No Ordinary Love (AU, M/L, Mature, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

POM

No Ordinary Love (AU, M/L, Mature, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

Post by POM »

Title: No ordinary Love

Rating: Mature
Disclaimer: I owe nothing

Max & Liz

Alternative Universe without Aliens

A/N: This only a one part Fiction because I did it for a valentines day Challenge for another board.

Thanks Jessica of helping me beta this writting piece, your the best!! :D I don't know what I would do without you!!

Summary:

Before Max met Liz, he hated Valentine’s Day and anything associated with it. What starts out to be just an ordinary day, turns out to be extraordinary when he meets Liz, a young striving new college student. Who is everything Max isn’t, she’s outgoing, outspoken, and an independent girl. She’s new to New Mexico and when she bumps into Max it’s not love at first sight. But with time they fall in love and are married one year to the date they met. And the date just happens to be Valentine’s Day. Now, nine years and three kids later. Max and Liz are on the verge of celebrating their tenth wedding anniversary, but with the constant demands of work, reality, and the kids, Max wonders if he’ll ever pull off his plans of a romantic getaway...Only time will tell.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Nine years ago...Both POV]

My car broke down two blocks away from the campus, this is just great...a new state, new town, and new people. Well, I guess you could say that I’m the new person. Out of all the colleges that I got accepted to, I choose UNM. I know, even my parents were floored by the decision.

I grew up in sunny Oceanside, California. My dad is in the United States Marine Corps, we’ve been all over the country—even New Mexico at one time but it was only for a year. And on the military base I might add. But even as a ten year old girl, I knew what I liked...and I liked New Mexico. I wanted to come back here ever since.

Now my car is broken and I’m walking to the nearest town block and there’s guys eyeing me. God I hate that, just because they see a girl walking down the street does not mean that they have to start stalking her. I tried to walk faster, but they just continued to follow me.

God these small town guys just don’t give up.

At the same time across the street I saw a handsome, dreamy guy coming out of a small bookstore and I wondered if I would try something. I saw this in a movie once, don’t ask me which one...I’m horrible with names.

Here goes nothing.

“Baby, there you are...I’ve been looking for you everywhere. I thought we were suppose to meet at the coffee shop.” He stares at me blankly, as I see the group of guys stop and stare at me while I continue on.

“Oh, you’re so kind to get me that book that you’ve been telling me about Steinbeck, my favorite author. You’re the best boyfriend ever.” And with that I kissed him, full on the lips it only took him seconds to respond. But when he did, oh my god it’s like everything I ever wished a kiss could be.

He dropped the books he was holding and wrapped his arms around me, and sank further into the kiss. And I was grateful when he did, and without even noticing it, five minutes have passed and I pulled myself away slowly.

I felt a connection with him, but I chose to ignore it at the time.

I looked around, and saw the guys that were following me earlier were gone. “Hey I’m sorry about that.” I bent down to help pick up the books that he’d dropped.

“I’m Liz Parker, I just moved here.” I told him as I gave him his books.

Taking the books from her, and looking at her with curiosity he replied, “I’m Max Evans.”

“Sorry about the kiss thing. It’s just that some guys were following me, and I didn’t know what else to do.” ‘And she thought that kissing me was the right thing to do? Where was this girl from?’ he thought out of curiosity.

“You wouldn’t happen to know where the gas station is, would you? My car broke down like two blocks back, and I need a tow truck. I just moved here from California, and I don’t know where anything is. Can you help me out?” She looked at Max, her doe brown eyes were fixed on his.

It took him half a second to realize that he didn’t answer; she looked at him as if something was wrong.

“Um, I’ll just walk you over there...it’s only a few minutes away, just in case those guys come back. Or something.” She smiled and nodded and he felt something for her at that moment, but wasn’t sure what. She was cute, and definitely had a mind of her own.

“Thanks, I really appreciate it. So Max, how long have you lived in Roswell?” Max wondered if he should tell her the truth, because even though they just kissed doesn’t mean that they know each other.

“Is everything okay? You know if you’d like I can find it on my own...” She asked to try and ease the situation all little more.

“No, it’s fine. One of my friends is a mechanic there. I’m sure he’ll give you a discount or something.” he assured her as they continued to walk up the street.

“So Liz, are you transferring colleges or something?” Max keep wondering to himself why he was so nervous. He’s talked to girls before but only this certain girl that he met randomly off the street has gotten him all fidgety.

“Yeah, I went to USC for two years, and got my associates degree in Education, now I’m hoping to get my Masters in Science and education. I’m studying to be a teacher.”

“How about you Max?” Me...well, I had my dream set since I was about ten years old.

“I’m starting in my third year of UNM, studying medicine. I am planning on being a Pediatrician. I actually start my residency next summer.” Did I just tell her that? Why? I’ve known this woman for like five minutes. I just feel, I don’t know, this connection to her. It’s strange if you ask me.

“That’s cool, that you’ve found something that you enjoy doing-“Liz was cut off from a male’s voice that wasn’t Max.

“Hey Maxwell, who’s your friend?” Max eyed Kyle for using his full name, and he also noticed the way his friend was looking at Liz, like she was his next project or something. All Max knew was that he didn’t like it.

Before Max could introduce them Liz jumped to the opportunity to put Kyle in his place, which normally wasn’t easy.

“Well, since we’re on the full name basis, I’m Elizabeth—and if you’re lucky I’ll let you call me Liz.” Max smirked and nervously scratched behind his ear, at the expression that dropped the moment that Liz stopped talking. It was priceless.

“Liz, this is Kyle Valenti, he’s the mechanic I was telling you about.” Max finally spoke to break the tension in the room.

“Nice to meet you, Kyle. Is that short for anything or is it just Kyle?” Max smiled at the scene that took place in front of him as Kyle tried to come up with a good comeback, but decided to change the subject completely.

“So, are one of you having car trouble? Or did you two just come down to heckle me just for the fun of it.” Max laughed and pointed in the direction of Liz as she smiled. ‘God, she has a great smile’ thought Max.

“My car broke down a few blocks down the street, and Max was nice enough to walk me here.” Kyle smirked at the way Max and Liz were smiling at each other. He wanted to get to the bottom of this situation and before Max knew it he was pulling him out of the room and dragging him into the office.

“Yeah, I’m just going to talk to Max for a second okay...we’ll be right back.” Okay, what the hell has gotten into him? Max thought Kyle went mad or something.

“Who’s the hottie? And why is she with you?”

“Thanks Kyle, you make it sound like I’m gay!” Max rolled his eyes as Kyle carried on.

“Man, you know that’s not what I meant, we all know that you’re practically married to medical school, you haven’t had a serious girlfriend in two years—and just because you’re back in Roswell for the time being—does not mean that you get to take all the cute available girls.” Is he serious?

“First of all, she’s not my girlfriend and second I’m not taking all the cute available girls, I just happened to bump into her. The girl wanted help so I helped her. I don’t even know why I have to explain myself to you anyway.”

“I know but that’s not the point What I’m trying to get at is, you’ve been back for a week—and you meet this girl, while I’ve been here since high school, and I haven’t had sex in three months!”

“But don’t you have a date with Serena Walks tonight?”

“Yeah, so?”

“So, it’s Valentine’s Day...and if you play your cards right you could get lucky.”

“How would you know Maxie? You hate Valentine’s Day!”

“I know, but it is true—either you’ll be getting some or not.”

“I don’t think she’ll put out. It’s only the first date—Do you think she will?” Max gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder and made his way back out to Liz, hopefully she wasn’t too bored.

“Hey.” She smiled as he came back into the room, and noticed a weary Kyle walking behind him.

“Is he okay?” Max looked to where she was pointing, and looked back at her.

“Oh, him—he’ll be fine, he’s just stressing about how things will go tonight. With it being the fourteenth and all.” Liz laughed and clearly got the point.

“What about you? Do you have a date?” Seriously, Max hasn’t been on a date since he started his residency at the hospital, and while still taking a few classes—he had no time for the whole date scene.

“No, I don’t believe in V-Day.”

“I know what you mean, I think it’s a scam—that the people in charge of the cards. candy and flower companies got together and made up this bogus holiday sort of day so they could make a fortune.” Max smiled because it seemed like she took the words right out of his mouth.

“You know, I eat chocolate every day, I don’t need a scary man in a diaper shooting an arrow at people to make it any more special for me.” Kyle laughed at what she had just said and knew that Max was as transfixed as he was.

“Max, I think you just met your match.” Max knew he was right.

After Kyle started to work on Liz’s car, it was only an hour later that he was done, all that time Max kept her company—he didn’t feel the need to leave.

Liz insisted on paying after Kyle told her it was on the house. But she couldn’t do that, her family’s raising styles finally caught up with her—which scared her a bit to be acting like her mother, but declined none the less.

She said her good-byes to both Kyle and Max, and half hoping that Max would stop her in the midst of it all.

“Max, what are you doing...go after her—ask her out, do something.” But before Max could even protest Kyle pushed him into her direction almost knocking her down in the process.

“Liz, wait...I was wondering...Did, did you want to go out sometime?” Max ducked his head shyly, and didn’t know why he felt shy.

“With me.” he quickly added and kicked himself for opening his mouth again.

“Sometime?” Liz repeated with a hint of laughter in her voice, which Max thought was cute.

“Yeah, like tomorrow.” Max was really acting bold right now, and he didn’t know where it was coming from.

“How about tonight?” Wait...what?
“Tonight?” Max repeated almost as if he didn’t quite hear her.

“Yeah, is that okay?”

“Sure, that’s fine.” Max smiled that he just asked her out, it’s like the words that just came out of his mouth were finally making sense in his head.

Liz took out a business card she had, and handed it to him.

“Here’s my cell number, just give me a call—when you decide what we should do.” With that, before Max could say anything else she was driving away.

“You like her, don’t you?” Kyle asked as he came up behind him, and noticed the looks Liz and Max were sharing and couldn’t keep from gloating to himself.

“I got her number didn’t I?” Max smirked turning around and playfully shoving him.

“I’ll talk to you later.” Kyle didn’t mind, he had to catch up on some paperwork, and willingly said bye.

Max walked back to his car, right in front of the local bookstore, and noticed that this day was just no ordinary day, but also it was no ordinary love.

******* ~Later that Night ~ ********

“Where are you going in such a rush?” Michael asked as he watched his best friend walk from one room to another.

“I have a date.”

Michael choked on the beer he as sipping, out of all the things he expect him to reply with, that was the very last one on his list.

“Since when?”

“Since today.” Max hurried into the living room, to make sure if he had everything.
“Wallet, keys, money, cell phone...check.” he mumbled to himself as Michael watched him curiously, like he was playing some kind of joke on him.

“I thought you hated Valentines day!”

“I do.” Max sighed.

“So, then why are you going out tonight?”

“Because it felt like the right thing to do, I like Liz, and I’m going to let her get away simply because I’m against February 14th.”

“Whatever you say man. Do you want me to give a cover story to the others just in case they are wondering where you are?”

“Nope. Tell them I’m on a date, and don’t bug me.” Max was busy fixing his hair in the small mirror next to the door.

“Okay, that should be good. Wish me luck.” Max patted him on the shoulder and made his way out the door, while Michael didn’t have a lot of time to ponder about what just happened in there, simply because he had a date of his own to get ready for.

********** ~ Two hours later ~ *************

After a night that defined all the rest to come, Max and Liz spent the entire night talking, laughing, and a bit of arguing about various topics. They found out that they had more in common than with most of their friends. Same music, movies, political tastes—even the ‘God and spiritual’ subject came up...on the first date.

Max didn’t know how to explain it, he was more comfortable around her than with any other girl he’s dated. Which in a way scared him because only then did he realize how serious this could turn out to be. He was game, but he wasn’t to sure if she was.

“I really had a great time Max, who ever knew that there was so much to do in Roswell.” They both laughed.

“Yeah, you’d be surprised.” Max told her as he got out of the car and walked around to open the door for her.

“Thank you.”

“Sure, no problem.”

“Um, do you want to come in?” Liz wasn’t sure if he would or not, he didn’t seem like the kind of guy to sleep with a girl on the first date, and she admired that.

He was hesitant at first, simply because he had a six am lecture to get to in the morning and the three hour drive didn’t make it any better.

“No, thanks. I should really get going...I have a lecture tomorrow, that I can’t miss.” He felt bad that he could take her up on her offer, he didn’t want her to seem like he didn’t like her...because he did. It’s just that school was always in his way.

Liz could sense something from him...so she quickly replied to help ease his tension.

“Oh, don’t worry about it...I still have to unpack some stuff, and get my things together to sign up for classes tomorrow.”

Liz was happy to see that his frown was now a smile, and that made her happy, that she was able to do that for him.

But the next few moments felt like forever, simply because they didn’t make any motions, they both knew it was the end of the night and that they were going to kiss, but still they made not motions to move or anything.

“I feel giddy, like I’m in grade school or something.” Liz burst out laughing and Max had the same feeling and followed Liz.

But it didn’t take long for them to get back in the moment, and not long after did Max cup her face in his hands and kiss her lips ever so slightly. His tongue touching hers in the heat of passion.

Breaking apart breathless, Max put his forehead against hers.
“I’d like to see you again.”

“Me too...me too.” Liz sighed trying to bring her mind back to reality, with that kiss it seemed to float off somewhere else.

“I’ll call you after my classes tomorrow.” And with one more quick peck on the lips they both went there separate ways.

Much to everyone’s surprise, from that day on they were inseparable. They did everything together and were found making out every place they went. All they wanted was to be together, and it also shocked everyone to find out that they eloped to Vegas one year to the date they met. They got married at the Elvis chapel, and while their friends were there and their family threw them a huge reception, never did any other person see two people more in love than they were that day.

********** ~ Present Day ~ ************

“Mom, Lindsay won’t give me back my game boy!”

“I don’t have your game boy—you just want me to get in trouble.”

“Just give it me!”

“I don’t have it!”

“You do to!”

“I do not!”

“MOM!!” Both kids yelled in unison to get their mom’s attention.

Liz sighed and wondered when Max was going to get home from the hospital today.

“Troy, sit over there—while Lindsay, you sit on the other side will you?”

“Troy, she doesn’t have your game boy...I do! Do you know why I have your gameboy?” He shook his head but didn’t look at her, they both knew why.

“Because, we agreed that you could play this if you did your homework, and did you finish your homework yet?” He shook his head no.

“I’m sorry, I can’t hear you—I don’t speak mumble.”

“No.” He sighed and sank back on the couch.

“Go back upstairs, and finish your homework...and don’t think I’m not going to tell your father when he gets home.” He continued to sigh, as he stomped up the stairs.

“Lindsay, why do you argue with him? You know that I took it. All you have to do is tell me...and I’ll deal with him.”

She nodded. “I know Mom, I’m sorry.”

“Are you going to that Valentines Day dance tomorrow?” Liz knew that she was dying to go, but was still waiting on approval from Max. His little girl was growing up fast, and he didn’t want to come to terms with it.

Liz would have to talk to him before they decide anything but as far as she knew it, she could go.

“Yeah, I want to but I’m not so sure about Dad.” She sighed and started to set the table for dinner.

“Don’t worry about your father, I’ll take care of him, you have a good time.” She watched as her daughter’s face lit up with a bight smile. She looked so much like Max, same eyes, same hair, same smile. Only she had her ears, which they were both thankful for.

“Really, mom?” Lindsay exclaimed as she set a plate on the table and rushed over to hug her mom.

“Thank you! You don’t know how much this means to me!” She kissed Liz’s cheek, and Liz assured her not to worry about her father.

Just as she was about to head upstairs to find out what to wear for the dance, Liz asked her a question.

“Do you know, by chance where your father is taking me for our anniversary tomorrow?” Lindsay rolled her eyes and went back downstairs to talk to her mom.

Ever since they got married, and every anniversary after that Max had always gone all out to show how much he still loved Liz. And every year was even better than the year before. But since work and the kids have gotten kind of crazy, they haven’t been able to do a lot of things lately.

And Max was getting the kids involved in their plans, well at least she thinks all of them were. Max was sneaky, and Liz could never understand her way around his romantic Casanova ways.

“No Mom, you should talk to Uncle Mike. Dad talks to him like every time you walk out of the room. Now can I go get my clothes together now?” Liz nodded and made a mental note to call Michael when Max was at work, before the big surprise.

As Lindsay was going upstairs, the baby of the family, six year old Scarlett was coming down the stairs.

“Mama, when are we going to eat? I’m hungry.” Liz looked down at her baby girl and smiled. Max had told Liz the day that she was born that she was the exact reflection of her. But every time Liz looked at her she saw the mixture of them both.

“Soon sweetie, we’re just waiting for daddy to come home.” She walked into the other room to watch cartoons, while Liz wondered if she knew any thing about tomorrow.

Walking into the family room with a big cookie in her hand, she knew it was bad but she asked anyways.

“Letty, honey...I’ll give you a cookie if you can tell Mama where Daddy is going to take me tomorrow.” Her eyes watered at the cookie but before she could answer the door started to open as Max walked in.

“Crap.” Liz mumbled as she placed the treat into her hands and walked over to greet her husband.

“Max. I wasn’t expecting you for another ten minutes. How was work?” He looked at her and smiled, while placing his keys and personal affects to the side. Wrapped his arms around her and hugged her in a warm embrace.

He looked over her shoulder to see him youngest with chocolate all over her face. Then gave her a quick inviting kiss before pulling away, to see what she was doing.

“Hi daddy.” She smiled, he couldn’t help but smile back.

“Hey sweetie, you know the rule no dessert before dinner.” He bent down to look her in the eyes.

“I know but Mama gave it to me.” He looked at his wife as she gave him a nervous smile.

“She wants to know where you’re taking her tomorrow...” Letty smiled brightly at her daddy as he smiled and nodded.

“Okay, so why don’t you get cleaned up and call your brother and sister downstairs so we can eat okay.” She nodded and ran upstairs, while Max turned to Liz and eyed her.

Every year it was the same thing. She wanted to get information out of everyone, even the kids. It wasn’t enough to be surprised anymore.

“So, how was your day honey?” Liz asked as she quickly changed the subject as Max followed her to the kitchen.

“Busy as usual, who ever knew that so many kids like sticking small things up their nose.” Liz laughed mainly because it was true but stopped when he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck.

“Hmm...I missed you today.” he muttered on her neck.

“Really...I bet that’s what you say to all the girls.” She teased in a high pitched voice.

“Nope, only to you.” He wrapped her around, still in his arms and kissed her with all the love and passion, like they were when they were going out. It’s hard to believe that it’s already going to be ten years of marital bliss.
“How was class?” Max asked her still wrapped in each other’s arms, hoping to continue with another kiss, very soon.

Liz was a teacher at West Roswell Elementary school, she taught science and English to a mixture of fifth and six graders. She eventually got her masters in education, and could teach anywhere, but decided on Roswell. Mainly, because it was there home.

“Well, let’s just say that I not only taught science today, but sex-ed also.” Max pulled back and eyed her with confusion, which made her laugh and started to tell him what happened.

“Yeah, while Johnny Welks was presenting his report, a few bullies threw water balloons at him, well tried to anyways, and it hit me instead, and I just had to wear my white dress today...and everything was see through. Let’s just say that I had all the young males in my fifth grade class looking at my boobs for the rest of the day.”

“Lucky class, now that’s the kind of class I wish I was in.” Max laughed, as he got a mental image in his head.

“MAX!” Liz cried out in exasperation and playfully shoved him.

“I’m kidding.” Max couldn’t help but laugh, when Liz pouted. After all these year that one face still effected him.

“You shouldn’t kid around Max, or I’m never going to put out again.” Now it was Liz’s turn to laugh at the expression that swept across his face.

“That’s not nice Liz.”

“Oh, be quiet—like I could deny you anything.” She smirked and he grinned because it was true.

He lifted her chin so she looked into his eyes and kissed him once more.

But the moment was broken when all the kids came arguing down the stairs. Liz slumped her head on Max’s shoulder.

“How much longer till they are out of the house?” Liz asked him.

“Oh, give or take another fifteen years, if we’re lucky.” He laughed as she nodded in reply.

“I’m telling Mom!” They heard Lindsay yell at the top of the stairs.

“You always tell Mom.” They continued to yell until they reached the kitchen.

But was surprised to see that their dad was in there as well, for some reason they didn’t yell when Max was in the room. It was something Liz wished she had.

You’d think for being twins...Troy and Lindsay would get along at least a little better. They were nine years old going on ten. Yep, that’s right they were conceived before Max and Liz were even married, but that’s not the reason why they decided to tie the knot. Liz didn’t even find out until two days after their wedding day and they couldn’t be any more happier.

“Hey Dad...what are you doing home?” Troy asked trying to steer clear of the reason why him and his sister were just fighting.
“Mom, he said I looked like a horse!! I was minding my own business trying on different outfits for the party tomorrow, and-“ She was cut of by her brother as he started to argue with her again.

Max looked at his daughter at mention of the word party, he wondered who gave her permission to go. Liz looked at him and without another word or thought from him, she knew what he was thinking about.

Whispering to him, "I'll dicuss it with you later." He nodded in reply, knowing that she needed him to deal with the kids now, and they would come to conclusion about Lindsay later.

“I didn’t say you looked like a horse, I was trying to suggest that you shouldn’t wear brown if you’re going to try and get Tommy Tompson to dance with you—because he’ll think you’re a horse, especially with your hair in a ponytail like that.” By then Lindsay was fuming.

“It’s the exact same thing!!” She cried out.

“Whatever! You girls always take everything to heart.” Troy simply said as Max dropped his head in his hands, obviously he had a few things to talk to his son about.

Liz tried to ignore their bickering and kissed her husband on the cheek, “Welcome home.” He was appreciative and smiled, when he felt someone pull on his pants, and there stood Scarlett covering her ears.

“Daddy, make them stop—tell them to stand in the corner, for fighting.” Their little sunshine, too wise beyond her years.

He bent down to her level and kissed her cheek as she giggled and rushed over to her mama to help put the salad on the table.

“Will the two of you be quiet—Troy go sit over there, Lindsay sit here.” He pointed out on opposite sides of the room.

They just looked at him, “But Daddy, I didn’t do anything.” Lindsay cried out.

“Sit here for fifteen minutes, and think about what the two of you said to each other, and I want you BOTH to apologize when your times are up.” Max started to walk away when Troy stopped him.

“Dad, aren’t we a little old for the whole time out system?” He smirked, well that is until Max turned around. It quickly vanished.

“Not right now you aren’t, not until you start acting your age, now do you want to double your time?” He quickly shook his head no, as they both set off to the sides where their father told them to go.
Back inside the kitchen, and Liz in his arms once more—she kissed him.

“Now, can I have a hint on what’s going to happen tomorrow?” He gave her one more peck.

“Nope.” Liz huffed as Scarlett made little grossed out sounds at seeing their parents kiss in front of her.

************** ~ Valentines Day ~ **************
Early that morning, Max was up early and made the kids lunches, and made sure they were all ready to go. But before leaving the house he gave both of his girls a box of chocolates shaped as a heart. It was a tradition, ever since they were able to talk.

"Thank you Daddy...Happy Valentines day." Both Lindsay and Scarlett told Max as he hugged and kissed them. Liz saw the exchange between them, and wondered where was the man that hated this rital. But she wasn't complaining, as she got herself a cup of coffee.

Th girls were easy to buy on V-day, but troy was different mainly because he was boy, but Max didn't want him to feel left out simply because he was a boy. so he just gave him ten bucks. He was happy.

Once the kids were gone--I found him infront of the TV watching a rerun of Cops.

"Where's my chocolates?" I asked as I sat next him getting my paper together.

He leaned over and kissed me, "everything for you comes later. Do you need a ride?"

"That's no fair Max." But without replying to his question, he knew he would give me a ride anyways, and I got into his luxury sports car.

It was the only time alone that we had all week, and I had to force myself to get out of the car once we drove up to the school. Because, that good-bye kiss lasted way longer than we both intended it to be.

"Max...I gotta go." She breathed out trying to catch her breath.

"I know." he said as he kissed her once more.

"I'm going to be late."

"Just one more." She smiled as she did as he asked and kissed him, once more before getting out of the car.

She waved at him, and watched as he drove away, but that was only the beginning of the events to come.

After receiving a bouquet of white roses at work, all the children rushed over to see what the delivery was. It was so sweet, and that was just starting, she thought that he was working that day...well, that’s what he told her. After school let out Max had surprised her by taking her out to lunch, at her favorite restaurant. It’s the same one they had their first date all those years ago, that had become their place.

Then going out to see a movie—her pick, which didn’t happen often. Just alone time with Max was enough for her. With his busy schedule, it was nice to see him for the whole day.

It was mid evening when the day was coming to close for them. They both had to work in the morning, but that didn’t stop them. He also took her dancing—which is something she’s been asking to do for quite sometime now.

Liz knew he was listening to her, but he would never admit that. Max showered her with tons of gifts...first with a three caret anniversary ring that was simply to die for. She knew that Michael, Kyle, and Alex were going to give him hell for it once their girls see it. But she didn’t care much.

Second, a brand new laptop to keep track of all her students papers, and grades.

And last but not least, Max had splurged on a vacation for the both of them, to go to in the summer while the kids were visiting their grandparents in Florida. She was happy, because they both needed a break from Roswell, and their day to day life. Even if it was their home...they did want to venture out of town once in a while.

“Max, this is the best anniversary—“Max grinned from ear to ear, pleased that his wife thought so.

“I love you so much.”

“I love you too Liz.” They kissed and tasted each other as if it was the first time. But Liz still needed to give him his present, she wanted to save it for the end of the night.

“Baby, you’ve given me so much, I knew you would-and I didn’t know what to get you, that is until a week ago.” She smiled brightly as Max pondered on what she meant by that.

“I’m pregnant Max! We’re gonna have another baby.” Max smiled brightly as he picked her up in his arms and spun her around on the dance floor none the less.

He gently set her down as he kissed her with an open invitation, all his dreams have come true—since he’s met Liz, that day that she kissed him on the street, even though it was no ordinary love between them, he knew it was their ordinary love that bonded them forever.

“Be Mine.” He whispered in her ear as she pulled away from the embrace and looked at him.

“Be Mine Forever Liz Evans.” he held both of her hands in his.

“Forever Max...I’ll be yours forever, heart, mind and soul. I’ll be yours for eternity and forever more.” With a kiss sealing their love—they knew that this was only the start of the lives—with another fifty wonderful anniversaries and Valentine’s Days to come.

THE END

**I might do some follow up pieces, but I'm not sure.** :)
Last edited by POM on Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:18 am, edited 4 times in total.