Every Light in the House (S/L) 1/1 Adult 2/14

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Every Light in the House (S/L) 1/1 Adult 2/14

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Title: Every Light in the House
Pairing: Lanewalker (Sean/Liz)
Author: Sarah, aka Zanssoulmate08
Rating: Adult
Disclaimer: Roswell belongs to the brilliant minds of Melinda Metz and Jason Katims, and the song, “Every light in the House” is by Trace Adkins. No infringement is intended.
Summary: Liz and Sean had sex in Departure and Max left with Tess. Years later, Liz leaves Sean after Max returns from Antar with his son. Sean has never gotten over his love for her.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I told you I'd leave a light on,
In case you ever wanted to come back home,
You smiled and said you appreciate the gesture,
I took your every word to heart,
'Cause I can't stand us bein' apart,
And just to show how much I really miss ya,

Sean picked up the bottle of whiskey Amy had left in the fridge and took a swig, welcoming the burn as it traveled down his throat. He laughed harshly, the sound echoing loudly off the walls of the empty house at the realization that the alcohol never seemed to dim his memory of her.

Liz.

The golden girl of Roswell, New Mexico.

The love of his fucking life.

He leaned back in his chair as memories of her soft skin blazed through his mind. Liz panting that she loved him as she writhed beneath him, sobbing his name as she came apart in his arms. It had been him that had brought her to ecstasy, not Max.

Fucking Max Evans.

He’d told her he’d wait for her. That as soon as she got Max out of her system he’d be there. Hell, he’d even gone so far as to propose! The pity in her eyes had nearly destroyed him.

Every light in the house is on,
The back yard's bright as the crack of dawn,
The front walk looks like runway lights,
It's kinda like noon in the dead of night,
Just in case you ever do get tired of being gone,

And yet he couldn’t not love her. He couldn’t move on. When he gave her his heart it was with the certainty that he would never get it back. He just never dreamed that she could take hers from him and hand it so casually over to the man, no the boy, that had broken her heart, hell her very spirit!

The Liz he knew was full of life. Not the shadow of the woman she had become in Evans’s arms.

In his bed.

Sean gritted his teeth and stood, to his credit only wobbling slightly. He’d learned to hold his liquor in these past few months since the asshole’s return to Liz’s life. He headed for the mantle, where despite his protests, Amy kept a picture of the two of them from last year’s Christmas party. He blinked back tears as he stared at the impish smile on Liz’s face.

If I should ever start forgetin',
I'll turn the lights off one by one,
So you can see that I agree It's over,
But until then I want you to know,
If you look south you'll see a glow,
Thats me waitin' at home each night to hold ya,

No, he couldn’t forget her. The love was on her face plain as day. Maria said to give her time and she’d come around, but he wasn’t sure how much longer he could last without breaking!

ooooh Every light in the house is on,
Every light in the house is on.

He would always love her. Walking determinedly, toward the front door, he flicked on the front porch light and headed for his room for another night of restless sleep.

*~*
A/N: Well? :|

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.