Deceptive Appearences (MATURE/ADULT) *Kyle, Tess OPEN*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

I'll post now... :wink:
~~~

Isabel

I'm walking down the halls, trying to get to my next class, when I spot Max, Michael, and Liz standing a few feet away.

They seem to be talking about something, and they didn't notice me standing there and watching.

I caught Michael saying, “Maxwell, we need to talk…”

And by the tone he was using, it sounded pretty serious, -maybe even alien-related. If it is, I wonder why they didn't wait for me...

I'm going to try and investigate, so I walk over to them and call out. "Hey, what's going on?" , while not trying to sound too suspcious or worried.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

Can thing get worse? I'm trying to disentangle from Michael and Isabel has to come and join in. "Nothing at the moment," I say when she asks what's up.

I sure hope Michael remembers that I asked him not to talk about our trip with Isabel until after I'd had a chance to figure out what was going on. But even if he doesn't, she's bound to wonder what was on Michael's mind. Now I have to come up with two stories. Damn. I hate lying to them. They're my best friends in the world. My brother and sister. I'll have to figure out something that's as much truth as possible - just leaving out what Liz really is.

"Liz and I have to go see the Physics teacher and we're already late." I can see Liz's slight nod and wide eyes. I'm sure she's worried about keeping Ms. Brennan waiting. "I'll see you guys when we're done there," I promise.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

OOC; I hope that this works for you guys, struggling for what to put so this is the best I can come up with since I'm fast running out of time before work officially starts and I lose access to the internet until I get back to the house this evening.

~Liz~

Just as I think that we’re going to be able to get away, and make it to our arranged meeting with Ainsling, albeit quarter of an hour late, Isabel appears and walks up. Immediately she asks what’s up and I can’t help feeling like groaning. All I want to do is get this meeting over and done with…The fact that we’re already late isn’t going to help Ainsling’s mood as it is…

Max tries to put the two of them off, repeating our need to go to this meeting with the Physics teacher and I just hope that they won’t raise any objections. I nod in agreement once more and just hope it’s not too obvious that something else is going on… Is it my imagination or is Michael looking at me strangely…? I shake my head, dismissing it as being ridiculous… I mean why would he be doing that…I’m just Liz to him. Just some human who knows his secret whether he likes it or not…

I swallow a little nervously as I look over at the clock. Fifteen minutes and counting… How many times have I been late for practice because of some demon or warlock… People think it’s strange how much punctuality means to me but I think that’s something to do with the things that go through my head if someone is late. What might have happened to them…an accident…an attack… I know that Ainsling is already likely to be thinking these things and I hate the fact that she might be worrying.

I look over at first Michael and then Isabel. “Max is right…we really should be going…see you guys later…” I tell them as Max motions for us to start walking again. No arguments so far from them…I note, so far so good...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"Later," I repeat my promise. I put my arm around Liz's shoulder as we walk away. Please don't try to stop us. I plead, silently. It's not far to the Physics Lab. I hope we can get inside before they decide to press the issue and come after us.

We turn the corner and I see the door to Ms. Brennan's class. Once we're inside, I don't think they'll try to interupt. I can't see Isabel and Michael any more. But I know when I do, it's not going to be easy.... I can certainly understand why Liz told Maria about me, although I know it was more than that. If it was just a question of not keeping a secret from a friend, she would have told Maria about being a witch, too. She only told to protect me. I'm part of her secret now, and I guess I have to share her frustration at having to lie to her closest friends....

"Hello Ms. Brennan. Sorry we're late," I tell her as Liz and I finally get there. Now, I have a whole different challenge, but I think I can handle it. If this meeting is not about magic, I'll be fine. If it is... well, I just hope she can see how much I truly care about Liz. That she can trust me. I know it will be a lot easier on Liz if Ms. Brennan gives her permission for me to know. It'll be one less secret she has to keep.

Liz lingers at the door for just a moment and I wonder if she's spelling the door, or just shutting it. I pretend not to notice and go forward to take a seat.
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

Isabel

I watched as Max and Liz walk away from me and Michael. Something is really starting to bug me. Is it just me, or were they a little uneasy there?

And why were they in such a hurry? -I mean, I know that they love physics and all that, but they seem a little more driven to learn today, than any other day.

"Michael," I say as I turn towards him. "Anything you want to share about what just went on?"
M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

~*AINSLING*~

As Max and Liz walk through the door, almost 15 minutes late, I jump off the desk and go to them.

Hello Ms. Brennan. Sorry we're late Max says as Liz seals the room.

'Where have you been? Are you alright?' As Liz joins us I look her over carefully.

'Liz? What happened? Did something...come up? I'm trying to understand why you are almost a quarter of an hour late, and I know you must have a very good reason because otherwise I know you would have been on time. So? Where have you been?'
The problem with changing the world is that it makes any life beyond that impossible...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I hear Ms. Brennan start to ask Liz about our tardiness. I feel like she's being interogated when we were both equally late. I feel bad, knowing I got her in trouble with her teacher.

"It's my fault," I interupt her. It really was my fault since the majority of the delay was due to our conversation in the Eraser Room. But I leave that out as I continue, "We ran into a couple of my friends on the way over here and I wasn't able to get out of that conversation quickly enough." I glance at the floor, accepting the blame.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

Max pushes open the door to the classroom and we walk inside together. Immediately we enter, I see Ainsling slip down from the desk on which she’s been perched and I don’t even have to look at her to know she’s been worried.

“Hello Ms. Brennan, Sorry we’re late…”

I can’t help smiling as Max apologises. He steps forward to take a seat and I hang back for a moment, just whispering a quick spell to make sure firstly that we don’t get disturbed, and secondly that anyone outside won’t be able to hear what’s going to be said.

Not that Ainsling won’t have put up her own blocks if she wants to talk about what I think she does, but still…I guess she’s taught me well…

The simple thought makes me smile again and as I finish my spell I walk over and rejoin Max. I feel him slip my hand into mine and squeeze it and know that he’s trying to assure me that he’s there. You know what, it works too…whatever this meeting is about, I know it’s going to be ok because we’re together…

I’ve always hated lying to my friends…more than anything I want to be able to tell them about me, tell them the truth about all the unexplained absences Serena and I have had from school… To tell them why I’m so picky with what I wear… I have to be careful so that they don’t see the scars my ‘destiny’ has left me with… Remembering this I can’t help feeling a little nervous. Max knows about me now sure, but is he prepared for all that brings with it…?

Pushing these thoughts to the back of my mind, I concentrate on Ainsling as I boost myself up onto the table next to Max.

“Where have you been? Are you alright?”

I nod and open my mouth to speak but apparently she’s not finished yet.

“Liz? What happened? Did something…come up…? I’m trying to understand why you are almost a quarter of an hour late, and I know you must have a very good reason because otherwise I know you would have been on time… So…Where have you been?”

She looks at me and I feel so guilty. I know exactly what she means by ‘something…’ she means a demon attack… Too many times that has indeed been the reason and knowing that she’s been worried when I’ve simply been delayed because of talking to friends simply makes me feel awful. I look down. “Not exactly…sorry…”

Before Ainsling can respond, Max interrupts, taking the blame on himself. “It’s my fault…we ran into a couple of my friends on the way over here and I wasn’t able to get out of that conversation quickly enough…”

I smile, thinking how sweet he is and squeeze his hand as I see him look down. I look back at Ainsling. “I’m sorry you were worried…we tried to get here as soon as we could and as you can see we’re fine…and this is as much my fault as Max’s…we’re sorry though…”
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
M
Addicted Roswellian

Post by M »

~*AINSLING*~

I breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that they are ok and that the only delay was a few friends. I wish that was what the delay was every time, if only their lives could be so simple

'It's alright, I was just worried, that's all.'

They look at each other like I've dissapeared and I take the opportunity to take a good look at Max Evans, the boy Liz say's she's given her heart to. He's tall, and he seems sturdy, like he can withstand the ups and downs this relationship will bring them, it isn't so much his physical build that gives that impression, but more his demeanor, like he has enough passion to deal with fire, and enough patience to wait for ice to melt. I decide that I think I like him.

I pull a chair over to where Liz is sitting on a desk and sit in it, smiling, waiting for them to come back to reality and notice me again.
The problem with changing the world is that it makes any life beyond that impossible...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

As Liz slides her hand into mine, I feel a little thrill in my heart. She makes everything whole and right. However this meeting ends, I'm sure it's going to be fine, as long as we're together.

She immediately tries to share the blame, but I hope Ms. Brennan isn't mad at her. Sure, she's my physics teacher, too, but she's much more to Liz.

I look at Liz, smiling, so glad to have her near me, as always. For a moment, I'm lost in her eyes, but I force myself to remember where we are, and why. Squeezing Liz's hand, I sit beside her and turn back to Ms. Brennan.

"What did you want to see us about?" I ask.