Deceptive Appearences (MATURE/ADULT) *Kyle, Tess OPEN*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: Please excuse me if this sucks, I'm having major problems writing at the moment but am trying my best to force out some posts.

~Liz~

I can see that Max isn’t delighted by the plan to include Alex and Maria, but when it comes down to it, I don’t think that Michael and Isabel would stay quiet much longer even after they get the explanation, and I really don’t want to make Alex and Maria think that I don’t trust them…

I know that I haven’t told them the truth, won’t even be doing now, but I have my reasons for that, and none of them are anything to do with a lack of trust… There are the same reasons I hesitated to tell Max, that I’ve kept it from him for so long for starters – it doesn’t just involve me…

I also don’t want to put them in danger, and I’m hesitant to get them involved…

One day I do want to tell them all… They’re my friends and I don’t want to lie to them… But for today, I can’t… Ainsling and Serena have in the end been great about Max, but I can’t ask them to accept me telling the others as well…

I swallow and look at Max. We still need to actually sort the box for our explanation – I did mean to get up to my room hopefully before they turned up, but talking to Ainsling and Serena kinda quashed that idea. Instead, I guess we have to deal as we go, and I have no doubt that someone’s going to demand to see it… Of course if Max can deal with the box, I can do a quick spell to account for the diary as such… I don’t intend to remove it from it’s hiding place at all, but an illusion using a plain exercise book should be sufficient…

Taking another breath, I nod as Max says we should get moving. “Yeah…” I murmur a brief agreement, grabbing my own books and motioning to Alex that he should join us. He indicates that he’ll collect Maria, and follow us up in a minute and I nod slightly. I turn back to the others. “Okay, well Alex is going to follow us up…does anyone want another drink to take up with them, or are we good to go…?”
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: I know we have no Maria at the moment, but I thought that an introduction to Rance before I have the two of them head up and join the others wouldn't go amiss, hope you don't mind Storm

~Alex~

I notice Liz motioning to me as I begin to head over, and from what I can gather, we’re taking this meeting upstairs. I don’t know what this is about, but from the look on Michael’s face, I’m guessing it’s pretty major…

Liz and Max both have somewhat forced expressions too…I wonder what’s going on…? I shrug inwardly, deciding that there’s little point in wondering about it when I know that any questions I have are likely to be answered very shortly.

Noting that Maria is sat with some guy I don’t recognise, but guessing that she should probably be in on this too, I motion to Liz that I’ll follow them shortly and then head over to try and collect her. “Hey Maria…going to introduce me…?” I ask casually as I walk up.

She seems a little more reluctant than I might have expected, and I decide to take the intiative. I offer my hand to the guy she’s been sat with. “Hi, I’m Alex Whitman…” I introduce myself, hoping that I don’t sound as stupid as I feel. I’d love to know how she came to be sat with this guy as opposed to Michael… Or even how this guy came into it all in the first place…I know I haven't seen him around before...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

Isabel

When I saw Max and Liz approaching, I was literally on the edge of my seat. Half out of nervousness, and half out of wariness.

"Hey, Michael. Isabel," he says. He turns to Michael. "I know we need to talk. Let's go upstairs." Why the hell is he only looking and talking to Michael?!

"Isabel is coming with us too, Maxwell." say Michael solidly. "Right Izzy?" And I nod at that. "It's long overdo that we both get answers."

I feel thankful that Michael tells Max straight that I have to be in on it too. It hurts that my brother has just kept something very suspicious from me. Didn't he think that I might be worried for all our sakes? And the way Michael found out... -Max wouldn't have told him at all, if he didn't follow him.

"Fine. I was planning on sharing it with you anyway, Isabel. I was just hoping to tell you myself," Max shrugs in response. Half of me believes him. Max is a considerate person. He might have thought it through. But I'm not certain of that, because he could as well have been forced on the spot to have to tell me. And we've acted and lied all our lives about us. This might as well be some good acting to try and make me think that whatever they're about to tell me is nothing interesting.

"I think we ALL need to be included," Michael adds. I'm surprised, but then again, I've been surprised a lot lately.

"I don't know that this has to go farther than the four of us," Max said. He looks rather uncomfortable with the idea of telling the others about their little secret. Liz explained that it would probably be a better idea to tell the others, and Max finally agrees.

They gesture to Alex and he goes to get Maria, stopping in front of the mysterious stranger that I've noticed Maria has been talking to this whole time.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

So everyone, I think, trying not to let it show although I definately feel like sighing. Like with Isabel, I guess it probably will be best to tell Maria and Alex first hand, too, rather than letting them hear a version from Michael or Isabel. And if we tell them all at once, we won't have to worry about remembering the details and being certain we get it right.

Alex wasn't in on the alien secret the last time the diary went missing. He won't remember the incidents surrounding our cover story, but I'm sure he'll understand.

Wait! The box. I still have to make the decoy. I think I can manage that while everyone's on the balcony...

"Let's head on up, then," I say, trying to keep my voice natural. Afterall, I don't need Mr. Parker or Ms. Brennan thinking anything is up. I see that Alex is still with Maria and the stranger. I'm interested in knowing who that is, but I'm sure Alex will find out what we need, and we'll follow up as needed. As long as he's not some alien-hunter, then I'm sure it'll be fine. "I'm sure Alex and Maria will catch up in a minute. We'll wait for them on the balcony," I suggest.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

Max seems to ignore my offer of another drink, as do the others, but I think in truth everyone’s just a little tense… Isabel and Michael want answers, while Max and I just want to get this explaining over… I only hope our explanation for the box will work…

The box…
I feel my chest tighen as I realise we never managed to get upstairs to sort it. No doubt Michael is going to insist on seeing it again, and Alex will probably want to examine it too… There’s no way I can show them the actual box – not least because there’s no secret compartment for my diary – so we really need that ‘prop’. I only hope that Max will have time to be able to sort it if we can get Michael and the others out onto the balcony…

Luckily we do have the argument of needing the space given the whole group will be there, otherwise that could have been a major problem had Michael not wanted to leave my room…

I’m not sure whether Max has remembered the need for the box, but certainly if he can deal with that side, I have a blank exercise book in the closet that I can do a glamour spell on to make it appear like my diary to the others…

“Let’s head on up then…I’m sure Alex and Maria will catch up in a moment. We’ll wait for them on the balcony…”

I nod in response to Max’s comments, a little distracted now as I look over to where Alex is stood, watching the guy who Maria’s been sat with. I do wish I knew who he was…hopefully Maria or Alex can fill me in later though… There’s nothing about him that rings alarm bells at least, but then warlocks and such don’t exactly wear signs on their backs to point them out… I’d just feel happier somehow if I had seen him before…

Trying to push any worries away though, I tell myself that it’s fine… For now I have more important things to concentrate on like getting through this explanation with Max… I take a breath and nod again, moving towards the door which leads through to the back and hoping that the others will follow my lead… I just hope this is going to work…
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Liz wordlessly heads towards the back and the stairs up to her apartment. I start after her, checking once to see that Isabel and Michael are following us. Michael seems a bit distracted still by Maria and the guy she's sitting with, although he'd had plenty of time before to interupt that, I'd think. I guess he was too busy obsessing over what happened at lunch and how he was going to make sure I explained it all. I certainly hope the explanation works.

"Outside would be best," I say since we are far too many to be meeting in Liz's small bedroom when the balcony is so much bigger and more comfortable.

Liz in front and she opens the window before climbing out. I linger behind, wondering if I should quickly make something now, or just take care of it whenever I volunteer to come 'retrieve' it.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Rance~

I'm awaiting the response from the lovely younger girl across from me when I see some other teens looking around seemingly somewhat nervously. Thinking that maybe they are simply afraid to get caught hanging out together, because he knew he'd been liked that at one time, he simply focused back on Maria.

He sipped his drink and glanced up as a young boy approached. “Hey Maria…going to introduce me…?” The boy asks and I can't help but smirk when she seems reluctant. Women had always been a past time for me. I had yet to meet one that meant anything serious, well... not since one woman came and went from my life.

He reaches out a hand in greeting and I take it, shaking it firmly as he introduces himself. “Hi, I’m Alex Whitman…”

"Well, hello Alex. I'm Rance Conway. I've just moved into town and am in the process of opening a new business." I greet the boy. I think that perhaps this Maria might well have other uses besides the enjoyment of company and it appears from the look on one guy's face, I've helped make someone jealous.

I glance at Maria, "Well, it appears your friends and boyfriend have arrived, thus my attention is no longer required to dull the boredome from waiting. I'm certain that I'll run into you again, until then..." I reach for her hand and lift it to my lips, kissing the knuckles lightly, "Farewell, Maria."

Looking back at Alex, I smile as I comment, "Your friend has been dazzling company. Perhaps we'll have reason enough to run into each other again sometime."

(Michael up soon)
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

ooc: I know it's not much..... more getting caught up and such.....

~Michael~

“M-maybe he’s right…” Liz seems to concede, “Maria and Alex are likely going to find out about this sooner or later…isn’t it going to be better that happens now than later and them think we didn’t trust them or something…?”

"Okay, let's go then," Max agrees and I am a bit surprised at how easy that was as I glance once again over towards Maria and the stranger sitting with her.

"Let's head up to Liz's so we can get started."

“Yeah…” Liz murmurs and then motions to Alex who seems to give the idea that he'll be getting Maria and I watch him make his way over to the table where my girlfriend is sitting. “Okay, well Alex is going to follow us up…does anyone want another drink to take up with them, or are we good to go…?”

I shake my head, not needing anything to drink other then what I already have in my hands and wanting to get this over with. "Let's head on up, then," Max says, "I'm sure Alex and Maria will catch up in a minute. We'll wait for them on the balcony," he suggests.

As Liz leads the way, Max behind her I follow with Isabel at my side. I can't keep myself from glancing back with the urge to knock the guy out that was sitting with Maria. I know I could have said something, done something to break up that entire situation, but I'd been too busy waiting for Max to decide to open his mouth.

"Outside would be best," Max says as we make our way through her room and then out the window and onto the balcony.

I move to stand against the wall and keep my gaze focused on Liz and wait for Max to join us outside so that we can get this over and done and I can find out what the hell is going on with that guy with Maria. Frustrated, I speak out, "Can we get on with it already? Someone can fill the others in."
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

When everyone's back is to me as they're climbing out onto the balcony, I fall back and slip inside Liz's closet. There I see the box that was so much trouble for me and Michael earlier. I wish I hadn't let him come along, but I had no idea it would come to this.

I don't have much time, so I take a shelf from high in the closet that has almost nothing on it. Moving those items to the shelf below, I quickly fashion a box of the same size and shape as the enchanted one. I have no time to pretty it up to look the same or to make the compartment for the diary, but it's a start. I strip off the paint with my powers so at least it's the same color. I put the fake box on the shelf and raise the real one up to the back shelf where I can still use it as a reference later. I should be able to do the rest of the box alterations in a short time, but right now, I need to get out on the balcony.

Quickly moving to the window, I see Michael lounging against the wall looking extremely pissed off. This is not a good sign. "Can we get on with it already? Someone can fill the others in," he complains.

"Okay, okay," I say moving to the edge of the balcony where I can lean on the low wall. I glance into the alleyway quickly and see that there's nobody down there to overhear us. "I'll start by apologizing to Michael. I should have told him what this was about earlier, but I hadn't expected you to come along at all and as long as you were there ... It just seemed more realistic if you didn't know."

KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Alex~

Maria still seems reluctant to introduce me, but the man she’s with goes ahead and does it himself, shaking my head and volunteering his name. ‘Rance Conway’…the name doesn’t mean anything to me, but its nice to match a name to the face anyway…

He tells me that he he’s opening up a business here, not that I see what that has to do with us. Of course if it’s true, maybe it proves he’s not someone to worry about… We can’t be sure really though…we never can I guess…

I’m not completely sure how Maria ended up talking to him, but she seems pretty happy, and I’m sure she hasn’t missed the looks Michael has been shooting…apparently he really does care afterall…

Rance as he claims his name is apparently hasn’t missed them either, and he comments on this as he says it’s probably time for her to go, finishing the effect with a kiss on her knuckles. He tells me she has been dazzling company and I nod awakwardly, not really sure what to say.

I’m not sure if it’s just me over-reacting, but I can’t help thinking there’s something about him…

I shake my head mentally and then look back at Rance. “Well it was nice to meet you Mr Conway…but as you say, we really should be going…” I look over at Maria pointedly and she seems to get the message.

A few minutes later we’re heading up the stairs after the others, and we arrive outside Liz and Serena’s bedroom just as Michael and the others are heading out onto the balcony. Max seems to be holding back, but it doesn’t seem strange or anything and I presume he was just waiting for us. After seeing Maria out, I follow her, taking a seat on the wall and looking round, waiting to see if anyone is going to explain what is going on.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...