How was your day/week/weekend?

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: How was your day?

Post by killjoy »

Ohhh we had some family drama that was funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

My cousin and his girlfriend...who are both in their 30's....were engaged.But on the spur of the moment they said 'to hell with it!' and went to the courthouse today,paid seventy something bucks and got married! No big wedding and all of that.......BOTH of their mom's are :twisted: PISSED :twisted: right now!! :lol: :lol:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:Ohhh we had some family drama that was funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

My cousin and his girlfriend...who are both in their 30's....were engaged.But on the spur of the moment they said 'to hell with it!' and went to the courthouse today,paid seventy something bucks and got married! No big wedding and all of that.......BOTH of their mom's are :twisted: PISSED :twisted: right now!! :lol: :lol:
I say ... kudos to them both - and wish them a long & happy life together. Their parents/other family members should get over the fact that they went to a courthouse.

You cousin and his new wife have not only saved themselves the time, energy, and money that would have been wasted on planning such a big wedding - but also the headache of it as well. Now, they can relax ... go on a honeymoon, if they so desire, and if they want to appease any ruffled feathers - have a big family dinner/celebration when they get back.

That's the way I want to do it. I've been to be "productions" as I like to call 'em. The last one was my brother's, in which I was a bridesmaid. Needless to say, it was for not as they are now in the middle of an ugly and bitter divorce.

$32,000 spent on a wedding that could have been better spent towards the down payment on a house! :roll:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

Maybe this thread title should be changed to "How was your day/week/weekend?" ... just a suggestion :wink:

Anyway ... my baby brother got married on Friday and it was a fabulous day. I danced my ass off - not literally though :(

I got to see lots of family and friends that I haven't seen in sometime as we are all very busy with what's going on in our own lives, but it was great to catch up with them.

And of course - my grand-mother just had to ask me when it would be my turn :roll:

Seriously? Is that all women are good for? Tying the knot of matrimony around their necks and bearing children like a broodmare? :x

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

Earth2Mama wrote:Maybe this thread title should be changed to "How was your day/week/weekend?" ... just a suggestion :wink:
That's fine with me.

~Chad~
April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: How was your day/week/weekend?

Post by April »

Ugh, my weekend was a combination of boring and frustrating. Boring because my roommate was gone and I'm still boyfriendless, so I had nothing fun to do. I just did homework and relaxed. And it was frustrating because my demo version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 expired, so I decided to download the demo version of Vegas Pro 9, since I hear it's very similar and I'm still too cheap to buy any software. Well, I'd heard that Pro 9 had issues, but I didn't know it would be virtually UN-USABLE! The thing kept freezing up every two seconds. So I get rid of that and eventually decided to just install Windows Movie Maker 2.6 for free. I'm still pissed that Movie Maker wasn't included on Windows 7, because 2.6 is fine but it's missing a few effects from version 6.0 that was included with Vista. Anyway, enough of that rant.

Now this morning, I've woken up to discover that I'm sick. Sore, scratchy throat. I hope it's not the start of swine flu. I got that last year around this exact same time.

Anyway, needless to say, I'll be taking it easy today. Screw work. If this is swine flu, I'm going to get a lot of rest up front.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

April wrote:Now this morning, I've woken up to discover that I'm sick. Sore, scratchy throat. I hope it's not the start of swine flu. I got that last year around this exact same time.
Oh lord ... me too. Must be on the same wave length or it's something in the air here :roll:

What makes it worse ... I sound like man :(

I'm about to drink some tea to see if that helps. I've also got plenty of throat lozenge's so hopefully that helps as well.

I'll be taking the flu shot here as soon as it becomes available to us on Thursday.

April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I just got my flu shot on Wednesday, so hopefully it's just a regular cold. It sucks, though.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Sorry to hear everyone is feeling poorly.

I say you need to drink some wine! If you're going to feel like crap might as well get a buzz out of it!
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Still think this is great and want to share it with all of you.

We have a guy running for office here in Alabama and his name is.....and I'm not kidding here :lol: ....But his name is Young Boozer....yes you heard that right....Young Boozer! :lol: :lol:
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

killjoy wrote:Still think this is great and want to share it with all of you.

We have a guy running for office here in Alabama and his name is.....and I'm not kidding here :lol: ....But his name is Young Boozer....yes you heard that right....Young Boozer! :lol: :lol:
Mean parents