Man Eaters (AU, CC, Mature/Adult) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

((not the best first post but eh))

Maria

Why is it that people always have to be so damn jealous of the haves? I mean I don't walk around pitying the have nots, do I? Of course I don't. Sure there are people who could argue it's only because I don't have the time and that I'm just not that sympathetic of a person but who cares, being one of those losers who go around wanting to save everyone blows. I've been there, I've been in a position where I only had three bucks, a back pack full of everything I owned and no where but a street corner to turn to.

And look at me now, I'm living proof that if there's something you want, if you want it badly enough then it doesn't matter who you are, where you are, what's in your way or even how much money you have, you can make it happen. I mean look at my shopping for the day, I've just finished buying the most esquisite mesh bracelet, the prettiest pair of drop earrings but then I had to go and buy yet another ring. Rings are my obsession, I swear I spend more money on rings then I bags and shoes put together, it's pretty sad really. I also splurged and bought another bag, seriously people should tie my up and take away my plastics.

Even if I think I'd die. I pull out my reciept, ugh I know I'm going to get yelled at by my money manager bitch again, she says spending $11795 on a few frivilous things is stupid. I don't even want to go into the fact that she can't afford to spend that much and if she could then she wouldn't be complaining, right? Why do I pay someone to stare at my money and tell me how stupid I am for spending it on things they don't think I need? i mean couldn't I like get that for free?

Pulling out my car keys I press the buttons and hop in, driving the long distance to the place I share with my girls I park and go inside, telling Lilly hey on the way in.
emmylala
Addicted Roswellian

Post by emmylala »

Name: Kyle Valenti
Status: Kyle is the only child of Texas oil tycoons, Jim and Abigail Valenti. As a child Kyle had been sent away to school and as a result never quite developed that ubiquitous southern drawl most Texans are notorious for. Although from time to time, a hint of it might creep up. After graduating college at the top of his class, Kyle returned to Austin to work along side his father at his company. When a tragic accident cut his parent's lives short, Kyle inherited the multi billion-dollar Oil Empire and became one of the richest men in the world. Kyle is the epitome of the southern gentleman, but don't let his polite manner fool you, Kyle is also very much the sweet talking, jet-setting playboy. Kyle works very hard and likes to enjoy the fruits of his labor. Every possible luxury is afforded to this very handsome and very eligible bachelor, and he does not hesitate to indulge. He has no intention of settling down any time soon and refuses to be suckered by anyone, least of all a woman.
Motto: Work hard, play harder.
Quote: Keep your friends close and your wallet closer.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

it's short and not funny but that's all I managed from work

ALEX

"Mr. Whitman, Billy G. called again."

Surpressing a groan, I turn to my secretary, "Thanks Gina, I call him back later … tomorrow probably." before dismissing Mr. Gates's call again. I swear, since my firm "Whitscorp. Inc." became national leader in selling statistics, he's calling twice a week because of an "urgent issue". Urgent, my ass, he's just whining and trying to make me unsterstand that Windows Explorer 7.5 isn't as bad as it seems and that I should let him buy half of my firm.

Wimp!

I should probably be more kind to him since he's a geek and I'm a geek but at least I'm a geek with class and not wearing such aweful glasses. He's a shame for us computer geeks.

"Gina, I'm leaving for today." I tell my secretary on the way out. "Please check with Mr. Sellinger if the meeting tomorrow is still standing and when you are finished with the sales statistics for February 2005, you can leave too."

"Thank you Mr. Whitman. Have a nice evening."

So, now that I'm free for tonight, where should I go? Maybe I should stop at the gym or at Paulino's (couldn't think of another name) for a drink. One of the guys will surely be at one of the two.

Getting into my Lamborghini, I decide that Paulino's is the place to be.
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

~Michael~

"Hey Paulino, another double." I say raising my shot glass. This was my usual hangout after work. I didn't have to work mall security. Could have stayed home all day every day just lounging around but what good would that do me? Life was boring enough without adding to it.

This was my home away from home. I'm not a big drinker but I love the atmosphere. don't come in here and pour out my sorrows. No need to. I can listen to Paulino pour out his any time I want and believe me, he does. He's had it pretty rough. His wife died of cancer, his kids want nothing to do with hiim, his car just got repossessed and someone killed his dog. His life story sounds like a bad country song.

"This place sucks Michael. It's like it's sucking the life out of me. You think I wanted to be a bartender? No, I wanted to be an architect. But that all went out the window when she left and I had the choice of either get off the pot or drown in the shit. This used to be a warehouse you know. I made it what it is and now I can't stand to show up every day. I need to get out of this town."

I think about everything he's saying though I hear the same things every night. I can practically recite it word for word. Although it does give me an idea.

"So when you gonna sell me this place Paulie?"

"You don't want it Michael. It'll suck the life right out of you before you konw what happened."

"I'm not worried Paulie. I don't have a life to suck out."

"Why you wan't this place? You got a death wish?"

"Damn Paulie, I thought I was pessimistic but shit man, you beat me! How can you not love this place?"

"Come on Michael. I come in here every night and hear everyone's sob stories over and over again. It's just a constant reminder."

"So sell it to me. Get out, do something different. Hell, go, become an architect like you always wanted to."

"Man, that's tempting. Let me think about it."

"Well while you're at it, bring me my double."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

great post :)

ALEX

Walking into the bar, I stop for a moment to take in the different smells of sweat, smoke (yes, you are allowed to smoke in Paulino's ... till the cops come to check in, that is), alcohol and Paulie's famous snacks.

Looking around, I spot one Mr. Guerin, having his usual flirt with Paulie. I just reach Michael when Paulie is about to leave and hurry up a bit to make my order.

"Coffe and a Tom Collins, please Paulie." I tell the older man with a smile.

"Comin' up."

"Hey Michael." I say while sitting down, noticing that he's once again wearing a dark suit and a dark shirt. I don't think that I ever saw him in a light suit or shirt.

"Coffee and a Tom Collins?" Michael asks with raised eyebrows.

"Hey, I couldn't decide which one first." I answer with a shrug. "When did you come here?"

I don't know how the guys could have met :oops: so I'm leaving that to someone else, kay? :oops:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

(Thank you!)

~Michael~

"Oh probably about forty five minutes or so ago. You're early today. I take it Mr. G wasn't tying up the phone lines?"

Alex really needed a break. I have never seen anyone our age work as hard as Alex did and it showed on his face. The bags under his eyes were a dead give away. But that's not him. He could be on the verge of death and still work a ten hour day. It was one of the things I admired about him.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

ALEX

I give a small laugh at Michael's question and then stifle a yawn.

"Oh believe me, he did call. But when I think back on how many problems I had with my Windows as a teenager, I believe it's only fair to have him wait a bit. Besides, he'll only ask about buying Whitscorp and the answer is no, so ... it's not really somethign that has to be dealt with immediately."

Taking my tie off, I look around a bit. Not much going on so far but the place will surely be packed in two hours.

"Any idea where the other two are?" I ask, refering to Max and Kyle. "Work? Gym? Oh, sorry for not asking earlier but how has your day been? Everything going smoothly?"

He seems pretty relaxed but you never know since sometimes, trouble seems to not bother Michael at all.
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
emmylala
Addicted Roswellian

Post by emmylala »

Kyle

As I make my way down the street, my Burberry trench coat flailing in the wind, I catch a glimpse of my reflection in one of the storefront windows and I stop to admire the lord's handy work. After a few satisfying glances, I tear myself away from myself and continue on down the street. I hardly ever walk anywhere anymore, but since I needed to take my car into the dealer anyway, I figured why not. Paulino's is about three blocks away from the Aston Martin dealer and the fresh air would do me good.

I search my left coat pocket and retrieve my Blackberry from it. I skimp through the financial news as I stand at the corner waiting for the light to change and move on to my portfolio page. I check the company's stock and find that it's gone up by $3 a share. A smile spreads across my face as I put my Blackberry back into my pocket and realize that I've just made my shareholders and myself a whole lot of money.

The light changes to red as my cell phone rings, retrieving it from my right pocket, I put it to my ear and answer "Valenti!" As I cross the street I admire a statuesque blonde crossing in the opposite direction, she looks at me and smiles and as she does so, whips her hair back in the playful way women do when trying to get a man's attention. I offer a gentlemanly nod and smile back.

"VOE Inc. just shot up three dollars a share..." the voice on the other end says excitedly. It's Tucker, my well meaning, if not over zealous financial analyst. "...its the largest jump in the stock's price since you took Valenti Oil Enterprises public" he adds, as though this were news to me.

"Yeah Tuck I know, I just looked it up" I say, now admiring a raven haired Latina in a Mercedes E300. Nice!

"Oh…" Tucker says, with an air of disappointment at not being the one to tell me of this very profitable news. I ask if I've had any calls since I'd left the office, "Hang on" he says as he checks with my secretary "Nope, none"

"Ok, Tuck…I'm out, I'll see you tomorrow" I say, "Later boss" he replies as he hangs up. As yet another light changes to green, I stop and press a button on my phone and say the command "Whit's Office", my phone repeats my command and begins to dial. A female, Alex's secretary, answers the phone "Alex Whitman's Office" she says in a sultry tone.

"Hey there peaches…" I greet her playfully "Is he in?" I add.

"Oh, Mr. Valenti…" she replies and even through the phone I can tell she's blushing "Please, call me Kyle" I say "Oh, ok…Kyle" she says, clearing her throat nervously "I'm sorry, he just left for the day, shall I leave him a message?" she asks hopefully. "No, that's fine...I know where to find him" I reply "Now don't you go workin to hard, you hear?" I say, in a subtle southern twang, which I only use, on occasion. She giggles girlishly "Ok, Mister.... I mean Kyle" she says, still giggling slightly "Buh bye now" I say as I end the call.

I walk up to Paulino's and spot two familiar cars, Michael's and as I suspected Alex's. As I open the front door I immediately spot Michael and Alex sitting at the bar. As I walk up to them, I say "My brotha's" while extending my hand to each of them in turn. I take off my coat to reveal my Brooks Brothers suit and swing my coat over the back of the empty chair next to Alex. I offer Paulie my hand and shake "How's it hangin Paulie?" I ask. Paulie looks down at his crotch area, laughs and then looks back at me and says "Barely". We all laugh as I order my drink "Southern Comfort and Coke" I say, Paulie smacks the bar and says "Of course, coming right up". I look over at Alex who's got a cup of coffee and a glass of Tom Collins sitting in front of him "That's just nasty" I say shaking my head as Paulie brings me my drink. ”Cheers” I say, lifting my glass. Michael and Alex follow suit. I put my glass down and look around the bar, someone’s missing "So, where's Dr. Evans?"
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

ALEX

I shake my head sadly, my two "brothas" obviously don't know how tasty my drink combination actually is. I think I might stick to it from now on. Grinning at Kyle's "performance" I take a sip from my cocktail before answering Kyle's question.

"Well, he's either still at work playing knight in shining armor to some damsels in distress or in the gym getting in shape or flirting with a nurse." Sighing, I add, "But honestly, I don't know and doubt that I'm right with my guesses."

"Oh well, he'll probably come sooner or later." Kyle says with a shrug, looking around.

"Any interesting tips for me?" I ask casually after a moment. Yep, believe it or not, I'm stupid enough to trust Kyle with a part of my money.

"Could you two stop talking about working?" Michael sighs in mock annoyance. "After all we are here for fun, aren't we?"

"Yeah," I snort, "if you look carefully to the left, you can spot some chicks checking you out and pointing at you, or us."
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Tess*

I stare out the window of the Penthouse apartment I share with my three closest friends. Gazing at the magnificant view before me I feel very thankful that I dated that realter. He got us a miraculous deal on this place. Thinking back dreamily, I turn back to my canvas. Trying to capture the scene before me is not an easy task, but Tessa Harding is always up for a challenge!

I grab a brush and instantly I am home. I cannot describe the feeling I get when I am painting. It's like the world goes away and I can be who I truly am. No questions or exceptions. Right now I am working with my friends in the book business. I brush a stray curl away from my face as I try to concentrate. Someday I hope to be an illustrator ,but right now I just feel fortunate for my current status. Which is a lot different from the one I had growing up.

Being the baby of the group I quickly got the reputation as the rebel. Which nevertheless could explain why I skipped work today. Needing a distaction from these demanding thoughts I turn up the music. Yay! It's Nickelback. (One of my favorite bands!) My last conquest took me to see them in concert twice. I dumped him once the IRS caught up with him. Pity. He was loaded. Forcing these thoughts from my mind, I sing along bobbing my head for emphasis.

"So what I did it, I admit it, and I pleading the fifth!"

I can barely hear the phone ringing in the background. I turn the music down and search for the insistant phone. Catching it just before the machine picks up I answer.

"Lo!" I say panting.(Hey! I didn't put the phone in between the couch cushions. If you had been searching frantically you'd be breathless too!)

"Bad time?" A familiar voice chuckles. It is Chance. My latest project. He is a movie director who is worth millions.

"Never for you." I say seductively. Give me a week. This guy will be eating out of the palm of my hand.

He gives me a full hearted laugh and continues. "I need your help with something?"

Great I just met the guy two days ago and he already wants something.

"Business or Pleasure?" I ask sweetly.

"Business." He states.

"Serious or Monkey?" I say mockingly.

He can't help but crack up at my kooky sense of humor.

"Serious. For now."

It seems important to him. I pull my black Guns and Roses Tee over my holy jeans. (These are my favorite designer holy jeans)

I hear the front door opening so I put down my brush and turn to see a friendly face. I smile at one of my bestest friends as I say into the phone,

"Sorry, Sparky ,but I gotta go!" I hang up with no explanation and walk towards her. I'm sure what he needed wasn't that important.

She smirks at me and questions, "Chad?"

"Chance." I correct her. Hmmm. His name is Chance isn't it? Umm. Oh well.

OOC I hope my first post is okay. I am leaving it up to you as to who wants to be the friend that comes in. If none of you wants it to be you I can make someone up.

Song: " Learn how to Crawl" By: NickelBack
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment