More Fan Art Questions & Answers

Come here to post pics & fanart :)

Moderators: Itzstacie, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

DreamerAZ
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerAZ »

Hi, I know this question has probably been asked already. But can someone tell me how to get brushes loaded on PSP 8? :)
Djinn
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

Post by Djinn »

Select the brush tool, next to the brush img on the top toolbar you'll find the little triangle for the drop-down menu for setting the brushhead...

......top left of the drop-down menu, little triangle which will give another menu.....

.....about the middle of the list, you'll find "load brushes" which will let you browse your machine for brush files.

So all you gotta do is download new brushes (from where ever), stick em in a folder somewhere and then load them into PS like ^ that.

I hope. :roll:
<center>

</center>
DreamerAZ
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerAZ »

^^^Thank you soooo much for the help!!! :D
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

I've just started trying to make a few siggies with a software that was automatically installed on my computer and I don't like it much, so I'm in the process of trying to decide which software to buy to replace it. I've noticed on this thread that most people mention PhotoShop, so I decided I wanted to buy this software, until I noticed that the price of PhotoShop CS2 was $649 (US). I was wondering if anyone knew where to find it cheaper than the above mentioned price or another cheaper software that will work just as well? My budget will only allow for me to spend no more than $150 (US). Any help would be appreciated.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

behrlyliz wrote:I've just started trying to make a few siggies with a software that was automatically installed on my computer and I don't like it much, so I'm in the process of trying to decide which software to buy to replace it. I've noticed on this thread that most people mention PhotoShop, so I decided I wanted to buy this software, until I noticed that the price of PhotoShop CS2 was $649 (US). I was wondering if anyone knew where to find it cheaper than the above mentioned price or another cheaper software that will work just as well? My budget will only allow for me to spend no more than $150 (US). Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, you will never find Photoshop CS below $500. It's a professional-grade software and is therefore priced as such. Just like Microsoft Office costs hundreds of dollars, well so does Photoshop (and Illustrator).

My only suggestion is maybe to give Paint Shop Pro a try. It's not as awesome as Photoshop but it functions the same way. A lot of fanartists use this software.

My copy of Photoshop came from my buddy who works in the IT department in my office. So if you too have a friend who works in the IT department somewhere maybe he/she can hook you up. ;)
<center>Image</center>
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Thanks for the info. I may just have a friend that can help me out, if not I'll have to give Paint Shop Pro a look-see.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
AmorporML
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AmorporML »

I just bought my Photoshop CS on eBay for $315, so I got a great deal. Just make sure you buy from a reliable seller and they guarantee a registration number. It's also better to buy one that has never been open.

Can someone help me with manips. I've always done them on PSP but I'd like to learn on PS, so any help would be great. Thanks!
Drogyn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Drogyn »

Hmmm, I use Photoshop Elements. It has most Photoshop functionality and layout, but a few advanced stuff is taken out. You can make great banners with it though, and did I mention I bought mine for around $50 in the store? This really is a great deal, especially since almost everything of use in Photoshop is also in Elements. And even if you want it all, there's no harm in trying Elements first.
elodie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by elodie »

There's also GIMP. It's completely free and from what I understand it's less powerful than Photoshop, but more powerful than PaintShop Pro. I've never used it, but I've seen some nice graphics some out of it. Two livejournal communities could probably help you with it: GIMP Users and GIMP Tutorial. Hope that helps you!

I personally use a Photoshop CS that my friend got me for free... I mean, c'mon! $600?! :shock: I'm not making any money off little Roswell graphics! But I've also heard good things about Elements if you want to give that a try too.
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

600 bucks? That's bull.

I had my sister get my CS2 from her school for 200. And this is the latest model that I know of. If you know someone in college or are in college your self see if your school has it.

~Chad~