When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Jason's Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jason's Princess »

I've a question. My apologies if it sounds utterly dumb. Lol How do you spell Kivar? I've seen it spelt Kivar and Khivar. What's the *correct* spelling?
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend | Just what you want to be, you will be in the end
And I love you
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

I believe the canon spelling is Kivar.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Jason's Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jason's Princess »

I see. Thanks.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend | Just what you want to be, you will be in the end
And I love you
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Was it ever mentioned just how long a life span an Antarian has?

I mean Max,Isabel,Michael and Tess spent fifty years in their pods after the crash. So that's fifty years added to how ever old Kivar was when he took over.And if he's still a danger to them after all this time than people on Antar must live to an old age.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

killjoy wrote:Was it ever mentioned just how long a life span an Antarian has?

I mean Max,Isabel,Michael and Tess spent fifty years in their pods after the crash. So that's fifty years added to how ever old Kivar was when he took over.And if he's still a danger to them after all this time than people on Antar must live to an old age.
No, I think the canon is pretty quiet on this issue. Lots of fics have made things up, but there's a lot of things about the alien homeworld that the televised episodes stayed very quiet about. I think this is one of them.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Bubblegal
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my own little head where Roswell is still on and Max and Liz were never apart.

Post by Bubblegal »

During Second Season, was it ever mentioned or saw if Liz and Laurie has actually saw each other or came face to face with each other? I know Maria, MIchael, Max, Isabel, Jim have saw her, i pretty sure that Tess saw her, Alex was out at the time, did Liz ever meet Laurie?

Just interested.

Dani.
Dani's fics

"I have an irrational fear of Pingu the Penguin, it's not the plasticine that scares me, its the beak that's the abomination." Me to my friend.

'Found the Cosmos Maiden, she's a few stars short of a galaxy.' Rush Sykes - The Last Remnant
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Spacegal17 wrote:During Second Season, was it ever mentioned or saw if Liz and Laurie has actually saw each other or came face to face with each other? I know Maria, MIchael, Max, Isabel, Jim have saw her, i pretty sure that Tess saw her, Alex was out at the time, did Liz ever meet Laurie?

Just interested.

Dani.
Hmm. Well, Laurie was in four episodes - the entire hybrid chronicles arc.

To serve and protect - Laurie only appeared in the last bit, with Max, Isabel, Valenti, and the other emergency personnel.

We are family -- it's a little hard to sort it out from either side, but I'm pretty sure that they never come face to face. Jim calls Liz when he finds Laurie in his house, but doesn't mention her I think, just asks for Isabel.

in 'Disturbing behaviour' Maria, Michael, and Laurie leave Roswell very early on, and Laurie never comes back really, through the end of 'how the other half lives'. Liz stays in Roswell throughout those two episodes.

That would seem to cover it I think.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Gioia wrote:Hey guys,

If Max and Isabel started school in 3rd grade, they were clearly home schooled or tutored or something for a while because they were “6” when they came out of the pods, and they’re actually old for their grade. The assumption is that the Evanses kept their kids home for 3 years.
Who assumes that Max and Isabel were kept home for three years? I don't. He said he saw Liz for the first time on the first day of school in third grade. That doesn't mean it was the first time he was ever in school himself, just the first day in third grade. I'd always assumed he was in a different grammer school before that. He came on a bus that day so it's possible he'd been attending a different school, closer to his house, for the first two or three years of schooling.

jbangelo wrote:
harroc83 wrote:Can I ask a question I don't know if it was ever asked. ALright remeber the episode before 4 aliens and a baby, with the plane that crashed into Tess's UFO, anyway I know that Max and MIchael both went to the place that the UFO was being held. Max went as himself and MIchael somehow shapeshifted into that man that was in connection with the airforce that white man with the receding hairline. Since when could the aliens shape shift???? I know that was Michael because he had stolen that cone shape black thing that he was staring at, at the begining of 4 Aliens and a baby. So my question is how the hell did mIchael learn to shapeshift and why haven't the rest of them learned??Or maybe I lost my mind and forgot that they knew how to do that?
If I remember correctly (I could be wrong 'cause I haven't watched Crash in a while), I believe he didn't shapeshift - he was wearing a mask.

Michael can't shape-shift but he can 'change his appearance' -- as in, he's always going to be so tall and such, but he can change his hair color and stuff ... Nacedo showed him how in "The White Room" and he seemed to expect any of them to be able to do it. The Dupes, Rath and Vilandra" demonstrated this, too. I assume all of the Pod Squad have figured out how by the end of the show.
Last edited by isabelle on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Mt Gazer wrote:Does anyone know what time of year the Evans kids were found wandering in the desert?

Thanks.

Mt Gazer

Well, I've always gone by Tess's birthday figuring that Nacedo chose the birthday for her and he was there when she emerged right? Why wouldn't he use the actual date? ... Her birthday was May 7th, so I figure the other podsters came out late June or early May.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

cardinalgirl wrote:The deal with Langley is that he had to follow any direct order Max made... about Nasedo... well, I dunno, nothing said he did, but off the top of my head at least, I don't remember anything saying he didn't. Hope that helps some.

~Lisa
I think Nacedo had to obey Max, too, he was just really careful not to let it come up too often. Remember when Max got Liz from the Harding house? Nacedo wanted them to stay but when Max said he was leaving, Nacedo suddenly stopped pressing.

And in the hall of mirrors in "Max to the Max," Nacedo is arguing that Liz doesn't matter ... but later Max tells Nacedo to get Liz out of there and Nacedo does!, getting her out first before he goes back to find Max -- and by then it's too late.