When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: My Turn

Post by cardinalgirl »

Sel, these exact issues were dealt with a couple pages ago... here's Tas' wonderfully helpful info from there! :wink:
Tasyfa wrote:
Mt Gazer wrote:Does anyone know the name of Maria's father? What age she was when he left? Reasons for his leaving, etc...

Also how young was Amy when she had her???
MICHAEL: Because you let me see you. The red sneakers, Maria. One had a Kermit patch on it, and the shoelaces were blue, and you had your dalmatian dog with you there, licking off your tears. And I saw a whole bunch of other stuff as well. Was I right?

MARIA: Yeah. Um...that dog died when I was, like, 7. Right after my father left.
-----
From the Crashdown's transcript of Sexual Healing. :) I don't believe there was ever any mention on *why* her father left. I remember that there were vague spoilers floating around about the possibility of having him return to Roswell as an FBI agent and use Maria to get close to the pod squad, so I think they probably left it wide open very deliberately.

As for how old Amy was, she makes reference to her being young but an age is not mentioned. However, in Heat Wave, she talks about the Sheriff having arrested her when she was 18, and since his explanation has to do with how cute she was, I'm guessing that was still pre-pregnancy/wedding. ;)

Hope that helps!
hugs, Tas
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Another question! BTW Thanks cardinalgirl and Tasyfa! I should've checked! D'oh!

Kyle... (probably also mentioned) how old when his mom left? Any reasons why?

Sheriff and Amy... did he arrest her more than once? Have they always been friends? What's the history with them?
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hahaha... this was also in that post by Tas... Kyle was 6 when Michelle left—the Jim says it in Wipeout when he's recalling that Kyle lent him his Mr. Squishels for the night so he wouldn't have to sleep alone (Aw, six years old and already a sweetie! lol)

And it's implied that he only arrested Amy once, when she was protesting the demolition of a "a 200-year-old piece of Native American architecture...raping our town of its history" (Heat Wave) She's held a grudge against him since then because she was only 18 and out of all the people he could have arrested he picked her... which we find out with her on HW that it's because he thought she was cute...

Then they realize they have a bond... both single parents whose respective spouses left them (though in Wipeout it's hinted that Amy never married Maria's dad—she calls her mother's mother Grandma Deluca) and who are now having problems communicating with their respective children...

They go on skirting around a relationship (he's too busy with work, etc) this lags until Valenti gets fired and Amy comes to help him bounce back from his funk (can't remember the ep...?) Things look promising, then the disaster of S2 happens (Alex dying and Tess being blamed for it) and by S3 the authors kind of forget Amy existed....

Hope that helps! :wink:
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

Okay, completely random question here...and it might have already been answered, but I'm really ADD and looking through all these pages about made my eyes cross, lol. So I'm posting and hoping Tas or someone can help me out here. :?

Okay...how tall is Shiri Appleby? Anybody know?? Bueller? Bueller?? I imagine her around 5'5" or shorter, probably shorter...but if anyone actually KNOWS I'd be really thankful, lol.

Okay, carry on with the important questions now. :mrgreen:

hugs, Lindsay
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Applebylicious wrote:Okay...how tall is Shiri Appleby? Anybody know?? Bueller? Bueller?? I imagine her around 5'5" or shorter, probably shorter...but if anyone actually KNOWS I'd be really thankful, lol.

Okay, carry on with the important questions now. :mrgreen:

hugs, Lindsay
About three different websites, including her biography on IMDB, list 5'3" :)
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Mt Gazer wrote:What is the IMDB?

You keep mentioning it.... I don't know what it is, and could you provide a link?

Thanks.

Mt Gazer
Omigawd, there's someone on the 'net who hasn't heard of the internet movie database? :wink:

Just kidding... it's one of the coolest websites ever for television shows and movies though... http://www.imdb.com/ Entries for all kinds of shows, films, actors and other people, fully hyperlinked... polls, trivia, nitpicks... do I really need to go on typing?

Just click on the link and start exploring. Try out the 'search' box near the top left of the homepage particularly.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Ladeia3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ladeia3 »

I went looking to see if I could find out how tall the actresses/actors were. This is what I found. (btw.. these were all found using google.com and going to various sites that came up. I do not claim these numbers are their real heights only what is commonly listed on various sites.)

Shiri Appleby 5'3"
Katherine Heigl 5'9"
Emilie De Raven (most sites list her as unknown but one site listed her as 5'4" but I have no idea if that is correct or not.)
Majandra Delfino 5'4"

Jason Behr 6'0"
Brendan Fehr 6'2" (Although some sites list him as just 6' or 6'1")
Colin Hanks 6'1"
Nick Weschler 5'7"

I don't know if the characters they played were supposed to be a different height or not.
Kristy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Kristy »

Hey, question: Is there really a Tumbleweed Inn on Roswell? It is mentioned in several fics, but is this just something that caught on or was it really mentioned in the show?

Thanks a bunch!
Kristy

"How long before he stops doing that?" "The world may never know...."
-Asami and Ira
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

The Tumbleweed Inn is from the episode Blood Brothers, when Michael, Maria, and Isabel follow the FBI guy to his motel room and then find out that he's working with Topolsky. Actually, from this picture on Crashdown.com, it looks like it's the Tumbleweed Motel, more precisely, but details, details... lol
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Actually, the Tumbleweed is (also? not sure of BB) from The Convention, when Max tells Jonathan Frakes that he will move him to the Tumbleweed to fix the suite problem. :)
hugs, Tas
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins