Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Mature) Chap 19/pg-6~Aug-10th Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Twist of Fate (AU,M/L,Mature) Chap 19/pg-6~Aug-10th Complete

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

**Thanks to Onarek for the beautiful banner **

Title: Twist Of Fate

Author:LovinGuerin2much (Dont let the name fool you, I'm a rare mix of Stargazer/Candy/Dreamer) 8)

Rating Mature

Couplings: M/L- CC - A/U- ALIENS

Disclaimer: Dont own anything. :|

Summary: Max Evans is a orphan that was not adopted by the Evans.

Liz Parker is the daughter of a VERY rich and powerful business man. (Jeff Parker)

This fic is about finding what you never knew you wanted, and how a simple event can change your life...

Authors Note: Im having a awsome time writing this, and actually have been too scared to post it.. LOL.. so hope you guys enjoy it, Feedback is a wonderful thing, so please feel free to tell me what you think.. :D

Special thanks to Crashdown_51, and IceQueen for there awesome support and endless patience.

<center>Part 1</center>

As Max Evans finished clearing up the bar, he walked over and began picking up his tips from one of the many tables inside the Windom Inn Hotel; He rolled his shoulders and neck as he headed back towards the employee kitchen area.

It had been a tiring night; he rolled his eyes as he remembered the countless times that his ass had gotten a pinch or a caress from women of all ages. He waitered for parties as a side job for when he wasn’t writing.

His passion was to be a novelist, to create worlds where he could escape what he was, what he couldn’t change no matter how many cities he lived in or how many times he just picked up and moved to another state.

His last move was the biggest yet. He had moved from New York City to the beautiful island of Hawaii. There was no family that would miss him he was alone and he always thought “Why stay in one place, might as well see the world and travel.”

He untied the black apron from around his waist and placed it on a hook in the kitchen closet. He pushed back the long black hair that seemed to cover his eyes at all times as he grabbed his back pack and headed out towards the entrance/exit for employees.

It was a beautiful night he thought as he decided to take a quick walk on the beach before going home. He stood there staring up at the midnight blue sky and wondered if one of those stars was the planet that he came from. He had asked himself that so many times.

It was so hard knowing that you were different, that you weren’t even human. He knew he was different since the time when he was 5 years old and one of the many foster parents that he would have over the years told him that he couldn’t save his dog that had been ran over by a truck as it tried to follow him to school.

They shook there heads and laughed at him as he told them that he could save Skippy “Max your going to be late for school.” And pushed him out the door as they ignored what he had said.

He didn’t listen to them that day, he slowly crept around the house to where his foster dad had laid Skippy down, he wasn’t moving, he wasn’t even breathing, Max didn’t know this though at the time. All the five year old little boy could think was he needed to help his only friend, he ran his little hands over the dog’s body. He didn’t know what he was doing, but it was almost second nature, his hands emitted a soft white light as the open cuts on Skippy’s body began to merge and close and his little furry tail began to wiggle in delight at having his owner so near.

Max sat back on his heals and smiled as he watched Skippy get up and run away. He didn’t know how he did it, but it worked and he wasn’t going to be alone anymore he thought with a smile as he dusted off his hands and began the walk to school.

Max was brought back to the present when he heard someone shout. He turned his head and could see a bonfire that was set up partially covered by a sand dune not too far away from where he was standing. He smiled as he thought that it was young lovers sharing a night on the beach, lost in love, happy, carefree.

He began to head back to the hotel to get in his jeep and drive home to his apartment when he heard something again. This time a very clear and evident “NOOO”

Max didn’t think twice as he broke out in a run towards the dunes and didn’t stop until he was staring down at a young couple. He felt disgust course through his body.

Lying in front of him was a blond haired man around his age, and underneath him was the most beautiful girl that he had ever seen. The man was holding both of her arms over her head with one hand and the other was covering her mouth as he laid between her legs. The women’s brown eyes were wide with terror and he could see that her skirt had been ripped along the thigh.

Max reached over and grabbed the guy by the shirt. He felt a current of energy zap from his fingertips into the mans neck. He felt stronger then he ever had in his life, the mans weight not even effecting him as he threw him off oh her and against a palm tree trunk.

The women instantly jumped up and wrapped her arms around his waist. He could feel the tremors coursing through her body as she quietly sobbed into his chest.

He turned his head as he looked over at the man that he had thrown off her passed out under the tree. Maybe he had used to much force when he threw him he thought.

Max ran his hands down the women’s back as he tried to soothe her, poor thing, he thought as he laid his chin on the top of her head and murmured” Its going to be all right, everything is fine, don’t cry, don’t cry.” Over and over again in a soothing voice.

Liz couldn’t believe what the hell just happened. How could this happen to me?” she thought as she squeezed the stranger even harder around the waist “If it weren’t for him, I would have been raped!” she kept thinking, anger settling in her stomach as some of the fear subsided.

She broke apart from the man that had saved her and looked up into the amber colored eyes of the most gorgeous man she had ever seen. She suddenly felt very exposed as she grabbed her blouse and tried to life the ripped collar up to her neck and tried to cover her bra as she looked down.

Max felt anger well up in his chest as he saw a big red mark on her arm and a cut trickling blood down her hand. He slowly ran his hand down her arm starting from her shoulder finishing his caress at her fingertips as he hid the fact that he was taking the pain and healing the small cut on her arm.

“Are you all right?” He asked as he released her arm and then took off his jean jacket and placing it around her shoulders.

Liz looked back up at him and said in a whisper “Thank you for your help.” As she looked over her shoulder to where her date was still lying.

“I had no idea that he could do something like this.” She said as she hugged her body with both arms.

“No problem I’m glad that I could help.” Max said feeling a little awkward and stupid for feeling the urge to once again wrap this petite woman in his arms.

Liz felt the need to explain to the stranger that had saved her that this date had been set up by her father, that he had said “He’s a decent boy Lizzie, it wouldn’t hurt to be seen with him, plus his father and I have several business deals together, do this for me.” Liz could remember now the determined look on his face as he said all this.

“Um he’s not my boyfriend.” Liz blurted out as she looked down at her feet.

Max bit his bottom lip as he said in almost a whisper. “Its ok you don’t have to explain it’s not your fault.”

Liz looked up at him and thought again “Wow he’s so sweet, I wish that I could have met him under different circumstances.”

Max cleared his throat and said “Would you like me to walk you somewhere is there anything I can do?” as he stuck both hands in his pant pockets.

“No you’ve done enough, I’m going to go over to the hotel and call for a ride but there’s one thing that I do want to do.” She said as she went back to where they had been laying.

He watched her as she bent over and began to look through a jacket that was lying on top of the blanket. He noticed the way that her long brown hair was being carried away with the wind. He looked away not wanting her to notice that he was staring at her. He didn’t want to make her uncomfortable in any way.

“Aha I got it.” She said as she straightened up and held a set of keys in her hand with a huge smile on her face.

Max looked at her with a look of confusion as he thought “I thought she was going to call someone for a ride back at the hotel.”

He watched her walk down to the beach her feet in the water as she threw the set of keys with all her might into the ocean. She then turned around with a very satisfied smile on her face.

Max had to laugh, she looked adorable with a big smile on her face. He said to her in a playful manner, “I’d hate to piss you off.”

“Well he deserved that and more.” Liz said as she picked up her purse and began walking towards him.

“I was just kidding he does deserve that, good job you have quite a throwing arm.” He said as he began to walk up the stairs leading to the board walk.

“Thanks, softball champions of Valley High 2 year’s straight.” She said as she looked back one last time with a look of anger towards Sean , she noticed that he had woken up and was now holding his head with both hands.

“So you’re from California?” he asked as he waved to one of valets from the hotel.

“Yes I was born there.” Was all Liz said.

“Oh well here we are here, take care.” Max said as he ran a hand through his jet black hair.

“Thank you again, I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t came along.” Liz said earnestly as she felt a pang in her stomach at not seeing him again.

Max then outstretched his hand to her and said “I’m Max Evans by the way.”

Liz looked down at his hand and thought “His hands look so gentle.” She then realized that she hadn’t offered him her hand and hurriedly placed her palm in his and said “I’m Liz Parker.”

Max felt a tingling run up his arms he also felt energy radiating from his palm, he hurriedly stuck his hand in pocket while he thought “What the hell was that?”

Liz smiled and said thanks once again as a bellhop opened the hotel doors for her and she made her way inside to the reception desk without looking back.

Max quickly made his way to his jeep and drove home lost in thought, thinking about how much he regretted having to have met Liz that way. He wanted to ask her out for coffee but hello how lame would that be, “Hi want to go for a coffee when you just got attacked by a piece of shit scum ball?”
Yeah that wouldn’t work; he thought as he pulled into his parking space and grabbed his book bag off the passenger side seat.

He reached over and felt the back seat looking for his jacket when he realized that he had left it with Liz. I didn’t like that jacket that much anyways he thought as the thought of Liz having something that belonged to him making him smile, “Why did that name seem so familiar?” he thought as he inserted the key into the lock and opened the door.

He strode into his apartment and flicked the light switch, his one bedroom loft style apartment lit up. He walked directly towards his computer desk and checked his email, he was anxiously waiting for a reply from a publishing house on the last short story he had written, he felt disappointment deep in his gut as he saw that he hadn’t received any word yet.

He went and sat on a lazy boy recliner that he had gotten from a garage sale and stared out the window. Liz came to his mind again; he kept remembering the way she looked when he had thrown that jerk off of her.

“Damn it” he thought as he cracked his knuckles “I know that name, why do I know that name?” he kept asking himself.

He then lifted his hands up to his face and examined his palms. He thought about the way he had felt tonight, the tingling, and the currents of electricity that had coursed through him at the briefest touch of Liz’s hand.

“Well I most likely will never see her again so I won’t know why that happened to me.” He thought as he got up and walked into his very masculine bedroom.

He unbuttoned the white long sleeve shirt that he was wearing and threw it into the dirty clothes hamper. He then unbuckled his black belt and slid his shoes off.

He stripped down to his white boxer briefs and laid down in his queen size bed. As he drifted into sleep the last thoughts that ran through his mind were of Liz, the moonlight caressing her face, the wind blowing her long hair. Little did Max know that while his thoughts were with Liz his hands once again began to light up and glow as a soft white light shot out from his finger tips.

Parker Manner:

Liz pulled out a 20 from her purse and handed it to the taxi cab driver that had dropped her off in front of her home.

As she walked up the marble stairs leading to the front door she was hoping that her father would be asleep, she didn’t want to go over what happened tonight, the mere thought of Sean Deluca made her stomach roll in disgust.

As she quietly unlocked the front door she heard that the house was silent. The kitchen had been closed the maids had gone home and even the butler had retired she noticed as she crept up the stairs on the tips of her toes.

She made it to her room and as quietly as she could muster opened the door then flipped the lock. Her feet sunk into the deep white carpeting, as she made her way to her walk in closet and picked a pink silk robe from the rainbow of colored robes in her closet.

She then went to the bathroom that was adjoined to her walk in closet and turned the knob of her Jacuzzi size bath tub on and poured some strawberry scented bubble bath into the stream of hot water that came from the waterfall style spout.

“Max Evans” She thought as she stood in front of the mirror and began to take her shirt, off she realized then that she had Max’s jacket on.

Embarrassment flooded through her, “Great he saved me then I go and steal his jacket “she thought as she took it off and put it on top of the sink. She then picked it back up and brought the jacket to her face.

She inhaled the most wonderful scent of man. It was strong but not over powering just like its owner she thought. She caught a glimpse of herself and shook her head at the reflection.

Half naked smelling a jacket. “If my dad could see me now.” She thought with a smirk.

Perfect Elizabeth Parker, that’s how her dad saw her, since her mother had died when she was only 4 years old she had became the apple of her father’s eye. She had to be the best at everything and not disappoint him, she was a Parker and Parkers had an image to uphold, she could hear her fathering saying those words to her now.

Liz finished undressing and laid in the marble bathtub with a bath pillow behind her head, she couldn’t help but think of what happened as a tear slowly ran down her cheek as she replayed what happened in her mind as she closed her eyes.

Earlier that evening at the beach:

“You really didn’t have to go through all this trouble Sean.” Liz said as she observed the blanket and min-bonfire that Sean had lead her to on the beach.

“Anything for you Liz, you have no idea how many times I have asked your father about you, just last week at the share holders meeting I asked him all sorts of questions.” Sean said as he grabbed Liz’s hand and helped her sit on the blanket.

Liz tried not to grimace as he sat a little closer to her then she would have liked, but this is her fathers friend, she cant be rude, he’d have a kanipshin she thought as she tried to grin and bear Sean Deluca for a least another hour.

Sean grabbed 2 champagne flutes and filled Liz’s to the brim. He then handed her the glass.

“I don’t drink Sean, but thanks anyways.” Liz said as she handed back the glass to Sean.

“Oh come on what’s one little drink?” Sean asked as he thought, “Come one prissy one glass might loosen you up.”

“No really thanks, I don’t want any.” Liz said again a little more forcefully as she turned her head and noticed that there wasn’t a single person on the beach.

It felt almost eerie with only the occasional light from the moon that broke through the clouds, goosebumps covered her arms.

“Liz come on please, just drink one glass with me, I don’t want to feel like an alcoholic here drinking alone, I mean really what would people think? Sean asked as he tried to look earnest and sincere.

Liz rolled her eyes and brought the glass up to her lips and pretended that she had taken a sip. “Anything to shut this guy up.” She thought he hadn’t stopped talking about himself all night long.

“That’s more like it baby, so is there anything else that you would like to know about me?” Sean asked as he scooted closer to Liz.

“Umm jee not anything that I can think of.” Liz said as she glanced at her Rolex and saw that it was getting late.

Sean noticed this and lifted one eyebrow in surprise as he thought “What is this bitch’s problem?, the frosty little Liz Parker thought that she was too good for him or something.”

Liz felt Sean’s arm wrap around her waist and immediately scooted over to get away from his touch as she said “ It’s getting late I’d like to go home now.”

“Oh come on, it’s not even 12 yet, is it past your bed time?” he asked as he brought his hand up to her hair and twisted a strand around his finger.

“Well actually if you really want to know, I don’t want to be here with you.” Liz said as she went to get up. “I’ll walk home if I have to” she thought.

Sean then grabbed her by both shoulders and threw all his weight on top of Liz as he pressed her back into the sand.

Liz felt fear trickle down her body as she screamed “Get off of me.”

“No, I didn’t go through all this trouble for you to act like a little bitch, I want to fool around” he said as he grabbed both of her arms and lift them over her head.

Liz was in shock, she couldn’t believe that this was really happening to her.
She prayed at that moment that someone would see them, she continued to try to push him off of her, knee him in the groin anything but he had laid between her legs and was laying on top of her.

She was screaming for him to get off oh her as he then went and covered her mouth with one hand. He then grabbed the collar of her blouse and ripped it down to her navel. Liz did the only thing she could think of and bit his hand as hard as she could,” he’ll uncover my mouth” she thought “then I can scream for help again.”

Her plan worked, the second that she bit him Sean released his grip on his the hand that was covering her mouth and she let out the deepest most blood curling scream that her vocal chords would allow before Sean roughly covered her mouth again and said “ Ok this is going to be fun now, you want it rough.”

Seconds later was when she felt him lift off of her and standing before here was Max, with his long black hair, and beautiful colored eyes that felt as if he was looking into her soul.

Liz opened her eyes at this point and stared down at her naked body. Her nipples had tightened into little pink nubs and her groin had gotten moist at the thought of him. Her cheeks turned pink as she felt heat course through her body.

“What the hell is wrong with me?” she asked herself as she sat up and turned the water off.

“Maybe I hit my head tonight or something” she thought as she thoroughly scrubbed her body and arms with a bar of soap, as if by doing this she could erase Sean’s touch.

Liz shivered as she realized that the water had turned cold, she got up and dried herself off and put on her pink silk night gown. She climbed up on her mahogany 4 poster bed and crawled under the white down comforter and grabbed a pillow and squeezed it to her body tight.

“I’m not going to cry, it’s over, and your fine.” She kept telling herself, as she felt her body tremble. A mental picture of Max went through her mind again as she laid there and she smiled and instantly felt so comfortable and safe. Her last thoughts before she drifted off to sleep where of Max the man that had saved her and then acted like it was no big deal and had also comforted a women that he didn’t even know. I have to find him somehow she thought once more before exhaustion took over and Liz slept.

TBC
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:44 pm, edited 34 times in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Part 2

A/N: Thanks so much for all the wonderful feedback, :D I am still shocked about it lol. Hope you enjoy the next part, and one more thing I plan to post once a week but I'm not sure what night yet, I'll get back to you on that. BUT the reason I am posting this one allready is b.c Crashdown_51 and Lizard Queen tagged teamed me into it. LOL thats all I'm going to say.. :twisted:

Behrsgirl77- Thanks for the feedback and trust me I know what you mean about the time thing, I'm the same way..NOW HURRY UP AND UPDATE BEHIND HER EYES!!! lol

Natz- Thanks for reading

linliz68-There's something about Liz that causes Max's hands to get that light isnt there? ** I'm not telling...yet.. :wink:

begonia9508- Sean is a major ass I agree. :x

lizard_queen- You and Crash double teamed me, so this EARLY post is for you both now post yours :!: lol

foreverdreamer15- HI! Glad to see that you posted for B.I.D. and I dont want to say just yet who is a alien. Sorry hehe

roswellluver- Thanks for reading.

JamieSullivan- I LOVE LOVE LOVE your signature, with that out of the way, thanks for reading.

dreamer19- Thanks for reading. :D

Crashdown_51- You asked me 6 questions in a row and in this order im going to answer them ok so, here goes...
1. She will see him.
2. You shall have to read to find out
3. Not telling.
4. Not telling.
5. Most likely.
6.Not telling.

Oh Crash and one more thing i did kinda write Liz as indiffrent but its not b.c she has some deep dark secret, I just think that she was kinda like whatever about it, it happened he didnt get to do the deed (thank goodness) and she's over it and pay back is a b*tch !!

Jason's Lover- Thanks for reading!

Blink1lit- Thank you for reading. :D

~~~~ PART 2 ~~~~

Max yawned as he heard the alarm clock buzzing itself to death on his nightstand. He rolled over and realized that he had overslept; he was supposed to be in writing class over at the University of Hawaii 45 minutes ago. He sat up in bed and rubbed his face with the palms of his hands.

He swung his legs off the bed and walked to the bathroom, turning on the shower before he even brushed his teeth, the water heater in this place must have been put in before Pearl Harbor, it took a annoyingly long time to heat up.

As he began to brush his teeth the medicine cabinet mirror began to fog up, He lifted his right palm and without touching the mirror waved it back and forth clearing the mist as he brushed his teeth with the other hand.

Seeing that he had the day off from work he mentally went through what he was going to do today.

1. Write
2. Write some more
3. At some point digest something so that I won’t turn into a corpse sitting in front of the computer desk.

He laughed as he pictured Mrs. Bernstein calling the police because she hadn’t been able to track him coming and going from his apartment all day today which was the highlight of her day , noisy neighbor that she was.

He got in the shower and stood there letting the spray hit the top of his head, he stayed in there until the water began to come out ice cold. He stepped out and quickly dressed. He ran his fingers through his hair as he walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the front door; he opened it and bent down to pick up the newspaper that was delivered to his front door daily.

He set the paper down on the kitchen counter and began to make a pot of coffee as he cleaned up the kitchen and looked through a pile of mail that had been sitting there for over a week.

As he walked back towards the front door to place a bag of garbage outside he stepped in a little pile of sand that must have been stuck to his shoes from the night before. Instantly Liz came to mind.

“He’s not my boyfriend.” He could hear her now; she said that as she looked down at her feet, she had to have felt embarrassed, who wouldn’t after going through what she went through last night.

He poured himself a mug of coffee with extra sugar and cream and a dash of Tabasco sauce to heighten the taste. He grabbed the paper and sat down at his kitchen table and began reading through it. As he skipped the society section he didn’t notice a picture of Liz along with an article that read.

“Elizabeth Parker daughter of Jeffrey Parker of the multimillion dollar business take over company will be hosting the annual “Dance For A Cure” the annual ball is dedicated to her mother who died of cancer 18 years ago."

There was more in the article about Liz and the many charity’s that she volunteered for.

Max continued reading the paper never seeing that article.

He got up from the kitchen table and poured what was left in his mug into the drain and went and sat down in front of his computer and began to access his email account.

His mailbox was still empty. Who am I kidding, there not going to respond back to me, he thought as he tried not to let it get to him. He began to write for his novel. It was a story about a family torn apart by the abduction of one of there children, he stopped writing and pictured the heroin of the story, he wanted to add more life to her, he decided to change her appearance, she now had long silky brown hair and the most soulful brown eyes, just like Liz, he thought with a small smile on his face, “I wonder what she is doing right now “ as he put his elbow on the computer table, and placed his chin in his hand.

Parker Manor:

“Elizabeth I don’t understand what is going on Sean’s father called me this morning, saying that Sean was pitching a fit” Jeff said as he paced in front of his desk while Liz sat ram rod straight in a chair across from him.

“All I asked was that you give him a chance, he said that you just got up and left last night, and that Sean is heart broken” Jeff said as he stopped pacing and held both hands behind his back as he turned to stare at Liz.

“Dad listen to me, you don’t understand what happened, we were out and …“Liz said before Jeff cut her off.

“Elizabeth there’s no excuse to act the way that you did, don’t you have any manners at all?, I mean did you even think of me last night before you stormed off and left poor Sean heart broken?” Jeff said as he leaned over Liz’s chair placing both hands on the arm rest and putting his face within inches of hers.

“He’s a good kid Lizzie; I wouldn’t have urged you to go out with him if I didn’t think it was the best thing for you.” He said softly as he stroked her hair.

Liz felt as if her head was going to explode. She wasn’t even going to bother telling him what had happened last night; he probably wouldn’t believe her anyways. She sat there and looked into his eyes with a serious expression on her face and said “Dad, I have my reasons, and I’m telling you right now that I don’t ever want to go out with Sean Deluca again and nothing you say will change my mind.”

Jeff sighed as he thought she could act like her mother so much sometimes, she had to have gotten that stubborn streak from her.

“Fine Lizzie, I know what to expect of you know, I have some work I need to do.” He said as he turned around and sat behind his desk, and began looking through some files that had been sitting on top of his desk, dismissing Liz as if she had already left.

Liz got up and with her head held high walked out of her fathers office, without looking back as she softly closed the door.

She leaned her back against the door and thought “That went well.” as she walked towards the french doors that lead to the garden in the back of the house. She stopped and picked up her organizer and took the cordless phone out with her.

She went and laid down on one of the hammocks that were set up in the garden. The smell of gardenias and roses heavy in the air. She laid back and stared up at the perfect blue sky, the clouds were white and puffy and her hair felt as if it were being caressed by the soft Hawaiian breeze.

She thought about her father then, he treated her like a servant at times, do this Liz, say that, be good, she was sick of it, but she always felt that she couldn’t stand up to her father the way she wanted to. She knew that her father was the only thing she had left in the world. Even if her father drove her crazy at times, she knew that is the way he is, and would never change.

She had too many things to do today to sit her and try to understand her father, she had to plan so many things for the Annual Ball, she had to pick a dress, hire a cattier, speak to the party coordinator, she thought as she looked over at the sparkling blue pool. "How nice it would be to just jump in it right now fully dressed" She thought she then frowned as she pictured her father lecturing her on etiquette and how a lady should act.

She picked up her organizer and opened it and dialed the caiter, they spoke about the menu, the ordivors, what wines went with what as they were about to hang up Liz remembered that she would need waiters to dispense the food.

“Oh Shannon, can you recommend a company that can waiter for the Ball?” Liz asked.

“Well yes Ms. Parker I can recommend a wonderful company that I use quite often, would you like me to call and set it up?” She asked as she jotted down prices on the tablet of paper she had in front of her.

“Yes that would be wonderful, and I’ll be calling you next week for the final count of how many guests will be attending.” Liz said as she hung up the phone and shut the organizer and threw it down onto the grass.

Well that’s one less thing to worry about she thought as she lazily swung in the hammock, “I should get up’” she thought, I still have to pick out a dress.” She felt her eyes getting heavier and heavier as the wind rocked the hammock back and forth as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

Max’s Apartment:

“What do you mean you lost the lead?” Laura said as she dropped to her knees holding the phone so tight that her knuckles were turning white.

RING…..RING… RING….

Max stopped typing and looked at the phone with a scowl. He debated on wither or not to pick it up. "Good they hung up" he thought as the phone stopped rining and he went back to writing.

RING…RING…RING…

“SHIT!” Max said before he picked up the phone and said “Hello.”

“Hello Max its Jimmy how ya doing?” He asked

“I’m good thanks how’s the wife and kids?” Max asked with a smile on his face. Jimmy was a huge Hawaiian married man with 4 kids. He was also his work contact for a local catering business down by the shore.

“Listen Max I got a job for you, its a few weeks away but this is a really important function and I wanted to make sure that you would be able to do it.” Jimmy said.

“It’s a really fancy event for some business man.” Jimmy said.

“Oh, ok is a black tie?” Max asked as he jotted down an idea for the story before he lost it.

“Of course you know those rich pricks have to make us uncomfortable.” He said with a laugh.

“Sure count me in.” Max said as he leaned forward in his chair and grabbed his CD case and began looking for his favorite Gomez album.

“Great so then I’ll give you a reminder call in a few weeks, take care Max.” Jimmy said as he hung up.

Max inserted the CD into his computer and got lost in his story.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Part 3

A/N: Again I want to say THANK YOU for reading :D , Im so excited that you guys are liking the fic one more thing... Liz didnt tell her Dad because she knows how he is, and he most likely would not have her believed her anyways :? . I hope that in future chaps I'll let you guys know why he is the way he is...

icequeen- I think she's going to snap one day and rip him a new one. ** Umm yeah, I think so too.** :wink:
JamieSullivan- Thanks for reading! Did I mention that I love your siggy LOL
foreverdreamer15-Why wouldn't Jeff listen to his daughter? Hmm...all he cares about is money and his business. ** You hit the nail on the head. **
roswellluver-Thanks for reading.
lizard_queen- I'm sorry that the days are going to get jealous..lol.. thanks for the FB.
rigel- Thanks for reading!
purpleant-I Hope you like this next part ;)
begonia9508- you said it..... normal, Jeff is not the average dad by any means.
FSUMSW94-Bingo to almost everything you said and thanks for reading. :!:
Natz-Thanks for reading.

Thanks again to any lurkers and anyone else that is reading. :D

~~~~ Part 3 ~~~~

2 weeks later:

As Liz drove by the Walden Book store she saw a line formed that was almost a block long. “Wonder what’s going on over there.” She thought, she was on the way to have one of many fittings for her dress for the Annual ball that was only a few weeks away. As she stopped at the light she saw a sign posted in the window of the bookstore announcing that Sidney Sheldon would be there today as part of his book tour, for his latest work.

Liz’s mouth dropped in surprise. Sidney Sheldon was one of her favorite writers. As she glanced at her watch she thought “This is a once in a lifetime thing, the dress can wait.” As she pulled her white Mercedes Benz into a parking space down the street and began to walk down the block to get in line.

As she got farther from the car she noticed that the wind had picked up and it was kind of chilly. She quickly walked back to the car and grabbed Max’s jean jacket which was lying on the back seat. She had taken to wearing it. It still smelled like him and for some reason she felt so comfortable when she had it on. She slipped her arms through the sleeves and noticed once again just how big he was. She had to roll up the sleeves just to be able to poke her hands through the holes.

As she made her way into the store she grabbed his newest best seller for him to autograph off of one of the shelves. The line of people was getting a bit antsy and she had been bumped pushed or had her feet stepped on quite a few times. She was standing there reading the inside jacket of his newest book when she felt someone push her from behind. She was about to hit a bookshelf face first when she felt someone’s hand grab onto her upper arm.

As she grabbed onto the arm she let out a sigh of relief and said “That was great timing.” With a smile on her face as she turned around to thank the person that had grabbed her.

She was looking up into the amber eyes of the man that had saved her that night on the beach with Sean. She smiled and said “Do you have a thing for saving women at the last minute?”

Max laughed as he said “No only saving you.” They laughed as he then let go of her arm and said “How have you been Liz?” with the sweetest smile on his face.

Liz was trying to not outwardly drool at the sight of him. He was wearing a black button up shirt partially buttoned with blue jeans and black leather sandals. His hair was a little bit longer since the last time she had seen him and looked disheveled but in a sexy way. She then realized Oh My God he remembered my name.

As she hugged the book to her chest she said “I was doing great until I almost a one on one with the shelf.” She said with a smile on her face.

Max thought she was the most beautiful women he had ever seen. Her long brown hair was in a low pony tail, and her skin was the color of peaches and cream and looked so soft and natural.

She was wearing white Capri pants with a deep blue baby doll T-shirt and baby blue colored sandals, the only jewelry she had on were a pair of silver hoop earrings. His eyes kept drifting to her lips which were the colors of fresh berries.

He then noticed that she had his jean jacket on. He lifted one eyebrow as he asked “Is that my jacket?”

Liz’s cheeks felt as if they were on fire as she thought “He’s going to think that I’m obsessed, what do I say?” as she bit her bottom lip.

“Uhh yeah I grabbed it by mistake this morning, thought it was mines.” She said as she thought “Change the subject, change the subject.”

“Thanks for your help again.” As she began to take off the jacket.

“Well I’m glad that I was able to help and please keep it, it looks better on you then it does on me.” Max said as he placed a hand on her lower back and ushered them forward in the line.

Liz could feel his palm through the fabric of her shirt. His hand felt so big and warm even through the fabric of her shirt.

“So do you like Sidney Sheldon too? Liz asked and then thought “No Liz he just likes standing in super long lines for fun, stupid question.”

“Yea he’s one of my favorite authors actually.” Max said as he pushed some hair off of his forehead.

“Me too, I didn’t even know he was going to be here I just happened to see the sign in the window when I was stopped at the red light.” She thought “Great now I’m babbling.”

“Thank god she saw the sign” Max thought as he felt pure happiness coursing through his body, he hadn’t stopped thinking about her since that day on the beach and had kicked himself in the ass for not having had the guts to ask her for her number the day that he met her.

They both stood there feeling just a little bit nervous.

“So do you want……?” Max asked.

“Are you busy after…….?” Liz said at the same time that Max had begun to talk.

Liz smiled and nervously fingered the book in her hand as Max grinned from ear to ear and said “How about getting a cup of coffee down the street when we’re done here?”

“I’d love to.” Liz said as she thought “Screw the dress; I still have some time for that.”

As they waited in line they talked about Sidney Sheldon and both had there books autographed by Mr. Sheldon.

As they stepped outside of the book store Max pointed to a little coffee shop across the street and said “Would that be ok? “

“Sure that would be fine.” Liz said as they waited on the corner for the light to change.

They began to cross the street and she once again felt Max’s hand on her lower back as they began to cross. She felt a warm tingling in her skin where he was touching her.

As they reached the coffee shop, Max held the door open and waited for Liz to go in first.

Liz looked around and wondered why she had never come here before. It was a beautiful coffee shop with everything done in light brown wood and the most gorgeous artwork on the walls.

A waitress came up and escorted them to a small table near a big picture window.

As they sat down Max took in every detail of Liz’s face. He thought that she was gorgeous that night on the beach with only the moon light on her face and in the day light it was even more stunning. He was so glad that he had bumped into her again.

“This is a really nice place.” Liz said as she turned her head slightly to stare at a painting on the wall of the night sky, with what looked like a comet soaring through the sky.

“I’m glad you think so, I come here all the time myself.” Max said as the waitress came up and asked if they were ready to order.

They both ordered coffee; Max also got a croissant and Liz a blueberry muffin.

As the coffee and food was brought to them Liz noticed that Max put a tremendous amount of sugar and cream into his coffee.

She then jokingly asked “Do you want some coffee with your cream and sugar?”

Max laughed and shrugged his shoulders as he said “Can’t be sweet enough for me.”

As they sat there drinking and talking Liz thought how easy it was talking to him. Then Max asked “So what do you do for a living Liz?” as he brought the cup to his lips.

Oh god I don’t want to tell him that I’m Jeff Parkers daughter, what can I say she blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

“I’m an event coordinator.” Liz said as she tried to not feel guilty for lying, but in a sense she was an event coordinator, she organized all the functions for her father that’s not lying right?” she asked herself.

“What do you do?” she asked wanting to take the attention off of herself and also know more about him.

“Well, I’m an aspiring novelist, and I also waiter part time for the extra money between whatever small deals come my way.”

“Oh that’s really interesting; I couldn’t write a story if my life depended on it.” Liz said as she broke a piece off her blueberry muffin.

“I’m sure that you could do it.” He said.

“Thanks for the vote of confidence.” Liz said as she winked at him.

Max still couldn’t believe that he was sitting here with her, talking and having the best time. She really was amazing he thought. He wanted to know everything about her but didn’t want to be too forward and come off as nosy.

“Um so do you live Hawaii?” He asked as he folded his hands together on top of the table.

“Oh man she thought again how do I phrase this? I can’t say well I have homes in Florida, New York and California.” She decided to be as honest as she could be with out letting him know the truth. She didn’t like for people to know, they always ended up treating her different and she wanted Max to treat her the same as he had since they began there conversation at the book store.

“Well technically yes and no, I live here or in Florida most of the time, I have a lot of business here so I come for the season.” She said as she took a bite of her muffin.

Max felt a little disappointed at learning that she didn’t live here full time, but then again he didn’t know how long he would be here for either.

“Do you have family here?” she asked.

Max cleared his throat and said “No actually I’m an orphan, so I don’t have family anywhere.”

Liz reached across the table and grabbed his hand. “I’m sorry Max I didn’t mean to be nosy.”

“It’s ok Liz, I wanted to tell you. Most people get really embarrassed when I tell them that but it’s not your fault, that’s life nothing I can do about it.” Max said as he caressed her hand with his thumb.

He is truly amazing anyone else would be embarrassed about it and he just said it and then tried to reassure me. Just then Liz felt her purse vibrating on the seat next to her.

She let go of Max’s hand and instantly felt the loss, as she dug her palm pilot out of her bag. It was reminding her of a conference phone call that she had to set up for her father. Liz bit her lips as she realized that she had to leave.

Max noticed the tension in her face as she soon as she lifted her palm pilot. He hoped that it was nothing so important that she would have to leave now.

“Max, I have to go, I just got a reminder for something very important that I have to do.” Liz said as she took out some money from her purse.

“Liz put that away, I got it and I understand I really had a great time though even if it was too short.” Max said as he pushed her money towards her.

“Max please let me pay, I insist.” Liz said as she pushed the money back towards him.

“Liz please.” He said as he looked deeply into her eyes.

Liz felt goose bumps break out on her arms, the way he said her name was like a caress that she felt all the way down to the tips of her toes.

“Ok, how about this you pay the bill and I will pay the tip.” Liz said with an innocent smile on her face.

Max had to laugh as he realized that Liz was a strong minded women, he liked that.

“Ok that sounds like a deal.” Max said as he laid his money on the table and did what Liz thought was the oddest thing. He began to stack the plates near the edge of the table, along with the cups and spoons.

Max looked over and caught Liz staring at him, he felt his face get hot as he explained. “Since I waiter I know how much a little thing like this can help, Just makes there job easier you know?”

Liz was once again amazed, that was the sweetest thing she had ever seen anyone do for a stranger.

“That’s really nice of you Max.” She said as she stood up from the table and looked down at him. “Can this guy get anymore perfect?” She thought.

“Thanks, I’ll walk you back to the book store.” Max said as he followed her out of the coffee shop.

They crossed the street and Max once again placed his hand on the small of her back as they crossed the street and lead her back to the book store.

“I had a great time Max; it was really nice seeing you again.” Liz said as she pulled her keys out of her purse.

“I had a great time too Liz.” He said as he nervously ran his fingers through his hair and thought I have to get her number.

“Liz I’d love to see you again.” Max said as he looked into her big brown eyes.

“That would be great, let me give you my phone number so we can set something up.” she said as she dug into her purse looking for a pen.

She found one then started looking for something to write it on, wouldn’t it be just her luck to not find one freaking piece of paper in her purse.

Max saw her digging then said “Here just right it in the book, and that way I’m sure that I won’t lose it.” he handed her the book.

“Good idea, you can do the same.” and handed him her book.

They both exchanged numbers and stood there both feeling awkward again.

Liz went with her gut and wrapped her arms around him giving him a brief hug. The smell that came off of him was pure masculinity it brought her back to the night she met him and held up his jacket to her nose and had thought the same thing as she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.

Max had wanted to do the very same thing that Liz had just done, but again didn’t want to be too forward. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and thought “She is so tiny, and jesus she smell’s so good.” She smelled so feminine and soft, I don’t want to let go was the only thought running through his head.

As they broke free from the hug, they both smiled as they looked at each other.

“Ok so I better get going thanks again Max.” Liz said before she turned around and began walking towards her car.

“Thank you Liz.” Max called as he watched her walk away with a huge smile on his face.

A/N: :twisted: Did I throw you guys a curve ball? LOL I wanted you to think that they were going to see each other at the ball for the first time...hope it worked :wink:
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Part 4

Behrsgirl77
dreamer19
Strawberry88
FSUMSW94
JamieSullivan
begonia9508
roswellluver
lizard_queen
purpleant
rigel
Emz80m
Natz
roswells_angel285
Crashdown_51

A/N: Thank you so much to everyone that is reading, your FB is amazing to me and really inspires me to write more. I'm glad that I was able to throw you guys a curve ball :twisted: I hope you like the next part.... :D

~~~ Part 4 ~~~

As Isabel Whitman held her 4 month old son Gavin in her arms she a felt soothing warmth spread through her chest.

She had never been as happy as she had been since the day she met Alex in the 12th grade of high school. He had transferred in as a new student on her last year at Roswell High.

She smiled as Gavin cooed and wiggled his little legs out of his blanket.

“How’s my precious grandson doing?” Diane Evans asked as grabbed his little foot and gave it a kiss.

“I’m doing fine Grandma.” Isabel said as she gently handed her son over to her mother.

“Honey he’s growing up so fast, look at him.” She said laughing as Gavin had grabbed on to her hair and was twisting his little hand in it.

“That’s his new thing.” Isabel said as she pulled out a chair from the kitchen table and sat down.

“Is Dad going to be home soon?” Isabel asked as she picked an apple out of a bowl that was set on the kitchen table.

“Yes honey, I called him earlier to let him know that you were going to bring the baby by today.” Diane said as she stood across the kitchen bouncing her grandson in her arms.

Isabel bit into the apple as she thought “I’m so lucky.’ She watched her adoptive mother holding her son. Diane had a million watt smile on her face.

Since she could remember Diane and Phillip had been there for her and were the best parents anyone could ever ask for.

They never treated her as anything but a daughter and now that she had Gavin she was even more grateful.

She finished eating the apple and got up and threw away the core in the garbage.

“Is Alex coming for dinner honey?” Diane asked as she followed Isabel into living room.

“Yeah mom he’s coming when he get’s off of work.” Isabel said as she sat down and rested her head against one of the cushions on the sofa.

“You look tired Izzy, do you want to take a nap and I can watch the baby for you.” Diane said.

“No that’s ok Mom I actually wanted to talk to you alone.” Isabel said as she straightened up in the sofa.

Diane looked over at her daughter and noticed how serious her facial expression had gotten.

“Let me put the baby in his car seat, and we can talk ok.” Diane said as she went back to the kitchen and grabbed Gavin’s car seat and went back to the living room.

Once Gavin was set in his car seat Diane went and sat down next to Isabel on the sofa grabbing her hand as she waited for her daughter to begin speaking.

Isabel stared into her mothers eyes, she had been going over how to have this conversation for months, but she couldn’t put it off any longer she had to know.

She took a deep breathe in as she squeezed her mother’s hand and began to speak.

“Ok mom I don’t want you to think at any time after I tell you this that I have not been happy, I thank god that you and dad are my parents and I couldn’t have asked for a better child hood.”

Diane felt her heart beating faster and dread forming in her stomach as she nodded at Isabel.

“There’s something that has been bothering me for a long, long time and I thought that it was just me. You see Mom it’s just that for as long as I can remember I have felt this thing...” She said as she placed a hand over her heart, “I’ve always felt like something was missing.”

“I used to think it was because I’m was adopted and that the feeling would go away eventually, and then I thought it was because I wanted to get pregnant right after Alex and I got married.” She said as she thought back on the months and months of trying to get pregnant and nothing happening until finally she had gone to a fertility specialist and realized that she had a problem that was fixable by having a tiny procedure done.

She brought herself back to the present and tried to talk through the lump in her throat as she looked at Gavin sleeping peacefully in his car seat, his short black hair gleaming in the sunlight coming through the window.

She squeezed her mothers hand as she turned slightly on the sofa and looked into her mother’s eyes as she asked “Mom do you know why I feel this way?” as her voice cracked.

Diane felt her heart breaking as she looked at Isabel “Why didn’t I think that she would feel this? I should have said something before, she’s been suffering and I had no idea.” She thought.

“Izzy I’m going to tell you something that your father and I couldn’t change when we went to adopt you.” Diane said as she felt her stomach flutter again.

Isabel felt as if her life was hanging on what her mother was about to say, she felt scared nervous and anxious all at the same time. She squeezed her mothers hand tighter.

“Isabel when we went to sign the final papers we were originally going to adopt 2 children” Diane said as she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe.

“What are you talking about mom; you were going to adopt another orphan?” Isabel asked as her breathing became heavier.

“No not another child honey, we were supposed to adopt your blood brother.” Diane said as she saw Isabel’s eyes roll back into her head and her eyes close.

Isabel felt as if her heart was going to come out of her chest as she suddenly saw pictures flashing through her mind of a dark haired little boy holding her, kissing her on her cheek, she could hear a child’s voice telling her” I wuv you Izzy bear.”

When she opened her eyes she saw her mother had tears falling down her cheeks.

“I have a brother?” Liz said as her mother stroked her long blonde hair.

“Yes honey.”

“But then why Mom what happened, why did you only adopt me then?” Isabel asked.

“Isabel what happened was when we went to adopt and we were presented with you and your brothers pictures we immediately agreed that we wanted you both, we had all the paper work done we were waiting for the final court day before we could bring you both home.”

“But at the last minute, they said that we couldn’t have you both, they said that we couldn’t afford it, and back then your dad was still in school, and things weren’t the way they are now, at that time they didn’t see it as a bad thing to let children that were blood related to be separated, they saw it as more of one less child in the system.” Diane said as her voice broke.

Isabel leaned forward and put her arms around her mother, she didn’t want her thinking that she blamed her in any way.

“Mom, look at me.” Isabel said as she grabbed her moms face.

“I love you and I don’t blame you, but I need yours and Daddy’s help now, I have to find him.” Isabel said with a determined look on her face.

“Anything we can do we will do.” She said.

Isabel smiled as she felt hope blooming in her chest. “She would find him or die trying.” she thought.

“Mom do you know his name? And how old he is?” Isabel asked as she got up and checked on the baby who was still sleeping.

“Well he had a first name, Max and we were in the process of giving him our last name before they told us no and he’s 3 years older then you.” Diane said.

“So he’s 24 or 25 now.” Isabel said as the wheels in her head turned.

“Mom I need to go see Alex I don’t want to wait until later to tell him this, I want to tell him in person.” Isabel said as she grabbed her purse off the couch and walked out the front door.

Diane stood there, feeling as if a weight had been lifted off of her chest. Seconds later the door opened and Isabel came flying into her arms, squeezing her so hard that she could hardly breathe.

She whispered in her ear “I love you Mom, thank you.” And turned around and left.

Diane wrapped her arms around her shoulders and went and sat down on the sofa and began to weep.

Isabel’s Car:

As Isabel drove towards Alex’s job, all she kept thinking was “I have a brother, I can’t believe it, that’s what has been wrong with me for as long as I can remember, and I was missing him.”

“I wonder if he has powers the way that I do?” she thought as she looked in her rear view mirror and noticed that her mascara had smeared from when she had cried with her mother a few minutes ago.

She waved her hand in front of her eyes, and instantly her make up was perfect once again. She ran a hand through her hair while she was at it. The windows in her Chevy Tahoe were almost black and very hard to see through.

She couldn’t stop her mind from racing, she didn’t even think that she wouldn’t be able to find him, she would and she would finally feel whole. She felt guilty sometimes that Alex and the baby didn’t take away the ache, but she knew why now, her brother she thought.

As she pulled up to Alex’s job, she looked down at her skirt and saw that it was full of wrinkles and looked around quickly and noticed that no one was around and placed her palm on her skirt and moved her hands in a down ward motion until all the wrinkles she could see where gone.

She hopped out of the SUV and almost ran to the double door entrance of Whitman consulting the business that was run and owned by Alex’s father and Alex.

She made her way through the wood and chrome reception area and headed straight for Alex’s office as she thought “please don’t be in a meeting” over and over in her head.

She knocked softly then heard her husband’s voice saying “Come in.”

As she opened the doors she saw Alex with his tie loose and his shirt sleeves rolled up to his elbows bent over his desk and completely absorbed as he read whatever it was that was in front of him.

She stepped into the office and smiled as she saw the first family portrait they had taken recently with the baby in a frame on his desk.

Alex looked up and smiled at his wife as he then frowned when he saw that her eyes were puffy.

“Iz what’s wrong baby, where’s Gavin?” he asked as he got up and came up to her and placed a hand behind her neck as he placed his other hand on her hip.

“He’s with my mom, and we need to talk now, I couldn’t wait for you to get out of work.” Isabel said as her vision was becoming cloudy from the tears that were forming behind in her eyes.

“Babe you’re scaring me.” Alex said as he grabbed Isabel and hugged her to his body, he knew that she had been having a rough time lately but he figured that it was post partum depression, he had read in countless baby books that that could happen.

“I’m sorry, it’s nothing bad, I promise I just feel really emotional right now.” She said as she placed her forehead against Alex’s neck.

“Ok let me tell my Dad that I’m leaving early and we can get out of here ok?” he asked as he caressed her cheek.

Isabel nodded as she felt him kiss her forehead and quickly walk out of the office.

Moments later he was back and was grabbing his brief case in his hand and ushering Isabel out of the building.

“Lets just go in your car and we can pick mine up later.” He said as they walked towards Isabel’s SUV.

As they got into the car, Isabel was driving and Alex was holding her free hand with both of his own, as he waited for his wife to tell him what was going on.

As they drove back to Isabel’s parent’s house, Alex listened as Isabel recounted everything that her mother had told her a short while ago. His mouth was hanging open by the time they had reached the house.

He reached over and grabbed Isabel into a tight hug and with tears in his eyes said.” I’m so happy for you, this is amazing, but I don’t want you to get your hopes up, this is going to be like finding a needle in haystack and it could take months before we hear anything, please all I ask is that you be patient ok?” he said as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

“I know but I feel so excited and honey what if he’s like me?” Isabel said.

“Then we never have to have our clothes dry cleaned again, or wait maybe we can open a laundry mat and we will make the easiest money ever.” Alex said playfully as Isabel slapped him lightly on the arm.

Since Alex saw Isabel removing a ketchup stain from his favorite football shirt, he had been amazed by the ability she had to pass her hands over things and make them change color, or like the ketchup incident take out stains.

“I’m serious Alex wouldn’t that be something?” she said as she put the car in park and grabbed her purse.

“I know your serious I just wanted to make you laugh.” Alex said as he opened the car door and grabbed Isabel’s hand as they proceeded towards the front door.

As Alex came into the house he was greeted by his mother in law who was holding Gavin.

“Hey Mom, how are you?” Alex asked as Diane placed his son in his arms.

Alex looked into the amber colored eyes of his son, as a smile broke out on Alex’s face as he saw Gavin smile and a tiny little dimple pop out on his right cheek. Just then he felt Phillip smack him across the back.

“Hey Dad how are you?” Alex said as he placed the baby in the crook of his left arm and outstretched his hand to shake Phillips hand.

“I’m good son.” He said as he leaned closer and said in a whisper, “is Isabel all right?” with a worried expression on his face.

“Yeah Dad I think she’s ok.” Alex said as he looked across the room at his wife who was speaking to Diane and looking at something she was holding in her hand.

“Mom what is this?” Isabel asked as she began to open the envelope that her mother had placed in her hand.

“Open it honey.” Diane said with a small smile on her face.

Isabel’s hand began to shake as she slid out a picture of two children, she recognized herself, she must have been about a year old in the picture, holding her hand was a little boy. He had dark black hair and ears that stuck out just a little bit at the tips. He had the most serious expression and on his little face.

“Alex come here quick.” Isabel cried out as she Alex came to stand behind her shoulder, “Look at his eyes, there just like the babies, do you see there the same color!” Isabel cried out.

“Wow, isn’t that something.” Alex said as looked at his wife who had tears falling down her cheeks.

“I took that picture when we first started going to visit your brother and you before we could adopt you.” Diane said as Phillip wrapped his arms around his wife.

“Thank you mom, for showing me this.” Isabel said as she wiped the tears off of her cheek, just then the baby let out an angry wail. Isabel looked at her watch and saw that it was time for him to have his bottle.

“Honey I’m going to make his bottle, talk to my dad about finding Max please.” Isabel said as she scooped a still wailing baby out of Alex’s arms and followed her mother to the kitchen.

“So how are we going to do this Dad?” Alex asked Phillip as he stared at the back of his retreating wife.

“Well Alex, this is not going to be easy, adoption records are sealed after everything goes through for the child’s protection ,we’d have to file a injunction and see if we could even get them to give us the information.” Phillip said.

“Your right.” Alex said as he sat down on the sofa and twiddled his thumbs as he stared pensively out the window.

“What if we try to go about this from a different angle?” Alex asked.

“What do you mean Alex?”

“Well his name should me “Max Evans” what if we try to look up his social security number, trace where he works, or his driver’s license maybe.” Alex said as he thought about one of his old friends from high school that could hack into any computer system know to man.

“As long as its legal son.” Phillip said.

Alex looked at his father in law and thought, "Ok so maybe I don’t have to tell him that I plan on having a friend hack the computer for any information I can get."

After dinner Alex got up and said “Excuse me I’m going to the bathroom.” And walked out of the dining room and straight to Isabel’s old room.

He opened the door and went to the nightstand picked up the phone and dialed a number.

“Hey Tommy how you doing? It’s Alex.”

“Yeah I know it’s been awhile since we talked.” Alex said while he listened to Tommy go on and on about his latest computer program.

“That’s great but listen man I need a favor, a big favor.” Alex said as he turned around and saw Isabel coming into the room with a questioning look on her face.
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

:) Part 5

A/N: Thank you so much for the wonderful feed back, Its GREAT... thanks to the new readers for checking out my fic. :D
Just a quick note, I know there are some questions but they will be answered soon, :wink: I cant say just yet with out having to explain stuff... so be patient with me...lol... neways thanks again......

FSUMSW94
rigel
dreamer19
JamieSullivan
nickimlow
begonia9508
foreverdreamer15
purpleant
Natz
roswellluver
lizard_queen
cocopucks
icequeen
Alien614

~~~ Part 5 ~~~

Liz had just walked into her bedroom when she heard the private phone line in her bedroom ringing. She threw done the shopping bags in her hand and ran to answer it just before it stopped ringing and went to voicemail.

“Great I hope I didn’t miss the call confirming the band for the Ball.” She thought as she mentally berated herself for not having a cell phone.

She walked over to the double French doors that lead to her own private balcony and went out and placed both arms on the ledge and placed her chin on her arm.

It had been 4 days since she had seen Max at the bookstore. She had thought of him so many times and picked up the phone to call him but quickly hung up as if her hand had been on fire.

He was so nice, and sweet and hot, she thought with a small smile on her face, she closed her eyes and felt the warm sun shining on her face, she pictured him again in her mind, she could remember how big and warm his hand felt when he had touched her back to cross the street.

A little sigh escaped through her parted lips when all of a sudden she heard. “Elizabeth what are you doing?” Jeff Parker asked as he came out of the door way and stood next to his daughter.

“Oh ahh Hi Dad, I was just getting some fresh air.” She said as she straightened up and patted her hair in place.

“Really you had a very odd expression on your face is there anything that you want to talk to me about?” he asked as he put both hands in his pockets and stared directly into Liz’s eyes.

“No Dad, I’m fine just a little overwhelmed with everything for the Ball its 3 weeks away.” Liz said as she walked back into her bedroom trying to get away from the “I’m a parent and I can see everything look” her father had been giving her.

“Oh Lizzie, would you like some help with that, I can hire someone if it’s too much for you.” Jeff said.

“No, I got it but umm I was thinking of going away this weekend to the spa.” Liz said as she sat down at her desk.

“Sure honey, that would be nice, would you like my credit card or cash?” he said as he pulled his wallet out if his back pocket.

“I got it dad, thanks.” She said as she began to write in her organizer.

“Ok well I’m going out tonight, I have a very important business dinner with a client, would you be able to attend it with me?” he asked as he made his way to the door.

“Sure dad what time should I be ready?” Liz asked.

“Eight o’clock sharp and please look your best; I want to show off my beautiful daughter.” He said.

“Ok” Liz said.

“Great see you in a little while then.” Jeff said and walked out of the room.

Liz let out a sigh as she got up and grabbed her phone off of the desk. She dialed her secret code to get her messages and heard “You have 1 new message.”

She grabbed a pen and a piece of paper incase she had to write down a number. She then heard, “Hey Liz it’s Max I was just calling to say hi and see how you are doing, umm I wanted to ask you this live not on your machine but here goes, I was calling to invite you out to dinner tonight and maybe we can catch a movie or something, well anyways give me a call, hope your having a good day, Bye.”

Liz was jumping up and down still holding the phone to her ear.

Oh my god he called! Yes!! What am I going to wear? She thought as she rushed to her closet, she then remembered that she had made plans with her dad.

“Shit!” she said out loud as she paced her room, “If I tell my dad I can’t go after I said yes he’s going to freak out, I’m just going to go talk to him and say that I cant go something came up, he’ll buy that right?” she asked herself as she made her way down the stair case and directly towards her fathers office.

She stood before the door talking to herself for a minute before she knocked. A maid that was walking by gave her the oddest look. Liz smiled at her as she thought “Great she thinks I’m nuts standing in front of the door talking to myself.” As she waved at her and then knocked on the door.

She heard her father call out to “come in” and she opened the door and said “Dad got a minute?”

“Yes I know, tonight at 8, my daughter and I will be attending, yes please reserve the table for 4.” And hung up the phone.

“Yes honey?” Jeff asked as he folded his hands together on top of his desk.

“Ok about the dinner tonight, something came up and I won’t be able to attend.” Liz said it all in one sentence before she lost her nerve.
“Elizabeth I already confirmed that you were going to attend with me.” Jeff said as he massaged his temple with one hand.

“I know and I apologize but I really need to...” Liz said as Jeff interrupted her.

“What is so important that you would cancel on your father when I specifically told you that it was a very important dinner, how would it look to my client if I just told them “yes my daughter is coming then I say ohh wait no she isn’t?” it looks irresponsible Liz.” Jeff said in a very serious tone.

Liz felt tears welling up behind her eyelids. “Why can’t I stand up to him? Why does he make me feel like I’m 5 years old again?” she thought as she stared at her father without saying a word.

“Fine Dad, whatever you say, please excuse me.” She said as she walked out of the room and ran up the stairs to her room.

She walked in to her bathroom and turned on the faucet. She splashed cold water on her face and looked at her reflection in the mirror as she thought “He’s all that I have left, he is the way he is and will never change. Her face had water dripping down, and her eyes were red rimmed.

“Deal with it Parker, he’s your father, and maybe Max will want to go out on another day.” She whispered to herself as she grabbed a towel and patted her face dry.

She went to her book shelf and grabbed the book that Max had written his number in and took a deep breathe before dialing. “I hope I get the voicemail.” She thought as she dialed the number and heard the line begin to ring.

On the third ring Max picked up.

“Hello” Max said.

“Hi Max its Liz.” She said as she began to pace her room nervously.

“Hi, how are you?” Max had been lying down on the couch reading a book.

“Oh I’m doing great thanks, haven’t had any accidents that you could have saved me from.” She said with a smile, “are you busy?” she asked.

“No not at all.” He said as he sat up and laid the book on the coffee table. She called” he thought with a smile.

“Ok great umm I heard your message and I wont be able to tonight, I’m sorry.” Liz said as she held her forehead in her palm and closed her eyes.

“Oh really.” Max said as he tried to hide the disappointment in his voice. “Maybe another time then.”

“Well actually I was wondering if you wanted to do something this weekend.” Liz had just remembered that she had told her dad she was going to the spa this weekend, she would just not go and stay in one of the guest houses on the property, he’d never know she thought.”

“Yea that would be great, this weekend then.” Max said as a smile lite up his face.

“Yes for sure so umm then you want to meet up on Saturday at around 8 o’clock?” Liz asked.

“That would be perfect Liz.”

“Ok well great, umm I have to go now, I just wanted to call you back since you had called me.” She said.

“OK then; talk to you later and Liz one more thing.” Max said before she went to say goodbye.

“I’m glad you called, bye.” And hung up.

Liz slowly placed the phone down and began to dance and jump around the room.

“Ok so what the hell am I going to wear for Saturday?” she asked herself as she ran to her closet.

~~~ The Whitman Home ~~~

“Mommy loves you Gavin, loves you sooo sooo sooo much.” Isabel whispered to Gavin who had fallen asleep on her chest as she sat in a rocking chair in his nursery.

She loved it when the baby drifted off to sleep on her chest, his little hand curled into a fist on her chest, his full pink lips in a small pout as he cuddled into her breast.

She smiled and kissed the top of his little head as she got up and laid him in his crib. She covered him with his white Winnie the Pooh blanket before quietly leaving the room.

She went into her bedroom and grabbed the picture that she had placed on her mirror. She stood there looking at her brother. She never knew why she would sometimes dream and hear the voice of a little boy. It all made sense to her now.

She wanted to be alone before she tried this. Alex thought that it wouldn’t be a good thing to try to dream walk Max before getting some information on him, but she had to, everything inside of her was urging her to try this and the time had come.

Gavin would sleep now for at least 2 hours and that would give her time to try.

She laid down in bed on top of her white bed spread with little pink roses and got comfortable.

She closed her eyes right before placing her index finger on the picture.

Nothing happened she opened her eyes and saw that she was still in her bed room; the wind was making the curtains sway back and forth she noticed as she once again touched the picture and closed her eyes.

She let out a frustrated groan as she realized that it wasn’t working. She sat up in bed and thought “Ok so something is not right here, dream walking is always a piece of cake for me.”

It then hit her as she looked out the window, it was early afternoon, and he had to be sleeping in order for her to be able to get through to him.

She got up from bed and placed the picture back on the mirror as she thought “Tonight.”
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Part 6

Hey guys thanks so much for the awsome feed back I love it!!!! I hope you like the next part. :D

~~~ Part 6 ~~~

~~ The Guerin Home ~~

“Michael for the love of all that is holy call him already!” Maria Guerin said to her husband as she handed him the phone.

Michael just looked at her and laughed, “I was gonna call him.” Michael said in his own defense.

“That’s what you have been saying for the last week, I know that he hasn’t called since he left, but maybe he’s been busy or something.” Maria said as she finished painting her nails and was now waving them around like a mad woman.

Michael dialed the number and then heard Max’s voice.

“Hey there buddy, long time no talk.” Michael said with a smile on his face.

Maria smiled as she watched Michael’s face light up, Michael wasn’t really a people person but he and Max had hit it off since the time that Max and he had worked at the same restaurant.

“Michael, wow it has been too, long how are you?” Max asked as he stopped typing and got up from his desk.

“I’m good man, same old shit just wanted to check up on you, haven’t spoken to you in awhile.” Michael said.

“I’m great how’s your beautiful wife doing?” Max said as he opened the curtains and saw that it was a picture perfect day out.

“She’s good, she says Hi.” Michael said.

They talked for over half a hour, Max filling Michael in on everything that he was doing and about his novel and Michael telling him about the new restaurant that he wanted to open up as soon as he got a loan from the bank.

“Yeah just happily setted in to married life.” Michael said as he shot a wink at Maria.

“Well then why don’t you guys take a vacation, a second honey moon or something?” Max said.

“And go where?” Michael asked.

“Hawaii, Aloha, why don’t you guys come down here, its absolutely beautiful and you can get some smog free fresh air.” Max said as he thought it had been too long since he had seen his friends.

“Wow, that would be nice let me ask Maria what she thinks hold on,” Michael said.

Max thought with a laugh that he had just suffered a broken ear drum as the sound of Maria’s happy scream left bells ringing in his ear.

“I’ll take it as a yes she wants to come.” Michael said as Maria wrapped her arms around his waist and placed kisses all over his face.

“Ok so give me 2 weeks to let my job know and I’ll call you back with the dates and time and everything.” Michael said.

“Great, hope to hear from you guys soon.” Max said he laid down on the sofa and felt his eyes growing heavy, he had been up late writing as usual, a small yawn escaped through his lips.

“All right buddy you sound tired, I’ll call you some time next week, bye.” Michael said before he hung up.

Maria had let Michael go and was now jumping around the living room.

Michael laughed as he went over and grabbed her hands.

“Babe, I’m sooo happy this is going to be so much fun, we can see Max and take the vacation we have been talking about since forever!” Maria said as she felt his lips press gently against hers.

“Maybe we can do some other stuff while we are there.” Michael said as he ran his hands up her arms.

“Like what?” Maria asked as she felt his hands caressing her back, making goose bumps break out over her arms.

“Well what better place is there to renew our vows at?” Michael said as he softly bit her bottom lip.

“Oh Michael, that is the sweetest thing I think you have ever said to me.” She whispered against his lips as she caressed his chest with both hands.

“I thought that you’d like that idea.” Michael said before he sucked in his breathe as he felt Maria’s hand unzip his pant zipper.

“I love it, and I love you.” Maria said as she slipped her hand in his boxers and began caressing him.

Michael looked into her eyes and thought “I have never loved someone more.” As he brought his lips back to hers and softly caressed his tongue against hers.

Maria felt heat spreading all over her body, as she continued caressing and kissing him.

He then grabbed her by the back of each thigh and lifted her into the air, never breaking the contact between there lips as he walked to there bedroom and laid her down on the bed.

~~~ The Whitman house ~~~

“Right, Ok Tommy thanks for the update, I appreciate it.” Alex said as he hung up the phone and watched Isabel passing her hand over a vase of white lily’s that he had given her last week, It never ceased to amaze him when ever he saw Isabel use her powers.

“What did he say?” Isabel asked as she re-arranged the now beautiful vase of flowers that had looked wilted just a few seconds ago.

“He wanted to let us know that he has a preliminary search, there’s quite a few Evans, or M.Evans in the world, he’s going to get the list of them and then match the ages, and hopefully he will call us back with some good news.” Alex said as he followed her into Gavin’s nursery.

They both stood there watching Gavin as he slept with his little bottom in the air and his hand resting against his cheek.

He stood behind Isabel and kissed the top of her head as she grabbed his hand and brought it to her lips.

“He’s so beautiful isn’t he?” Isabel asked as she turned around and still holding Alex’s hand and walked out of the room.

“Just like his mother.” Alex replied as they made there way into there bedroom.

Isabel smiled and went and stood in front of her dresser.

Alex knew that she was looking at the picture of Max and herself.

“Babe, do you want to try now?” Alex asked.

“Try what?” Isabel asked as she looked into the clear amber colored eyes of her brother.

“To sleepwalk him.” Alex said simply.

“Yes, will you hold me while I do it?” Isabel asked as she walked over to the bed holding the picture and laid down.

“Of course Iz.” Alex said as he laid down on his side and pressed her back to his chest.

“Be careful please.” Alex said as he kissed her cheek.

“I will babe, thank you.” Isabel said as she got comfortable and laid her head down on Alex’s arm.

She took a deep breathe before placing her index finer on the picture.

Instantly it felt like she was thrown into darkness, all of a sudden she was standing outside of the courtyard of a big gray building, in the distance she could see kids running around and playing tag. As she walked forward, she kept turning her head side to side trying to see if she could see if anything that could tell her where she was.

As she kept walking she saw there was a swing set apart from what seemed to be the park she had been walking through.

She held her breathe as she saw a little boy, pushing a blonde haired little girl softly in the swing.

As she walked closer she had to place her hands on a tree trunk to not be overcome with emotion.

That little girl was her, and the little boy pushing me was Max, she could see the light colored eyes from where she stood.

“Faster, faster!” the little girl called out as her long blond pig tails swung back and forth in the breeze.

“Not too fast Izzy bear, you might fall.” The little boy called out as he continued to push her.

Max was dreaming, he was watching himself pushing the little girl that always haunted his dreams. He often thought about her and wondered why she was always in his dreams of when he was a small child. He loved these dreams were he was the third person and could just sit back and watch.

He all of a sudden got the strangest feeling, as if he was being watched. He stood up from where he had been crouched down watching and looked around.

Isabel then saw a tall dark haired man get up and look around. “Who is that?”
She thought as she pressed herself closer to the tree then laughed as she remembered that no one could see her.

Her eyes opened wide when she saw the man’s head turn and look in the direction of where she was partially hidden behind the massive tree trunk.

Max could have sworn that he just heard someone laugh, he had had this dream before and never heard an adult laughing before. He couldn’t shake the feeling of someone being there.

Isabel felt frozen where she stood, she wanted to look again, but she felt scared; she had never been seen before. She turned around and placed both hands on the trunk of the tree and peered out towards where the man had been standing.

Max was still looking around when he saw in the distance that someone was standing behind the tree, and had peeked there head out.

He squinted his eyes and tried to make out who that was standing there.

Isabel made eye contact with the man and slowly began to come out from behind the tree and began walking towards him.

Max’s saw a women walking towards him, she had long blonde haired and it appeared as if she was in her pajama’s “What the hell is going on?” he thought as he heard something ringing, He looked around and again heard the ringing.

The woman was still walking towards him and he could swear that he heard his name carried to him in the wind.

Max heard the damn ringing again and opened his eyes as his voicemail picked up the call that had woken him up.

He sat up and held his head in both hands as the thought “What the hell happened? Who was that women in my dream?”
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

:)

Hello wonderful people!!!!!! Lol I finished this like 2 minutes ago and wanted to post something before X-mas since I'm going to be going away.

Thanks for the great feed back and I hope you like the next part. :oops:

Have a Merry X-mas and a great New Year!!!!!

XOXOX,
Frances :D

PS:
My best friend/beta (IceQueen) didnt read this b/c she is in PHILLY with out me! haha so no one pre-read it and Im a nervous reck...lol

~~Part 7~~

“So are you ready for your weekend get away Elizabeth?” Jeff asked as he watched Liz walking down the marble staircase, suitcase in hand.

“Yes Dad, I’m ready to go.” Liz said as she placed her Louis Vuitton suitcase down on the floor next to her.

“Well I’m on my way out as well, take care and call me if you need me.” He said as he stepped forward and placed a kiss on her forehead.

As he opened the door he turned back around and asked “Where exactly will you be staying?”

“The Oasis.” Liz replied.

“All right then, please call me at some point so that I know that you are all right.” Jeff said as he walked out the door.

Liz watched her father from one of the windows as he headed towards his car seconds later she heard him drive off.

She turned around and grabbed her suitcase and almost ran to her car. The guest house was a 5 minute drive from the main house. Which Liz was thankful for, her father never traveled out there and it had its own separate entrance and exit for her to be able to hide her car and be able to move around freely with out any of the staff seeing her.

As Liz pulled up to the guest house she couldn’t help but smile. She was going to see Max tonight. It didn’t bother her that she had to lie to her father by telling him that she was going away for the weekend, he would never approve of her going on a date with someone like Max, she grimaced as she got a mental picture of Sean, but her father wasn’t going to stop her.

She got out of the car and grabbed her suitcase; she placed it down on the floor next to her as she bent down and lifted the mat up in front of the door in search of the spare key.

She stepped into the quaint 2 bedroom cottage and ran towards the huge white overstuffed sofa and threw herself down. She often came here to relax and get away from the huge mansion she lived in.

She thought “In just a few short hours, I’m going to see him.” As she laid there she thought of the hours of conversation they had had on the phone, just last night they had stayed talking until the sun had come up, and never once did the conversation go stale, or boring.

As looked at her watch and saw that she had about 4 hours to burn before the date.

“Ok what can I do?: watch TV, no... Listen to some music……no…..” she thought to her self as she got up and grabbed her suitcase and headed towards the master bedroom.

She placed her suitcase on the four poster tan colored bed and began to take out her clothing.

She had brought several different outfits to wear tonight she thought “Ok so maybe 5 different outfits is a little too much.”

She went and then stood in front of the dresser mirror and ran a hand through her long silky brown hair as she scrutinized her reflection.

She picked up her hair in both hands and thought “Why not really go the spa and get a little mini makeover.”

As she walked out of the room she grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

~~~ The Whitman home ~~~

As Isabel bolted to a sitting position Alex was so startled that he almost fell off the bed.

“Isabel breathe, honey I’m right here its ok baby.” Alex said in a low whisper into Isabel’s ear while she continued to breathe hard and rock herself back and forth.

“Alex, I cant believe it, I saw someone in the dream.” Isabel said as she turned and grabbed Alex’s face between both of her hands.

“Who did you see? What did you see?” Alex asked as he looked into Isabel’s eyes and noticed that her pupils had enlarged to the point where only a slim line of brown was visible.

“I saw me, well me when I was little and Max, we were on a swing and he was pushing me, he called me Izzy bear.” Isabel said as she closed her eyes tight, when she re-opened them her pupils had gone back to there normal size.

“I saw a man he had dark long hair, and he was watching us, he saw me, he heard me Alex, how is that possible?” Isabel asked as she got up from the bed and began to pace back and forth in front of the bed.

As Isabel walked by he grabbed her hand “So he saw you, what happened next?” Alex asked.

“Well he heard me laughing, and he began walking towards me but then he woke up.” Isabel said as she let go of Alex’s hand and went and stood by the bedroom window.

“Ok so do you think that you could remember his face?, we can have someone draw it, maybe do one of those simulated pictures of what someone would look like years late?” Alex said as he got up and stood behind Isabel, pulling her body into the circle of his arms.

“You’re brilliant Alex Whitman, thank you.” Isabel said as she turned around and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“Ok so then we’ll do that, tomorrow morning we will get some one to draw what you saw.” Alex said as he brought Isabel back to the bed. He pulled back the covers and helped Isabel lay in bed as he tucked the sheets around her.

“Where are you going?” Isabel asked as Alex opened the door to there bedroom.

“I’m going to check on Gavin, I’ll be right back.” He said as he creped quietly down to the baby’s room, he stepped into the room and observed his son sleeping peacefully.

He placed both hands on the railing of the crib and then reached out and softly ran a finger over Gavin’s smooth round cheek.

A tiny smile along with a dimple appeared on Gavin’s cheek as Alex whispered “We are going to find your uncle little guy, no matter what I want mommy to be happy, just you wait.”

~~~ The Oasis Spa and Beauty Salon ~~~

“Ms. Parker, what do you think?” the hair stylist asked as she swiveled Liz’s chair around to face the mirror.

Liz got up from the chair and smiled as she ran a hand through her hair. She had gotten it cut to her shoulders her long silky mane was now feathered out and framing her face.

“I love it thanks so much!” Liz said as she turned around and thanked the beautician one more time.

Liz walked out of the salon and looked at her watch, 2 hours to go, she had gotten a manicure, pedicure and now had a brand new hair do, she couldn’t feel any better.

~~~ Max’s apartment ~~~

“So it’s almost time, let me give her a call and see where she wants to meet up.” Max thought as he grabbed the phone of the coffee table and dialed Liz’s number.

He got up and began to pace the room as he heard the phone ringing.

One ring turned into two, until he heard her voicemail pick up.

“Ok.” He thought as he looked at his watch and thought well, “it’s only about an hour till the time we said we were going to go out.”

He sat down on the sofa and rested his head back on one of the cushions, as he sat there he thought about the dream that he had the other night.

He had thought about it so many times, for some reason she looked familiar he never got a clear look at her face, but something about her seemed to call out to him, he had spent hours thinking about it.

“No sense in thinking about that, it was just a dream nothing more.” He thought as he grabbed the TV remote and turned on the TV.

Across town Liz had just finished applying her lip gloss; she gave herself a critical glance in the mirror. She was wearing black dressy pants with her favorite black leather boots and a pink off the shoulders blouse. She finished the outfit off with slim silver hoop earrings, and a silver necklace with a heart shaped locket that had a picture of her mother in it.

Her hair was down and framing her face, her makeup was very natural with only a hint of the color pink on her lips.

“Ok I’m ready, now to call.” She thought as she grabbed the phone, and dialed.

Liz held her breathe as she heard the line ringing, she then heard his voice.

“Hello.”

“Hey Max its Liz, how are you?” Liz asked as she picked off a piece of imaginary lint off her pants.

“Hey you, I’m good how are you?” Max said as his face lit up with a smile.

“I’m great, umm I’m ready and I was calling to see where you wanted to meet up.”

“Oh well I thought you would want me to pick you up.” Max said as he scratched his head.

“Oh that’s ok, I can meet you somewhere.” No way can he pick me up here.” Liz thought with a frown.

“Ok well how about we meet up at the Bookstore again, that’s not too far from where I’m at, how about you?” Max asked as he got up and grabbed his keys.

“That’s perfect; I can be there in 20 minutes.” Liz said as she grabbed her purse off the bed.

“Great then I’ll see you in 20 minutes bye Liz.” He said as he hung up the phone and walked out the door.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

As Max stood in front of the bookstore he placed his hands in his pockets, and leaned against the wall, he stood there watching the people walking by and smiled as he saw a young family the couple had two children, as he stood there he remembered the dream, the little blonde haired girl, and himself pushing her.

“I wonder how that little girl is doing now.” He thought as he felt someone tap him on the shoulder.

He turned around and came face to face with Liz.

His heart skipped a beat as he looked down at her smiling face. She looked amazing. The curve of her shoulders called out to be touched.

“Hi” Liz said as she touched the locket around her neck.

“Hi Liz.” Max said as he placed a hand on her elbow and bent down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

When Liz felt his lips on her cheek, a tremor went through her body as she smiled and kissed him back.

“You look amazing, I love your hair.” Max said as he stuck his hands in his pocket, the urge to touch her was overwhelming.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” Liz said as she admired his crème colored slacks and white long sleeve button up shirt.

Max smiled as he grabbed her hand and entwined his fingers through hers.

“Ready?” He asked.

“Yes.” Liz said as she began walking along with him.

They reached his car and Max opened the door for her and shut the door after she got in.

As they began to drive off her reached over and inserted a CD the sounds of 311’s “Love Song” began playing he then reached over and placed his hand on tops of hers and squeezed gently.

Liz couldn’t help but smile as she looked down at there hands and noticed again just how beautifully masculine they were, her hands seemed tiny in comparison.

“I love this song.” Liz said as they began to drive off.

“So I was thinking we could get a bite to eat.” Max said as he looked over and stared at her beautiful face before turning away.

Liz watched as Max drove with one hand on the steering wheel, his lips were moving silently as he song along with the song.

“He looks so good, and god can he look any hotter, with his 2 first buttons undone and his hair just reaching the collar of his shirt…whewww…” she thought tore her eyes away from him as she felt he car coming to a stop.

She looked out her window and noticed that they were in front of a very trendy restaurant that overlooked beautiful mountains.

“Wow this is really nice.” Liz said as she began to open her door, it wouldn’t budge.

Liz tried again to push the door with a little more force and it still wasn’t budging.

Max could feel his face getting hot, how embarrassing, the freaking door is stuck.

“I’m sorry Liz, let me get that.” He said as he let go of her hand, and reached for the handle.

Liz bit her lower lip as Max reached over, his arm had grazed her breast and his face was inches from her own.

Max had succeeded in opening the door, he turned his face and saw Liz’s lips inches from his own.

She looked so incredibly sexy, her lips were so full and pink, her eyes were brown pools that he could get lost in, he couldn’t help but move his head slightly forward as he gently touched his lips to hers.

Liz inhaled softly just before there lips met, she closed her eyes as she felt Max‘s hand gently caressing the nape of her neck.

Max closed his eyes, it felt like everything was going in slow motion, he would didn’t notice but all of his senses intensified, he could smell her soft perfume that assailed his senses, he could hear people talking that were feet away from him, his hands felt energized as he touched her and softly slipped his tongue into her slightly parted lips.

Liz shifted forward and places her hand oh his shoulders as there lips and tongues swirled and caressed each others mouth, lips, tongue.

Liz felt goose bumps break out on her arms as he broke the kiss and slowly back away with his eyes closed.

Liz let out a deep breathe as she reached out and placed her hand on his cheek and smiled.

Max opened his eyes when he felt Liz’s warm hand on his cheek, Liz was smiling at him, but wait a second, her hair was much longer, and she was wearing a long necklace with a oval pink diamond hanging just below her collar bone, it was twinkling and catching rays of light.

“What the hell?” he thought as he closed his eyes and opened them again, and just like that she was back to normal her, her hair was short again, and her necklace was the silver heat shaped locket.

“Are you ok Max?” Liz asked.

“Umm yeah I’m better then ok.” Max said as he grabbed her hand and said “Shall we?”

Liz let out a laugh as she nodded, Max had gotten out of the car and had held the door open for her and extended his hand out to help her out of the truck.

They made there way into the restaurant and sat at one of the tables that overlooked the mountains.

As they were sitting there and had almost finished there meals, Max began to ask her questions.

“So Liz, tell me more about you.” Max said.

“Oh umm there’s really not much to tell.” Liz said as she brought the coffee cup to her lips and looked at him over the rim.

“Ok, so you said that you are an event coordinator, what kind of things do you coordinate?” Max asked as he folded his hands together on the top of the table.

“Mostly business functions, things like that.” Liz replied.

Max could fell that she was a bit nervous; she had been fine up until he had asked her to tell him more about herself.

“Oh really, that’s interesting, I got a call about doing this.” Max had begun to say before someone had come and stood next to there table.

Max then noticed how Liz’s face had become very serious, and she was looking a bit pale at the person standing next to him.

“Hello Mr. Deluca.” Liz said as she set her coffee cup down and stood up to greet him.

Max looked over, there was a older man, dressed in a suit, he screamed money.

“Hello Elizabeth, my how you have grown up, you look wonderful.” Paul Deluca said as he lifted one of his eyebrows questiongly and asked “And who might this be?”

“This is my friend Max, Max this is a uhh….” Liz was about to say a friend of my fathers before Mr. Deluca cut her off and extended his hand to Max.

“I’m an old family friend.” With a smile on his face, Max could tell that the smile didn’t quite reach his eyes, it seemed forced actually.

Max stood up and returned the handshake “Nice to meet you Sir.”

Mr. Deluca nodded and said. “Well I’ll be on my way now, tell your father that I send him my regards.” As he looked back over at Liz, Max completely forgotten and walked away.

Liz felt her knees going weak, “Great just great, this is going to be public knowledge by tomorrow.” She thought.

“Are you ready to go?” Max asked as he reached over and grabbed her hand, caressing her palm with his thumb.

“Yes please.” Liz said as she got up.

Max got up and placed some money along with a generous tip and placed his hand on the small of her back as they walked out towards the car.

Max felt as if the mood had changed, she was very quiet and seemed upset.

As they got into the car Max asked. “Are you ok?”

“Yes I’m fine, I’m sorry I know that I seem a bit distracted.” Liz said.

Max looked over at her and smiled slightly.

“It’s ok, did you like the food?” He asked trying to change the subject.

“Yes Max it was great, thank you, I had a great time.” She grabbed his hand and placed it in her lap and laid both of her hands over his.

“Me too Liz, or should I say Elizabeth?” He asked playfully, as she stuck her tongue out at him.

“Please no, Liz is just fine.”

Max laughed as they pulled up to the bookstore where they had met up at.

~*~*~*

Hours later as Liz laid down in bed and cuddled into the pillow, she smiled the night had been perfect; well before she had seen Sean’s dad, and then after had been great they had went and ate ice cream , walked along the boardwalk, talked about so many things, things couldn’t have been better she thought as she fell into a deep sleep.

~*~*~

“Good morning can I speak to Mr. Parker please?” Paul Deluca asked the receptionist, as he sat back in his leather chair with a smile on his face.

:twisted:
Last edited by LovinGuerin2Much on Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Part 8

A/N: Ok so first of all I want to say sorry that this took me so long, I had severe writers block it was baddddd.....BUT I'm back as you can see.

I hope you like this next part..... special thanks to Lizard Queen and Icequeen for the support, badgering and manipulative threats that made me get my butt in gear... lol

Thanks for reading. :D

~*~* Part 8 ~*~

~*~ Whitman Home ~*~

“Ok how long was his hair?” the detective asked Isabel as he began to draw the person that she saw in her dream , the man she thought was her brother.

“Well it fell short of his shoulders, and curled up at the collar, it was also very dark brown well actually more black.” Isabel said as she squeezed her hands together on top of her lap.

Alex who was sitting right next to her reached out and grabbed her hand and gave her an encouraging smile.

Over the next half hour Isabel tried her best to remember every detail of her dream, this single act of having a drawing of who she knew with out a doubt was Max was to be the most crucial step in finding him, since Tommy had already said that he would compare all the possible Evans that fit the age bracket he found to the sketch Alex’s friend was drawing.

“Ok so is this who you saw?” The detective asked as he turned the finished pencil drawn sketch around and handed it to Isabel.

Isabel’s breathe caught in her throat as she looked at the drawing.

“That’s him.” She said with a smile on her face as she reached out and touched the piece of paper with the tip of her index finger, a small smile playing on her lips as she felt hope bloom in her chest.

Alex got up and patted the back of his friend as he said “I owe you man, thanks.”

“No problem” he said as he carefully tore the piece of paper out and placed it in a huge yellow envelope.

“Now if you two will excuse me.” He said as he got up and stood next to Isabel he said “I hope that you find him.” and patted her shoulder as he walked out the front door of Isabel and Alex’s home.

Alex watched from where he stood by the door as Isabel opened the envelope and slid the drawing out.

“I hope we find him soon.” He thought as he came back to where she was sitting on the sofa and crouched down in front of her, he placed his hands on each of her knees and gave her a tender kiss on her forehead.

“Honey.” Isabel said as she placed the picture next to her.

“Yes babe.” Alex said as he remained crouched in front of her.

“I want to try to dream walk Max again tonight.” Isabel said as she leaned forward and laid her forehead against Alex’s.

~*~ Parker Guest House ~*~

Liz opened her eyes and smiled as she stretched her legs and threw her arms out wide, Max’s image came to her the moment that she woke up.

“What an amazing night.” She thought as she turned on to her stomach and hugged her pillow. She grinned as she remembered the first kiss they shared “thank God the door got stuck that’s when he leaned over and kissed me.” She sighed as she closed her eyes and let out a little giggle.

She slowly sat up in bed and looked at the time, she frowned as she realized that she had slept a little longer then she had planned. Max had dropped her off at her car a lot later the she had expected, but the night was so amazing she hadn’t wanted it to end.

As she made her way into the bathroom, she remembered when they had gone to eat ice cream, and laughed and devoured it like two little kids.

As she undressed and stepped into the shower, she couldn’t help but feel almost giddy at the thought that everything had went so smoothly, she had never had a better first date.

It would have been perfect had it not been for Paul Deluca seeing her and Max at the restaurant. She sighed and finished washing up.

She had a whole day to herself; she thought “what should I do today, as she got dressed.

It was a beautiful day outside and decided that she would go downtown and get herself a cell phone, she laughed as she thought she was probably the last person on earth to get one, but she needed it so what the hell.

She got dressed in her favorite hip hugger jeans and a black tank top and slid on a pair of black sandals and headed out to the city.

As Liz arrived downtown to do some shopping she got out of the car and crossed the street, she didn’t notice that someone had stopped in there tracks and was staring straight at her. As Liz stopped at to admire a window front, someone came behind her and placed there hands over both of her eyes.

Liz froze as she felt someone whisper in her ear “Guess who?”

As Liz stood there, she remembered Sean whispering in her ear as he held her down, she did the only thing that she could think of; she rammed her elbow into the person’s stomach as she whipped around ready to hit them with her purse.

“Damn Parker, you just knocked a lung loose, is that any way to say hello to an old friend?” Kyle Valenti said as he bent over holding his stomach.

“Oh my God Kyle, I’m sooo sorry I didn’t know who was behind me!” Liz said as she placed an arm around Kyle’s shoulders.

“It’s ok just remind me to not catch you by surprise ever again.” Kyle said as he straightened up and smiled at her.

Liz smiled back as she looked up at him, it had been 6 months since she had seen him and she had to admit that he looked good, he had filled out and his chest and arms looked very muscular.

“When did you get back in town and why haven’t you called me?” Liz asked as she pushed back a strand of hair back that had fallen over his face when he had bent over.

“Well Parker I just got back last night, and in my defense I called you and who ever answered said that you would be away this week- enddd?” Kyle said as he turned his head and watched a leggy blonde walking by.

Liz let out a laugh as Kyle practically drooled over the women. He would never change, they had known each other since elementary school, and he would always remain a goof; he was like the brother she never had.

She cleared her throat to bring him back to there conversation, when that didn’t work; she nudged him with her elbow.

“Ouch.” Kyle said as he looked back at Liz who had her hands on her hips the leggy blonde completely forgotten. He broke out in a laugh and threw his arm over her shoulders, putting her in a partial head lock.

“So tell me what’s going on? What have I missed?” Kyle said as they walked down the busy street.

“Kyle you idiot, my hair!” Liz screeched as she broke free and began to walk next to him.

“It looks shorter then last time I saw it but it’s nice, very fluffy.”

“Fluffy? Great now I feel like a poodle, does it look all right?” Liz asked as she stopped and looked at her reflection in a window storefront.

“Oh great, this is a trick question kind of like when women ask if they look fat in something, how do I answer this?” He thought.

“I meant that it looks very bouncy and weightless.” He said quickly.

“Yeah that’s what they always say in shampoo commercials.” He thought.

Liz let out a deep breathe as she shook her head.

“Well Liz I gotta go, I have somewhere to be in one hour.” Kyle said as he placed his hands on her shoulders and gave her a kiss on her cheek.

“Ok but we have to get together again soon, have lunch of something.” Kyle said.

“Ok call me sometime this week.” Liz said

“Will do.” Kyle said as his head was once again turning in the direction of a attractive women walking by, he winked at her and she winked back.

He wiggled his eyebrows as he said “See ya Parker.” As he jogged over to the women.

Liz laughed as she turned around and walked to the nearest cell phone store.

~*~Parker Manner, The next day. ~*~

“Ok well thank you for the heads up.” Jeff Parker said into the phone as he slowly placed the phone back into its cradle.

Jeff could feel his pulse hammering in his forehead as he replayed the conversation in his mind, he walked out of his office and towards the formal living room, he parted the curtains and looked towards the garage, anxiously awaiting for Liz to arrive, she had some things to answer to him, and he hoped that he wouldn’t be disappointed in what she would have to say.

~*~

As Liz drove up to the house she could have sworn that she saw her father looking out the living room window.

“That’s strange.” She thought as she pulled up into the garage and got out of the car, she couldn’t wipe the smile of her face all weekend, as she approached the front door she reached out to grab the door knob, but before she reached it her father was standing in front of her holding the door open.

“Did you miss me that much Dad?” Liz said with a smile before looking up at her fathers face, instantly her smile faded and her face became serious.

“Elizabeth where were you this weekend?” Jeff asked as he shut the door behind Liz and went and stood in front of her crossing both arms over his chest as he waited for her to respond.

“I told you I was going to the spa.” Liz said as she began walking towards the staircase.

Damn I hope that Sean’s dad didn’t go running to my father and tell him that he saw me with Max.

“Liz I’m not finished talking to you, Paul Deluca called me this morning and told me that he saw you having dinner at a restaurant with some strange man he had never seen before.” Jeff said.

So much for Mr. Deluca not saying anything.

“Ok so I had dinner with a friend, what’s the big deal Dad?” Liz said as she turned around and faced her father, she could feel the blood rushing through her body as her frustration with her father began to build.

“The problem is that you told me you were going out of town, and that you wouldn’t be in the city all weekend, which indicates that you lied to me.”

“I had a change of plans and decided to stay in the city; it’s not a big deal dad. I’m going to my room now I’m tired.” Liz said as she turned around and began to walk up the staircase.

“So I raised a liar did I? This is how you are going to talk to me?” Jeff called out to her from the bottom of the staircase. “We have a name to uphold Elizabeth and I don’t want to hear that you are gallivanting around town with some man that is not even in our social circles, do you understand me?”

Liz turned around and walked a few steps down the staircase and was now eye to eye with her father.

“I’m not a little girl anymore Dad, I’m an adult, and I’m sick and tired of you treating me like a child.”

“What nonsense are you talking about I don’t treat you like a child!” Jeff said taken back that Liz was talking back to him.

Liz could feel the hair on the back of her neck standing up as adrenaline coursed through her, she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe.

“Dad I’m going to see whoever I want whether they are in our social circle as you put it or not” Liz said taking a step forward.

“I won’t stand for it.” Jeff said as he lowered himself to eye level with Liz.

“You aren’t going to shack up with some minimum wage man from the wrong side of the tracks that I don’t even know, and you will not lie to me again. You live under my roof you follow my rules do you understand me?”

“Well then maybe its time for me to move out.” Liz said, as soon as the words were out she realized what she said.

“Move out, I just said that I was going to move out, oh my God.”

Jeff uncrossed his arms and said “Stop acting ridiculous you can not move out.”

Liz felt as if a light bulb had just gone off over hear head.

Why have I never thought about this before?”

“Excuse me, Mr. Parker you have a phone call.” The maid who had just walked into the room said.

“I’m busy.” He said without even turning around to answer the maid.

“I’m sorry Mr. Parker it’s an over seas call, they said it was very important.” The maid said.

“Fine, I’ll be right there, Elizabeth we are not through, well speak about this over dinner.” Jeff said as he turned around and walked out of the room, and towards his office.

~*~ Max’s apartment ~*~

Max couldn’t concentrate he had re-read the same paragraph 4 times and still couldn’t remember what he had just read.

He kept thinking about the dream he had a few nights ago.

He got goose bumps as he remembered hearing the women laugh.

Maybe I should write this stuff all down, he had read that it was best to write down your dreams and analyze them later.

Max got up from the sofa and grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and sat in the window seat in the living room, he began to write all the details that he could remember.

When he had finished he had almost 2 pages of notes satisfied he put the piece of paper down on the desk and picked up the phone.

He decided that he would call Liz, and say hello he had missed talking to her, and hoped that they would be seeing each other again soon.

~*~

“Yes I did it! For once I spoke my mind and didn’t back down!” she thought as she stepped into her room and hugged her body with both arms.

Liz’s jumped about a foot when her private line started ringing, she laughed as she picked it up and said hello.

“Hey Liz, it’s Max how are you?” her stomach flipped at the sound of Max’s voice.

“Hey, I’m doing great how are you?” Liz said as she walked out towards her balcony.

“Much better now that I get to hear your beautiful voice.” Max said with a smile on his face as he leaned back in his computer chair.

Liz let out a small laugh as they began an over hour length conversation.

As Liz continued talking to him she realized how much she wanted to see him again, the confrontation with her father had made her feel some how free, she decided something as she sat there.

“So Max are you busy tonight?” she asked as she scrunched up her eyes and held her breathe.

Max sat up in his chair and said “Umm no not at all.”

“Well how about we do something?” Liz asked as she let out the deep breathe she was holding and opened her eyes again.

“Sure what do you want to do?” Max asked as he ran a hand through his hair.

“Umm how about we make it a Blockbuster night and get some takeout or something?” Liz asked.

Damn it am I being to forward, I just invited myself to his house she thought.

“That sounds great, at what time?” Max thought as he looked around his apartment and winced as he all of a sudden noticed the piles of books he had on the floor and tables, the stack of plates in the sink, and the almost dead fern in the corner of the room.

“How about 7, is that ok?” Liz asked as she walked into her walk in closet.

“Perfect let me give you my address.” He said as he thought, Great that gives me time to clean up and get a nice meal going.

“I got it, so then I’ll see you at 7 Max. Bye.” Liz said as she leaned against the door jam and hung up.

She bit her lips as she remembered the goodbye kiss that Max had given her the night before when he had walked her back to the car.

*** Flash back***

Liz pulled the keys out of her purse, as she reached her car.

“Nice car.” Max said as he caressed her hand with his thumb.

“Thanks.” Liz said as leaned back against the door and smiled.

“I had a great time Max, thanks so much.”

“No thank you.” Max said with a smile as he let go of her hand and leaned forward to wrap his arms around her in a hug.

Liz wrapped her arms around his neck and put her face into the crook of his neck, she let out a little sigh as she felt him pulling away.

Max’s face was within inches of hers, Liz couldn’t help but stare at his lips; she bit her lower lip as she noticed a tiny little beauty mark on the top of his upper lip.

Max leaned forward and placed small kisses on the corners of her mouth, he began to step back when he felt Liz’s hand cup the back of his neck and gently lead him to her mouth.

Max smiled against her lips as he rubbed his mouth against hers, then softly parted her lips with his, Liz’s returned the kiss and within seconds it became all consuming both forgetting where they where, would could be watching as the both were completely consumed at that moment.

~~End of Flashback~~

Liz opened her eyes and lightly touched her lips, she could swear that they felt as if they were tingling she then began to figure out what to wear.

~*~*

“Yes very discreet, that’s exactly what I want; money is no object do whatever it takes.” Jeff said as he placed both feet crossed at the ankles on top of his desk and hung up the phone.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hey guys thank you as always for the great feed back.. it makes me very happy. :D

Not awhole lot happens in this next chapter its really more like setting up for things to come... I hope that you like it.

So here we go on to Part 9...

~*~* Part 9 ~*~*

Alex had just put the phone down in his office when his secretary beeped him through the intercom.

“Mr. Whitman you have Tommie holding for you on line 1, he said it was regarding a personal matter.” She said.

“Thank you, I got it.” He said as he picked up the phone with a grim expression on his face. He couldn’t take more bad news; the search for Max was going so slowly and he didn’t want to give Isabel any more bad news.

“What’s up Tommie?” he said as he held then phone up between his shoulder and his cheek as he sat back in his chair.

“I got some good news for you Alex.” Tommie said. Alex could almost see his smile over the phone.

Alex sat up and felt his heart hammering in his chest as he listened to what Tommie was saying, it really was great news he thought as a huge smile spread across his face.

“Thank you so much, I have to go tell my wife, thanks again Tommie, I don’t know how we could have done this without you.” He said as he jotted down some information that Tommie had given him, he hung up the phone and jumped up from his seat practically running out of the office.

He was half way out of the building when he remembered that he didn’t have his car keys on him, he let out a laugh as he jogged back in and told the secretary that he wouldn’t be in for the rest of the day.

~*~*~

Max had been running around like a chicken with its head cut off, Liz was coming over to his apartment and he wanted everything to look perfect, he thought as he picked up his sneakers and went back to his room and placed them in the closet.

He came back out of his room and ran a hand through his hair as he surveyed his apartment, It looked much better now, he had cleaned up the messy living room and lit some candles he fluffed the sofa and everything looked much better.

He looked at his watch, she would be here in thirty minutes, time to take a quick shower and get dressed after I check on dinner, he went over to the kitchen and lifted the lid of the pot and took a whiff of the spaghetti sauce, he then opened the oven door and checked his garlic bread. He smiled as everything appeared to be going along just perfectly.

He began to strip his clothes off as he headed towards the bathroom.

~*~*~

“What the hell should I rent?” Liz thought as she roamed the many aisles of Blockbuster trying to find something to watch at Max’s house.

She had been here for the last 15 minutes and had picked up and put back over 6 movies.

She sighed as she finally picked the first thing that seemed appropriate for both a girl and guy to watch she decided to get one of her favorite movies, with a academy award winning actor in it.

She smiled as she congratulated herself over the choice of movie. She paid for the movie then walked out of the building she went and got into her car and pulled down the visor and checked her reflection in the mirror.

She applied a little bit of nude lip gloss and blew a kiss to the mirror as she let out a laugh. She felt happy, things were going great, she had finally told her father everything that she had been wanting to say for the longest time, she was about to spend time with the most amazing man, things couldn’t be any better she thought as she began to drive to the address that Max had given her.

She didn’t notice the dark sedan that pulled out after her and maintained a discreet distance all the way to Max’s home.

~*~*~

Max had just gotten out of the shower when he heard someone knocking on the door.

“Shit” He thought as he looked down at himself wrapped in a towel still dripping wet from his shower.

He grabbed his watch off the bathroom counter, she was 15 minutes early.

He ran to his room and grabbed his favorite jeans out of the closet, forgetting underwear and slid them on as he ran to the door still drying his hair.

He placed the towel around his shoulders and grabbed a black t-shirt as he jogged to the door and opened it.

He opened the door and there she stood, looking adorable and a little bit unsure.

He smiled as he held out his hand and said “Hello Liz.”

Liz bit her lower lip as she looked up at him, his hair was wet and fell in silky waves around his head, his shirt was a bit stuck to him and he was barefoot, he looked so freaking hot she thought.

“Hey umm sorry I’m a bit early.” Liz said as fidget with the movie in her hand.

“It’s ok; I’m a bit of a mess here please come in.” He said then let out a laugh.

“A very sexy wet mess.” Liz thought as she felt warmth spread across her cheeks at her line of thinking.

Liz walked in and looked around at Max’s home, it was very masculine, but very neat and organized, she noticed that there were no family pictures anywhere, but there were books on every table and shelf.

“Liz sit down please let me check on dinner really quick and I’ll be right back.” Max said as he placed his hand on the small of her back and led her to the sofa in the living room.

“OK Max.” Liz said as she sat down on the sofa.

Max walked out of the room and into the kitchen, Liz began to lean back into the sofa when she felt something poke her in the back.

“Ouch” she said under her breathe and reached back and grabbed whatever it was that had just poked her.

It was a black notebook, she looked over her shoulder to where the kitchen was and back at the notebook.

She opened it before she could stop herself, she saw what she assumed was Max’s handwriting.

On the top of the page in capital letters it said “Dreams”, she began to read quickly

1. Blonde women about my age
2. Long blond hair.
3. At the park of the orphanage

There were several paragraphs with things circled and highlighted. She heard Max call out that he would be right with here.

Liz quickly stuck the notebook back into the sofa and leaned back, what did that mean she thought?

Max then walked back into the living room “Dinner should be done in about 15 minutes.” He said as he sat down.

“Would you like anything to drink Liz” Max asked as he reached out softly and grabbed her hand.

“No Max thank you, I’m fine.” She said with a small smile on her face.

Max couldn’t help but stare at her she was wearing dark fitted jeans, with a black sleeveless v-neck tank top.

Her hair was down and framed her face.

“You look great Liz.” Max said

“Thanks.” She said as she looked down.

“Is something wrong Liz?” Max asked he noticed that she seemed to be a bit nervous.

“Umm no I’m ok; I’m just a bit nervous that’s all.” Liz said with a shy smile on her face.

Max leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead he said “Don’t be nervous everything is going to be fine, I hope your hungry I’m made spaghetti and garlic bread.” Max said trying to get her to get more comfortable.

“Sounds great, I’m starved.” She said.

“Great well please excuse I’m going to my room for a second, please make your self at home, look around and I’ll be right back.’ Max said as he got up and down the hallway to his room.

Liz got up and walked around the living room, she noticed that he had a state of the art computer and several post it notes and pens, books, maps all sorts of things on his desk, she went and stood by the window and looked out.

At the exact moment that she looked down she saw a man leaning against the hood of his car and looking up.

Liz stepped back for a second then shook her head as she looked out the window again he was still standing there looking up.

“That’s odd.” She thought as she watched the man quickly look away then began to walk down the street.

“Ok I’m back, did you miss me?” Max said with a smile as he walked into the living room and came to stand behind her wrapping his arms around her waist and placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“Of course.” She said as she turned around and was within inches of his face, she brought a hand up and placed it behind his neck and smiled up at him.

Max just stood there taking in every inch of her face, the beautiful brown doe eyes, the pink lips her long eye lashes, she was the most beautiful thing that he had ever seen.

He slowly began to bring his lips closer to hers he felt her hand on the back of his neck squeeze lightly and then he had no more thoughts as there lips met and eyes closed at they both were lost in the magic of the kiss.

It was a few seconds before he felt Liz pull back slightly, a huge smile on her face as her eyes appeared a bit sleepy, he laughed as he placed a kiss on the tip of her nose and took her hand as they made there way into the kitchen.

~*~*~

“Isabel, honey where are you?” Alex called out as he stepped into his living room.

Isabel stepped out of Colin’s room still holding the baby in her arms as she called out “I’m right here Alex, what’s the matter?”

“I’ve got some great news.” Alex said as he grabbed his son out of Isabel’s arms and placed a kiss on his forehead then one on Isabel’s.

Isabel crossed both arms over her chest, almost hugging herself as she held her breathe waiting for Alex to tell her what the news would be, she didn’t want to get her hopes up she tried to remain calm.

“Honey Tommie called me, he said that he and some friends went through driver’s license pictures that were compatible with the information that we have on Max along with the picture of that we had drawn of him.” Alex said as he sat down with his son in his arms and looked up at his wife who was still standing in the same spot that she had been in since he came in.

“Ok’ Isabel said in a whisper, her heart was beating so hard that it hurt.

“They found a match Izzy, they found a man by the name of Max Evans the point is that the pictures were a perfect match, we found him.” Alex said as he placed a sleeping Colin in his swinging chair and went and placed his hands on Isabel’s shoulders.

“Babe say something you’re scaring me here.” Alex said as he rubbed the very cold arms of his wife.

Isabel opened her eyes and smiled, a teary smile that made his heart ache, the look of love and happiness on her face brought a lump to him throat as he heard his wife whisper “I can’t believe that we found him.” Before she burst out in sobs and placed her arms around Alex’s waist as she cried tears of pure happiness.
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

A/N: Hi everyone first things first thanks to everyone that is reading this fic....

icequeen
begonia9508
FSUMSW94
Blink1lit
AmberEyed51
Natz
mmcherron
Earth2Mama
Alien614
purpleant
Emz80m
Timelord31
roswellluver
Lizard_queen
rigel

This chapter for some reason was really hard for me, and it doesnt help that R/L has been kinda nuts for me lately... anyhoot here's the next part I hope that you enjoy it.

Love,
Fran

Chapter 10:

“I’m so stuffed Max, thank you.” Liz said as she pushed her plate away from her and gently dabbed at the corners of her lips with the napkin.

“Aww you sure that your done, I have a whole pot left.” Max said with a smile as he stood up from the kitchen table reaching out to grab Liz’s plate as he got up.

“No thank you it was delicious though.” Liz said with a smile as she watched him take her plate and set it in the sink.

“Would you like another beer?” Max asked as he turned around and placed both hands behind him, holding on to the kitchen counter as he spoke to her.

Liz licked her lips and tried to maintain eye contact with him, but damn it was hard. With his arms behind him like that the black t-shirt basically molded itself to his muscular chest causing Liz’s heartbeat to accelerate and make her mouth go dry.

“No thanks I’m really not a big drinker.” Liz said as she broke eye contact with him.

Max grabbed her hand as he led her back to the living room.

Max couldn’t help but feel nervous, “Just because the most beautiful women I had ever been with was in the same room with me alone, looking gorgeous, smiling at me there’s no reason that I cant maintain cool, calm and collected.” he thought to himself.

He sat down next to her on the sofa, his knee bumping into hers as he made himself comfortable

He gave a mumbled sorry, and couldn’t figure out what the hell to do with his hands as he tried to relax

Liz wanted the sofa to swallow her alive, she felt so nervous and just like she was about to be pushed into a freezing cold pool. She had no idea why she felt this way.

Max leaned back into the sofa and felt something poke him. He stuck his hand behind the cushion and pulled out the notebook he had been writing in right before Liz had gotten there.

He looked over at Liz who gave him a small smile; he placed the book on the coffee table.

“So are you ready for the movie?” Max asked as he grabbed her small hand in his own.

“Sure, I hope that you like it, it’s actually one of my favorites.” Liz said as she grabbed her purse that was right next to her and pulled out the DVD.

“Man on Fire, with Denzel Washington, great choice.” Max said with a smile as he got up to put the movie on.

Liz drew in another deep breathe and waited for Max to come back to the sofa, she ran a hand through her hair and then placed both hands on her laps.

Max put the movie on then sat back down next to her, placing his arm behind her shoulders as the previews began to come on.

Liz snuggled deeper into his chest as a sudden sense of ease went through her body.

They sat like that for a little while before Max felt Liz’s hand move from his thigh to his stomach.

Max felt his stomach muscles contract at the touch of Liz’s hand

As his lips grazed her hairline Liz looked up and was staring into his beautiful brandy colored eyes.

She brought her lips up to his and gave him a soft opened mouthed kiss.

Max then placed a hand on the side of her face, almost cupping it as he brought his lips back on hers, softly turning his face so that there lips were grazing one another’s.

Liz could feel her heart beating at a thousand beets a minute; she opened her mouth slightly to allow Max to enter.

Liz could see stars as the kiss that began as nothing more then a grazing of lips had ended up into this hot frenzy.

She couldn’t get enough; his lips were addicting the way that he touched her, kissed her, and made her lose all sense of control. All she could see and feel was Max.

“Liz.” She heard Max say as she slowly crawled onto his lap, never breaking contact with his neck that she had been caressing with teeth, tongue and lips.

“Max.” she whispered as she sat on his lap and ran both of her hands through his thick long black hair.

Max thought that he was about to have a heart attack, Liz was now sitting on his lap, legs astride and her soft luscious mouth was wreaking havoc on all his senses.

He placed both of his hands on her waist then slowly began to travel the length of her body, passing the sweet curve of her hips, then to the delicate skin of her stomach until his hands were in her silky hair, holding her face captive between both of his hands as there tongues fought a battle.

Liz could not remember ever feeling this sensitive, this hot it was as if all her nerves were on fire, bubbling over making even the tiniest touch of Max’s hands electrifying.

Max had his eyes closed and was enjoying the moment, he wouldn’t take it any further, he wasn’t going to pressure her, she would set the tone for whatever happened tonight.

Liz let the moment guide her, she would think about the what if tomorrow, she leaned back breaking the contact of there lips as she watched Max open his eyes slowly a tender smile crossing his face.

She didn’t say a word, she grabbed the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head, and she then reached back and unclasped her bra, throwing both items on the floor.

She sat still just watching his face, noticing how he bit his lower lip, how his hands shook as he reached out to caress her stomach softly, as his hand made there way to her small firm breasts.

Liz threw her head back and let out a low moan as Max’s hands softly cupped her, his hands began to knead her nipples into small hard little nubs.

Max was in awe, he had never seen such perfection, he couldn’t hold back his lips ached to feel her.

He brought his mouth to one taunt nipple, slowly passing his warm tongue in little circles around it then hungrily sucking it into his mouth using his teeth to lightly pinch her nipples as he released her breast.

Liz thought that was going to lose it when he began to softly blow on her nipple, making her feel a tugging deep inside of her.

“Max, kiss me please.” Liz whispered against his parted lips.

Max caressed her lower lip with his thumb then brought her face to his and kissed her letting every bit of emotion run through him, he held nothing back.

Max gently lifted Liz up and laid her on the couch, they spent over an hour kissing and touching each other. Liz finally had to pull back because if she didn’t things were going to go to far, or well farther then she wanted them to go at the moment.

“Max, I think we should stop.” Liz whispered into his ear as she caressed his silky hair.

Max nodded and then kissed a trail from her collarbone to her face; the movie completely forgotten as they kissed, cuddled and caressed each other.

~*~*
2 weeks later:

Michael and Maria’s apartment:

“Babe, I’m done packing everything and we need to be at the airport 2 hours early.” Maria said as closed there suitcases and laid them on the floor next to the door.

“Michael did you hear me?” Maria said again as she crossed her arms over her chest and walked out to the living room.

She shook her head as she watched Michael lounging in front of the T.V watching yet another sports show.

“Michael!” Maria called out again.

“Yea?” Michael said before yelling out “YESSSSSSSS” as the team he wanted to win made a touch down.

Maria had to laugh. “Are you ready?” She asked.

“Yes I’m ready, you look great babe, you sure we can’t spare a few more minutes.” Michael said as he got off the sofa and ran a hand down Maria’s long silky blonde hair.

“Yes I’m sure, now let’s go lover boy.” Maria said with a laugh as she placed a kiss on his pouting lips.

“Let’s roll.” Michael said as he grabbed there suitcases and headed out the door.

~*~*~

“Yes I’ll see you tonight, I miss you too.” Liz said as her face shown with happiness.

She and Max had seen each other almost every other day since the night she had gone to his apartment for dinner.

Things were moving along great and she couldn’t be any happier.

At the moment she was up to her elbows in preparations for the ball that was just a short 2 weeks away.

She had spoken to him just a few minutes ago, he had told her that some of his friends were coming into town this weekend and wanted to see her the night before they were to fly in.

He really was the sweetest person that she had ever met, the time that they had spent together had been amazing she really felt that she knew so much about it, she loved the way her treated her. She couldn’t wait to see him.

~*~*~~
The Whitman home:

“Izzy babe, are you all right?” Alex asked his wife who was sitting at the kitchen table with her arms folded under her chin. She was looking out the window.

“Isabel?” Alex called again and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Isabel jumped and let out a yelp. “Alex honey I didn’t even hear you come up to me.” Isabel said as she ran a hand through her hair.

Alex smiled and placed a kiss on her forehead, and then went and filled two mugs of coffee for each of them and brought it to the table where he sat down across from Isabel.

“Hi.” Alex said with a silly smile on his face.

Isabel laughed and said “Hello.”

“You sure your all right babe, you seemed so lost a minute ago, you know that you can talk to me about anything right?” Alex said as he put down his mug and grabbed her free hand that was on top of the table.

“I know that Alex, I just can’t stop thinking about how close we are, but yet we are still so far away, I mean we know that we found him, but where is he?” Isabel said as she brought Alex’s hand to her face and nuzzled her nose into his palm before closing her eyes and taking a deep breathe.

“I know that you feel like its taking so long, but Tommy said that he has a lead, that he could possibly found out where he worked last and then that’s another start.” Alex said as he watched his beautiful wife, with her eyes half closed caressing him.

He felt such tenderness for her; she was and would always be the only women he would ever love. No one could compare to her he thought as a tender smile appeared on his face.

Isabel opened her eyes then and was taken aback at the look of love on Alex’s face. She was lucky that she found someone like him, someone that loved her despite everything that she was.

She quickly got up and grabbed his hand.

“Hey where are we going?” Alex said with a laugh as he was being dragged by Isabel down the hall.

“Is Colin still sleeping?” Isabel asked as she came to a stop in front of the baby’s room.

“Yes I just checked on him.” Alex said.

Isabel bit her lower lip and seductively grabbed him by the front of his shirt and brought him to her lips for a long deep loving kiss.

Alex ran his hands down her back tracing the graceful line of her spine as he kissed her with all the emotion that he felt for her, he felt her shiver as he pressed her against there bedroom door and thought again how much he really loved his wife.

~*~*~

“Wait tell me again, he’s a waiter and a struggling writer?” Jeff Parker said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Yes Sir, that’s what we were able to find out, we did a background check on him also, seems to be that he’s an orphan to boot.” The under cover detective said as he pulled out some papers from his brief case and set them down in front of Jeff.

He then placed several pictures of Liz and Max, random shots of them eating out, leaving movie theaters and pictures from when Liz had gone to his house and stayed almost all night. Every picture had dates and times.

Jeff picked up the pictures going through them quickly before he placed them inside a drawer of his desk.

“There’s also more information, personal information about him in that file.” The detective said before nodding and exiting the office.

Jeff picked up a picture of Liz that was on his desk, she must have been about 10 years old when it had been taken.

He let out a deep sigh as he thought of what he was going to have to do.