Rocky Romances in Roswell (CC ALL ADULT) Ch9 27April[WIP]

This is the place where fics that have not been updated in the past three months will be moved until the author asks a mod to move them back to an active board.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Rocky Romances in Roswell (CC ALL ADULT) Ch9 27April[WIP]

Post by madroswellfan »

Banner by lin4u

Title: Rocky Romances in Roswell

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Pairings: CC, (I planned this as being mostly Max and Liz, but it hasn't turned out that way!).

Rating: ADULT!

This is the second part of the "Three Letter Series". I STRONGLY suggest you read the first part, "Life and Love in London" first, as a lot has happened in LLL and this story continues from it.

Summary: After all the chaos of the gang's first year of Uni, they decide to have some fun elsewhere. I won't say much more than that as if you have read LLL you will know where I am taking this from :)

Catch up of LLL for those who do not wish to read:
Liz, Maria, Alex and Jesse were from England and Max, Isabel, Michael and Tess were from Roswell.
Liz was in a car crash when she was young and it resulted in brain damage and the loss of ability to walk.
The book changed as it sensed Liz and the Roswell gang went to go find Max's new destiny.
Tess killed Jesse and framed Liz. Max and Captain Valenti saved her.
Liz chose for Max NOT to heal her as if he did she would lose the powers her brain damage gave her and would therefore no longer be Max's destiny.
Isabel was dating Jesse but dumped his just before he died. She and Alex like each other but have decided not to get together for a while as Alex thinks Isabel needs time to grieve.
Maria is pregnant with Michael's baby and they are now together.

Author's note:
I never expected to be writing this second part, and there are many people I wish to thank for this.

Firstly my wonderful beta, Sternbetrachter. She has bounced so many ideas with me and come up with so many cute ideas that I've added along the way. Also, if I remember correctly, I believe she also made up this title for RRR. Thanks a million hunny.

Secondly to my non-roswell friends at school who have had to put up with me rabbiting on and on about this story. Special thanks to those who are now reading, (mostly because I forced them too.) :lol:

Thirdly to my sister, who also hated Roswell. She has read through a few of the chapters for LLL and I'm hoping she will do the same for RRR when I need it.

And finally to everyone who is reading this now and my reviewers. I believe strongly that if people hadn't kept reading LLL it would have ended a long time ago. You inspire me so much and it is an incredible feeling to be starting a second part. So thank you all SO much.

This story does contain some violence and I apologise again to Tess likers, that yes, Tess is a bad character in this story.

I'm going to apologise in advance now. We all know I'm not the most regular updater in the world, and in a months time I will be off to Uni :D So I'm not sure how much writing I will be able to fit in. But what I can say is that I WILL complete this story.

And finally I have some more exciting news. I will be doing another author chat! This will be at Roswell Heaven on the 13th of September. (Time TBA) I'd love to see some of you there :D

Well here goes! Enjoy!

Rocky Romances in Roswell

Prologue

“This is the last boarding call for flight 810 to Albuquerque, New Mexico”

“Michael I swear, if you make us miss our flight I will flail you to an inch of your life!!!” Isabel seethed as she ran through the airport towards the gate.

“It’s not my fault!” Michael growled out as he tried to put his wallet in his pocket whilst legging it past the shops. “SHE was moaning about getting a ruddy Mocha!!”

“I don’t give a damn!” Isabel yelled at him as she frantically tried to make her way through the crowds of people. “If it was so important you would have got it BEFORE going to checking out the CD’s!”

“Well I need SOMETHING to distract me on the plane or I’m gonna have her whining!” Michael complained as they finally caught sight of the gate.

“What was that?!” Maria demanded.

“Jesus!” Michael said as he saw Maria standing there glaring at him. “Why aren’t you on the plane?!” Michael asked her.

“Well someone had to stay with your carry on!” Maria told him darkly, hands on her hips. She would have preferred to have crossed her arms of course but… under current circumstances that position was difficult. “Where’s my Mocha?”

“Come on let’s get on the plane!” Michael said pointedly as he led Maria towards the gate.

“Where IS IT MICHAEL?!” she yelled at him.

“Maria, where’s Alex, Max and Liz?” Isabel asked impatiently.

“On board” Maria said quickly before looking at Michael and starting to hit his arm. “Where the hell is MY MOCHA?!?!”

“Boarding passes please” the flight attendant said curtly, clearly not happy at the delay.

Isabel quickly handed over her pass and her passport and quickly headed up the tunnel to the plane, trying to get away from “Mr and Miss moody”.

She sighed as she got onto the plane and was pointed to her seat. Not that she was needed to, as Alex had promptly stood up when he had seen her. His smile said it all. Quickly he got out of his seat and into the aisle. As soon as Isabel approached he said “You can have the window seat.”

Isabel looked at him. “Are you sure? You were here first and…”

“You were making sure Mr and Miss grumpy got on the plane, it’s totally understandable.” Alex gently took Isabel’s carry on bag and put it in the overhead compartment. “Go on” he said again, indicating towards the seat with a smile.

Isabel gave a shy smile back before sitting down in the seat. “Thanks” she murmured as Alex sat next to her.

“Any time” he replied. He smiled as he looked at her. “Let me guess…he didn’t get the mocha?”

“Wow Alex, I didn’t know you were psychic!” Isabel joked. Alex laughed and rolled his eyes.

“You know, at six pregnant, I can’t believe how big Maria is” Alex commented as Maria and Michael stepped on the plane.

“Hmm….” Isabel muttered, wondering exactly how much of that was due to the father being an alien.

“Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to flight 810 to Albuquerque, New Mexico,” a flight attendant said on the overhead system.

“Now that our last three passengers have arrived…”
There was an impromptu round of applause from the other, not happy passengers.

“… we shall be getting on our way.”

Several flight attendants started to position themselves through out the plane so they can do the usual safety procedures.

“Looking forward to going home?” Alex asked Isabel, his usual smile attached to his face.

Isabel bit her lip. “Yes and no… I’m a bit worried what our parents will say. They didn’t really want us going to London in the first place, and for us to come back with you guys… I’m not sure how they will take that.”

Alex gently took her hand in a friendly manner and said, “I’m sure your parents will just be happy that they can see you.”

“Maybe…” Isabel murmured, her mind not really thinking about her parents now that he was holding her hand.

As the attendants told them to put on their seatbelts, Alex took away his hand to do his up and didn’t put it back. He wanted to… but part of him wasn’t sure she would want him to. They were still officially “just-friends” after all.

Isabel looked out of the window, trying to hide her disappointment.

Maria was sulking. Getting to their seats she had quickly got in the aisle seat, refusing to talk to Michael. He hadn’t got her mocha, and he had had plenty of time to get it. She looked out of the window angrily. Why did she put up with Michael Guerin?! Ok maybe she was being harsh…she did love the guy… but…. ARRRRRRRGH!

She heard Michael in the seat next to her making an opening paper kind of noise. She looked round at him curiously to see him opening a brand new CD. She glared at him until he noticed her staring. He swallowed hard, with a look that said he was a deer caught in headlights.

“Michael when did you buy that?” Maria demanded, her tone of voice sounding deadly.

“Uh…”

“Michael…” she said warningly.

“I…um…er…”

Maria let out a furious noise and turned around in her seat. Michael sighed knowing he was in for it now. “Maria I…”

“Save it Guerin!” Maria growled at him. “Don’t talk to me!”

Michael sighed again before getting out his player and putting his new CD in it with a click. Immediately Maria looked round at him, and he mentally groaned.

“What do you think your doing?” she demanded.

“I was going to listen to my CD…”

“You were going to listen to your CD rather than talk to your pregnant girlfriend?!

Michael looked at her aghast. What on EARTH? “You just said…”

Maria glowered at him again. Michael knew better to argue with the pregnant later and quickly put his CD player away. “Ok… what shall we talk about?”

“I don’t want to talk to you.”

And with that she turned around in her seat again. Michael looked round and saw Max and Liz a few seats back. Liz was giggling. Michael held his hands up in exasperation which only made Liz giggle harder. Even Max started to chuckle.

‘Wanna switch?’ Michael mouthed to Liz.

Max immediately put his arm round Liz and she smiled up at him. Michael growled softly to himself and looked forward again. He crossed his arms, and sulked.

“Well they’re getting on well” Max muttered. Liz giggled again and put a finger to his lips. “Naughty” she told him through his giggles.

Max smiled at her and kisses her finger tip. Liz blushed and slowly removed her hand. Max quickly used his free hand to take it again and kissed all her other finger tips in turn.

“Max” she whispered at him, blushing furiously.

“Hm?” Max muttered as he laced his fingers with hers and then leaned in to kiss her neck.

Liz let out a little gasp of pleasure and surprised before quickly pushing him away. “Nuh uh…not here” she told him. Max pouted. “Liz…” he whined. “How can I sit next to you for almost an entire day and keep my hands off you?”

“You’ll just have to try, won’t you” she said teasingly before sticking her tongue out at him.

“Don’t you poke that thing at me, or I’ll find a better use for it” he warned. Liz gave him a light shove. “Max, I can’t believe you!” she said giggling. Max gave her a little lopsided grin before capturing her lips in a quick kiss.

“Watch it Mr, or I’ll switch with Isabel…”

“I’ll be good!” Max said immediately and then smiled. “Besides…you’d never get Isabel to switch. She wants her Alex time” he said wiggling his eyebrows at her.

Liz laughed. “True… ergh I wish they would get together already. Everyone knows they like each other… I understood why Alex pushed her away after… after Jesse but… it’s been a while and they are both so right for each other,” Liz replied with a little sigh.

“I tried to get Isabel to tell him how she feels again but she says she put her heart on the line last time and if he pushed her away again she couldn’t take it” Max said with a frown.

Liz sighed. “Alex is still too worried about playing the good guy…” She stared at the back of Alex’s head for a moment before she felt Max kiss her neck again. Liz quickly turned and swatted him away. “I told you not to do that!” she joked.

“Well I was getting jealous that you were paying more attention to Alex,” he said with a little wink.

“I’m warning you I’ll switch with Maria” she told him.

“No!” Max yelped. “I’ll be good!” he said desperately.

Liz laughed and pecked his cheek. “Good boy” she told him before resting her head on his shoulder.

Max smiled at her but she didn’t see because her eyes were closed.

“I wish you were staying with us Max” Liz murmured.

Max sighed. “I know… I do to. But my parents are insisting Isabel I stay at home. But I will be seeing you every single day. I promise” he told her quietly.

“You better” she muttered and Max gave a little chuckle.

They sat there in a comfortable silence for a moment before they felt the plane going down the runway.

Liz looked out of the window nervously. Max stroked her hand. “I’m right here Liz…there’s nothing to be frightened of.

But Liz was more curious than scared. The next moment the plane lifted off the ground and Liz smiled in delight at the rush as they took off. She looked over at Max, and he beamed at her before saying.

“Roswell here we come”

The blonde stood in the middle of the room staring at the wall, waiting her signal. Today was the day. Finally after months… help had arrived. She waited, not moving a muscle, trying to be patient, but secretly infuriated that the whole process was taking so long.

Then finally her cue arrived. Tess immediately lifted her hand and blasted the prison wall, immediately shattering the bricks into dust and debris.

Tess smiled as she saw her one re-enforcement standing before her. Tess strode towards them, her face neutral.

She stood directly in front of them for a moment before stating, “Good work… Where are they?”

“Heading for New Mexico.”

Tess broke out in to a sly smile. “Perfect.”
Last edited by madroswellfan on Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:03 pm, edited 19 times in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Well it’s good to be back!
As usual thanks to my brilliant reviewers!
RhondaAnn – Why thank you!
Stargazer’sDelight – Well I think there maybe one more present in this chapter… but I beg again…please don’t mame me! I like the working limbs I have!!!
KarenEvans - :O Are you not feeling well my dear?! You liked a dreamer moment?! Ok… who are you and what have you done with Karen! :P Seriously, thanks for what I take as a MAJOR compliment from you!
Sternbetracter – Aww…maybe Tess has learnt her lesson? … Maybe not!
Tequathisy – Stargazers out there…hang on to your hats…and maybe if you wish upon a star…
Meh, I’ll think about it :P
Dreamer_Dreaming – *Is so glad people found it funny!* I was sooo worried that people would find it not funny and I would be one of those people who tries to be funny but REALLY aren’t!
Ellie – Lol… well I think he was a little underpressure! :lol:
Katydid – Thankies!
LairaBehr4 – :lol: LOL! Wow! I’d ask if I can join in but I have a cold! :(
Nibbles2 – That’s if she finds out… uh… again, maybe not
Roswell3053 – A warning? Hmm
LairaBehr4 – Lol! 6 Days later and your begging for more! Wow!
L-J-L 76 – Thankies and here I am!
Aussietrueblue – Thank you!
Timelord31 – Let’s see!!!

Just for those who didn’t see my Authors Note, I’m planning on updating this fic every fortnight, as I’m not sure how possible it will be to update at university! So bear with me!

Okay I’m not 100% happy with this chapter and I’m anxious to know what you guys think. I haven’t written the next chapter yet so I’m hoping any reviews will inspire me!

As per usual, many thanks to my star beta Sternbetrachter!

So here goes!

Edited to add:
Forgot to remind you all that my author chat on this story is on September 15th at 5pm EST (10PM UK Time)

I'd love to see you guys there!

Chapter 1

A storm was brewing over flight 768 to Albuquerque, New Mexico. It was making the flight hit bad turbulence, but the blonde in seat 13B didn’t care. She was too busy thinking about her next move. Her companion sat silently, looking out of the window.

A smile crept up on to Tess’s lips as she thought of what was to happen next. She had had plenty of time to think it through when she was incarcerated. And now she was free… she had no intention of letting Liz Parker get away with her man.

No, Tess had made plans from the beginning of her life for Max Evans, and she would see them through to the end.

It had taken her a long time to arrange a flight for her and her sidekick. She had spent hours hunting for the book… but to no avail. The book was gone.

She hadn’t worried though as she ‘knew’ where the translation was. Not that it would do her any good now, as the translation had been left, sandwiched between her sheets of paper filled with the French words she ‘should’ know, but still did not. And since she had been chucked out of the university… all of her documents had been taken from her room… and destroyed.

She cursed her bad luck again. She had thought hiding the translation in plain sight had been a good idea…

No such luck. And now both the translation and the book were gone. Of course… the others could have found both items, but she had been sure that no one would look through Tess’s French files, and certainly no human would have been able to find the book that she had embedded in the wall with her powers. She had checked every wall in the apartment, deciding she must have put it in a different spot… but it was no longer there.

Which had to mean, the aliens found it. How, she had no idea. But she knew she had to get it back. And at least this time it would be easier to decode. The computers had been wiped clean of how to read the language, but she was sure Alex Whitman’s brain would know how to get translate the book quicker...

Tess turned to her partner in crime and whispered in their ear her plan. Her cohort’s eyes widened.

“I said I’d help ya get out…”

“And now you’re going to help me get even. You would do the same in my position.”

Her cohort said nothing, and went to staring out of the window. Tess smirked. Her little sidekick would do anything she pleased.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re sorry about the turbulence, but we should arrive in Albuquerque on time. Please remain in your seats”

Yes… Tess Harding had a plan for little Liz Parker… and very soon Liz’s world would never be the same again.

“Good luck”

Max gave a little grunt in reply as he rang the bell and waited. “Remind me why we have to stay here…Mom!” Isabel said quickly changing her tune as Diane Evans opened there front door.

“Isabel, Max, its sooo good to see you, I’ve missed you two so much!” Quickly she pulled her two children into a hug. Over her shoulder, Isabel pulled a little face at Max. Max had to try not to laugh as Diane let them go and smiled. “Come on inside, you make the place look untidy!”

And with that Diane ushered her two children inside. As soon as they were in through the door they saw, to their horror, that Diane had spruced the place up… paying homage to her daughter and son.

The place was littered with photos of them, awards, certificates, and even pictures they drew as kids… including one that showed them drawing a symbol in the sand.

“Uh…wow Mom…” Isabel said, not knowing what else to say. Meanwhile Max pretended to be looking at the photos while snatching the picture of the symbol and stuffing it under his shirt.

“Do you like it?” Diane said chirpily.

Max rolled his eyes before plastering a fake smile on his face and turning to her. “It’s great Mom”

Diane beamed at her children before announcing. “Oh! I made a special cake…I’ll just get it out of the oven… I call it Strawberry, Banana and Anchovy surprise,” and with that she was in the kitchen, calling out something to her children which they pretended they couldn’t hear.

“Max, please, can’t we stay with the others? That apartment has plenty of room…”

Max sighed. “You know we can’t, they’d kill us. You know how excited they are…”

“THAT much is obvious!” Isabel said deliberately.

“Here we are!” Diane said as she put the ‘special’ cake on the dining table. “Come on kids; let’s eat it whilst it’s hot!”

Isabel shot Max a look before saying, “Mom, shouldn’t we wait for Dad? Plus we’d like to unpack…”

“Don’t be silly Isabel!” Diane called out as she started serving the cake. “I want to know what you two think of my masterpiece right now!”

“I’m not really hungry…”

“Maxwell Evans, what on Earth happened to you in that horrible little country? Don’t be silly, you love my cooking, you always have room for it!”

Max gave Isabel a defeated look before heading into the kitchen. Diane immediately smiled at them as they took seats opposite her.

“Ok, tell me honestly what you think?” Diane told them as she pushed the small plates towards them.

Max swallowed nervously as he slowly took a forkful of the cake and put it nervously in his mouth.

Needless to say, it was vile.

“Mmm” Max murmured as he tried to keep his face straight. He swallowed painfully. “It’s lovely” he said with a very fake smile

“Isabel?”

Isabel had taken a mouthful and was now coughing, trying to keep it down.

“Isabel are you alright?” Diane asked worriedly.

Isabel gave a fake smile and finally said, “Fine Mom…I just… have a cold”

Diane gave a frown. “Oh you poor dear…” She smiled suddenly. “I have something that will cheer you up though!”

Max and Isabel exchanged worried looks. “Oh?” Max said nervously. Diane beamed as she stood up and indicated for them to follow to her. Apprehensively, Max and Isabel followed her outside and walked down the street, walking just behind her as if they were on leashes.

Suddenly Diane stopped and her two adopted children almost went into the back of her.

“Surprise!”

Max looked around confused. They were in the middle of the street, outside someone’s house with a couple of cars outside it.

“Er…mom? What are we looking at?”

“They’re yours!”

Isabel looked around confused. “What are?”

Diane smiled as she indicated towards the two cars. They were Chevelle’s, one silver and the other, black.

Max was struck for words. Isabel gaped for a moment before letting out a scream of delight. She gave her Mom a quick squeeze hug before heading towards the silver car.

“You can obviously decide who gets which…”

“Dibs silver!” Isabel called out as she jumped in the driver’s seat. “Oh my God Max! How brilliant is this?!”

Max was still standing there motionless.

“Max? You do like it don’t you? I can go get something else…”

“No… I… I love it Mom”

He leaned in and gave her peck on the cheek.

“Can we go and show them to Michael?” Isabel called out loudly.

Diane stopped for a moment and then said, “Michael? Michael’s here?”

“Well yeah we all took a holiday together...”

“A holiday… right…” Diane said delicately, her lips pursing. “Isabel, you can show him later, right now, we’re going to have dinner as a family” Diane called out a little louder than necessary.

Isabel shot Max a little look before climbing out of the car. She gave Diane a small smile. “Okay Mom”

Diane grinned at her children before leading them back inside once more.

“I can’t believe this apartment Michael!” Liz called out as she checked out her room.

“I can,” Maria huffed as she sat down on the couch. Michael sighed and went to sit next to her. “Can I get you anything gorgeous…”

“How about you undo what you did Guerin?!” Maria growled at him.

“You know what, I think I’m gonna go out and check out Roswell… Liz, wanna come?”

Liz quickly wheeled herself out of her bedroom and towards Alex. “Definitely!”

Alex quickly grabbed Liz’s wheelchair handles and quickly escorted her from the room.

“God, what’s it gonna be like sharing an apartment with them for the whole holiday?!” Alex said as soon as they were out of ear shot. “It’s like living with two whiny children!”

“Well hopefully it will remain two for at least the duration of this holiday,” Liz commented, before saying, “Now, what’s going on with you and Isabel?”

Alex groaned. “Oh god, I’ve gone from Mr and Miss Whiny Teenagers to the Spanish Inquisition!”

Liz swatted him gently as they walked down the street. “Come on Alex, this is me you’re talking to… so when are you going to ask her out?”

“Liz!” Alex groaned. “I invited you along for company not for you to nag. If I wanted nagging, I would be in Michael’s position!” he exclaimed as he continue pushing her down the street, not really sure where they were going.

“Alex, come on. We all know you like each other. Just ask her out, it’s not that hard!” Liz told him patiently.

Alex sighed. “It’s not that simple Liz…”

“Of course it is Alex. It’s been months since Jesse. Isabel is completely smitten with you. I know you’re trying to be the good guy, but all you’re doing is… well being the bad guy that keeps you two apart for no reason. You two are obviously so right for each other.”

“Liz, I…” Alex drifted off as he spotted a bench. He pushed Liz towards it and positioned her chair next to it before sitting down.

“Liz I... what?” Liz said with a little smile.

“Well… I don’t want to ruin our friendship” Alex explained as he began tapping on the arm of the bench. “And what happens if she turns me down?! I couldn’t live with myself if she did…”

“Stop!” Liz exclaimed, holding up her hand. She looked at him for a moment before saying, “Are you serious Alex? The girl is head over heels for you! She couldn’t possibly say no, Alex!”

Alex gave an incoherent mumble. Liz sighed. “Alex, stop doubting yourself. If you two can’t work things out, then… well then I’m going to have to lock you in somewhere together until you do!”

Alex rolled his eyes at her and then gave a small smile. He gently ruffled her hair playful. “You and your silly threats” he said sticking his tongue out at her. She giggled and whacked him again playfully.

“So, what’s going on with you and moondoggie?”

Liz muttered, “I wish you two would stop calling him that, I mean, aren’t I the one who is meant to give him a pet name?”

Alex ignored her. “You didn’t answer my question” he challenged with a smile.

Liz blushed and looked away. “They’re going well…we have fun…”

Alex laughed. “I see… so how much fun?”

Liz gave him a mock outraged look and Alex sniggered. “Must be VERY fun to get that look…”

Liz quickly started to mess up his hair. Soon the pair were cracking up with laughter, just as all friends should.

“MICHAEL!!!!”

“Coming!” Michael yelled as he jumped off the bed. He knew well that if he didn’t come instantly things would only get on worse on his part. He rushed into the living room and was met by the glowering, hurricane DeLuca.

“I’m thirsty!” she said darkly.

“Ok…what would you like?” Michael asked nicely, giving a small smile.

“Anything wet” she pronounced as she went back to watching the T.V. Michael tried not to laugh and went over to the kitchen. He took out a can of coke and opened it. Just as he was heading back over to her Maria yelled out

“Water, I want water”

Michael sighed as he went back to the kitchen and got her a glass of water. On a whim, he went to the fridge and took out an empty ice tray. Quickly he filled it with water, and then used his powers to freeze them. Popping a few into her glass, he put the rest back in the fridge and smiled at his genius. He knew how the weather over here was WAY hotter than England.

He walked back to Maria and handed it to her. He took a swig of the coke and was heading back towards the room when he heard a snivelling noise behind him. He raised an eyebrow and turned back around to see Maria crying. Completely baffled, Michael scratched his eyebrow and asked, “Maria? Are you ok?”

She looked up at him through bleary eyes and murmured, “You got me ice.”

Michael looked at her awkwardly, “What your allergic or something?” he asked mystified.

Maria rolled her eyes. “You…you’re being nice to me…”

She gave a watery smile before trying to sit up on the couch. She then patted the seat beside her expectantly. Michael swallowed before slowly going to sit down next to her, worried that this was some sort of game she was playing and she was about to attack him or something.

Maria smiled at him before resting her head on his shoulder. “Hmm…I love you Michael…”

Michael wore a funny look as she nuzzled him, wondering if she had gone and had taken something.

Maria stopped and smiled at him. “You know, I’ve been thinking…this pregnancy could be a lot worse.”

Michael somehow didn’t think it could, but he pretended to smile and said, “What makes you say that?”

“Well I haven’t had any mood swings yet!”

Max and Isabel were trying to eat his mother’s cobbler, while their father, Philip, kept making rude remarks about England.

“You couldn’t fit all of England in this room!” Philip joked before roaring about with laughter. Isabel gave a polite titter, Diane was fuming that Philip even mentioned “that horrible place”, whilst Max stared into his cobbler wishing he could be anywhere else right now.

…Okay then, anywhere that Liz was.

“More cobbler Max?” Diane asked.

“Hm?” Max said looking up. “Oh…no tha…”

Max immediately saw his mother’s look and then said, “Yes, please, if I may.”

Diane gave him a smile and served him another helping, remarking, “God knows what you ate in that place….”

At that moment the doorbell rang. Philip sighed impatiently and headed to the door.

“Oh, Isabel! I bumped into Pam Troy the other day, she asked after you.”

Isabel gave a VERY forced smile and replied, “Oh? What did she…”

“Max? Isabel?”

Max and Isabel looked up as they’re father bellowed there names. He marched into the room. “It’s someone for you two… don’t recognise him.” The next moment, Philip was sitting back at the table, eating.

Max raised an eyebrow at his sister. The only person who knew where they were was the others. And even then, only Michael knew where the house was. The pair stood up and headed to the door.

Sure enough a male with sandy brown hair stood at the door.

“Can I help you?” Max asked.

The male looked very uncomfortable; as though he didn’t really know why he was here.

“Uh…Max and Isabel Evans?” he said nervously.

Max gave a quick look to Isabel before saying, “Yeah, that’s us…”

“Um…my dad, James sent me”

Isabel raised an eyebrow, practically mirroring Max’s expression.

“James? We don’t know a James, sorry…” she was about to shut the door when the male suddenly said

“James Valenti.”

Max suddenly stopped the door with his foot. Isabel looked at Max for a moment before suddenly realising where she had heard that name before. She snapped her head back towards the male.

“As in Captain James Valenti?” she asked, a slight quaver in her voice.

The guy nodded. “Can I come in?”

Max looked round behind him, towards the dining room. He then said, “Actually we’ll come out there.”

He gently touched Isabel’s back, indicating for her to step outside. She bit her lip before slowly walking outside. Max followed her before shutting the door quietly. He swallowed before looking back round at the male.

“So… um…” Max started.

The male shifted on his feet looking at the ground. He looked like he would rather be anywhere rather than here. As though he was forcing himself, he looked up and said,

“I was told by my dad to find you and tell you something.”

Isabel looked at Max and reached for his hand nervously, somehow knowing that this couldn’t possibly be good news. Max took her hand and gave it a brotherly squeeze. He looked back at the male evenly and said calmly, “Yes?”

“He said to tell you that a “Tess Harding” has escaped.”
Last edited by madroswellfan on Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Firstly can I say a huge thank you to the Roswell Heaven people. The chat was great and it was wonderful to see readers there! Hope those of you who came enjoyed it cos I definitely did :)

Huge thanks to my reviewers:
Sternbetrachter – Tess wanting Max as a sex slave… well who wouldn’t? :D
Stargazer’s Delight – Well you can get more info on Kyle in this chapter ;)
KarenEvans – A hot country? England? Uh… yes… don’t worry the people with the med’s are on there way hun ;)
RhondaAnn – Diane, a maniac? Ok so first you all bash Tess and now Diane? I mean I thought the cake sounded delicious!... *cough*
Roswell3053 – But the question is…what will they do with the heads up…find out now ;)
Tequathisy - …What mood swings? :lol:
Empress_luci – You’ll have to wait and see on the baby front ;)
Timelord31 – Find out now! :D
Dreamer_Dreaming – Tell maniac Diane her foods bad…. Oops did I say that outloud?
LairaBehr4 - *Sighs* We can dream right ;)
Roswell3053 - :lol: I will say this one more time… I update this fortnightly now :lol:
LairaBehr4 – Wow… did someone impersonate you at the chat? :O
Maya – Thankies!
IzzyEvans2201_PuertoRico – Wow, its always lovely to have new readers :D Thanks!
Rie482 - :lol: Don’t strain your eyes dear! Thanks!
Dreamerfrvrp3 – Hey there. Well…TECHNICALLY it is Sunday for me…its 1:50 am. Sooo…. I guess TECHNICALLY I can post this now… but just this once ;) Im shattered! :lol:

Big thanks to my wonderful beta sternbetracter who kicked my arse this week so I got this out on time ;)

Another thank you to the Roswell Heaven board for putting Life and Love in London as one of their fics of the week :D

I’m off to university next week! *Does happy dance* I’ll try and write the next chapter asap so it will come out as usual in two weeks so I have time to settle in.

I hope this part lives up to a few people’s expectations… ;) Enjoy!

Chapter 2

Kyle Valenti was one of those people who simply hated traditions. Unfortunitely for Kyle… his family did not share this feeling. In fact, the Valenti family seemed to revolve around them. There was the family tradition where on Christmas day it was expected for the entire family to go and visit the oldest member of the family. Kyle hated that tradition because currently, the eldest member of the family was his grandfather… and he was in a home and didn’t really have a clue who Kyle was anymore.

Then there was the tradition that the Valenti family had as many children as it took to get one male child. After that, it didn’t matter. The girls were treated fairly… but they really wanted a male to continue the family name… and of course for family tradition number three and four. Kyle always wanted a sibling, as he hated having to always talk to his father alone.

Valenti tradition number three was that Valenti men ALWAYS went to Cambridge…. Well discounting Kyle’s cousin… who was now known as the black sheep of the family since he didn’t get in. Kyle thought Cambridge was far too posh for the likes of him.

And finally, and in Kyle’s eyes, the worst Valenti tradition… Every Valenti man went on to be a policeman. Even when they’d been to Cambridge. Kyle NEVER wanted to be a policeman. The simply idea of it repulsed him.

But Kyle had found a loop hole. Okay, he knew he would never get away with not being a copper… but he did manage to delay the whole process. Kyle Valenti was on his gap year in Roswell. How he had managed to convince his father, he never knew. But he guessed that his father wouldn’t let him forget that he had let him go.

So when he had received the call at work saying, “Hey Kyle, its Dad,” Kyle’s blood run cold. Did this mean his dad had finally realised that he hadn’t actually applied for Cambridge at all? But when his Dad has ‘asked’ him to come and see Max and Isabel Evans, he had felt very relieved to say the least. And so, he hadn’t even bothered arguing with him.

But now he was standing here with Max and Isabel staring at him, he couldn’t help but wonder why he hadn’t asked his dad for more information. Who was this Tess Harding? And why was it so important he told the Evans’ all about it?

“When?” Isabel choked out. Kyle looked between the Evans’. Isabel looked like she was about to hurl. She was as white as snow. Max on the other hand looked… as if he was somewhere else. He stood there looking at Kyle, but almost as if his mind wasn’t thinking about the world around him.

“My dad called me two days ago and I’ve been trying to track you down since,” Kyle said carefully.

Silence. Kyle looked at them hoping one of them would say something.

Isabel turned to Max, “I thought you said that a… that a girl like Tess couldn’t get out.”

“Uh…” Kyle interrupted, making Isabel turn towards him once more. “My dad said that someone came from the outside, taking out cameras as they went and broke out Tess.”

Isabel’s head snapped back to Max. She was now starting to panic. Why wasn’t Max reacting right now? Did that mean Tess was here mindwarping him right now???

“I’m here Isabel” Max said slowly before looking at her. Isabel raised an eyebrow, wondering if Tess could make him say that. “We’ll sort this out Is… I promise.”

Max looked back at a very confused Kyle. “Thanks for the warning Kyle…did your Dad say anything else?”

Kyle nodded and handed him two pieces of paper. “My dad said to give you his number… and to give you my card… I work at the Crashdown and live in the apartment above so you can usually find me there if there is anything I can do.”

Max nodded and gave a very faint smile. “Thanks.”

Kyle gave a little nod before walking away. As soon as Kyle was out of earshot, Isabel turned worriedly to her brother.

“Oh my God Max… what are we going to do?! We need to tell the others… keep an eye on them… warn Liz…”

Max suddenly shook his head. “Isabel we can’t tell her.”

Isabel’s eyes widened. “What? Max what are you talking about?! Of course we have to tell her!”

Max shook his head again. “Isabel no. Liz is still shaken by the last time… I can’t tell her. We’ll just… one of us should be with her at all times.”

Isabel looked at her brother, appalled. “Max, think about this. Imagine when Liz finds out you didn’t tell her! She’s going to be devastated!”

“No.” Max stated again.

Isabel held up her hands in annoyance. “Well lets just see what Michael says about this Maxwell Evans!”

Isabel walked swiftly back inside and into the dining room.

“Isabel, there you are, you’ve been here what, five minutes and already people we don’t know are calling for you?” Diane said with a very forced smile. “Come on dear lets finish eating as a family okay? And then we can play monopoly…”

Isabel interrupted quickly, “I’m sorry Mom but Max and I have to go… we have to see Michael.”

“Isabel…” Philip said warningly.

“Dad really, Max and I need to go see him, its urgent.”

“Isabel Evans, you are sitting down with us and then we are going to play a nice family board game…”

“We’ll be back late” Isabel said with a small smile. “Don’t wait up.”

“Isabel!!!”

Isabel quickly tore through the house and walked straight outside. Max had been sitting on the doorstep. “Come on before they come after us…” Isabel said quickly as she walked towards her silver Porsche.

“ISABEL!” Diane yelled from inside the house. Max quickly pulled a face and jumped into his black Porsche. Isabel had already floored it and was halfway down the street.

“MAXWELL EVANS!” Diane yelled again as she swung the front door open. Max quickly took Isabel’s lead and drove off towards Michael’s house.

Michael was in his room… reading a book about sport science.

Yes, that’s right… Michael Guerin was studying.

Studying! This was the level of TERROR his pregnant girlfriend had made him reach. If she wasn’t constantly yelling about getting a drink or being too hot, or being too cold, or being lonely, or being in pain or not being able to move…. Or one of the best ones yet… that she had a wedgie!

So now here he was… studying. That way when Maria came in… or more likely that she made Liz or Alex check as she couldn’t get up… she would be semi-satisfied with what she was doing. Of course she would then cry because Michael was going to be smarter than her… so either way he couldn’t really win.

Michael Guerin could not WAIT until the baby was born and he could have a sane girlfriend once more… and life would go back to normal…

A guy could dream right?

He could hear the TV on in the other room… on some “Judge Judy” program. Alex, Maria and Liz seemed to recognise it even though it was an American program… and if it kept Maria entertained and less moody he was all for it.

It was then the doorbell rang. He heard Alex stand up quickly. Obviously he was hoping it was Isabel… why those two weren’t together already was beyond him!

He heard a muffled version of their conversation as Max and Isabel came in and said they wanted to talk to him. Michael swallowed wondering what it was that he had done… it certainly sounded like they were in bad moods… and that did not bode well for him.

They didn’t bother knocking.

Moments later they were both in the room with the door shut. Michael sighed as he turned around to look at them. “Ok what did I do?” he asked.

“Oh no Michael…for ONCE this isn’t your problem.”

Michael rose an eyebrow. “Then what’s going on?”

Max was looking at the floor as Isabel moved nearer to Michael and murmured, “Tess escaped.”

“WHAT!!!” Michael roared.

“What’s going on in there?” Alex called out from the couch.

“Nothing Alex!” Max called out, still looking at the floor.

“Then tell Michael to be QUIET! I want to watch and hear this!!!” Maria yelled, louder than Michael did.

Max rolled his eyes as Isabel murmured, “Valenti’s son came by to see us… apparently some one helped her get out”

“What?!” Michael growled angrily. He moved towards the door, “Well let’s tell them then…”

Max quickly stuck his hand out. “No… none of them can know.”

Michael’s head jerked towards Max. “Tell me you’re kidding me.”
Isabel grumpily murmured, “That’s what I said” as she crossed her arms.

Max sighed before answering, “It would only freak Liz out… she can’t do anything to help herself… we’ll just have to stay with her at all times.”

Michael looked outraged. “What?! No way…. Max you can’t make this kind of decision for her!!”

Max looked at Michael angrily, “Think about it Michael. She didn’t sleep for months last time. She can’t do anything about Tess… she hasn’t got control of her powers yet… she only seems to use them when she’s emotional. So we’ll just have to handle it. I want to protect her Michael. But making her afraid of her own shadow won’t help.”

Michael and Isabel glared back at him for a moment, before Michael looked away. “Your grave… but there’s no way I’m letting Liz go anywhere on her own. If you’re not with her, I will be.”

And with that Michael pushed past Max’s arm and into the living room. He would rather take the moody girlfriend than Max right now.

Isabel raised an eyebrow and murmurs “And I thought I was pissed…”

Max gave a scathing look before leaving Michael’s room and heading towards Liz. He quickly pulled Liz into a sweet kiss. “Hey…”

She grinned back before pulling him into another kiss.

Maria looked round and glared at Michael, “Now why don’t you do that to me huh?!”

Michael sighed before moving over towards her but Maria just shoved him away. “Moments passed!” She grumbled.

Isabel slowly walked out of the room, a strange look on her face. Alex’s eyes of course immediately met hers. “Isabel? What’s wrong?”

Isabel swallowed. Max looked round at her warningly as Isabel replied, “Was….was Michael Studying?!?!”

Alex and Liz immediately started laughing. “Nice…thanks Is” Michael replied scathingly. He looked over at Max and Liz and said loudly, “Oi Moondoggie and Gidget! Get a room!!!”

Liz broke away from Max, blushing. Max smirked at Michael before saying, “Or you know…we could just get a car…”

Michael rolled his eyes and said, “Sure Maxwell and where are we gonna get money for a car?!”

Isabel immediately started hopping around excitedly. “We don’t need to… Mom and Dad gave us one!!!”

Alex, Maria and Liz looked at Isabel stunned. Michael’s jaw dropped. “What?! What kind!!!”

Isabel grinned. “Porsche… actually two. We got one each!!!”

“Two?!” Alex replied his eyes bulging.

Michael grinned and replied, “Then what are we waiting for!!! Let’s go!”

Michael bolted off the sofa, running for the door.

“OI!!!”

Michael sighed and looked back at Maria. “Yes dear?”

“Get back here and help me!!! You’re not leaving me!!!”

As Michael slowly walked back to Maria, everyone else quickly walked out of the apartment and dashed towards the cars.

“WHOA!” Alex exclaimed. “Niiicceee….”

Isabel grinned and grabbed Alex’s hand. “Come on…” she said pulling him towards the silver Porsche. Alex grinned as he got in the front seat, thrilled that Isabel Evans had held his hand.

Liz meanwhile wriggled her eyes at Max and Max had to try not to laugh. He gently picked her up and put her in the front seat. She smiled at him shyly. “Thanks.”

Max gently brushed one of her loose hairs back. “Always.”

Eventually Michael came out of the apartment, letting Maria hold his arm. Michael immediately steered them towards Max’s car.

Isabel called out, “Oh I see you choose them over us?!” she joked.

Michael immediately thought, ‘No, if something happened and Max was driving someone would have to protect Liz. Maria meanwhile yelled out, “Well we thought you and Alex would want alone time!!”

Liz immediately started giggling whilst Alex turned round to glare at Maria.

Isabel quickly decided that she wasn’t going to argue with DeLuca… mostly because she would love some alone time with him. She quickly pulled the car away and took off.

Alex stroked the car lovingly. “Nice… Your parents must really love you!”

Isabel grunted before going faster still. Alex took that as an ‘I don’t want to talk about them’ and decided to change the subject.

“You handle your machine really well.”

Isabel looked over at Alex quickly stunned by that flirty comment. Alex closed his eyes realising how that sounded and muttered “Oh God…” He swallowed before opening them again. “Sorry… I should really think before I speak…”

Isabel giggled at him, and Alex just wanted to disappear. She was laughing at him! Could this get any worse!

Isabel bit her lip before slowing down the car a lot and then looking at him, smiling gently. “Don’t be…. I liked it.”

Now it was Alex’s turn to look stunned. “What?” Alex said before he could stop himself.

He swallowed as Isabel looked where she was driving again blushing. Alex’s mind went into over drive. Was Liz right? Should he just bite the bullet and ask her out already? It seemed like she might like him… He noticed Isabel glance at him and couldn’t help but wonder… would she say yes if he did.

What if she didn’t though? Would it be awkward? Would she stop talking to him?
‘You mean like right now? This kind of awkward?’ his brain reasoned.

Alex stared out of the front of the car thinking.

Isabel meanwhile thought she had taken things too far and scared him off. She hated the silence and so said, “So what are you thinking about?”

“DoYouWannaGoOutSometime?”

Isabel looked over at him for a moment, not sure what he had said. “Huh? Say that again slower,” she said.

Alex swallowed. Oh God, Oh God… He took a deep breath before murmuring quietly, still looking ahead, “Would you like to go out sometime… with me?”

Isabel looked over at him. He had asked her out. He had done it. “…on a date maybe…” Alex continued since Isabel hadn’t responded. A smile creeped on to her face and she looked back to the road.

“I would love to Alex.”

Alex looked slowly towards Isabel with a grin. Did she say yes?!?!

Isabel looked over at him for a second and smiled. Alex felt like he could burst with happiness. Isabel looked back at the road, afraid that if she didn’t her heart would go even faster than it already was and that would not be good!

Alex sat back in his seat, grinning to himself. He was going on a date with Isabel Evans!!!

A woman walked over to her companion. “So what happened?”

“They stayed at 502 Roswell Avenue for about 20 minutes before driving away in two different directions. My guess would to be show off the cars.”

The woman nodded. “Then let’s wait there for them and give them a surprise.”
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

I’m back!
Huge thanks to all my reviewers:
LairaBehr4 – Lol!... Glad stargazers are happy…for now…
Stargazer’s Delight – I’m so thrilled that people found those jokes funny! I’m always nervous when I put in a joke!
KarenEvans - *Narrows eyes* Listen Missy… I gave you your stargazer happy… so don’t insult my boy Max alright… if no stargazer happiness people can blame Karen ;)
IzzyEvans2201_PuertoRico – Lol! Now would I really give that away! And who said I’ll kill Tess ;)
Sternebetrachter – Won’t anyone give Max a break! *Sighs*
Roswell3053 – Backfire? Like anything ever backfires in my fic…
Rie482 – Ooh danceness! Can I join in? *Dances with Rie*
Tequathisy – Wow…harsh words… Uh… having trouble trying to explain Michael’s actions here… but hold with me these next few chapters and you’ll see what Michael’s really thinking on the whole Maria situation.
Imnotlc – Find out who the “woman” is and who she was talking to and what they’re gonna do now! And it won’t be what you expected!
RhondaAnn – Oops on the manic/maniac front! My bad! And again with the Michael bashing… give the guy a chance… I promise you things aren’t what they seem ;)
Nibbles2 – Ok…*sighs* The reason Michael didn’t think about it…kinda my bad. But… it will kinda make more sense in a few chapters time now I’m going to have to add a bit to explain his thoughts!
L-J-L 76 – Thankies!

Okay…apologies now. I started university this week! And then I got a cold. So I decided instead of giving you a two week wait and one big chapter, I’m going to post what I got done now.
It doesn’t feature everyone in it… but I think it is a...interesting part of a chapter ;)
So here goes!

Chapter 3

502 Roswell Avenue

A woman and her companion entered and immediately started looking around. They weren’t quite sure what they were looking for.

“Michael sure is messy” the woman complained bitterly as she looked around. She went over to the couch and sat down. It was only then did she notice the book she had just sat on. She got up and looked at it.

“Oh God!”

“What’s wrong!” The companion inquired as he crossed the room over to her. The woman swallowed before showing him the book of baby names.

The companion stood there for a moment before exclaiming, “IF MICHAEL GUERIN HAS GOT MY DAUGHTER PREGNANT I’LL….”

“Philip!!!” Diane cried out, slapping her hand to her mouth.

“What?!?!” Philip barked at her. “What is it?!”

Diane slowly removed her hand from her mouth and murmured, “What if it’s not Michael’s?”

Philip stood there a moment his face turning beetroot red. “I WILL FUCKING GO TO ENGLAND AND CHOP THIS GUYS BALLS OFF MYSELF!!!!”

“Philip!!! Language!!!” Diane scolded.

Philip ignored his wife and started pacing angrily. “I can’t believe they would bring that stupid boy back here!!! He was never good enough to be friends with our children! Why couldn’t they just leave him there in that hell hole!”

Diane nodded. Michael Guerin had never been a favourite of the Evan’s parents. In fact they openly despised the boy. He was never allowed in their home. They had decided he was trouble ever since they met Hank. They believed a child was always a reflection of there parents. And therefore they decided Michael Guerin was trouble. And when he was emancipated and started working as a security guard, they knew they were right. They believed that wasn’t a ‘respectable job’.

“Good idea for those tracking devices in the car…they never suspected a thing,” Diane commented to try and get Philip to calm down.

“Well of course it was! And its let us know our daughter is PREGNANT!”

Diane sighed, knowing it was no use. Her husband was hot headed… and there was no way he was going to calm down any time soon.

At that moment the front door opened. Immediately Diane jumped off the couch to turn towards the door.

Isabel parked the car up outside the others accommodation, and turned off the engine. She looked over at Alex with a small smile. She wished she could just keep driving with Alex sitting beside her. But no… now they had to get back to reality.

“Hey… I had an idea…” Alex said slowly.

“Oh?” Isabel said raising an eyebrow. She bit her lip nervously, wondering if Alex was going to call off their date. She would seriously flip if that was the case. After all the waiting and all…

“What if we keep our… our date a secret?”

Isabel looked at Alex for a moment. Whatever she was expecting… it wasn’t that.

“I mean… it’s not that I’m ashamed or anything…”
Alex immediately widened his eyes. Alex Whitman shut the hell up!! Do you want her to go out with you?!
Alex quickly yammered out, “…I… I mean… I just want to keep you all to myself for a while.”

Isabel let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. She couldn’t help but smile at that, and a slight tinge of colour reached her cheeks.

“That sounds nice,” Isabel said with a smile. “So when do you wanna….”

Isabel trailed off as she saw something that made her blood run cold.

Two people were in the apartment.

She couldn’t see who from here… but she could see the shadows as they walked around inside.

Tess, Isabel thought as she jumped out of the Porsche and headed up the stairs. Alex looked round confused…until he saw the people inside. He quickly legged it out of the car… and went ahead of Isabel.

“Alex!!!” Isabel hissed grabbing Alex’s arm. “Let me go first!”

“Don’t be stupid! I’m the male I will…” Alex said as he made for the door.

Isabel’s mind went into overdrive. What if she blasted Alex to smithereens! She couldn’t let that happen!! Isabel quickly did the only thing she could think to do… She quickly used her powers to make Alex’s shoes stick to the floor.

“What the…”

Alex tried lifting his feet but couldn’t. “Isabel I can’t…” he whispered, before realising Isabel was going to turn the doorknob.

“Isabel no!” Alex said as loud as he dared with the people inside.

Isabel walked inside, her arm outstretched, ready to take on Tess and presumeably the other alien who broke Tess out…

But instead she met two angry pairs of adult eyes.

Isabel quickly slammed the door so that Alex didn’t see her parents, in fear of what they would do to an Englishman. “Mom! Dad! What are you doing?! How did you get in?! Why are you here?!”

Philip ignored her outcry and yelled at her. “ISABEL EVANS I AM ASHAMED OF YOU!”

“Huh?! What did I do?!” Isabel said looking between them.

Diane held up Maria’s baby book to Isabel. Oh God… how am I going to get out of this?! Isabel thought worriedly.

“It’s Michael’s isn’t it?” Diane said sharply.

The book? Isabel thought confused before replying, “No…”

Diane looked like she was about to faint and Philip looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

And this was the moment that Alex Whitman managed to get his feet out of his glued down shoes and ran into the apartment.
Last edited by madroswellfan on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Guess who’s back :D And with a longer chapter to finish off the last one :D
I think this will explain some questions! As per usual big thank you’s to my reviewers!

Sternbetracher – Come now…I’m sure the parents will play nice… *Cough*
KarenEvans -
KarenEvans wrote::lol: She glued his shoes to the floor :o
Her parents are real paranoid whack jobs :roll:
:lol: Loved your reaction!
Roswell3053 – Thankies and lets find out :D
RhondaAnn – Lol…lots of odd reactions to the parents…maybe this will explain more ;)
Somewhere87 – Welcome and thankies! Also, just so your aware, I update this fic fortnightly ;)
Imnotlc – LOL! Thanks :D My classes are going well so thankies :D
LairaBehr – Aww…. Give em a chance… you never know… they could be your best friend.. ;) (Sorry…been watching too much Dawson’s Creek!)
Stargazer’s Delight – Excuse me?! :O My “illusive replies”? :O I think my replies are very informative and helpful and answer all your questions… ;)
IzzyEvans2201¬_PuertoRico – Don’t play his funeral music yet ;)
Tequathisy –
tequathisy wrote:It's a good thing that Max and Isabel don't reflect their parents, what with the breaking and entering, extreme snobbery, total lack of compassion, and bugging their children's cars.
Lol! You guys crack me up!
Nibbles2 – Glad ya find it funny…here’s hoping you enjoy this bit as much :D
Dreamer_Dreaming – No Maria and Alex still don’t know yet…

Well…here’s chapter 4…
And I will just say that… I hope you enjoy this chapter…. This and the last chapter were added in the plot line for an interesting addition… and because things get interesting next chapter ;) (dun dun dun…)

Chapter 4

There was a cold silence at the dining table as the Evans’ started to eat. The table was full, and chairs had had to been borrowed from elsewhere in the house to accommodate there invited guests.

Three hours previously

Philip looked stunned at the boy who had just barged into Michael’s house. He certainly wasn’t Michael.

“YOU!” Philip roared as he stormed towards Alex, who had rooted to the spot due to fear now, rather than his shoes.

Isabel quickly stepped in front of Alex, panicking about the mad scene before her.

“YOU’RE THE ENGLISH SCUM WHO GOT MY DAUGHTER PREGNANT!” Philip accused trying to move Isabel out of the way.

“WHAT?” Isabel said loudly, realising the huge leaps and bounds her adopted parents had taken to reach this conclusion. Isabel stood firm, deciding she would do what ever was necessary to keep Alex safe and out of her Dad’s grasp.

Alex was completely bewildered. Alex looked round at Isabel, “You’re pregnant?!” Alex repeated, his eyebrows way too high on his face.

“Of course not!” Isabel snapped, looking at Philip. “Daddy calm down, I’m not pregnant!”

“Oh reaaallly?!” Diane chimed in as she crossed the room towards them. “So who is then? Your brother? Michael? I always knew he was a rotten egg but I didn’t know he had a vagina…”

“MOM!” Isabel cried out, shocked at her mother’s cruel out burst.

“GET OUT OF THE WAY ISABEL SO I CAN MAKE SURE THIS ENGLISH BASTARD CAN NEVER HAVE CHILDREN AGAIN!!!!” Philip roared, spitting in Isabel’s face with each word he yelled at her.

“DAD!”

Two minutes earlier
“So what do you think of my driving skills?” Max asked the car as they headed back towards the house.

Liz gently touched Max’s arm and replied quietly, “Very good baby... you sure know how to handle the stick…”

Max quickly looked over at his girlfriend who was biting her lip hard so she didn’t giggle.

“Hey you two, you know we’re here you know…hello?” Michael said loudly. “Please refrain from the sex talk until you’ve established complete privacy.”

“You can’t talk Mr-I-ask-for-sex-in-front-of-my-best-friends!” Maria quipped looking at him.

Michael swallowed and looked over at Liz, “So Liz what do you think of Roswell?”

“That’s right change the subject,” Maria muttered, “And hey, ask your best friend’s girlfriend rather than me…”

Michael bit his lip and looked out of the window as Max drove them up Roswell Avenue. He closed his eyes to try and ignore the things his heart and brain we’re telling him about Maria, but they were always there…nagging. But Michael pushed them far down inside himself. He would come to that later.

“What the….” Liz murmured quietly.

Max pulled up outside number 502, just behind Isabel’s car. “Why are Alex’s shoes on the front step?” Liz asked quietly.

Without a seconds thought Michael jumped out of the car and jogged over to them. He leant down and gave them a tug, but they wouldn’t budge.

“Huh?” Maria asked looking at Liz confused. “What’s going on?”

Max jumped out of the car and quickly put Liz in her wheelchair, but still keeping his eyes on Michael as he blocked the view of the shoes from Maria. Michael waved his hands over the shoes and picked them up, taking small parts of the step with them.

Michael looked over at Max. Max quickly murmured, “Stay here” to the girls before quickly crossing over to Michael and walking inside.

“GET OUT OF THE WAY ISABEL SO I CAN MAKE SURE THIS ENGLISH BASTARD CAN NEVER HAVE CHILDREN AGAIN!!!!” Philip roared, spitting in Isabel’s face with each word he yelled at her.

Max looked over at Philip and Diane in disgust. “DAD!”

The whole room looked over at Michael and Max. Philip’s face was turning the colour of beetroot.

“How could you let your sister get pregnant?!” Diane said, her hands in a ‘please explain’ kind of way.

“Pregnant? Isabel’s not pregnant…” Max said confused looking at Isabel. Alex and Isabel hadn’t gotten together had they?

“THEN EXPLAIN THE DAMN BABY BOOK!” Philip roared, still struggling to get to the frozen, bunny in headlights looking Alex.

“Screw that!” Maria muttered after a moment of watching the two men walk inside. She walked as determinedly as she could up towards the front steps.

“Maria no! Wait!” Liz called out, fearing that there were aliens inside that would harm her, and she had no powers to protect herself.

But Maria was stubborn and quickly banged open the door.

The room fell into silence. Diane and Philip’s eyes almost glazed over as they watched the heavily pregnant woman surveying the scene.

The room was so silent, they could hear Liz move her wheelchair back and forth on the pavement as she couldn’t get up the stairs.

But someone needed to take the plunge and say something.
And so Maria asked the question she was dying to know.

“Alex, why aren’t you wearing your shoes?”

The present
And so, it came to be that the Evans’ held an impromptu dinner for some… invited…but not expected guests. Not that Philip and Diane had apologised of course… far from it. Diane had simply told her son and daughter that if they wanted to keep their cars they would expect them and their… ‘friends’ over for dinner. Of course, Philip had not been too pleased with this…arrangement. But Diane had for once put her foot down. And so, here they were; sitting at the table, passing food in silence.

If looks could kill, at least half the occupants of the table would have been dead the moment they stepped into the Evans’ house. Diane was shooting evil looks Maria’s way, disproving of a girl who was unmarried being pregnant… and of course she was English. Philip was glaring at Alex, deciding that even though he had not made a move to hold Isabel’s hand or something along those lines… he was worth glaring at purely as he was English… and the looks Isabel kept giving him of worry showed she cared about the pathetic Englishman.

When Diane was not busy glowering at Maria, she made sure she was instead scowling at Liz. First, and most importantly, it was evident that she was something of an item with her son. Diane Evans had always thought that Max should date Tess Harding. From the moment she met her it was like… it was like she knew she HAD to like her. And for her son to show up minus Tess and with this girl… Diane was definitely not pleased, and was certainly unafraid to show it! Shockingly, Diane didn’t care that she was disabled or not… in fact she felt slightly, and only slightly bad for her.

But the winner of the most evil looks went to…Michael Guerin. Neither of the parents wanted him in their house… and now they had a new reason to dislike him… he’d knocked up a English girl, had not married her, and had dared to come back to Roswell with his knocked up girlfriend and her friends!

“So…” Philip said, clearing his throat as he took some food from the dishes. “Michael, do you not know how to use protection?”

Isabel immediately started coughing on her food, and swallowed painfully and gave her dad a frown. “Dad…”

“Ok, that was uncalled for…let me ask something else…” Philip said slowly before smiling, “Do you have no self control?”

“Dad stop it now” Max said warningly.

Philip glanced up at Max before eating once more… and glaring at Michael of course.

“So…what is it you study Liz?”

Liz gave Diane a polite smile, glad that Max’s mother was taking an interest. “Chemistry”

“Oh…so you and my son do have one thing in common then…”

It was this moment that Max snapped.

“Mom, Dad… we came here because you made us. But you know what…if you’re not going to be civil to my friends then I’m up for leaving. You can keep the damn car, and I will go sleep over with them.” Max said standing up angrily.

Isabel quickly took her cue to stand up too, but as she did so Diane quickly interrupted.

“Max…I’m sorry. We’ll…. We’ll try to behave better. It’s just a bit of a… shock.”

“Shock?” Isabel repeated raising her eyebrow. “Imagine my reaction when I found you at my friends’ apartment, going through their stuff.”

“Well if you weren’t going to spend your time with us, we needed to find out what was more important to you,” Diane explained.

Max looked evenly back at his mother and said, “But we never told you where we were going.”

Diane looked over towards her husband, and they exchanged significant looks.

“You followed us.” Max answered for her.

“Don’t be so stupid… we put tracking devices in your cars.”

“What?!?!” Isabel cried out. “That is an unbelievable invasion of privacy! I’m not driving that car again until you have them removed.”

“Whatever…” Philip said with a little wave of his hand. “They’ve served their purpose now anyway…”

“And that was?” Max asked calmly.

“To find out what it is you two are hiding.”

Liz looked at Michael, Isabel and then Max. Were their parents on to them? Or did they really only just mean they wanted to find out about their friends. Maria meanwhile was looking at Michael and Liz, watching their….interesting reactions. Alex surveyed the scene with a look of complete confusion.

“We want the devices gone Dad. No more following us. We live our own lives…we make our own destinies.”

“Oh yes…your destinies huh Max?! Your destinies which include moving over to England? You just decide out of the blue two weeks before going to university, and somehow manage to get in?” Diane said emotionally. She looked hurt…and angry. “You just left us Max. You just left your family. You were so excited for college… and then you just changed your mind! You all just left! We barely ever got phone calls… infact we had one from you if I remember correctly. At least Isabel cared enough to call every now and then. But you Max just didn’t give a damn.”

Philip looked at his wife, knowing she had been bottling things up for the last year, and it had made things very intense between the two of them. Maybe this would help them be able to get closer once more.

Diane stood up slowly. “You want to know why we make so many jokes about the English Max?”

Max looked back slowly at her, keeping as neutral a face as he could. He could see the solitary tear slip down his mother’s cheek, and he couldn’t help but feel guilty for not calling. But the fact was… he hadn’t known what to say.

“Because the English took you away from us.”

Diane looked at her adopted son for a moment before leaving the room. The sound of the stairs creaking followed soon after, which in turn was followed by the closing of a door upstairs.

Alex swallowed slowly looking at Maria and Liz. “Maybe we should go…”

“I think that would be wise.” Philip replied curtly, now staring at his son.

“Dad, why did you invite them if you we’re just going to be so rude to them?” Isabel asked quickly.

Philip slowly turned his head towards her and replied, “Because we really did want to meet your friends Isabel.”

He looked slowly towards Michael, Maria, Liz and Alex. “I apologise for being rude. But I think my family has some things to discuss.”

Alex stood up slowly and said, “Come on guys… lets go.”

Maria, who hadn’t said a word throughout tonight’s proceedings stood up and walked straight out of the house, without looking back at Michael. Michael noticed and sighed to himself before heading over to Liz and pushing her out the door. Alex raised an eyebrow at Michael and Maria’s strange behaviour before heading towards the door. But he stopped when Isabel said,

“Alex wait… you guys need the cars to get home….” She looks back at her Dad. “This has nothing to do with me anyway. So just tell me where you put the tracking device and we’ll all be out of your hair.”

Philip didn’t say anything for a moment as he looked at his daughter.

“Isabel I would like you to stay.”

Isabel glared back for a moment and replied stiffly, “They need a ride home dad, and you know perfectly well that it’s not me you want to talk to.”

Philip surveyed her for a few moments before saying,

“It’s under the hood.”

Isabel nodded quickly before grabbing Alex’s arm and walking outside with him. A second later the front door slammed behind them.

The two Evans’ males sat at the table for a long time, simply staring at each other. After a very long time, Philip slowly stood up and said quietly, “I’m going to look after my wife. You really hurt her Max… I hope you know how your decisions affect people.”

And with that Philip followed his wife upstairs, leaving Max sitting at the dining table, completely alone.

As the five trooped into the apartment, Liz quickly excused herself to go to her room. Maria in a stony silence went into her room. Michael bit his lip hard before following her inside and closing the door.

“Isabel, you can sleep in my room tonight…”

Isabel looked up at him slowly, wondering exactly what Alex was thinking.

“… and I would take the couch.” Alex finished.

Isabel gave a faint smile before taking Alex’s hand and leading him into his room. Alex was stunned to say the least. He couldn’t help but think that things were moving way too fast…

That was until Isabel turned to face him and he saw the silent tears that were running down her cheeks.

“Oh Is…don’t cry…” Alex said quietly as he gently wiped her tears away.

Isabel looked into Alex’s eyes, thinking that she couldn’t possibly have found a nicer guy.

“Can…can you just hold me tonight?” Isabel murmured, staring into his perfect eyes.

Alex nodded slowly as he led her over to the bed. Slowly they lay down, and Alex wrapped his arms loosely around her. Isabel quietly cried, and Alex gently whispered comforting words in her ear. Isabel’s tears began to slow as Alex gently stroked her hair.

“Thank you Alex…” Isabel murmured as she closed her eyes.

“Whenever you need me Isabel, I’m always here for you. Whatever it is, you can always tell me…you can always count on me…”

Alex looked at her and smiled when he saw that Isabel had fallen asleep. He gently put his head back on the pillow, and watched her sleep.
Last edited by madroswellfan on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Ok don’t panic. No there is not something wrong with your calendar…
It has been one week….and here I am!

Your reviews really inspire me SO much, in fact this week I did this in the 24 hours following posting the last chapter! So thanks again. I cant promise this every week. I was very nervous about writing this chapter, but your reviews sorted that out :D

Thanks to Sternbetracter for the load of beta-ing she did for me last weekend for this and the last chapter … you’re a star hun ;)

Now before I thank my reviewers as usual, almost all have discussed the topic of Michael and his…neglecting to tell Maria of his non human status. I have promised the issue would be addressed soon, so do not fret. Things will hopefully now begin to make more sense as this chapter progresses and you see more of the thoughts of some people ;)

Now I’ve done that…. Big thankies to my reviewers:
Sternbetrachter - *Sighs* I’ll admit… I was a stargazer before writing this fic but I’ve become rather addicted to it from the pressure of my beta and some of rpging chums, so I blame you guys (Particularly Sternbetrachter and KarenEvans) entirely for scene 2 ;)
Stargazer’s Delight – Now now… who said I meant… *Gasps* Oh look! A Bunny! *Gasps loudly!!!*
Xmag – Ah yes… one of many who called Liz a bad friend… Well the last few chapters have been setting the scene in Roswell…now lets see what she’s really thinking/doing
Tequathisy -
tequathisy wrote:They obviously do love their children but show it in a warped way. (have I hit on something there?)
Interesting theory… I do love theories…
Nibbles2 - *Sighs* More Michael bashing…. *tuts*…. And to think you guys liked him….(some of the time) in LLL
Rie482 – Wow… and anti-parents…everyone’s so anti-characters…
Somewhere87 - *Sighs louder* More Michael and parents bashing…can’t we all just get along ;)
LairaBehr4 -
LairaBehr4 wrote:That's kind of a messed-up way for the parents to look at it - I mean, they think that aaaaallllllll the English people ganged up together and thought, 'how can we get Max and Isabel far, far away from their parents?' Pshaw.
:lol::lol::lol:
RhondaAnn – And the award for the most Michael hating right now goes to… RhondaAnn *Hands bad looking trophy* Sorry… this story isn’t paying you know! And this chapter cost me 8 hours of my time! :O
Roswell3053 - *Starts singing* Thiiiiings…..can only get betttterrrrr… *Coughs*
Ashleyt – One can hope… and maybe if you wish on a star…
IzzyEvans2201_PuertoRico – Wow…one minute she’s talking about the R.I.P. of Alex, and now she wants AI babies… …….
There’s just no pleasing people :P
Imnotlc – Ok…with me…Breathe….breathe….
Tequathisy – Now there’s an idea…
KarenEvans – LOL! Wizard of Oz…. you are a strange one Karen! Lol!
Dreamer_Dreaming – Thankies!

Ooooh keep forgetting to say this…
Concerning the English bashing – Just to remind you all I am from England, and therefore its allll in good spirited, mad parenting fun! Please don’t take offence English people! We rock! *Dances*

Okay I’ve ranted for a whole page in word so…how about a chapter now eh?

Can’t wait to read some reviews on this chapter…. *Evil smile*

Chapter 5

6:30 am, 502 Roswell Avenue
Liz and Max had more things in common than Diane realised. A good example of this would be the way that Liz was staring at the ceiling, thinking. The row in the room next to hers had quietened down about midnight, shortly followed by a lot of groaning. Liz sighed as she thought of Michael. He had been avoiding her. Sure, in public with others there he was a total peach to her… but whenever she tried to get him on his own… he would find a way to get out of it.

Liz was also thinking about Isabel and Alex. Why didn’t they see that they were perfect for each other? They had the whole…star-crossed lovers’ thing going on.

You would have thought that Liz had enough thoughts as it was… but Liz was also thinking about Max. Was he ok? Deciding she couldn’t take thinking and worrying about everyone else at once, she picked up her mobile and quickly texted Max a message.

‘Hey sweetie, are u ok? Sorry if ur asleep… worried about u. Thinking of u always. Liz’

Liz sighed to herself as she pressed the send button. Slowly she manoeuvred herself out of bed and into her chair. Maybe a glass of warm milk would help her sleep some more. She was almost at the door when she heard her phone vibrate. That was quick… Liz couldn’t help think. She quickly opened her phone and read the message.

I’m fine…wishing I could be with u though. They want me to stay here today. They want a family talk, with Isabel too. See u this evening hopefully. Love u. Max. X (PS stop worrying about me)

Liz couldn’t help but smile. He knew her too well. She sighed as she turned off her phone and going into the living room…

…To see Michael sitting up straight, staring at a commercial. Clearly staring was a popular pass time.

“Trouble in paradise?” Liz asked, raising an eyebrow as she gave him a very discontented look.

Michael looked at her slowly. He clearly hadn’t slept. He watched Liz for a moment before staring back at the T.V.

Liz was not happy with this response and moved nearer towards him.

“Michael…”

“Liz don’t ok.” Michael quickly interrupted her, not looking at her. “Later…somewhere not here.”

“Michael that’s not good enough anymore. I’m sick of lying to her,” Liz replied firmly.

“Liz stop…”

“We need to talk Michael… you’re not getting out of this.”

“Later” Michael said louder than before, getting pissed off.

Liz looks at him and says, “Fine Michael… you are taking me out for lunch… and you’re paying and we are going to talk about this. Because otherwise I’m telling Maria the truth right now.”

Michael looked at her sharply. “You wouldn’t.”

Liz looked back at him coldly. “I would Michael. She deserves to know,” she said quietly in a determined voice.

Michael threw his hands back in the air and slumped back on the couch.

“Fine whatever!”

Liz gave a little nod and went into the kitchen to get her warm milk. She was going to make Michael tell Maria the truth today. Liz had tried to get Michael to tell her ever since she had found out that this baby might not be...normal. But so far nothing she had done had made Michael tell her. So today Maria was going to learn the truth… and she would do whatever she had to, to make sure that happened. Even if it meant she did it.

Isabel’s eyes drifted open, and for a moment she didn’t know where she was. It was only when she saw Alex’s arm, lying protectively over her stomach that she remembered. She smiled quietly to herself, thinking about how yesterday was a great day… and a terrible day all at once. Isabel slowly moved her head to see if Alex was awake. But his eyes were closed. She watched him sleep for a moment, looking as his chest raised and fell. She didn’t want to move from this position ever.

Isabel studied Alex’s face, wondering how she could ever have gone out with Jesse when she had had this… funny feeling that Alex was the one for her. And he was. She drew a mental picture of him, wanting to savour this moment forever. She looked at his somewhat messed up hair, to his beautiful lips. Those very kissable lips…

Isabel found herself slowly drift towards him, wanting to feel those lips once more. She closed the gap slowly, thinking about their first and only kiss…

…When Alex’s eyes opened.

Isabel moved back slightly in surprise. “Uh…hey…” she murmured softly, biting her lip in embarrassment.

Alex looked at her and gave her a sleepy smile. “Hey…”

Isabel smiled back for a moment before forcing herself to sit up. Alex’s arm quickly moved to let her, although the movement was also made with a wish that she would just stay there with him.

“I’m just gonna…check my messages…” Isabel said quietly as she reached for her phone by the bed.

Alex sighed to himself as he sat up too, rubbing his eyes to try and wake himself up. Isabel meanwhile flipped open her phone and rang her voicemail.

You have…one new messages.

As the message started to play, Alex couldn’t help but notice her body stiffen. He watched her closely as she blinked, and closed the phone. She swallowed hard, and Alex immediately thought that it was going to be something that was going to mean less time with her.

“My parents…they want a family discussion,” Isabel told him quietly.

Alex tried not to look disappointed as Isabel stood up from the bed. “I better go…”

“Wait,” Alex quickly told her as he got up from the bed and moved round in front of her.

He looked into her eyes for a quick moment before Alex leaned in and gently gave her a sweet, perfect kiss. Isabel kissed back, her feelings of disappointment towards her family disappearing instantly.

And then it was over. Alex pulled away slowly, and Isabel couldn’t help but beam at him. Alex’s stomach flipped at that beautiful smile.

“I’ll be here when you get back… and I’ll miss you.”

Isabel gave a small sigh of happiness before wrapping her arms around him, bringing him into a hug.

“I’ll miss you too Alex. Thank you…”

They hugged for a few minutes, not ever wanting to let go. But eventually Isabel pulled back and gave him another smile. “I’ll be back as soon as I can…bye.”

Alex nodded slowly before saying, “Bye…”
Isabel swallowed again before slowly leaving the room. As she got to the door she turned around and looked at Alex and beamed at him once more. Her eyes never left Alex’s wide grin as she closed the door behind her.

Alex sighed happily before throwing himself back on his bed, replaying the kiss over and over in his mind.

Max was lying down on the couch when he heard the knock on the door. He quickly stood up and opened it, happy that anyone was here so he felt less alone. As he opened it however, he partly wished that he was still alone.

Isabel had this…look. A look that said she was SOOO not happy about being here. But she also had this…warm glow about her.

“Hey…” Max said as he stood to one side to let her in.

Isabel didn’t reply as she walked straight past him and into the living room where she quickly put herself on the couch that Max had been laying on a minute before. Wordless, Max followed her and sat on a chair, looking at her… waiting for her to say something.

Isabel just looked back for several minutes before saying, “Are they up yet?”

Max swallowed painfully and murmured, “They haven’t come down yet… but they’re awake.”

“You’ve spoken to them then?” Isabel asked crossing her arms.

“Not exactly…” Max muttered, replaying in his mind the haunting crying he had heard from his mother throughout the night.

“Did you talk to them at all after I left?” Isabel asked, clearly already knowing the answer.

“Is…”

“Max, I can’t believe you didn’t call. No wonder she’s upset!” Isabel said as she pushed her hair back and ran her fingers through her hair, angrily. “No wonder she decorated the house with Max and Isabel memorabilia! You know how much her family means to her!”

Max looked down at the floor and murmured, “I know Is…”

“Then why did you do it Max?”

Max sat up and looked towards the door to see his adoptive mother standing there, with her husband just behind her.

Max swallowed again before saying evenly, “Mom…I could give you some bad explanation about how I was busy. I could try and use the excuse that I thought you would want a life now that you’d finally got rid of us. But the fact is… I don’t have an excuse.”

Diane looked at her son as she clasped Philips hand.

“I’m sorry Mom…”

Diane looked at her son before moving further into the room. “I need a proper explanation Max.”

“Mom I told you…”

“No Max. Not about that.” Philip stated for his wife.

Isabel and Max looked at each other for a moment before looking at them. “About what?”

“About why you left Roswell,” Philip stated, moving to just behind his wife once more.

Max looked over at Isabel, but this time Isabel was too busy watching her adopted parents.

“About why you changed your dreams of a good American college to go to an average one in the UK…” Philip continued. “About why you took Michael and Tess with you, changing their plans too…”

Isabel looked at the floor nervously, knowing that this was not going well at all. She just wanted to be back in Alex’s arms, being told it was all going to be ok…

“…about why you’ve been so secretive for years… and about why we can’t be let in on your secret.”

Max moved his head sharply back towards his parents at Philips words. “We’re not secretive.”

“Max…honey…” Diane said calmly, gesturing with her hands, “we understand that you want secrets…you have your own lives now… but we just want to know you… we want to know about you.”

“About us Mom….you do know us…” Isabel murmured

“No Isabel…we don’t know our children anymore. You left us and your dreams in Roswell and you never looked back.” Philip stated, hurt showing through in his voice.

“I called…”

“But you were never really there Isabel…you never opened up to us. We thought… we hoped that being away from us would...” A tear escaped from Diane’s cheeks as she spoke. “…that you would be open to us. That we would be able to be an actual family. That you would actually need us.”

Max stood silently and looked at his adopted parents. “Mom we do need you. And I’m sorry… I’m sorry if you ever thought that we didn’t. But we live our own lives now.” He looked over at his Dad. “We live grown up lives away from our parents’ shadows. But it doesn’t mean we don’t need you.”

Max took a deep breath before continuing, “But what we do need…is space. You can’t give us presents so you can attach tracking devices. You can’t investigate us.” Max looked back towards his mother, “You can’t expect us not to…to grow up.”

Isabel looked towards her brother, thinking that even if he made stupid decisions… he sure knew how to try and apologise and still get his own way.

“We can’t tell you everything that you want to know… and I hope that you can try and understand that.”

Diane sighed quietly before going towards her son and placing an arm on his shoulder. “Of course we can understand that…you’re our children…” She looked over towards Isabel and gave her a watery smile. “And if you say you can’t tell us… then I guess that’s something we’ll have to learn to…to accept.”

Max gave a small smile. “Thank you Mom… and I’m sorry, I should have called…”

But Max was cut off by his mother who quickly pulled him into a hug. Max looked over his mother’s shoulder to see Isabel. She glanced up at the ceiling in a look that clearly said Thank God… before looking back at Max and giving a faint smile. But it was still painfully obvious to Max that she wasn’t happy with him. And Max had a nagging feeling that the reason why she wasn’t happy was another secret that Max was keeping from a loved one.

Philip moved towards Isabel and sat beside her. He gave her a friendly smile as he put his arm around her. “How about a family game of monopoly?”

“Dibbs the hat!” Isabel quickly said with a slightly forced grin, wishing she was back in Alex’s arms.

“Dang…” Philip said with a laugh as he indicated for them all to head to the dining table. Diane slowly released her son, and Max gave a friendly smile to her before walking towards the table with Isabel.

If either of them had looked back, they would have seen the look that passed between Diane and Philip as they walked away.

When Maria came out of her room at around midday, it was her surprise to find it empty of all but Alex, who seemed to be engrossed with watching Jerry Springer, who was talking about, “My son would rather look for aliens than talk to his family!!!”

But once Alex saw Maria come towards him, he quickly moved down the couch and patted the seat beside him.

“I’m not that big you know…” Maria huffed as she moved slowly towards the couch and sat down beside him. She turned her attention to the screen as the woman on screen started crying saying,

“Jerry…my son, Milton… he’s been looking for aliens since he was six… and he’s now so consumed with finding them that…that… that I haven’t seen him in ten years!”

As the woman dissolved into noisy sobs on national television Alex couldn’t help but roll his eyes and look towards Maria. “So… you gonna tell me what the argument was about last night?”

Maria sighed and quickly went to grab the remote to change the channel. She switched over to a program about the mating habits of different species.

“Not gonna happen…”

Alex swiftly took the remote off her and turned the TV off.

“Hey! Pregnant woman here who can’t fight back…but she can get VERY angry!” Maria said, narrowing her eyes at Alex.

“I’ll take my chances,” Alex stated as he put the remote far away from Maria. “Come on… what’s going on with you and Michael. You two should be so happy…”

“Well maybe we would be if Michael opened up.” Maria said huffily, placing her hand gently on her stomach.

“What do you mean?” Alex asked raising an eyebrow at her. “I thought you knew that Michael isn’t the type to do that…”

“No this is something else.” Maria interrupted. “He’s keeping something from me. He’s avoiding me, and I… I…”

Maria dissolved into tears much like the woman had on screen a few minutes before. Alex sighed and put his arm protectively around her. “Maria…what is it…”

“At first….at first I thought it was because he just…isn’t attracted to me like this…” she said waving her hands towards her swelling stomach. “But…but its something else. And I’m…I’m sick of him not telling me what when it clearly has something to do with me!”

Maria leans into Alex’s shoulder and soon Alex’s shirt was very wet from her tears.

“I’m…I’m sorry…” Maria whimpered as she cried. “I just… I don’t think that I can… I can stay with him any longer Alex…”

“Oh Maria…” Alex murmured as he stroked her hair. “Please… please don’t rush to that conclusion… you guys can work it out…”

“No Alex… we can’t unless he tells me…” Maria interrupted. “He’s been like this for months now…”

“Maria… Michael is a good guy. I’m sure whatever it is… he will tell you…” Alex stood up. “I’m gonna go find him and have words….”

“No!” Maria said quickly, grabbing on to whatever she can of Alex, which turned out to be his trouser leg. “Alex don’t… I will… I’m going to talk to him tonight… and if he doesn’t tell me…” She swallowed painfully before saying, “If he doesn’t tell me then I’m going back to England. I can’t stay here Alex.”

“Then I’m coming with you.” Alex immediately told her, sitting down again.

“I can’t ask you do that…” Maria said shaking her head slowly.

“You’re not asking.”

Maria looked at him, tears still streaming down her face. Alex gave her a small smile before Maria launched herself at him, and pulled him into a big hug.

“Thank you Alex… I don’t know what I’d…d… do without you…” Maria said through her sobs.

Alex bit his lip as he murmured, “You’re not getting rid of me that easily DeLuca…where ever you go…. I go,” Alex told her before silently adding in his head, Even if that means having to leave Isabel…

Alex closed his eyes, praying a different solution would present its self.

“So why here?” Liz asked as Michael pushed her inside the Crashdown Café and towards an available table in the corner.

“Because there’s never many people here and if it hasn’t changed since I came here last it serves a great burger…”

“Michael!”

Michael looked up to see an old friend walking towards him. Michael smiled as his old workmate Monk came towards him. “Hey man! No long time no see!!” Monk said as he grinned and hit Michael on the back.

“Yeah…” Michael said, not really sure what to say.

“So what you been up to man?” Monk asked, still grinning. “How’s England?”

“Uh… England’s kinda dull… but I did meet the girl of my dreams so…”

“Whooaa…what? What happened to Michael, the guy who wasn’t interested in that romantic crap…” Monk said, looking stunned.

“He grew up and met the love of his life.”

It was this moment that Liz decided to cough and give Michael a stern look.

“Monk…this is Liz…”

“So you’re the un-lucky lady that’s with my man Michael huh…” Monk interrupted with a cheeky grin, holding out his hand to her.

“No, Liz is her best friend.”

Monk looked at him very confused. “Heh? How’s that work…”

Liz coughed again, louder this time.

“Look, Monk… I will give you a call sometime but I really need to talk to Liz right now ok….”

Monk shook his head sadly, “Man you really have changed…” Monk sighed before heading out the door of the Crash.

“The love of your life that you won’t even tell the truth to huh?” Liz stated crossing her arms, annoyed.

Michael sighed as he sat down and picked up the menu. “I think I’ll have…”

Liz snatched the menu away from him, really pissed off. “No more avoiding this Michael. Why the hell haven’t you told her yet?”

Michael sighed and looked at the table. “Liz… it’s hard…”

“Michael, it will be harder for her to…” Liz argued before being cut off by a loud…

“Hi there!”

Liz sighed as she looked up at the waiter. “Welcome to the crashdown, can I get you guys anything?”

“I’ll have fries please…” Liz stated, before giving his name tag a glance… “Kyle.”

Kyle smiled at her, “No problem…and for you?” he said looking at Michael, with a slight jealous look.

“Onion rings and Cherry Coke.” Michael said gruffly looking down once more.

“Coming right up!” Kyle said cheerfully as he moved away to put there order in. But he still glanced up and at Liz twice before getting there.

“So what’s this great excuse of yours Michael that means you can’t tell her? Its going to be harder for her to hear than you to tell!”

“Yeah but I’m the one who’s going to end up loosing her!” Michael said looking up at her, his face a mix of emotions. He looked…tortured. “I’m so damn scared I’m going to lose her… she means the world to me. That’s why I haven’t told her yet. Because I want to spend as much time with her before she dumps my ass!”

Michael had been tortured by the image of Maria leaving him ever since he found out that she was pregnant. He barely slept, and had convinced himself that if he didn’t think about it… that he would never need to explain. Sure he knew that wasn’t going to work, but he was so desperate to keep her, that he would try anything. In the past few months it had got even harder. He would constantly fret about it at night, and so tried his best to push all thoughts of her during the day out of his head. He knew it was making him appear cold and he knew that she wouldn’t put up with it much longer… but he loved her. And he didn’t want her to leave him.

Liz sighed and said, “But Michael that’s not your call. She’s carrying your child. You can’t just put this off forever.”

“I know that!” Michael replied, scratching his eyebrow. “But I just wanted to… to have as much time with her before she leaves me.”

“Michael you don’t know she’s going to do that… but the longer you put it off the more likely it is she will! Plus, can you honestly tell me you are enjoying the way things stand right now?” Liz said trying to convince him.

“No…” Michael sighed. “No I can’t. And I know Liz… I know I’m being a selfish git. But having her even slightly like this is better than not at all. Max…he got lucky that you understood. What if Maria doesn’t?”

“She won’t unless you tell her soon…and by soon…I mean…”

“Here we are!”

Liz tried to refrain from growling as Kyle put down their orders infront of them.

“Will there be anything else?”

“No, thanks” Liz replied, still looking at Michael.

Kyle nodded. “Enjoy your meals then!”

And with that Kyle headed out back as there was hardly anyone here.

“Michael, by soon I mean today.”

Michael looked up at her, “Liz…”

“Michael, you said it yourself that this isn’t how it should be. So make it. Tell her the truth. Today. Get it done Michael. Then, and at least then, you guys have a slight chance of getting through this.”

Michael looked down at the table and closed his eyes as he bit into one of his onion rings. When he had swallowed, he murmured, “I know you’re right Liz… and I will. I’ll tell her. I’m just so damn scared that the one good thing in my life will leave me.”

Liz sighs and murmured, “Michael… I’m not gonna deny that that’s a big possibility now you’ve procrastinated this long… but if you tell her now, you may have a chance.”

Michael looked up at her slowly. “You’re right….” He swallowed, looking more determined. “You’re right… I need to tell her… I need to tell her right now damn it… I’m not pulling a Max!”

Liz looked at him confused. “Huh?”

Michael ignored her as he stood up and grabbed her wheelchair handles. “I’m telling her right now.”

And with that Michael pushed Liz out of the door and down the street.

“Michael!!” Liz said loudly as he pushed her as fast as he could.

“It’s a short cut…” he puffed as he turned the corner down into a side alley.

“Michael you didn’t pay!”

Michael screeched the wheelchair to a halt.

“DAMN!” Michael cursed. “I’ll be back!” He promised before taking off the way he came.

Liz rolled her eyes as she watched Michael run down the alley and out of sight.

“I can’t do it Tess…” the girl murmured.

“Yes you can damnit! Do it now whilst we have the chance! Don’t delay!” Tess told her angrily from their hiding place.

“I can’t do it!!!” she cried out again.

Tess angrily snatched the gun off her comrade, not about to waste a good opportunity. The two pieces were set and so close…she may not get this moment again.

And with that Tess fired.

The bullet flew through the air... and hit its target stomach.

Liz’s wheelchair tipped backwards as the bullet hit her. Her scream was even louder than the large smash when her chair fell to the floor, the wheels braking off again. Liz’s world dimmed as blood seeped through her shirt. She could feel the life draining out of her.

“Max….” she murmured as she closed her eyes.

“You need to look at me.”

Liz heard the words, but they seemed so far away….

“Look at me…”

Liz’s eyes drifted open, but her vision was blurred, so she couldn’t make out the male before her.

And then she felt a warm hand touch her stomach. Liz gasped as she felt her body changing…healing.

Seconds later the guy before her moved his hand away. Her vision was still swimming… but it slowly came into focus as the guy stood up and ran for it…

But Liz had managed to see his facial features.

A minute later Michael ran back down the alley…and immediately saw the wheelchair on the ground.

“LIZ!”

He ran as fast as he could down the alley…until he saw Liz...

…stand up.

His eyes widened as he saw Liz turn towards him, her whole body shaking.

Michael quickly started running again.

“Liz! What happened?” He said as he put an arm round her to steady herself.

Liz looked at Michael slowly, her eyes filling with tears.

“Liz…Liz tell me….” Michael said again, urgently.

“He healed me… and took off…”

“Who…who Liz?!” Michael said swallowing hard.

“Max.”
Last edited by madroswellfan on Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Sorry guys for taking so long with this chapter. Things have been manic at uni… and to be honest I was very nervous about writing this chapter so I delayed it somewhat.
Thanks to all my reviewers (whether you be in the Michael loving or Michael hating groups!!!):
Sternbetrachter – different… maybe a little…
Somewhere87 – Concerning the flight…I’m not sure what the law is… but baring in mind that she’s not actually THAT far along…. But if it is the law that she can’t… um… can I ask nicely that my readers forget that little um…problem! Lol
Xmag – Michael’s not called a stonewall for nothing. He didn’t share all his thoughts with us.
Nusta – Don’t really know what to say here… its nice everyone has there own opinions
Dreamer_Dreaming – Something big? You didn’t think the shooting was big enough??
Imnotlc – Thankies :)
Nibbles2 – Actually he did call the once according to chapter 4 ;)
Ashleyt – Well at least everyone seems to be agreeing they want there own Alex….
RhondaAnn – So glad someone mentioned the Milton thing! I can’t help but throw in little guest appearances…
IzzyEvans2201_PuertoRico – I do get you, I’m just a tease ;)
Tequathisy – Theories theories… you don’t really expect me to answer that do you? :)
LairaBehr4 – As you can see the answer to that one would be no! Sorry!
Roswell3053 – Thanks!
Ellie – You wouldn’t believe that this fic was originally going to be dreamer fluff would you! LOL!

Speaking of Dreamer fluff! Before I continue I just want to add I started a new fic on this board for some Dreamer fluff. The angst is getting hard to write and I’m hoping ‘Mistaken Identity’ will help to keep me flowing. So please check it out here! Hopefully I will get up a new chapter of that today or soonish!

At this point in the reviews, people who I’ve already mentioned had a discussion on the thread :lol: I don’t really know what to say to any of that so I will skip to my last reviewer:
Believer – Nice to have you back in the fold :lol: Thankies!

Okays so… as much as I loved the feedback this week, I know I had to step in once and I apologise, because the last few weeks haven’t been brilliant for me and I am female and therefore I get cranky. But I do love to hear your opinions… just play nice people ;)

Because I have a test coming up and I’m going home for the weekend next week, I’m not sure if I’ll have another chapter ready in a fortnight. But I will be back as soon as I can :)

Enjoy Chapter 6!

Previously, in Rocky Romances in Roswell….
“Liz! What happened?” He said as he put an arm round her to steady herself.

Liz looked at Michael slowly, her eyes filling with tears.

“Liz…Liz tell me….” Michael said again, urgently.

“He healed me… and took off…”

“Who…who Liz?!” Michael said swallowing hard.

“Max.”

Chapter 6

Michael looked at Liz in disbelief. Max had…come and healed her? He thought that Liz had decided not to be healed… It was when he looked down and saw Liz’s blood that he knew that it had been necessary. But why would Max take off like that? It didn’t make sense.

“Michael…”

Michael looked at Liz as she slowly out stretched her hand. He watched…as nothing happened.

“They’re gone…” Liz breathed, running her hands through her hair.

Michael swallowed hard. Now Liz definitely wouldn’t be able to protect herself. Besides which…who had done this to her. What exactly had happened? How had she been hurt? He looked as Liz’s legs started to tremble badly from no use for years. Michael carefully grabs her and helps Liz to the ground. He then quickly turns to the broken wheelchair. Sure she didn’t need it right now… but leaving it here wouldn’t be wise, and she certainly couldn’t walk right back into the apartment. Quickly Michael leans down and uses his powers to try and fuse the wheels back on. His powers aren’t as refined as Max’s however, and so when he does, they look very precarious.

Swiftly, Michael uprights the chair and put Liz back into it.

“Michael what are you…”

“We have to go now Liz…someone may have heard the gun…” Michael quickly whispers to her as he waves his hand over Liz’s blood to make it disappear. No DNA…no evidence. He then grabs Liz’s wheelchair and pushes her along as fast as he can down the alley.

Right now they had to get away… then, maybe they would figure out what the hell was going on.

Once Michael and Liz had flew the alley, Tess stood up, still concentrating on her mindwarp, and started to walk down the alley. She didn’t bother to check if her companion was following her. She knew she would. They walked in silence with Tess leading for several minutes, until they eventually reached an abandoned building. Tess strode confidently inside and dropping the warp as she did so. She turned around slowly as her companion followed her in, shutting the door behind her.

“What the HELL was that?! You couldn’t do it?!?!” Tess yelled at her. She was livid. She had wanted her companion to do it so she could test how far she was willing to follow orders. Clearly Tess had retrieved her answer.

“I…”

“Don’t.” Tess snapped as she walked right up close to her associate, so that she could feel Tess’ breath on her face.

“We have work to do… but know this. You know the goal. You joined me. And I’m not going to forget this.”

The girl looked back at her steely, trying to show her bravery. But if you looked closer, a muscle in her eye twitched.

“Go… you know what to do now.”

The girl nodded and strode out of the room. Tess glared after her, royally pissed off. She had made perfect plans. And if her… well… more like servant, couldn’t follow orders… then there may be a chink in her armour. Tess had plans for her… but she could do without if necessary.

But then Tess smiled. Either way… Liz had lost her powers. And by healing her, she would no-longer be Max’s Queen, making her the only option. She knew that Max wouldn’t see it like that… but a little persuasion…

Max would be hers. She would continue her plan. She would not fail. Failure was not an option. If only she had that damned book… she could read ahead…

She narrowed her eyes once more. She would find the book… and they would come around to her way of thinking.

As Michael ran down the streets with the incredibly squeaky wheelchair, a silver car drove pulled over just ahead of them. The blonde driver turned around and raised an eyebrow at the sight of Michael and Liz. It was Liz who spotted Isabel first. “Michael…Is” she called out to him, having to raise her voice over the squeaky wheelchair.

Michael quickly took them over to the car and quickly helped her out of the wheelchair and into the backseat. He then quickly jumped in the front.

“Wh…”

“Just drive… explain on the way to the apartment.”

Isabel shook her head slightly as restarted the car and began to drove off down the road. But neither Michael nor Liz started talking. Isabel checked her mirror and saw Liz looking like someone had just died. She took a sharp look at Michael, but as per usual his expression was unreadable.

“Ok someone had better start talking…” Isabel warned.

“Isabel…” Liz murmured quietly. “I need a favour.”

Isabel looked again in her mirror at her.

“What’s going on Liz?” Isabel asked. “Is it Max?”

“No um…. Listen I… I can’t…” Tears formed in her eyes, but she forced herself to continue. “Can you take Alex out somewhere when we get back?”

Isabel’s heart seemed to leap at the mention of Alex’s name. But the others didn’t know about her and Alex yet… and it was obvious there was something else going on.

“Sure…. If one of you tells me what’s going on.” Isabel stated looking towards Michael.

Michael sighed and murmured, “Ok…but you can’t get upset because your driving…”

“Then I’ll pull over….” Isabel started to respond.

“No!” Michael quickly cut in. “No you have to keep driving.

Isabel looked worriedly over at Michael. “Michael, your scaring me… have we been discovered or something???”

Michael quickly shook his head. “Isabel, I promise you its nothing like that.”

“Then what….I swear Michael I will pull over if you leave me in the dark…”

“Is..” Liz murmured from the back. Isabel looked back in the mirror once more. “Isabel I promise I will tell you later today. But I…I need to tell Max first.”

Isabel clearly wasn’t happy with that answer, but she continued. “Isabel, please. It’s nothing dangerous right now… and I just… I have to tell Max first. And if Alex is in the house… you’re gonna have to tell him the truth.”

Isabel swallowed. Liz looked very upset, and somehow Isabel knew that wasn’t the half of it. “Something alien’s happened…” she murmured. She sighed as she turned on to the street of the apartment. “If you promise me that everything’s alright and that you will call if ANYTHING changes then I’ll do it.”

“I promise Is… I’m not keeping people in the dark anymore. I’m done with secrets.” Michael told her firmly.

Isabel pulled the car over at the house and turned off the engine. She looked towards him. “You mean you’re gonna…”

Michael didn’t answer. He got out of the car and helped Liz back in her wheelchair. Isabel swallowed. Clearly something else was happening. She, Max and Liz had had many conversations expressing their concerns for Maria not knowing the truth. Liz wouldn’t be near tears if that was all that was going on. Isabel sighed as she got out of the car and walked inside.

Alex sighed to himself as he read his book in his room. He knew how close Maria was to leaving. And if she did…he would go with her, no matter what. But he couldn’t help but think about Isabel. Would Michael and Maria’s rift mean they couldn’t be together? And if so, why was it ok for Max and Liz but not him and Isabel.

He heard his bedroom door open and he smiled as he saw Isabel come in the room. Isabel couldn’t help but immediately smile back. She had been worried about having to act ok… but it was hard not to be ok with Alex in the room. She went over towards him. “Hey…”

Alex stood up and smiled at her. “Hey…”

She gently took his hand. “I don’t suppose you would be available now to do something… a date maybe?” she said hopefully.

Alex couldn’t help but grin at that. Did she just ask him out? Ok, so he had asked her first, but she still wanted to actually go. “I’d love to.” He said softly. “Where do you wanna go?”

Isabel swallowed and murmured. “Anywhere….lets just go out to the car and we can decide as we’re driving around….ok?”

Alex nodded. He didn’t care what he did right now. Especially if this could be the first and last date Isabel and he ever had. He was going to make every minute count. Isabel gently led him out of the room and outside.

Once the main door had shut, Michael and Liz emerged from her room. They had decided Alex shouldn’t see either of them right now… not when they looked so…emotional. Liz silently moved the wheelchair over so she can watch the TV whilst she waited for Max. Michael meanwhile swallowed as he walked into his and Maria’s room.

Max sighed to himself as he pulled his black Chevelle into an available space. He felt bad about his parents; he really did. It was just… he had no idea what to say on the phone to them. ‘Hi, I’m ok, my destiny mission’s going great, and I know you like Tess but I’m in love with a girl called Liz.’

…Maybe not.

He walked up the steps to the apartment and opened the door. He immediately smiled as he saw Liz. He started to walk towards her, “Hey beautif…”

Liz turned towards him and Max saw her tear stained face. She had her arms over her waist and was staring at him, a look of pain and confusion on her face. Max quickly moved towards her.

“L...”

But Liz was just as quick when she moved her chair backwards away from him. Max’s hurt by such a small movement was evident in his eyes. Max couldn’t help but wonder if Michael had told her about Tess.

“Liz I’m sorry….”

Liz’s tears streamed down her face. “It was you then…”

Max moved his head back slightly, looking extremely confused. “Liz, I didn’t break Tess out…”

Liz jerked in her chair at her name. “Tess is out?” she murmured quietly.

Max stared at her, wondering if he had just completely blown it with Liz for good.

Michael silently entered Maria’s room. She sat upright on the edge of the bed, staring at him. She wore an expression that said she was no longer going to take any crap. Michael swallowed hard. “Hey…”

Maria didn’t reply. She just blinked at him.

Michael shut the door and stood by it. “I…I need to tell you something.”

Maria just sat there.

Michael forced himself to continue, “But whatever I say I just…I want you to know that I love you. And I…”

“Just spit it out Michael,” Maria snapped at him. Her biting tone took Michael aback for a moment but he knew he had to get this done. He wanted her to stay with him…. He wanted her to be his family…

He swallowed as he finally realised… he wanted the three of them to be a family. He wanted them both. He had been a selfish git and he knew it. He could tell that this was not going to go a way he wanted it to. He had to do it. She deserved to know the truth. But his heart knew… his heart knew it was too late. He leaned back against the wall for a moment and touched the wall. Using his powers he sound proofed the room, so no nosy neighbours would hear.

“I… Maria I’m…” he scratched his eyebrow nervously. “Maria I’m not…I’m…”

He sighed and shut his eyes. “I’m an alien.”

Maria stared at him for a moment, but it seemed to last forever. The next thing Michael knew was a hand strike him hard across his face.

“You know what Michael… I really thought you were gonna tell me the truth…”

She didn’t believe him. The realisation of that fact him like a ton of bricks. He never thought that she wouldn’t. He opened his eyes and just stood there. He knew he deserved anything she gave him at this point.

“Maria I’m serious,” he said quietly.

Maria looked livid. “Michael stop it. It’s not funny! For starters your saying I slept with an alien, that I’m pregnant with an alien’s child…hell even my child could be alien…”

She stopped and looked at him. She slowly took a few steps backwards. “Tell me you’re lying Michael,” she said firmly, trying to keep calm, but not managing it. “TELL ME!” she screamed at him.

Michael swallowed, “Maria… I’m not…”

“No…NO! I KNEW something was up, but this can’t be. You can’t be an…it doesn’t make sense!” she yelled at him, backing further away from him.

“We were in these incubation pods and…”

“SHUT UP!” she screamed at him.

Michael shut his mouth and watched her. She had backed herself into the far corner of the room. He took one step towards and immediately she screamed again.

“NO! GET BACK!”

Michael did what she said, wishing he could just hold her in his arms. Maria meanwhile wanted to be as far away from his as possible. She grabbed for her bag and quickly took some sniffs of her cedar oil. Her body was shaking badly.

“It’s not just you is it,” she murmured quietly. “Tess was too… that’s why she was imprisoned… because she’s an alien…”

“Yes she is but that’s not why…”

“SHUT UP!” she screeched again. “Or I’ll call someone RIGHT NOW to pick you up too!” She swallowed painfully. “She killed Jesse didn’t she…some alien power… you and her are both the same…both evil aliens….killers…”

“Maria, Tess isn’t like us she….”

“US?!” Maria yelled out. “US?!”

Michael kept his voice quiet and calm, fearing that her stress would hurt the baby. “Max and Isabel are…”

“NO FREAKING WAY!” She ran her fingers through her hair angrily. “YOU’RE TELLING ME YOU’RE ALL ALIENS AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME! YOU’RE TELLING ME OUR CHILD MIGHT NOT BE NORMAL!!!”

Michael didn’t respond. But his no response was enough for Maria to get her answer.

“And you never told me?! You never told us….Liz, Alex… and your pregnant girlfriend?!”

“Well um Liz…”

Maria’s head snapped back as if she had been slapped. “Liz? LIZ?! LIZ KNEW!!! MAX TOLD LIZ BUT YOU COULDN’T TELL YOUR PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND?!?!”

“Tess tried to kill her Maria…”

Maria stopped for a second. She swallowed as thoughts of Tess trying to kill her in some evil way ran through her head. A tear silently fell down her cheek.

“But you still couldn’t tell me Michael?”

Michael swallowed and murmured. “I’m sorry….”

Maria grabbed the nearest thing to her, which happened to be her clock radio. She grabbed it and hurtled it at him. Michael quickly ducked.

“I’m sorry Maria, I’m a selfish git and I just wanted to…”

Maria grabbed the desk lamp and hurtled it at him. It was too big to duck so Michael did something on instinct.

Michael’s hand shot out and immediately a white light was emitted. Instantly, the lamp smashed. The tiny pieces of the lamp fell all over the bed spread.

Maria stared at him in disbelief. A part of her had told herself that he was lying. But when he… did that, Maria was shocked into the reality of the situation. She really was carrying an alien’s baby.

Michael opened his mouth to speak, but immediately Maria shot him a warning look, so he quickly shut it once more. The room fell back into silence.

In the main room, Max and Liz were in a similar scenario.
“You knew Tess was out and you didn’t tell me Max?” she asked quietly.

Max swallowed, “Liz I was trying to protect you… I didn’t want you to worry…”
Liz looked away slowly. Max continued, “I’m so sorry Liz I just… you’ve been through so much and I didn’t want you to worry anymore… I know how much Tess hurt you physically and mentally and I just wanted to protect you from that.”

Liz looked back towards him. “But you didn’t Max,” she murmured.

Max swallowed. “You….you saw her?”

Liz shook her head slowly. “No… but I saw you Max.”

Max swallowed hard, not understanding. “I don’t understand Liz…” he murmured.

Liz looked at him for a moment before starting to tremble. She kept one hand firmly over her stomach, whilst using the other hand to grip the wheelchair… and push herself up. Max watched in amazement as she stood up before him. Max opened his mouth to speak but Liz stopped him by moving her other hand, and showing him her blood stained shirt.

“Liz…” Max breathed.

“You healed me Max… you saved my life… but you ran off. Why did you do that?”

“I…I didn’t Liz.” Max murmured. “I was at my parents all day…”

“Max…I don’t have my powers anymore…I can stand up… walk… and I’m alive. And I’m grateful. I really am… but you ran off…”

“Liz I really didn’t… it wasn’t me,” Max said.

Liz blinked and gave a quick shake of her head. “Max I saw you… it was you… your eyes, your mouth…”

Max shook his head slowly. “It wasn’t me Liz.”

It was this moment that the front door opened. Max turned round to face the intruders.

“Max…” Liz murmured, stunned.

The four people in the door way stood there looking back at them.

And then the person who had healed Liz spoke.

“Yo, can we come in?”
Last edited by madroswellfan on Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Ok guys, I know I haven’t been around much but I’m not going anywhere. I’ve unfortunately had to drop my beta-ing duties due to my heavy work load which was a really difficult decision for me to make. But I simply can’t stop writing this… (Although a chapter takes me almost a day to write so… excuse me for no regular updates atm.)

Thanks to all my wonderful reviewers:
Sternbetrachter – A lot sooner!
Tequathisy – I’m glad everyone seemed pretty happy with the Maria/Michael scene! Was rather nervous about that!
Imnotlc – OMG, OMG I’m sorry for taking so long :D
Somewhere87 – Thankies
Dreamer_Dreaming – Lets see…
Ellie – Maria? Freak? Never…
Roswell3053 – I would have thought you guys would have learnt by now that you can’t expect much in this… I have lots of twists up my sleeve :D
RhondaAnn – Find out now :D
Ashleyt – Good question… *Lips are sealed*
Stargazer’s Delight – Glad the gazers are happy
Asabatha – Yep!
Crazycandygirl06 - :D Welcome! Thankies for reading!
Believer – Hmmm the dupes…good…evil… maybe we should run a bet….lol
Glennfan33 – Michael…. Hmm… find a new girl maybe? Maybe not!
LairaBehr04 – Bit late but happy hols to you too! Lol
Nibbles2 - :( Sorry for the delay! (And I miss betaing your amazing story – Hey everyone! If you haven’t already check outGold diggers;) )
Redrumm – Another newbie to my series! Welcome and thanks for reading!
Timelord31 – Thankies!
Dreamerlaure – Sorry!

Ok now… this next month I’m producing a musical! I’m the first ever first year student to do so I’m very nervous and it’s a HUGE job… so I can’t guarantee how much I’ll be on. I really can’t guarantee I will be able to get another chapter up until the end of February. But I will try my best! The next chapter may be shorter anyway as I was gonna make this and the next chapter just one chapter but I decided I’d split it up. So please bare with me!

Ok so…here goes!

Oh! And I borrowed an idea from the Melinda Metz Roswell books… but it’s a completely different context so tell me if you spot it ;)

Last chapter

Liz blinked and gave a quick shake of her head. “Max I saw you… it was you… your eyes, your mouth…”

Max shook his head slowly. “It wasn’t me Liz.”

It was this moment that the front door opened. Max turned round to face the intruders.

“Max…” Liz murmured, stunned.

The four people in the door way stood there looking back at them.

And then the person who had healed Liz spoke.

“Yo, can we come in?”

Chapter 7

Liz and Max stood perfectly still as they gazed at the four people before them. The speaker was in front, looking exactly like Max, bar his spiky hair and his rather punk like attire. A step beside him, on either side, stood a replica Isabel and Michael. The female had a lot shorter hair than Isabel and enough eyeliner to do Isabel several months. The other male had a Mohawk and a very disapproving look on his face. Almost hiding at the back was a female that made Max and Liz’s blood run cold. Although she had a pink bob with black highlights, her face was unmistakeable. Liz raised her hand to arm herself against the four, but soon remembered her powers didn’t work anymore. Max seeing Liz’s alarm, moved to stand infront of her.

“Yo, we’re not here to fight…”

“Yeah duke! Zan ere saved your human friends bacon!” the other guy piped up.

“Zan?” Max repeated disbelievingly. The guy at the front gave a nod. “Who are you?”

Zan gave a rugged smile, before replying, “We’re you yo.”

Michael looked at Maria hoping she would just say something. Anything. Ok… hopefully not, ‘Get out of my life for ever’, but something… She had remained perfectly still since she last spoke. Michael swallowed hard knowing he had to try and say something…

“Maria…”

Maria closed her eyes slowly as she murmured, “Get out.”

Immediately tears sprung to the back of his eyes. Michael was not one to cry. He had lived through many terrible things in his life… but right now this… this had to be the be worst.

“Maria please…”

Maria slowly opened her eyes and looked up at him. Her body trembled as she said again, “Get out Michael….we’re done.”

Michael moved towards slowly. Maria shook her head to try and stop him but he kept moving forward, saying, “Maria I need you… please don’t shut me out… I’m sorry I was just so scared to lose you…”

“Well you lost me Michael!” She looked up at him, her face was full of anger, but her eyes showed only her pain. “Get out! GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!!”

Michael stood still, not moving closer or towards the door. “I can’t…” he murmured.

Maria drew herself up as best as she could with her protruding belly and walked towards the door…which meant walking past Michael. As soon as he was near her his arms reached out for her.

His answer was a loud and hard slap across the face. Knowing he deserved everything he got he didn’t even try to avoid it, and didn’t move away. She stormed past him and headed towards the door. She was hurt, angry and confused.

But Michael wasn’t the only one to deserve her wrath.

She pulled open the door yelling, “SOME BEST FRIENDS YOU ARE! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL…”

It was then she saw the six people in the room… the exact doubles of the four… aliens.

There was a loud bang as Maria hit the floor.

Isabel pulled the car up to a stop at the bowling alley. She turned towards Alex, “I have to confess I… I don’t usually bowl…”

Alex raised an eyebrow and said in a rush, “Really? If you don’t want to we can do something else…sorry I didn’t know…we can do something else…”

Alex stopped instantly when Isabel reached out and touched his hand. “I don’t usually do this because….ok this is gonna sound silly but…it’s the whole hygiene thing. Putting your feet in shoes that other people have used… putting your fingers in those little holes full with crumbs and dirt…”

Alex opened his mouth to protest again, but Isabel quickly said, “But I really wanna do this Alex… Im just telling you because I… I want you to know I wouldn’t do this for just anyone.”

Alex’s mind flittered to Jesse wondering if she would have done it for him, but he shook the thought away as quickly as it came. He grinned at her slowly, making Isabel’s stomach do a little flip. Alex was well aware that Isabel’s hand was still on top of his. He swallowed and said, “So um..shall we?”

Isabel smiled and slowly pulled her hand away, and got out of the car. Alex let out a hiss of air as she moved away, amazed at what such a simple touch of her hand could do to him. He quickly jumped out the vehicle and went round to Isabel. They stood there awkwardly for a moment, as Alex debated if he should offer her his arm or something. Isabel sensed his anxiousness and smiled at him as she gently took his hand. Alex’s grin quickly spread across his face once more and they walked inside.

Liz rushed over to Maria, quickly checking to see if she was ok. She looked through the doorway at Michael who quickly walked over to them.

“I think she just fainted….” Liz said, as she looked over at Max.

Max was standing still, concern for Maria etched on his face… but also a determination to keep Liz protected from…who ever these people who looked like them were.

“Max?” Liz said, “Max… the baby…”

Max swallowed as he backed towards Maria and put his hand on her belly. Just as he retrieved flashed of the baby being healthy…. Maria woke up and saw the light. She screamed loudly, making Max shift back slightly. Maria struggled to her feet, still screaming. She wanted to run out of the room… but there were those….those…duplicated standing there….

And it was then she realized… Liz was standing.

“Yo… can you get your little human girl there to shut up, she’s hurting our ear drums yo!” The one who looked like Isabel said pointedly at Michael.

Maria looked over at them before deciding she had to escape NOW. She would have jumped through the window if it wasn’t for the child she was carrying. And then she saw that Michael was moving towards her.

Instantly she made the decision to run. She barreled through the duplicates, trying her best not to touch them. Fortunitely some of them seemed to move away in disgust. She ran out on to the street. Michael started to move after her but Liz grabbed his arm.

“No Michael… not now… let me…”

“Liz…” Max said as he moved to her side once more. “I don’t like this…”

“Max,” Liz said carefully as she looked up into his eyes. “I’ll be fine… I need to….Maria.”

Max swallowed, still not wanting her to go. Liz swallowed and quickly leant up to kiss his lips. Max shut his eyes as immediately all his thoughts were of Liz… so that when he opened them again, he saw Liz was walking past the dupes. She was clearly not very steady on her feet. But clearly Liz was not going to let Maria go this alone. Quickly she started a somewhat slow run after Maria.

Michael slowly looked round at the dupes. For a moment he just stood there… until quickly he raised his hand, sending his energy at them.

Zan, looking somewhat bored, simply raised his hand, allowing a green shield to be emitted. Max watched amazed as the energy simply dissolved into the shield.

“You’re not us.” Max stated immediately. “I can’t do that.”

Zan rolled his eyes before saying, “Actually my man you can, you just ain’t tried it right.”

“That’s a convenient excuse….” Michael commented slowly. His brain couldn’t process. He wanted Maria. He wanted to know she was ok. But he knew he had to deal with the situation in front of him.

“Yo, we’re talking straight,” the guy from behind Zan piped up. “Two sets, two of us.”

“Two sets?” Max said slowly.

Zan looked at him curiously whilst the Isabel dupe started to laugh. Zan looked over at her. “Brother don’t ya gerrit? He doesn’t know…. The king don’t know!”

The Michael dupe snorted whilst Zan looked round at Max in amazement

“King?” Michael said slowly. “What on earth… Max come on, let’s take em… I mean them out.”

Max slowly shook his head. “He saved Liz, Michael. It wasn’t me… it was him.”

Zan smiled, “See yo, your catchin on duke! But maaan… I can’t believe you didn’t know about the whole royal four thing…”, he whistles slightly before taking a step into the room. Not to be left behind, the Isabel and Michael dupes moved next to him… where as the Tess dupe just stood there blankly.

“Royal four?” Max said slowly. “Who exactly are you?”

Zan smiled, “Ah…sorry duke… I’s Zan, and you duke are Max I believe… Liz is it… her mind is somewhat a shrine to you….”

The guy behind Zan, clearly being the impatient sort piped up, “Yeah yeah, I’m Rath and this is Lonnie,” he told them, pointing at Isabel’s duplicate.

When the girl at the back didn’t speak, Zan added, “And she’s Ava.”

Quickly Rath cut in once more and said, “So why ya hanging with two humans instead of your babes?”

Zan looked round at Rath sharply and gave him a look that clearly said, ‘shut up, I’m in charge’. He then looked round at Michael, “So your….”

“Michael,” he stated before launching, “But who are you and isn’t your…Ava evil?”

Rath turned his head away and Lonnie had to bite her lip to stop herself from laughing. Lonnie finally said, “Ava? Heeell no… she would get scared by her own shadow!”

Ava finally seemed to come out of her little standing perfectly still funk and looked at Zan. He didn’t say anything and a look of disappointment crossed her face.

“Why were there two sets…and why are you calling me the King?”

Zan smiles at Max, “Yo… we learnt all this from our protector… but he said you didn’t get one cos you had the book ya know…”

Max swallowed, “You know about the book?”

Zan nods, “Yeah… don’t know why you get it and we get some guy who just tells us who we are and then skiddattles… so what makes the book so great?”

Michael snorts, “The book is in a different language… we can’t read it. Nothing great about it except some pictures of me and Isabel….uh…our Lonnie…. And Max with Tess…. Your Ava….or with the girl from England….”

“Destiny changed?”

Zan looked back at Ava’s first words. She looked like she wanted to move to besides Zan…. But Rath and Lonnie clearly weren’t having any of it.

Max nodded. “Liz….” He looked at Zan, “She had powers….or did….”

Zan nodded, “Yeah so I saw… so I guess destiny’s back to you and your…Tess ya called her?”

Max swallowed and said firmly, “I love Liz…she’s the only one for me.”

“Nope, fraid not duke.” Rath said immediately. “You and your queen Ava… that’s how it is.”

Max shook his head before saying, “Queen? What are you talking about.”

Zan smiled feeling a wave of importance at knowing something that Max, the guy who got the book, didn’t know. “We all lived before yo… Antar…. Our planet… we were royality. Zan was the King, Ava was his betroved and soon to be Queen, Lonnie was the princess and Rath was Zan’s second in command, betroved to Lonnie. But some dark shit happened and basically we all got killed in a war. So they got our dna, mixed us up with humans and ba-da-bing here we are livin’ and breathin’ again yo.”

Michael looked at Zan incredulously. “King? Second? I’m a second?” he said, as thought to himself ‘Always second to damn Maxwell’.

Zan nodded. “Yep… they made a set that…wasn’t quite right so they made another and sent both for insurance.”

Max swallowed and said, “Insurance of what?”

“Yo…that’s why we’re ere. We’re meanna go back… they want us back home to unite our planet. Stop the war. They want us back. But the only ways through something called the “grenalith”, which our protector said you have.

Max shakes his head, “Never heard of it… besides…we like our lives…. And we don’t believe in destiny.”

“Yo your destiny is done deal! We go back, you rule again. That’s the way it is.”

“Well you said royal four right…not royal eight… so even if your defective why cant you four…”

“YO! We’re not the defectives make no mistake!” Rath said angrily, “You guys are. But we need the grenalith yo.”

Michael muttered to himself quietly, “This gets better… I’m a second AND I’m defective…”

“I have never heard nor do I have a “grenalith.”

Rath held out his hand, “Well why don’t ya give us the book and we can go and find it.”

Max swallowed and murmured, “We…”

Michael said louder, interrupting him, “We don’t have it. The book went missing.”

Rath looked livid. “YO! We need the damn book to get home yo! Lonnie and me, we’re….”

Zan looked around slowly at Rath as he quickly amended, “Yo…we wanna go back… right Zan?”

Zan didn’t look so sure but he nodded all the same.

Rath continued, “So… we needs to find da book, you two need to get with your proper ladies and we can all go home.”

Michael’s head was filling was with images of having a family… knowing his parents… a life on another planet he had always dreamed about… and then Maria came into his mind and he instantly replied, “No…. no we’re not. You four can go find your precious grenatlith and we’ll stay with those we love…”

Lonnie looked at Michael sharply. “Love? You love the blond chick who ran away screaming from you?”

Michael swallowed and said quietly, “We’re going through a rough patch…” He then added louder, “But we’ll be fine…we’ll be a family and….”

“Wait.” Rath quickly demanded. “You’re telling me she’s expecting your kid yo?”

Michael nodded. Lonnie and Rath exchanged a look that made Michael raise an eyebrow at them.

Max swallowed before saying, “We live with three humans….two of which know the truth about us…” Max said guessing accurately that’s why Maria was screaming earlier like a banshee.

“Yo, you told em the truth! You crazy?!” Rath demanded.

Max looked at Rath with determination. “They are with us. I am not a King and I’m not doing whatever a book tells me. We live on this world not…Antar.”

Rath narrowed his eyes at Max but didn’t say anything back. Max turned to Zan.

“One of them doesn’t know the truth and he could be back at any minute. If he sees you here…”

“…he’ll wonder why yo have four identical twins…Got the message duke… we’ll clear on out… but yo…if ya want I can teach ya how to do that shield thing…”

Max smiled slowly at Zan, “That sounds great… uh…where are you staying…”

Zan wrinkled his nose. “We move a lot…we’ll contact you…. See ya duke.”

And with that Zan walked out of the house. With a glare to Max, Rath followed him, immediately followed by Lonnie… and eventually bringing up the rear, Ava.

Michael started pacing whilst Max sat down slowly on the couch. As Michael paced, Michael asked, “Liz was healed and isn’t your destiny anymore?”

Max replied by saying, “You told Maria and she ran?”

Michael paced at a quicker rate whilst Max put his head in his hands.

“And its 80 pins versus, 71 pins. Theres only one ball left…can Evans get enough to win the game?” Alex said in a commentator like voice as he watched Isabel move to get ready to bowl. “She hasn’t got a strike yet… can she do it now to win the game? Can the somewhat geeky computer guy be beaten by the beautiful girl? She takes her stance…”

Isabel interrupts and looks over at him with a smile, “Did you just call me beautiful?”

“Uh…” Alex looked down at the floor, “Well I….”

Isabel grinned as she turned back around and bowled her finally ball. The ball went straight down the middle of the alley…and knocked them all down.

Isabel immediately jumped in the air and whooped with delight. “Oh yeah! Woo! This is way more fun that I remembered it…”

Alex grins, “Nice shot… good game!”

She smiled as she went over to Alex. She leant into his ear and whispered, “And by the way… instead of geeky… you should have said very attractive.”

Isabel smiled as she gracefully moved away to pick up her phone and dial Max. Alex meanwhile was grinning like a Cheshire cat. He sat down as he watched Isabel talk to Max, amazed that she had just called him that. A little while later Isabel got off the phone. She didn’t look happy. “Alex I… I kinda need to get back and talk to Max…”

Alex nodded understandingly, “Sure.” He was disappointed but if Isabel needed to go back then that’s what he would do. He grabbed his coat and they headed out to the car. Just before Isabel got in she stopped and looked at Alex. “Alex… I….”

Alex looked at her, “Isabel if your about to apologize I understand… parent issues right?”

Isabel stood still for a minute before saying, “Yeah, but…”

“I understand Isabel…we can do this another time.” He said, hoping that he was telling the truth.

Isabel bit her lip before walking around the car and over to him. She stood next to him and said, “Alex… I… thank you…. Not only for being understanding but… I… I had a great time…” A smile slowly creped on to her face as she spoke.

Alex smiled back at her, “So did I,” he told her.

Isabel bit her lip for a moment, praying that Alex would kiss her. She would kiss him but…what if he didn’t want her to. What if he said they should be just friends still…

Alex looked at her for a moment. She truly did seem to care about him… and if he was wrong then… at least he would get to kiss her again. He slowly leant in and gently his lips touched hers.

The kiss was fragile, as if a gust of wind could blow them a part. Alex moved away slightly to see Isabel’s reaction. She looked straight into his eyes before closing the distance once more, and kissing him. The romantic kiss made them both tingle in a way that only truly great kisses can do.

Maria kept running as fast as she could… but being pregnant running was not really an option. It was more of a fast waddle walk. Tiring quickly she saw a bench and sat down on it to catch her breath.

It was only then did she realize she was being followed.

Before Maria could stand up she saw Liz quickly WALKED over to her.

Maria couldn’t help but gasp at the sight. Tears of happiness, fear, anger, guilt and hurt overwhelmed and she started sobbing into her hands.

Liz quickly sat down next to her, grateful that she didn’t have to walk anymore, and wrapped her arms around Maria.

Maria sobbed into her arms for a long time. Maria was angry at Liz… but at the same time Maria and Liz had always had a bond. And right now Maria just needed her best friend to hold her whilst she cried.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

I’m back!

Big thanks to my reviewers:
Sternbetrachter – Indeed…so much going on… wouldn’t want there to be more now would we…
Stargazer’sDelight – Interesting theory on the leaving…will they or won’t they… guess you’ll have to keep reading to find out ;)
IzzyEvans2201_PuertoRico – Agreement among my readers again… *Sighs happily*
RhondaAnn – Thanks I need it!!!
Roswell3053 – Thankies
Tequathisy – Have to admit that struck me as funny too :lol:
Redrumm – Poor M n M… hope the candy lovers out there don’t give up on em yet!
Nibbles2 – Glad someone commentated on the ending :) I like it too :)
TimeLord31 – Good question…good…bad…inbetween… I guess ya’ll have to wait and see ;)
Ashleyt – I am just gonna defend my man Max here… he was he just was a little concerned about them all being killed by four people who looked like them!
Imnotlc – Your reviews always make me smile! :D It’s never fun without drama ;)
Ellie – If you two are cruel….what does that make me?! :lol:
Believer – Interesting judgements of the new characters
KatNotKath – Awww you are a sweetie! Thanks!
Dreamer_Dreaming – An act… interesting….
Thetvgeneral – Im back right now :D
Crazycandygurl06 – no more waiting!

Sorry this has taken so long guys! This years has been sooo busy and tiring! I’m rather busy with revision. I’ve had most of this chapter done for the past week, but I’ve been trying to come up with an ending I like. I haven’t sent the end to Sternbetrachter (my AMAZING beta!!!) and I’m still not sure I’m happy but I know you guys deserve your update so here goes… (Sorry its not its usual length but after some preplanning of chapters I decided this one would be shorter to make the story work better.

Oh and before I forget… I can’t guarantee another chapter before my exams finish which is the end of May. But I will see what I can do!

Now normally I back flash to the last few sentences but I thought instead I would do a quick reminder of what happened instead:

In chapter 7:
The Dupes, Max and Michael had a ‘friendly’ chat.
Maria ended things with Michael… saw the dupes, freaked and ran. Liz goes after her.
Alex and Isabel had some romantic bowling until she calls Max, resulting in them going to head home.
Max agreed to Zan teaching Max to create shields and the dupes leave saying they will contact them.
Liz caught up with Maria and held her while she cried.

And then I left you for 3 and a half months! :oops:
Want to find out what happens next? Read on!!!

Chapter 8

Maria and Liz sat in perfect silence for a long time. When eventually Maria pulled away, Liz looked at her and waited. She knew that Maria would have quite rightfully would have questions and she was about to answer every last one of them.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you could walk?”

Liz was surprised by Maria’s first question. She would have thought it would have been “How long have you known?!?” But clearly Maria was more hurt by the former.

“Since about two hours ago,” Liz said carefully. “Zan, the one who looks like Max, he…”

Maria held up her hand, “Liz I need to know everything – I can’t think about their twins at the minute.”

Liz nodded, “Maria, I’ve been trying to get Michael to tell you ever since I…”

“When did you find out?” Maria interrupted.

Liz swallowed before saying, “The day Tess tried to kill me in prison.”

As Isabel pulled up at the house, she looked towards Alex. Max hadn’t told her exactly what had gone down at the house, but he had said that they had something…important to discuss. She sighed as she looked at Alex. That kiss… that mind-blowing kiss… Isabel would do anything to just kissing Alex again instead of going inside.

Alex slowly took her hand and smiled her. He gave it a little squeeze. He may not know exactly was in her mind, but he knew just how to make her smile. Isabel smiled before leaning in and giving Alex a fast and hard kiss. As she leant back, Alex murmured, “I know that you might not want to talk about this… but I’m here if you want me.”

Isabel smiled and kissed his hand gently. She sighed, “Well I guess its time to face the music…” She gave Alex a final small smile before getting out of the car. Alex jumped out after her and followed her up the steps to the house. As they entered the house, they immediately saw Max pacing and Michael sitting down – after Isabel had called in they had moved enough to switch positions.

“Uh... I think I’m gonna go in my room…” Alex announced as he looked at the two guys faces. He gave one final smile to Isabel before going in his room, picking up a book off the desk and starting to read.

Outside Michael quickly walked towards Alex’s room and pressed his hand up against the wall, soundproofing it.

“You two look like your girlfriends just ran out…”

Michael’s face looked angrily at her.

“You may want to sit down Is…” Max said quietly.

Isabel looked at him, “Sit down?” she repeated. Her face hardened as she did as he suggested, muttering “Oh this can’t be good…”

Max waited a moment before finally saying, “Well I guess the best place is to start is that…”

Michael interrupted and said, “An alien healed Liz. It turns out that he’s Max’s duplicate. Him and his friends just came here and told us that we were royalty on our planet of Antar but in a war we all died. So we were mixed with human DNA and sent here. Max was the king, Tess was his queen, I was the second in command and you were the princess and betrothed to me. Zan – Max’s dupe offered to show Max how to improve his power skills. I told Maria, she freaked and came out here and saw Liz and the dupes and ran for it. Liz followed her and now we’re both waiting for them.”

Michael looked over at Max. “See… condensed version is a lot easier.”

And with that Michael went to the front door and walked out side.

Isabel meanwhile looked like she had just seen a ghost. After a while she murmured, “So why…why are there two of us?”

Max sighed and sat next to her. He gently took her hand as he began to explain in a much more thorough way. When he was done, Isabel looked at Max and said, “I haven’t seen these people but I already don’t trust them. Max, you shouldn’t be learning powers off them. We should just keep well away.”

Max looked at Isabel, “Tess is out Isabel. We need as much power as we can get.” Isabel swallowed before saying, “In that case I’m coming with you. I don’t want you going alone and I don’t think we should ever trust them. But if Tess is on the loose, your right. We should protect ourselves. So I’m with you Max,” she swallowed and then said, “And before you say, “That with all the aliens around I should tell Alex the truth,” I know and your right. And I will. I just…I’m not going to delay forever like Michael but I just…our relationship is…”

Max looked up at her and smiled, “Relationship huh?” he smiled at her and then said, “Isabel… I understand. And as much as I think you should tell him, it’s not as vital for him to find out as it was Maria. Just don’t hold back too long ok?”

Isabel smiled and gave her brother a tight hug. “Thanks Max…”

Maria stared at Liz blankly, as she had been doing for the past ten minutes now. Eventually Liz said, “Maria I know this is hard…”

Maria interrupted and said, “Alex and I are gonna go home.”

“What!” Liz said quickly. “Maria, you can’t! Look I don’t want you to get angry but please… hear me out. If you go home right now there is no one to protect you if Tess comes after you. She went after Jesse, and I’m not going to lose you too ok? I know we’ve all kept secrets from you…”

“Apart from Alex…” Maria muttered.

“Yes, apart from Alex, but Maria you’re at so much more risk with a baby too. Please Maria.”

Maria sighed and then said, “Fine, but I can’t go back there and stay with him.”

Liz looked at her, “Maria please… I know you don’t want to be around Michael, but please don’t go too far away from Max and Isabel. I know they’re different in species but there the same people that you know. And they might be the only ones keeping Tess away from us right now.”

Maria looked at Liz, “I’m sorry I can’t do that. I… I can’t. I have no probably hanging out with Max and Isabel I just…I can’t stay there. Even if Michael did leave I couldn’t. Please respect my wishes.”

Liz sighed and slowly lowered her eyes to the floor. “I could come too…”

“No way.” Maria interrupted. “I’m not letting you go away from Max right now. Tess is after Max and therefore after you. You’re at more risk than I am.”

Liz looked up at her slowly and said, “Promise me you’ll be careful? And Maria…don’t tell Alex any of this yet… that’s really down to Isabel.”

Maria sighed and muttered, “Fine but tell her to do it soon alright? I want to check that we both haven’t gone insane.”

Liz smiled and looped an arm around her. “I’m sure we’re not Maria. Ma….Zan saved my life today. He saved me from a bullet wound that would have surely killed me. How else can you explain that?”

Maria sighed, “You know what… I though that going to university would make life become more interesting and less complicated as we’re away from our parents. How very wrong I was.”

Liz looked at her and said, “But would you….would you have done anything differently?”

Maria sat there thoughtfully for a moment and then saying, “Ask me that in a month or two when I’m over the shock ok?”

Liz smiled, “Will do. So where are you gonna go?”

Maria looked at her, “A motel, at least for now.”

Liz nodded. “I’ll come with you and we’ll get you settled in, and then I’ll go back for your stuff ok?”

Maria nodded, “Liz…”

“Hm?”

“No more secrets?” Maria asked her.

Liz smiled as she stood up, “Never ever.”

Maria walked around the hotel room in silence. Silently, she laid down on what was not one of the most comfortable beds she’d ever slept on.
As soon as her head touched the pillow, she wept.

Lay a whisper on my pillow,
Leave the winter on the ground.
I wake up lonely,
There's air of silence in the bedroom
And all around.
Touch me now,
I close my eyes and dream away.

Michael and Max looked up as the front door opened. When only one female entered, they both made a move towards her. Instead of going to her boyfriend she turned to the other and said, “I’m collecting Maria’s things. She’s staying at the motel.” She looked to Max briefly before knocking on a bedroom door and going to talk to the third male of the house.

It must have been love
But it's over now.
It must have been good
But I lost it somehow.
It must have been love
But it's over now.
From the moment we touched
'Til the time had run out.

A knock sounded loudly on the hotel door. “Maria?”
Maria looked up at the unexpected voice. She watched as one of her best friends came in the room. Maria had locked the door, but using the key Liz had to get back in, Alex came in and immediately went over to the bed and gently held Maria as she sobbed.

Make-believing we're together,
That I'm sheltered by your heart.
But in and outside
I've turned to water
Like a teardrop in your palm.
And it's a hard winter’s day,
I dream away.

Michael walked around his much emptier bedroom. He sat down on the corner of the bed, his face contorted with pain and guilt. Tears stung his eyes. Usually Michael would force himself to not cry. But today, he just sat there as his silent tears leaked down his cheeks.

It must have been love but it's over now,
It was all that I wanted,
Now I'm living without.
It must have been love
But it's over now,
It's where the water flows,
It's where the wind blows.

Maria kept crying into Alex’s shirt as Liz brought in her last boxes before slowly closing the door behind her, letting the three best friends have privacy in there sorrow.

------
Song:
It Must have been Love - Roxette
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Well hello! We meet again!
Thanks to all my wonderful reviewers:

Ashleyt – Lots of sentiments about Alex in this chapters feedback!
Roswell3053 – Maria forgiving Michael soon… hmm…
Reddrum – Almost all of you say the same thing on the feedback! Can’t figure out if this is a good or bad thing but I’m just gonna smile :D
Sternbetrachter – And yet again stargazers are happy…. Hang on… did I please EVERY couple reader this chapter? :O Ok I completely broke up Michael and Maria but you all seemed to WANT that! Wow… I must do something about this fast (6)
KatnotKath – Angst? Me? *laughs* And originally LLL was gonna be fluff! Warning to all… more angst is coming! :D
Stargazer’s Delight - :O! I got a stargazer to feel for MM. I can strike one goal off my list… now all I have to do is kill Alex…
Kidding!
Or am I…
:lol: I just got you all worried :D
Tequathisy – Just wanna defend my characters here…. To be fair Max and Isabel did there own nagging to Michael, but its not really there place to tell her. Michael… well he did what he thought was right and its wrong so for now I think him staying out of the way is whats best to keep Maria as least stressed for the baby’s sake. And Liz really did do everything she could. I tried to get that across over the past few chapters I saw the feedback was negative of Liz. Clearly that hasn’t worked in all cases. But Liz really did try to do what was right by Maria.
Natalie36 – Thanks!
Nibbles 2 – Alex alex.alex…lots of concern for Alex… you’ll have to wait and see if/when he finds out!
Imnotlc – Impersonating Ava? Now that’s a different theory!
IzzyEvans2201_PuertoRico – Aww thankies!
RhondaAnn – Ok… this might well be my fault but I’m just gonna reiterate – everyone did try and push Michael to tell Maria. I’ve tried to imply that rather them all individually tell Michael… to be honest I didn’t want to end up writing the same scene 4 times! But Max does care, as does the others. Perhaps they should have pushed him more, but they did try, and do care.

Disclaimer – Borrowed a line from the last episode of season one, Destiny.

Okay well… I now have a month of exams so ya probably won’t get the next chapter til June. But I have 3 rather boring weeks at uni where I can do nothing but wait afterwards so you’ll be getting a chapter. So don’t panic :D I’ll be back!

Also can I say a special thank you to my wonderful amazing beta, Sternbetrachter, who put up with a lot of PM’s today so I can get this to come across the way I intend!

And :O we’ve been pruned! And to think that last time it took 12 chapters… thanks very much guys for all the reviews over this story. It really is wonderful to get them and very much helps the writing progress. So thank you all so much!

Ooh, one last thing - a little plug for my other fanfiction, co-written with StormWolfStone on the Alien Abyss forum called "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word"

Well here’s the next chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter 9

The female looked over at her companion watching from her position on the floor as her companion paced back and forth.

They had a plan. It would work. All they needed to do was wait until the card was on the table.

“Patience…”

She stood up and looked at her companion before giving an evil smile, which her companion returned.

Yes, the plan would work. They knew how things were meant to be. And they were going to make sure that it happened that way.

Zan gave a satisfied nod as he watched Max create a small, weak shield.
“Not bad yo… you’re getting it man…” he commented.

Max snorted as he brought it down. “Yeah sure… it’s only been a week we’ve been practicing. I practically haven’t seen Liz except for when I say hello before going to bed exhausted from this.” He sighed, “Thank God Michael is staying with her…” He looked at Zan, a look of fear and anger before continuing, “I have to learn how to do this fast. Who knows what our Tess is going to do next and I need to protect Liz.”

He sat down on the cold floor, his back against the wall. Zan watched him for a moment, his eyebrow raised before sitting down next to him. “Yo, dude don’t worry. If this Tess person you keep ranting on about comes a-knocking ya know I have your back man.” He grinned at him, “And hey, if it makes you feel better, I’m sure ya can hold off one of Michael’s rocks in a fight.”

Max gave a small laugh as he remembered a few days back when Isabel, Alex and Liz went to hang with Maria, and Michael had joined him for ‘power practice’. But all he managed to do was crack some very small rocks. When Zan had tried to help him, he had just stormed out of the building.

“Yeah well… he has other things on his mind right now,” Max said with a small sigh. He had tried so hard to get Michael to tell him… everytime they had hung out, which admittedly wasn’t has often as he would have liked, he had tried to say how a relationship with everything out in the open was so great. But Michael wouldn’t have any of it. Max couldn’t help but think that Michael had really only been protecting himself.

“Ah yeh…M…Maria right?” Zan asked. Max gave a short laugh as Zan replied, “Well… I’m sure things will work out. He’ll just have to do some serious begging man.”

Max gave a little grunt that said he wasn’t so sure. They sat there in silence for a moment before Zan said, “Yo, can I ask ya summat?”

Max looks towards him, “Sure.”

“So… you guys went to England to find your other destiny right?”

“Right.”

Zan raised an eyebrow, “And Michael and Isabel just decided to come with you?”

Max sighed, “Well I said I was gonna go… and Isabel kinda flipped.” He gave a small smile, “But when she had calmed down, she just said, “Then I’m coming with you… you’re going no where without me.” So Michael, who to be honest didn’t get on with anyone besides us said he we had to stick together as a unit.” Max looked at the floor and said, “I don’t know what I would have done with out them.”

“So you guys just, went to a uni and Liz just happened to be there too?”

“Well I was doing some research and I figured London was the best place to start so I started looking at universities and I went on the website for it and I just… I just felt I had to go. So I told Isabel and Michael and then they said they would come too.”

Zan raised his eyebrow. “I thought Tess came with you guys too?”

Max sighed. “She did. She said whether I was going, she was going. That this other destiny was obviously something that had gone wrong with the book and that we were meant to be together. We had a thing once… when we had just found the book. But I never really felt anything for her in that way.”

“But you did for Liz?”

Max nodded, “Yeah… way before I even found out she was the one I was looking for… I just… I just knew.”

There was silence for a moment before Max looked at Zan.

“So you and your Tess…”

“Ava.” Zan interrupted.

Max gave a little nod and continued, “So are you and Ava a couple?”

Zan sighed and looked at the far wall opposite them. It was an abandoned warehouse that Zan had found a while ago that he figured would be a good place for practice.

“Sorry, you don’t have to answer if ya want…” Max said seeing Zan’s somewhat sad impression.

“It’s ok yo,” Zan said slowly, still looking at the wall. “I love her but… I don’t think she’s ever really loved me back.” He swallowed for a moment before saying, “I know she cares and we’re close but… I don’t know. Sometimes I think she wants us to be together because she’s scared to look elsewhere… but I get the feeling she wants to.”

Zan stopped for a moment and then decided this conversation was too awkward for him so he said, “Can I ask ya something else?”

Max nodded, looking back at the floor.

“When she was in the chair… I’m guessing you guys couldn’t … bump uglies.”

Max swallowed feeling awkward about this conversation and said, “Uh… we might have been able to but we… we didn’t try. I didn’t want to hurt her.”

Zan looked at him and said, “And in this past week you say you’ve barely seen her?”

Max nods slowly.

“Sorry man but… I have to ask…why on earth are ya here then?” Max looked up at Zan as he continued. “I mean, you have a girlfriend you love right? You didn’t do it before yeh, but ya can now. And instead you’re with ya dupe to learn your powers that ya’ve had all ya life?”

Max swallowed and said quietly, “I… I want to protect her.”

“Dude, you know if ya keep pushing ya self ya won’t have any power when ya need it.”

Max swallowed knowing that it was probably true. “I’m flattered ya wanna spend time with me dude but… I’m not going anywhere yo.”

Max looked at him for a moment before a slow smile crept on to his face.

Liz sat down at the crash in her usual booth, Michael following just behind her. He stood awkwardly next to the table before saying, “I’m just going to be over there… this is okay with you right? I’ll be able to see you and everything.”

Liz smiled at him, “Michael I’m a big girl. I’ll be fine. Stop worrying, you’re beginning to sound like Max.”

Michael made a little grimace and Liz laughed at him for a moment. But Michael didn’t smile back. Liz sighed and said, “Really Michael… I’ll be fine. I’m more worried about you and who you’re going to sit with than I am about me.”

Michael raised an eyebrow. “Liz, I thought you said you weren’t gonna judge her.”

“Yeh well…” She looked over at the person who was waiting for Michael. “I just… she’s… well I’m worried that’s all.” She looked up at him. “She’s probably lovely, but I just… I can’t…”

Michael nodded, “I understand Liz. Who would want to sit with a girl who has the exact same appearance to a girl who tried to kill you?”

Liz ruffled her nose slightly, “Thanks for bringing that up…”

“Sorry…” Michael said nervously. “Liz are you sure you’ll…”

Liz sighed and looked at him, “Michael I know you feel guilty that you didn’t tell Maria earlier and I know your pushing some of the protectiveness your feeling for Maria and the baby on me.” She gave him a small smile. “Trust me…I’m fine. And hey… just in case anything happens…here…”

She took out her sunglasses and put them over her eyes. “There…now no one will see me.”

Michael rolled his eyes at her before walking over towards his awaiting lunch guest.

“Hey…” Michael said as he sat down on the seat opposite her.

“Hi…” She said nervously.

“I hope you don’t mind this… I just figured since Zan is busy wearing Max out, I figured I should talk to one of you… and Zan said that I should speak to you so…”

Ava nodded a little before looking away slightly and saying, “Yo…its fine. Not a prob man.”

Michael looked over at Liz who seemed to be perusing the menu before turning back to Ava.

“Ava, I just thought you should know that…” He swallowed before saying, “We’re gonna find it hard to trust you.”

Ava looked up at him slowly. “Because of my dupe, yo?” She nodded, her eyes looking back down at the table. “Zan mentioned it ta me.”

“What exactly did he tell you?” Michael asked carefully.

“Zan said she was a physco that wanted Max and would do anything for him, including kill.” She looked up at him again, making eye contact before saying, “Is that right yo? Is that what ya think?”

Michael looked at her for a moment before saying, “ Basically, yeah…”

Ava nodded and looked down once more. Feeling he should say more Michael said, “Basically she killed someone, framed my friend Liz over there…” he said gesturing towards her, “…And then tried to kill her in prison.”

Ava swallowed and said, “So ya guys don’t believe in destiny huh?”

“No.” Michael said shortly. “We believe we should be able to live the lives we choose.” He paused and then said, “But you guys do believe in destiny.”

There was a moment of silence between the two before Ava looked up at him and said, “Yes.” She looked down and swallowed, “Some of us more than others, but…yes. We do.”

“Don’t you think we should be able to choose rather than having a stupid…”

“Good morning!”

Michael looked round as he saw that waiter again. He had taken Liz here everyday for the past week, before she went to go and see Maria, and everyday this guy seemed to be serving. Clearly he doesn’t have a life… Michael thought to himself.

“Welcome to the crashdown. Can I get you guys a drink?”

“Yeah a coke and a…” He looked over at Ava.

But he was surprised to find that she was looking down. On further inspection, she almost seemed to be… was that a blush?

“Water please…” she murmured quietly, still not daring to look up.

Kyle nodded, “I’ll be right back.”

Kyle walked back to the counter sighing to himself. Everyday, the same old boring story. He had come all the way to America to make sure he wasn’t destined to become a captain like his father, and his grandfather, and his father’s grandfather…

But when he got here… what did he end up doing? He ended up waiting tables, that’s what. He sighed as he looked over to a girl at a booth and smiled to himself. She had been all that could make him smile recently. And he didn’t even know her name. Normally she had a guy in here with him, a guy that up to today he had automatically assumed was her boyfriend. But today he was sitting with a blonde girl with pink highlights.

Men, Kyle decided. He would be the first to admit that guys never seemed to pick the right women. But there was something about this brunette. Something that just made him think that he was meant to be at this silly, alien themed café and meet her. He could have sworn the first day he saw her she was in a wheel chair but… maybe he was confused. After all he did serve a lot of customers…

But he could have sworn that he pacifically thought about that beautiful girl in the wheelchair…

He shrugged himself as he realised that he was just standing there, taking side glances at the brunette and not actually doing his job. Quickly he got the drinks, and walked back over to them. As he approached the table he heard the girl say, “So tell me bout yaself.”

“Here we are…” Kyle said brightly as he put down there drinks in front of them. “Can I get you anything else?”

Michael looked towards Ava who seemed to have buried her head in her menu. He looked back towards Kyle and said, “Uh, a Saturn rings please and…”

Ava swallowed and said, “Nowt ta…”

Michael leaned in and said quietly, “I’m buying…”

Ava looked up at him carefully and then said slowly, “I’ll have the same…”

Kyle nodded cheerfully and said, “Okay, 2 saturn rings coming up.”

Humming to himself he walked away from the table once more and put in the order. He looked at his watch and realised it was time for his lunch break. He swallowed as he put in his order for a burger before looking back at the brunette. Would it be too forward to ask if he could sit with her?

Before he knew what he was doing he headed towards her and said, “Hi…”

Liz looked up and smiled and then said, “Can I have an alien blast please…” She looked at his name tag quickly, “…Kyle.” He smiled and nodded. “Yeah sure, uh… I hope you don’t mind me asking but... I’m about to go on my lunch break and I….” He looked down at his feet nervously, “I was wondering if I could join you?”

Liz’s eyes widened in surprise. “Uh…” she said, not sure what to say. She had seen him around at the Crashdown – actually he seemed to be every day. But it wasn’t as if Tess or an alien could like, change there appearance… right?

“Yeah sure…” she said carefully. It wasn’t as if she was doing anything but worry about Maria, and Max and well… pretty much everyone, including of she was honest, even herself.

Kyle smiled, “Great well… I’ll go get your alien blast and my order and I’ll be right back.” He smiled as he headed away. Liz watched him leave with curiosity. He seemed nice enough. But maybe she shouldn’t have said yes… she and her friends were only trouble after all… but no one coming to get her now. She could eat with a perfectly normal guy.

She watched as Kyle went and gave Ava and Michael their orders. Ava… she knew she should probably give her the benefit of the doubt but… every time she looked at her she was reminded of Tess keeping her against the wall…

She shuddered as she forced herself to look away. Her thoughts turned instead to Maria. She had said that she wanted Liz to come a lot later today. Apparently Maria had decided she wanted to speak to an ‘alien’ about… well everything. Which according to Maria left her two choices; one that would probably end up saying exactly what Liz had already told her… or Isabel.

So Liz and Alex were told to come by later. Liz had asked Alex to come with her since Michael was going to talk to Ava, but Alex said he had some reading to do. She wasn’t sure how well the whole, Isabel/Maria thing would go, but she could only hope that she calmed Maria’s nerves rather than get her more scared.

Then of course, she was also worrying about Max. He always looked exhausted by the time he got back from ‘practising’ with Zan. Since the day she refers to as the “apocalypse” (or in other words the day the dupes entered, she could walk; Michael and Maria broke up etc) she had been thinking about something and… well she couldn’t exactly get it out of her head.

But maybe Max didn’t want to. They had been sharing a bed for a week now… and she understood. She really did but… she felt weird walking around, and if she was honest she had kept her… needs at bay since they had been together. They had agreed that they probably shouldn’t… and Liz had never…

She sighed. There was no point in thinking about this. When things settled down… that was the time to think about it.

“Hey again…”

Liz looked up and smiled at Kyle as he put down her alien blast in front of her. Then, to her surprise, he also gave her a Saturn rings. He smiled, “On the house…”

Liz smiled as he sat down opposite her, “Thanks…” She held out her hand to him. “I’m Liz… Liz Parker.”

Kyle froze for a small second. So this was Liz Parker…

Realising he was staring; he quickly shook her hand and smiled. “Well you know who I am…” he said flicking his name badge. She smiled at him before saying, “Uh… yeah, Kyle.” She bit her lip before saying, “Listen Kyle, I uh… I think I should tell you that I have a boyfriend…”

Kyle smiled, “I figured… the best ones do.” He smiled at her, “That guy over there right?” He said pointing across the Crashdown. Liz looked slowly round and saw Michael on his cell. She looked back at Kyle and laughed. “Michael? Oh no… no he’s not. He’s my best friend’s… well… he’s the father of her kid.”

Kyle raised an eyebrow, “Oh… okay…” He bit his lip before saying, “Can I ask you something?”

Liz nodded, “Sure…”

Kyle took a bite of his food and said, “Ok this is gonna sound… really stupid but… I could have sworn the first time you came here, that you were in a wheelchair.”

Liz swallowed for a moment, trying to think of something to say. “I…” She looked down at the onion rings in front of her. “I… I’ve been slowly getting better after an accident. I didn’t have enough strength that first time but I… I do now.”

“Oh…” Kyle said. “Wow, well that’s cool.” He smiled at her, “So Liz, I’m guessing your not local?” he said knowing that she wasn’t.

“No, I’m here with some friends for the summer. Two of my friends and I are from England, and our friends are from here.”

Kyle nods, “Oh cool.” He smiled at her, “So how long are you…”

“Liz?”

Liz looked round at the door and smiled at Max as he came towards her, grinning from ear to ear. As soon as he reached the table he leant down and gave her a long kiss. Kyle swallowed and looked down. As Max stood up straight again, he looked at her companion, and raised an eyebrow. “Kyle?”

Kyle swallowed, “Hey Max…”

Liz looked between the two of them confused. “Max?” she said standing up and leaning against his body. “What’s going on?”

Max smiled at her and took her hand, “I see you’ve met Captain Valenti’s son.”

Liz looked back at Kyle, remembering what Max had told her over the past week. Kyle Valenti…

“Oh… hi Kyle.” She swallowed, before looking at Max. “So um… what are you doing here?”

Max smiled, “I was hoping I could interest you in spending some time with me?”

Liz immediately nodded, feeling a bit weird about talking to Captain Valenti’s son… and he did ask about her when he may well have already known a lot more than she had told him, but also longing to spend time with him. Max smiled and looped his arm around her. Quickly he fished some money out of his pocket and put it down on the table. “See ya Valenti.”

Kyle nods, “Bye Max…Liz.”

Max gave a little nod to Michael as he walked Liz out of the Crashdown.

Isabel sat on the chair in the corner of the room watching Maria, who in turn was watching her. Isabel swallowed and said, “Maria… I know this is awkward, but I... I don’t know what else you want me to tell you.”

Maria sat there for a moment and said, “Liz gave me the facts… I want the details.” She swallowed and said, “I want to know the stuff Liz glossed over… why you are here. When did you get here… how did you find each other… I need to know absolutely everything if I am going to bring a… a foreign baby into the world.”

Quite rightfully, Maria was terrified. She wanted reassurance. She had been having nightmares about her baby coming out and then killing her with some sort of taser.

Isabel bit her lip at the word ‘foreign’. She wasn’t sure that she would have preferred if she had said ‘alien’. But was she just hiding herself from the truth?

Isabel paused for a long moment before saying, “We don’t know where we’re from. We don’t know why we’re here.”

Maria sighed in frustration. Isabel felt awkward being here, truth betold. She and Maria had never really spent time alone together. Let alone had a heart to heart. “Maria, I’m sorry but I suspect Liz has told you everything…”

“When did you know you were different?” Maria interrupted.

“I don’t really know… I think I always knew.”

Maria laid back in the bed. “Thanks, so helpful…”

Isabel sighed and said, “Maria, I know you don’t want me to talk about him but…”

“Then don’t then!” Maria snapped quickly.

Isabel swallowed and said, “Maria, Michael loves you.”

“I said don’t talk about him!!”

There was an awkward silence before Maria suddenly said, “So when are you going to tell Alex.”

Isabel swallowed, “Maria I’m going to tell him..”

“Going to isn’t an answer. I said when.”

Isabel sat there for a moment before saying, “Maria I know you’re not going to believe me but I do intend on telling him before the end of the week. I know he needs to know and you want to talk to him about all this…”

“To damn right…” Maria muttered as she slowly tried to sat up. Isabel quickly got up and helped her and once Maria was standing up right Isabel swallowed and said, “Maria, I love him.”

Maria locked eyes with Isabel and immediately knew she meant it. Isabel continued, “I’m going to tell him… I’m going to tell him by the end of the week. I promise you Maria.”

Maria gave her a faint smile, and a little nod. “Well… guess I’m the only one without a nice alien partner then…” she said as she looked away for a moment.

“Maria…” she said sighing, looking away for a moment before looking back at Maria and seeing her face was pale. “Maria?”

Maria swallowed, “Isabel, call an ambulance.”

Isabel’s eyes widened as she said, “Wh…what?”

Maria looked at Isabel and said slowly, “It’s started…”

The blondes just stood there for a moment motionless before Maria broke the silence saying, “I SAID CALL ME AN AMBULANCE!”
Last edited by madroswellfan on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.