More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

KristenRose
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by KristenRose »

Im very new to graphic making so I'm not sure this is possible or not. I have Photoshop CS and I've downloaded and installed some custom made brushes by other people. I've been experimenting with them when making banners and wondered if it's possible to flip or rotate a brush when I'm using it so that it will face the other way? Like for example, if I used a swirl in the bottom left corner and it naturally faces right could I flip it and use it in the bottom right corner so it would be facing left?

I hope I explained that clearly. If anyone could answer this I'd appreciate it.

Changing Destiny
http://magical-worlds.us/changingdestiny/
A site for multi-fandom fic, challenges, and recs.
DramastarOF06
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DramastarOF06 »

Ok, for Christmas I asked for Photoshop so I can start making my own banners and stuff, but my mom picked out Print Shop instead. So my question is, can i still use Print shop? Or has anyone used Print shop before? Thanks.
KristenRose
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by KristenRose »

I figured out how to do it on Photoshop CS. On the brushes tab, click on Brush Tip Shape a panel will come up showing your brushes and underneath that there are two boxes you can check or uncheck. Flip X and Flip Y. Check Flip X to flip the brush horizontally and check Flip Y to flip the brush vertically.

Changing Destiny
http://magical-worlds.us/changingdestiny/
A site for multi-fandom fic, challenges, and recs.
DaisyMae24
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DaisyMae24 »

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knows how to use infranview to make banners and avi's? I can't get Photoshop or Paint Shop on my computer because my system won't take them. My system is Windows ME so I was recommended infranview but I can't figure out how to make banners and avi's with it. If someone knows could you please help me out? Thanks so much
Jessi Mae

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me of a decent art program that I can buy? I'm looking for something reasonable; not too expensive, but also worth it.

In the meantime, anyone know any tricks to using regular ol' Paint?
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
*Katie*
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by *Katie* »

KristenRose wrote:I figured out how to do it on Photoshop CS. On the brushes tab, click on Brush Tip Shape a panel will come up showing your brushes and underneath that there are two boxes you can check or uncheck. Flip X and Flip Y. Check Flip X to flip the brush horizontally and check Flip Y to flip the brush vertically.
Or put the brush on a new layer, then go to edit>transform, and choose whichever direction you want it to move in :D
Chynna Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Chynna Princess »

I reccomend Paint Shop Pro. Go to Jasc.com and check it out. It's cheaper that Photo Shop and an easy beginner program. You can always go to Photo Shop later when your skill exceeds Paint Shop Pro. I still use my Paint Shop Pro 6 years later. I tried Photo Shop but Paint Shop Pro makes it so easy to create good art without getting technical. The only trick you can do with Paint is.... ya ready?.... throw it a bone and hope it won't come back. It's really not good for anything. Not even for screen shots because you have to cut and repaste into a new canvas every time you copy. I may try Photo Shop again but I need to start making art again and get in the swing. I'm very rusty. It's better to use an average program to create average to good art than to use a high tech program to create crap IMO.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I reccomend Paint Shop Pro. Go to Jasc.com and check it out. It's cheaper that Photo Shop and an easy beginner program. You can always go to Photo Shop later when your skill exceeds Paint Shop Pro. I still use my Paint Shop Pro 6 years later. I tried Photo Shop but Paint Shop Pro makes it so easy to create good art without getting technical. The only trick you can do with Paint is.... ya ready?.... throw it a bone and hope it won't come back. It's really not good for anything. Not even for screen shots because you have to cut and repaste into a new canvas every time you copy. I may try Photo Shop again but I need to start making art again and get in the swing. I'm very rusty. It's better to use an average program to create average to good art than to use a high tech program to create crap IMO.
Thank you! I will check that out. And yeah, Paint drives me absolutely crazy. But I was hoping there might be something I could do with it in the meantime. Ah, well. Thanks again!
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Chynna Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Chynna Princess »

They have a free trial so you can try it for a while and then it expires so you can buy it if you like it. If you like it pm me before you buy it so I can teach you some program tricks to make up your mind before you buy.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Hello talented people...lol.

I have a question, So I got Photoshop 7 and basically, I have NO CLUE how to use it AT ALL. I would really like to learn how to use it, being that I like to think that I am artsy/crafty.

Do you think that I should buy the book "Photoshop 7 for Dummies?"

Or is there some where else I could go to get a tutorial or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I feel like a kid that got a really good present that I cant play with...HELP!

:x