Skeezy-Ass Boyfriends

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

I think people set standards and they shouldn't change them.

Now, if your standards are unreasonable, then I say 'You're out of luck and senile.'

But as far as standards go, yours are reasonable.

When I would get depressed about guys, I tried to always make myself look at it this way: I might be ready to be in that kind of relationship, but maybe the guy I'm supposed to be in the relationship with, isn't. And until he's ready it's not gonna happen. Kind of helped with that whole HS mentality of "Where the crap is 'that guy' and why isn't he here yet so I don't have to go through all this?"

As far as the guys being physical - just stick to what I said earlier in the topic. But if force is needed, just remember "SING" (in Miss Congenality - I believe I spelled that correctly, I have no idea).

You can also think of things like this - you're 'paying your dues' so to speak, or getting all the crappy guys out of the way now so that you can focus on the good ones later!

And remember - when all else fails, there's always ice cream and chocolate! (And movies like The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, City of Angels, etc., etc. - All that will help get that good cry out and over!)

Ashley
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Morning Dreamgirl I always turn to the sappy romance movies when I'm down. :wink:

killjoy One of my biggest turn ons is men who are close to their families. There's nothing I value more. I'm really close to my sisters and brother. I never miss a ball game, school play, academic bowl, or science fair. :D

I'm just looking for someone to have fun with. That shares the same basic values and beliefs as I do. I mean every girl wants the *sparklers* Where he walks into the room and your eyes meet and the rest of the world fades away. Or when you accidently brush his hand when reaching for the popcorn and it's as if every nerve in your body is on fire. That is magical, but not reality. I just want to sit on a porch swing in a comfortable silence as we swing peacefully into the night.

I want a sweet moment. *Sighs* I am a hopeless romantic. :wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

FaithfulAngel24 - I know what you mean!

Fairy tales are great and all, but when it comes down to it, having a great guy is much better! I'd rather have someone I can get along with just hanging around the house or randomly taking a trip across country.

But I also want to be able to have an all-out blow out fight with them and know that when the sun comes up they're still going to be there. I don't want someone who's always right, always says the perfect thing. I want someone who challenges me and who makes me think about what I believe and why - just not constantly.

I think that people, and women in particular, place so much emphasis on having this 'perfect guy' (or girl) that it actually elminates all the chances that they had with great ones. Now, as I said before, standards are great, but who wants perfect? How boring would perfect be? Not only that, but how inadequate would you feel when compared to someone who was perfect?

One of the best things about someone is their flaws. It makes them who they are. I want to know that my guy procrastinates and I have to ride on him to do something because I do the same thing. Ya know? Or if he doesn't procrastinate, I want to know that he can't stand some of my tastes in music so that I can tease him about his.

And space! I want someone, who, when I tell them that I want space will listen to me and respect that. Not because I'm trying to push them away, or hurt them, or anything like that, but because I need space. I'm a human being and I have my own problems to sort out, some of which he can't help me with, so my guy needs to be able to respect that and take a step back while I deal with my stuff. And that way I can give him the same respect when he needs it.

LOL! It sounds like I'm ranting, but I'm really not. Just sort of pointing out how people never really tell you what they want. Anyone else realize that? It's like for every person we meet, we invent a new facade - or stick with one we're good at. People always put their best face on. Which is good, don't get me wrong, but how bad would it really be if, say, I went up to someone and said,

Hi. My name's Ashley.

I hate doing dishes.
I'm a girl and I can have a temper sometimes, but it goes away fast.
I like to sing, however I taught myself to sing off-key to annoy one of my brothers.
My family is southern, loud, and we're constantly in each others lives.
I also have no problem telling you the truth, even if it's not what you want to hear it - I'll tell you because you need to hear it.

But I also like dancing out in the rain.
And I want to learn to fight with a sword, spear, and shoot an arrow.
I also want to learn to paint.
Traveling is something that I'm dedicated to doing in this lifetime.
One of the things that makes me feel best about my self is volunteering - with kids and people who need it.

What's your name?

Can you imagine the reaction that would get?

It's like when people ask how you're doing and we say fine...

Why doesn't any one ever say "I'm doing great!" or "I really need someone to talk to..."

Wow, I've written a lot... hmm.

Okay, stopping because I'm getting way too into this and I have Will Smith telling me to watch him in Hitch.

Well, Will Smith isn't *actually* telling me to watch him, but you get the idea people! :wink:

One last thing - taking bets on if I can stay up that extra hour until 9:00 AM tonight and just start my day off without sleep. Any takers? LOL!

Have a great one and hope my little speech didn't scare too many people! :wink: & :mrgreen:

Ashley
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Morning Dreamgirl Amen!

I feel the exact same way as you do. I wish we could all just be who we are. I don't expect the perfect guy, because I am by no means the perfect chick. I have flaws and insecurities just like everyone else. I totally embrace them because the things that make me different from everyone else makes me unique. * I'm not trying to get all after school special on ya!* LOL

I find myself being drawn to men who express their individuality with pride. It's damn sexy to find a man who won't conform to other people's standards. I want someone who respects me and all that I stand for ,but allows me to make mistakes. I'll show him the same ,because if you truly love someone you accept you partner completely.

My intro would probably be...

"Hey, My name is Melissa ,and I drink straight out of the milk carton when no one is looking. I also dance around in my underwear when I get ready in the mornings to Elvis songs ,because it makes me happy. Also men love to compliment me on my ride (My baby is a 1994 Black Mustang Convertible with leather interior and cobra rims) :D They ask all these questions reguarding the motor and things that I cannot even begin to pronounce. I just smile and nod while beaming proudly. 'She goes really fast.'

I know absolutely jack about cars ,but I adore the feeling of the wind in my hair as I speed down those country roads to my home. My Gran (my favoritest person in the world) stands out in her garden with that ridiculously flamboyant pink hat and she can tell I'm about 1/2 mile away from the house ,because she can hear me coming.I've got some 80's hair band playing in my speakers that I spent a fortune on because I couldn't get it loud enough. This coming from the chick who won't waste the $3 on lip gloss. (Gotta have priorities right?)

I am extremely proud of my family and that we have lived on the same plot of land since right after the Civil War. I have a 'love of the land' that has been instilled in me since birth, and when I get married I hope to live in a little house on said land with a white picket fence running around it and our pond. I love to sing with the stereo really loud because it makes me sound better :wink: I adore picnics ,but I despise ants. (Nasty little creatures :twisted: )

I read Cosmopolitian from back to front. Making sure not to skip anything, because yes I do think those '101 ways to get your guy hot' articles are worthwhile. I talk alot. Did you notice? :lol: At times you will think I am a walking contradiction in terms ,and you would be entirely correct. You may not always understand everything I do and why ,but I can guarantee that with me you'll never be bored. :P So... Wanna go for a ride? I'll drive" :)
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

LOL!

The term "preaching to the choir" comes to mind!

I know... I just got so sick of pretending to be one person when I'm not.

And contradictions? Hello darlin! If you are a walking contradiction, then we need to exchange phone numbers because I think I've just found another best friend!

That whole not conforming thing? I love it! Probably the best turn on ever! :mrgreen: I want someone who knows who they are, what they want and doesn't have a problem going after it!

And the drinking out of the carton thing? I do that - except with apple juice. And I'll eat more ice cream then I should even though I know that too much makes me sick. The whole dancing in your underware thing? I'm there!

I turn on the stero in my living room when my family isn't around and just have fun! I don't care that half the time I look like a dork, I'm doing it because it for me. And if I have friends that are around, I have no problem with them joining!

I don't have a cool car like yours, but am in the market for one! :mrgreen: I also think having a bike would be fun! :wink: And I'm the first to admit that when I'm out on the open road, I have a need for speed!

I would love nothing more than to have a house somewhere out in the country one day while still being able to take trips to places like NYC and watch Phantom on Broadway again.

Picnics do rock! And trees growing together over the road! There's just something that takes my breath away about that... Like some secret they're hiding or they're embracing...

Being bored around me is like having rain every night in the desert - it could happen, technically, but it won't! LOL!

I never wear make-up. Or hardly ever anyways. I would rather sleep for those extra 30 minutes. I mean, don't get me wrong, sometimes I go through phases where I enjoy it, or even just have a day where I'll get all dressed up, but for the most part I'm fine with how I look without it. I don't need to spend $60 every couple of weeks or so on more make-up to make myself feel good about how I look.

And I should watch what I eat, but I don't really because I love Italian food. I have for as long as I can remember even though I'm not Italian. But I'm going to Italy one day! Rome, Venice, you name it, I'm there!

When I have something to say, you really can't shut me up. I'm a people person and even if I can't find someone to hang out with I love watching people. However, sometimes I'm quiet and I like to observe... but for the most part I talk! :D

I like shocking people. Making them think about what's going on instead of just going through the motions.

And I can't stand it when someone says one thing to get on my good side or be friends with me when it's not true. I'll like you for your differences as much as I would anyone else.

What else?

I have no sense of direction in my own home town. As long as I know how to get from point A to point B, I'm good. But throw in an A & 1/2 or an A & 3/4 and we have a problem! :oops:

But I'm okay with that because I love having the windows down and just driving - or turning up the radio and singing to whatever's on in my off-key voice! LOL!

Like I said - we could very well be best friends! Or long lost sisters! (Insert Duh-duh-duh-duh song here)

Ashley
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Wow, we've got a lot in common! :D

I too get lost in my own home town from time to time. I've always held strong to the belief that North is whatever way you are facing. :lol: Yep, I've got absolutely no sense of direction. Plue if you need me to tell you how to get somewhere you might as well hang it up because I don't know any road names or any other technical highway mumbo jumbo. My directions pretty much go like this...

"Okay, then you hang a right at that store where I bought that really cute purse.. No.. Not that one. The black one. Yeah. And then you keep going until you get to the clearing in the woods where Penni and Jacob got caught parking that time.. Yeah, but he says that the cop only arrested them for indecent exposure so it's alright. So... you go straight for about the length of two Bon Jovi songs. Not 'Wanted Dead or Alive' It's got a super long intro. Think 'Bed of Roses' and 'I'll be there for you.' Perfect. You should come across your destination ,but if you see a herd of cows on your left hand side you've gone too far."

He He He :lol: I do wear make up to school and work ,but it takes me maybe 15 minutes to do it. Just the basics. Foundation. Powders. Possibly Mascara if I feel like it. I do like getting dolled up for special occassions as long as the outfits comfortable. There's nothing worse than having to strut around in something that is too tight, you feel is too revealing, or just plain itchy.

I want to see the world! My friends and love to tease me ,because I swear I'm going to run off to Morrocco one of these days. To live for one year. I'll go by a completely different name and wear clothes I never would have worn otherwise. Just for the hell of it. :wink:

Food is my ultimate passion. I promise if you make it I'll eat it. There are a couple of choice items I'm not particullarly fond of ,but as a whole food makes me smile. My friends tease me on how when I get married I'll eat my poor husband out of house and home. LOL I just stick my tongue out at them. They are just jealous of my high metabolism. That and the fact that I can eat more than all their boyfriends combined. It's a running joke when we go to the movies cause I'll head up to the counter and say...

"I'll have a large bucket of popcorn extra butter, a bag of m&m's, some skittles, a reeses ,and some of those sour gummy worms. Mmmm. Also can I get a large coke." Then turning to my pals I'll ask. "Did you want anything?"
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

The whole north thing? I know which way is north if I'm at my house. Other than that - it's pretty much the way I'm facing.

The directions and the movie food thing is me to a T. Except I'm more partial to Junior Mints than gummy worms. And I like the icees. Don't you just love trying new foods? I've tried escargo and I thought that I would hate it, but I actually thought it was really good! Just goes to show you that you've got to try things at least once!

I would love to just have the freedom to move somewhere for a year! Like Tuscany, Venice, or Rome. Or London, Paris, or some other out of country place. I think that the way people live in different parts of the world are just so refreshing! They have such a passion that just surrounds your whole being and becomes a part of you. Everything from the clothes to the music to the food - experiencing different cultures is a must-do!

I used to wear make-up every day in HS. That's why I don't that often. I would if I had a job, but right now I'm dealing with different stuff so I don't have time for one. That'll have to change since I have about $75 in my account. :oops: But the good news is that I paid off my card at Express today! YAY!

That whole clothes thing - I agree with you 100%.

There's a difference between sensual and slutty, passionate and prostitute. :D

I think that when you're comfortable with what you're wearing and it allows you to be who you are and move like you naturally do, as well as projects the image that you want (i.e. who you are), you're naturally sexy and what's more you're confident. Which I think is the best way to dress. Confident! I've seen so many girls walk around with dresses that have no back, (almost) no front, and you know that there is no way they're wearing something underneath.

If you have the body and can get away with it, great. I think that (to some extent) I do, but for the most part the girls I see wearing such clothes are doing it to get the attention of males. I feel sorry for them personally. Most that I have talked to say (in essence) that they want to attract the 'knight' but what they're actually attracting in my opinion is the gate keeper.

To each her own I guess.

I'm actually glad that I realized what I wanted early in life - and realized what all my faults are. It gives me something to work on. There are so many people that I know who are just spending their nights out at parties and I know that while they're having fun now (and I like going to them too every now and then), they really have no idea what they want or who they are.

I know my good and my bad. Like for example: trust. It's a big thing for me. You break it, you might not get it back. Unless we've been friends for forever. And I'd rather someone tell me to my face when I'm really annoying them then telling someone else later. I can't do anything to make it up or talk to them about it if they won't tell me.

But I do know that I listen well. And I have the ability to diffuse situations before they get too out of control.

So all in all, I'm a work in progress and happy about it!

I'm never gonna be perfect and if someone puts me on a pedestal, I'll jump off. :mrgreen: I'm content knowing that I can do anything I want and that I'm working on it.

Now I just have to find a way to afford all my travels!

With a guide or a heck of a map! :wink:

Ashley
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

OMG I have an Express Card too! I paid mine off a couple of months ago. It was such a big deal that I went out with my friends for a 'getting out of debt' dinner. Which ended up putting me back in the hole. LOL. Well, when you hit rock bottum you've go no where to go but up.
For the most part the girls I see wearing such clothes are doing it to get the attention of males. I feel sorry for them personally. Most that I have talked to say (in essence) that they want to attract the 'knight' but what they're actually attracting in my opinion is the gate keeper
I laughed and laughed when I read this. :lol: So true...

I'm happy with who I am for the most part. Sure there are some things I wish that were different ,but thats what life is all about. Changing the things you can for the better, Accepting the things you cannot with a little dignity, and gaining the knowlodge on how to decipher the two, because realzing the difference is half the battle. :wink:

I look at the cover of my fav. girly magazine's latest issue and I grin knowing that while I will never really look like that, no one else ever will either ,because those aneroxic models are snipped, tucked, and air brushed to perfection. I'd rather be just me. I may be a little wear for the tear ,but you don't have to worry about not getting me dirty. I won't break ,and when I smile you'll know it's because of you ,and not because I'm thinking about a bacon cheeseburger. :)
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

OMG I have an Express Card too! I paid mine off a couple of months ago. It was such a big deal that I went out with my friends for a 'getting out of debt' dinner. Which ended up putting me back in the hole. LOL. Well, when you hit rock bottum you've go no where to go but up.
That's something I would do! LOL! I actually just got it last month. And I've decided I'm in love with it! Sigh! I got the cutest pair or capri pants, two shirts, and a neckless... and thus went $114.91 :oops:

I have to admit that I almost never spend that much on clothes! But now, I think I'm gonna shrink my wardrobe to having clothes that just fit me and that I love instead of having a ton of clothes that I just feel like going to sleep in. LOL!
I wish that were different ,but thats what life is all about. Changing the things you can for the better, Accepting the things you cannot with a little dignity, and gaining the knowlodge on how to decipher the two, because realzing the difference is half the battle. :wink:
I don't know how many times I've said that!

It's not about being perfect, it's about being you - the best you - and having fun while you're at it! Who wants to go around spending their life being serious all the time? :wink:
I look at the cover of my fav. girly magazine's latest issue and I grin knowing that while I will never really look like that, no one else ever will either ,because those aneroxic models are snipped, tucked, and air brushed to perfection. I'd rather be just me. I may be a little wear for the tear ,but you don't have to worry about not getting me dirty. I won't break ,and when I smile you'll know it's because of you ,and not because I'm thinking about a bacon cheeseburger. :)
I laughed when I read about the cheeseburger!

And let's not forget that those models also have the perfect lighting, an entire team of make-up and hair stylists as well as a professional photographer and a personal assistant. I promise, when I have all that I'll look like a million dollars too! :D

Besides, they're paid to look like that. If someone paid me to spend a couple hours in a make-up chair, I would. :mrgreen:

Otherwise, I think it's fun to go out and do things - like going to the park. I love to watch little kids running around or just sitting on a bench and feed the ducks. Or attempting to play sports. I am horrible at it, and I can almost never remember all the rules, but still.

But I do admit that going to the spa can be fun too... especially massages... ah. I love those! There's this place around here that I was given a gift certificate to for my 18th Birthday - I love it there! :wink:

Now I'm wishing I wasn't so broke... lol!

It's good though - it'll teach me 'character.' Although some people say I have enough of that to go around... or maybe they were just saying I had multiple personalities. Shruggs. Just Kidding! I'm sane... mostly!

Ashley
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

What I think is romantic?

Well this goes for a few post back on romantic stuff. But last year I took a day vacation (or night vacation seeing how I work nights) and went up to an outdoor stadium area close to the house. It set up on top of a mountain and at night you not only see the stars but all the lights from the town below.

I was there to hear a classical music concert. They had that huge harp where the woman sets behind and strums (sorry I don't know it's technical name) Sadly I was there by myself while others were there with their blankets on the ground, picnic boxes and candles.

Great atmosphere, great music and the whole time I was thinking that this would be romantic if only I had someone to share it with.

Also since I love old movies I like it when they show them on the side of buildings. This was made popular in the movie The Wedding Planner. Sadly where I live they do this a lot on Friday nights, which is a night I work so I don't get to do it much anymore.

But in the end I don't think its WHERE you go on a date or outing that important. It's that you show your significant other that the fact that you being there with them is what you enjoy most about the whole experince.The fact that you'd rather be there doing that with no one else but them is the main thing.