-blowing that she'd passed out? But where was she now? A hotel? maybe her friends had taken her to a hotel since she'd passed out, and Izzy was drunk. Izzy's parents would be furious with her for getting so trashed. But why not just stay at her house while Izzy waited out the hangover? after all, they all had regular sleep-overs in her upstairs apartment, it was nothing new to their parents.

'Ok Liz, you're obviously not going to find any answers by standing here all day. Maybe the girls are staying in another room.'

Liz walked to the door and looked back at the room she'd been staying in. Whoever had decorated the place had eccentric taste. It was a cross between modern style mixed with old gothic style. Old antique furniture mixed with modern wood furniture, eerie painting of people she didn't know hung on the wall, a few candles were perched on tall standing pewter candleholders in the corners of the room and a few sat on the table tops. There was a fireplace, but also a central heating system on the side wall. A TV sat in the corner, but didn't seem to be connected or used in a long time. She also noticed a small black stereo system. Another door adjoined the room, she assumed to be the bathroom. She'll check it out later, first she needed to find her friends.

Liz walked down the wide arched hallways, that was lined with mirrors, more paintings, candles on holders and most disturbingly of all, the gargoyle statues that overlooked above her. She felt very small and timid compared to the large structure of the place.

Stopping at one of the doors, she knocked, the tried the knob and peeked in.

"Izzy? Maria? You guys here?"

No answer. The room was empty.

Liz continued on her way.

After a while, it became apparent to Liz that she was alone in this strange place. Just how did she get here? Liz still didn't have any answers.

Liz spotted a staircase at the end, and decided to venture downstairs to explore. Maybe someone was downstairs, hopefully that person could give her some answers, if not, then she would leave and find her own way back home.

Once down the stairs, Liz was greeted by a large circular foyer area and hallways and entrances leading to other parts of the building. Not knowing which way to go first, she called out first, in the hope that someone will appear.

"Hello? is anyone here?" She turned around and looked in all directions. No one came. 'What the hell is this place?' she thought, rubbing her arms and suppressing a shiver.

Still not knowing which direction to go, Liz closed her eyes and stuck her arm out in front of her, then spun around quickly in a circle. When she stopped and opened her eyes, her direction had been randomly chosen for her.

Checking in each of the rooms proved to be empty and alone, but Liz wasn't dissuaded and continued her search. Someone had brought her here, and she'd like to know who and why. And just where the hell were her friends?

Just then, Liz heard a low murmur of voices coming from one of the rooms just ahead of her. Walking towards the door, she gave a knock, but no one came to the door. Trying the door knob, she turned and entered cautiously.

"Hello? I was wondering if......."

Her words died in her throat as she stared at the three gruesome looking figures standing before her. Her eyes went as wide as saucers and her fear climbed to new heights. Liz had been scared before in her life - riding a triple loop roller coaster, going into the haunted house in the theme park, even everyday fears was nothing compared to how she felt now. what her eyes were showing her.

Scales mixed with fur covered their bodies under scraps of cloth that she supposed was clothing. Their arms and legs were deformed as though they'd been twisted or mangled. Their faces were disfigured and horribly scared, as though it had been maimed or perhaps burned in a fire, Liz couldn't quite tell.

They grunted and growled at her in an inhuman way. Dangerous. Primal instincts rolled off them crossing the room hitting Liz with even more terror.

'Oh god! I'm going to die! I'm going to die!' Liz backed up a step. 'God, what are these, these....thing? they make Quasimodo seem like Brad Pitt!' Liz cautiously backed up another step towards the door behind her.

"I'm sorry...I....I didn't mean to...to...interrupt you....."

They slowly advanced towards her.

Liz fear reached beyond braking point. Without being cautious anymore, she turned and bolted out the door slamming it behind her. She had no idea which direction the exit was, so she ran blindly in the direction to her left. She ran as fast as her legs would carry her, her terror fuelled by the adrenaline coursing through her body; her brain telling her to never stop, never let those hideous creatures get her, or it would be the end for her.

Liz ran. Swerved around corners trying not to trip over her long flowing gown; ran down more hallways that probably lead her deeper into the mansion instead. She didn't care, she had to stay away from those creatures that belonged in her scariest nightmares. She wouldn't stop. Not until the last breath was taken from her burning lungs. Liz continued to run. Looking ahead of her, she saw a huge towering set of double french doors.

Thre main door.

Hope ran in her heart.

Reaching the door, she tried to open it, but found that it was locked. The hope she felt drained from her like a bucket of ice cold water over her head.

She was trapped.

She looked around desperately. Ah! windows! Uh oh....no can do, they looked too high to reach, and she saw the faint outline on the otherside that looked to be iron bars.

Trapped in a prison with three monsters on the loose.

Liz heard the pounding of approaching doom in the distance.

'Never let them catch you! Never let them catch you!'

Liz was off running again. Running down another direction different to the way she came. Spotting a flight of stairs, she ran up them two at a time. It was a big place, maybe she could hide upstairs and plan another route of escape.

Liz ran down the eerie gargoyle hovering corridors who seem to gwark and screech at her, but it could have been her perception of things.

Opening another set of tall oak double french doors at the end of the hallway, she fled into the room. It looked to be the master suite. Looking around, Liz spotted a set of glass doors on the far side of the room. Doors that lead onto the balcony and the roofs below.

'No choice Parker. You have to take what you can get.'

Praying that the doors will be unlocked, she twisted the knob. The doors creaked and opened.

'Yes! there is a god!'

The rain pelted down the concrete ground and cascaded down the tiled roof slates in a trickling waterfall falling far below. The wind blew its breathy air, not forcefully, but with enough chill to numb the flesh and seep into bones.

Liz stood on the balcony completely drenched. Walking around the balcony, she looked for a suitable escape route. There were no ladders or stairs or anything that lead to the ground safely. All there was, was more gargoyle statues leering at her expense. At her failure to escape this god forsaken place.

'No. I'd rather die before I let them catch me.' Liz thought with determination.

Liz walked over to the edge of the balcony and looked over the side. Wow! long way down, and one that wouldn't end well for an escape if she made the wrong move.

Suddenly the hairs on the back of her neck began to tingle. She wasn't alone. Liz slowly turned around and came face to face with one of the creatures. It was alone. Where were the other two? were there more of them?

It stood there looking at her. She looked right back at it. Both blinking and breathing hard. Thunder boomed high above mounting the tension even more.

The creature made a sound that kinda sounded like "Liz" but Liz couldn't be sure as it was lost to the thunder that chose that moment to roar its wrath above them. The rain poured harder. Liz could've sworn she saw its eyes soften at the sight of her, but that might have been the rain playing tricks on her blurry vision.

The creature hesitantly took a step forward onto the balcony and into the rain.

Liz's eyes went wide with fear, but this time, the fear wasn't as strong as before. It was as if they had met before, but that was impossible, this was some awful nightmare that had somehow become her reality.

Gripping the stone ledge, Liz hoisted herself up and swung one leg over the edge, albeit with some difficulty with the long heavy rain-soaked dress.

TBC!!! :shock:
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Part 2C

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Max had been talking to his brothers in one of the dining rooms, discussing how they were going to make this work with Liz and not doom them all to hell.

They had been surprised top see Liz standing in the room and whatever she had been saying as she entered died when she saw them, and her fear peaked. Max knew this would happen, but damn it! he hated seeing her fear him, after the small moment they'd shared the night before, before he.....kidnapped her and forced her into his messed up life. She didn't know that it was him right now. Just some monster that belonged in a scary movie or her worst nightmare. She'd probably never forgive him even if she did know who he really was. But right now, in this form, he was someone else on the outside. A whole different being.

He glanced at his brothers and they subtly nodded in agreement. 'Approach slowly and with caution' they didn't want to frighten her anymore than she already was. But their movement hadn't gone as they had planned. Liz had bolted.

They had gone after her, but later figured that it was stupid for all three of them to be chasing after her; they'd probably give the poor girl a heart-attack! Dying of terror was something they didn't need her to do right now. So Max had gone after her alone. He traced her scent to his room and saw her looking over the balcony, no doubt looking for an escape route. She didn't seem to hear him approach over the pouring rain, but must've sensed him since she turned around cautiously.

He didn't dare move, not with her being so close to the ledge, so he stood there staring at her. She had stared right back at him. He had called out her name, but he doubt that she heard him over the thunder and pounding rain.

To Max's horror, he was frozen in place watching her swing herself over the ledge. No! this wasn't how it was suppose to be! She couldn't die. If she did, then it would all be over. They'd all be lost forever.

He HAD to stop her.

Max took two steps and stood in the pelting rain. what the hell was he suppose to do? If he continued forward, he'd only frighten her into an early death; but if he didn't get her back over to the safety side of the balcony, then she'd still probably end up dead if she fell.

Decisions. Decisions.

He had to save.

Maybe he'd just have to knock her out or something when he got to her. Oh yeah, like that would go well when she woke up.

Max walked over to the ledge his arms outstretched in front of him.

"Please! Don't be foolish, you'll fall. I won't hurt you, just let me help you." Max's voice pleaded with her, his arms outstretched as an invitation to safety.

Liz saw him come closer, his arms outstretched, to....help her? to capture her?

The he spoke, his voice gruff, but definitely having a human quality to it. "Please! Don't be foolish, you'll fall. I won't hurt you, just let me help you."

Liz's eyes widened, she could hear her heart pound in her ears. She was numb with cold. What the hell was she gonna do now? Die falling or die in the hands of a beast? Ok, make that beasts. Plural. The other two were probably waiting for their chance to jump out and attack her.

Ripped to shreds.

Limb from limb.

Liz pushed the gruesome thoughts away. She'd rather die in one piece.

She let go of the support of the balustrade and eased herself down the slippery slates of the roof.

The harsh wind blew angrily at her, whipping her dress into a billow around her. Liz flattened down the dress and continued her dangerous decent. There had to be something that lead safely.....or as safe as possible to the ground.

Liz searched around frantically.

Her eyes caught something.....Yes! a drain pipe, but it was on the next adjoining building. And it look nearly impossible to get over there.

She looked back up the way she came, and saw the beast climb over the ledge.

Oh no! Nonononono......

Now she had no choice.

Liz gingerly stood up, but slightly bent at the waist to keep her balance. She placed her arms in front of her for balance as she walked across the roof.

Ice cold rain water lashed and sluiced over and around her feet.

Suddenly, something caught and Liz momentarily lost her balance, she pulled her foot and something snapped. Her shoe strap. Ignoring her lost shoe she continued her way. She'd have to be careful not to cut her exposed foot on the sharp tiles, that wouldn't help her dilemma.

Deep breath.

Ok Liz, you can do this. Just don't look down and you'll be fine.

Liz continued to crawl over. About halfway, a huge wind blew at her and lightning sizzled across the midnight coloured sky. thunder boomed like a cannon going off next to her, she screamed and jumped in fright.

The next thing she knew, Liz was falling down the roof top. Something painful tore down the side of her leg. She continued to roll then was flung over the edge.

The black abyss below called out to her, mimicked her screams. She felt airborne for a moment then felt something solid under her fingers. Liz opened her eyes. She'd somehow managed to caught onto a ledge at the lower part of the roof, but it was just barely; and her fingers were slipping due to the weight of her dangling body. Her remaining shoe slipped off her foot and she watched it tumble and swallowed up by the blackness below.

Don't look down! don't look down! don't look down!

"HELP!!" She screamed. ok stupid, who the hell was gonna save her from this nightmare? a nightmare she'll never wake from.

Feeling her fingers slipping off the ledge one by one, Liz closed her eyes and accepted her doomed fate.

Two fingers.

One finger.

Air.

She was beginning to fall again, but then something grabbed onto her wrist.

Her eyes flashed open only to come eye to eye with the vision of the beast.

She had come to an end. No choices were left for her. Only the inevitable.

She closed her eyes again and hoped it would be over soon. It would definitely help with the gut-wrenching pain in her leg. It would be nice not to feel period. To be away from the pain, the fear, the bone numbing cold, the rain, the mocking thunder and the heated electrified lightning that danced so near her. Yes, it would be so easy to surrender. She'd tried her best. Liz realized how tired she was. Yes, to surrender was so easy.

She felt herself being pulled up, then solid warmth wrapped protectively around her. She opened her tired eyes, only to be met with the gaze of the beast. The beast who now had her. But it held no malice, it looked to be.....concerned? worried? his expression seemed....tender.

Liz, you're hallucinating.

Her eyes felt heavy, her body like lead, her muscles ached from the cold and her ordeal. The darkness beckoned to her.

I'm probably gonna die of hypothermia or shock first, before I'm ripped to shreds. If I'm lucky that is.

Goodbye world.

Eternal release here I come.

TBC! :shock: feedback please! long short whatever! just reply! you too all you lurkers!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

I'd like to thank everyone for the feedback and the wonderful bumps! :D I'm glad that people are still supporting this story even though updates are kinda lagging.

Hope you enjoy the next part!

Part 3

Liz slowly stirred awake. She could feel a dull ache throb along her right leg. Rubbing her eyes to clear the sleepiness, she slowly sat up. She was in her room again and a blazing fire crackled and spit in the fireplace. She shivered and rubbed her arms; it was then she noticed she was wearing a cotton night-gown.

Huh. Where's my dress?

It was then she remembered her past 36 hours.

Oh fuck! I'm still stuck in this nightmare, and my escape attempt had failed. But wait.... why am I still alive? I was so sure I'd be dead by now.

Just then the door handle jiggled and the door started to open.

Liz froze, her breath locked in her throat. She stared wide eyed at the door.

Max opened the door and walked into Liz's room with a tray of food. He froze after one step when he saw her sitting up in bed staring at him in fear. He stared right back. God, she was beautiful.

After a minute or two, he ambled into the room and set the food on a nearby table. Slowly, he turned around to face Liz.

He made a gesture and a grunt towards the food.

No reaction from Liz.

Max sighed sadly. He knew how nightmarish he looked; hell even he scared himself sometimes, which is why he avoided looking into mirrors.

He took a step forward and cringed when Liz scooted back on the bed, then cried out in pain.

Pulling back the covers, Liz could see a white bandage wrapped around her right leg with a slight tinge of red in the middle. Gritting her teeth against the pain, she looked back up at the beast staring at her with a worried expression.

She looked down at the bandage then back up at the best, then tentatively touched her nighty.

A warm feeling came over her. She looked back up at the beast again.

"Did you bandage my leg?" she asked in a small unsure voice.

He nodded.

"Did you change my clothes?"

Again he nodded. And then, he spoke to her.

"The dress was wet. I didn't look when...when I changed you...."

He sounded gruff to her ears, but she could understand him. She blushed at his last statement.

The warm tingly feeling spread throughout Liz. She gave him a small smile.

"Thank you."

His expression was now one of shock. And then, it relaxed into a toothy smile.

"You're welcome."

Then there was silence between them except for the crackling fire and the rain on the windows.

"Um, you should eat something." Max walked over to the table to fetch the food.

Liz propped a fluffy pillow behind her and leaned back, careful not to move her injured leg too much.

She watched the beast carry the tray of food over and set it on the bed in the space beside her.

He stepped back unsure of what to do next.

"Uh, I'll just go now..." he hedged towards the door.

"No wait!"

He stopped at her sudden outburst and looked at her.

"I mean, Uh.... couldn't you stay with me? at least for a little while? um, I'll understand if you have better things to do." For some reason, she didn't feel like being alone, and she had no idea why she wanted his company. He still scared her half to death, but there was just something else about him.... something she couldn't explain; but it was all down to her inner feelings towards him.

"You want me to stay?" Max asked tentatively.

"Yes. Could you?"

"Of course."

Closing the door he left open when he came in, he walked over to the high-backed easy chair, and turned it at an angle so he was partly hidden from her view.

He knew he repulsed her. She didn't need to look at his ugliness while she was eating.

He could hear her daintily eating and relaxed into the chair. He stared into the blazing fire.

"What's your name?" she asked after a while.

Max had so desperately wanted to tell her that he was Max. The same Max she had met and kissed. But the damn spell wouldn't let him, nor will it ever let him tell her the truth of what had happened to him and his brothers. She had to figure it out for herself, it was the only way to break the curse. It had to come from her. Her choice of actions to take. Freewill. It would either free them all or doom them all.

"You can call me Beast, for that is all I am in your eyes. It is appropriate."

Liz felt slightly guilty fir the way she felt and acted around him, but she couldn't help it.

"My name is Elizabeth Parker. But my friends call me Liz for short." She hesitated. "You can call me Liz if you want, I prefer it anyway."

Max tried not to get his hopes up too soon, she was no friend of his at the moment, but allowing him to call her Liz as her friends had, was a start. It gave him some hope that whatever little relationship they had now could grow.

"Liz. It suits you."

Again silence engulfed them except for the crackling fire and the pounding rain outside. Liz's utensil making contact with the dish made tiny clinking sounds as she ate.

Max settled into the comfortable silence he hadn't felt in a while.

"Thank you, that was delicious." Liz said after a while.

"Would you like some more?" Max started to get up.

"No, that's fine. I'm kinda full now, thanks."

Max didn't want to leave the room, but there was no more reason to stay now that she'd finished her food.

"I'll clear the dishes."

"Couldn't you stay for a bit more longer?"

"Uh, sure." Max settled back into his seat.

"Um, could you sit so I can see you?" Liz asked tentatively.

"I'll scare you."

"I...I promise I won't run, um, not that I can anyway." she said looking at her leg. "I just want to see you"

Slowly, Max turned the chair slightly to the side so the firelight illuminated him. He heard Liz gasp and he cringed inwardly. Every time her fear of him showed, it was as if someone was stabbing him with a sharp knife.

"I'll turn back around--"

"No! It...it's ok."

She stared at him in silence.

He sat there and let her get used to his appearance.

"Why am I here?" Liz asked in a small vulnerable voice.

"It's a long story."

"So tell me about it."

"I cannot."

"Why?"

"Because it's a part of the story."

Eh?

"So tell me about the story." Liz repeated.

"I cannot."

"Is something stopping you?"

"Yes."

Silence.

"When can I go?"

"Not until you solve the story."

"But I don't know that it is, and you won't tell me."

"You will, in time." Time that was already running out.

My god is he cryptic with the words!

"And if I don't?"

He looked sadly at her.

"Then all will be lost."

Silence.

"How did I get here?"

"what do you remember?"

"Well, it was prom night, Izzy wanted the booze, so we went to the shop.... I met someone there who..." Liz shook her head. "I...I can't remember, its all fuzzy right now, like a blurry glass pane hiding the image on the other side. If only I can just remember....."

"It'll probably come to you."

"Maybe. Did you bring me here?"

A beat.

"No."

No. Max Evans had brought her here. Right now he was the Beast. Two totally different entities, when though in ways they were in fact the same.

"Oh."

"How many of you are there here?"

"Just three. Me and my two brothers."

That would explain the other two creatures.

The silence that followed was no longer comfortable, it was in awkwardness.

"You never wanted to hurt me did you? Otherwise you wouldn't have saved me from falling to my death; and you wouldn't have given me dry clothes to wear or bandaged my leg or given me food to eat."

"I could never hurt you Liz."

Silence.

"You should get some rest. I'll check on your bandage in the morning."

After the beast left, Liz eased herself down on the bed, and turned to look out the window. She watched the rain slide down the glass.

A mystery story to solve or all is lost .

Trying her memory again of how she came to be here, it came up blurry and murky as pond water.

Liz continued to stare out the window and listened to the rain lashing rain outside.

Soon she was fast asleep.

TBC! :D Well what do you think? I really liked writing this chapter, cos you can see thier relationship building.

I was wondering, would anyone be kind enough to make me a banner for this fic? This is my only fic without one :cry: it feels kinda lonley. Let me know if you are interested :)
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay, been kinda busy with RL. Anyway, I've decided to change the title of this fic to: Casanova's Curse. I had wanted that titled from the beginning but wsn't sure, and Kiss of Death was only a working title.

Ok, here's 2 brand spanking new chapters for you to enjoy!

Part 4

The next morning, Max came once more to bring Liz food and to change the bandage on her leg. Though the vision of him still scared her spitless, she was taken in by his gentleness when he cleaned her wound and applied a new bandage around her leg. He had also brought her a fresh change of clothes.

Max watched Liz pick up the dress and eyed it.

"Um, sorry, I know it's kinda old, but it was all I could fine on short notice." Max said sheepishly scratching behind his ear.

Liz held the dress in front of her and looked at it in wonder. It was the most exquisitely beautiful dress she'd ever seen. It looked to belong in a different era, another lifetime. The dress was white, floaty and long with a wisp of gauzy fabric on either side of the of the dress falling below the waist, a gold lining down on either side of the inner hem. The bodice part also had a gold patterned lining down the front making a V shape that connected to a gold lining horizontal at the waist. The sleeves were mid-length with a baggy end. It reminded Liz of the outfits from the Japanese anime she'd seen on TV.

Liz looked up at Max, who was now looking at the floor shuffling nervously from foot to foot.

"It's beautiful. Thank you."

He looked up surprised. "Y...you like it?"

Liz smiled. "Yes, I love it. Hey, who needs modern clothing when I can dress up as a fairy tale right?" Liz said with a laugh. "And besides, I doubt it'd be very comfortable wearing jeans over my injured leg."

Max loved hearing her laugh, it made his heart feel light and tingly, and seeing a smile grace her face rather than fear, made him happy and awed as he took iin her beauty.

"Um, I'd better get washed and changed."

"Ok, um, would you like a tour of the place afterwards?" Max asked uncertainly.

"Uh, sure, I guess. It beats staying in here all day."

Max extended a hand out in offer to help her over to the wash basin. He looked at her, praying that she would accept his hand, give him a little of her trust.

Liz looked t the beast then at his outstretched hand, unsure of whether to accept or not.

"I won't hurt you, I promise."

Liz flashed back to his gentleness when he was cleaning her wound; the tenderness of his touch, the slowness of his movements so as not to hurt her. She looked back up at his face, into his brown dim brown eyes that seemed to display so much emotions; emotions she felt in waves. He felt familiar somehow, but they'd never met before..... had they? No. It was impossible.

Slowly, Liz placed her smaller perfect hand into his much larger and deformed one.

After Liz called out that she'd finished changing, Max re-entered the room. The sight before him stopped him in his tracks. In the white and gold dress. her hair flowing down to her waist like a waterfall of chocolate, Liz looked like an angel, or a high priestess.

"Does it look ok?" Liz asked self-consciously.

"B...beautiful." Max managed to stammer out. God, stop gwarking already! Max cleared his throat. "Um, I thought this might make your getting around a bit easier." He pushed a wheelchair over to Liz.

"Where did you get a wheelchair from?"

"Um, I found it."

"Where?"

"The store room."

"Oh. Um, thanks."

Max helped Liz into the chair, then began their tour.

"And here we have our extensive library. If you like reading, I'm sure you'll find something to enjoy."

Liz's mouth formed a round O and her eyes wide with wonder as she gazed at the room. She felt like Alice in Wonderland; this place was so strange! maybe she did somehow fall down a rabbit hole. So far, she had noticed more about the place than when she had first arrived. She supposed one would when they weren't running for their life. The moderness continued to mingle with the ancient gothicness, which was very bizarre for the eye to behold.

To get downstairs, there had been a lift by the stairs that she'd never noticed before. Once on ground level, the beast had talked about the place, and she had simply gazed on with wonder.

And now in the library room full of books that extended to every corner of the massive room and up 3 levels, Liz's fascination with the place climbed to new heights.

"Oh my god! this is like a bookworms heaven!"

Max chuckled at her analogy. "You like to read?"

Liz turned to face him, her eyes twinkling. "I love read! I love books; books can take you anywhere your imagination can think of. Though right now, I feel as though I'm in a story myself. Literally." She added quietly.

"Feel free to use the library as much as you wish."

"Really?" Liz asked excitedly.

"Yes." Max loved the happiness on her face, he could look at her all day if he could and never tire of it. "Uh, shall we continue our tour? you can always return here later on."

"Ok."

The next room they entered was a living-room.

Liz sat there and gazed at the sight before her in fear and amusement.

Two beastly monsters, similar to that of the beast standing behind her, were sitting on the floor in front of the TV competing in a game of.....Mario Karts!

"Grr.... I can't believe you did that! I was right by the finish line! You're so evil for hitting me with that red shell."

"Hey, its one for all and all for one. I won fair and square."

"Humph-hmm." Max cleared his throat.

His brothers turned and quickly stood up, embarrassed.

"Guys, this is Liz Parker. I'm giving her a tour of the place."

"Hey Liz." "Hi Liz." They said is gruff unison.

"Uh, hi." Liz said cautiously.

Max cleared his throat again.

"Oh, uh, listen, we're sorry if we scared you the other day, we didn't mean to."

Liz slowly nodded her head, never taking her eyes off them.

"Liz?"

She turned to look at the beast, who now stood beside her.

"Meet my brothers. They're kind of maronic at times, but please excuse them."

"Hey!" They protested together.

"Hi, I'm Ky....Ky...." Kyle tried to finish his name but something stopped the words leaving his mouth. Kyle looked at Michael.

."I'm Mmmm......" Michael looked back at Kyle and shrugged. Guess the spell was still holding strong. They could say each others names in front of each other, just not in front of anyone else. Bummer.

"Hi Ky. And your name is Mmm?" Liz turned to Michael with a confused look.

"Uh, no, uh, just call me...." Michael thought for a moment. "Kal" he figured it could be short for Michael. "Would you like to join us?" Michael gestured to the game.

Liz looked at the beast then back at his brothers. Though it was starting to get a little easier being around one beast, being around 3 put her fear back to square one. But if she was to stay here for a while, then she might as well try to get used to them. Maybe she could learn something about her current situation, plus she was suppose to solve some mystery.

"Uh, sure, I guess."

"GREAT!" They all chorused together.

Liz jumped in surprise at their enthusiasm.

"Sorry, uh, it's always good when we have all 4 players." Kyle covered.

Max wheeled Liz in front of the TV, and settled down himself. He and his brothers shared a look and a grin. In truth, they were all glad that Liz had agreed. maybe she can see that it wasn't so bad staying here, and it was important she felt relaxed and comfortable.

Michael reset the game, and they all began to play.

Part 5

3 weeks had passed since Max had brought Liz to the mansion. 3 weeks they had tried to make Liz's stay as comfortable as possible. Hoping that once she was settled, she would be able to figure out how to break their curse. They were already past mid-month, and time was running desperately short.

They all felt the tension. Their hope was slipping away like sand through an hourglass.

One day, like all the previous evenings, Liz spent her time alone in the library. It was her favourite place in the entire house. Her leg was more or less healed, and she no longer needed the wheelchair - much to Liz's delight, as she could now climb the stairs to explore the other levels of the library.

Climbing up the carpet centred staircase, she wandered among the stacks browsing through all the different books.

Walking up to the third level, the science section caught her eye. She was about to walk over, when she felt a breeze blow behind her. She shivered and rubbed her arms. How odd. All the windows were closed; so where did the wind come from?

'It's an old house Liz, probably a draft from a crack or something. Stop being so paranoid.' But why shouldn't she? after all strange things have been happening for the past 3 weeks.

Liz was about to turn back around when she heard a thud. She quickly spun back around, her eyes searching the place.

"Hello?"

Silence.

"Beast? is that you? Kal? Ky? are you's in here? if this is some joke, its not funny!"

More silence.

Liz decided to investigate. They were probably hiding. She wandered among the stacks, but she appeared to be completely alone.

Liz was about to return to the main area, when she felt the cold breeze on her again. The air seemed to shift to something electric that tingled her skin. She felt the pull of energy on her. Liz wandered to the next isle.

There on the floor, lay a brown weathered leather bound book decorated with different coloured crystal stones.

The book beckoned to her.

Slowly, Liz walked over and picked it up. Examining the book, Liz found it was indeed very old. The leather was cracked and slightly torn. No author was displayed, only the gold imprinted title of "Casanova's Curse."

Sitting down on the floor, Liz turned to the first page and began to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Long ago, a baby boy was born. Born with beauty and grace all others like him would envy. But beauty is skin deep.

Time passes and the little baby grew. A tall, dark and handsome man be has blossomed to be. But arrogance was his undoing.

A weakness for women, so many he claimed. He believed he was the ultimate male specimen, a gift for women who were lucky enough to enjoy him at least once if not more. No need for love, no need for ties, he continued his conquests.

Women came, women went, for all but one. A woman, a sorceress, spurned by his love so deep she seeked revenge by placing a curse on him, a curse on him to never fall in love and find true happiness. The curse extended to his male line in future generations to come, if they followed in his footsteps, then they too shall suffer. And within every generation, the curse shall become stronger.

However, the sorceress wasn't a cruel woman by nature, she was simply hurt deeply by his arrogance and selfishness.

In the curse, she placed a leniency. If one girl, the right girl, who can see past the mask and into the true soul within and give her heart to him, the curse shall be undone.

However, a secret still lies within...

"LIZ?!"

Liz looked up from the book startled.

"Liz? You in here?"

It was the beast.

Quickly, Liz placed the book back on the shelf. for some reason, she didn't want anyone to know about the book just yet. She'd read it again tomorrow.

"I'm here." Liz quickly came down the stairs. "I was just browsing through the stacks."

"Find anything interesting?"

"You could say that."

Max waited, but Liz said no more.

"It's getting late."

"What time is it?"

"10 o'clock."

10 o'clock?! Last time she checked it had only been 8.30pm. Where did her time go? talk about time flying!

"I'll go up to bed now."

The beast walked her up to her room and bid her goodnight.

Liz couldn't sleep that night. Her mind kept going back to the book she found. It was so full of mystery, and she loved mysteries. She had to know the rest of the tale. What had happened to the arrogant man?

Slipping out of bed, she quietly exited her room and tiptoed downstairs.

Entering the library, she shut the door with a quiet click, then walked towards the different levels of the library. Halfway across the large room, the fireplace blazed to life. Liz stared at it blankly then gazed up at the third floor. A breeze blew past her like a whisper of breath.

Slowly, she climbed up the steps.

Taking the leather bound book, Liz came back down to the ground floor and curled up in a comfy chair before the warm fire.

Opening the next chapter of the book, she began to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A girl so beautiful, so virginal pure; he set his sights on her, but for once, his heart spoke for him, his love he felt for her. His charms were dazzling, yet she refused him. He sent her flowers and gifts showering her with his love, but she scorned at his love for her and laughed at his plight.

"Foolish man, why would I want you? what's so special about you? you've been with half if not all of the women in Italy! haven't you had enough?"

"Yes, I've had enough. I've finally found my soul-mate, someone whom I can love. I never thought it would be possible for me, it its true, I've fallen in love with you, from the very first moment I laid eyes on you."

"You don't deserve my love, or my respect for that matter. You are a heartbreaker, you destroy women's hearts for your own selfish pleasure and amusement."

"Please, I love you!" His desperate plea had fallen on death ears.

"How does it feel Casanova? to have the tables turned against you? To have love thrown back in your face?"

Casanova could see he had done wrong in his past, he could see his own selfishness and arrogance. Her words had stabbed him deep in his heart.

Casanova had married someone else, but he wasn't the same man as before. he had given his heart to one woman, and that woman alone shall keep it forever.

Rumour had circulated that he had died of a broken heart, some say of illness. No one knows.

Casanova took the truth with him to his grave.

TBC! Ooh, don't you just love a good mystery? I'm gonna try and make this story kinda gothic and fairytale-ish, you know, like those Snow White movies. One of then had kristin kreuk in it, and another one was titled Snow white: A tale of terror. It starred Monica keena (oh, and David conrad who played Agent peirce was also in it....with really baaaad hair! LMAO!!! :mrgreen:)
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi everyone,

Wow! So much feedback!! *grins like mad* and welcome to all the new readers!

So did you all have a good christmas and New year?

Ok, here's the next part. Just so you know, this story will come to an end soon. Only a few more chapters left. I have so much ideas for my 2004 storys. So I'd like to get these old ones done.

Cherie yeah, I know how changing titles can be off putting and confusing, but it was the original titled to this story, except when I started this fic, I hadn't developed the Casanova book curse etc. Sorry if I caused you some confusion.

Part 6

Liz felt a hand gently shaking her. She roused from sleep and blinked.

"Liz, why are you sleeping down here?"

"Huh?"

"Did you sneak down here to read again?" Max took the book from her hands. "You weren't kidding when you said you were a bookworm."

Wide awake now, Liz grasped the book back.

"Beast! I found this book, its about the story of Casanova--"

"Uh, Liz, it's a blank notebook."

"What?"

Looking down at the book, it had the same brown leather bound and jewelled cover, but the gold imprinted titled wasn't there. Flipping inside the book, the pages were blank.

"But... how can this be?" Liz continued to flip through the book.

"Where did you find the book?"

"Up on the third level." Liz replied absently.

"Um, Liz? there is no third level. We only have 2 floors, if you count this as ground and the next one up as one, then there's one more above that, but that's it."

Liz looked up at the stairs leading to the different levels. 'But how can this be? there was definitely a another level above the second.' But only 2 levels greeted her vision and no third.

"Oh."

"You must have been dreaming."

Liz stared blankly at the book. "Perhaps."

Max didn't know why Liz was sleeping with a blank book, and acting so strangely..... maybe she was starting to solve the mystery.

"I have something to show you, but first, you have to go wash and change."

Upstairs, Liz placed the book on the table. She stared at it, then traced her fingers over the cover. There was definitely something strange with the book. It hadn't been blank and she knew it.

"Liz, are you ready yet?"

Liz snapped out of her trance and looked behind her at the door.

"Uh, no. Just give me a minute."

"Ok, you can meet me downstairs."

Liz quickly washed and changed, then hurried down to meet the beast.

"what did you want to show me?"

"You'll see!"

Max lead Liz down a set of hallways and opened a door.

Liz gasped in wonder.

Before her, was a magnificent garden filled with lush green trees and bushes with flowers of every variety imaginable; its petals creating a rainbow of colours that cascaded the landscape. Butterflies danced and bees hummed. The sun shone on the dewdrops on the plants creating a sparkle to the place.

"Wow!" Liz started walking forward, mesmerised. All thought of the book forgotten as she walked deeper into the garden.

In the center of the garden was a bench under a willow tree; its delicate branches swaying in the gentle wind.

Sitting side by side, Liz closed her eyes and tilted her head up to the sun. It was the first time in 3 weeks since she' seen and felt the sun. She relished the warmth of its rays.

Opening her eyes, she looked at the beast who was gazing down at her. Slowly, her hand reached up to caress his face. He tried to turn his head away from her touch. Ashamed.

"Please don't." She said softly.

He didn't scare her anymore, non of them did. They had taken care of her and hadn't mistreated her. Life was good so far..... ok, a little on the strange side, but it wasn't bad. But still.... she missed her friends and family. She wondered how they were doing; she wanted to see them again, if only for a moment. But she couldn't leave; not until she solved the mystery the beast had set her. No matter how good her life felt currently, in truth she was still a prisoner. His prisoner.

"What's wrong?" Max asked when he saw her sad expression.

Clouds passed over the sun dimming the garden.

"I'm sorry I'm not doing a very good job of solving your mystery. I wish I could, I really do, and you've cared for me so well during my stay." Liz sighed sadly. "If I could solve your story, I could leave then, go home and see my friends and family, even for a moment. I miss them so much." A tear slipped down her cheek.

Thunder clouds began to roll in turning the sky a murky grey.

Max cupped her face and brushed the tear away. He gazed at her sad brown eyes. As much as it pained him to do what he did next, he just couldn't bare seeing her in pain. And it was unfair of them to keep her here, the week was nearly up, and there hadn't really been any progress in breaking the curse. Most of the hope they had was now nearly gone, only a tiny minuscule remained.

Max sighed and closed his eyes.

"You are free to go."

"W...what?" Liz asked startled.

Max opened his eyes and gazed into hers. "You are free to go; but only for 2 days. You can leave tomorrow morning, but you have to promise to come back the following day."

"Really? you're allowing me to go see my family? my friends?" Liz asked. Hope swelling in her heart.

"Yes. Would that make you happy?"

"YES! VERY!" Without a second thought, Liz threw her arms around Max and hugged him. "Thank you." She said sincerely.

Surprised, Max tentatively placed his arms around her waist to return her embrace. A smile spread across his face. "You're welcome. Just remember to come back."

"I will." She promised.

Max looked up at the sky. The sun was trying to push its way through the clouds, but the dark stormy clouds kept it at bay. Soon the first drops of rain began to fall.

"Come on. Lets hurry back inside before it pours on us." Max grabbed Liz's hand and pulled her towards the mansion entrance.

Later that evening when Liz was in her room and Max had pondered all day on how to break the news to his brothers, he finally plucked up the courage to tell them.

"WHAT!!! I can't believe you made such a huge and important decision without consulting us first!" Michael raged.

"Look, I know I should've asked you guys first, but I couldn't bear to see her in pain. It's unfair of us to keep her here for so long. And I told her to come back the following day."

"And she agreed?" Kyle asked.

"Yes."

Michael threw up is arms in frustration. "Max, are you really that naive? you let her go and she'll never return. You doomed us all Max. We had a shot at this, and now you've shortened it if not totally devoided us of our chance."

"I know she'll return! I trust her. And besides, she hasn't exactly made any progress on breaking this curse; we're probably already doomed anyway. We only have 7 days left."

"6 actually. Today is almost over." Kyle put in helpfully.

Max sighed and fell defeated into a chair.

"She'll return. I know she will, but even then it doesn't guarantee we'll get through this."

His brothers glared at him before plopping down miserably into nearby chairs.

The crackling fire filled their depressed silence.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Upstairs, Liz tossed and turned in bed. She thought she'd get an early night so she'd be up nice and early the next day.

No such luck.

She stared at the ceiling.

The beast was truly generous to let her go, even if it was for 2 days. Being here for 3 weeks, she'd somehow managed to grow fond of the place and the 3 beasts themselves. They didn't even seem so scary at all now. why had she been so scared at the beginning? It was only their appearance that had freaked her out so much. Now after getting to know them, she found that they were unique as any human. Ky was the funniest, constantly making her laugh and smile. Kal was slightly more brooding, but sometimes he acted like an older brother to her, he possessed a protective nature. And Beast, dear Beast, who cared so much for her he was allowling her to break their agreement, if only for 2 days.

Sitting up, her gaze landed on the table where her book sat. Getting out of bed, she went over to retrieve it and climbed back into bed.

Opening the book, Liz found it was full of words again. See, she hadn't been imagining it!

Opening to the next chapter, she began to read. It appeared to be about the effects of the actual curse.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A month in a year, the lunar calendar rules.
Before the new moon shall arise above the heavens, the curse shall be destroyed or darkness shall forever fall upon the unfortunate.

A girl so tender, shall seek the truth, but beware of hidden mirrors.
In a land of fairy tales where magick resides, illusions of good and evil shall come to surface.

The truth she seeks is the path she will take.
Be it life or death, only her heart can cast away the darkness to reveal the light.

Liz looked up from the book, as frown on her face.

'Eh? what the hell does all that mean?'

Reading over the passage again, she was once again stumped for the whole answer. The only thing she did understand was the last part. It basically translated to 'let your heart be your guide.'

Suddenly feeling very tired, Liz closed the book and lay back onto the pillows. Soon she was fast asleep.

She never saw the book glow a golden light before it extinguished itself.

TBC! So, was it worth the wait? feedback please! the next part is only half finished. But I'll try and get it out soon.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

HI everyone,

hey, did you see those two wonderful banners that Dreamertilltheend, and JustThisOnce Mde for me? aren't they great! Thanks guys!!!

Ok, this story will end on chapter 10 - which is actually the epilogue. I've already finished writing it, so in a way, this fic is already finished. But I haven't written part 9 yet. I know I'm working backwards, but I alrady know what I'm gonna write, so it'll all bridge together. :)

Here's the next part, enjoy!!

Part 7

The next morning, Liz felt reluctant to leave, but she really did want to go home. An inner battle raged within her.

'It's ok, I'll be back tomorrow.' She consoled herself.

After having breakfast, Max lead Liz to the back of the mansion to where the stable was. He lead Liz's favourite horse over to her. During her stay, she had ridden him in the inside stadium.

"You can use CoCo to ride home."

"Where will I out him? I live in a city."

"Don't worry, he'll find his way back here."

Liz mounted the horse, then realization hit her.

"Wait, I don't know where I am. How am I gonna get home and back here again?"

Max smiled, though it was bittersweet.

"Don't worry. CoCo knows the way. And when you are ready to come back, just blow on this whistle and CoCo will come and get you." Max took out a small silver whistle attached to a cord and hung it over Liz's neck.

Placing a hand on her cheek, he caressed her soft skin. "Don't forget your promise Liz." He reminded softly.

"I won't." She replied in a whisper.

Looking deep into his eyes, she received the strangest feeling. She voiced her thoughts.

"Beast, have we met before? I mean before I came to stay. I know we haven't, but I feel as though we have. When I look into your eyes, you remind me of someone."

"Perhaps in another life." Another life where he was Max Evans and not Beast.

"Perhaps...." Liz repeated and let the thought trail.

"You must go now. It will take you half a day to get to the city."

"Goodbye Beast. Thank you for your hospitality. You and your brothers."

Max lead CoCo to the front gates of the mansion. Turning to face the doorway, Liz saw Ky and Kal looking at her. She waved to them; they waved back. Liz had a feeling of foreboding, something bad was going to happen with her leaving, especially since she hadn't solved the mystery.

The iron gates closed behind her with a resounding clang, and Liz was on her way. She never took her gaze away from behind her. She didn't turn to face forward until she could see them no more.

A heavy feeling settled over her heart.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Half a day my ass." Liz muttered.

It was nightfall before Liz reached home. Most of the day had been travelling through a foresty area and dirt paths that seem to lead to nowhere; yet more woodland areas before suddenly emerging into a clearing that lead to the city.

Hopping of CoCo in front of her house, she said goodbye to the horse, who nuzzled her affectionately before trotting away into the night.

Finding the hide-a-key under the flower pot, Liz let herself in.

Creeping up the stairs quietly, since her parents were probably asleep, Liz let herself into her room and closed the door with a quiet click.

Liz stood there and gazed around at the familiarity of her bedroom. A room she hadn't been in for nearly a month.

Liz washed, then changed into her cotton Pjs with astronomy pictures on them. It was her favourite. Pjs were the best thing to wear in the world - so comfy!

Climbing into bed, Liz turned off the light and snuggled deep into the covers. Her own scent filled her senses. It was good to be back.

Staring into the darkness, Liz wondered what she was going to tell everyone tomorrow. was she suppose to say "Hi! I'm back! Sorry I've been away for weeks without a word. I got stuck in this gothic mansion with 3 beastly monsters who wouldn't let me leave until I solved some stupid story for them - still haven't by the way, which means this'll be a short visit, and I'll be returning back there." Uh-uh, that wouldn't be a good explanation at all. Besides, who would believe her anyway? Well, she'd just have to think of some lie, a story or something.

TBC! Liz'll meet everyone in the next chapter....what's gonna happen??? or better yet, how do you think this story has ended, or will end rather..... come on, tell me your views! don't be shy!! lol.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Yeah, I know how eaderly you all are waiting for the next chapter, so I didn't want you to keep waiting too long.

What I'll do is, once I've written chapter 9, I'll post it together with the epilogue. That way you'll have 2 chapters to read - even though it is the end of the story. :cry: *Sobs*

Part 8

Walking down the stairs the next morning dressed in a pair of dark-blue jeans and a dark-red top, Liz could hear her parents talking, and the smell of coffee and breakfast filled her senses.

"Good-morning." Liz greeted her parents, unsure of their reaction.

"Oh! Liz, honey, you're back!" Liz's mom, Nancy, greeted her daughter in a huge hug. "How was Florida? How is Claudia? when did you get back?"

"Nancy, slow down!" Jeff Parker chuckled.

'Uh Florida?' Liz thought cluelessly.

"Um, I got back late last night. I was in Florida?"

Her parents gave her a funny look. "Yeah, you went to visit your grandma there. Liz are you feeling all right? you seem a little pale."

'Well, I guess I didn't need to think of a lie after all. They think I went to Florida....'

"Uh, I'm fine mom. I just need some coffee. My brain's still asleep."

Sitting down with a cup of hot coffee, Liz returned her attention to her parents once more.

"So, how is everyone?"

"Everyone is good. Maria and Isabel still come by every so often to visit; though I think they're more into my cooking." Nancy laughed.

"I think I'll go over to see them, you know, catch up."

"Of course, but eat first and leave later." Jeff plopped down a plate of steaming food in front of his daughter.

An hour later, Liz drove over to see her friends.

"OH MY GOD!! LIIIIZZZZ!!! When did you get back?! How was Florida?"

"Maria! ...need...oxygen!!...can't....breathe!" Liz gasped.

"Oh, sorry." Maria let go of the tight hug she had given Liz.

"Phew! Florida was great!" Liz didn't realise how easy it would be to lie, plus everyone seemed to think she'd gone to Florida anyway.

"So, met any cute guys while you were there?" Isabel asked wiggling her eyebrows up and down.

Maria and Isabel had been having a sleepover the previous night.

"Um, I'd rather not say."

"Ooh, being coy and mystery gal are we Lizzie?"

Suddenly, Liz turned serious. "hey, listen, what do you last remember about prom night? you know, after we went to the store..."

Both Maria and Isabel frowned.

"Um, see, that's the weirdest thing. One minute Izzy was puking up over my dress...." Maria glared at Isabel.

"Hey I said I was sorry! I apologised for like a million times, plus I'm still paying you back for it." Huffed Isabel.

"Anyway," Maria continued. "The next thing I knew, I wake up in my own bed still wearing my prom dress."

Liz scrunched up her nose. "Ew! that must've really reeked out the room! I was wondering what they funky smell was." Joked Liz.

"Yeah, no kidding, hence the constantly open window" Maria indicated to her right and laughed.

"So, you don't remember how we got home?" Liz looked to Isabel who shrugged. And Maria just gave her the 'I already gave you my explanation' look.

'But I didn't get home. Somehow, I ended up in a creepy mansion with three monsters who chased me to the end of the roof.' Liz thought to herself. She suddenly shuddered at how close she'd come to falling to her death; just clinging onto her dear life by her small fingers on the ledge. If it hadn't been for Beast.....

"You cold?" Isabel asked and gave her more of her bedcover.

"Thanks."

"Hey, you know what? Now that Liz is back, we should have a girls night. You know, popcorn, junk food, and of course the old reruns episodes of Dawson's Creek with that hunky fit ass Jason Behr in it!"

"Maria, I had no idea you were into him." Isabel mischievously asked her.

"I'm not, he's for Liz! she's so into those dark-haired, soulful eyed broody type men."

Liz threw a pillow, which hit Maria square in the face. But Maria just pushed it aside and kept on teasing.

"Oh Jason, Jason, where for art thou Jason!-- ah!" Maria shrieked as another pillow hit her.

Soon, a full fledged pillow fight ensued.

An hour later, the three friends lay on their backs and stared at the ceiling.

"You know, we really missed you Liz." Maria said.

"I missed you guys too." Liz returned. And she did, she really did. She'd been away for three full weeks.

'I know I promised Beast I'd be back today, but I already wasted yesterday getting back here. Surely it won't hurt if I returned tomorrow. I really do want to catch up with my friends and family.' Making up her mind to stay, Liz settled herself to enjoy her friends company.

However, Liz didn't return the next day since Maria and Isabel had dragged her shopping and she had fallen asleep in her room during the evening after she'd unpacked everything. She didn't wake up until the next morning.

Then, Alex Whitman, her childhood friend had called to say he'd be coming to town for a visit and that he had to see her. Alex lived in Washington and had a job as some IT programming expert or something. He was usually so fully booked with clients - mainly large corporations who needed him to create specialised programs for their internal company; he didn't have a chance to take vacations.

Liz had debated on whether to stay or leave, but the urge to see Alex had been overwhelming. She missed dearly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, you know the new moon is in two days?" Alex said out of the blue.

Liz, Maria, Isabel and Alex were seated on the floor around a coffee table having a game of monopoly and bingeing on junk food.

Liz felt a shiver run down her spine.

"Yeah, so? You gonna turn into a werewolf or something?" Maria grinned.

"Very funny." Alex pretended to be insulted.

"That's on a full moon, dumbass." Isabel decided to tease Maria.

"Hey! Who are you calling dumbass."

Popcorn flew across the table and into Isabel's hair.

"Hey!" Isabel scooped up her own handful and launched it.

"Uh, anyway, as I as saying...." Alex thought he'd better divert them back to a safer topic or he'd be wearing their snacks back to the hotel. "The new moon, it comes out on the 14th, which is two days from now. It is said the new, or waxing moon, has renewal energies."

"Renewal energies?" Liz asked puzzled.

"Yeah, it's like the start of something you know? say, you wanna break a habit, then in Wiccan traditions, it was usual to do rituals during that time of the month that corresponds with the cycle of the moon. But if you let it continue without change, then that new start will be exactly the same. It was said the energies from the moon could help you start a fresh if you really wanted to."

"Where do you get this stuff from Alex?" Maria enquired.

"I just read a lot."

"As interesting as that sounds, why are you telling us it? what's it got to do with anything?" Isabel asked.

"Well, I was wondering what you would want to start afresh? any habits to break? or is there something you want to do in life?"

Maria thought for a moment. "I guess I don't wanna be stuck in this town forever, maybe I should plan to go travelling or something. I've always wanted to see the world before I'm old and grey." Maria chuckled.

"I need to get a better job! I don't know why daddy insists I work at his law firm. I don't even wanna be a lawyer!" Isabel put in with a huff.

"What about you Liz? .....uh, Liz?" Alex gave Liz a gentle shake.

"Huh?"

"Whoa, where in space did you orbit to?"

"Um, nowhere. Listen guys, I don't really feel too well. I might be coming down with something. Uh, can someone take me home? I don't think I should be behind the wheel with the way I'm feeling right now."

Alex got up quickly. "I'll drive you."

Liz stared hypnotically at the windscreen wipers wiping away at the lashing rain.

She'd been feeling strange ever since Alex had mentioned about the moon. Something pulled at her memory, like pieces of a jigsaw she had but couldn't quite place together to see the full picture.

"Liz we're here."

"Huh? oh, uh, thanks.... for the ride."

"I'll bring your car back tomorrow ok?"

"Sure. That's fine." Liz said absently, still staring ahead.

Liz sat there for a moment in silence.

Reaching for the door handle, Liz was about to get out when Alex grabbed her arm. She turned to face him.

"Liz, did you really go to Florida like everyone says? and I want the truth."

There was something in Alex's eyes, like he knew something, so there was no point in lying.

Liz sighed. "No, I never went to Florida."

"Something happened to you didn't it?"

She nodded numbly. "How did you--"

His voice turned urgent. "Liz, listen to me. You have to be careful ok? especially during the new moon."

"What? how--"

"I felt it Liz; I saw it in my visions, but they weren't very clear. It's more to do with the feelings of things."

"You get visions?"

"Ever since I was a child. It'd come to me in dreams. For some reason I could tell them apart. The visions felt more stronger than regular dreams."

"I never knew."

"I never told anyone. Not until now anyway." He grinned at her. "I started to study about divination and paganism. I guess it gave me a better understanding of my gift."

"How much do you know based on your visions?"

"Not a lot. It's very fragmented, but I do know one thing for sure. I don't wanna scare you, but..... you're in great danger."

TBC!! You know, I have no idea how I ended up writing Alex into the story, he jsut sorted popped up. lol. Feedback please!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds