Deceptive Appearences (MATURE/ADULT) *Kyle, Tess OPEN*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

I'm glad it was right, thanks guys :)
~*AINSLING*~

So anyway Ainsling....what's this meeting about?

I smile at Serena's light banter and her disregard for typical high school things, while I try to find a way to prepare her for what's coming. I know she is going to be upset; scared and angry, and I feel like there might be something I could say that would make it easier- if only I could figure out what that was. It is going to be much harder for her to understand Liz's actions, and I fear she will be upset with me for not being angrier.

"Well, we need to talk - you and I and Liz. You guys are getting older and things are becoming more complicated, we need to figure out the best way to deal with that, and the best ways to maintain good communication. And - " I hesitate for a second before going on "- Liz has something to tell you".
The problem with changing the world is that it makes any life beyond that impossible...
Liz_Parker
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Liz_Parker »

~*Serena*~

"Liz has something to tell you".

I frown thinking at what those 6 words might mean. Is it a good thing to tell or a bad thing to tell.

"Is it something bad she has to tell me more something good?".

The Original Rivalry that we all love :)
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 24523.html

check it out if you wanna read it again, I did :)
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Michael~

As Isabel joins me in the eraser room, I close the door behind her and see to it that it's locked. Looking at her carefully, I wonder whether what I am going to say is going to surprise her. "Iz, Maxwell snuck into Liz's earlier and found a strange box that neither of us were able to open even with our powers."

There I'd said it, now to see just what she thought and find out what she might possibly know, if anything. I just know that I can't help but wonder why we weren't able to open that damn thing and if it was possible that it was created by someone that was able to counter-act our powers in some way.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC: I'm still nursing a cold and most of my writing just isn't coming out as I would like but this one is an exception ;). Hope people think it works.

~Liz~

As Max turns and pulls me into his body, I don’t try to resist. It’s unlikely that I would anyway given that it is Max, but even if I would, I just don’t have the energy to… I spend every day trying to fight back these tears, every day trying to appear strong and pretend that it doesn’t hurt.

Nancy is a good woman, but she’ll never replace my mother in my eyes. The way that people speak about her as though she were my mother does get to me sometimes, I have to admit. I understand why they do it… A murder so brutal wasn’t anything that people felt children should be exposed to, but the fact is I was… I was there when that demon attacked… I’ve never really spoken about it, but I saw my mother fall for the last time and knew then, however young I was, that she wasn’t going to get up again.

Serena was out with dad and Grandma Claudia…it was unusual but I hadn’t been very well so I stayed behind with our mother. We were baking in the kitchen when there was a noise. To me it almost sounded like an explosion and to this day I don’t know exactly what caused it, but I think my mother did… Her immediate reaction was to tell me to hide, and stay out of sight. At her behest I did exactly that but when I heard a further noise, I peeked out and that was when I saw it… I’d already heard about magic before then…nothing proper, just the statement that it was real I guess. Serena and I were due to begin learning about it soon after, but I had never seen a demon until that day… I have to say, that since that day I have never seen anything of the like either. All the demons and warlocks I have killed, I have never yet come across one of the type that killed my mother.

Part of me wonders what I might do if I did you know… Of all the fighting I do…we do…I have never been as scared as I was that day. I watched my mother fall and just felt so helpless. When the demon shifted out, I ran over to where she lay but it was already too late. I pulled at her hand, cried and pleaded with her to get up and answer me, but it was no good.

In truth I don’t even know if my father knows I saw it all… He found me there a little later, just sitting with her quietly. I was holding her hand and I looked up at him before asking him to wake her up… One look around the room told him something of what had happened I guess, plus the state of her body… He pulled me tight to his chest, blocking my mother from my view and picked me up. He buried his face in my hair and kissed me before telling me everything would be alright and taking me away from the scene. It couldn’t be though, and it never would be…my mother was dead, nothing would change that.

From that day to this, any crying I have done has been in private. In public I have been strong, supported my sister and refused to let my feelings show. That’s not to say that I haven’t cried though…I have wept myself to sleep silently more times than I would like to remember… There have been times when I’ve been helping out in the kitchen, and been cutting onions, when the tears I have been shedding have been far more than those caused by the fumes… There have been times when I have crept away at school to find an abandoned classroom, somewhere where I can let out my tears without the fear of being seen by someone else. Until today, I have never broken down in front of another person though, or not so that they know I have done anyway…

Still, with Max, I don’t feel so weak for letting it out… The feeling of his arms around me, his hands on my back, they speak of so much care and attention, and I can honestly say I have never felt so loved… After another few minutes though, I begin to fight to bring my emotions under control again, to use the mask I am so used to wearing, and to lock all this away again. As I do this, I pull back gently and look up at Max.

Just looking into his eyes I can see the conflict. I know that he’s probably wondering whether to ask anything more, unsure whether I can handle it, but I can also see that there is more he wants to know, and for this reason I look up, meeting his gaze.

“I’m so sorry, Liz. I didn’t want to upset you, I should have realized this would be a hard thing to talk about…”

His tone is so gentle and I know that he means every word. In truth though, he has nothing to be sorry about. I shake my head softly. “It’s ok…it was something that was always going to come up at some time…I’m not saying you’re not right, and that it’s not hard to talk about, but I know that you needed to know and I guess I needed to tell you…” I chew my lower lip and lapse into silence as I wait to see if he will ask anything more.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

~*AINSLING*~

Is it something bad she has to tell me more something good?"

'Well, I think that will really depend on you. I think it's a good thing, and I think in the long run it could be an even better thing, but I'd much rather Liz tell you though. Why don't we just go in?'
The problem with changing the world is that it makes any life beyond that impossible...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

Liz finally gets control of herself and leans back to look at me. The connection between us blurs partly to life and I can almost feel it as she hides her emotions behind a facade of normalcy. It's something I recognise as well as my own name.

I want to tell her no, that she doesn't need to hide, but I understand it too well. As she had huddled in my arms, her feelings were so intense that I couldn't help but get a few flashes. A little Liz kneeling on the floor beside her dead mother. Crying herself to sleep. I didn't see what happened, but I know it was horrible. Not just from Liz's earlier words, but from the feelings and overtones in the brief flash. She'd seen something unspeakable. It broke my heart to see this tiny slice of the deep pain she's carrying every day.

Now, she's adopted an almost normal mask now, although she's still trembling slightly from the memorires that I so thoughtlessly brought to her mind. “It’s ok…it was something that was always going to come up at some time…I’m not saying you’re not right, and that it’s not hard to talk about, but I know that you needed to know and I guess I needed to tell you…” she says.

I nod, thinking I almost understand but I think there's a lot more to her words than I can guess. She needed to tell me, she says. As hard as it obviously was, it does help for me to know and for her to know that I know. I lean in, kissing her on the forehead, still holding her as close as I can.

"Thanks for telling me, then. You can talk to me about this anytime. I'll be happy to listen, if that will help you." I tell her, unsure of what to say. I want to ask more about her mom and about what I saw, but I'm sure this is not the time. Maybe Ms. Brennan and Serena will explain more, later, about this and other things. I decide to continue on a slightly different topic. "Who else knows about this then? Not Maria or Alex, I know. But your dad? Your step-mom? Are there others like the three of you here in Roswell?"
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

Isabel

I watch Michael secure the door to the eraser room and wait for him to say something. It looks like he's carefully thinking of which words he is to say.

"Iz, Maxwell snuck into Liz's earlier and found a strange box that neither of us were able to open even with our powers.", he finally said.

I frown. A strange box? In Liz's room? They snuck in?...They couldn't open it with their powers?!

Immediately, I feel myself going into some sort of panic mode. I can hear myself saying, "Anything alien-related in that box?...Why was it in Liz's room?..." and blurting, "You said that you went to her house earlier. Why didn't you take me along?!"
Liz_Parker
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Liz_Parker »

~*Serena*~

I nod at Ainsling and we start walking in the room but I notice Liz huddling to Max....I frown to myself. She can't be getting to close to him. I've warned her about that, we can't afford to fall in love.

I clear my throat and step in. "Hey Liz...Max, what's up?".

KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

I feel Max kiss me on the forehead and all I can do is sink back into his arms, searching for the peace I so often find there.

“Thanks for telling me then. You can talk to me about this anytime. I’ll be happy to listen, if that will help you…”

If anyone else told me that, my response would be to think that they couldn’t be further from the truth…that talking about it is the last thing I need to do. I deal by locking this away, pretending on the outside that it never happened… Yet with Max, I know that I will open up further…

“Thanks…that means a lot…”

Right now isn’t the place though…Alinsling and Serena could come in at any moment and as much as I think I might finally have found someone I will talk to about this, with Serena and Ainsling this is definitely still an ix nay subject. Serena doesn’t need to hear it brought up, and neither of them are going to see me lose it as I know I will if I have to speak about what happened. It’s all buried so deep down, I never thought anyone would be able to find it and draw it out…but apparently there is one person…

Max falls silent and I know that he’s not certain what to say next… Is it really surprising? How do you react when your girlfriend…wow that sounds so good to still be able to say that…anyway, when your girlfriend comes out and says that her mother is dead and more than that, she didn’t just die, she was killed… I don’t know how he’ll cope with it if I do open up finally…to hear what I saw…

“Who else knows about this then? Not Maria or Alex I now, but your dad? Your step-mom? Are there others like the three of you here in Roswell?”

I can see that he’s trying to shift the subject onto something a little less upsetting perhaps and I smile, grateful for that. I take a moment to think and then turn to him to answer. “My dad knows…I don’t really know if Nancy does…” He referred to her as my step-mom…how strange does that sound…? It’s exactly what she is, but I’ve never called her that…people call her my mom, and usually I call her Nancy… “I don’t think so…dad’s always been so reluctant to accept the fact of what we are…he’s had such a desire for us to be normal, I tend to think he’s probably spent the last eight or nine years coming up with excuses for all the supernatural occurrences she’s been in the middle of…” I shake my head “It’s amazing what people will turn a blind eye to…” I’m about to continue by addressing his final question… It’s amazing how similar this is to the conversation we had after the shooting…only the roles are reversed of course… Just at that moment though, I feel my blocks come crashing down and hear the door open. I break off from what I’m saying and look round, knowing even before I see who it’s going to be.

Serena and Ainsling are walking into the room and I notice the way that my sister is looking at me.

“Hey Liz…Max, what’s up…?”

I swallow and pull away from Max slightly, although I don’t fully leave his arms, as I face my sister. “Hey Serena…how’s your day been…?” I know that I’m avoiding answering her question, and I know that I’m going to have to tell her what I did this afternoon in a moment, but for now I just need a few more minutes…
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Liz_Parker
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Liz_Parker »

~*Serena*~

"It was ok I guess....but this meeting is in the way of my meeting with this guy from the gym class beside mine...so, what's going on?", I ask crossing my arms and giving Liz a stern look. She may be older then me but I'm still just as smart. She can play mother as much as she wants but one of us has to stay out of ga-ga land to focus on everything.

I sit down on a nearby table and look at my sister again. "What's going on Liz?".