Just One: The Weight Of The World (CC/UC,ADULT) COMPLETE

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Elizabeth Kivana
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Weight of the World (AA,CC/UC, T/A) - Ch.38 - 11/12/07

Post by Elizabeth Kivana »

Hello, dear readers. I know it's been long. But I'm still around, lurking, trying to realize how to bring my stuff to this computer where the net connection is. And then I finally decided the worst option today - re-writing it on this comp. Not fun. But it got chapter 39. :D
pandas2001 - I know you missed me. :D
Natalie36 - Always liked dear Izzie as the Christmas Nazi, so it seemed good to do. ;)

Everyone, chapter 39 is here. I said I was gonna make it long. I think it is. Up to you on the feedback and comments. Love ya, all!

Chapter 39

The labor was long. 27 hours, longer the a whole day. It was exhausting. Max and Kyle were the ones outside of the room, with Nancy, hearing the screams and the careful advises of Isabel. And both Nancy and Max wanted to be inside but Kyle kept a strict watch. Rath was on the couch, in the same room and was looking after his son. When Max and Nancy would get too loud, he would raise his voice and they would both settle down for a while.
''Push, Liz! You have to push!'' – Isabel kept ordering Liz. Serena and Nikki were on each of her side, holding her arms strongly. Liz suddenly stopped the heavy breathing and looked at Isabel. ''How about you push for a while?!'' – it was incredibly painful. Isabel shook her head. – ''I've done my pushing. This is your job. Think of your son!'' – Isabel kept peptalking her.

''Daughter.'' – Liz whispered through her heavy breathing. Isabel suddenly stopped and looked at her. – ''What?'' – She was a little confused. Max kept talking about a son over and over again. – ''It's a baby girl.'' – Liz explained and pushed real hard. The idea of her daughter made her strong. And Isabel didn't ask anymore questions.
Michael sat in their usual booth, trying not to think about Liz and the birth. Ava kept walking around, worried. ''Would you knock off already!'' He hissed at her. Ava snapped back at him. - ''Ya're da one that should be worried, Mike. Ya da one that made 'er made, dude! Ya think 'bout it.'' – She old him then continued walking up and down. Maria came through the swinging doors. Both looked at her. - ''It's done.'' – She told them and smiled. – ''It's a baby girl!'' – Pixie announced with a large grin forming over her face. Just as she said it, the doors of the café opened and there stood Alex with Tess and Vince. Ava had called Vince and Mr. Evans let him off early because this were big news. Nobody told Alex and Tess about what was happening so when they came through the doors, they were deeply surprised.

Ava rushed to Vince who hugged her and they sat at an empty booth happily. Tess and Alex walked over to Maria, more to Tess's initiation. – ''What do you mean it's a girl?'' – Tess asked her. – ''Means Liz had a baby.'' – Maria told her then looked at Alex with whom she hugged. Their best friend had a baby. They were an aunt and uncle, never mind the non-existing blood-connections.
Isabel smiled giving the beautiful girl to Liz. Being inside her mother only eight months didn't seem like a problem to the little angel. She was a perfectly healthy baby, and glad to be on the outside. Serena and Nikki both smiled at the baby, and kissed it's arms since Isabel had already washed the baby up. Then the newly aunt took her neice from Liz. - ''Her name is Velandra.'' – Liz said before falling to sleep. Isabel looked at the baby then at Liz with a smile and all three stepped out. Nancy and Max were already at the doors, waiting impatiently.

Isabel gave the baby to Max. –''It's a girl.''- She informed him and Max smiled. – ''And her name is Velandra.'' – The proud father looked at his sister, confused. – '' Don't look at me, Max. That's what the mother said before going to sleep.'' – He nodded since it now made sense. He gave little Velondra to her grandmother, but Nancy held her for only a second because she was scared of dropping her. Max didn't know why that was but he took his daughter back and then Nancy held her hand, with the two exchanging smiles of joy. With all the excitement of the last couple of days, Nancy went to bed after spending a couple of moments with the newest addition to their family. Max thanked his sister and then went to Liz's room. Liz slept on the right side of the bed, as she always seemed to do. He put the baby in the middle then laid on the left side of the bed. After looking at his precious little daughter, he too fell asleep.
Across the desert, and into a lavish home in Los Angeles, Kivana Eli slept with a smile, in her husband's arms because she knew what had happened in Roswell. And she was happy for Liz, and for Max. And for that beautiful little girl name after her best friend. Everything was falling into place.
Liz woke up the next day, after nine hours of sleep. Nine hours that she really needed, after the painful 27 hours behind her. But the 27 hours she would not change for the world. For it was the birth of her daughter. Velondra Evans. Her little angel.

And her little angel slept like a baby right next to her, with her father on her side. There was an empty bottle on the top of the bed. Liz smiled knowing that it was Isabel looking after her baby while she had been resting. Then her eyes fell on Velondra and Max. The newly-mother smiled look at both of them. The two loves of her life. Who said you could give your heart to only one person? Velondra was the proof of how wrong that idea was.

Very few moments passed before the little baby woke up, feeling that her mother was awake. She began crying right away and it woke Max up. He looked at Liz but she didn't know this. The young mother sat up and took her daughter into her hand then began to breast feed her. She was a mother for only a day but she felt the beat of motherhood rising. It was the beat of her daughter's heart that told her what she needed to do. And she wasn't afraid. She wasn't afraid to be a good mother. It was an instinct that women of their system hand. Isabel had it, Lonnie, her alien mother, her mother before her. But then again, it was probably something each woman of each world had, not just theirs. Women on Earth were mothers for generations and generations as well.

When she finally looked up, she saw Max leaned back on the bed, looking at her and Velondra, with a proud smile on his face. She raised an eyebrow at that. A little corky, wouldn't you think so? Liz believed so. But it wasn't something she was mad at. In fact, it was something she was proud of. And he didn't do nothing for her to be, and yet, she was. These emotions made no sense.

''What?'' – She asked through soft laughter. –''Nothing. You're just so beautiful.'' – He told her honestly. She could hear that shy tone in him. He was still the very Max from day one. No matter how long they were together.
Velondra Diane Evans. That was the name given to the baby. Nancy didn't mind. In fact, she was the one who suggested that middle name. In return, Max promised to pu Jeff in the middle name of their first son. Nancy didn't ask for that either. He wanted to give her that.
One step after the other, Max had a baby carrier over his chest, with baby Lonnie in it, and Liz holding his hand. Behind them was Zan holding Serena's hand, Rath carrying the carrier with baby Phillip and holding Isabel's hand. Kyle held Nikki's hand. Vince held Ava's hand. Alex held Tess's hand. Michael held Maria's hand. The group walked one pair after the other, towards the pod chamber. They entered it and Liz suddenly felt a cold child and let go of Max's hand. As Max came in with Maria, the rock closed and everyone looked at Liz.

She, on the other hand, wasn't looking at anything in particular. She was just locked in the moment of the chill. And Max could feel the same feeling with the baby.

''Iz, ya aight?'' – it was Zan asking. She looked at him and shrugged. – ''I just had the strangest feeling. Of death.'' – Everyone stared at her in horror. Of death. It was the part that everyone heard. And it scared all of them.

''What?'' – Isabel asked first. She seemed to be the bravest in this round. She looked at her. But Liz didn't answer her. She was surprised because the image of Isabel began pulsing and she saw her with short brown hair, combed backwards then back again to the present Isabel. Isabel from the other world had that kind of face. The Isabel who was listening to her when she told her that Tess was Alex's murderer. Tess. She snapped her view to her only to see the queen in her. The same queen that called her a whore and a slave. When she snapped back, she saw her holding Alex's hand.

Liz closed her eyes, not understanding what she saw and then saw Tess dead by Max's hand. She shook her head and opened her eyes. – ''Stop it.'' – She ordered her brain. Or maybe, just tried. She then turned to the pods. – ''Let's go.'' – It left everyone in the chamber confused but she didn't leave them enough time to think about it.

As they came to the space behind the pods, they all looked at Liz, waiting for her next move. She looked at the entrance of the Granolith chamber. It didn't open right away. As she touched the entrance, she felt the energy bolts go through her. Liz closed her eyes then and stood still, touching the entrances as her head lowered. The rest could see the light pulsing. When she raised her head and she opened her eyes, they were completely black. Max, worried, stepped towards her. – ''Liz, are you alright.'' – She looked at him and he took a step back. – ''Don't worry. You're about to see some real magic, hones. '' – Liz told him with a honest smile.

The entrance shot open then, the lighting walls disappearing in the cave. This was it. The beginning of the end. Soon. There was just one thing they needed to do. The group stood in amazement as the light spred through the area where the granolith chamber once stood. There was a gentle breeze gracing all of them. Phillip began crying but Velondra didn't. She was completely calm. As Max looked at her, she saw her smiling. So young, and so aware of everything. The light began to spred even more and it consumed the Roswellians, and everyone. They all covered their eyes but Liz. And little Velondra kept smiling. As the light weakened, they all opened their eyes only to find themselves somewhere else. They were not in the cave anymore. They were somewhere else. – ''Liz?'' – Maria called out to her friend, awaiting answers.

Liz looked at her best friend and smiled. Everyone could see her black eyes in that moment. And they didn't like them. She looked at max, then Isabel, the Michael. She didn't need to look at Zan, Ava or Rath because they were already taking on the power. – ''Let the power of the Granolith take you. It's okay, I promise.'' – She assured them. Max's eyes changed instantly because he trusted Liz the most. Isabel's eyes changed a bit later. And then they looked at Michael, who didn't change. He didn't trust Liz, not fully at least. Liz looked at Maria then, who got the message. – ''It's okay, Spaceboy. You can trust me.'' – The blond girl told her boyfriend. As he looked at her, his eyes turned black. And then they looked at Tess. Her eyes were already black. They had forgotten on her for a bit and she had already done it.

That was done. Liz nodded and smiled. Now that she was here, she wasn't sure what to do. – ''So, where are we?'' – Alex asked curiously. – '' On Liz's home planet. The one that was destroyed. It lives on in the Granolith because it was what destroyed it.'' – Tess explained it to him. Liz nodded, thanking her and walked to her future husband and child. She kissed the head of her daughter, giving herself time to figure out what they would do next.

'' You could always say hello to your favorite alien.'' – A corcky voice behind her said. She looked up at her friends and saw them staring at the person behind them. Tess had a face of fear and Isabel didn't know what to think. And as she turned around, she saw who that person was as well.
Last edited by Elizabeth Kivana on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Kivana
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Weight of the World (AA,CC/UC, Teen/Adult) Ch.39 3/27/08

Author's note: I think I said it before, but I'll say it again. The fan fiction is finished. The biggest issue that it's on my laptop so I have to retype it here. Anyway, after the whole senior year, graduation finals, collage enrollment tests are over, I'm finally back where I belong and I plan to finish this story before the summer ends. And this you can count on. The new chapter is up, I hope you like it. There's a few more to go before the end and then on to the third, middle story. On Liz being on Antar. Enjoy the new chapter! Feedback always wanted. :D

pandas2001 - I know you're alway around, waiting for me. You're my most devoted fan. And I love you for it. For a part, this is for you. Why I come back for the most part. :wink:

Chapter 40

And as she turned around, she saw the person that was there. She smiled widely, seeing him. –''I could just go back or something.''- she said, joking before she walked over to him. The handsome man, with light brown hair to his shoulders, a confident smirk and a couple of scars. –''Khivar.''- she said as she felt his arms around her. That was Khivar. That was why Tess was scared and why Isabel was confused. Because they knew, in some weird way, who that was.

''He shall not bite, younglings.'' – an old female voice said. Everyone, including Khivar and Liz turned around to the voice and the two siblings smiled. The queen Laqua Xothorn, the queen mother stood there, smiling at her children. –''I know I have been strict in my life, Kivana Eli, but do I not deserve a hug?''- the woman asked and Liz walked over to her and hugged her.

''That would be Liz's mother from da past life.''- another voice said. A familiar one. All eyes went to her. Isabel with beautiful long blond hair, a gorgeous red dress to the ground and a five year old child in her hands. Lonnie and Velandra in one. Zan smirked and rushed to his sister, wrapping his arms around her. -''Ya iz lookin' good, sis.''- He told her and kissed her forehead. Rath followed right after and kissed her on the lips before she could react. When he pulled away, she slapped him. –''Easy, dog. Iz just tryin' to get a friendly kiss out of ya.''- Rath explained with a wink, after which Ava squeezed in and hugged Lonnie.

''We hardly have all day, children.'' – the queen mother insisted, as she held her granddaughter in her arms. –''You're right, mother.''- Liz agreed. – ''We should sit somewhere.''- she suggested and the queen nodded to her left. As everyone looked in that direction, they noticed a round table with enough seats for everyone. –''Wow.''- Kyle and Alex said in one voice. Vince, on the other hand, kept staring in silence.

The group sat on the chairs, according to the queen's orders. Max and Liz sat opposite from her and Khivar. Everyone else sat in the middle of each side. –''Well, child, what is this about.'' – the queen mother asked Liz then.

''Doing what's right. That's what this is about, mother.'' – Liz explained, not pleased with the seating arrangements. She was the one holding little Velondra now. –''And what would be right, Kivana Eli? Have a child with the Antarian king? Without marriage?''- she questioned. Liz rolled her eyes. –''Drop it, mother.''- This is about our planet. About the granolith and how we may keep it safe.'' – the small brunette snapped at the very woman that gave birth to her another life.

''You don't mean...'' – Laqua stared at her, confused and unable to say it out loud. Liz just nodded. –''Yes, I do mean that.''- she knew only too well that Laqua understood her. –''You do not have the power nor the strength to do it, young lady.''- In silence, Liz watched the immortal spirit of the late queen before she rose to her feet. –''No, but you do. Khivar does. You have enough power to channel it through me to do it, dear mother, and so does everyone before.''- the smallest of the small town girls said with the strength she was meant to have. Laqua shook her head. –''No one will give you that, daughter. Not now, not ever.''-

''Oh, but I think you will.'' – another voice said. All heads to turned to the source of the voice, where Kivana Eli and Larek could be seen. It was a huge surprise to everyone to see her because she had told hem before that they would never see her. Max watched Laqua with the back of her eye and noticed she was worried. –''What she asks, she will get. She is my heiress, just as this little angel''- Kivana Eli kissed the forehead of Liz's baby and put her hand on Liz's shoulder. –''is her heiress.''- she finished.

''No! No! And no!'' – the old queen hissed. Liz handed the baby to Max and stood next to Kivana Eli. –''You may be powerful. But we are the last Xothorns, we have the power above power. We have what it takes to make you do as we say.'' – bot women spoke at the same time. –''Actually, that's not true.''- Khivar spoke for the first time, a bit shy. It was the way he always acted around his mother, mostly because she put him down his entire life.

Everyone looked at him. –''My son and your daughter hold the greatest power of the Xothorns now.''- he explained. Laqua moved to grabbed her grandson, Antarius, but Lonnie was able to pull h im back in time. –''I don't so, old bag!''- the blond princess snapped at the older woman, which surprised Laqua. Her daughter-in-law walked around the table and over to Liz. –''I'd say she has all the power she needs now, wouldn't you say?''- Lonnie questioned Kivana Eli's mother with an evil smirk on her face as her son stood on his own on the round table, with her hands around his waste.

''Thank you, Vel, but this is ridiculous. This is silly as hell. I'll do as planned because that will mean the end of this stupid era. The old versus the new. The constant wars. It all reminds of what was. And I want to get on with my life. So, it's ends. Today.''- Liz was strong hearted about this. Laqua kept her mouth shut for a while and when she opened them again, they expected her to say something. But instead, she only opened and closed them. They had done it. Leaving the old queen speechless was not something even Kivana Eli had seen in her short memories with her mother. Until this very day, she did not think it was even possible. But instead of the older woman, Khivar spoke. –''Never mind her. You do what you have to do, big sister.''- the light haired man spoke with a smile and she nodded. Laqua was out-numbered. It was over.

Second passed before there was the bright light again and when it was gone, everyone was sitting on the ground of the granolith chamber. Liz got up first. –''You have to get out of here now.''- she ordered them. –''Liz, no!''- Max wanted to stand by her. And he didn't want to leave her behind. The small brunette looked at the man she loved. –''I'll be right out, I promise. But I need to get this started.''- her words truly did sound promising. Making Max believe her. He would have probably believed her if she hadn't made that sound of voice. But this made him just more sure in her words. Liz kissed him as she had spoken and then looked at her baby girl. –''Baby, I'm gonna need you to help. Can you do that?'' – to everyone's surprise, little Lonnie smiled at her mommy and it was more the enough for Liz.
Max looked behind him at cave, remembering the first time he had come here, knowing that it was there, knowing that it was meant for them. No, he left for a different reason. Because the woman he loved in every life time had asked him to. Because she had a plan. Because she wanted to end the war between their families. He supported her reason. But he didn't like leaving her. But it was Liz. And Liz could convince him of whatever she wanted. She had that power. He loved too much for it to be any other way. And he wondered for a moment whether she had used to power now. Did she trick him? Or did she mean what said? That she was coming right out. Max had no idea what the answer was. But his heart told him that she was doing the right thing and that everything would be alright.

''Max!''- Isabel stopped in her track when she realized her brother wasn't following her. He looked at her and nodded, understanding her silent command to follow her.

It took the gang a couple of minutes to get down. On a safe distance, they all stopped and looked back at the cave. –''What is she going to do?''- Maria suddenly asked. Max looked at her but he had no answer for her. His eyes moved to Zan. He hoped he had answer. His dupe did see him. Maybe even felt he was being watched. But all the amber eyed alien got was a simple shrug. Not even Zan knew what Liz was up to. What she was going to do now.
In the cave was Liz. She was watching the granolith chamber. Its pulse was the same as the pulse of Liz's heart. She kept staring at it for a couple of minutes before she turned back on it. –''You're making a big mistake.''- her mother's voice said, as he image appeared on the granolith. But Liz didn't turn around to look at it. Ducking, she crawled through a pod and then took the cotton bag and started putting all the artifacts inside. The books, the orbs, the rocks. Everything they would need or might need in the future, when their children grew up and were ready to take the legacy. The young hybrid looked around the cave and then raised her hand on the pods which began melting. Now, there were holes where the pods once where and she could see the granolith clear. With her hand in the air, arm stretched like aliens always put out their hand, she closed the granolith chamber, the granolith left inside and its bright light growing lighter by the minute. Liz could feel the power filling her body. This was the energy booster she needed, and she was getting it from her family, from the Xothorns. But there was still one boost she needed. With the newfound energy she was receiving, she could feel that one hesitating. And she knew it belonged to her mother.

A flash a hit Liz. She fell to her knees on the impact, dropping the cotton bag. It was a memory flash from when Nasedo was dead and the four healed him. When she was here. In the other lifetime. She could see it happen, she could see his true form, she could hear him say she didn't belong here. Liz shook her head. –''No. Stop!''- she ordered the air. To no one but her memory. Someone was doing this to her but she couldn't remember. She didn't remember who was telling her this. Or why she was seeing it. And feeling the very same way she felt that day. And it scared her.

Standing again on two feet, she took a deep breath and reclaimed the bag in her left hand that was now pretty havy, containing all the artifacts. Turning her back on the granolith once again, sure that she had completed everything here. Once more, she turned back and raised her hand but this time, with all her fingers aiming at the rocks where the pd were. Suddenly, there was fire burning and it began to consume the cave.

For a minute more, she watched the fire. As it began to devour her memories, of both lives. Then she walked to the rock entrance and watched it move to the side as it detected her. Climbing out, Liz did not look back this time. Instead, she could see her friends and family, staying bellow, watching something she did not know what it was. But she did not want to look behind her. The rock entrance didn't close as she exited. Instead, the fire began to rage through it. All of a sudden, an explosion blasted from the inside. As Liz reached the group, they all kept staring at her, not believing what she had done. And she said nothing but dropped the bag on the ground. –''Everything is saved.''- the once smallest of small town girls informed them and turned around to watch the cave be taken by the fires.

Another flash hit. She saw herself walking away from Max. As he called her name, she looked at him, with a sad, shaking face and then began to run. She saw Michael stopping Max from going after her and then Isabel and Tess joined them. In the actual event, she did not know why Max hadn't come after her. And she felt so sure that he would. But now she knew. Michael had to make the decision for him. –''Stop it!''- but that didn't make her feel better. The memory hurt her so much. Liz needed the old queen to boost her up or else....

The granolith! That was it. That was what gave her the flashes. It suddenly made all the sense in the world. Because all these memories were stored in it.

''Mother, please. It will kill me.''- she begged. She begged her mother for the power. But she got no answer. Suddenly, there was movement behind her. As she looked behind her, she saw the four dupes on her right. Zan, Serena, Rath and Nikky. On her left, she saw Max, Tess, Michael and Isabel. Zan and Max had their hand on each of her shoulders then those behind, had their hand on the one in front of them. They were giving her their own strength. And Max had Lonnie in his baby carrier. Liz could finally feel the boost of power flow through her. It wasn't as strong as her mothers but it was strong enough.

Focusing her energy, and the energy given by those before her and after her, and from the two royal fours, Liz could feel the core of the granolith. Its pulse was just like her pulse. She focused on the rest of te granolith then and found the engine. She started it up. It began to spin. And it began to heat up. Those looking up, could see the top of the cave melting. Spining and melting.
''Mother!!''- Khivar hissed. Suddenly he found the strength. He was hardly focusing on giving his energy and convincing his mother. He felt it had began. –''NO!''- Laqua yelled at him. She looked at him with her dark eyes, angry.

And Khivar found even more strength. –''She is our heiress. And she's doing the right thing. You said it yourself, the sins of the father cannot be put on the son.''- he paused, taking a breath. –''So, stop doing it. And do this one thing for your own daughter. And for your granddaughter. And for the future of our world. So they may not be another enemy. Another that can control our own powers against us. Do this for all of us. All of us that need that peace. So, no one else has to die.''

Laqua was silent. Her son, he was so smart. And he was right. She just nodded as a tear fell down her cheek. It was the first time Khivar had ever seen his mother like this. To him, she was always cruel. And now she had actually listened to him. He was just glad he could help his dearest sister.
Then it happened. She felt the energy missing, the energy from her mother took her over. The power was inredibly strong. So strong that she couldn't control it anymore. And the power given to her by the two royal fours didn't do anything anymore. Liz focused a bit of her energy to cut them off and they all fell on the ground.

-''Liz?!''- Max said as he felt his back make contact with the rock. He wanted to go to her but Zan grabbed his hand. –''It's okay. Laqua gave in. She doesn't need us anymore.''- He explained. But truth was, he didn't know whether it was truth or not. He couldn't say for sure. All he knew that Liz didn't use their energy more. But hoped it was the truth. That it was why she did not need them. Why she didn't use their power anymore.

Now, Liz could do as planned. But she hesitated for a moment. Closing her eyes, she tried to channel all the energy right so she did not feel the overpower again. Opening her eyes, as if Kivana Eli was standing right next to her, helping her. If any of her friend looked at her then, they would have seen her eyes go black. They probably would worried. But they didn't see.

Raising her hands in the air, she focused harder on the engine of the granolith. It turned round and round, strong and strong. The top of the rocks melted completely. Focused on the object, Liz could see it spinning. She could see the same symbols as the orbs had on the top of them. And then it spit out. It made a round on the sky and then shoot into the space. No one else could see but Liz felt as it moved and reached their system and then exploded in the same spot where her birth planet once stood.

Finally, it was over. Liz fell to her knees with her eyes closed. Exhausted after what she had done, and after all the energy she had taken in such a short period of time, but she was still connected with the re-formed planet. She could see it as it once was, only now, it was filled with spirits of the Xothorn blood. She smiled as she saw her brother's form turn solid and he waved at her. Liz just smiled as the image faded. Opening her eyes, she looked at them. The brunette stood up and moved towards Max and kneeled again by his side. First she hugged him only to look at him. –It's done. Now, that chapter is closed. And we can start out own life.''
Elizabeth Kivana
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Weight of... (AA,CC/UC, Teen/Adult) Ch.40 8/04/08 (WIP)

Arianneleigh :D

Author's note: I'd like to think all my readers for their patience. With everything that was going on, between the move, lack of internet connection, my computer crashing down, collage works and everything, I simply couldn't find the time to get to re-typing the story from the old laptop. And I'm really sorry about that. Because very so often, I'd come lurking back and re-reading the story and missing it.

So, here it is...chapter 41. After this, there's chapter 42 and the epilogue. Sorry once again for the long wait.

Chapter 41

The wedding was beautiful. Liz wished for it to take place in a small chapel on the road. Only Max who had read her journal knew why they married there. After that, they went to Phoenix and ad a wedding for their friends. They invited Isabel, Michael, Maria and Alex. The original guests, plus some new ones - Tess, Kyle, Zan, Rath, Ava, Vince, Nikki and Serena. They danced the whole night long. As the radio began to play a very familiar sound, Liz stopped talking, in the middle of the sentence and looked at Max. - "We have to dance to this one. This is our song." - she told him with a smile and he nodded. Nobody else wanted or could dance anymore. And they didn't need anyone else.

Max got up first and extended his hand which Liz took. They walked to the dance floor where he pulled her close to him. His one hand on her hip, her one hand on his shoulder. Their other hand held by the other person's and wide smiles on their places. This was their wedding. Just like future Max had told Liz once.

They danced the night through the song. They did get tired but love made them strong. Love made them endure.

"So, what do you think?" - he asked her. She smiled. - "It's beautiful. Everything is just so perfect." - He nodded, glad. Looking to the side, they saw Serena holding their daughter. Little Lonnie was smiling so brightly that it made her parents proud. She was a very smart girl. She was no five month old and growing beautifully. She had her mother's face, hair and her father's amber eyes. She was a gorgeous little baby and everyone's pride and joy. She was close to her little cousin Phillip and she loved teasing him a lot.

"Max?" - Liz got his attention back after a while, as they continued to dance. He looked into the eyes of his wife. - "I have something to tell you." - It made him curious to hear what Liz would say. -"I think Lonnie's gonna get a sister."- Max's face turned serious at that point. He didn't believe it for a second and then he rose her in the air and spun her around. Putting her down, they continued to dance to the song as he released his grip from her hip and spun her around. Much like future Max once did. He was happy and it made Liz glad. Everything was perfect. Everything was completely perfect.
Nine months later, Liz gave birth to a healthy beautiful little girl. Their second daughter. This was one was named Alezzandra, after Kivana's daughter in their other life. When Zan head the name, he got proud because it was not only the name of Liz's and Kivana's daughters with him in their other life, but it was also the name if his past life's grandmother. So, really, it had many sources. And she was beautiful. She had very light brown hair, as all the women of the Vaxayn family and she had her mother's eyes. And her face was a lot like her aunt Isabel's. How strange genetics were. But she was beautiufl. By the time she was born, Lonnie was already 14 months old. And everyday, she looked so much like her mother. Also, Alexis, as she was called, had a middle name - Nancy. After her grandmother Mrs. Parker kept saying how they didn't need to do that.

But they could see she was happy.
By the time Lonnie was five and Alexis was four, Liz gave birth to another girl who they named Valerie Elizabeth because she didn't look like her mother or her father and they couldn't decide who she reminded them of. Eventually, they said it didn't matter right now because time would tell, when it was the right time.

In the mean time, Maria and Michael eloped and Maria was expecting her own child. Isabel had given birth to twins, a boy and a girl and it reminded everyone of Kivana Eli and Khivar but only because they were the only twins running around. They were called Laura and William. Alex and Tess were going through rough times. Alex was getting better and better at what he did while Tess never wanted to leave Roswell which made their relationship very difficult. Vince took over after Mr. Evans retired and he and Ava were buying their own house. She wasn't pregnant but they were trying by now. Nikki and Kyle were now in Los Angeles, visiting her parents. They weren't married and they weren't engaged. They had no plans in doing any of the two things, any time soon.

Kivana Eli and Larek had returned to Antar where they ruled together. They had four children, three sons and a daughter. Hearing such news, Liz thought that they could be leaded fuzzy mirrored lives. And that her forth child would be a boy. But she had just had their third so they weren't rushing it.

Isabel's twins were now two years old. She had finished her medical school and got an internship in Seattle. She had signed down as Isabel Stevens because that was the name Rath took not wanting to draw any suspicion and now they had doubts. Was going way for so long, on such a long distance a smart thing? Isabel had never been away from her family and now she was the mother of three and it was so much work. But she seemed ready for it.

They were now all in their mid-twenties and they all had choices to make. Nikki and Kyle loved Los Angeles while Vince and Ava were settling down in Roswell.

Rath and Isabel would probably be going to Seattle because it was a chance of a lifetime. maria and Michael had never planned on leaving Roswell. It was their home. Tess and Alex seemed to be having no future at the moment and it scared them. And not just them.

And Max and Liz? They were happy in Roswell. Liz ran the diner and Max was a full time partner of the UFO center. it was funny how the alien king ran an UFO center but it was home. And Larek was no longer Brody so there wasn't any problems with him.
It was the middle of the night when Liz and Max got woken up by the phone. Liz picked it up and heard Maria on the other line. -"Maria?"- Max looked at her.

"Liz, Alex just called me"- Maria said at first. Oh no. - "Maria, what's going on?" - she insisted. - "Tess left town. She dumped him."[/i] - she finally told her. -"Where is he?"

"In his apartment. I'm driving over there right now." - she explained and Liz was already on her feet putting on a pair of jeans. -"I'm coming too."- she said before hanging up. Max waited to hear what was going on. -"Tess dumped Alex and left town."- she explained as she took off her night gown and put on her bra.

"Couldn't you wait for the morning?" - Max didn't like the idea of his wife going out alone at this time of night, small town or not. She put on an ordinary shirt, with a picture of G.W. Bush that read 'George W. Bush is an alien'. As soon as her skin had connection with it, she had a flash of herself giving it to Sean DeLuca. Max rushed from the bed and held her before she could fall down. -"What was that?"- He sounded worried.

"I'm okay." - She lied looking at him and he didn't buy it. -"Liz, please."- He begged her. She shook her head. -"I'm alright, I swear. You need to take the girls while I'm gone and taking care of my best friend. Please, Max."- He finally nodded as he heard her begging tone. -"If you notice anything strange or you don't feel good, open our connection."- Their connection. There was a connection between them. It took Liz ages to open it and now, it was something normal between them that they didn't even talk about it. She nodded, silently promising and got up to finish getting dressed. He kept looking at her, to make sure she was alright. Without a single word, Max sat on the bed and watched her as she got her cell phone and car keys and left the house.
Last edited by Elizabeth Kivana on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elizabeth Kivana
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Weight of ... (CC/UC, Teen/Adult) Ch.41 6/02/09 (WIP)

pandas2001 - Don't be. ;) And you're still here. *hugs*

Chapter 42

Liz drove her car through town. The streets were empty and cold. Roswell was never cold these days, not even at night. She didn't like it.

She arrived to Alex's apartment in twenty minutes. It seemed everyone made sure they were getting their homes close to the diner. Which was good but it always made Liz wonder why. It wasn't like Roswell was a big city or anything.

"Alex? Maria?" - Liz called out to her friend as she entered. It was unlocked. Alex never left his apartment unlocked. Maria was known for it though. Looking around, she couldn't find anyone there. Where were they? - "ALEX?! MARIA?!" - she shouted. Nothing. That wasn't good. Maria said Alex was in his apartment and that that she was coming here. Oh, man! Where were they? Liz took her cell and dialed Alex's number. the line was clear. Then a familiar sound of the Simpson's theme began to play in the room. she turned around and saw the light. She picked it up and read her name on the screen.

Not good. She canceled the call and dialed Maria's number. Hungry Eyes song began to play in the hallway. She walked to it and picked up the phone. Yep, Maria's phone. This was not good. Instantly, she stopped and got her cellphone, dialing Max's number. - "Yeah?" - Max answered, half a sleep. -"Max, it's me. Something's wrong."- She told him, on the edge of tears. It was Alex and Maria. and she was getting scared for her best friends.

What's the matter?" - He questioned, fully awake now. -"Their cell phones are here but they're not."- She felt something salty on her lips. She let a tear go. Biting her lower lip, she waited for Max to replay. But he didn't. She began sucking her lower lip again. And old habit she had believed she was finished with. - "Max?" - She called out for him. -"I'm getting the kids dressed. Take their cell phones and get in the car and get back home. I'll call Michael." - She told her. He waited for a replay.

He never got one. Just a loud bang. A hit. "Liz?!" The cell phone had hit in the ground and there was nobody to answer him. Lonnie suddenly screamed through the phone. Nobody was in the room to answer him or to hear her loud sobbing. Where was Liz?
"Not bad." - a male voice said. A familiar voice. -"Told you so."- A female voice. Far more familiar voice. Tess. Liz tried to move and felt pain in her hands by doing so. Was she tied up? Why would she be tied up? Opening her eyes, Liz lifted her eyes. She was tied up to a chair, sitting down. The rope, as she felt it, was quite tight and was hurting her.

Looking ahead, the alien queen saw Tess, with Nicholas. What? Her brother was dead, and sow as Margon. And she thought she was done with Nicholas. But clearly, she was not. And why was Tess with him? She looked at her. -"what's going on, Tess?"- She couldn't help but asking her friend. -"Oh, nothing, I just got tired of watching you have my life."- Bum, came the answer. Liz couldn't help but stare at her. What was she talking about? Did she wall back to the other dimension? No, that was impossible. The granolith was what did that. And the granolith was safe and light years away. So what was going on? The questions raced through Liz's head. Quite annoying.

"What are you talking about Tess?" - She asked the blond, confused. -"Don't play dumb, Liz, this is my life. And you're the one living it."- Tess stood up and moved closer to the brunette. - "I'm supposed to be married to max. I'm supposed to have kids with him. at least I wouldn't be so unable to provide him a son."- The look Tess gave her was something she had not seen. No, it wasn't something she hadn't seen. It was something she had never seen on this Tess. But she had seen it before. It was disgust. Why? Liz kept staring back at her. Her eyes narrowed as she got totally confused. And getting more confused by the minute.

"Tess! You're not making any sense. Why are you acting like the evil bitch from that other world?" - Liz hissed at her. Called the other Tess an evil bitch from the other world. Where did she get that? Well, it was true. -"I'm just being myself."- A cold answer came back as she bent down and faced Liz. -"That's not you. I told you. You have a family. That one was raised by a killer. You're not her. You're a good person."- Liz insisted and all she got was Tess rolling her eyes as a replay.

"Whatever." - The blond spat out and stood up, walking away from her. -"Is that why you broke Alex's heart? Because you're a cold heated bitch?"- Liz continued, with a very sharp tone. Tess stopped in her tracks then and turned her head to the side before looking at her. -"He dumped me."- she said angrily. Liz widened her eyes. No way. Maria told her something else. Who should she believe? And annoying bitch from another world or her best friend? Oh, yes, the later. -"That's not what Maria told me."- Tess finally turned around with her entire body towards Liz. -"Well, either she's lying or Alex told her wrong."- It made no sense, no matter what Tess said.

Tess came back to her and kneeled down, cupping her face. -"Life sucks, Liz. You have to deal with it. No matter how many times you say you're staring over, the shadows will haunt you over and over again. you have to live with it, every day."- Liz didn't understand. -"She isn't lying. Or trying to scare you."- Nicholas suddenly said and she looked at him. What the hell? She was supposed to be the hostage, not getting advice from them.
"Liz, wake up." - Max gently called his wife. She opened her eyes to see her husband next to her. He was smiling down at her. She could see the image of Tess in her eyes, hear Nicholas peaking. But it all seemed like a dream. perhaps an important one. But why? Why was it so imporant that she couldn't just drop the past and move on? She just had to live. To live. How does one define that? After such a dream.
That day, Liz though about the message. she thought about the words. and its meaning. But she still didn't understand. Nor did she understand for years to come.

She and Max had a baby boy finally. Unsure how to call her son, she let Max make the choice. It was his son as well, after all. Parker Jeffrey Evans. Wow, that was some name. their son held his mother's maiden name. That was odd, to Liz at least. Everyone else seemed alright with it.

So, after ten years, the count of the children was: four for Max and Liz, one for Michael and Maria, three for Isabela nd Rath, soon one for Vince and Ava and non for Tess and Alex. Tess and Alex? Liz's dream was aprtly right. The two were over. But their break up was the decision from both of them. And it seemed like a good decision. Alex moved to Las Cruses completely and expanded his company. Tess however started dating Brody but with no commitments. They both seemed to like it and Tess was great with Sydney which was very important to Brody.

Isabel and rath were happy in Seattle. she called home whenever she had the chance since her job was pretty stressful and took a lot out of her. she told them about her life, about her colleagues and sometimes even about her cases. Everybody loved hearing about her life. They loved talking to her.

But Liz and Max definitely had the hardest time. They had to raise four children, with the first two being teenagers. Which wasn't good. Not good at all. But they managed. They lived. They survived. They withheld. That was life. That was their life. they had things to do, people to love, days to count. They had their whole life ahead of them and they enjoyed every moment of it. Some days were hard, others were fun but they had their family with them. All the children knew their story and all of them wanted to hear it which they got to hear. They learned about who they were because it was their choice, because it was their right. As the eldest, Lonnie was overprotective of everyone. It caused arguments sometimes but at the end of the day, everybody knew she did it out of love for them. And they loved her for it.

To tell the story of the children, it would take me months and months. I would tell you of their child, I would tell you of their life. I would tell you what kind of people they are. But if I were to tell you that, I would not be telling you about Liz anymore. Or Kivana Eli. and this story has been about her. About them. Even about Valerie, that was once an individual person. This was their story and this was their life. Liz Parker had lived an honorable life, filled with happiness, love, joy, sadness, grief, excitement, sorrow and everything else life brought her, that it brings to all of us. Each and every one of us. All I can show you is a little bit of the future.

Years and years into the future, when things had moved on and electronics evolved, Liz Parker retired from her work in the Crashdown. max was still a partner at the UFO center but he did not do any work. In fact, both of them had already written wills of their own. The diner was left to all of their children, equally. Alexis was the one in charge of it now, and Val was the cook there. Everybody wanted to have part in it. Lonnie actually took over her dad in the UFO center, so he left her his share. Parker became a lawyer and was working with Vince. Phillip Evans was proud of his grandson. He was not alive though anymore. In fact, he had passed away over twenty years ago. Isabel and Rath had never returned from Seattle. They made a life there. They were happy. Their children had made their own choices and were living their lives, with their families, in Seattle.

Maria and Michael stayed together, until thy were gray and old. Their son Matthew went to London and became a professor of music. Both of his parents were so proud of him. He and his wife, Lillian were expecting the birth of their first child. Matt promised to come home after his son was born.

Ava lost the baby she had been waiting for and was unable to have children after that. So, she and Vincent adopted a boy and a girl, siblings. Amelia and Johnny. They raised them the best way they could, giving them a good home and a happy life. They both made their parents proud, even though they knew they weren't their real children, ever since they were twenty years old. But they loved their parents, their real parents, no matter what their genetics said.

Alex had a wife. One named Gina. And they were happy together, with two children, but were computer wizards like their father and were helping in his company. Gina was author. Alex still cared for Tess a great deal. He never really forgot about her but he also loved his wife, his children and their life together. Tess and Brody ended up getting married which was a shock to everyone. They had a very lavish wedding, on their 15th anniversary of their first date. They never had children of their own but they did raise Sydney together and so Tess would always see Tess as her mother.
Elizabeth Kivana
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Weight of ... (CC/UC, Teen/Adult) Ch.41 6/02/09 (WIP)

pandas2001 - I know you are. But that's what the epilogue is for ;)
Arianneleigh Don't worry. :)

Here it is, the big finale. I promised by the end of Just One that this would have a good happy ending. And I'm keeping to my word. Plus, I first would not want it to finish bad. I hope you have enjoyed reading this story as much as I had loved writing it. This is the end of the very story, however, in about three weeks when my finals finish, I will begin re-typing the middle short story - Velonda's Redemption that is short but I found it necessary to explain what happened to Lonnie. Also, when that is finally comes the pretty long one that explains what happened to Liz on Antar. For now, enjoy the happy times. :)
Epilogue

No one had ever lived a life like Liz Evans. So many remakes, so many past lives, so many things she had to make right and all in a short period of time. Were three lifetimes enough? Was there something more she could fix if she had another one? My mother asked herself those questions many times in her life. She had no solid answer to her questions. Just answers that would help her make it through the day. And it seemed enough but it wasn't.

Years ago when we were little, mother had fallen asleep and fell to a vision. A vision that kept her mind busy to the end of her life. She never could understand it. Not until the day she died. In those last moments, wrapped in her husband's arms, she figured out what she was told and finally got her answer.

It wasn't about how many lifetimes she needed to fix things. It was how she used one life to deal with it. In the end, it wasn't about making things right with the world or with her mother. It was getting forgiveness form the ones she loved and most importantly, from herself. She had never forgiven herself for the crimes she had committed on Antar, as Kivana Eli. She had passed the guilt to the girl saved by Max Evans. She had passed the guilt to the spoiled Liz. And she never could forgive herself.

In her vision, she was told that she could not escape from the shadows of her past, that she had to live with them every single day. She did that. She lived with her shadows. But only because she never forgave herself. And she never completely accepted that our father had forgiven her a long time ago. But in his arms, in their last moments, she had realized that. Father had been telling about first time he saw her, all spoiled and bitchy, and how he had seen her - so beautiful, so true. And how he had fallen in love with her the moment he had seen her. She told him she loved him and she kissed him. and for the last time closed her eyes. He did the same. Almost like he knew what was to happen. And they fell to a deep sleep, their last one and they were together.

What happened after that?

I can only tell you what I know. Only what Alexis and I understood from her visions of the past. That helped us understand their moment together. And my visions of the future, of our parents, I saw them, in the most beautiful world. The skies were red, the sand was soft. I think I even saw my uncle and my grandmother with grandfather. I think they were on Ryctor, the planet of spirits, planet where all souls of the ancestors of the old royalty went on when my mother transformed the granolith into the planet. And I know for sure that I saw my aunt Lonnie there, happy and smiling. She looked just like my aunt Isabel. And my parents smiled too. Happy, together, kissing.

I told everyone what I had seen. Uncle Zan told me he wasn't surprised. Aunt Maria just hugged me, almost to death with joy. You don't really see a lot people being happy for someone's death.

It's been six years since my parents died. Pretty much everyone else followed soon after. They only ones still alive from that generation are Isabel, Michael and Serena. Everyone else has passed on. I miss them. I really do. I've learned so much from their lives, from their stories. And I suppose it makes me a better person as well.

So, what's the message I'm gonna bring to my children? Love and forgiveness. To love is to know. To forgive is to live and grow. I loved my parents and I knew what kind of love they shared. I love my husband and my new born child and I know what those loves are. I've seen through my mother what forgiveness can bring you - peace. She gained peace even if that peace lasted for only a minute. It meant far more then all those years inside her. Forgiveness also means freedom, especially when you forgive yourself.

My name is Velondra Diane Evans-Russell. I've never written in my mother's journal before but I felt like I had to now. I've just become a mother to a beautiful baby girl named Elizabeth Laqua. And the moment I saw her, I knew that a part me and a part my parents was in her. And that I had the duty to tell her who she was and where she came from. I know now that it's a mother's duty to tell her children that. I think I understood that before.

As I looked at her, I saw the future. Someday, she will be old enough and then I will give her this book and she will read what her grandmother and grandfather had written down. She will know then who she really is and where she comes from. Because it's not some little thing. My mother, Liz Evans was a great woman in every life. And this is the message I want to bring to my children and to my grandchildren in hope that they will follow my example. Because family no little thing.
Elizabeth Kivana
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Just One: The Weight Of The World (CC/UC,ADULT) Epilog 6/11

Author's Note:

pandas2001 - thank you. not just for the review of my epilogue but also all together. For being with me from the start, for giving me wonderful feedback chapter after chapter. I hope you hold on a little more until my finals are over for when I post the remaining two stories.

As for the rest of my readers, thank you for reading. I hope you look forward to Velondra's Redemption ( Lonnie's final days ) and after that Antar, my hell ( Liz and Kivana Eli's story ).