The Auction (M/L AU Teen/Mature) AN- 15th July pg6[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

The Auction (M/L AU Teen/Mature) AN- 15th July pg6[WIP]

Post by Amber Eyes »

Thanks to the charming Chad (RosDude ;)) for this amazing banner!

Author: Amber Eyes
Title: The Auction (2006)
Catagory: Max & Liz (AU)
Rating: Teen/Mature
Synopsis: Max, Michael, Maria and Liz all live as house mates, Max gets persuaded by Maria into joining a bachelor auction to raise money for charity. Suffering from the potential humiliation of not being bided on, he asks Liz to bid on him if no one else does, but Liz has other ideas of her own...... but so does fate who has a wicked sense of humour when it comes to love.
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, or any of the characters, those belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, UPN etc. All I own is this story and any of my own original characters that may or may not appear in this story, which stems from my imagination. And no infringement is intended.
Authors Note: Ok, the inspiration for this story came last December when a friend of mine wanted to do this date auction and have me as one of her 'victims.' LOL. No way in hell am I doing that, but it makes an interesting tale for Max and Liz don't you think? ;-)

Part 1

"Max, please?!"

"No Maria. No way, no how, no."

"Come on Max, it's for a good cause! All the money raised will go towards opening another new paediatric wing of the hospital. Think of how that will benefit all those--"

"Maria, I know it's a good cause, but isn't there another way to raise money? Better yet, why include me in it?"

"Because I need bachelors that's why." Maria sighed in exasperation and turned to her friend sitting next to her. "Liz, tell him!"

Liz smiled at her over-enthusiastic friend and sipped her ice tea.

The four house mates, Liz, Maria, Michael and Max were having brunch on the terrace of their apartment. The sun was shining, the breeze gentle and warm, life was perfect in that moment in time.

Though probably not for everyone.

"You do have to admit though Max, it is a pretty ingenious idea."

"Liz, putting me up in some bachelor auction like some cattle, some piece of meat is plain humiliating. And you know what's more humiliating? when no one bids on me. I'll be the laughing stock of the corporate world! Hell even in the dating world. I don't know what's worse."

Liz stifled a laugh.

Yeah right! No one bidding on Max Christopher Evans? The tall dark amber eyed god; the epitome of everything male and sexy. Yeah, the day no one bids on Max will be the day pigs will be flying in the sky with the birds.

If she could market Max as a type of food, she would use words like 'Yummy' 'Delicious' 'Scrumptious' 'Mouth Watering' 'Delectable' to tempt customers. The list was endless.

"Max, you'll be fighting the adoring women off with a stick. Whether or not people will bid on you will be the least of your problems."

"Why is it you women always stick together?" Max groused then turned to his friend sitting to his left. "Tell them Mike. Tell them what a big mistake it will be."

"Well, uh..." Michael shifts uncomfortably unable to meet his friend's eyes.

As Michael struggles to come up with an answer to appease both his friends, Max saw the smug grin on Maria's almost angelic-like face. Almost being the operative word.

"Oh my god. She got to you too didn't she Mike?"

"Well, I uh..."

"I can't believe you of all people would agree to such a crazy thing!"

Michael looked sheepish. "Well, you know, it might actually be fun Max." Michael grinned. "And besides, it's for a good cause. How bad can it be?"

"Famous last words Mike?" Max smirked and drank his coffee.

Maria leaned forward and propping her chin in her hands, she gave Max a devilish look.

"So Max. Are you in? or are you out?"

Max finished his last bite of bagel and wiped his mouth with a paper napkin. Glaring at Maria, he threw the napkin on the table.

"Ok, fine. I'm in. But you owe me big time Maria."

Maria and Liz high-fived each other and laughed.

Max shook his head in disgust at being bamboozled by a mere woman.

"Women!" He muttered the word disgusted as he left the table.

TBC!!

So tell me, what do you think of it so far? are you interested in continuing reading this story?

I kinda felt like writing a contemporary story with regular drama storylines. I got kinda sick of writing fantasy (but will continue Angelic Fire at some point, so fear not, for those of you who read it. ;))

I'm still typing out the 2nd part so hopfully will have it out soon.
Last edited by Amber Eyes on Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:13 am, edited 18 times in total.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Angelic Fire (Mature/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

OMG!! WOW! :shock: So many feedback and support in so few hours since posting the first chapter! Aww, you guys :oops:

Glad you liked the first 'teaser' chapter. I was typing up the next part when I realised part 2 was gonna be waaay to long in one posting, so I've had to make it into two parts.

Since you readers have been so good to me, I'll post the first half the the 2nd part. (still need to type up the rest)

And instead of making you wait, I'll post it now. How does that sound?

Read on! and remember, lots of constructive feedback please!

Part 2a

The crowd of mostly women, gave a thunderous roar of clapping hands, wolf whistles and catcalls as bachelor number one, a guy named Steve, did a slow modest striptease of taking off his jacket and his tie as he walked on stage.

Max watched from the side stage (out of the audience's range). His blood roaring in his ears, his palms sweaty; Max silently cursed Maria. How in hell did he manage to be persuaded into this ridiculous scheme of hers?

This was going to be so humiliating! There was no way on earth he was going to take off his clothes to get those crazy horny women to bid on him. It wasn't his style. He preferred women to like him for him rather then for his appearance (which personally he thought was average) or his money. The women he had previously dated seemed to fall into the latter category.

Oh God! What was he gonna do? Is it still too late to back out? He was seriously going to kill Maria for this stunt!

"Hey Max!" Liz ran up to him from backstage. "You doing ok?" He looked kinda green.

"Liz.... I....I don't think I can do this." He looked out onto the stage. "Did I mention I get stage fright? I hated drama in school."

"Max. Max, listen to me." Liz pulled his face to meet her gaze. "You'll be great, no worries. Those women out there will go nuts for you!"

"Liz I.... wait a minute.... yes, that's it! God! why didn't I think of this before? it's perfect!"

"Uh, what is Max?" Now it was Liz's turn to be uncertain. There as this mischievous gleam in his golden amber eyes.

Max grabbed Liz's arms and stared at her with enthusiasm.

"Liz, I need you to bid on me if no one else does ok?"

"Max, wha--"

"Whatever it costs, I'll pay you back for it. Trust me, it'll save me the humiliation on stage. Please Liz, will you do it? Please say yes, I'll be forever in your debt if you help me out just this once. Pleeease?"

Well, when he said it with such eager puppy dog eyes, what girl could resist? though for a man, he sure had little regard for the perception of his image. The guys Liz knew from work were all full of themselves and cocky. She sometimes wondered why she still associated herself with them.

"Ok, Max, fine. I'll do it."

"Great!" Max planted a big kiss on her soft cheek "You're the best! I won't forget this." Turning her around, Max sent her forward to join the rest of the audience. "Better get ready".

Liz walked in a haze back to her seat.

Oh. My. God.

Max Evans had just kissed her! Ok, so it was out of thanks for helping him out, but a kiss was still a kiss. And in truth, a truth that she only admitted to herself, she had a serious crush on Max. She had moved in with Maria and the guys about six months ago, but it was six long months of secret lust and longing for the amber-eyed one. She had been smitten with him from the first day Maria had introduced them.

"And now, for our next hunky bachelor. Ladies, feast your eyes on Mr Maxwell Evans!"

The crowd went wild as Liz watched Max step out onto the stage. He looked a little less green and a bit more relaxed than before.

Scanning the sea of women and a few men in the audience, Max spotted Liz and winked at her.

The other women, thinking he had winked at them, cheered and whistled even louder.

Liz was shocked to see the woman sitting next to her take of her lacy red bra and flung it towards the stage.

Max saw the blur of a flying red projectile and caught it just before it hit his face. Noticing what it was, he could feel his face heat up. He made an embarrassed gesture of 'thanks' then hid his hands behind his back.

"Max here, takes on the family business and now runs his very own shipping company; don't we all love a man of leadership?" The hostess winked at the crowd.

Max just cringed inwardly at that bit of information given.

"When not at work, our Max here loves to..."

Max focused on breathing in and out as the female hostess rambled on. God, he wished this would be over soon.

"And now, let's start the bidding at $5,000!"

Wait.

What?!

Five thousand dollars? The last guy only started on two thousand! Why did he get the raise? He looked to Liz and prayed she would come through for him.

"Do we have any bids for $5,000?"

A hand raised with the number plate of 42.

Max smiled and nodded at the blonde. Ok, someone did bid on him. Phew!

"Do we have $6,000?"

A jealous zing of feeling passed through Liz. She raised her number plate.

The hostess pointed to her. "Yes! we have $6,000!" Turning back to the crowd. "$7,000?"

Another woman raised her number plate.

"$8,000?"

Liz raised hers.

Max frowned at her. What the hell was she doing? Someone had already bidded on him, she didn't need to go through with the favour.

Max stood there and watched in fascination as Liz beat every other woman's challenging bids.

By the time they reached $15,000, Liz was getting tired of it and stood up.

"$50,000." She announced to the room.

A collective gasp and murmurs washed throughout the room.

"Would anyone like to challenge my bid?" She asked the room.

"Hell no! He's yours honey." Someone answered from the middle row.

The gravel clacked to end the bid.

"$50,000, sold to the lady in the red dress! Congratulation!"

The room applauded as Max walked off stage.

Liz sat back down, stunned by what she'd done. What the hell was Max going to think about it?!

TBC!!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Thank sooo much EVERYONE who's left feedback and to those of you who are just reading this. Your support means a lot to me to keep continuing to write for this :)

Enjoy the continuing part of Part 2.

Part 2b

The bachelor auction continued on in a blur for Liz. She hardly paid attention until it was Michael's turn to walk on stage.

What happened next could be classed as comical, though probably not everyone thought so. A bidding war had erupted between Maria and some guy.

Wait.... why was Maria bidding so fiercely on Michael? Maybe Maria was doing what she had done? Unless...... noooo....... did Maria have a thing for Michael? Now this was interesting. She'd have to ask Maria about it later when she got the chance.

Maria was fuming when the guy beat her $15,000 with $20,000. Maria could go no further. She'd maxed out and reached her limit.

Liz looked to the stage and saw Michael's expression of disbelief. Yeah, Michael was most likely gonna have to go on a date with Mr "Will Trumen" over there. Must be harsh on a straight guy. But hey, he did sign up for the job.

Later on, when the winning couples met up in the registration hall, Max smirked as he passed Michael.

"Remember your famous last words Mike?"

Michael groused as he stalked off. "Shut up Maxwell. remember, what goes around come around."

Spotting Liz, Max crossed the room to her.

"Hey Liz."

"Max hi!"

They stared at each other in awkward silence until Liz looked away embarrassed.

"Um, Max, about--"

"You didn't need to bid on me when someone else did."

"I know." Liz said softly looking down at her feet.

"So why did you?" Max asked curious.

Liz shrugged. She couldn't tell him the truth.

"Um, temporary insanity? I got caught up in the moment? In any case, I don't think we're allowed to back out now."

Max slowly nodded at her, his expression unreadable.

"I'll pay you the $50,000 back." Said Max.

Liz shook her head. "No, it's ok. It was my choice to bid on you."

"Are you sure? $50,000 is a lot of money."

"No, really, it's fine Max. Pocket change."

"Pocket change?"

Shit! She hadn't meant to let that slip.

"Uh, figure of speech. Um, you know, I think we should go register otherwise the charity can't process the donation."

Max knew a change of subject when he heard one, so he let it pass - for now. Liz was hiding something and he intended to find out what. Though they'd been living together for six months, he still didn't really know her all that well. She kinda intrigued him.

Walking over to the registration booth, Liz registered their names, filled out some forms and passed it over to Max to sign, then signed over the $50,000 cheque. The young woman (whose name tag said 'Heidi') accepted the forms and cheque and beamed a bright smile at them.

"Great! Thank you for your donation. Your date package will be a cruise for 10 days in the Mediterranean." She handed them a ticket card with their names on it. "Just queue up over there and you can receive your cruise tickets and details."

Max and Liz queued up in silence until Liz couldn't take the awkwardness anymore and broke the silence with idle chit-chat.

"Wonder how Michael's coping with his date."

Max chuckled. "I think he jinxed himself when he said 'How bad can it be?'"

"Hey, just wondering, did you and Mike share the same favour of having Maria and me bid on you guys?"

Max shook his head. "No, that was all my idea. Completely spur of the moment." He grinned.

"Oh. Huh."

"Why do you ask?"

"Oh well, I just thought it was weird how Maria bidded on Michael; you know, considering we all live together, and that it wasn't actually a favour."

The queue moved forward a few paces.

Max looked at Liz. "Maria actually has a crush on Mike for about a year now, so I'm not that surprised she actually made an offer for him. It was inevitable she'd try to get closer to him."

"Does Mike know?"

"Nope. He's as clueless as a dunce. He doesn't see the way she looks at him wistfully when he's not looking at her."

"Should we tell him?"

"Nah, I figured I'd let them sort it out in their own time."

They arrived at the attendant standing by the door who asked for their names and ticket number. Once given, he waved them through a corridor before emerging into a large room. There was a single table at the other side of the room with an attendant sitting before it waiting for them. A door that led to the out side had the sign "Exit" posted on the wall next to it.

Max leaned in and whispered in Liz's ear. His warm breath tickling her earlobe.

"This is all very elaborate isn't it? very secret society. I feel like I'm going to be initiated into some order or something. Have you noticed how we're the only couple here, and that with the way we came? it all seems to be one way only.

Looking behind them, Liz realised Max was right. No one else was behind them and the only way out of the room appeared to be the "Exit" door.

The woman, whose name tag identified her as 'Brenda' greeted them with a warm smile and checking their names and ticket number, gave them an envelope. Checking inside, Max found two plane tickets as well as two cruise tickets and a brochure of the Mediterranean destinations to visit.

"Ok, one last thing, we want all out winning couples to enjoy their time together, so to ensure that, we've added one little thing."

Max raised an eyebrow, "Oh? and what's that?"

"Both of you close your eyes and raise your hand out palms up."

Both Max and Liz looked at each other, then closing their eyes raised both arms out in front of them. They expected to receive something in their hands, but they were shocked to hear something click instead. Eyes flying open, they looked down to see Brenda had slapped a pair of handcuffs on them.

"It's just to ensure couples do actually keep their side of the bargain of carrying out the date and spending time together."

"You can't do this!" Liz cried.

"Yes I can. You signed the contract, which is why they let you in here to get your tickets. You did read the fine print did you not?" Brenda said with a twinkle in her eyes.

Ah shit!

Yeah, bet everyone else got suckered too.

It's always the fine print isn't it?

Max watched Liz's face go from pale to bright red. "We can have the keys right?" Liz asked panicked.

"'fraid not. At least not until you board the cruise-ship, which leaves tomorrow evening by the way; so you better get home and pack.

Officially dismissed, Max and Liz left through the exit door and came out into the garden filled with other couples.

They were all in handcuffs just like them.

"They got you guys too huh?" A guy said as he passed with his handcuffed date.

Michael smirked at Max when he saw him. He raised his own handcuffed hand then indicated to the pair cuffed to Liz's wrist.

"Like I said Maxwell, what goes around comes around."

If looks could kill, Michael would be a dead man.

TBC!! Well, what did you think? feedback would be appreciated! ;)
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Thanks to everyone who's supporting this story!

Abbs007
Poison Ivy
RASaero611
candycane14
anonymousarfan
strawberry88
Behrobsession
Evansgurl01
POM
ShatteredDreamer
Pandas2001
PMP
jamy21
LairaBehr4
Emz80m
dreamer19
behrluv32
aussietrueblue
nibbles2
Alien614
begonia9508
francesca
Erina
LegalAlien

And anyone else I've accidently missed, THANK YOU!! :D

Part 3

Back at the apartment, Max and Liz packed in awkwardness, especially when Max saw the various types of lacy lingerie Liz was placing in her suitcase. He could feel his face heating up as he averted his gaze. Did Liz really wear such sexy undergarments?

No, no, no!

This really wasn't helping. He needed to think about something else.

'One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three--

"Ok, that's me all packed."

Thank God!

Later on in the evening, Max and Liz were just about to sit down to watch a movie, when the front door opened and a sour faced Maria walked in followed by Michael and his 'date.'

"Hey guys," Liz greeted.

"Yeah, whatever." Maria groused and headed for the kitchen.

Liz was about to get up to go see how her friend was, but the pull on her shackled wrist reminded her she was still bound to Max. She doubted Maria would appreciate a guy eavesdropping in on a girl chat moment.

Maria huffed back out and plopped herself onto the single sofa then dug into her carton of Ben and Jerrys. Her eyes closed in bliss. Aah, nothing can beat the blues like comfort food can.

Liz turned her attention back to Michael and raised an eyebrow in inquisition.

He shrugged.

Liz looked over to Michael's date.

Ah yes, introductions.

Michael cleared his throat. "Um, guys, this is Kyle. Kyle, this is Liz," he pointed to Liz, "Max," he pointed to Max. "And of course, you know Maria."

"Hi Kyle."

"Hey Kyle."

Both Max and Liz said in unison.

Maria continued to ear her ice-cream in silence and watched the TV screen.

Max and Liz exchanged a look that said 'uh oh, this could get real awkward."

"Um, why don't you guys sit down? So what was your date package?"

Michael and Kyle sat in the remaining double sofa. "We got a 10 day cruise to the Mediterranean. What did you guys get?"

"The same." Max replied.

"Ah, good! Maybe we'll see you there!" Kyle spoke in his Italian accent.

Maria muttered something under her breath that sounded a lot like "Well duh!"

Liz looked nervously to Max.

He grimaced. Yeah, he'd heard Maria too.

Focusing her attention on Kyle, Liz asked "So Kyle, tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?"

"It will be my pleasure!" Kyle beamed. "Well, I was born in America to American and Italian parents. I grew up in Italy mostly, hence my accent." He chuckled. "I have two brothers and three sisters..."

About two and a half hours later, Kyle was still going strong in his tales about his life. So engrossed was he, he didn't notice how the movie had long finished playing and Maria was fast asleep in her seat. Her head lolled to one side on the headrest. Liz, herself drowsy with sleep was reclining against Max's chest. Looking upwards, she saw Max wasn't fairing much better than her. She made eye contact with Michael, who scratched his brow sheepishly. He had no idea was such a talker! At first he thought Kyle was interesting since they had a few things in common to talk about as they made chit chat. But now.....

There was a moment of silence as Kyle took a breather. Seeing the opportunity, Michael quickly jumped in saying "You know, it's getting late, and we have to get to the airport early in the morning. Lets call it a night shall we?"

They all got up.

"Uh, should we wake up Maria?" Michael asked. In truth, he didn't want to wake her. Sleeping Maria was serene and peaceful. Awake Maria was grouchy and..... well, she'd just been acting really strangely all evening. She was probably still pissed off cos Kyle had beaten her in the auction. Maria was very competitive and hated to lose.

"Nah, lets just let her sleep here." Max said, and together with Liz, placed an afghan coverlet over their slumbering friend.

As the four duo headed down the hallway to their rooms, it finally hit Max and Liz of their sleeping arrangements.

"Um, just wondering, what are your sleeping arrangements?" Liz asked Michael and Kyle.

"Oh, we discussed this earlier, Michael said he had sleeping bags, though I'd love to share a bed with Mikey-boy here, I know he'll be uncomfortable about it, so we'll be camping on the floor."

Liz could only nod.

Damn. Why hadn't she and Max sorted this out beforehand?

"Well, 'night guys, see yous in the morning." And with that, Michael and Kyle left Max and Liz alone in the hallway.

Alone to their silent awkwardness.

"So..."

"So..."

"Um..."

"Yeah, uh...."

They laughed nervously as Max scratched behind his ears.

"So do you have any sleeping bags?" Liz asked.

"Uh no. And I don't think Mike has anymore spares."

"What about Maria"

"You really wanna wake her up to ask?"

"No, you're right."

"Look, it's only for one night; and all we'll be doing is sleeping."

Liz could only nod since her throat felt as dry as sandpaper.

"We can sleep in your room if it makes you more comfortable." Max said trying to ease Liz's discomfort.

"Um, I only have a single bed." Liz said, unable to meet his gaze. The thought of them crammed into a single made Liz throb and tingle in places that had no business feeling and reacting. Especially now.

"Uh, I um..." Max cleared the huskiness from his throat. "I have a king sized bed..."

Liz nodded as she stared wide-eyed at him. "I guess we'll be sleeping in your room them."

Together they headed for Max's room.

As soon as Liz entered Max's sleeping quarters, his spicy exotic scent enveloped her and assailed her senses. Liz breathed it in and revelled in it. She could happy sit in his room all day breathing him in. But the good always came with the bad. And the bad was this; his spicy scent was seriously turning her on! really not good since she was about to share a bed with Mr-come-over-here-and -jump-my bones. And those sheets of his was most likely absorbed with his sexy scent. Like pheromones to attract a mate.

This was going to be a long night.

"We'll have to sleep in out clothes...."

As oppose to naked? Uh oh! More images assailed Liz's hormone charged mind. Images of them in a naked tangle of sweat slicked limbs and body parts. Images of Max on top of her, moving, caressing, sliding in and out.... all this while they were still bound together by the handcuffs.... oh lord!

"....since we can't change clothes because of these handcuffs." Max jiggled their bound wrists.

"What!" Liz squeaked out snapping out of her erotic daydream.

Max looked at Liz for a moment.

"Uh, you ok Liz?"

Liz nodded vigorously. "Umm Hmm! I'm fine!"

"Look, I know you might be uncomfortable with this, but I promise I'll be a perfect gentleman. You'll be quite safe."

Yes, that may be true, but the real question was, was he safe from her?

They climbed into bed, both lay there stiffly, their bodies separated by a wide gap between them. Even their handcuffed hands didn't touch as it lay side by side next to each other.

"Goodnight Liz. Sweet dreams."

"Goodnight Max."

Both stared up at the ceiling for a long time before sleep claimed them.

TBC! As usual, lots of constructive feedback is appreciated. I wanna know what you think. ;)
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Part 4

Liz awoke the next morning to bright sunlight filtering streaks into the room. A room that looked masculine and smelt masculine. This was not her room. So where the hell was she?

And then, as her mind began to wake up, it all came back to her. The auction, the bid, the handcuffs, the upcoming cruise. The..... it was then she realised where she was sleeping; not only was she sleeping in Max's room on Max's bed whilst handcuffed to him, she was literally sleeping on him!

Liz lay sprawled out on top of Max, her free arm flung across his body, her legs a tangle with his. Slowly, so as not to jostle him, Liz raised her head to look at his face. She gave a little gasp as her eyes went wide.

There had been no need to be careful in fear of waking him; Max was already awake and right now gazing down at her with sleepy bedroom eyes.

"'Morning." he greeted in a husky voice.

"Good morning. Um sorry, I didn't mean to use you as a pillow." Liz started to shift away but stopped when Max's free hand slipped around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"No, its ok Liz, I don't mind."

Liz relaxed her body against Max's and placed her head back on his chest. She continued to gaze up at him.

"You look so adorable in the morning; do you know that? with your hair all sleep tousled and your face free of make-up."

Liz blushed and covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

"Max, I think you're still asleep."

"Sleeping with my eyes open?"

"You're dreaming."

"If I am, then I never wanna wake up."

Liz giggled. "We all have to wake up soon, we have a cruise to go on remember?."

Max closed his eyes for a long while and Liz thought he'd gone back to sleep, but then his eyes opened and he sighed.

"Ok, I'm awake now. back to reality."

Walking to the bathroom together, they stood side by side and brushed their teeth and washed their faces.

Now they stood in awkwardness.

"Um, Liz, I really have to...." Max indicated the toilet.

"Yeah, me too, for like the last 15 minutes."

"Ok, you go first then."

Liz turned on the tap full blast before dealing with natures call. There was no way she as going to let Max hear her peeing. As if this wasn't humiliating and awkward enough already.

When it was Max's turn to tend to business, things got a little bit more personal than Liz wanted.

Max fumbled with the button and zipper on his jeans with his free hand but couldn't seem to get the task done. He looked over at Liz, who had her back turned to him.

"Uh, Liz"

"Yeah?" She turned to look at him.

"Um, this is kinda embarrassing, but I'm gonna need both hands."

Liz's gaze automatically dropped to his crotch before flitting back up to his face.

"Oh...." Her face burned with heat. "Um, ok, just.... uh... ok, lets get this over with." She turned her back once more and felt her hand being tugged and jostled as Max got down to business. She tried to keep her hand as far away from the 'danger zone' as possible. She really didn't want to accidentally molest him in places she had no right touching.

No such luck.

Her knuckles grazed across soft warm skin. It was only a fleeting moment, yet she might as well have placed her whole hand against his body; branding him.

Liz's gaze clashed with Max's. Awareness zinged and sparked between them. A sensual electric current passing in that moment in time and choosing that moment to wrap itself around these two people.

"Max?" A soft whisper of his name came from her lips.

"Liz...." His husky voice answered her call.

They stepped closer together.

knock knock knock

"Hey, come on! We haven't got all day. Other people need to use the bathroom too you know! Geez."

As soon as it came, the sensual haze left just as quickly; as though it had never been.

"Right, be right out Michael." Max called.

Sitting down to breakfast, Max and Liz remained relatively quiet.

"What's up with you two?" Michael asked as he poured milk onto his cereal.

"Nothing." Max and Liz said in unison.

"Uh huh." Michael said, unconvinced.

"So, did you two sleep well?" Liz asked.

"I slept like a baby." Kyle smiled.

"Michael?"

Michael simply grunted in answer and ate his cereal.

Kyle looked at Michael then regarded Max and Liz with cheeky grin.

"Michael was a little surprised when he woke up this morning."

"Oh really? What happened?" A twinkle beamed in Liz's eye.

"Well," Kyle began. "I was having the most pleasant--"

"I was not surprised." Michael cut in as his spoon pinged against his now empty bowl. "It was more like having the shock of a life time. A nightmare to wake up to if you will."

"Ooh! do tell!" Liz encouraged sitting forward.

"It's one thing to wake up with a woman in your arms, but when you wake up with another man's arms around you, and stroking you affectionately...." Michael sighed. "I rest my case."

Both Max and Liz and even Kyle broke out in roaring laughter. Michael ignored them and took a drink of his coffee.

"Ah, do not be so disappointed Michael, I'm sure I can make a Queen out of you yet." Kyle teased.

Michael's mouthful spray of coffee over the table made the group laugh even harder.

"Ha, ha, ha. Very funny." Ok time to change the subject. "Hey, has anyone seen Maria this morning?"

"I think she's gone on her usual morning run." Max answered.

"I hope she gets back before we leave to say goodbye." Liz said. She really felt bad that they were all going on a cruise and Maria being left behind. Not to mention Maria was really pissed off yesterday and she wanted to see if her friend was ok.

About 45 minutes later, and still no Maria in sight, the group left for the airport.

"Hey Michael? Have you ever been initiated into the Mile High Club?" Kyle asked teasingly. He couldn't help himself. "I'm a member, I could initiate you if you like. It's out of this world."

Max and Liz looked at each other and chuckled. They could've sworn they heard Michael's molars gnashing together.

TBC!!

Sorry about the long wait. Hope you enjoyed the chapter and wasn't too disappointing.
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi guys,

Ok, so I've been really busy and haven't ahd the time to complete this chapter yet, but what I'll do is post it in 2 parts. You can read the first part now and I hope it'll keep you going until the rest of it is raedy. I know its short, but hey, it's better than nothing right? ;)

Part 5A

The group stood in the long line of queuing handcuffed couples ready to board the cruise ship. The flight to Casablanca had been a strange experience. Now they knew how criminals must feel in handcuffs. The way people stare and whispered to one another, wondering... But hopefully once they boarded the ship, someone will have the keys to free them.

Once on the ship, they were told their cabin number and to go and drop off their suitcases and freshen themselves up before all meeting up again in the main dining hall in an hour.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Michael stood in the room as still as a statue. He surveyed the room in dismay.

This was some serious cosmic joke!

The first faux pas was the huge king sized bed four poster bed in front of him. The second faux pas was all the naked Greek gods and goddess statues strategically placed around the room.

Kyle dragged Michael to the side wall where a naked Adonis posed.

"Ooh! check him out!" Kyle ran a hand down the statues abbs and wandering lower. "Come on Michael, have a feel, it's pure perfection" He purred.

"Maybe later! Come on, lets go find Max and Liz." Michael quickly dragged Kyle away from the statue and out the door.

Yup, this was some sick cosmic joke. He bet all the gods and goddess's in their room was laughing their pants off at him. Oh wait... that's right, they didn't wear any!

TBC!!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Grr... suffering computer troubles at the mo. This was suppose to continue in 5A, but since Zanity has already read it and replied.....

part 5B

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Max and Liz were sitting in the dining hall having a drink at the bar when Michael caught up with them.

"You ok Mikey? You look kinda flushed" Max commented.

"Uh, yeah, fine." Michael eased onto the bar stool next to Kyle. "So, uh, how was your room?"

"It's great!" Enthused Liz. "It's modern, but with a hint of old world charm to it."

"Old world... like uh, naked Greek statues?"

Lix frowned. "Uh, no?"

"Oh." Michael cleared his throat and ordered a drink.

Liz glanced at Max then back at Michael; a cheeky light bulb lighting up in her head. "Why? is your room full of naked statues or something?" She grinned.

Kyle sipped his cocktail and chose that moment to join the conversation.

"Our room is a place of paradise; a perfect place for the pure pleasures of the mind and senses."

For the second time in as many hours, Michael spluttered his drink.

TBC!!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi Everyone,

Yeah, I know, breaking up really sucks :cry: but I always believe that things happen for a reason, and if it wasn't meant to be then it wasn't meant to be. I might have been miserable for a long time if the relationship had continued on.

The good thing about being a writer is that I can use writing as therapy. (though not for this fic though) That and listening to lots of rock music such as Evanescence and Bullet For My Valentine, wear lots of black to work! (includes painting my nails black too!) lol! :P It sure gets out all the negative vibes though!

I've started wearing white/light colours again. A sign I'm healing? and moving on? I hope so!

Here's teh continuing part of part5. I hope it doesn't suck too much. I've tried to write it with a happy vibe rather than angsty vibe.

Part 5b

A spotlight beamed onto the stage. A medium height dark-haired man who somewhat resembled Sean Hayes, bounded onto the stage and took the mike.

"Good evening ladies and gentleman; and welcome to the bachelor auction Mediterranean cruise!"

The crowd cheered and clapped.

"My name is Andrew McClain and I will be your cruise director for this evening and the rest of the journey. Hopefully I can make your stay more pleasant." He beamed a smile at the crowd then winked at Kyle, who was sitting nearest to the stage.

Kyle winked right back at him.

"As you all know," Andrew continued. "We added the surprise of handcuffing you guys together. This was just so all participating couples don't 'escape' from each other, shall we say. Plus we really do want you to enjoy this vacation. You donated a vast amount of money to help a special cause, it's only fair we give you a proper 'thank you.'

The crowd cheered and clapped and whistling filled the air.

"And now, I'm sure all of you would like to be de-handcuffed from your partner; although, I do have to say," He gave them a sly grin. "It is a completely optional choice."

After the couples for de-linked from each other, they all sat at the various elegantly laid out tables. Smartly dressed waiters served wine and champagne before the meal.

"Hi, I'm Courtney" The young blonde woman sitting next to Michael introduced with a dainty outstretched hand.

"Michael." Michael said and shook her hand. It felt really good to have both hands free again!

"It's been quite an unexpected twist don't you think?" All this elaboration just to get us on a cruise.

Michael had briefly wondered if Maria had come up with the handcuff idea (since she did come up with the bachelor auction) or had someone else added the surprise? He'd have to ask her when he next saw her; because if it had been her idea, then she was in for a would of throttling after what she put him through with Kyle.

Speaking of Kyle, where was the guy? Scanning around the room, Michael caught him shamelessly flirting with Andrew. A stab of jealousy zinged through him. Wait a second... Jealousy? He was jealous of Kyle flirting with another guy? What the hell did he have to be jealous about?! As far as he was concerned, the farther away he stayed from Kyle the better.

Taking his flute of champagne he downed it all in one go.

Later on that night, Max and Liz were in their room getting ready for bed.

Max walked out the bathroom wearing only his black silk boxer shorts and nothing else. He glanced at Liz who was standing in front of the vanity mirror brushing her hair. She smiled at him in the mirror then focused on her task.

He took in what she was wearing.

Definitely NOT Victoria Secrets.

Liz wore baby pink and white Hello Kitty pyjamas. (A white vest top with a picture of Hello kitty on the front and pink bottoms with Hello Kitty all over them)

Strangely enough, he found the outfit rather adorable on her slim figure. And it was turning him on...

Hmm, maybe it was Victoria Secrets after all!

He cleared his throat and averted his focus.

"Um, are you sure you want to share the bed? I could always sleep on the floor you know."

"Huh? Oh! Uh, no it's fine. And the bed's probably more comfortable than the hard floor." She placed her hairbrush on the table and turned to face him. "It's a large bed, I'm sure we can keep to our respective sides." A thought flitted though her mind. "Unless if you would rather not and prefer to sleep on the floor--"

"No! no!" Max quickly interjected. "Bed's fine."

Liz smiled. "Right."

Switching off the lights, they both climbed into the soft bed.

They both stared at the ceiling.

"Hey Max?"

"Yeah?"

"I have a confession to make."

"Oh? And what might that be?"

"Um, I have a slight fear of boats."

Max turned his head to the side and looked at her profile.

"Why didn't you say anything? I'm sure they would've made an exception for you not to attend this cruise."

Liz turned her head to the side and looked at Max. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I didn't want to make a fuss."

Yeah right Parker! Her mind taunted. You didn't say anything cos you wanted the opportunity to spend time with Max; even though you know you are more than just 'slightly' afraid of boats.

Liz willed her mind to shut up.

"So what happened? What made you so afraid of boats? Though you seem fine though. I never suspected anything."

Liz yawned and turned her back towards Max.

"Its's a long story. I'll tell you about it another time... maybe. And I seem fine because... well, I feel less afraid when I'm with you Max. Dunno why, but you make me feel... safe." Liz yawned again. "Goodnight Max."

Max was silent for a moment gazing at her turned back. Liz sure was an enigma. She intrigued him. What on earth was she hiding? And as a male, he couldn't resist the challenge of unravelling the puzzle that is Liz Parker. To find out about the real woman beneath the closed off exterior. To find out her deepest darkest secrets.

He grinned a male grin in the dark.

"Goodnight Liz."

TBC! Feedback please!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay, here's the next part, oh! and I've added a recap of part 5.

lol, I've always wanted to say this.... :mrgreen:

"Previously on The Auction...."

"Hey Max?"

"Yeah?"

"I have a confession to make."

"Oh? And what might that be?"

"Um, I have a slight fear of boats."

Max turned his head to the side and looked at her profile.

"Why didn't you say anything? I'm sure they would've made an exception for you not to attend this cruise."

Liz turned her head to the side and looked at Max. She shrugged her shoulders.

"I didn't want to make a fuss."

Yeah right Parker! Her mind taunted. You didn't say anything cos you wanted the opportunity to spend time with Max; even though you know you are more than just 'slightly' afraid of boats.

Liz willed her mind to shut up.

"So what happened? What made you so afraid of boats? Though you seem fine though. I never suspected anything."

Liz yawned and turned her back towards Max.

"Its's a long story. I'll tell you about it another time... maybe. And I seem fine because... well, I feel less afraid when I'm with you Max. Dunno why, but you make me feel... safe." Liz yawned again. "Goodnight Max."

Max was silent for a moment gazing at her turned back. Liz sure was an enigma. She intrigued him. What on earth was she hiding? And as a male, he couldn't resist the challenge of unravelling the puzzle that is Liz Parker. To find out about the real woman beneath the closed off exterior. To find out her deepest darkest secrets.

He grinned a male grin in the dark.

"Goodnight Liz."

Part 6

The gathering storm clouds loomed overhead in the darkened night sky; the air sparked with electrical energy from the brief flashes of lightning hidden within the clouds.

Far below on earth, a luxury yacht swayed and bounced on the ever increasingly treacherous waves. And to think it had been such a calm night a mere moment ago.

A little dark-haired girl stood by the safety rail and gazed out at the distance. She clutched her teddy bear closer to her chest.

She was scared.

Mommy and Daddy.

She needed the comfort and protection of her parents.

As she turned to make her way back inside, the yacht rocked more and more unsteadily; waves were beginning to crest over the boat. The little girl battled her way through the ferocious wind and rain; her night-dress barely protecting her from the harsh elements.

Reaching out blindly for the door handle, she was shocked to find none.

Where was the door? It was right here!

Racing around the boat, she looked for another door but to her horror, found that there was none. She was sealed out.

How could this be?!

"MOMMY! DADDY!" The little girl cried out for her parents, but her cries were snatched away by the roar of the wind and sea.

She banged her small fists against the wall.

"Please let me in! Please..." She slid down and sat on the cold floor; her tears streaming down her face. She was so scared and alone. Lost.

Suddenly, the wall she was leaning against, gave way and she fell through the doorway.

A little shocked, but glad to be inside, she picked herself up and closed the door behind her.

Passing a mirror, she discovered she was no longer a child, but her adult self. She must be in a dream. A dream that was as familiar as her shadow. A dream that had haunted her for so long. A dream she had no control over, even though she knew what was to come.

The lightning guided her to her parent's cabin. The door was closed. Reaching out slowly, she turned the handle and let the door swing slowly open creating an eerie creaking ominous sound. Lightning flashed and illuminated the room. Inside the room, lay two caskets side by side.

Liz choked out a sob.

Deep in her heart she knew who the coffin's belonged to, but she was still unable to stop her feet from moving forward on their own volition towards the very thing she wanted to run away from.

Stopping in front of her parent's caskets, she hand reached out to open the lid.

'No God, please don't make me do this!' Her mind cried out.

The lid began to open...

'No, no, no, no, no, no....' Her mind chanted.

A voice in the room called her name.

"Liz, wake up!"

Liz jerked awake and stared wide eyed at nothing at first, until her vision began to focus on Max's face leaning over hers. Concern etched his features.

"You were having a bad dream."

She tried to reassure him that she was fine, but no words came out her mouth. She wasn't fine. Her mind was still trapped between dream and reality.

"I..."

Seeing her distress, Max held her tightly against him and kissed the top of her head affectionately.

"Shh... You don't have to say anything."

Liz snuggled closer to Max and let his comfort seep into her. Closing her eyes, she relished the feel of his strong arms banded around her; his arms rubbing soothingly up and down her arm and back. She breathed in and let his scent calm her agitated mind. Her fingers resting on his naked chest moved subconsciously over his warm smooth skin.

For the rest of the night, they remained in that comforting embrace.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Max stirred awake and opened his eyes. He watched the sunlight filter in through the curtains and into the room. Looking down at Liz who still slept in his arms, he smiled to himself. She looked so unguarded and peaceful. Stroking the back of his index finger down her cheek, he marvelled at how soft and smooth it was. God, she was beautiful.

Liz started to stir awake.

"Good morning beautiful. Did you sleep well?" Max asked as she blinked awake.

Liz smiled and snuggled against him. If only they could wake up together like this every morning.

"I got enough sleep to keep me going." Liz yawned and stretched her body.

Max gritted his teeth at the contact feel of her curves against his naked skin.

Max hated to spoil the intimate mood, but he was curious about Liz.

"So what were you dreaming about last night?"

He felt Liz stiffen against him.

"I don't really remember."

He knew she was lying.

"Ok, so why are you so afraid of boats?"

"Max, can we not have this discussion now please." It wasn't a request but a statement.

"Liz, it does help to talk to someone about it, otherwise whatever is causing you the pain will just keep on haunting you. It's like a wound that never heals."

Liz remained silent.

"Liz?" Max prompted.

Liz pulled out of his arms and got out of bed.

"I'm going to take a shower."

Max didn't know what possessed him to keep pushing the subject, but he did. He caught up with her in the middle of the room and pulled her arm to a stop.

"What happened to your parents?"

Max saw the colour drain from her face. He knew the question would be a deathblow for her. he'd heard her anguished cries for her parents in her sleep. But if it would get her to open up to him, maybe she can start to heal from whatever still haunted her. Either that, or he'd taken a gamble and she'd shut him out for good forever changing the dynamic of their friendship.

"Max, let me go; I don't want to talk about it."

Max gripped her arms with both hands, refusing her request.

"What happened to them Liz?"

"Max please!" She pleaded as she tried to struggle free from his grip. "I don't want to talk about them."

"Why? Don't you love them?"

Max felt Liz tremble at his cruel words.

"Of course I love them! How can you say that!"

"Then why do you act as though you don't care about them?"

"I do care..." Liz fell to her knees and sobbed. "So much so that it hurts to breathe, to continue on living, to continue being 'normal happy Liz.' I'm tired of it, but you know what? it keeps me going, it keeps me living on day after day. Alone. Without them. But I'm living."

Max knelt on the floor next to her. Holding her face in his hands, he wiped away her tears with his thumbs.

Liz breathed in a trembling breath.

"My parents are dead Max. I... I think they were murdered."

TBC!! :shock:
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds

Amber Eyes
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Amber Eyes »

Hi readers, sorry for the wait... :oops:

Here's the next part. Enjoy! and as always, lots of constructive feedback please :wink:

Part 7

As revealing secrets go, Max was floored by what he'd just heard.

"Come again?"

"I said I think my parents were murdered."

"What makes you think that?"

"Uh, cos they're dead?"

"I'm sorry for your loss Liz. " He'd had no idea that her parents were no longer with her; he wondered if Maria knew anything about it, but then again, Liz was a very private person. "What I meant was, why do you suspect foul play? How did they die?"

Liz looked at the floor and absently ran her fingers across the carpet. Like a child reluctant to talk about a matter that upset them.

"I was 14." began Liz slowly. "My parents were hosting a party onboard their yacht; they were celebrating the increased turnover of $3 million." Liz saw Max's eyes widen. "My parents own a chain of 5 star hotels and upscale jewellery stores around the globe."

Max nodded slowly in understanding. "That's why the $50,000 you paid at the auction was 'pocket change' as you called it."

Liz looked sheepish. "Yeah, that was a slip-up on my part. I don't really like telling people I'm rich. They tend to start treating me differently or just befriend me for my money. So I tend to keep it low key and be as 'normal' as possible. Hell, I even have an alias."

Max grinned. "So Elizabeth Parker isn't your real name?"

Liz laughed. "It's my name, but my 'rich' social circles know me as Beth Sinclair. My full name is Elizabeth Sinclair-Parker."

"So you go by Liz Parker in everyday use, but come special events and gatherings, you doll up as Beth Sinclair."

"Yup."

"Wow! You're like a top secret spy girl!" Max joked.

Liz gave a genuine bubbly laugh at his joke.

Max smiled. It was good to hear her laughing.

"So what happened at the party?"

"Things went fine at the party. The staff and my family members that could make it had a blast. Dancing; champagne, you know the whole works. After the party ended and everyone got dropped off at the pier, my parents wanted to spend some time together star gazing out at sea since it was such a lovely night. They were very much in love you know." Liz smiled with fondness.

Max smiled in return and shifted so he leaned against the bed. he waited for her to continue, instead, Liz shifted and sat next to him. She leaned her head back against the side of the mattress and stared ahead.

She was no longer smiling. Instead, a pain filled its place.

"It came from nowhere. One minute things were fine and the next, this freak of a storm blew in from nowhere. My father was an excellent sailor, he usually stays so calm and focused on getting to safety. But this time.... something was wrong, he wasn't focused, it was as though he was struggling with something, you know like when you're exhausted and you try to fight the sleep that's trying to pull you under. You try to keep your eyes open but it's no use."

Max nodded.

"I got scared, went to look for my mom who was somewhere on the boat looking for life jackets. I saw a fleeting shadow and thought it was her so followed onto the top deck. I called out to her, but the roar of the wind and sea drowned out my cries. I continued to look for her, but the boat was swaying like mad and water was cresting over the side of the boat. I'm surprised I didn't get washed away. Anyway, I felt someone was behind me but before I got the chance to turn around to see who it was, I felt a pressure on my back and the next thing I knew, I was overboard and fighting for my life in the torrent sea."

"You think you were pushed?" Max asked.

"I don't think it. I know it. I might not have seen who had pushed me, but I know someone was behind me and shoved me overboard with intent."

Liz stared at Max and Max stared back.

"You don't believe me." Liz said in disgust. "And why would you, if the authorities didn't." Liz moved to get up.

Max grabbed her hand to still her.

"Liz, I'm not saying I don't believe you, but are you sure about this? after all, being in the middle of a storm and lost at sea..... it could have been the wind that pushed you? or maybe even the rocking of the boat that made you fall?"

Liz looked at Max for the longest time.

"I know what I felt Max; and I trust my gut instincts." Liz pulled her hand away from him and took a step back. "It's OK Max, you don't have to believe me, no one else has. You needn't concern yourself over the matter anymore. It's all in the past. My past." And with that, Liz walked into the bathroom and closed the door with a click.

Max sighed.

Damn.

TBC!!
My AU dreamer fics:
The Auction Teen/Adult)
Watching Clouds