Lift me up (AU M/L~Adult) 1/1 5/24/06

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Icequeen
Addicted Roswellian

Lift me up (AU M/L~Adult) 1/1 5/24/06

Post by Icequeen »

Title: Lift me up

Author: Icequeen

Rating: Adult (Suicide reference)

Category: Don’t want to give it away but it’s not UC.

Disclaimer: Sadly, I don’t own them, they belong to other people including the WB and Melinda Metz. The song Flood belongs to Jars of Clay, no infringement is intended.

A/N: This idea came to me after obsessing over the song Flood by Jars of Clay.

Summary: Ehhh it’s too short for a summary but it’s sad.

~~~~

Rain, rain on my face
It hasn't stopped raining for days
My world is a flood
Slowly I become one with the mud

She walks down the streets letting the rain soak her clothes. Passerby’s stare as she walks with her head down. Her life changed drastically in a few short moments. Everything she knew to be true wasn’t anymore and she didn’t know if she wanted to go on.

Lift me up - when I'm falling

Aimlessly she walked down the street. The sky was turning orange as the rain slowed down signaling nightfall but she didn’t care. Nothing mattered anymore.

Lift me up - I'm weak and I'm dying

Everything was messed up. Life wasn’t all sunshine and roses anymore. Life wasn’t worth living.

Lift me up - I need you to hold me

She walked to the pier, where she once had so many good times, wanting the pain to end. Needing the pain to go away

Lift me up - Keep me from drowning again

She looked around at the happy couples holding hands watching the beautiful sky under an umbrella. She made her way to the end of the pier and looked out over the horizon smiling for the first time in hours.

Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I'm losing control

Control was something she always thought she had, something she needed. Everything was out of control now and that was not something she could handle.

Dark sky all around
I can't feel my feet touching the ground

She took a step up balancing herself on the wet ledge as she looked down to the black water. The waves crashing against the rocks made her re-think the situation but only for a brief moment.

Lift me up - when I'm falling

She blocked out the screams of strangers as her body swayed back and forth trying to balance herself on the narrow piece of wood underneath her.

Suddenly everything became clear just as she was about to jump. The rain stopped and everything went eerily quiet as she looked straight ahead. She thought she saw a white dove flying above the air but that was impossible.

She heard a pop and suddenly the sound of strangers calling to her were heard. She turned slowly taking one last look at the world.

“I’m calling the police.”

“Go talk to her.”

“Don’t jump lady, it’s not worth it.”

“She’s so young.”

“I wonder what happened.”

She heard it all but the last comment made her smirk. She wanted to tell them all that it was worth it. That her life was over, that none of them could ever understand.

Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing

Tears fell freely from her eyes as the pain became real once again. She wanted to know why. Why did this happen to her, why she had to see it with her own eyes. The image would forever be ingrained into her mind.

It was time for it all to end. She braced herself wondering if she would feel any pain or if it would all be over in an instant. She hoped that she would be forgiven for what she was about to do.

Downpour on my soul
Splashing in the ocean, I'm losing control

She wondered how they would feel about her doing this. If they would feel sad or angry but that didn’t matter. None of them mattered anymore.

Her feet tethered back and forth on the ledge as she lifted her arms out ready to accept the choice that she had made.

She closed her eyes preparing to brace herself for the impact that was about to come. Preparing herself for the fate that was awaiting her.

A pair of strong arms encircled her waist as she pushed herself off the ledge towards the black ocean.

She turned to face the person responsible for ruining her plans when she came in contact with the most soulful eyes she had ever seen. They stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity.

Calm the storms that drench my eyes
Dry the streams still flowing

He lifted his hands and wiped her tears away as she broke down and sobbed. No words were spoken and the few interested strangers began to walk away.

“Are you ok?” He asked her staring into her chocolate colored eyes.

“Y-yes.” She answered entranced by his gaze. He smiled and helped her walk to a nearby bench.

“Why don’t you tell me what happened.” He said taking his coat off and placing it around her shoulders.

Lift me up -I need you to hold me

She told him everything from beginning to end pouring her heart out to him not knowing that she was giving him her heart as well. She told him of the lies she was told by her friends. The betrayal of finding her best friend since childhood in bed with her fiancé. The pain that she felt in her heart after asking them if something was going on and being laughed at. An hour and many tears later she ended her story. He said nothing but reached over and held her.

A connection was made that day, a connection that would last until their last breath. That day Max Evans lifted Liz Parker up and kept her from drowning. That was the day that he saved her life and Liz in turn saved his. That was the day their lives began, together.

THE END
Last edited by Icequeen on Thu May 25, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Fics
Hardhat: Don't eat the tuna salad in the cafeteria. It made me throw up.
Suit: Food poisoning takes a while. How long did it take to make you sick?
Hardhat: About 5 seconds. All I can figure is, someone must've put fish in it - I'm allergic to fish.