Stolen Moments (UC,K/M,TEEN,1/1) [COMPLETE]

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Stolen Moments (UC,K/M,TEEN,1/1) [COMPLETE]

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Title: Stolen Moments
Author: Ruby
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or the poem; When We Two Parted.
Rating: Teen
Couple: Kyle and Maria
Timeline: Post The Departure
Summary: One shot, short, angst Maria and Kyle fic.
Thanks: Much hero worshipping to Serephinah, who beta read the story and a huge thank you to To_Kiss_A_Frog for the wonderful banner.
Author’s notes: Based on a challenge by GloryBlack. This story is inspired by the poem ‘When We Two Parted’ by Lord Byron. This story really didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to. I wanted it to be more depressing but I guess that I’m too much a happy person, lol. Sadly, I did not do either the poem or the challenge justice but I hope that you don’t find my attempt too tragic.

<center>Image</center>

It had started with a kiss.

A moment of blinding stupidity that had led to something that went beyond mere words. It was more then just physical attraction. It was more then just love. What they had was something different altogether, something that he had never thought possible. Something that was theirs and theirs alone.

On the 16th of November, his life changed forever in a matter of seconds. In a moment of blinding stupidity Kyle Valenti had kissed Maria Deluca and in that same moment she had stolen his heart. He hadn’t realized it then, he hadn’t realized it til it was too late.

<center>*** </center>

In secret we met -

“I missed you,” Kyle stated with a grin as he helped Maria climb through his bedroom window.

“You only saw me two hours ago.” Maria replied with a roll of her eyes but she couldn’t help smiling back at him, couldn’t prevent the little skip her heart gave as he pulled her closer. She cherished their stolen moments together more than she was willing to admit.

“I know but I couldn’t do this…” His blue eyes shined with mischief as he kissed the corner of her mouth, pulling her as close as humanly possible. “Or this…” He murmured, kissing the other corner of her mouth as his arms snaked around her waist. “And I most certainly couldn’t have done this…”

Maria squealed as Kyle squeezed her backside. “You are such a perv!”

“But that’s what you like about me, right?” He murmured against her neck as he breathed in her scent. She smelt of a combination of roses, cedar oil and something else that was distinctly Maria. She smelt heavenly.

“Hmm,” Maria agreed. She too distracted by the sensation of his lips against her skin to make a full sentence. Her left hand flirted through his hair while her right clutched onto him for support. He intoxicated her.

“What else do you like about me?” Kyle asked lowering her to his bed.

She looked up at him from the bed, her blonde hair falling softly around her shoulders as she raised an eyebrow questioningly, “Am I meant to be stroking your ego for the next couple hours?”

“Among other things.” Kyle smirked and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Sitting back onto the bed, he pulled Maria into his lap. “So Ms. Deluca, what else do you like about me?”

“That is one hard question.” She tapped her chin and pretended to think the question over before grinning. “I like that you are Kyle Valenti and that you make me feel like Maria Deluca. I like the way you smile and the way you kiss me. I like you because the last four months have been the greatest of my life.”

She leaned forward and tenderly brushed her lips against his before she leaned her forehead against his. “And I like you because I love you.”

“I like you because I love you too,” Kyle whispered before capturing her lips with a heart soaring passion that stole her breath away.

His hands moved in a feather light caress over her body, sending tingles of pleasure running down her spine. He murmured her name as if in prayer. Her body burned for more of him as she unbuttoned his shirt with shaky hands as she gave into the uncontrollable desire. The couple quickly become lost in the throes of passion, oblivious to the world that awaited them outside of that room.

<center>*** </center>

In silence I grieve

“Happy anniversary!” Maria stated, attacking Kyle with a hug.

“Huh?” Kyle asked, slightly dazed. She was wearing that pesky aqua bra again and Kyle found his thoughts so full of taking it off that he couldn’t focus on her words. He focused his eyes on her lips but that was no help either. All he could think about was kissing her.

“Its our six month anniversary.” Maria explained while Kyle, who had finally registered her words, scoffed with unconcealed bitterness.

“I don’t think that sordid affairs have anniversaries.”

She was taken back by the tone of his voice for a minute before moving towards him and resting a hand on his arm. “There’s nothing sordid about the way I feel about you Kyle.”

“There are three things that cannot be long hidden, the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Kyle stated, gripping her shoulders tightly. “And I’m fed up with pretending that I don’t love you,”

“Kyle…”

“Leave him.” Kyle begged. It was a desperate plea, one that made her heart ache with the unfairness of it all. “Leave Michael and be with me. I love you, Maria. I don’t want to keep lying about it anymore.”

“I can’t, Kyle.” Tears glistened in her eyes as she shook her head. “He gave up everything for me. I can’t abandon him, he needs me.”

‘I need you.’ The words were on the tip of his tongue. He needed her more than anything else in the world. She was a crucial part of his existence, she made him feel complete. He hadn’t realized what he had been missing in his life til the moment he kissed her and she kissed him back.

“I should go.” Maria said, filling the awkward silence in the room. She began to ramble, a sure sign of how nervousness. “I‘m meant to be covering for Liz at work and Jeff will have a fit if I‘m late again this week. I‘ll call you later, okay?”

He watched silently as she left. He knew that it was over.

A part of him had always been resigned to the fact that Maria was never going to be solely his. How could he compete with Michael? Granted, Michael could be a first-class jerk but he was also Maria’s first real love. His heart grieved silently with the realization of it.

<center>*** </center>

The dew of the morning
Sank chill on my brow—
It felt like the warning

Kyle,

I’ve never considered myself a coward. I’ve always prided myself on my ability to face whatever is thrown at me head on, be it human or otherwise. I never considered myself a coward til now. I thought that writing down my feelings would be easier but there is nothing easy about what I have to do.

I love you, Kyle. I love you more then you will probably ever know but I can’t be with you, I can’t give you want you deserve or need. I wish I could. I wish I had noticed you before the whole alien invasion or that you had noticed me instead of Liz. There are so many things I wish I could change but I can’t. I chose my path long ago and I can’t back away from it now, no matter how much I want to.

I know that sorry won’t cut it but I am sorry. I never wanted to hurt you, Kyle.

Love always,

Maria.

<center>***</center>

A shudder comes o'er me—
Why wert thou so dear?

“You’re leaving town.”

It was more of a statement than a question and the words hung heavy in the air. The packed suitcases should have been evidence enough of the choice she had made but he still needed to hear the words. The letter she had wrote him was crumbled in his hand. He had thought that he could accept the end. He had been wrong.

“I have to.” She said, her voice was barely a whisper.

“No, you don’t.”

“Kal Langley has offered Michael the chance of a lifetime and Michael wants me to go with him.” Maria said, her voice was hoarse from all the tears she had wept. Her normally laughing eyes were red and puffy. “We’re going to start a new life.”

“Does he love you or are you just convenient?” Kyle said harshly. In that moment he wanted to hurt her like she was hurting him. Couldn’t she see that she was tearing him apart? Didn’t she care that she was breaking his heart?

“You have to leave.”

“Tell me that you don’t love me.” Kyle ordered. “Tell me that the last six months meant nothing to you and I will leave.”

“Don’t make this any harder than it already is.”

“Tell me that you don’t love me.”

“Kyle, you have to leave. Please just leave.”

He was close now so close in fact, that she could feel his breath against her cheek. his fingers traced the fullness of her bottom lip and he repeated his cruel request.

“Tell me you don’t love me.”

She lunged forward into his arms and captured his lips in a kiss with a passion that was filled with sadness and lost hope. She melted into his embrace, knowing that this would the last time that he would ever hold her, the last time she would ever touch him like a lover instead of a friend.

“I love you, I love you, I love you.” She murmured pushing butterfly kissing over his face and neck. “I will always love you.”

“But this is goodbye?” Kyle asked, the fight draining out of him. He knew that he had lost her before he even had her.

She nodded, “Good bye, Kyle.”

<center>*** </center>

It had started with a kiss and ended much the same way.
Last edited by ~Ruby~ on Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.