FallenMagic -- Roswell Fanfic

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Changes Between Us

Post by FallenMagic »

Changes Between Us

It has been one crazy year. I sit, leaning against the counter, contemplating this thought. In one year all of our lives have twisted and turned until we’re no longer sure what will happen in the next minute, let alone the next day.

My gaze sweeps around the place where it all started, where all of our lives changed: the Crash Down. This was where Liz Parker was shot, where Max healed her and revealed the truth about us to the humans. This was where Maria and I shared our first kiss, where we broke up and got back together and broke up again…well you get the point. Yes, this place is full of memories, some good, and some bad.

As I finish my scan of the place, my eyes settle on her. She’s sitting alone in the back booth, almost out of sight, drinking her cherry coke and reading a magazine, oblivious to the people around, not that there are many customers around anyway. She comes here everyday and I watch her everyday. She, too, has become a part of my memory now.

I remember her as a potential enemy and a potential friend. But now even that thought is changing… her curly blond hair, her pouty, red lips, her sweet smile and her blue eyes have all become a part of my memory.

I don’t know when I began to think of her in this way. I think it started when we began to train together but it never really hit me until now. Like I had told Max, she was untrustworthy but now she was all I could think about. Maybe my feelings for her changed when I realized that she and I weren’t really different at all. She was the first person who believed in me, in my powers. She helped me try to bring them under control. She was also trying to adjust to this planet, knowing and wanting to go back to our real home, Antar – just like me.

I often watch how others guys eye her when she walks by in school and on the streets. I have even caught Kyle gaping at her and I have to refrain from punching him down for even considering having a go at her, especially when she is staying with him and his dad. The thought of her living a few steps away from Kyle’s bed upsets me more than I care to admit. After all, she is beautiful. I mean, I’m not blind and I’ll be the first one to admit it…well maybe not out loud, after all I have a reputation to keep.

I also believe that we may have misjudged her. She isn’t as bad as she seems. I know the others are still very suspicious of her, but I think it is only due to the way she was brought up. She never knew what friends and family meant. At least I had an inkling, thanks to the Evans.

I watch her nibbling her straw, stirring uncomfortably, as if she knows someone is watching her. She slowly looks up from the magazine and looks around, finally catching my eye. I hadn’t even realized that I had been staring at her for the past fifteen minutes. Instead of looking away I gaze back at her. Her mouth slowly lifts into that sweet, irresistible smile.

My breath catches as I involuntarily begin to get up. I can’t help my self as I walk slowly up to her table, my eyes still locked onto hers. When I reach her table I stand there foolishly, not sure what to do. She silently looks at me, half in amusement, and half in anticipation. Finally, I smile a little and sit down opposite her. She returns my smile and greets me with her syrupy voice.

“Hey Michael.”

“Hi Tess.” I greet her.

THE END
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Realisation

Post by FallenMagic »

Realisation

Livin' my life in a slow hell
Different girl every night at the hotel

He got up shakily from the bed, making sure not to awaken his sleeping girlfriend. He walked to the den, his face ashen.

I aint seen the sun shine in 3 damn days

He switched on a light as he sat down on the corner couch. It had been that dream again.

Been fuelin' up on cocaine and whisky

He had been dreaming about her for days and he didn’t know why.

Wish I had a good girl to miss me

It had been so long since he had last talked to her. He passed her everyday in college but they never exchanged a word.

Lord I wonder if I'll ever change my ways

She sometimes gave him an unreadable look but never said a word as she walked on by.

I put your picture away

He opened a drawer and picked up a worn photograph lying hidden underneath some papers.

Sat down and cried the day

He rubbed his thumb over her smiling face. Her eyes were twinkling as her face lit up in her bubbling laugh.

I can't look at you, I'm lyin' next to her

He closed his eyes tightly as he thought about her. He could remember the way she talked, how she laughed and made him feel all warm.

I put your picture away, sat down and cried today
I can't look at you I'm lyin' next to her

He remembered all the good times they had, how they had snuck kisses in between classes when they were in school, how they had danced at the prom, how they had celebrated going to college together.

I called you last night in the hotel
Everyone knows but they wont tell

But after that, things began to look hazy.

But their half hearted smiles tell me
Somethin' just ain't right

He saw their fights, he saw her tear stained face when he left her.

I been waitin' on you for a long time
Fuelin' up on heartaches and cheap wine

He winced when he remembered how much he had hurt her while all she had done was saved him and given him her love.

I ain't heard from you in 3 damn nights

“Honey, come back to bed.”

I put your picture away
I wonder where you been

He looked up at the sound of his girlfriend.

I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him

She was standing in the doorway, the light creating a halo around her. She was beautiful, someone who always turned heads where ever she went, but he suddenly realised that he was only hiding from the truth.

I put your picture away

He didn’t love her at all.

I wonder where you been

He got up, took her hand in his, and looked her in the eye.

I can't look at you while I'm lyin' next to him

“I-I can’t go on like this, Isabel.” He whispered.

“What do you mean, Michael?” she asked, her voice soft, as if anticipating his answer.

I saw ya yesterday with an old friend

“I have to go to her. I’m sorry but I-I love her.” He stammered.

It was the same ole same "how have you been"

Instead of being hurt and angry, Isabel smiled sadly. “I was wondering when you’d realise that.” She told him.

Since you been gone my worlds been dark & grey

Michael looked at her in surprise. “I am so sorry Iz. I didn’t mean to hurt you this way…”

You reminded me of brighter days

“You’ve always loved her, haven’t you?” she asked him.

I hoped you were comin' home to stay
I was head of the church

Michael didn’t even have to think about it when he whispered, “Yes.”

I was off to drink you away

“Then I won’t stop you from going.” Isabel told him. Her eyes held sadness but there was acceptance there as well. It was almost as if she had been waiting for him to realise what she already knew.

I thought about you for a long time
Can't seem to get you off my mind

She gave him a hug. “You’re still my best friend though.”

“You too.” Michael answered hoarsely. He then let go and without even bothering to change dashed he out the front door.

I can't understand why we're living life this way
I found your picture today

It was raining by the time he got to her house and he was drenched from head to toe.

I swear I'll change my ways

As he approached, he saw a light in one of the rooms. He hesitantly walked up to her house, not sure, of what he was going to say and how she would react. After all, it had been a long while since he even talked to her.

I just called to say I want you to come back home

He stood on her front porch for a few moments, debating whether to knock or leave. He didn’t have to decide for the door opened and there she stood in her night suit, her golden hair flowing over her shoulders.

I found your picture today

Her emerald eyes were unreadable as she just stared at him, not moving not saying a word. He wanted to open his mouth to apologize but the words got stuck in his throat.

I swear I'll change my ways

They just stared at each other for a long while, not saying anything but communicating in their silence.

I just called to say I want you to come back home

Finally, she moved aside slightly to let him enter. When he made no move to enter, she gave him the small quirky smile that he loved.

“Well, aren’t you going to come in, Spaceboy?” she asked.

I just called to say, I love you come back home

Michael smiled lopsidedly and nodded as he entered her house. Maria gave him a small, hesitant smile as she closed the door. It was a smile that held forgiveness and a smile that held a promise.

THE END
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Thanks guys! I'm not a sad person but I just love wrting sad stories lol..I'm weird that way :lol: But seriously I'm glad you liked it Kid. :D Michelle, I have not posted Shadows up here as yet but I will start a repost soon. The current, regularly update link is: Shadows

Hope you like it! :)
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

I Love You, Goodbye

Post by FallenMagic »

I Love You, Goodbye

Wish I could be the one
The one who could give you love

Michael Guerin lay in bed staring at the sleeping form of his girlfriend. He felt bad at what he was going to do but it had to be done. He could not hurt her again. His Maria. He loved her so much but he had hurt her just as much.

The kind of love you really need
Wish I could say to you
That I'll always stay with you
But baby that's not me

He held onto her as he tried to remember every detail about this night. How she had smelled of vanilla and her cypress oil. About how beautiful she looked in that black dress of hers. How she had laughed when he had danced with her.

You need someone willing to give their heart and soul to you
Promise you forever, baby that's something I can't do

He saw the peaceful smile on her face as she slept next to him, unaware of his plan.

Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
But that would be a lie
I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry

Last night had been his last night with Maria. He wanted to make it special for both of them.

I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

He got out of bed and put on his clothes. Then quietly he got his bags from under the bed. He had packed yesterday only.

I hope someday you can
Find some way to understand I'm only doing this for you

He walked over to Maria quietly, leaned down, and kissed her lightly.

I don't really wanna go
But deep in my heart I know this is the kindest thing to do
You'll find someone who'll be the one that I could never be

She stirred slightly. He held his breathe as she whispered his name. “Michael?”

“Shh. Go to sleep honey. I love you.” He whispered back as he stroked her hair.

Who'll give you something better
Than the love you'll find with me
Oh I could say that I'll be all you need
But that would be a crime

She smiled sleepily and fell back to sleep. With a last look at his love, Michael left the apartment.

I know I'd only hurt you
I know I'd only make you cry
I'm not the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

Once Michael was outside, he sat in his car and let his tears flow. He wished he didn’t have to do this. He loved her still but he could not be able to provide for her everything she wanted. He didn’t have a stable job, or even a stable life. He might have to leave one day and he wasn’t sure if he could let Maria hurt when he did.

Leaving someone when you love someone
Is the hardest thing to do
When you love someone as much as I love you

He hoped Maria would understand. He felt bad for leaving without even leaving a note. He knew Maria would feel hurt and wonder what went wrong when they had such an amazing time last night.

Oh I don't wanna leave you
Baby it tears me up inside

But what could he tell her. That he would rather hurt her now than later on when he would get too attached? That he wanted he to find someone else who could love her like he never could? Michael shook his head. He would not be able to tell her that without his resolve crumbling.

But I'll never be the one you're needing
I love you, goodbye

No Maria would have to understand for herself. With a silent farewell, Michael pulled out of the parking lot and left Roswell.

Baby, it’s never gonna work out
I love you, goodbye

THE END
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Re: FallenMagic -- Roswell Fanfic

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

I hope you come back soon!

I miss Pieces of a Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(