Dialogue That Makes You Cringe

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Aoedele
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aoedele »

Erina258 wrote: When Max proposes Liz in Graduation and she says YES, he adds "After graduation".
I thought he meant they would have sex after graduation, lol, my bad.

The most cringe worthy dialogue, is any reference to Isabel as a supermodel. Pfftt. :roll:
I'm Always Right!
Sophia
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sophia »

Aoedele wrote:
Erina258 wrote: When Max proposes Liz in Graduation and she says YES, he adds "After graduation".
I thought he meant they would have sex after graduation, lol, my bad.

The most cringe worthy dialogue, is any reference to Isabel as a supermodel. Pfftt. :roll:
That and Max calling Isabel his "home." Awful stuff.
To love someone deeply gives you strength.
Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao -Tzu
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I didn't like Max refering to his being with his own kind as something he had to do and now he was over it. Yucky!

What were the writers doing when they came up with that piece of garbage?

Smoking crack! :twisted:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

As a Lamptrimmer I hated the "Like a sister." line Kyle used on Tess when they were in the broom closet during Prom talking about the feeling between the two of them. :roll:

I mean come on I know that Tess was living with him and that Kyle had grown up enough that he no longer saw women as just sex objects but they had sparks between them that was great.But once again the stupid writers of this show ruined another great couple. :roll:
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I completely agree killjoy "like a sister" was one of the worst lines they came up with. :?
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Aoedele
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aoedele »

killjoy wrote:As a Lamptrimmer I hated the "Like a sister." line Kyle used on Tess when they were in the broom closet during Prom talking about the feeling between the two of them. :roll:
She was mindwarping Kyle into brotherly feelings for her. That made it easier for her to dig her claws into Max. Which leads me to conclude she was also mindwarping Max all along.
I'm Always Right!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Aoedele wrote:
killjoy wrote:As a Lamptrimmer I hated the "Like a sister." line Kyle used on Tess when they were in the broom closet during Prom talking about the feeling between the two of them. :roll:
She was mindwarping Kyle into brotherly feelings for her. That made it easier for her to dig her claws into Max. Which leads me to conclude she was also mindwarping Max all along.
You know I kind of thought of that :lol: But I still blame the writers for ruining what was looking to be a great couple on the show. :twisted:
VivaLasVegas
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by VivaLasVegas »

Aoedele wrote:I thought he meant they would have sex after graduation, lol, my bad.
Huh. So did I! Because the mood was all romantic and they were going in for a kiss...so Max says that they should wait. I always assumed that the proposal happened right BEFORE graduation, and they didn't have enough time to make love properly :wink: before they had to get their butts to the ceremony.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

VivaLasVegas wrote: Huh. So did I! Because the mood was all romantic and they were going in for a kiss...so Max says that they should wait. I always assumed that the proposal happened right BEFORE graduation, and they didn't have enough time to make love properly :wink: before they had to get their butts to the ceremony.
Really? I always assumed it meant they would get married after graduation. I guess we'll never know...

I hated the Tess/Kyle brotherly love thing too. It was such a lame excuse; they were just trying to get rid of that relationship so that she could go back to wanting Max. Stupid writers! There was such potential there!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Re: Dialogue That Makes You Cringe

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

jbangelo wrote:
From Sexual Healing:

MAX: "I'm glowing everywhere; my toes, my heart. You can't see it…it's on the inside."

I am a die-hard Dreamer, but I just HATE that line, and I don't even really know why. :lol:
Oh my gosh. WHen I read the title, and clicked on it, this was the line that came to mind.

I cringe when I hear it. It's the toes thing, I think. I mean, hearing him say that, in such a sweet moment, is just comical. It doesn't belong there.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!