Romance Novels, Any One Else Have This Guilty Pleasure?

Trade your favorite books and authors here!

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Starlight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Starlight »

Lisette: Were just doing it because we are running out of books to read! We are so attatched to them we have read soo many we are out of authors to read.... or we thought we were! Half of those authors we didn't know about!! Thank-you sooooooooooooo much!!!
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Oh I haven't been here in ages! And I come back to find so many wonderul books being mentioned!

Right now I seem to be on a Nora Roberts craze :lol: I can't get enough of her books, especially the trilogies! I love the Three Sisters trilogy and the Concannon Sisters one as well! I just love reading about how one character is doing in the very next book! :D

I've been meaning to read a Julie Garwood and Amanda Quick book bbut I don't know which one to start with. Any recommendations?
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
Lisette
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lisette »

FallenMagic
I like more of Amanda Quick’s older books, most are still readily available though.
Seduction, Reckless, Dangerous, Ravished, and Scandal are all good. Surrender and Deception (my first) are particular favorites of mine. She has a new one coming out this month too, The Paid Companion, that looks interesting as well.

I’m not a big Garwood fan myself. She’s a fine writer, her style is just a little too slow for me.

Lisette
Check out my style column Dear Miss Style
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dear_Miss_Style
starlady
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by starlady »

LOL!

I love the Garwoods and could easily pass on the Quick novels!

My favorite Garwood is The Secret but I could easily read The Bride and The Wedding over and over again.
I don't like her contemporary novels, though. I bought her whole backlist and the three cont. were flatliners for me.

I've read about 4-5 Quick novels (all in audio tape) and have never given them more than a C+. I hate the person that reads the tapes, so it could be that. :?

~S
Visit My Reading Blog: Reading Journal
Visit HoshiDreams' Anime Blog: HoshiDream's Anime
starlady
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by starlady »

Oye! Lis you have compiled a great list of Authors!

I would add just a few;
Susan Krinard (Paranormal)
Sherrilynn Kenyon (Paranormal)
Connie Mason
Jane Feather
Nicole Jordan
Robin Schone
Diana Gabaldon (Paranormal/Highlander)
Karen Marie Moning (Paranormal/Highlander)
Janet Chapman (Paranormal/Highlander)
Stella Cameron
Betine Krahn
Catherine Anderson
Carly Phillips (Contemp)
Lori Foster (Contemp)
Cheryl Holt

I think that's it for now, since you have most of my other favorites on your original list.
There is definitely not enough space here to sing the praises of these great authors, so I'll leave it at that.

~S
Visit My Reading Blog: Reading Journal
Visit HoshiDreams' Anime Blog: HoshiDream's Anime
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

FallenMagic wrote:Right now I seem to be on a Nora Roberts craze :lol: I can't get enough of her books, especially the trilogies! I love the Three Sisters trilogy and the Concannon Sisters one as well! I just love reading about how one character is doing in the very next book! :D
Have you read her Chesapeake Bay series? That is one of my all time FAVES! :D Her writing is incredible... her dialogue is amazing. Sigh...

I totally agree about her Three Sister's trilogy, as well. My fave had to be Heaven and Earth. Mac was sooo sexy, hahaha! That scene in the gym... ooh momma!

I liked the Concannon sister's, too. My fave of that series was definitely Born in Shame. I want Muuuurphyyy! :lol:

Hugs,

Linds
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

I've been dying to get my hands on the Chesapeake Bay series! Only I reuse to start reading it until I find the first book of the series! It keeps alluding me :lol:

And ohhh Mac! *sigh* I have to agree, there's just something about him and his sexy geeky aura! And I loved the gym scene! Ripley had him in her hands! :wink:

In the concannon sister I love Murphy too! Man the guy makes me hot. But I like Gray also! Sigh I just loved how he came back for Brianna! That scene had me sighing!

Have you read her book Genuine Lies? It's so different from her usual style but I loved it as well!
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

FallenMagic wrote:I've been dying to get my hands on the Chesapeake Bay series! Only I reuse to start reading it until I find the first book of the series! It keeps alluding me :lol:
Um... I know you can find Sea Swept at amazon.com... oh, do you read ebooks? You can download it from amazon and then read it right then if you have Microsoft Reader or Adobe Reader. Barnes and Noble should carry it in paperback... or they did when I bought it. LOL.
FallenMagic wrote:And ohhh Mac! *sigh* I have to agree, there's just something about him and his sexy geeky aura! And I loved the gym scene! Ripley had him in her hands! :wink:
He IS such a sexy geek! God, I was holding my breath that whole scene where she tried to break up with him. He's all, "Well, you idiot, I'm in love with you too." LMAO! :D And when they kissed the first time and she walked into the door. AHAHA! Definitely my fave couple... tra la la...
FallenMagic wrote:In the concannon sister I love Murphy too! Man the guy makes me hot. But I like Gray also! Sigh I just loved how he came back for Brianna! That scene had me sighing!
Yeah, Gray was a cutie too. I liked when the guys all got drunk at Maggie and Brianna's uncle's wedding. Sooo typical... :wink:
FallenMagic wrote:Have you read her book Genuine Lies? It's so different from her usual style but I loved it as well!
Is that the one with Julia and Paul? If so, yeah I read that and whooaa momma! Paul was so sexy! But when AREN'T her male characters hot as hell? Mmm...

Another good series by her is her other Irish Trilogy... Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Ocean. Hell, I could sit here all day and spout of Nora Roberts titles! :lol: I'll just say anything by her is worth reading.

Hugs,

Linds
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Applebylicious wrote:Hell, I could sit here all day and spout of Nora Roberts titles! :lol: I'll just say anything by her is worth reading.
I'll second that! Fabulous writer! And I read one book only of the Irish trilogy (well...mostly all of her stories are based in Ireland...I've come to conclude that Irish men are hot :lol: )

And yes Genuine Lies is the one and the same with Julia and Paul!

Thanks for the help in letting me know where to find the books. Though since I don't live in the States, I don't have the wonderful bookstore heavan commonly known as Barnes and nobles lol.

But I will check out Amazon! Thanks! :D
Ms. Anonymous
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ms. Anonymous »

Ok I'm sorry people for just bursting in this way but... I was reading this topic and couldn't resist butting in. I've been a romance fiene since I was... 14. I know... young. My favorite romance authors would be:

1. Linda Howard- I have most of all her books. She is a page turner. I wish I could say more except for she's very, very good.
2. Nora Roberts- I also loved her Irish trilogy. I'm very protective of those babies, lol
3.Jennnifer Crusie- I loved her first book. And for that I will forever be a loyal fan
4. Susan Andersen- one of the first books I've read. She's good
5. Teresea Medieros- Hilarius books. I love her
6. Lori Foster- her books are very steamy
7. Julie Garwood- Also funny but not as funny as Teresea Medeiros. She kind of impressed me at first.
8. Rachel Gibson- Her books are okay
9. Jackie Collins- I've only read one of her books but she has me hooked
10. Johanna Lindsey- if you like historical novels, she's the one to read

That's it. I'm stopping here. I'm sorry guys just ignore me. I couldn't resist :)
Last edited by Ms. Anonymous on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.