Behind Her Eyes (AU,M/L,ADULT)Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Chapter 20

An hour later, the decorations were hung. The food was ordered and being delivered. The children were on their way. Tess was even able to get some entertainment. Of course Michael, Max and Kyle weren’t that excited about it as Maria and Tess, but it was for a good cause so they sucked it up.

Liz hadn’t come downstairs yet. Max knew she was still upset, that much he could feel and he was glad that she wasn’t blocking him completely.

“Boy, I wish when I had a birthday party, I got an XBox and ten games, new sneakers…a five hundred dollar gift certificate for clothes. Damn, I was shafted!” Michael said and Tess threw a balloon at his face.

“Michael, these kids don’t have anything.”

“I know, I was only kidding. I think it’s a great thing that Liz does.”

“Yeah, she donates a lot of time and money to children. It’s important to her. In fact, on Sunday she has a benefit she organizes every six months to help raise money for children who were mentally or physically abused and their mothers. She hopes to be able to educate woman and give them a place to go if they need help. She plans on opening the very first of many centers for abused women and children early next year.” Maria finished smiling brightly. She was so proud of Liz and all that she hoped to accomplish.

Max’s heart swelled at the kindness in Liz’s heart. He knew that whatever it was that happened to her, he needed to figure it out soon. He wanted to give Maria and Kyle back their best friend. Most importantly, he wanted to give Liz want she had wanted…to be happy again.

“I’ll just go upstairs and get Liz.” Max said while the others finished putting the final touches on everything. They had just finished wrapping the presents. The gift bags were all stuffed and ready to go.

Max made his way upstairs to her room. He knocked softly but she didn’t answer. He knew she was in there. “Liz, it’s me can I come in?” He received no answer. He decided to open the door. What he saw inside broke his heart.

“Liz.” He whispered out her name, but she didn’t move. She was sitting the center of her bed rocking back and forth, crying. He approached her slowly. He didn’t want to startle her.

“Baby, look at me.” Max framed her face, but she didn’t respond. She wasn’t in the room with him; she was somewhere else.

“Liz. Liz!” She finally snapped out of her dazed state.

“Max.” She threw herself in his arms. He rocked her until she calmed down.

“You okay?”

“Yes…I am now. I’m sorry.”

“For what Liz? You didn’t do anything wrong.” Max ran his hands through her hair softly.

“I messed up. I should have remembered and I didn’t. It was important.”

“Its okay, people forget Liz.” She just shook her head, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“No, I just…” What was she doing? She couldn’t tell him. He would leave her if he knew. No, he could never know the truth. He wouldn’t want her.

“What?” Max asked he felt her pull away from him.

“Nothing. I have to go to the orphanage.”

“No, you don’t. The kids are on their way already.” Max smiled at her knowing she would be happy to hear the news.

“What? But how?” Liz was a little shocked.

“Michael, Tess and I pitched in and got it done. Now, go wash your face. I’ll meet you downstairs.”

“Thank you.” Max leaned down and kissed her lips softly. Knowing he needed more, but they didn’t have time, he decided he could wait until later.

The party was a success. They kids loved it; they were thrilled with the massive dunk tank. They each got chances to try and dump Max, Kyle and Michael while Tess, Maria and Liz watched, laughing their asses off and taking pictures.

“I still can’t believe it!” Liz said, entering the living room with a bag of marshmallows.

“That had to be the funniest thing in the world.” She said plopping down next to Max on the couch.

“I know! I can’t wait to develop the pictures. It’s gonna be great!” Maria said.

“Look Blondie, I don’t know why you took those pictures.” Michael said snatching the bag of chips from Maria’s hands.

“Oh Michael, just so I could stare at your half naked body every night of course.” She winked, snatching the bag back from him.

“I’m sensing some sexual tension in the room.” Kyle said as he stood up. “Where are you going?” Tess asked when she saw Kyle looking like he was getting ready to leave.

“I’m actually really tired. I’m gonna head home to relax. You want to come with?” He asked her and she jumped off the couch. “Yes!”

Both Max and Michael quirked their eyebrows at one another at Tess’ eager response. Apparently, Tess had found something in Kyle she liked. They were both happy for her. She had already called Jeremy. He didn’t take the news too well, but decided that they could still be friends.

“Goodnight guys! See you…whenever.” Tess called as Kyle practically dragged her out of the house.

“Well, someone was in a rush.” Michael said while stuffing chips in his mouth. Max just laughed.

“Liz?”

“Yeah Maria?”

“Can I talk to you for a few minutes outside?” Liz just nodded and excused herself from the room.

“Oh no…I hope they don’t scratch each other’s eyes out.” Michael joked and Max just threw a marshmallow at him.

“You know Maxwell, I don’t appreciate people constantly throwing things at me.”

“Then stop saying some stupid shit and we won’t,” Max said while popping a marshmallow in his mouth.

After they were both seated by the pool, Maria turned to Liz. She didn’t like the fact that they argued or that she had said those mean things to her.

“I’m sorry Liz. I shouldn’t have…”

“No Maria, I’m the one that owes you an apology. I should have remembered, but I got so caught up in Max that I just…everything else kind of just faded into the background.”

“Liz, I’m not going to pretend to know what’s wrong with you. I just want you back. I want the Liz that I see when you’re with Max. I see it in your eyes Liz, you’re falling for him and I couldn’t be happier.” Maria reached out a hand to her friend.

“That’s just it. I can’t fall for him. He thinks he wants me but he won’t.” Liz wasn’t make a damn bit of sense to Maria at that point.

“Liz, what are you talking about?” Liz stood up and began pacing in front of her friend.

“Me! He won’t want me! Once he knows, he won’t want to be with me. He won’t want to love me. He’ll just leave and I’ll be all alone again.” Liz finished sadly looking up at the night sky.

“I don’t know how to help you here Liz. I want to help but how can I if you won’t tell me what happened?”

“I’m sorry but I can’t tell you…I can’t tell anyone, so don’t ask me.”

“Look, I’m sorry about today but I just need to be alone right now.” Liz said bending down giving Maria a quick hug and kiss on the cheek and made her way back inside.

Maria didn’t move; she was worried for Liz. Whatever it is that’s bothering her, it was eating her alive from the inside out. She needed to find a way to stop it.

“Maria? You ready to go?” Michael asked when he noticed Liz enter the living room and then excuse herself for the night.

“Maria?” Michael called for her again but she didn’t answer. He kneeled down next to her, noticing that she was crying. He just held her. He had no idea what to do, so he did the only thing he could think.

“Max!”

Max was sitting on the couch thinking about whether or not he should leave. Liz said she wanted to be alone but it just didn’t feel right to him. He then heard Michael’s voice call him from outside and ran to see what was wrong.

“Michael?” Max didn’t know what happened. Michael had Maria in his arms and she was crying.

“Maria, what’s wrong?” Max asked when he made his way over to stand next to them.

“L-Liz is…she’s just broken Max. You have to fix her. Can you do that? Can you fix her for me? I need her and I feel like she’s already gone. Just…help her Max.” Maria cried to him and it broke Michael and Max’s hearts to see her so distraught.

“I promise Maria.” He tried to smile reassuringly at her, hoping with all his heart that he could keep his promise.

TBC…A new part for this and Confessions will be posted on Saturday...so for all of you who celebrate...hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I got such an awesome christmas present from you guys this morning! And I wanted to say thank you so much, it really means a lot that you guys think that much of me!! Seriously I am so happy you can't see it...but trust me I am! You guys have been so great to me from the very start and I appreciate that more than you'll ever know!!!

Best Alternate Universe Writer
Most Improved Writer

NOW...on to the next chapter...I won't lie the next few parts are not going to be easy so you are forwarned...Also I have posted a new part to Confessions that I think you'll love!! *muah*

Chapter 21

After Michael and Maria left, Max climbed the long spiral staircase that led to the love of his life. Taking a deep breath when he reached the top step, he said a silent prayer that she would just open up to him.

Max was surprised upon entering her bedroom; she was nowhere to be found. Then, he heard a noise in the distance. Where was it coming from? He asked himself.

He turned and walked back from where he came, past the staircase and down the hall. When he reached the end of the hall, he heard it again; only this time, it was clearer. It was the sound of a piano.

Finally, he reached the door and turned the knob slowly. He peaked his head in and saw Liz sitting behind a white grand piano in the center of the room. He watched as she played the piano with such passion and sadness etched across her face. She was facing him but her eyes were closed.

She had gone into the room after leaving everyone downstairs. She just wanted the pain to stop. She wanted to feel like herself again, but she didn’t know how to do that.

She felt him approach and even though she knew it should feel weird to her, to be able to sense him, it was comforting. He was real and he was there for her. When he entered the room, she stopped playing.

“Don’t stop Liz…please don’t.” Max approached her slowly, kneeling down beside her. He reached his hand out to caress her face and she turned into his palm.

“I…” Max silenced her with his finger and rose up to his feet. He bent down and lifted her in his arms, taking her vacated seat. He then deposited her in his lap. He looked her in the eyes, willing her to tell him the truth, but she wasn’t ready. So, he decided to take another approach.

“That was beautiful; I didn’t know you knew how to play.” He wrapped his arms around her waist, not wanting to let her go.

“Thank you. I wrote it. It’s not done yet, but it will be soon. I don’t have any words for it either but soon, I hope. It’s kind of a long standing project for me.” Liz smiled despite her pain. She began to play with the collar of Max’s T-shirt as she continued.

“My mom taught me. She was a great pianist. It was her dream to play concert halls, but we didn’t have the money when I was younger. So, she worked…hard. My father left early on but not before they had the biggest fight of their lives. He b-broke both her hands, he said she would never get to play again, he would see to it. He thought she had too many dreams and dreams were for weak people. My father didn’t like weak people. I don’t know what made him leave but he did and I couldn’t have been happier. I made a promise to my mother while she lied on the floor crying that day; I promised her I would take care of her for the rest of her life.” Tears fell from Liz’s eyes steadily and Max wiped them away. His heart ached for her. He wished he could have been there to help her.

“It’s okay Max. There was nothing you could do. You didn’t even know me.” She tried to make him understand that feeling bad for her was not something she wanted. Max just nodded and let her finish.

“She recovered but not fully. She could only play for a few minutes at a time. I decided that I would learn to play, so that when she got older and she couldn’t, I would do it for her.” Liz couldn’t contain the ache in her heart. She missed her mother more than she could ever imagine she would.

“She must have loved you so much.” Max said caressing her arms.

“She did. She loved me good, bad and ugly.” Liz and Max both chuckled a little at that.

“Anyway, then she got sick and couldn’t play at all. We would come in here and sit for hours and just talk. I would play for her. When we didn’t do that, we would go out to the rose garden and I would read to her.”

“Liz?” Max didn’t want to be nosey but he wondered what exactly happened to her mother.

“Yeah?” Her brown eyes boring into his and it took his breath away. He almost forgot his question.

“What happened to her? I mean, she was sick but I mean…how?”

“She started smoking when she was thirteen and did everyday for well over forty years. At first, she thought she had a bad chest cold but the symptoms got worse. She refused to go to the doctor; I think she was scared. Anyway, I finally had the doctor come here. After some tests, they diagnosed her with having emphysema, but that’s not what killed her. She got caught pneumonia. Then because of the emphysema, her lungs couldn’t handle it; they gave out. She was on a respirator and slipped into a coma. She…she died two days later.” Liz couldn’t contain her tears any longer. She broke down and clung to Max.

Max felt guilty…so guilty. He knew that if he had known Liz sooner, he would have been able to save her mother. He told her as much.

“W-what do you mean?” Liz was confused. He had just told her that he could have healed her mother, and that he was so sorry that he wasn’t there.

“We…I have, I guess, what you would call powers. They’re special abilities that we all have, me, Tess, Michael and Isabel. My main ability is to heal. I should have tried to get to know you sooner. You wouldn’t have had to go through that. I’m just…I’m so sorry.” Liz wrapped her arms around him, kissing him deeply and letting the tears slip from her eyes. She couldn’t believe how great of a person he was.

“Thank you Max…for just saying that. Knowing that you would have done that is enough; more than you’ll ever know. I’m sure that using your abilities would have put you at risk. To know that you would have done that for me…for my mother, I can’t express to you how thankful I am for it.” Liz smiled softly, content in just being held by him…in the darkness of the room, surrounded by their thoughts. There wasn’t any other place she would have wanted to be. Just in his arms was enough.

“Liz?”

“Hmm?” Liz nuzzled closer to his chest, she was falling asleep.

“Can I ask you a question?” He asked hesitatingly. He didn’t want to upset her, but there was something that he had wanted to ask her since his first day at her house.

“Sure.”

“The butterflies, what do they mean?” Liz stiffened a little in his arms. She then slid off his lap, reaching her hand out to him.

“Come on, I want to show you something.” Liz led him out of the room and into the room across the hall. It was another room, like the cloud room, except this one was filled with butterflies. They were adorning the walls the curtains, even the rug. It was unlike anything Max had ever seen.

“Wow, Liz it’s amazing in here. I’ve never seen the rooms decorated the way you have them.” Liz just turned, smiled at him and led him into the center of the room. There were pillows on the floor as in the other room. She sat down and waited for him to join her.

“Max, I will tell you about the butterflies, but not tonight. I just…I need you to hold me. Can you do that?” She laid down and waited for his response. Max, without a second thought, laid down next to her, wrapping his arms around her.

He held her that way until she fell asleep. Shortly thereafter, he fell asleep with her.

The next morning, the light filtered through the room. Max rolled over and felt the spot next to him was empty. He cracked his eyes open and saw Liz sitting near the window. Leaning up on his elbow, he reached out to her.

“Morning.” Max smiled when she turned and tossed a smile over her shoulder at him. He would give anything to wake up with her for an eternity.

“Morning.” She had been up for a few minutes and after watching him sleep, she decided that she needed to just concentrate on something other than him. He was consuming her and she didn’t want to fight it. She knew that she had to; it was the only way.

“So, you want to know about the butterflies?” She asked him without turning around.

“Yes.” He laid back down, knowing that she wouldn’t be facing him to tell her story. Liz took in a deep breath and began.

“When I was younger, my mother used to tell me this story about butterflies. How each one was different and beautiful in its own right. She would try and make me understand that not everyone and everything started off perfect but with time, everyone and everything was beautiful to someone. She told me that just like butterflies, we also go through a metamorphosis. They all start out the same; not so cute, but then they turned into the most beautiful and unique creatures. She told me that I was beautiful, perfect and I was hers. I was her butterfly and that she wanted me to live, be free and not let anything hold me back. I let her down…I’m not who she wanted me to be. I’m not even who I wanted me to be.” Liz swiped the tears that fell from her eyes. She missed her mother more than words could ever describe.

“Liz. You are who your mother wanted you to be.”

“No…I’m not.” Liz disagreed fiercely, but Max wouldn’t let her put herself down any longer. He crawled over to her, wrapping his arms around her fragile frame.

“Yes, you are Liz. You’re strong and independent. You don’t need anyone taking care of you. You have succeeded in your career, but most of all, you have succeeded in your friendships. Liz, some people have no one but you…you have friends that care so much about you. I know that if you weren’t special, they wouldn’t care like they do; obviously you have been there for them and I know your mother would be proud of that.” Max whispered into her ear, wanting her to understand what he meant.

“Liz, you have no idea how beautiful you are. I know that, but you are the most beautiful person I have ever met; inside and out. I know your heart Liz and right now you’re going through something. I just wish you would let me help you.” Max pleaded softly to her.

“I don’t want your help or your pity.” Liz bit out. She didn’t want to talk about it. They were having a good time and he was just spoiling it now.

“It’s not pity Liz. I want to help you.” Max said sincerely.

“Why?”

“Because, I care about you.”

“Why? You shouldn’t Max. I’m not worth it.”

“Stop right there! You are worth it; stop putting yourself down.”

“It’s useless Max; I’m not going to tell you.”

“You know Liz if I wanted to, I could easily find out what you are hiding.”

“What are you talking about? Is that another one of your abilities? To read my thoughts, now that we are connected?”

“No, but all it takes is a moment to look deep enough.”

“No! You can’t! I don’t want you to! You can’t do it against my will!” Liz stood up and paced in front of him. He can’t know; he would never look at her the same way if he did.

“Liz, calm down. I’m not going to, but I’m telling you that it’s okay. No matter what it is, I’ll still be here for you. My feelings for you aren’t going to change.”

“I need some air. How about we just meet up later with everyone for dinner or something?” What a way to change the subject, he thought. He knew she wasn’t going to tell him and he didn’t have much longer to get her to do it either.

“Fine Liz, whatever you want. I’ll see you later.” Max placed a kiss on her cheek and left the house without another word. Liz, however, was screaming inside. She knew she could tell him, but then he would feel pity for her. That was something she just couldn’t deal with.

She had enough pity to last a lifetime. If she for just a moment felt his pity for her, it would destroy her. That’s why she knew he could never know the truth.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N Did I tell you guys that you are the best?! If I didn't I'm saying it now! Seriously though thank you!! I know these parts are getting difficult mainly because you want to take Liz and shake some damn sense into her but unfortunately it's not always that easy.

Chapter 22

Max went back to the hotel only to find it empty. There was a note however from Tess saying that she and Michael were going to spend the day with Maria and Kyle; if he needed them to call.

He threw the note on the coffee table and leaned back into the couch. He slept great last night but this morning was stressful. He needed someone to talk to and knew just the person.

“Hi Iz.”

“Max, hi! What’s going on little brother?” Isabel could sense the tension in his voice, but decided to let him tell her if there was something bothering him.

“I need to talk to you Iz, it’s serious.” Max said laying down on the couch with his eyes closed.

“Okay, go ahead.” Isabel leaned back into the bed and waited for Max to start.

“It’s Liz. We just had a fight…I think. She knows about the connection and our secret.” He heard his sister take in a sharp gasp.

“It’s okay Iz, that’s not the problem.”

“She was okay with it?”

“Yeah, I mean she didn’t freak out. I think the fact that she could feel me helped a lot. I know she still has questions, but she’s trying to process it all. Yesterday Iz, I know you really don’t want to hear this, but we were close.”

“Close? You mean…ah…okay…” She really wished he’d talk to Michael about this but she wouldn’t turn her back on him.

“Exactly. The problem with that is the bond.”

“Max, I know you feel strongly for her. Obviously, if you guys were close yesterday then it’s a mutual feeling. If you bond with her Max, you can’t reverse it.” Max knew exactly what Isabel was saying. They were connected right now and they could block one another’s feelings for short periods of time, but if they formed a bond, it would be more than that. When she blocked him, he would feel alone, like the other half of him was missing. He knew he couldn’t survive with that type of loneliness. Not having her in his life is one thing, but joining his soul with hers, only to have her rip it away; no he could not survive that.

“I know but what the hell do I do?” Max sat up and ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

“You tell her about it. She has to have the choice Max. She has to understand that if she walks down that road with you, that she can’t go back. Even if she doesn’t chose to be with you, you’ll always be connected. If she blocks the connection, she will be blocking the bond; if she does that she will feel the emptiness inside just like you. She has to decide if she really wants you Max.”

“I know, but…what if she doesn’t want me? I’ll always love her; I’ll always want to be with her.” Max finished sadly.

“I’m sorry Max, but if she doesn’t want you, then she’s crazy. Putting that aside, she knows what it’s like to be connected to you. You just have to make sure she understands that it’s more than just that, and it will be with her forever.”

“It’s not fair Iz, she should be able to choose, not forced to choose.” Max was growing angry with his alien status by the second.

“She has a choice Max. She can chose not to be with you, but the window for her to do that is obviously getting smaller by the moment. I can only tell you that you need to talk to her, and you need to decide what you are going to do.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean when the plane leaves to come back to Roswell, will you be on it?”

“Of course I will!”

“You love her Max. If she asks you to stay, I know you will.”

“No Iz, I won’t leave you, or Michael and Tess. You guys are my family.”

“Yes, but it’s time you made your own family. We’ll always be here but it’s time for you to fulfill your destiny with her, if she so chooses.”

“I…don’t know what to say.”

“Don’t say anything Max. Just know I love you and I trust you. Now, you get going and I will talk to you later.”

“Bye Iz.”

“Bye Max.”

Max was completely confused, he knew Isabel was right, but was he willing to give up his family for Liz?

Yes.

That was the only answer that came to mind when he asked himself that question. He knew without a doubt he needed to be with her, he just hoped he wasn’t wrong. He hoped that what he was feeling from her was love. If it wasn’t, he didn’t think he would survive it.

Tess had called Max a few hours later telling him that they were going out to dinner. Since Liz had called Maria, she wanted to know if he wanted them to pick him up. He said that he would just drive himself and meet them at the restaurant.

Today was going to be a long day and he knew it. He just hoped that it turned out the way he wanted. If not, he would have to live with it, not happily of course.

He made his way out the hotel to the restaurant. As soon as he arrived, he saw everyone seated in a private room he was ushered into.

“Hi Max! Took you long enough to get here. I thought maybe you changed your mind.” Tess said giving him a quick hug, as he took a seat beside her. At the other end of the table was Liz. She hadn’t said anything, mainly because she didn’t know how to apologize for her behavior towards Max.

She was terrified that he would find out. She knew that she needed to decide whether or not she was going to tell him the truth. If she wasn’t going to, then she needed to let him go now before it was too late.

Diner was casual and full of conversation. Tess and Maria went on and on about what they had done that day and what their plans were for the rest of the week. They would be leaving in just a few short days. Panic started to settle in for Liz.

What would she do without him? He had become such a big part of her life in such a short time, she didn’t know if she could continue on the way she was without him there. Whether she liked it or not, she let him in to her world, just as he had let her in to his; she didn’t want to let go. She wondered, as she stared at him across the table, if he would stay if she asked. She knew how immature it was to hold onto him, especially when she wasn’t willing to tell him the truth.

The other thing that plagued her mind was his alien status. Under normal circumstances, she would have probably flipped out and thought that Max was crazy when he told her what he was, but she didn’t. She knew right away from meeting him that he would never hurt her. Nothing that he was would ever be able to hurt her. In fact, she knew without a doubt that she had more power to hurt him with her words and actions then he could ever with any “ability” he may possess.

After dinner, they were heading their separate ways, but Liz needed to talk to Max. Max needed to talk to her, but he would give her space and let her come to him.

“Max, do you think you could give me a ride home? I’ll just let Michael take my car. I know how much he loves it.” Liz smiled shyly at him, hoping that he wouldn’t turn her down.

“Sure.” Max said and led her out the restaurant. Of course leaving was easier said than done. Once the paparazzi caught wind that Elizabeth Parker was dining at that restaurant, they needed to get pictures. The second Max and Liz stepped foot outside the camera bulbs went off by the hundreds it seems. Max shielded Liz completely with his body and made his way to the car. It was unlike anything he had ever seen or experienced. It was damn right terrifying being approached by complete strangers who were shoving cameras in your face.

“Are you okay?” Max asked as they made their way out onto the open highway.

“Yeah, I’m sort of used to it by now.”

“Used to it? How the hell? I mean you would think they had something better to do then to photograph your every move. I don’t know how you deal with it.” Max said taking a right off the highway heading to Liz’s house.

“I know it’s weird and I’ll never understand it. Normally they just snap some pictures and let me be but today was different; it probably had a lot to do with you.”

“Me?”

“Yeah, they probably think you’re my latest boyfriend. They want to find out as much as they can about you.” Liz tried to sound upbeat but knew how Max would be feeling. Max was worried, would they be able to find out who he was?

“It’s okay Max. Trust me; most of the shit they print is just gossip. Honestly, they didn’t even get the story on my own mother right. There is no way they would ever know who you were. Don’t even worry about it. I’ll have a statement printed up in the morning and say you’re a relative or something.” Liz flipped her hand in the air as if it was no big deal.

“A relative? I mean that’s fine but you know what if…” He didn’t finish the sentence obviously they were on different pages.

Liz knew exactly what Max was going to say. She had to admit it made her giddy inside that Max felt that way, but it also terrified her. She didn’t want his opinion of her changing and that’s what would happen if he ever found out the truth.

“Well, here we are.” Max said unenthusiastically.
“Max?”

“Yeah?”

“Can I talk to you, inside for a few minutes?” Max nodded, turned off the ignition and got out of car.

“Thank you.”

“Sure.” He was nervous. What if she said she never wanted to see him again? Be brave Max, be brave, he repeated to himself.

They sat in silence for a good ten minutes after entering her house. They sat in the living room. Liz wasn’t sure how to start, so she figured she’d start with an apology.

“I’m sorry Max, for being so mean and saying those things to you.” Liz said softly not daring to look at him.

“It’s okay Liz. I shouldn’t have pushed you.” Max said, rising from the couch to sit beside her.

“No, I just…” Liz started but Max decided that he needed to tell her everything.

“Liz, I need to tell you something and I need you to listen to me without interrupting me. If you have questions, just wait until I finish, okay?” Max said as he stood and crossed the room.

“O-okay.” Liz was scared, was he going to say that he didn’t want to be with her? She didn’t know why that would surprise her; she was going to tell him that they couldn’t be together wasn’t she? She decided not to focus on that but to focus on Max at that moment.

“Okay.” He took in a deep breath.

“Liz, remember when I told you about the connection, how it worked? How if you blocked it, eventually it would consume you?” Liz just nodded.

“Well there is another part to it. When our relationships progress…sexually, it forms something stronger than a connection. It’s called a bond. From that point on, you are bound to that other person for life. You can’t reverse it, but unlike a connection you can block it…forever.” Max finished sadly. He still didn’t dare look at her. Liz wasn’t sure if he was done or not but she had a question, and so she asked it.

“When you say block it forever, you mean what exactly?” She understood that the connection was feelings, emotions that she felt from him and vice versa. He told her that if she blocked it, eventually she would be bombarded with his emotions but the bond. How is it that it could be blocked? Obviously it was stronger.

“I mean that, when we bond, our souls become one. You would be able to control what you feel from me and what you don’t. It’s much stronger but you can definitely control it, the only problem is…” Should he tell her? He didn’t know, but she asked the question.

“What? What’s the problem?” Liz stood behind him and waited to hear what he had to say. Max turned slowly, looking down on her, waiting for their eyes to connect.

“If you block me…or if I block you, it will feel like…something is missing. Like a piece of you is gone. You will ache for it, but eventually you can learn to live with it. The only thing is you can never share that with another soul. Once it’s done…it’s done. It wouldn’t just be me, it would be you too. If you so choose and we…bond, then you can’t take it back. It’s forever like I said.” Max finished softly and watched the emotions play across her beautiful face.

That was bigger than anything she could have imagined. If they were together, they would be bonded for life. He would always hold a piece of her and her of him. A part of her craved for the feeling of being complete. She knew that he could complete her soul, the piece that aches to be loved. On the other hand, if she allowed that then he would need to know; if he knew her secret, he wouldn’t want to be with her. She needed to think, but with him standing in such close proximity it was impossible.

Max sensed her apprehension and decided to take matters into his own hands.

“Where are you going?” Liz turned to him after he backed away from her and headed for the front door.

“It’s better if I give you some time to think Liz. It’s a lot to deal with. I don’t want you making a decision because it’s what I want.” He gave her a small smile before leaving.

Liz stood there staring at the front door for a few minutes. She didn’t blink and she didn’t know if she was still breathing. All she knew was that Max was everything she needed and was searching for in her life. That brought an overwhelming feeling of peace over her. At the same time, however, it brought an increasing sense of fear.

The fear of him leaving…the fear of leaving him and fear over the fact that she had fallen in love with him.

TBC…FYI: I will be posting a new part to this Tomorrow as well as Confessions.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Just wanted to say hello to the new readers...I love new readers and also Tiph YOU'RE BACK!! Were you skiing? I think I read that somewhere LOL (blame Rebecca) Anyway you put Liz's thoughts and feelings perfectly into perspective in your FB!!

Thanks for the always great FB and hello to those lurkers out there!

Chapter 23

“Liz? Honey, are you ready?” Maria entered the house looking for Liz, who should have been getting ready that following afternoon.

“Yeah Maria, I’m up here; trying to get my ass into this outfit!” Liz said while standing near the mirror fixing the straps on her shirt.

“Who the hell made this thing? I mean, it should come with some directions you know?” Liz said as Maria tried to help her figure out how to tie the shirt Liz had chosen for tonight’s fundraiser.

“Liz, maybe you should wear something else.” Maria said not being able to get the shirt tied on. It had three straps and they needed to somehow tie together holding the top up, but it wasn’t working.

“Maybe I can help,” Tess said poking her head in. She didn’t want to interrupt but Kyle had sent her upstairs, saying that if those two were left alone too long they would never make it on time.

“Tess! Hi!” Liz turned around when she say the small blonde enter her bedroom.

“If you think you can help, that would be great. I swear, the shirt looks great once it’s on.” Liz smiled shyly.

“Yeah, I’m sure Liz. Look, I need to go check my make up; I’ll be right out.” Maria left the two girls alone and entered the bathroom.

Tess approached Liz slowly. “So, let me see what I can do.” Liz turned around and asked if she should lift her arms at all.

“No, it’s okay. I got it.” Tess waved her hand over the material and instantly it was tied to Liz perfectly.

“Oh my God! That is a great fucking pow-!” Liz shouted and Tess quickly covered her mouth, knowing damn well Maria had no idea of their alien status.

“Sorry.” Liz whispered.

“It’s okay; she’ll find out soon enough, but later rather than sooner.” Tess smiled.

“Liz, you look so good!” Tess said taking in her appearance. The shirt was a deep wine color, showing off her trim shoulders and tummy. The jeans, which hugged her hips, were black with matching wine colored fabric sewn into the sides.

“Thank you…you don’t look so bad yourself.” Liz smiled. She had to admit, Tess was beautiful and she wondered why she didn’t have a boyfriend or why for that matter Max didn’t have a girlfriend.

“It’s hard, being who we are, trusting people. Sometimes you get lucky.” Tess winked and Liz knew exactly what she was talking about.

“How come he trusts me so much Tess?” Liz thought that maybe she could get some answers and maybe figure out what to do about her and Max.

“Now that’s a hard question to answer. He knows you Liz. He’s known you…your soul for years. We used to think he was just an obsessed fan, but seeing him with you I know it’s more. His heart is so big, he would rather die than to let someone he loved and cared about suffer. He might have been my King on another planet, but on this one he’s my best friend and brother. I like you Liz; I like you a lot, but if you don’t have the same intentions as him, just let him go now. He won’t get over it, if it goes any further. I’m not saying that to be mean…it’s just that it’s…”

“The truth.” Liz finished for her. She didn’t know how she knew what Tess was going to say but she could sense it.

“That is what you were going to say right?” Liz asked somewhat awed.

“Yes, it was. It’s okay; you can’t read my mind, but sometimes if I let you, you can sense what I’m thinking.” Tess smiled. She was trying to teach Liz that she could control what she sensed and what she didn’t.

“Thank you.” Liz smiled. She understood what Tess was saying to her. That just because they were all connected, that didn’t mean that she didn’t have her own set of feelings; that the other person may not want her to know what their feelings were, just like she may not want to share her feelings with someone else.

She was still an individual. That is, until she decided if and when she would bond with Max.

“Alright girls! Let’s get this show on the road!” Maria said bursting from the bathroom in a rush, knowing that they were going to be late…again.

After the fundraiser party, they all decided to head back home early. They didn’t have much longer with each other. Max, Tess and Michael would be leaving in four short days.

“Well, that was different.” Max said as he walked Liz to her door.

“Yeah, I mean that’s what we do. Attend party after party, fundraiser after fundraiser; you would think that after all that we would have something to show for it, but we haven’t even put a dent in the problems of the world. That’s why I take it upon myself to help. I actually have a fundraiser in about a month and a half. I charge twenty thousand a plate and every single last dime goes to charity. In fact, I don’t even pay for the party; it is all donated. Why would I spend the money to throw a party and pay people to come and donate money? That never made any sense to me. This way, everything is for charity.” Liz smiled brightly at Max. He loved the way her mind worked; she made sense out of everything. Amazing, that’s what he thought she was.

They stood at her front door and Liz decided to invite Max in. He knew he should have said no, but accepted her offer.

“Do you want some coffee?” Liz asked while looking for the coffee. She really had no idea where it was, or how to make it, but she would try. Max thought she looked adorable, sexy as hell but adorable just the same. When he saw her outfit tonight, he had to wipe the drool forming at the corners of his mouth. He loved seeing glimpses of her creamy soft skin.

“Liz?” Max said trying to get his breathing under control. Currently, Liz was bent over looking for something to make the coffee in.

“Yeah Max?”

“I think the coffee maker is on the counter over there.” Max pointed to the far corner of the counter. Liz stood up and smiled embarrassed at him.

“It’s okay Liz, how about a soda?” Liz smiled thankfully at him and headed towards the fridge.

“You know it might not kill you to figure out how to cook.” Max said with a smirk forming on his lips.

“Ha ha very funny! I’ll have you know I can cook…sort of. Anyway, I have people that get paid, very well I might add, to cook for me.” Liz smiled triumphantly.

“Just give me the soda.” Liz placed the soda on the counter in front of him. She liked that they were able to joke around again.

“I missed that.”

“Missed what?”

“Just joking around with you. I missed it.”

“Yeah me too Liz.” Max said taking a sip of his soda. Liz walked around and stood beside him and ran a hand through his hair.

Max gulped his soda. He didn’t know what she was doing, but it was driving him crazy. “Liz, what are you doing?”

“Nothing, I just missed touching you.” She whispered in his ear and he couldn’t resist; he pulled her against him and she quickly settled in his lap.

His kissed her lips, nipping and sucking them. He had longed to do that for days and it was taking all of his willpower not to. He kissed a trail down the collar of her neck up to the sensitive flesh of her ear.

“Max…please….” Liz pleaded with him to keep going; she didn’t want him to stop. Max knew it was wrong, that he needed to get control but he couldn’t with her now nipping at his neck and moaning out his name.

He quickly stood and she wrapped her legs around his waist. He carried her up the stairs, into her bedroom and laid her down on the bed. With a quick wave of his hand, her shirt was undone and he began his exploration of her body.

Liz buried her hands in his hair and ran them down his muscular back, while he latched onto one of her plump breasts. Max couldn’t stand it, he took one look at her and needed to feel her soft body against his; he was defenseless to stop it.

“Take me Max…ah…make me yours forever.” Liz panted out and Max quickly removed his lips from her puckered flesh, rolling off the bed.

“W-where are you going?” Liz was confused, what had she done wrong.

“Don’t do that Liz.” Max bit out with his back still facing her.

“Don’t do what?” Liz said her voice hitched. He didn’t want her. She quickly pulled the sheet up over her exposed chest.

“Don’t say it…if you don’t mean it.”

“I meant it Max.”

“No! You didn’t mean it Liz. You just said it because you were caught up in the moment. You don’t want me to make you mine forever; if you did, you wouldn’t lie to me.” Max said, letting his anger take over. He turned to face her finally and he wanted to take back every word when he saw the sadness etched across her face.

“I…” Liz knew he was right. She was lying to him. She was keeping a secret from him.

“I told you I would give you time and this is what you do with it? This is serious Liz!” He couldn’t help it. This was his life, his future and she didn’t give a damn about it.

“I am taking it serious! You’re the one avoiding me!” Liz let her anger over the fact that Max had basically avoided any physical contact with her in the past few days take over.

“Avoiding you? No Liz, I’m giving you time to think!”

“Think? Think about what?! You have everything figured out don’t you?”

“What? No I don’t. I don’t have a fucking thing figured out, except the fact that I have told you everything about me and you…you tell me nothing. You share nothing!”

“Bullshit! I shared more with you than with anyone Max.”

“Then tell me Liz, tell me why you don’t trust me with your secret?” Max finished his voice giving away his emotions.

“Why are you doing this to me?” Liz sobbed softly and Max’s heart broke. He kneeled down beside her and reached for her hand.

“Liz, I don’t mean to hurt you; you know I would never do that to you. I’m leaving in four days and to me, it’s like that means nothing to you.”

“It does Max; it’s just that you have been avoiding me.”

“Avoiding you? No Liz that’s not what I was doing. I wanted you to just show me what I mean to you, what you mean to me.” Max finished softly.

“You do Max. I care about you.” Liz finished not looking him in the eyes. Max knew that she might care about him, but she didn’t love him. He would leave and she would move on; that was the one thing he feared most and it was coming true.

“Does it really mean anything to you Liz? Tell me, because I’m just hanging on here.” He pleaded desperately with her.

“It means a lot that you are leaving. I don’t want you to go.” Her tearful eyes rose to meet his golden stare.

“I have to.” Liz just nodded. Max however was not finished.

“I would leave it all, my family, my life…for you Liz. Would you do that same for me?” He waited with baited breath for her to answer, for her to tell him that she would…but it never came.

“Goodbye Liz.” He rose to his feet and left heartbroken once again.

TBC…FYI: Confessions has also been updated and I have posted a new story on the AU Board called The Long Way Home.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I know that last part was really emotional but I'm really relieved that you guys liked the way I delivered it! Thank you so much for the fb!

Chapter 24

“Liz, what’s wrong?” Maria rushed over when she got Liz’s desperate phone call at two in the morning. Liz was hysterical and Maria couldn’t figure out what she was saying.

When she arrived at her house, Liz was sitting outside on her balcony smoking a cigarette, her fifth one of the evening. “Maria, he’s leaving and he…he hates me.” Liz cried and then sucked the pain back in. She didn’t want to loose it again.

“What do you mean? Max doesn’t hate you sweetie.” Maria ran her hand down her best friend’s hair.

“He does! He hates me for keeping a secret from him! He told me his secret and…I just…”

“Secret…what secret?” Maria was curious.

“Maria, I can’t tell you.” Liz said, looking at her best friend and seeing the pain in her eyes; pain that she put there once again.

“Okay you have to promise not to tell another living soul. This is big Maria; it’s important.”

“I promise Liz.” So, Liz told Maria everything she knew about Max, Michael and Tess, even Isabel, Max’s sister. In addition, she explained to her about the whole connection and bonding thing. Maria’s head was spinning; she actually pulled the cigarette from Liz’s hands and took a long deep drag.

“Are you okay?”

“Me? Sure! Why wouldn’t I be I mean…it’s not that big of a deal.” Maria tried to say as calmly as possible.

“Maria.”

“Liz.”

“Maria, tell me.”

“Oh alright! I’m a little freaked out, but I mean I like Michael; whatever he is. That hasn’t changed, is that weird?” Maria was confused about her feelings now; was it normal to feel things for an alien or as Liz explained an alien-human hybrid?

“No…it’s not weird, it’s actually perfectly normal; now that’s weird.” Liz said taking a look over at her best friend and they both broke out laughing.

“Liz, I don’t know what to tell you, but you need to tell him how you feel”

“It doesn’t matter, I’m keeping a secret and he feels like I’m betraying him or something.”

“Liz then just tell him. If he means that much to you and you mean that much to him, he’ll understand. He’ll be there when all is said and done.”

“Yeah I know that, but what if he stays because he feels guilty? Or worse…pity.” Liz finished sadly.

“Pity? Why would he feel pity?” Maria wished that Liz would tell her the truth but knew it was futile, if Liz hadn’t broken down yet it wasn’t going to happen.

“He just will.” Liz said like she knew without a doubt Max would feel that way.

“You don’t know that. He cares about you Liz. If he didn’t, I know he wouldn’t have told you that secret and it’s a pretty big one at that. I wish you would at least tell me.” Maria said looking at Liz.

“I can’t, please leave it alone.” Liz was getting frustrated, why was it such a big deal? It was her secret and she didn’t have to tell anyone if she didn’t want to.

“I won’t push you Liz, but I do need to get some sleep. Are you okay now?”

“Yeah, thanks for coming over.”

“Welcome. Love you babe.” Maria kissed the top of Liz’s head before heading out.

Liz sat outside a few more minutes before deciding to take a long hot bath. She hoped it would help ease the tension she was feeling.

Two days. It had been two long days since Liz had seen Max. She was about to pull her hair out. He was a stubborn one wasn’t he? She thought.

She had wanted to call him, more times than she wanted to admit, but she didn’t. She decided that she would just let him go, before things got more serious. That way, he could walk away and forget about her.

She also wanted him to stay. She wanted him to profess his undying love and never leave her. That, however, was not a possibility. She could just move on; she was stronger than that, or so she tried to convince herself.

She busied herself with getting ready. She had just a few interviews to conduct before this evening. She also needed to eat something, since she couldn’t remember the last time she ate.

“Things will get better.” She mumbled to herself as she made her way out the door for the afternoon.

Across town, Max was having a long drawn out conversation for about the third time with Michael and Tess.

“Maxwell, what the fuck is wrong with you? You are just going to leave and not see her again? That makes no fucking sense!” Michael paced in front of Max and Tess, who were seated across from each other on the couch.

“Look it’s none of your business what I do with Liz and yes I am leaving, why should I see her again? She doesn’t want me! I won’t beg! She could have called me; she could have come to see me, but no! This is her decision. It has always been her decision.” Max was done arguing over his relationship or lack there of with Liz. He just wanted to bury his head in his pillows until it was time to leave.

“Max, you love her. How can you just walk away?” Tess spoke up for the first time in an hour.

“Look, I appreciate everything you guys have done and I’m so happy that you have found something in Kyle and Maria; it’s not going to happen with Liz and I.”

“Why not?”

“She doesn’t love me! Do you know how that makes me feel? I risked it all for her; I told her everything and do you want to know what I got in return?” Tess and Michael just looked at Max in shock. They could see the pain in his eyes, in his whole demeanor.

“Silence. I told her I would give everything up…everything! She didn’t say a fucking word! I got my answer loud and clear; I don’t need to be beat over the head with it!” Max stood and walked out the hotel, slamming the door behind him.

“This is serious Michael.” Tess turned to Michael, who was still staring at the door Max had just walked out of.

“I know, but he’s right. If she doesn’t love him, then there isn’t anything anyone can do.”

“She does, I know she does. How can she not?” Tess didn’t understand. Max was a great guy. Liz obviously liked him a lot, otherwise why would she let him into her world? Tess was convinced that Liz had to love Max, but if she did, why did she hurt him so bad?

“Let’s just leave it up to him Tess; we can’t interfere anymore. Its Maxwell’s call; let’s leave it at that,” Michael said, knowing that Tess would want to talk about it more.

“You’re right, but he’s hurting and I won’t make him suffer anymore,” Tess smiled. She would hold true to her word; it was Max’s life, but she would be there for him, when he needed her.

Later that evening, Max returned back to the hotel room to find both Tess and Michael gone. He was truly happy that they found what they were searching for all their lives. Tess couldn’t be happier with Kyle. Michael and Maria, well no one was made for Michael more than Maria.

He was jealous and he couldn’t help it. He was so sure that Liz was the one for him. Although that still held true; she was the only one for him. He just wasn’t the only one for her. It deeply saddened him; he just wanted to get back home, the sooner the better.

He decided he would sleep the rest of his vacation. He didn’t want to go outside and see the happy people, laughing and smiling. He just wanted to sulk in his pain.

It was still early but he was tired and drained. He closed his eyes and shortly thereafter, fell into a deep sleep.

Liz Parker was tossing and turning. She had just got back from her interviews, grabbed a quick bite to eat and passed out on her bed.

It was a restless sleep, one plagued with bad thoughts and even worse memories…

“Come here you stupid bitch! Stop hiding from me, you know I’ll get what I want. You’re only making it harder on yourself.” She could hear his footsteps getting closer; if she just stayed quiet, he wouldn’t find her. She could stay there until her mommy got home. She wished her mommy was there right now.

“Liz get your ass out here now girl!” His footsteps were getting closer. She scrunched herself into the tiniest ball and scooted closer to the back of the closet. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly. She wished she would just disappear.

“Get out here now Liz or I’ll make it worse this time!” He roared and she shuddered. She didn’t know what to do, so she stayed there, huddled in the dark corner of the closet, hoping he never found her.
Just then, the closet door swung open and Liz screamed. He reached in, grabbed her tiny body and covered her mouth with his hand. She thrashed back and forth but it was useless; she was no match to his six one frame.

“You are gonna love what I have in store for you today.” He was leaning above her and the scent of his breath was enough for her to want to vomit.

“No! I don’t want to!” She yelled and he covered her mouth once again.

“You want to Liz; you just don’t know it yet. I’ll teach you and you’ll learn to love it,” he said while trailing his hands down her tiny legs. She squirmed and kicked her legs but it was useless; he just pinned them down.

“No! Leave me alone! I hate you!” Tears cascaded down her downy cheeks and something inside of her broke.

“No!” She yelled and he slapped her across the face. He took her tiny hand and took her innocence away within minutes; he had done it before, but this time it was different.

“You will do what I tell you and you will shut the hell up!”

“No! Get off of me!” Her tiny voice filtered through the room.

“No one will want you Liz, no one. You’re mine.”

“No! Let me go!”

“P-please! Let me go!”

“No! No! P-please!”

Liz shot up in bed screaming. She took a look around the room and found it was just her, alone and she began to cry brokenly.

Max Evans was having the best dream of his life. Liz had just told him she loved him and wanted to spend forever with him. He rolled over and suddenly the dream changed it was dark and he saw a small figure huddled in what appeared to be a closet, and he heard a loud voice…yelling.

Where am I? He thought to himself. This wasn’t his dream; at least he didn’t think it was.

Suddenly, there was a loud scream and it echoed through the very core of him and he shot straight up in bed.

“Liz!”

He couldn’t get to her fast enough. His heart was racing; he could feel her pain course through him as if it was his own. The worst part of it was her fear. She was so scared right now; he just needed to get to her.

When he reached the front gate, he used his powers to open it and raced up the driveway to her front door. He opened it and ran up the stairs to her bedroom. He didn’t want to frighten her so he called out to her softly while knocking on the door.

“Liz.”

“Go away Max!” She was terrified and wanted him more than anything, but she knew that if he entered the room, she would tell him and he would leave.

“I can’t!” He yelled through the door. Her pain was just growing by the minute. If she didn’t let him in, he would enter anyway.

“Well I don’t want you here!” Liz yelled stubbornly through the door. She was wrapped in her sheets, tears falling from the corners of her eyes.

Max decided he wouldn’t wait any longer. He placed his palm over the door handle, waiting for the soft click before turning the knob.

Liz was startled when she heard the lock click. “So, what are you? Some kind of lock picker?” She said sarcastically.

“No, just another…” He lifted his hand and wiggled his figures, trying to break the tension.

“Seriously Max, you should just go. I’m not telling you anything,” she said pulling the sheets around her body. She didn’t have very much clothing on and just realized it.

“Fine, we don’t have to talk, but don’t make me go.” He pleaded with her. When she didn’t say anything, he made his way across the room to take a seat in the chair near the fireplace.

After a few minutes of complete silence, Liz felt at ease. The remnants of her dream leaving her, replaced with utter and complete love.

She knew it was Max, so she decided to try and be honest with him. “I just want to tell you that I’m sorry. I don’t want you to leave being angry with me. When you…” This was harder than she could have ever imagined. He wouldn’t even look at her and it pained her deeply.

“When you told me you would give it all up, I didn’t know what to do. I just couldn’t believe it.” She took a deep breath and continued.

“I should have told you that I would give it all up too…for you.”

“You’re just saying that.” Max answered softly, not daring to look up at her. He could hear the tears in her voice, but he wouldn’t get pulled in again. He just wanted to make sure she was okay and then he would leave.

“No, I’m not Max. I mean it, I promise. You’re the only person I feel safe with…the only one that…” She crawled to the edge of the bed willing him to look at her, to know she was telling him the truth. When he turned around abruptly, she was taken aback.

“What? I’m the only one that…what?” He was getting angry with her. He knew she was afraid but he never gave her any indication that he would leave her, so why was she making it so hard?

“Just tell me Liz, I promise I’ll still be here. The only way you’re going to get past it and be happy is if you let it go. Tell me what’s wrong.” Max pleaded with his eyes and voice to her. Liz stood, letting the sheets fall from her body and began pacing the room.

“Wrong? Nothing is wrong?” Max stood and took in her sight. She was wearing a pair of white cotton boy shorts and a white tank top. She looked so innocent and pure. To him, she would always be that, no matter what.

“You’re lying. Something happened, something you are keeping bottled up inside; that’s why Maria keeps saying she wants you back.” He approached her slowly.

“No!” Liz backed away. She didn’t want him to find out.

“Liz.” He reached out for her.

“No Max, no one can know.”

“Know what?”

“Just leave me alone!” She turned on her heels and ran out of the room. Max was quick on her heels. He scooped her up and she yelled for him to put her down, but he wouldn’t. He walked them back to her bedroom and closed the door. He placed her on the bed, removing his shoes and shirt. She was crying but he knew that tonight was the night, he wouldn’t…no, he couldn’t leave with her like that.

He laid down beside her, even though at first, she was reluctant to accept his caress. She quickly welcomed the feel of his hand running down her arm, the feel of his warm body against hers.

“Talk to me, please. I can’t stand to see you in so much pain baby.” Max whispered out to her while running his hand through her hair. Liz rolled over to face him, tears slipping from the corners of her eyes. Max quickly wiped them away.

“It just hurts, so bad. I don’t want to change how you feel about me…I know you will but I just…”

“Baby, no matter what you say, it won’t change how I feel; tell me…please.” Max pleaded with her and she raised her eyes towards him and began.

“I was five and he was my uncle.”

TBC…FYI: Confessions, STLY and The Long Way Home have all been updated today!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Chapter 25

Liz told him the whole story. How when her father left, it was just her mother and her; that her uncle would watch her at night. Her mother worked two jobs because they needed the money. How he would come into her bedroom and make her do things to him…touch him and she hated it. She cried to Max about how much she hated it and didn’t want to do it.

“I know you didn’t Liz. It wasn’t your fault. I don’t think any less of you for it. You were just a little girl and he shouldn’t have done that.” Max was enraged at that point. He couldn’t believe that someone Liz’s mother entrusted with her only daughter would do something like that. He wrapped his arms around her and rocked her until her tears subsided.

“I didn’t remember it.” She said swiping her tears away. Max kissed her temple before pulling away to look at her. Her eyes and nose were puffy but she was just as beautiful to him.

“What? You blocked it out or something?”

“Yes, apparently because up until a few months ago, I was perfectly fine. I wasn’t the bitch I am today.”

“You’re not a bitch Liz. You’re just misunderstood.” Max tried to get her to smile and he succeeded and it earned him a slap on the arm.

“Temper, temper baby.” Max smiled and Liz kissed his lips softly. Max just pulled her that much closer and waited for her to finish.

“A few months ago, I was with Patrick one of my many ex-boyfriends and everything was fine. Then we started messing around…” Max so did not want to hear about her messing around with another guy but decided that it meant nothing because she was with him now.

“And he wanted to…” She looked up at him.

“What Liz?”

“He tried to get me to sleep with him.” Rage filled Max. How many people were going to take advantage of her? It was sickening at that point. He wanted to find her uncle first of all and crush his…

“Max?” Her soft angelic voice pulled him from his murderous thoughts.

“Yes.” He looked into her eyes, seeing something there he never saw before. Then he felt it. Without another word, she began kissing his neck softly.

“Liz…we…” He swallowed thickly. He didn’t want her to stop but he also did not want her to do something she wasn’t ready for, because tonight he would not be able to stop. He had to be sure.

Liz continued her assault, trailing kisses of fire down his chest and back up to his lips. She covered his words of protest with her mouth and pressed her body into his.

“Yes we can Max,” she said breathlessly, as he rolled her over on top of him. Max was placing tender kisses along her neck, down her shoulder but pulled away at her words.

“W-what do you mean?” He needed to hear her say it. He needed for the words to leave her sweet lips.

“I chose you Max. Make love to me.” Without hesitation, he pulled her down against him and sealed their lips. He closed his eyes tightly, fighting the tears that were threatening to spill forward. He kissed her thoroughly, making sure to pour every emotion he was feeling into it.

Liz felt each one of them, from love and fear to happiness; each one of them enveloped her and screamed to her soul. She responded with as much feeling making sure he knew how she felt.

Max pulled away when he was assaulted by her feelings. “I love you Liz, for now and for always.” He didn’t wait for her to respond; he simply pulled her down once again and invaded her mouth with his tongue.

After a few minutes, Max had decided that if this was going to happen, that he would have to tell her something about himself.

“Liz.” Max panted out, Liz now lying beside him with just her bottoms still on. Liz had managed to remove every article of his clothing by that time.

“Yes Max.”

“I…I never…I’ve never been…”

“Shh…Max…I know you haven’t, neither have I.” Liz smiled reassuringly at him and pulled him down against her for another sweet kiss. Max snaked his hands down and removed her shorts, the last barrier between them.

“I’m glad I waited for you Max.” Liz whispered as Max began to press his erection into her. “Me too Liz…me too.” Max said remembering the dream he had not too long ago; where she had said those same exact words to him.

He once again covered her mouth with his as his body joined hers. When he reached her barrier, he pulled back and looked down on her face. He knew it would hurt her, so he asked if she wanted him to heal it for her.

“No Max, I want to experience it all. I’ll be okay.” She smiled. He knew she was nervous, just as he was, but knew that she wasn’t lying.

She loved the feel of his body joined with hers. The moment they joined, she felt everything he felt for her throughout the years, she was blown away. So much so that it brought tears to her eyes.

Max couldn’t get over the feeling of finally being with her. He dreamed about the moment but it would never do it justice. She was giving herself to him. He finally got to see her soul and it was just as beautiful as he knew it would be. He could feel all her emotions, the hurt, the pain, the anger and the love; the love she had for him. It took his breath away, the way she trusted him and wanted to be with him forever. He knew now he could never walk away. She was his…and he was hers.

They fell asleep in each other’s arms. He once again told her that he loved her. She never said it to him, but Max didn’t need words; he knew how she felt.

“What did I do?” Liz said, looking at herself in the mirror. Max loved her body for the first time and she couldn’t get over the feeling, but it was wrong. He’ll never leave her now; she knew that with all her heart. As much as she wanted that, it wasn’t fair because she couldn’t give him what he wanted.

She entered the bedroom to see him still asleep. His hair sticking up from every direction, his perfectly shaped arms sticking out from under the sheets and his well-defined legs wrapped around the comforter. He looked breathtaking, but she needed to steel herself for the conversation ahead.

She dressed and sat at the edge of the bed. Max felt the dip and opened his eyes slightly. Memories of last night flooded through his mind and he couldn’t help but smile. “Morning beautiful.” Max reached out for Liz’s arm but she quickly pulled it away.

“Liz?”

“It was a mistake.” Liz said coldly. She could feel him. He was searching her for answers and she just shut herself off from him. She didn’t know how she knew how to do it; she just did.

Max felt it, the moment she closed herself off. It was like a door being slammed inside his heart. What happened? He wondered.

“What? Liz…” He reached out for her again but this time she just stood with her back to him. She was fighting the tears. She had to be strong and she had to let him go. He felt pity for her, she knew it, and she felt it. She didn’t welcome it. He would just stay with her out of pity and that was unacceptable.

“You and me…we’re too different. We both want different things out of life.”

“No we don’t. I felt it; Liz you can’t lie to me. Stop shutting me out! I want to be with you Liz, I love you. I know you love me too.” Max stood up and made her face him. If she was pushing him away, he wanted her to look at him…face him and tell him to go.

“No! I’m telling you it’s not going to work and I don’t…”

“Liz I told you about the…”

“The bond…I know it. I feel it, but we shouldn’t have had sex last night.” She still couldn’t look at him. She needed him to just leave.

“We didn’t have sex. We made love Liz.” He bit out angrily. Why was she doing this to him…to them?

“No, we didn’t because I don’t love you Max.”

“Yes you do!” He grabbed her chin gently and forced her to look at him. When he did, he felt cold inside. There was nothing there, nothing there for him but anger. His heart broke at that moment. He knew that it was a mistake that she could never love him and he should have known better.

He got dressed quickly and stood at the doorway of her bedroom. He took her in one last time before closing his eyes and tearing his heart out, leaving it with her.

“It was a dream come true to meet you Liz. It was all I ever wanted since I was twelve years old, now that’s over.”

“You know Max, everything isn’t as easy as you’d like it to be.” Liz turned and faced him. She saw the pain in his eyes and knew that she should stop before she said something else to hurt him, but she didn’t.

“Don’t you think I know that? I know that better than anyone but you are lucky. You have no idea how lucky.” Max bit out angrily. He didn’t want it to end this way, but he was defenseless to stop it.

“Oh really?” Liz said sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“Yes.”

“And why aren’t you?”

“It doesn’t matter. Let’s just say that I have spent my entire life trying to go unnoticed. You are out there in the open everyday…” He was angry at the fact that because they were so different she was pushing him away. Once again, who he was would end up hurting him the most.

“Well then, we are the same Max.”

“No, we’re not.”

“Yes we are. We both hide behind something and we both live our lives pretending to be someone else. We are the same.” Liz finished trying to make Max understand that she wasn’t pushing him away because of who he was; that would be hypocritical of her, since the way she saw it, they were the same. They’re situations were different, but overall they were trying to figure out where they belonged.

“No, we aren’t Liz. See, because I’m in love…and you’re not. That, Liz, makes us very different.” Max finished flatly before leaving without another word. His heart was broken beyond words.

Liz, however, just stood there staring at the empty doorway knowing that she just made the biggest mistake of her life…and now there was no way to fix it.

TBC…Okay before you go *throwing* Liz...just know I'll be back Wednesday and she knows what she did was wrong...but now she has to try and fix it :wink:
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - That's it I have no willpower left I needed to post this early. Now there are only 4 parts left so just a warning :wink: Thanks for the great and heated feedback you know what I love :twisted:

Chapter 26

“Max? Are you sure you don’t want to go see her before we leave?” Tess asked Max who, after he returned back to the hotel yesterday and told them what happened between him and Liz, hadn’t spoken.

He never wanted to see or hear the name Liz Parker so long as he lived. He didn’t know what went wrong, but he knew that he was hurt beyond words and didn’t think he would ever get over it.

“I’m sure Tess; let’s just get going. The sooner…the better.” Michael stood and watched his best friend in pain. He had talked to Maria last night, and she didn’t know why Liz would have done that, other than the fact that maybe she was scared. For Michael, what she did…no more like how she did it was completely inexcusable. Max was broken, more so than he was before he even arrived. Now he would be returning home even more miserable.

Maria had apologized profusely to Michael about Liz’s behavior, but Michael honestly didn’t want to hear it. He just told Maria that he would call her when he got back home. He didn’t want to end things with her, but they didn’t live close enough to continue it the same way. They decided to just continue to talk and see what happened from there.

Tess and Kyle, they were on a different level all together. Tess didn’t want to leave Kyle, but she knew she had to return back home. They had made plans to meet up in a couple of months. They were pursuing their relationship to the fullest.

“Okay Max, I’ll just call downstairs and see if the car is ready.” Tess said rising from the couch next to Max.

“Maxwell, you ready to go home? I don’t know about you but I miss the desert!” Michael tried his best to help Max crack a smile but it wasn’t working.

“You want to throw something at me?” Michael smirked and that worked. Max started to laugh a little, then looked up at Michael; they both burst out laughing. Tess walked back in to see both Max and Michael laughing and it made her smile. She knew Max would be okay.

“Isabel! They’re here!” Jesse yelled upstairs to his wife, who was feeding their son.

Isabel didn’t realize how much she missed having them there, until she heard Jesse tell her they were home. She descended the stairs as quickly as possible with her son in her arms.

“Hey!” Jesse opens the door to let them in. Tess quickly hugs Jesse, followed by Max and Michael who patted him on the back before entering the house.

“Isabel.”

“Max.” Isabel ran to her brother and embraced him. She couldn’t be happier to see him, to know that he was all right. She knew that he was upset. He doesn’t look that bad, she thought.

They all greeted each other and settled in to the living room. Isabel had cooked up a storm for their arrival.

“Damn Iz, I didn’t know you could cook that good.” Michael began his usual banter, only to receive a slap on the arm from Tess.

“See Maxwell, I knew it wouldn’t be too long before I got hit again.” Max just smiled and finished his meal in silence. They could all feel the tension roll off him but decided to just leave him be.

After dinner, Max sat outside on the porch staring up at the sky, willing his heart to forget her.

“Hey Max.” Isabel said softly as she took a seat beside her brother.

“Hey.” Max said, not looking at her. He didn’t want pity.

“Maybe you need to just give her time. She’ll change her mind.” Isabel said placing a hand on her brother’s knee, willing him to look at her.

“She wasn’t who I thought she was. I have to move on without her, but thank you for everything.” Max smiled softly. It never reached his eyes though.

“But Max, you’re bonded…”

“I know Iz, but I can learn to live without her. She will without me. I will always love her but I can’t make her love me.” Max finished flatly. He didn’t want to think about it anymore.

Isabel wished there was something she could do for her brother, but she couldn’t. He was right; no one could make someone love them. She decided to leave him with his thoughts, hoping that one day she would get her brother back.

“Liz, what were you thinking?” Maria was still trying to process everything Liz and Michael had told her about what happened, over the past week, since they left.
“I already told you I fucked up. It’s too late! He’s gone and I know he hates me!” Liz said chewing on her carrot stick. She was beginning to seriously hate them, but she quit smoking and needed to find something to keep her hands occupied.

“How do you know he hates you?” Maria had already forgotten what Liz told her about the bond. Liz turned around and looked at Maria giving her the, “You have to be kidding me” look.

“Okay…sorry, I forgot for a minute. You know, it’s a lot for me to process. He’s just hurt Liz, talk to him.”

“No! I’ll just keep myself closed off from him, just like he’s closing himself off from me. I’ll get over it.” Who was she kidding? She would never get over the way he made her feel, or the fact that he was the only person she was able to tell the truth to about what had happened to her. She was finally able to tell Maria and Kyle what happened, and it was all because of Max.

She owed him so much, and how did she repay him? She pushed him out of her life, probably forever.

“Look Maria, he’ll move on and so will I. Now I have to practice for the benefit concert or I’ll never be ready in time.” Liz was going to do a piano solo, and she was hoping to finish her song by then. She only had three weeks to finish the song and practice.

“Liz you’ll be fine. I still can’t believe it, your mother would be so proud.” Maria smiled genuinely at her friend. Liz just smiled and thought that her mother wouldn’t be so proud the way she just carelessly tossed Max’s feelings away.

“Thanks.”

Liz made her way upstairs to the piano room, where she stayed for hours that day and everyday after until it was time to play for the benefit concert. She took that time alone to think about everything that she learned and everything that happened to her over the course of her two weeks with Max.

She wished she had taken the time to see it all before she let him go. She slowly realized how terrible she was to him and she hoped that somehow he would find it within his heart to forgive her. That is when she decided to live again.

She just hoped that she wasn’t too late; that she could make it up to Max and that by some chance in heaven, he would watch the benefit.

Michael had told Max about the benefit concert that would be broadcast on television tonight. He tried to leave out the fact that Liz would be on. Maria had pleaded with him for weeks to try and get Max to watch it, Max of course refused.

“Thanks Michael, but I don’t want to see her.” Max turned and grabbed his jacket; he had a date tonight.

“See who? Look it looks like it might be a good show; maybe we could watch it together.” Michael tried but he was failing miserably.

“Watch what together?” Tess entered the living room overhearing part of the conversation they were having.

“Nothing! I’m not watching the fucking show so just back off Michael!” Max slammed the door behind him. Why couldn’t they let him sulk? It had only been three weeks since they returned and he was trying to resume some type of normal life. Everyone was on his back to call Liz, to give her another chance; he didn’t want to hear it. He was tired and hurt. He just wanted to forget the whole ordeal.

He sure as hell didn’t want to stay home watching her on television. He didn’t care what she had to say or do for that matter. He would just try and lose himself in his current date for the evening, then go home and sleep until the sun came up.

“Is he going to watch it?” Maria asked softly into the phone. She took a minute to call Michael; she just had to find out if he was able to get Max to rethink his decision.

“No babe, I’m sorry but he didn’t want to have anything to do with it. He’s not home either, he’s out.” Michael heard the sadness in her voice, but told her that he would be recording it for him and would leave it in his bedroom.

“Thank you Michael.”

“Don’t thank me yet blonde, just because I give it to him doesn’t mean he won’t disintegrate it on contact.”

“I know but no worries, I’ll have copies!” Maria perked up a little. She was glad that Michael understood her need to help make things better. She explained to him how Liz was feeling, but she also didn’t ask him to get involved. She just wanted him to know that Liz was sorry and knew what a mistake she made.

“Okay, well I have to go. She’s on in a few minutes. Love you Michael.”

“Love you too blonde.”

Yes, Michael and Maria had professed their love for one another. It was shocking to everyone but especially to Michael, who never thought he would fall in love.

“Michael! It’s starting!” Tess yelled from the living room. He placed the phone back in its cradle upon entering the living room.

“Are you recording it Iz?”

“Yes, it’s all set.”

“Good.”

They sat back and watched the most breathtaking performance they had ever seen. At the end, they prayed that Max took a moment to watch it himself later on.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I told you willpower went out the damn window...Here's the next part. I will be holding out until Saturday because I won't be home LOL!

Also I know a lot of you are confused as to why Liz did what she did, and all I can offer is; you'll get your answers. Extingman - Hey there stranger miss your feedback...as far as the girl Max is seeing, it's obviously not serious nor is it a relationship, just something to keep his mind occupied...but this will also be answered
:wink:

Thea...babe...I am working on three new ones right now but they aren't written yet so you will have to be patient *hugs*

Chapter 27

Max got home late that evening, on purpose. He didn’t want to talk to anyone and he sure as hell didn’t want to see Liz on television. He knew he wouldn’t be able to handle it in a room full of people waiting to see if he broke down.

It had been three long, excruciating weeks since he walked out of her bedroom. He wished things could have gone differently. All she had to do was ask him to stay and he would have, he would have given up everything for her. He knew that a relationship was all new to her. Yes maybe she freaked out but that was no excuse for lying to him.

Max knew that Liz loved him. He knew without a doubt the night they spent together, everything he felt from her was real, but he couldn’t make her stay with him or want him for that matter.

He quickly changed and jumped into bed. He knew he wouldn’t be sleeping tonight; he hadn’t slept since he left her. He reached out a hand out to turn on the television; funny thing was the screen was blank.

“What the hell?” He was about to get up from the bed to see what the problem was, but then a picture appeared on the screen which made him stop dead in his tracks. It was Liz; she was center stage behind a black grand piano, wearing a long white satin dress. She looked like an angel. He rested his back against the headboard and waited with his heart racing to see what happened next.

The camera zoomed in on her face and he could see the sadness in her eyes. He ached to take it away, but knew it wouldn’t be welcomed. He knew he should just turn off the television. Just as he was about to, he heard her voice as she started to speak.

“This is a song I have been working on for a while; only just recently did I finish it. I have to give credit to my mother who taught me to play the piano, so forgive me but I’m nowhere near as good as her. I should also let you know that this is the very first time I am performing, so after I’m done you might want to save the hate mail because I won’t quit my day job.” Max couldn’t help but smile when she did. His heart was beating uncontrollably. He saw her close her eyes and take a deep breathe before she began.

He recognized the song instantly. It was the one she was working on that day in her house and then he heard her almost angelic voice. He was hypnotized at that moment.

How can I just let you walk away
Just let you leave without a trace
When I stand here taking every breath with you
You're the only one who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me
When all I can do is watch you leave
'Cause we shared the laughter and the pain
And even shared the tears

So take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
There's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face

So take a look at me now
When there's just an empty space
And you're comin' back to me is against all odds
And that's what I've got to face

He heard her words and they sang to his heart. He knew exactly what the song was about and who it was about for that matter. He didn’t dare let his heart open though. If it wasn’t true then where would that leave him? He focused back on the screen to watch the rest of the performance. He could see the tears forming in her eyes when the camera got closer and he ached for her.

I wish I could just make you turn around
Turn around to see me cry
There's so much I need to say to you
So many reasons why

So take a look at me now
There's just an empty space
There's nothing left here to remind me
Just the memory of your face

So take a look at me now
'Cause there's just an empty space
But to wait for you is all I can do
And that's what I've got to face

Take a good look at me now
'Cause I'll be standing here
And you comin' back to me
Is against all odds
It's the chance I've gotta take

Take a look at me now

When the performance was done, she said a quick thank you before running of the stage. Max didn’t know what to do. He wanted to pick up the phone and call her, but he couldn’t. He knew that Liz was aware of the fact that if she wanted him, she would have to come to him. He wouldn’t be going to her, not again.

He opted to take a walk downstairs for a drink of water.

“Hey Maxwell.” Michael was in the kitchen for his late night snack.

“Hey.”

“So, did you find anything interesting to watch on TV?” Michael knew that Max had to have seen the video he left for him.

“Yes I did. Even though I told you I didn’t want to watch it.” Max finished sarcastically as he closed the refrigerator door.

“Look Max I know you’re pissed off and you have every right to be, but she loves you.”

“No, she doesn’t. You don’t turn your back on someone if you love them.”

“Really?”

“Yes really?” Max looked at Michael incredulously.

“Well isn’t that what you’re doing to her?” Michael crossed his arms over his chest knowing that he had just cornered Max.

“Yes, but I gave her several chances Michael. She just tossed me to the side. I won’t pursue her anymore.”

“So if she thinks that you hate her and because of that she never tries to contact you again, you’re okay with that?”

“Yes.” Max said stubbornly, while inside he was screaming no!

“It’s your call Max.”

“Yes, Michael it is. I’ll deal with it. Night.” Max left the room, he didn’t want to argue or talk about it any longer. What he really wished for was sleep to take over. Finally after about an hour of tossing and turning it did.

“Do you think he saw it?” Liz asked across the breakfast table to her best friend. She didn’t get any sleep last night just wondering if Max saw her performance. She had reached out so many times to him during and after the show, but all she got was an empty feeling. A feeling she wished would be filled by him once again.
“I’m not sure.” Maria took a bite out of her toast. She didn’t want to hurt Liz by telling her the truth.

“He didn’t watch it did he?” Liz knew Maria was trying to spare her feelings, but she knew in her heart that Max hadn’t watched it last night.

“I’m sorry, but Michael recorded it. I’m sure he’ll watch it.” Maria hoped that he did.

“It’s okay, I figured as much. He hates me.” Liz finished sadly, letting the tears spill from the corners of her eyes. Maria was quickly at her side, “Liz, just call him.”

“No. I can’t call him. What am I supposed to say?” Liz wiped the tears from her eyes and looked up at her best friend. She knew Maria meant well but the situation was hopeless in her eyes.

“You can tell him how you feel.”

“No, he won’t listen to me; he won’t even believe me.” Liz rose from her chair and fully intended on crying for the rest of the afternoon.

“Why not Liz? He’ll listen if you’re honest, then he’ll know.” Maria pleaded with her friend to try.

“Why not? Maria, I broke his heart. What am I supposed to do, try to fix it over the phone? That’s not going to work.” Liz stepped out of the kitchen but Maria’s voice stopped her.

“Then don’t.”

“Don’t?”

“Do it in person Liz.”

“Maria, what are you talking about?”

“I say we need a vacation…someplace a lot less populated, hot and sandy. I say…Roswell Here We Come!”

TBC…

Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) by Phil Collins
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Conflicting feelings going on here huh? Well that's my M.O. afterall. Thanks for the feedback I love it!! And for those of you looking for an amazing story to read...if your not reading get the hell over here...

A Month Of Sundays - It's just an amazing story and I highly recommend you read it!

*Cherie - Ya damn right we do whine good for each other!*

Chapter 28

Unfortunately the vacation didn’t come for another month. With the opening of the film, Liz needed to finish the press tour; she fought Kyle over the entire ordeal but ultimately gave in. She just hoped that it wasn’t too long; Max was waiting. In some ways, she thought giving him time might be better. At least she hoped it would.

“Liz you ready?” Maria walked into her best friend’s bedroom and saw her staring at herself in the mirror with an indefinable expression. She hoped that Liz did not change her mind; after all, Maria had already called Michael to prepare him for their arrival.

Michael was glad to hear that Liz was going to take the initiative and try and reconcile with Max. They were all worried about Max’s behavior since they returned from their trip. In fact, it seemed as though Max simply stopped caring about Liz, which was something that worried Maria the most.

Maria knew that Liz was still in a delicate place, but with Max she knew that Liz could overcome any obstacle. But what if Max didn’t want to have anything to do with her? Maria had not brought to light this information or the fact that she knew Max was dating a girl for the past three weeks. Michael had told her the girl was really nice but she didn’t make Max happy, not like Liz had. Maria just hoped that Michael was not wrong, for Liz’s sake.

“Yes, I’m all ready. I just…I’m scared Maria.” Liz turned her teary gaze towards her best friend. She was not just scared, she was terrified. She felt Max close himself off to her and she ached inside for him. At first, she thought it was just because of the connection; after all, it would only be natural now that she didn’t feel him. She soon realized that she missed him in every way.

She missed the way he made her smile and laugh. He brought out the best in her and she knew it more than anyone. The only problem was she didn’t know or rather she didn’t believe that she deserved that. There was still a big part of her that believed that happiness was just not in the cards she was dealt.

She had gone out to her mother’s grave that morning. She had brought her mother fresh roses from the garden and after, she sat there crying and talking to her mother. Liz knew what she did to Max was wrong. She practically begged for her mother to give her something, a sign that she could hold onto to help her confront him. And just like that her prayers were answered. The wind blew gently, carrying the scent of the flowers through the air and for just one split second, she felt him.

“Good, because Kyle is going to pop a blood vessel if he doesn’t see Tess soon,” Maria said seriously but then took one look at the smirk on Liz’s face and both girls were soon giggling like teenagers again.

“Hey! You guys want to get the hell down here?” Kyle yelled from the base of the stairs in the living room. Why did it take forever for girls to get downstairs if they are supposedly already packed? Kyle just didn’t understand it. He was beyond anxious to see Tess again. They had their long distance relationship going and so far so good, mainly because he kept busy with work. Now he was going to see her after almost two months apart.

Kyle remembered the day that Tess told him what she was; he practically went running from her but when he reached the door and turned to look into her crystal blue eyes filled with such pain, he couldn’t walk away. For him, at that moment, it didn’t matter what she was, he had already fallen for her; so why should the fact that she was an alien make a difference? It didn’t change his feelings for her. In fact, it made him feel that much more important to her since she had not shared that fact with anyone she had ever dated in the past.

“Calm down! Roswell is not blowing off the map anytime soon!” Maria leaned over the banister to Kyle.

“Yeah, yeah! Let’s just get going.” Kyle said, grabbing the bags from Liz and Maria’s hands as they descended the stairs.

“Max, where are you going now?” Tess tried to stop Max from leaving the house, since she knew that in a few short hours Kyle, Maria and Liz would be arriving. They all made a decision not to tell Max about Liz’s arrival, at her request.

“I’m going to go grab something to eat with Veronica and then when I get back, I’m taking Nicky to the park why?” Max turned eyeing Tess suspiciously; in fact, if he really thought about it, they were all acting weird for the past week. He knew that by asking them he would not get his answer, so he didn’t.

“Just wondering because Isabel is making a big dinner tonight, and I just didn’t want you to miss it.” Tess said trying to be as nonchalant as possible but knew she was failing miserably.

“She is? For what?” Max didn’t remember Isabel mentioning making a big dinner so he knew something was going on, but he had no idea what it was.

“Just, she wanted to do it for everyone; you know she’s got that motherly thing going on or whatever.” Tess shrugged hoping Max would not continue to question her.

“That’s fine; maybe I’ll ask Ver…”

“No!” Shit! Why did she have to react so strongly?

“No? Why not?”

“Well, it’s for family only. Besides, you know how Isabel feels about her and…”

“Yes I know. In fact, I know how you all feel but what you don’t understand is that Liz and I aren’t together and never will be.”

“Max this has nothing to do with Liz. It has to do with the fact that we all know she’s the rebound girl and you really shouldn’t string her along to try and forget.” Tess told him honestly, knowing that it struck a chord with Max.

“You know what? It doesn’t matter what I’m doing with her. It’s no ones business but mine. Don’t you guys want me to be happy?” Max asked crossing the room, taking a seat on the arm of the couch Tess was currently sitting on.

“Yes, we want you to be happy but she’s not the one that…”

“Don’t finish that sentence okay? Please, I know you guys mean well but it’s been almost two months. I know damn well she knows the number and address. She could have called or written if she didn’t know what to say over the phone, but she didn’t. I’m not going to wait around forever for her to just pop back into my life because I know that’s not going to happen.” Max finished sadly. He truly missed Liz and knew that going out with Veronica was just to keep his mind occupied. He had wanted to call Liz a thousand times but what would he say? He told her everything he needed to tell her that day he left her house, the ball was in her court. He said it once and he would say it a hundred more times, she had to choose.

“Okay Max but just think about it okay?” Max agreed although he had no intention of thinking about Liz any longer. He left the house and met up with Veronica for an early lunch.

After a very long flight, Liz, Maria and Kyle landed at the airport and their limo was waiting to take them to their final destination.

Liz slipped on her headphones to try and ease the tension and nervousness she felt. In about an hour, she would be standing face to face with Max. What if he didn’t want to see her? That was a question that played over in her mind for the past several weeks. What if she waited too long to see him? She didn’t think she could survive his rejection but she was willing to put herself out there for him, no for them.

She wanted to be with him but convincing him of that would be difficult to say the least that much she knew without a doubt. He would have to trust her, something she was sure he didn’t. Nevertheless, she would try and if in the end he didn’t want her, she would high-tail it back to California to live out her miserable existence alone.

She did try to look on the bright side. She was finally dealing with what happened to her through therapy but that was going slowly. Probably more slowly than it normally would because Liz knew that the one person that could make the pain go away was Max. She needed him but not just for that reason, but for several. She loved him and knew in her heart he would be the only one she would ever love.

Maria watched the emotions flash across Liz’s face as they approached the house. She herself could feel the anxiety roll off of Liz in thick waves; she didn’t need to be part alien for that either. It was clearly evident in the fact that Liz had managed to pick off every single nail she had and bit her lip more times during that car ride than in the entire time Maria has known her.

“Liz, it will be okay. We’ll all be there, backing you up.” Maria reached out her arm and placed it around Liz, trying to bring her some comfort. Liz smiled softly trying to steel herself for the confrontation with Max.

“Liz, he loves you. You know that he’s just hurt and you have given him time, which I think is good. Maybe he won’t see it at first but I think he will; don’t worry yourself to death over it. We are here for two weeks, so that is plenty of time.” Kyle said giving Liz’s hand a squeeze.

Moments later, they all sat in silence and were all startled from their thoughts at the sound of the driver saying that they had arrived at their destination. Liz’s body went tense and she wanted to cry at that moment, but decided to say a quick prayer and took a deep breath.

“Wow, it’s such a beautiful house! It’s so homey and welcoming. I love it!” Maria said once the existed the limo.

“Yeah, it is.” Liz said staring at the three-story Spanish style home. She thought it was perfect, not too big…just right. She quickly wondered if Max was inside yet or not.

“Come on girl, it’s time to win your man back.” Maria smiled looping her arm with Liz’s, walking up to the front porch. Kyle trailed behind after giving the driver directions to wait until they decided what they would be doing.

“Let me Maria.” Liz said as Maria went to ring the doorbell.

Liz reached out a trembling hand to ring the doorbell; the only problem was just as she did, the door swung open in her surprise.

“Liz?”

“Max.”

What was she doing here? Max asked himself silently. He was about to leave the house to take Nicky to the park before dinner was done.

“Hi Max!” Maria decided to break the silence, wrapping her arms around Max and giving him a kiss on his cheek. Kyle quickly approached at that point, standing beside Liz knowing how difficult it was for her.

“Hi Maria, Kyle…Liz.” Max said swallowing thickly. He thought she looked different, but just as beautiful as he remembered.

“Max, who’s at the front door?!” Isabel yelled when she heard voices at the front door, one of which was her brother.

Max turned around just as Isabel reached his side. Isabel already knew who they each were but waited until Max introduced them.

“It’s nice to finally meet all of you. Why don’t you come in?” Isabel and Max both stepped back to allow the three of them into the living room. Moments later, both Michael and Tess entered the living room.

Isabel, Max and Liz watched as Maria and Michael and Tess and Kyle greeted one another. They each got dragged off for some privacy. Isabel chanced a quick glance at Liz, who was currently staring at Max with a longing in her eyes, a longing Isabel was all too familiar with since her brother had carried that look for years over Liz.

“So, let me go get Jesse. Max, are you still taking Nicky to the park?” Isabel watched as her brother completely closed himself off. He didn’t chance a look in Liz’s direction and she knew it was killing him but they needed to talk. She would make the introductions quick and get back to finishing dinner.

“What? Oh…yeah, but you can get Jesse first; then I’ll head out.” Isabel nodded and quickly retrieved her husband from the kitchen, leaving Max and Liz alone for just a moment. Liz didn’t know what to say, so she said the first thing that came to her mind, well not the first but one of them.

“You have a beautiful house.” Max’s heart ached with the sound of her voice. He chanced a look at her and quickly mumbled a “thank you,” before turning back to staring at his nephew, who was currently in his carrier.

“Liz, I’d like you to meet my husband Jesse; Jesse this is Liz Parker.” Jesse reached out his hand and had to admit, she was definitely everything Max had said she was and more. Just pure beauty, and he had a feeling she had no idea just how beautiful she was.

“It’s nice to meet you too.” Liz smiled genuinely at Jesse, then waited until Isabel lifted her son into her arms and introduced him to her.

“And this is Nicholas.” Isabel said hoisting her son on her hip.

“He’s beautiful and just…perfect.” Liz said somewhat awed, just knowing that Isabel could have a child with Jesse who was completely human gave her something else to long for with Max. That is if he ever looked at her again, she thought.

“Thank you Liz. So Max, how long are you going to be? Dinner should be done in about an hour.” Isabel finished quickly placing Nicky into his carrier, watching as Max lifted it and made his way back to the front door leaving Liz standing there not knowing what to do.

Max just wanted to get away from her; it hurt so bad to see her again. He didn’t know what she was there for, maybe to talk, but he just wasn’t ready. He was glad for some reprieve but the next words from his sister’s mouth had him groaning inwardly.

“Max, why don’t you take Liz with you?” Liz didn’t even let Max answer.

“No Isabel, its okay. I’ll just stay here.” Max felt like an ass. He knew this was hard on her. He couldn’t not care about her, a fact that he wanted to lie to himself about.

“Come with me Liz, at least let me show you around our little town before it gets to be pitch black outside.” Liz looked into his eyes to see if he was being sincere or not; he was, so she agreed.

“Where are Max and Liz?” Maria asked after her and Michael’s heavy make out session in his bedroom. Isabel just eyed Michael suspiciously and waited until he squirmed under her scrutiny.

“She and Max took Nicky to the park.”

“What?! You mean that Max talked to her?” Maria couldn’t believe it was just going to be that easy.

“No, that is not what I said Maria.” Isabel had gotten to know Maria very well since she had called the house every moment she could to talk to Michael. Isabel was at times grateful for an adult to talk to, not that Maria let Isabel talk all that much. Mostly it was Maria talking and Isabel throwing in a word here and there.

“I said they went together, but I don’t know if my suggestion was a good one. I hope they don’t kill each other.” Isabel joked but then saw Maria and Tess pale at the thought.

“I’m kidding. I mean, they’ll be fine; besides, Nicky is with them and Max won’t argue in front of him. It will be fine.” Isabel said to reassure herself more than anyone else.

The quick car ride to the park was done in total silence. Liz felt like jumping out of the car and crying herself all the way back home. This was much harder that she ever imagine. He was so hurt and it killed her to know that she caused it.

“So, do you come here often with him?” Liz asked as Max took a seat on a bench near a small pond in the center of the park. Max removed Nicky from his carrier, cradling him in his arms. Liz smiled at the picture they painted.

“For the past few weeks, I just sit out here and talk to him. He can’t talk but I like to think he understands me, you know?”

“Yeah.” Liz finished softly, still standing beside him. She wanted to take a seat next to him but decided he probably didn’t even want her there.

“Sit Liz, I don’t bite.”

“I-I know, it’s just that…I don’t know what to say.”

“Then don’t…say anything.” Max finished softly and that is exactly what they did for the next half hour. They sat in silence. They both needed the time to reflect on everything that happened between them. Liz was somewhat grateful for the silence, because at that moment there was no hurt, no arguing; it was just her and Max.

A few minutes later, Max’s cell phone went off. It was Isabel saying that dinner was done and that they should head back. Max knew damn well that Isabel called to make sure they weren’t killing one another.

“I guess we should head back for dinner. Did you guys eat anything?” Max asked as they pulled out onto the main road heading back home.

“Not really; I had some crackers on the plane but that was about it.” Max didn’t like the sound of that at all. She wasn’t eating because she was stressed out. He was going to tell her as much but decided it wasn’t his place.

Dinner was filled with fun and laughter for everyone, including Liz and Max. They sat on opposite ends of the table but they both stole glances at one another throughout dinner. Liz finally felt comfortable that she could talk to Max but she needed to wait until they were alone together.

“I’m going to get dessert.” Isabel announced rising from the table. Liz was quick to add that she would help her. Isabel knew that Liz had a question to ask her, so she didn’t try to stop her from helping. They were both in the kitchen; Isabel was setting up a tray and was hit with a wave of nervousness and anxiety, which she knew was coming from Liz.

“Liz, you have to calm down. You are going to give yourself a heart attack before you speak to the man.” Isabel finished throwing Liz a smile and lending her support. Liz just smiled and decided it was now or never to find out what she had been thinking since the moment she met Isabel.

“Can I ask you a question?” Liz said grabbing the dessert plates.

“Yes, ask me anything you want Liz.” Isabel said as she sliced thick slices of the French Silk Pie she made.

“Why don’t you hate me? I mean, I hurt him so bad; you shouldn’t even want me in your house.” Liz didn’t have the nerve to look at Isabel at that moment. She decided to count the plates in front of her instead.

“Before I answer that, let me ask you a few questions.” Liz was a little surprised by Isabel’s response but nodded just the same.

“Do you love him?”

“Yes.”

“Are you here to tell him that?”

“Yes.”

“Do you think he’ll believe you?”

“No.”

“Last question, what do you plan on doing about that?” Isabel and Liz locked eyes at that moment. Liz answered her as honestly as possible.

“Anything and everything I can to get him back.”

“Then, my answer for you is simple Liz. I could never hate the woman my brother has chosen to be his forever. If he thinks your special, then I know you are.” Isabel smiled and walked out of the kitchen, carrying the pie tray out into the dining room.

Liz just stood there, thinking about what Isabel just said. She didn’t know what it was, but just knowing the Max’s sister was behind her gave her that extra push to resolve this thing between her and Max, as soon as possible.

“Thank you so much for dinner and dessert; it was great! I’m so full right now.” Michael rolled his eyes at Maria, knowing that she would probably head to her hotel and order room service. He didn’t understand how she stayed so thin eating as much as she did.

“Yes, thank you Isabel for everything.” Liz smiled and Isabel returned the gesture knowing what else Liz was thanking her for.

“Well, let’s go ladies; our chariot waits.” Kyle said after kissing Tess goodnight.

“Wait!” Kyle, Maria and Liz turned around at the sound of Tess’ voice. Max was curious as to what Tess had up her sleeve at the moment.

“Yeah?” Maria asked.

“Why...why don’t you guys stay here? I mean, you guys are probably staying at the Tumbleweed Inn, and well…”

“Yes, that’s a great idea! We have plenty of room.” Max rolled his eyes and crossed his arms when his sister joined the cause. To top it off, Michael threw his two cents in.

“Yeah, you don’t want to stay in that hell hole of a motel.” Michael threw Max a smirk, knowing damn well that Max knew what they were all trying to do.

Liz took one look at Max’s facial expression and decided against taking them up on the offer.

“No, I don’t think that’s such a good idea. We’ll just see you guys tomorrow or…” Liz finally realized the entire room was staring at her and she felt really self-conscious. Max knew Liz thought he didn’t want her there; that couldn’t be further from the truth. He missed her more than he wanted to say but he didn’t want her to feel unwelcome, so he quickly stepped in.

“I think you guys should stay.” Everyone’s head snapped in Max’s direction, not really believing their ears.

“A-are you sure?” Liz asked him hesitantly.

“Yes, I am.”

TBC…I will update The Long Way Home tomorrow :wink:
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - This is it guys only the Epilogue left which I will come back with on Wednesday. I just want to thank all of you for your encouraging words as well as your amazing and sometimes heated feedback, it was a fun ride! And so another one is coming to an end and I want to say thank you for venturing down this one with me, it means more to me than you know :wink: I hope you enjoy this!

Chapter 29

That evening, everyone settled into their respective rooms for the night. Max couldn’t sleep knowing that Liz was just two doors down from him. He thought about going to talk to her a few times but decided that she really needed to be the one to take the first step, as immature as that sounded to him.

Liz couldn’t sleep but she tried. She knew that she needed to get some kind of rest for the conversation that would have to take place between her and Max the following day. It was of course easier said than done. She ached to talk to him or even just see him but it was pointless to want anything at that time.

The following morning, breakfast was served up by Michael and everyone ate with much the same tone as they had at dinner the previous evening. Max announced that he needed to go take care of something and that he would be back shortly. Liz decided to choose that moment to stop Max once he reached the front door.

“Max, wait.” Max turned quickly, not realizing that Liz was that close to him. He looked down into her face and saw the pain etched across it, but he couldn’t think about that; he was supposed to meet Veronica.

“Liz, I’ll be back.”

“I wanted to talk to you.” Liz looked away. He could either say he never wanted to talk to her or offer her to come along. She received neither response.

“Later Liz; I have to go meet someone.”

“Who?” She wanted to slap her hand across her mouth as soon as the question left her lips but it was too late.

“Veronica.” Liz knew she never heard that name before and wondered who she was. Unfortunately, Max gave her the answer; not to hurt her but he didn’t want to lie, incase it came out later.

“She’s a girl I’ve been seeing.” Max finished softly. He wanted to kick himself for hurting her but again he wasn’t one for lying to her, not anymore.

“Oh, well then…okay. I’ll see you later.” Liz turned on her heels fully intending on running out the backdoor to cry.

“Liz, wait.” Liz halted at his words but she wouldn’t turn around. When Max saw that she wasn’t going to turn around, he approached her slowly before he explained himself.

“It’s not what you think…”

“It’s okay Max, you have a life. It’s been, what two months? I’ll just see you later.” Liz said walking towards the kitchen, without waiting for Max’s response. Max knew that he needed to hurry up with what he intended to do and come back and talk to Liz.

It took Max a few hours to return home after he explained to Veronica what was going on, and how he was sorry for essentially using her to take his mind off of Liz. She didn’t take it that well but after he talked to her for a little longer, she came to understand how much he loved Liz. Without much resistance, she let him leave. Max couldn’t head straight home. He needed to clear his head and prepare himself for whatever it was Liz wanted to discuss.

What if she wanted to tell him that she was wrong to let him leave? What if she wanted to say she wanted him in her life forever? What if she wanted to…hell Max didn’t know what she was thinking. All he knew was that the wait was killing him, so he headed straight home.

Unfortunately, when he got there, Tess and Kyle told him Liz went to bed about an hour ago. He guessed he would have to wait until tomorrow. He made his way upstairs. When he passed her room he knew he couldn’t wait another day, let alone another hour, to talk to her. He quietly crept into her room and saw her sprawled out above the sheets on the bed. She still took his breath away. He didn’t think he would ever grow tired of watching her.

He crossed the room and took a seat on the windowsill to watch her sleep. The moonlight provided enough light for him to see her perfect features. Max was so lost in his thoughts that he didn’t realize that he started to open up his connection, which caused Liz to wake up immediately. Her eyes popped open and met his in a heated stare. Her breathing was hitched. She had almost forgotten what it was like to feel him.

Once Max saw her eyes open, he knew it was too late to close himself off again without seeing the hurt in her eyes. He kept it open, but only a little.

“Max, what are you doing here? I guess you’re done with Veronica, huh?” Liz finished bitterly as she wiped the sleep from her eyes just to be sure he wasn’t a figment of her imagination.

“Liz, she didn’t mean anything to me. She was just there to keep my mind off of you. We didn’t even kiss,” Max said, trying to explain himself, deciding that didn’t matter; that wasn’t what was important. “I…I want to show you something. Will you come with me?” Max asked crossing the room to stand in front of her. Liz sat up and told him to give her a few minutes to change.

Liz didn’t know where they were going. All she knew was that this was going to be her one and only opportunity to tell him what she was feeling. She couldn’t hold anything back; if she did, she knew she would loose him forever.

They drove down a deserted dusty road. Finally, at the base of some rock formations, they came to a stop. Max got out and made his way over to Liz’s door to let her out. He reached out his hand for her take and she did so willingly.

Once they reached a landing, Max looked down at Liz quickly before reaching out his hand in front of him, waving it in front of the rock they were standing in front of. He placed his hand on the silver handprint imbedded in the rock, took a deep breath and concentrated until the cave slightly off to the left of them opened.

Liz couldn’t believe what she was seeing. She took in a soft gasp when the silver handprint appeared but she was completely amazed when she saw that with a little concentration Max made an opening appear. She should have been terrified but it was kind of cool to her.

Max, never letting go of her hand, led her into the cave. Liz looked around quickly and then had to ask where they were out of pure curiosity. She couldn’t wait until Max told her. “It’s where Isabel, Tess, Michael and I were born.” Liz’s eyebrows furrowed together in confusion and Max let go of her hand. She was probably sickened by the reality or so he thought.

“You… born…how?” Max took a deep breath and explained that the four pod chambers that were now directly behind her were where they ‘hatched’ from. She knew already they were in the crash of ’47 but she didn’t know that they didn’t come out right away. Liz listened intently to Max as he shared his entire life story, at least what he remembered of it, with her.

“Wow! That’s just amazing Max. I mean…wow!” Liz was speechless. It was one thing having Max tell her he’s a half alien half human hybrid, it was another seeing that he was indeed very different from her in the aspect of how he came to be. Max mistook the amazement in her voice as disgust and confusion. He wasn’t sure if she was still okay with it or not since the look on her face screamed confusion…to him anyway.

“I know it’s hard for you to understand that I’m so different, that I look the same as you…” Max went on to further explain but Liz cut him off quickly.

“No, it’s not Max. I truly think it’s a miracle that you guys survived. I know none of you could ever hurt anyone, but I also understand how hard it must have been for you guys growing up.” Liz finished sadly and decided to take that opportunity to approach Max. She was now standing directly in front of him. He gave her a small smile and decided it was time to leave. Liz let him lead her back outside and waited until the entrance closed once again. Max started down the small slope towards the car but Liz needed to tell him how she felt.

“Don’t you want to know why I came here?” Max stopped mid step at her question, but he didn’t turn around.

“I do but I’m not sure I want that answer Liz.” He heard her tiny footsteps approach him as she came to stop right behind him.

“I needed to see you Max.”

“Why?”

“Because I love you.”

“No…don’t say it. I don’t…I can’t go through it again Liz.” Max said in a strained voice; he didn’t want to believe it.

“No, Max just listen to me, please.” Liz pleaded with him, tears in her eyes and a lump of fear in her throat. Max turned around slowly, waiting to hear what she had to say to him.

“I was so wrong Max. I’m so sorry I hurt you because that was the last thing I wanted to do. I didn’t want to feel everything I felt being around you. I didn’t think I deserved it.” Liz let the tears slip from the corners of her eyes and Max fought himself to not wipe them away.

“Why? Did I not make you feel like you deserved it?” Max had to ask; he had to know if he didn’t love her enough.

“Max, I was scared.”

“Scared of what? Me?” It was Max’s worst nightmare, that she was terrified of who he was despite the fact that she said she wasn’t.

“No! Max, I was scared that I couldn’t love you the way you deserved to be loved. Until you, I didn’t think true love existed. I was a cynical person, hell I still am but now because of you, I know it does exist. And it’s right in front of me,” Liz said, reaching her hands out to him and intertwining their fingers. Max looked down at their hands, the same but so different, he thought.

“I thought we were alone; that we were destined to be alone forever, since we didn’t complete our mission, whatever that may have been. I didn’t want to believe that what I am was just some experiment or something. I never thought I could ever have someone love me despite that...” Max didn’t know what to say to her, he was so hurt. He truly believed that one day she would really realize what he was and walk away, that would kill him and he knew it.

“You were wrong Max, so wrong. I love you Max…”

“Why did you let me walk away?” Max was trying hard to keep his emotions at bay. He didn’t want to open his heart, not yet; not until he knew the truth. Not until he knew this was forever.

“That was the biggest mistake of my life.” Liz reached out her hands and framed his face before continuing.

“I should have told you that I would give it all up for you. I should have begged you to forgive me. I should have loved you better Max. I should have trusted you, the way you trusted me. I will never forgive myself for making you feel like you weren’t good enough, because the truth is you are more than enough. I know that I’m sorry doesn’t make it better, but I can give you one thing, if you let me.” Liz let her tears fall freely as she wiped Max’s tears from his cheeks.

“W-what?” Liz closed her eyes and willed Max to let her back into his heart. Max felt her trying to break down his barrier and with one look into her eyes, he let the wall drop. They stared into each other’s eyes, their emotions flowing over them in waves. He could feel all her pain, anger, frustration and love. She loved him, she always did. Max felt as though his heart would burst at that moment. She let him into her soul completely. At that moment, he knew everything he ever wanted to know about Liz Parker.

Liz let her tears flow steadily when she felt Max’s pain and fear that she had let him leave because she was really scared of what he was. Almost instantly, she felt his relief that he was wrong. She saw Max Evans in a way she had never before. He let her into every part of his soul and she felt the most amazing thing…love. His love for her was perfect and she knew she was blessed. She knew that it didn’t get any better than that.

What seemed like a lifetime later, they pulled away physically but they were still connected and they both welcomed the feeling. Max pulled Liz to him in that instant and sealed his lips with hers. He missed holding her, kissing her and just being around her.

Their kiss grew into something more; they needed to become one with each other. Max slid his tongue along her bottom lip and Liz quickly allowed him entrance to take it further. She missed him more than words could ever express. Max made love to her mouth and she loved every moment of it.

They pulled away, panting for air. Max, still holding her, kissed the top of her head. Liz looked up into his eyes and said, “I love you Max. I missed you so much.” She began to cry and Max wrapped his arms around her, carrying her to the car. They drove back to the house in silence but with their connection open, their hearts spoke to one another.

They made it back in record time and Max carried her to his room, needing to kiss her once again. After locking his door, he approached her and took her in his arms once again, leaning forward and kissing her gently.

“I love you Liz. I will love you for the rest of my life.” Liz smiled at his words and let them echo through the connection back at him. Liz pulled him down against her, allowing him to seal his lips with her. He nipped at the tender flesh along her neck and began to remove her shirt, allowing his hands to roam her body freely.

“I missed being with you like this.” Liz whispered, as she pulled his shirt over his head, trailing her hands down his muscular chest. Max ran his hands through her soft silky hair before running his tongue over her now exposed breasts. He tugged on them gently, enjoying the soft moans escaping her sweet lips. Max removed her jeans as well as his own, joined her back on the bed and continued his assault on her body.

“Make love to me Max, please.” Max ran his hands down her body and Liz parted her legs, allowing him to ease gently between them. He attacked her lips with such a strong desire it left Liz panting for him to take her body at that moment. The need was growing by the second for Max. He needed to be with her, he needed to love her with his body; most of all, he needed her to consume him.

Gently, he reached his hand between them and guided himself to her opening, but before he joined their bodies, he asked her to open her eyes. “What Max?” Liz couldn’t take it a moment longer. She needed to be with him, she needed him to love her mind, body and soul.

“Promise me Liz…promise me you’ll never leave me.” Max knew her answer as soon as the question left his mouth, but he needed to hear it. Liz reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him back down against her and whispered into his ear, “I promise you I’ll never leave you Max, but promise me you’ll…” Max silenced her with a feather light kiss and answered her question. “I promise Liz…I’ll never leave you.” He sealed his lips with hers as he joined their bodies.

Hours later, they laid in silence, wrapped in each other’s arms but there were questions that were left unanswered for both of them. Liz felt Max’s concerns and decided to ask him what he was thinking about.

“What do we do now Liz? I mean, I’m here and you’re there. What do you want for us?” He whispered out softly to her. Liz turned in his arms to face him in the early morning sun.

“I told you before Max and I meant it. I would give it all up for you.” Max pushed her hair away from her face, kissing her lips softly.

“Do you want to give it all up Liz? Your career, you worked so hard all these years.”

“I will do whatever you want me to do Max. I just want to be with you and if that means that I have to give it up, then I will with no regrets. You are the only thing that matters to me and I will do anything to be with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Max.” Max smiled at her words, lifted himself off the bed and made his way over to his dresser. He returned to the bed, asking her to join him outside on his balcony. She pulled his shirt over her body and he pulled his jeans back on and they made their way outside.

“Liz, I never thought in a million years I would be here with you, but I am. It’s still hard to believe, but I know holding you in my arms tonight that there isn’t any other place I’d rather be. So I’ll tell you this now; even though I will be away from my family, the only home I’ve ever known, I would follow you wherever you asked. I don’t want you to give up your career Liz. I could never ask you to do that, but thank you for telling me that you would because I know it’s the truth. You have an amazing talent and I would never want to hold you back, so…” He smiled at her and took in a deep breath before lowering himself onto one knee.

Liz quickly covered her mouth with both her hands to stave off the scream she was ready to let out from pure shock. She looked down into his face, waiting for him to say or rather ask what he was about to ask.

“I’m not asking you this to get you to choose between me or your career. Like I said, I don’t want you to give it up, but I know that you would choose me either way. For that, I can’t even express how happy I am. I love you Elizabeth Parker. I have loved you since I was twelve. I know that no matter what we go through, no matter what lays ahead for us, as long as I have you by my side, we will make it.” Max reached out for her hand and opened his left palm, revealing a beautiful diamond ring, “Will you marry me?” Max asked, waiting with baited breath for her answer.

“Before I give you my answer, I just have something to say.” Max nodded and waited for her to finish. Liz wiped the falling tears quickly from her eyes and continued.

“I know that in the beginning, you may have thought that I didn’t trust you, but that wasn’t it. I didn’t trust myself, to let you in. I will never do that again. I’ve been through a lot in my life so far and I’m still young; so I know there is more heartache and pain to come, but there isn’t another person on this planet or any other that I would want to hold my hand through it all than you. I know the pain of the past will soon fade into the background, but it won’t be because of some therapist, it will be because of your love. You may have intergalactic powers but that is nothing compared to your heart and your unselfish way of loving someone else. So…Max Evans, I say…yes!”

Max didn’t try and fight his tears at her speech and her answer for that matter. He simply slipped the ring on her petite finger, rose to his feet, and sealed their lips together once again.

Max Evans had a dream once; a dream of meeting Elizabeth Parker, movie star and dream girl. One day he woke up and that dream had become a reality right before his very eyes. He would never forget the effort of everyone he loved to make that dream a reality. He would also never forget how a cute brunette with big brown eyes stole his heart and soul so many years ago. He should have known the first time he saw her, she held a great power behind her eyes…the key to his heart.

The End