New Beginning Books

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I've heard of them, and I want them, but I didn't know they were that hard to get a hold of! :shock: Wow! I'll just stick with fanfic, thanks, it's free and there are a lot of great writers on this board.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
DaisyMae24
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DaisyMae24 »

I managed to get my hands on all four of the post graduation books and I love them!! I've read them through over and over again!!
Jessi Mae

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

I had most of the post graduation books, but sold a few too since I wasn't gonna read though again.

I think it was A New Beginning (its been ages since I've read them), but did anyone spot all the bloopers in the book? I think the total amount of money the group was suppose to have and spent didn't really add up when they recounted it again, and the whole calling Liz "parker" thing when shouldn't it now be Evans? plus there was a whole bunch of other stuff (can't quite remember all the details though) I nearly gave up on the book but pushed myself to finish reading it. The next book wasn't too bad though.

I've still got a few more to read, its been on my shelf for about a year now. :oops:
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

DaisyMae24
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DaisyMae24 »

From what they were saying in A New Beginning about Liz and the others this took place before Liz and Max were married...like right after they left Roswell.
Jessi Mae

Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Don't forget that there was no indication in Graduation that Liz was changing her name just because she and Max were married. She called herself Liz Parker in the last scene. : )

As for these books - I own them all, but I only read A New Beginning. It had some issues, but was generally better than a lot of the show based books, which mostly sucked (Maria calling Michael "alien boy" instead of Spaceboy was just one of the many crimes against Roswell - it was obvious that some of those writers had never seen the show). Melinda's books are still THE best...in the end, quite different from the show, but it is her story, and it is told well.

Some things bothered me with the ANB series. As stated, I only read ANB all the way through, but skimmed the others. It bugged me that there was no continuity with the other show based books. If you read all of those ones, Liz told Max about Future Max twice, which is just stupid. I did like that they eventually were able to return to Roswell, though.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I have only read the first one but it bugged me. There was many inconsistancys. Too many to overlook. Melinda Metz's books are the best. They should have let her write more than just one episode. She is a truly talented author. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

i own all four and have read them all... and i have to agree that they weren't that great. Although given what the authors of the book were left to write with, a show that had ended on a downer rather than a good note, i believe they did a fairly decent job
nightscape (the 2nd book) would have to be the best of the four followed by the pursuit/turnabout 2 parter (the final books), a new beginning (The first one) was fairly... shady, shall we say? so i recommend those of you who have read only that should continue on 4 the sake of it.
and is the last book really selling in the hundreds? woah...
hks_bsb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by hks_bsb »

Does this book have anything to do w/Roswell our show or just the town? Has anyone ever heard of it? I found it on walmart.com. Thanks,

Paperback: Roswell: The Next Chapter

Author: Cotoggio, John

~Hannah~
[/url]
Whats so great about normal???

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roswell_Dreamers/

*Kaylee & Simon* *Keria & Lewis* *Michael and Sarah*
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

hks_bsb wrote:Does this book have anything to do w/Roswell our show or just the town? Has anyone ever heard of it? I found it on walmart.com. Thanks,

Paperback: Roswell: The Next Chapter

Author: Cotoggio, John

~Hannah~
[/url]
I've never heard of it, and it's hard to find information about it on the net, but it seems like it's about the roswell incident, but nothing to do with the show. Sorry.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Topy458
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Topy458 »

I've never read the Roswell High books, but I've heard some really good things about them. I'm considering ordering them all, but I'm not sure if they'll be a good read.

Have any of you read them and like them?

Any feedback is much appreciated! :)

Jenna
*The Future Is What You Make Of It*