Broken Spirit Part 1/1 8/31 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

sweetbrowneyes
Addicted Roswellian

Broken Spirit Part 1/1 8/31 [COMPLETE]

Post by sweetbrowneyes »

Title: Broken Spirit
Author: sweetbrowneyes a.k.a Tiffany
Disclaimer: I still own nothing
Summary: Liz is queen of Antar dealing with the death of her husband... King Maxwell
A/N: I wrote this a while ago for school and I thought it'd make a good M/L story. This is a one partner and is based on Julius Caesar but set in modern times (and if you're not familar with Shakespeare that's okay, because the only reason I wrote this was for a class. :roll: ) Hopefully you guys like it. If you do, I'll be back some time later on with a sequel or tag or something. I already have something in mind. So if you have some type of phobia of character deaths, cause I do too, but Max will definately be in the sequel (if there is one.)

So, with all that settled, here we go....

<center>Broken Spirit</center>

It had been exactly one hour since my husband’s death. His stubbornness and ego wouldn’t allow him to listen to my warnings and stay home. He was deceived by his closest friends, murdered because of jealously.

Antar would never see a better leader.

Mustering up my courage, I sent for my servant, Maria, requesting that I meet with the men who cut my husband’s life short. I dried my tired eyes and fixed myself, not wanting to show any weakness.

“Elizabeth,” a strong male voice called. I whirled around, coming face to face with two of the conspirators themselves.

“Michael, Sean.” I nodded to both of them in greeting. My knees weakened at the sight of Maxwell’s blood, still staining their clothes. I turned my gaze to Michael, Max’s supposed best friend and confidant.

“You wanted to speak with us Elizabeth?” Michael asked.

“Yes. I want to know why you killed my husband, the ruler of Antar. Your best friend,” I spat bitterly.

“It was for the good of Antar. He was too ambitious. Surely you must have seen it. Even his friend could see it,” Sean replied while gesturing to Michael.

“You know as well as I do that Max was arrogant, conceited, and waited nothing but power,” Michael said.

“If you knew him as well as you thought you did, you would know that he loved his people!” I shouted, advancing towards them.

“We did what was best for Antar!” Sean argued.

“You did what was best for you! Now you will never know the extent of his generosity towards his people. You have them brainwashed into thinking he was the enemy, when the true enemy of Antar is you,” I said through gritted teeth.

They were still as I glared at them with evil eyes. They seemed taken aback by my outburst.

“I am dead without my love. And now, because of you, Antar will be too,” I stated before I walked away, leaving the two men standing in awe.

Maria trailed behind me as I stormed back into my chambers. In anger and sadness, I picked up a golden candle holder and throw it across the room. It didn’t stop until it smashed against the wall, crumbling into pieces. I found a certain satisfaction as I stare at the broken pieces on the floor.

“Elizabeth?” Maria called from my door.

“Yes Maria?” I say wearily.

“Alexander is here to see you. Should I let him in?” she asks.

“Yes,” I answered. “Maria, I want you to pack my belongings. I won’t be here too much longer,” I said before she could walk out.

She nodded and silently bowed out of the room. A few minutes later, Alexander, stepped into the room, his features showing great sadness.

“I’m so sorry Elizabeth.”

I pressed my hand to my stomach. “So am I. I just wanted to say goodbye. There is nothing else here for me,” I said.

He frowned. “You’re leaving? You can’t. You’re needed here,” he argued.

I stood my ground. “No. there’s no reason for me to stay. The conspirators have the people thinking that they’re better off without Max. I’m not safe here. Soon they will be against me too.”

He glanced at my hand that still rested on my stomach. Now he understands.

“Be careful Elizabeth,” he said before leaving me alone.

It has been two weeks since Maria and I fled Antar. Alexander and Kyle have gone to war with the conspirators in hopes to regain control of Antar. Michael and Sean are now dead and my husband’s death is avenged. But, I still feel pain in my heart and I thought that nothing could heal it.

But I suddenly see my husband walking towards me, soft smile, his figure transparent. I press my hand to my stomach and I feel a tiny heart beat. That pain that I felt eases a bit, even as my husband slowly fades.

I feel at peace now. Only his smile could heal my broken spirit.

<center>The End.</center>

Let me know what you guys think please. You can't turn down a please can you? :lol:

Tiffany
Be at Peace MJ