When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by Chrisken »

Itzstacie wrote:I need some help here, there is a scene that is driving me crazy and I can't remember the epi.
It's closing time and Max comes to the crashdown and he doesn't want to leave, Liz tells him thank you for worrying about her and there is a piece of pie if he wanted it she was going to study for a test.
I think that's in 'We are family.' Here's the transcript:
MAX: Uh, I wasn't done.
LIZ: Oh. Ok. It's late.
MAX: Did you study for history?
LIZ: Uh, yeah. I was going to once my shift ended.
MAX: Can I have another Coke?
LIZ: Max, you've been sitting here since 6:00.
MAX: I don't wanna go home. There's someone dangerous in our town, Liz. Someone who'd do that to a defenseless person.
LIZ: That's why you're here. You're worried about me. Thank you.
(Sean knocks on the front door of the Crashdown)
LIZ: One second.
SEAN: I would kill for some Chili Orbit Rings.
LIZ: I'm sorry, Sean, but the kitchen's closed.
SEAN: Come on. Ok, ok...umm, Asteroid Pie.
LIZ: Uh, the last piece went at 6:00.
SEAN: Why do you gotta be so cruel, Parker?
LIZ: Just come back tomorrow, Sean, okay? I'll give you 10% off.
SEAN: 20.
LIZ: Good night, Sean.
(Sean leaves and Liz goes back over to Max)
LIZ: Ok, um, you know what...my books are upstairs, and there are 2 pieces of Asteroid Pie left in the fridge. You can stay as long as you like.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

that's it! Thank You
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

Do they ever state how long Jesse and Isabel were dating before they got married?

Also, does anyone know their wedding date? The air date of the epi was 11/13, but I wasn't sure if there was anywhere that it showed their wedding date.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Well, they met on July 5th -Jesse's birthday- and they are already dating in Busted!, which should have been by the end of September... They definitely married in early November, since Halloween had just been in Secrets and Lies/Control. But I couldn't find any specific date anywhere...

Hope that helps!
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

Thanks, I had forgotten that they mention the date that they met in IMAA.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok I'm not sure on this so I'm going to ask.

Does it matter how bad an injury Max heals in the fact it changes someone to a hybrid? What I mean is Liz and Kyle were serious wounds near death that type of thing when Max brought them back.But what if he healed say like a bad cut on Maria? Would it still change her over or would it have to be something serious where he had to use a lot of power?
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

killjoy wrote:Ok I'm not sure on this so I'm going to ask.

Does it matter how bad an injury Max heals in the fact it changes someone to a hybrid? What I mean is Liz and Kyle were serious wounds near death that type of thing when Max brought them back.But what if he healed say like a bad cut on Maria? Would it still change her over or would it have to be something serious where he had to use a lot of power?
Quite honestly we don't know... We don't even know for sure that Kyle was changed. We don't know if the kids Max healed from Cancer were changed. All we know is....
AVA: Just a feeling. I always felt like he was waiting for someone else to walk into his life. So what about you? How'd you find out about Max? He just hauled off and dropped the bomb one day?

LIZ: No. He was right over there. I was working, and, uh...he was sitting at that booth. And, um, someone brought in a gun, and it kinda went off, and I got shot. I was dying, but Max brought me back.

AVA: He brought you back.

LIZ: Yeah.

LIZ: Ok, so um, what's plan "B"?

ISABEL: There isn't one.

AVA: Liz can do it.

ISABEL: What?

LIZ: What are you talking about?

AVA: Max brought you back from the dead. You've been changed.

LIZ: What do you mean by changed?

AVA: Look, there ain't enough time to explain. You just gotta trust me here. If Max brought you back, then...you're different now.
Then Liz helped save Max and eventually went through Ch-ch-changes and developed powers of her own.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Zanity wrote:
killjoy wrote:Ok I'm not sure on this so I'm going to ask.

Quite honestly we don't know... We don't even know for sure that Kyle was changed. We don't know if the kids Max healed from Cancer were changed. All we know is....

Then Liz helped save Max and eventually went through Ch-ch-changes and developed powers of her own.
Based on those lines from Ava, I always thought that the key point wasn't healing injuries, just being 'brought back' from the point of death. Of course, there are always different interpretations.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

You also have to factor in that Jim Valenti was also saved by Max. Some authors have "skipped" the changes on Valenti and the kids with cancer by going with an age thing. Also, Max healed Brody, though he didn't phisically touch him, so no silver handprint was left.

And then we have Michael healing River Dog's ankle, Tess healing Max's bruise -but unable to heal her own ankle- and Isabel examining Michael in Ask Not for injuries which is reasonably to believe she would have been able to heal to some degree... So healing is not entirely exclusive to Max, but he's probably the only one capable of healing a bullet wound, or cancer.

One curious thing is that Max himself didn't seem to think of it as a "healing" power in the beginning. When he's explainig to Liz his powers in Pilot, he said that he could manipulate molecular structures, "That's how I healed you". But that would mean that all hybrids could heal in a somewhat equal measure. Maybe it was until later that Max realized it really was a unique power, like Isabel's dreamwalking.

Can you tell I've been thinking about this a lot? :lol:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Buddha-boy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Buddha-boy »

Hey guys,

there is something bugging me for a while now, maybe you can help me.

At the opening credits to season 3 there is a flash of a scene (precisely at second 12) where Liz, Maria and Kyle all sit together in a booth at the crashdown, eating and talking. To this day I haven't found out from which episode this scene is and I can't remember ever seeing it on the show. Could it be a manufactured scene just for the credits?

Thanks in advance

Buddha-boy