Alternate Universe Challenges

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Michael Guerin is...Doctor Love.

He's hired by other men to help them chat up women. I supposed it's sort of like the movie hitch, but actually it was inspired by somebody's avatar.

So, Max, Alex and Kyle and maybe other guys if you like, hire him. They are all unlucky in love and needs his expertise. Can the doctor help them and can if he's so good himself, then why is he still single?

Must be CC.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

192#

Ok this challenge comes from a movie that for the life of me I can't remember the name :oops: But here's the idea

AU all human

Couples-M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T....if you want others go ahead.

Rating-anyone you want is fine.

Max,Michael,Kyle and Alex are very close guy friends,have been for years.They do all the normal guy stuff.....go to bars,drink beer,cheer for the favorite sports team,check out women and have a great fear of marraige.

So that's why they come up with a bet.They'll all add a large sum of money to a pot and make the bet that that the one guy left single after all the others get married wins the large sum of money (don't forget they put this money in the bank so over time the sum gets larger )

Who will be the first guy to fall? How do the girls snag their guy and make them lose their fear? Who will be the last two to hold out...and what will they do to try and win the money?
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

killjoy wrote:192#

Ok this challenge comes from a movie that for the life of me I can't remember the name :oops: But here's the idea

AU all human

Couples-M/L,M/M,A/I and K/T....if you want others go ahead.

Rating-anyone you want is fine.

Max,Michael,Kyle and Alex are very close guy friends,have been for years.They do all the normal guy stuff.....go to bars,drink beer,cheer for the favorite sports team,check out women and have a great fear of marraige.

So that's why they come up with a bet.They'll all add a large sum of money to a pot and make the bet that that the one guy left single after all the others get married wins the large sum of money (don't forget they put this money in the bank so over time the sum gets larger )

Who will be the first guy to fall? How do the girls snag their guy and make them lose their fear? Who will be the last two to hold out...and what will they do to try and win the money?
FYI: The movie is "Tomcats" with Jerry O'Connel and Shannon Elizabeth. :D

I own it - I'm such a movie whore.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

xmag wrote:# 190 - AU fic with aliens - The crash never happened

Fic taking place in two phases :

- Phase 1 : Liz and Maria's story, a friendship story.

Liz and Maria live in Roswell and are best friends. They have a dream : travel the world for one or two years after graduating high school. But one day, while the two girls are working in the Crashdown, the shooting happened, Liz was hit. She fell into a coma for the next two years. Maria never lost hope that Liz would come out of her coma and she went to see her regularly, talking to her, reading her magazines, books, singing to her, bringing her music...

One day, during Maria's last year of high school, Liz wakes up. When she hugs Maria, she has a flash of Maria's father, who left when Maria was a kid. Maria, who is into hippie stuff, believes her friend but Jeff and Nancy think that staying in a coma damaged their daughter's brain.

Liz recovers and against her parents' wishes, who want her to catch up on her studies safely at home, she decides to go on that trip she and Maria had dreamed of. They will search for Maria's father, thanks to Liz's visions.

This fic will be about Liz and Maria's trip, their adventures across the States. They will land in Iceland, they will travel the country, discovering its mythology, and at the same time following where Liz's visions lead them. And they will find Maria's father... and a buried spaceship.

END OF PHASE 1.

Phase two : Zan and Liz, Rath and Maria's love stories.

Inside the spaceship, Liz and Maria are trapped. They manipulate some alien devices, to try to get out but instead of achieving that, they manage to make the ship take off. Our two girls are put into stasis and the space ship is flying back to Antar. Once there, the King and the Second in command are alerted that one of their Antarian's older spaceships, which had been lost for a century (way before Zan and Rath's time), is back on its original army basis.

Intrigued by this return, they go there and discover, with their scientists and their army members, the two girls asleep inside.

Write the story of Liz and Maria's lives on Antar, their meetings with Zan and Rath, how they learned about Antar, its politic, its diplomacy, its way of life (more sci-fi a la Star Trek than Star Wars), and their love stories with Zan and Rath.

PM me if you want more details.
I would like to take this challenge if you don't mind. :)
it's better to rise than fade away.
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

193# Christmas In Boston - Taken by Dreamweaver

Couples: Max/Liz Alex/Tess

Max and Liz have been conversing with each other through letters and e-mails ever since Senior year (They don't live in the same country). Both of them have gotten close over the years till one christmas Max's company (It's up to you what he does) is coming to Boston where Liz works.

To top it off, Liz has to be there at the meeting (she can be a journalist or a hostess or something like that).

Max and Liz have never spoken to each other on the phone due to a pact and they only sent photos of each other. Naturally - Max and Liz are panicking that they are meeting up but they also have another secret.

Max sent his best friend, Alex, Picture to Liz instead of his and Liz sent her best friend's, Tess, Picture to Max instead of hers so they arrange the best friends to meet up with each other in the pretence of meeting each other.

Tess and Alex slowly fall for each other while Liz and Max get to know each other during the meeting and slowly fall for each other.

Max finds out that Liz is the Liz Parker he has been writing to and tries to tell Liz the truth about him (He is going by Alex's name) while trying to prevent Liz from finding out the truth from someone else.

Max and Liz is a must at th end and they when they finally kiss - it's under a full moon.

Alex and Tess get together - it's up to you if they stay together or have a long distance relationship.

No angst - just fluff and humour.

Let me know if you can take it up - I was inspired by the movie - Christmas in Boston (Hence the title).
Last edited by Bubblegal on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

193# Christmas In Boston - Taken By Dream Weaver.

Couples: Max/Liz Alex/Tess

Max and Liz have been conversing with each other through letters and e-mails ever since Senior year (They don't live in the same country). Both of them have gotten close over the years till one christmas Max's company (It's up to you what he does) is coming to Boston where Liz works.

To top it off, Liz has to be there at the meeting (she can be a journalist or a hostess or something like that).

Max and Liz have never spoken to each other on the phone due to a pact and they only sent photos of each other. Naturally - Max and Liz are panicking that they are meeting up but they also have another secret.

Max sent his best friend, Alex, Picture to Liz instead of his and Liz sent her best friend's, Tess, Picture to Max instead of hers so they arrange the best friends to meet up with each other in the pretence of meeting each other.

Tess and Alex slowly fall for each other while Liz and Max get to know each other during the meeting and slowly fall for each other.

Max finds out that Liz is the Liz Parker he has been writing to and tries to tell Liz the truth about him (He is going by Alex's name) while trying to prevent Liz from finding out the truth from someone else.

Max and Liz is a must at th end and they when they finally kiss - it's under a full moon.

Alex and Tess get together - it's up to you if they stay together or have a long distance relationship.

No angst - just fluff and humour.

Let me know if you can take it up - I was inspired by the movie - Christmas in Boston (Hence the title).
Last edited by Bubblegal on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Ok Dani.......I know I shouldn't but I think I want to take Christmas in Boston...I will PM you! :)
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
LoveIsForever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LoveIsForever »

Instead of Tess being Ava what if someone else was. Someone who wasn't evil and was found by a family like Max and Isabel and grow up normal.

She moves to Roswell her last year of high school and meets Max and feels a pull towards him as he does her. But she isn't like Tess and doesn't try to come between Max and Liz.

I would just like to read a fic where Max's has to decide between his love of this life or his past one.

I'm a dreamer fan so I would really like a M/L ending though.
The One Thing That Never Dies Is Love.

My Roswell Challenges

My Forum
From the Wind to the Stars
dreamer19

Post by dreamer19 »

#195 Roswell Witch Hunt

Alternate Universe with Aliens, Pairings: CC

Background: I was watching the lifetime movie “Not Like Everyone Else” where the girl is basically accused of being a witch and suspended for putting a spell on her teacher. It is based a true story—Brandi Blackbear, I believe her father is Native American. So it got me thinking what if something like that happened to Liz in modern day Roswell. I couldn't get this off my mind, but I don't have to write it. So I just thought I'd put it out there.

*Liz is new to Roswell. Her parents died, by either fire or drowning. Her mother was friends with Amy Deluca and she owns the Crashdown. Liz should be from somewhere else in New Mexico, or a surrounding state.
*Liz must show an interest in mythology.
*Liz and Maria must not get along at first, but after a couple months, they are accepting of each other. Alex is friends with Maria, but instantly become friends with Liz. Though she finds him rather annoying at first.
*Michael, Max and Isabel are aliens.
*Tess and Kyle are human and they will start spreading the rumors that cause the ‘witch hunt.’
*Liz sees Michael using his powers from some reason. He is angry or upset and ends up shattering something in the school. He runs away and Liz walks over to investigate the damage and either Tess or Kyle sees her.
*Other strange things start happening around Roswell and Liz seems to be connected to each incident somehow.
*She pursues Max because he is friends with Michael. Things heat up between them.
*The other two aliens must start up there relationships at some point.
*Towards the end, someone must try to drown Liz because they really believe her to be a witch.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

196#
AU with aliens

Couples-M/M,K/T,A/I and M/L

Any rating you want is fine.

This story is set in the future any where from 150 to 200 years.Here everyone in the story is human with the exception of Michael/Rath.Rath is an Antariean,an alien race that Earth and it's space fleet has made contact with a few years ago.Given the earth name Michael,Rath has come to Earth as part of an exchange progam(think Alex and Sweden) and goes to an Earth school(high school or college is up too you.)

The Earth family who takes Michael in during his stay on Earth is the Valenti family(Jim,Amy,Kyle and Maria).At the start there is some mistrust and learning that must be done as the two differnt cultures first meet.But over time everyone grows on one another to the point that Michael and Kyle become best friends,Jim and Amy come to care for Michael as one of their own...not to mention a relationship between Michael and Maria start to develop.

But what happens when something goes down that strains the relationship between Antar and Earth?What would happen if tensions rise and an almost state of war exist between the two worlds leaving poor Michael stuck to choose between his world and his Earth 'family' that he has come to care about? Not to mention the Earth girl he has fallen in love with.

MUST HAVES

When Rath first gets to Earth it's Maria who gives him the Earth name Michael in order for him to fit in better.And much to Rath's dismay the name sticks and is what everyone calls him now.

On the outside Michael could pass for human except for one thing.Might be a bone ridge that shows on his forehead,pointed ears,strange colored eyes...whatever it is is up too you.On the inside is a totally different story.Two hearts...blue blood that sort of thing.

Something that's deadly to humans...say something toxic like bleach...is harmless to Michael and becomes his favorite drink while on Earth.