Fleeing Roswell (AU, CC, TEEN)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

ooc: started these before going to sleep last night... now posting these before I go to work... Maria's will be done tonight when I get home from work.

~Tess~

I try to ignore the conversation ensuing from Kyle and Alex, feeling that it’s not anything that should concern me, but yet it did. Before all this, Kyle had looked at me differently, now I had a feeling all he was going to do was fear me. Maybe that was just as well. Then, I looked at the others and realized that it wouldn’t do for me to make enemies amongst our own group. Besides, at the moment I knew none of the others would be any good to me. Isabel needed Alex by her; Maria was focused on her concern for Liz and Michael. So, when Kyle made a move to push his plate away and ask, "Anyone object if I go take a little walk?"

I stood and looked at the others, “While the rest of you eat, I’ll go with Kyle. I think it’s time I had a few words with him.” I knew this wasn’t going to be easy. I was certain he wouldn’t want me around but I had to do something especially since I’d be riding with him. As much as I hate that Liz and Max are joined at the hip, I know that my place doesn’t have to be at Max’s side to do my duty to my husband. He may not be my husband in this life, but I knew from everything that Nacedo had told me… I was his wife.

Besides, in a way, I knew what it was Kyle felt. Nacedo had been my father and I’d lost him. I wasn’t completely sure what I was supposed to do now. Nacedo had planned everything out, always given me good directions so that I could do what was needed, so now it felt terrible not knowing. What was I to do? I feel as though I have no direction in my life and I can’t help but feel that I am still on the outside of this group. Max, Michael and Isabel are like me and yet I’m not really a part of them the way Nacedo had always said I would be.

I sigh and look at Kyle, “I’m not going to hurt you, Kyle… I promise.” I tell him, knowing that more then likely he sees me as a monster now that he knows. He’d been showing a slight interest in me before but I know that now I wouldn’t be able to use that to our advantage. And as much as I feel mindwarping him would be smarter, I know that if I were in his shoes, I’d rather know about my father then not know or have a false sense.

Maybe when he hears about Nacedo he’ll realize that we aren’t quite so different after all. Isabel had told me once that I needed to be more human… well maybe this would show that I am more human.

~Isabel~

I watch Michael take my brother off and can’t help but feel worried about him. I don’t even want to think about everything they could have done to him. The things I’d seen when I had dream walked him were bad enough to leave me with a sour taste in my mouth and fear. I’m certain that there were plenty of things I didn’t see, that I didn’t know about. Okay, so a part of me wants to start throwing blame for this. If not for Nacedo Max wouldn’t have been captured, if not for Max healing Liz he wouldn’t have been in danger, and all those other hurtful things I could think of. But, I know it’s not them I should be blaming. It’s the FBI and the way humans automatically fear us.

Alex tries to help ease Kyle’s mind as they talk and I can’t help but feel better knowing that Alex will be around but I’m still afraid that we’ve brought him, Maria, Liz and Kyle into a more dangerous situation. When Kyle talks about going for a walk, I’m about to suggest that Maria or Alex go with him but Tess stands and says that she will go. I can see a look in her eyes I only saw once before and it was shortly after she learned that Nacedo hadn’t made it out.

Maybe, just maybe it would be a good idea for her to go and do this. I just hoped she wouldn’t screw anything up. My food was still in front of me, but I couldn’t really bring myself to eat. That wasn’t the best thing for me to even think about. I could take a bite here and there, but I didn’t actually taste it.

“Okay, but for safety don’t go too far and Tess, if it looks like you’ll need to hide yourselves in whatever way you have to.” I suggest and she nods so I know that she understood what I meant. I know I didn’t have to remind her, but I still felt that it was the best idea. I know that she’s more used to the need to do this sort of thing because Nacedo prepared her for it and was always moving her around making her practice.

I look towards the bathroom as I wish that Michael and Max would hurry up and return. I see Liz out there, she just seems to be stressed out and I glance at Maria who seems to be staring in the same direction. “Maria, why don’t you go ahead over there to stand with Liz? Looks like she could use her best-friend.”

Maria jumps at first and then nods before standing, her food barely touched and I’m sure she’s spent the last few minutes trying not to picture Michael being in Max’s place. When she walks away, I place my hands in my lap where they can’t be seen by anyone other then Alex should he look or if someone moved to the side of me. My hands clench as I begin wondering just how we were going to be able to do this. How could we make it? Just the eight of us?
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Post by magikhands »

Max

"I'm mostly worried about Kyle. He's not even a friend."

I nod as I pulled my shirt over my head. "I know. I'm worried about it too, but he's in this as much as we are now. His father is dead because of us. If he hadn't come with us, the FBI would have gone after him. He knew nothing about what was going on but he saw us leave. He knew that we were leaving together. He would have told them."

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. "We'll just have to keep an eye on him...until we know we can trust him or he us."

Glancing in the mirror I see that I look better. I feel better. That...breakdown actually helped clear my head.

"Come on. Let's get the others and on the road. I'd like to put more distance between us and Roswell before we can really sit and talk to him."
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

"... He knew nothing about what was going on but he saw us leave. He knew that we were leaving together. He would have told them. We'll just have to keep an eye on him...until we know we can trust him or he us." Max explains.

"Yeah, I know," I tell Max. I do understand it. I'm not really disagreeing. But that doesn't mean I have to LIKE it.

"Come on. Let's get the others and on the road. I'd like to put more distance between us and Roswell before we can really sit and talk to him," Max says.

I automatically get up and start to follow Max out of the room. We've gone two steps towards the door before I realize what's going on. Max is back. Calling the shots. Getting things moving. As much as that attitude has annoyed me, I'm glad to see it now. Max may not be 100% but he's definately close again.

"Yes, sir!" I say with a smile and a mock salute as I catch up with him at the door. "I'm all for that, too." As I open the door, I see Liz still standing outside but Maria's standing with her now. "Hey girls. Last chance for a potty break because we're on our way out."

*Kyle*

I knew it! I can't even go on a walk on my own. Immediately, I get a 'guard,' and it's TESS. One of the alien creepazoids. Nice.

“I’m not going to hurt you, Kyle… I promise,” she says.

"How re-assuring," I say, gritting my teeth. I'm supposed to take her word for it ... why exactly? I've just discovered I don't know squat about her. Even after driving most of the day alone with her in a car, I still don't have any idea what all this is about. I just want some time alone with my thoughts, but I gotta have a baby-sitter. Are they gonna let me go to the bathroom on my own?
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by magikhands »

Max

"Yes, sir!" Michael says with a smile and a mock salute when he catches up with me at the door. "I'm all for that, too."

I roll my eyes at him and give a chuckle. It felt good. That's when I realize that for the first time in 48 hours that I had smiled...I had felt .... good. I can only hope that it's a good sign.

Outside the door Liz and Maria are waiting. "Hey girls. Last chance for a potty break because we're on our way out." Michael says as we exit the shower room.

My eyes go to Liz and I can see the concern in her eyes and how she's watching me closely. I walk over and touch her cheek with the back of my hand. I give her a small smile.

"I'm ok...really." I assure her.
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by magikhands »

Alex

I look at Isabel when Maria leaves the table. It's just the two of us. Looking down in her lap I see that her hands are tightly clasped. I let my hand lay over them and meet her eyes. I'm a little surprised at all the emotions I see swirling around in them. Usually she's really good at keeping them hidden, hense the name 'Ice Princess'. I'm not really sure what is bothering her the most so I take a stab in the dark.

"Max will be ok. Michael is with him. He won't let anything happen to him." I try to assure her as much as myself. Max and I aren't the closest of friends but I know that Isabel loves her brother very much and worries over him...especially after what he went through with Pierce.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Michael*

I watch Max and Liz getting all cozy and I have to roll my eyes. I walk over next to Maria, wondering what she thinks of all this. Probably that Max is wonderful and I'm an ass. Well, maybe I am, but I got other priorities here.

"Can we save the lovey-dovey stuff until later? We gotta get this show on the road," I say.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Tess~

"How re-assuring," I hear Kyle say and I hadn't expected him to be happy about it. With a sigh, I simply walk over to his side, unable to keep from feeling slightly hurt which is something I don't like. I'm not supposed to feel human emotions. It's not my way. Yet, here I am feeling just that.

"Kyle, I don't expect you to believe me. I don't even expect you to like me at the moment. I haven't exactly been forthcoming with information." I begin as I prepare to follow him for the walk. "You aren't the only one that lost someone back there. The man that raised me, that taught me everything I needed to know... was like a father to me also died with your father. It may not be completely the same, but I do know some of what you are feeling."

I tell him, my voice not as cold as I normally was. "I may not be completely human, or even know what it's like to feel human because of how I was raised, but I do have feelings. Nacedo was the only family I ever had. I've never known my real parents."

I take a moment to think of what else to say before I decide to add, "Your father was a great man. We owe him so much and I wish that I could go back and change how things turned out back there just to save him. I know you are hurting, Kyle. I don't have any way of changing that. I know that to you I'm now the enemy, a monster and that you could care less what happens to me." I sigh, shaking my head, "I can't bring Sheriff Valenti back, but I can do something for him. I can keep you safe to the best of my ability."

As much as I would have rathered not having Kyle in on everything, I find myself feeling that what I'd just said rang true in my mind. I appreciate everything that the Sheriff had done and though we couldn't save him, there was something I could do. I could watch out for Kyle and in a way that would be a sort of payback for what Valenti had done for us.

"I'll tell you anything you want to know..." I offer, expecting my attempt at the proverbial olive branch to be thrown back in my face but uncertain about what else to do. I still have to decide on how to make certain that Max ends up with me like Nacedo said he was supposed to be. Like some of my memories showed me he was. I'd find some way when the time was right to help him remember what we'd had back home, but now wasn't the time. As much as I hated Max being with Liz, right now wasn't the time for me to make my move.

~Isabel~

I jump slightly at first when I feel Alex place his hand over my clasped hands but in a moment I relax, feeling a bit calmer simply from that one motion. I glance over and my eyes meet his and as much as I've often tried to keep the emotions from showing to anyone, I find that barrier down.

"Max will be ok. Michael is with him. He won't let anything happen to him." Alex says, trying to be reassuring and I can't help but try to give a small smile. It's sweet of him to be concerned, it really is. I just wish that I could be assured of the safety of all of our friends. Kyle being along only complicates things but maybe he would be a good distraction for Tess for a while in order to keep the girl from trying to hang all over Max.

"I know... Michael would never let him come to harm." I say softly, shaking my head slightly, "I just... how are we supposed to do this? We were doing good before Nacedo and Tess arrived." I begin, unable to keep myself from talking to Alex. He'd always been there when I needed to talk and he was one of the only people I ever let see beyond the facade I often gave the world.

"I mean, they came and gave us many of the answers we sought but look at the trouble Nacedo caused by taking Liz like that... and then Max getting caught... Nacedo shouldn't have used Liz as bait." As much as I'd wanted to find a way to blame Liz I hadn't been able to and even now I couldn't. Nacedo had taken Liz without even thinking about the fact that Max would have done anything to keep her safe. All he thought was that it would give Tess an opportunity and in turn get the alien hunters to follow him. At least, that's what I assume he was thinking.

"Now, not only is it dangerous for us but for you, Liz, Kyle and Maria. How are we supposed to make it, Alex?" I can't help but let loose with my concern. "I'm glad that you are here, but I don't like that you are in danger..."

~Maria~

When Isabel suggested I go to stand beside Liz, I had been deep in thought but she was right. Looking at Liz I had seen that she was deeply troubled and jumped up. Making my way to her side, I put my arm around her shoulder, "He'll be alright, chica." I tell her softly. She's my best-friend and she needs me.

Okay, so a part of me also needs her and maybe trying to help her feel more at ease could ease some of my fears. I want nothing more at the moment then to feel Michael's arms around me and know that no matter what we'll get through this together, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I should be used to this by now. Michael isn't big on the show of emotions but after the talk in the car... or argument... a part of me still wished that he'd be a bit more... affectionate.

"Michael is in there, taking care of him, Liz. He'll be alright." I say again as I look at my best-friend. I know that Michael will do everything he can for Max, that's never been an issue.

The door suddenly opens and Michael simply says, "Hey girls. Last chance for a potty break because we're on our way out." Okay, so I can't help the rolling of the eyes yet again.

I swear, he knows just how to get me going in many ways. Max instantly moves to Liz and I can see him trying to assure her. Yippee, that just makes me feel all the more secure when all my boyfriend can seem to do is walk over to stand next to me.

"Can we save the lovey-dovey stuff until later? We gotta get this show on the road," Michael says and I sigh.

"I'll go tell the others that we're ready to go." I say simply, feeling hurt that he couldn't even take a moment after what had been discussed and worked out in the car. Not even one moment to... to... I don't know... but not even a moment before he decides to start rushing. "Oh, Tess went with Kyle because Kyle was wanting to take a walk." I decide to add before turning to walk off.

I can see that Alex and Isabel are in the midst of a conversation so rather then walking all the way to them, I simply stop so they don't have me interupting the talk.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

I don't know how long I've been stood there as Maria comes to join me, squeezing my shoulder and assuring me he's going to be okay. I look up at her silently, thanking her for being here... She hasn't seen him in there though, she hasn't seen how like a child in some ways he is right now, and how unlike himself...

She points out that Michael's in there, taking care of him and I know she's right. I swallow and nod, trying to put on a brave face, but I can't deny I'm scared... It's just usually Max is so strong, and he's the one in charge, and in there...well...he wasn't... And worst of all, I can't do anything to help... I'm just stood here. doing nothing...

"I know, it's just..." I shake my head, trailing off into silence as we stand there, but then the door opens and I look up sharply as Michael's voice splits the air, talking of potty breaks. I hardly hear what he's saying, and I'm definitely not looking at him, my focus is all on Max as he moved over to me, reaching up to touch my cheek and offering a small smile.

"I'm ok...really..."

I hear his assurance, but I can't help studying his eyes, trying to work out if this is all said just for my benefit... Is he really...will he ever be...? I can't even begin to imagine what they did to him in that place...they...

I swallow, trying not to think about it and nod, reaching for his hand and threading my fingers through his silently without saying anything. I hope he understands - I'm here if he needs me, I'll always be here...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Kyle*

I keep up my skulk around the parking lot, wanting so much for just a moment alone to sort out this craziness but, as expected, Tess continues to tag along as 'guard.' What isn't expected is her long talk about Nacedo and him being like a father to her. I seem to remember meeting Mr. Harding once. He was a bit strange but I never would have thought he was an alien. Weird...

I want to say that there's no way she can know what I'm feeling. That this was my dad. That she at least knew the whole damn 'aliens amongst us' story all along. She didn't have that just dumped on her. My grandpa was right. He's the damn family joke and he was right all along ... I wish I could go talk to him now and find out what he saw that made him so sure ... of course, he's barely lucid these days so I don't know that I'd learn much more than I already know from his stories over the years.

I'll never see him again, will I?

Still, maybe Tess is right. Maybe she's lost something, too.

"Your father was a great man. We owe him so much and I wish that I could go back and change how things turned out back there just to save him. I know you are hurting, Kyle. I don't have any way of changing that. I know that to you I'm now the enemy, a monster and that you could care less what happens to me. I can't bring Sheriff Valenti back, but I can do something for him. I can keep you safe to the best of my ability," she says.

"I'm not a child!" I tell her, and it comes out far more sharply than I intended. Well, damn, it's annoying. I don't want to be 'watched out for' like a prisoner or a child. I can take care of myself.

"Sorry," I say more gently, shoving my hands in my pockets as I look away. Hell, she's got those wacko alien powers. Who knows what she'd do to me if she decided she was annoyed. "That was nice... what you said about my dad."

He was a great man in a lot of ways, and now ... I'll never be able to tell him.

*Michael*

Maria looks majorly annoyed. I wonder what's crawled up her ass. What could I have done wrong now? I wasn't even here. I was in there with Max. She's amazing in so many different ways, but I don't think I'll ever figure out how her mind works. Maybe she's just upset about leaving her cozy home in Roswell. I always told Max and Isabel it was better not to be comfortable since this day would eventually come -- but Maria wasn't expecting it at all. But she can't be blaming me for that, can she? I told her she didn't have to come...

Then she says that Kyle just decided to go take a walk like that's supposed to be an okay thing Tess is with him, so I guess that helps but it's still a dangerous situation and I'm not completely sure how far I trust Tess, anyway... I hope the two of them haven't gone far. It's time to get out of here.

After her announcement, Maria spins on her heals and heads back to the dining area and I roll my eyes. "Geez. I guess I better go find out what her problem is," I say to Max and Liz. "I'll meet you two at the car."

I don't really want to leave them alone. Max is helpless and Liz has no powers, either. But it's not a big place and I know I would hear them if they yelled for me. I catch up with Maria a dozen yards away at the entrance to the dining area. She's just standing there looking at Isabel and Alex who are still at our table. What part of 'it's time to leave' didn't she understand?

"Hey," I tell her as I catch up. "What's your problem, anyway?"

I move on past her and tap my knuckles on on the table in front of Isabel. "Time to go, troops," I say keeping my voice low.

magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by magikhands »

Max

"Can we save the lovey-dovey stuff until later? We gotta get this show on the road," Michael says.

I step away and give an embarassed smile. I can feel my cheeks burn slightly.

"I'll go tell the others that we're ready to go. Oh, Tess went with Kyle because Kyle was wanting to take a walk." Maria says before walking away from us. By her expression I could tell that she was not happy about something. Probably something Michael did or didn't do. I look to Michael and sigh. I had hoped that the two had worked their troubles out in the car. But I realized that no matter what Maria can't change Michael overnight. He's been by himself for so long and so distanced that he can't break habits so quickly. Isabel and I are usually the only ones that see him break down.

He rolls his eyes and says, "Geez. I guess I better go find out what her problem is. I'll meet you two at the car."

I watch as he goes after Maria before turning back to Liz. "Do you think they will ever get along?" I ask taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. I couldn't believe that she was still here with me, standing beside me, and willing to leave her family and home to be with me...us.