Glimpses: Aurora's Journal (FF, CC, Teen) *Check in!*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Thanks for the nice thoughts, ladies. My car did a great job of imitating a bonfire on the side of the highway Monday morning so I've been real busy trying to sort out my transportation since then. Finding time to do this story justice is hard. I'll put out a quick something. Hope it'll help.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*MAX*

I take Liz out for one more dance, wondering. 'A mother can always know,' she says. Her mom didn't know what was going on with us, did she? I didn't think she did, at least, not at first. But then, we weren't around her all that much.

Although my mom... I remember how she was asking me about Liz even that first year. Maybe because she was there in the car accident, but still...

I watch Aurora and Kevin dance and I realize they do look a little awkward together. She dances more smoothly with Stephen and with a lot more energy with her cousins. Maybe there is something there.

"You might be right," I whisper into Liz's hair.

"Of course I am," she says and I can hear the grin in her voice.

"It must be wonderful to be so smart," I laugh, leading her in a spin. She laughs back as the kids who are near us start staring. I can't care about that. I got my Liz, and my little girl, and the rest of my family. Michael and Maria. Isabel. Kyle. All the kids. This is a great day and I'm enjoying it.

The song starts to come to an end and I pull Liz close for a kiss. As always, she melts into me and it makes me breathless for love of her. Something, I'm sure will never end.

The DJ starts announcing that it's time for cake and he's taking a break. Liz squeezes me as she pulls her face away. "Come on, now. We have to get some pictures."

I look around and spot my camera on one of the tables. "Got it," I tell her and go to fetch it while Liz goes to gather the birthday girl.

Last edited by isabelle on Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*KEVIN*

We go out for one more dance, Aurora and I, even 'though I know everyone is waiting on her so they can cut the birthday cake. The dance isn't particularly slow, but it's slow enough that she can move in close and I wrap my arm around her waist, calculating how it feels to have her there in my arms.

I've been friends with both Aurora and Ashley since I came to middle school. I'm not even sure anymore why it was Ashley that I started to pair up with all the time, to the point where we are now considered a couple, even if we haven't really gone on a regular 'date,' yet. And I do care about her. I really do. Ashley is wonderful. But I still like Aurora. I always have. I wonder what it would be like if it had been her and me, instead of Ashley.

"Dollar for your thoughts," Aurora says, smiling, knocking me out of my strange thoughts.

"Huh?" I say, surprised. Not very articulate, but it was the best I could do.

"Well," she laughed. "Your thoughts looked to heavy to be bought for a penny. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing special," I lie. It's just that I hardly know what I was thinking. I was mostly feeling and I don't yet know what it all means.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

I didn't know what I would write exactly, and this just came out. If it isn't okay, let me know, okay?

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ Aurora ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>

“Nothing special,” he says. I don’t know where he was looking, but it wasn’t at me. It was somewhere around us. And the way he said it, I could tell he was lying. I don’t know what particular kind of lie it was, but I know it was a lie. When you’re me and you have to lie about so many different things all the time, sometimes you can just tell when you’re being lied to. Now I know why Mom and Dad can always tell.

I continue to dance with him, but we are both a little tense. I don’t know what his excuse is. It’s not like he’s the one being lied to. That’s just more proof that something is on his mind. ‘Nothing special.’ What does that mean? I know it doesn’t mean what it is.

“Liar,” I say quietly, under my breath. Not loud enough for him to hear it, I hope right after I say it. The music will cover it up.

“What?” he asks. Nope. I was wrong. The music’s not loud enough.

“Nothing,” I say as I look over at one of the tables to the side of the dance floor. If he can lie, then so can I. And I’ll even pull the same trick he did. “I said nothing just like you’re thinking of nothing.”

“What?” he asks. He sounds a little confused, but I don’t think I particularly buy it.

“Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?” I ask.

The confused look on his face stays there. Probably because of my slight outburst.

“Something’s up. Something’s up and you’re not telling me. Why?” I ask again. I don’t know why I think I’ll get an answer if I ask again.

He stops dancing and I follow suit. “Aura, I just,” he begins, but he doesn’t say anything else.

“ ‘I just’ what, Kev?”

“Aura, Just drop it!” He snapped at me. He snapped at me? He snapped at me! “Just drop it and leave me alone, okay?!” he said. His words are still laced with anger.

I take a step back and away from him to clearly look at him. I stood there blinking at him for I don’t know how long.

“Hey, it’s time for cake, you two,” I hear Mom call over, a smile in her voice.

“I’ll be right there, Mom,” I call back to her, not looking away from Kevin, who had turned around as soon as Mom called. “And, don’t worry. I’ll leave you alone for the rest of the night.”

I walk off the dance floor and over to where my family, along with Stephen and Ashley, have gathered around the cake. All I knew right then was that I had to get away from him before he saw how much those words steeped in anger hurt me.

I shook my head as I tried to get the last thing he said to me out of my head, but it wasn’t very useful. They were still there . . .

“Just drop it and leave me alone, okay?!”

Still in my head . . .

Still echoing in my ears . . .

And still clutching my heart in an icy grip every time I reheard those words . . .

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ End Aurora ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*MAX*

I’m all ready with the camera when Liz returns with Aurora. “Let’s take some pictures,” I smile at her. But Aurora seems distracted and her smile is almost forced as she poses behind the cake alone, with her mom, her cousins, with Ashley and with Stephen.

“Uncle Max! I’m hungry!” I hear the boys complain. I know they’re not hungry. And if they were, they should be going back to the buffet. I know there’s still chicken and lasagna available there. Cake isn’t for hunger. It’s just for a treat, as they well know.

“Me, too.” Aurora says, her eyes pleading. Not for the cake, but for an end to the photos.

“Okay, okay. Cut the cake then, Aurora,” I give in. How could I help but wan t to take pictures? She’s as beautiful as Liz. I take two more shots of her serving and then she, Ashley and Stephen wander off to talk while they eat. Michael takes over, quickly filling plates while Maria adds forks and distributes them to all the hungry teenagers.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*KEVIN*

As the dance ends, I leave the main party area and find a bench near the edge of the rose garden. I can’t believe I did that. Just stormed away from Aurora like that. She’s one of my best friends. I don’t want to yell at her. But she was asking me stuff I can’t answer. I can’t answer it because I don’t know what the answer is. I’m not at all sure what I was thinking. I was just feeling, mostly. Wondering. And the stuff I was wondering I can’t share. She’s with Stephen, right? And I’m with Ashley.

Still, there was something there. Something … strange. I wish I could explain it.

I half expect either Ashley or Aurora to come looking for me, but they’re probably busy being all girly and such, posing for pictures as Aura cuts the cake. Stephen will be there, posing besides her. I wonder if the pictures will show that she’s wearing the wrong watch. I wonder if they’ll kiss.

I’ve kissed Ashley, even ‘though we haven’t been on a real date. It’s nice. I don’t know if she’s for always or not, but I like her a lot. I do. But I like Aura, too. I bet Ashley’s getting mad at me for hiding out, but I just don’t want to go back yet.

A few minutes later, Aurora’s cousins come wandering into the same area I’m in. They’re each carrying a plastic fork and a paper plate with cake. They’re talking loudly among themselves, but I’m not paying any attention. I just want to be alone.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ Ashley ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>

I stand beside Aur as the pictures get taken. One with everyone. One with just family. One with her and her cousins. One in front of the cake. One as she’s cutting the cake. One as she’s putting the cake on a plate. One where she’s serving the cake. I love her family. And I totally get wanting to photograph the party and everything, but can’t there be too many pictures?

“One more,” I hear her dad say, and I try my best to stifle a giggle. I guess my last question was answered. “This one with just the musketeers.”

I smile and lightly shake my head as I walk over to where Aur was standing. That’s when I notice that her other side was Kevin-less. The three of us have been friends for years. And over those years, we’ve taken lots of pictures. And in those pictures, Kevin has always been there for them. But he wasn’t here. Come to think of it, he wasn’t here for any of the pictures.

“Where’s Kevin?” I ask Aur as I sidle up to her.

I watch as she simply shrugs, her expression sadder than I’ve seen her . . . ever! Okay. I must have missed something because things are definitely not right. Kevin’s missing and she’s sad. On her birthday.

“How should I know?” I hear mumble quietly.

“Okay, girls. Ready?” Mr. Evans asks. I guess this picture is just going to be the two of us.

“Yeah, Daddy,” she says. The tone in her voice was just about as opposite from her expression earlier it makes me blink in shock. I look at her and she has a smile plastered on her face. And if you didn’t know her that well, you would have thought that she was the happiest girl in the world. If you did know her, you’d notice the sadness lying inside her eyes, buried deep and hidden by a façade perfected from years of hiding the truth.

“Okay, on three,” he says. I smile. “One, two, three.”

A bright flash filled my vision. And just when my vision cleared Aur was already walking away and headed to the beverage table. Oh, no. She’s not getting off that easy.

“Hey, what’s going on?” I call out to her as I try to catch up. She better not try to lie and say, “nothing.”

She stops and turns back to me, the sadness back on her face. I close the space between us, and before she even spoke, I knew that she wasn’t going to try and hide this from me.

She looks over my shoulder and then back at me. “I’ll tell you later,” she says in a whisper. “Hey, Mom,” she greets, the cheeriness back in her voice.

<center>~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ End Ashley ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~</center>
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Sorry, this post kinda sucks but in my defense, it's late here :wink:

~* Liz *~

All through the pictures, I kept glancing over at Aurora. Even though she was smiling, laughing and posing for the camera, I could see the underlying sadness in her eyes. It made me instantly concerned for her and made me wonder what was wrong. She had been so happy only a while ago while she was dancing with Kevin.

Speaking of Kevin...where was he? Why wasn't he with his friends getting pictures taken or waiting to get some cake? I frowned when I noticed that he was missing in the 'musketeer' picture as well.

When Aura took of towards the beverage table, I went after her. She was hurting and it made me desperate to want to know what happened so I could help her. She shouldn't be sad today of all days.

When I get to her, I see her talking to Ashley but she instantly falls silent when I get there.

"Hey mom." She greets me cheerfully. I look at her archly. She isn't fooling me. I'm her mother after all.

I wrap my arms around her shoulders as I ask, "Rory, is everything all right?"

"Sure, mom." She replies smiling brightly. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"You tell me." I say. "I know something is bothering you. You seem sad...is everything okay, sweetie?"

"Everything's fine." Aurora says, almost snapishly.

I raise my eyeborw but don't sayanything. Obviously she doesn't want to talk to me about it and though it hurts since she always had rpeviosuly, I nod, giving her her space.

"All right...but if you do have a problem, you know you can always come to me or your dad right?" I say.

"I know." She says and this time her smile is more genuine.

I pause, testing her reaction as I ask, "Where's Kevin? Doesn't he want some cake?"

Aurora instantly looks away and shrugs. "He'll take it if he wants to."

Bingo! Something happened between Kevin and Aurora. I don't say anything though as I head to Max. Something is happening, things are changing. I feel it.
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*KEVIN*

I'm sitting in the garden without any cake, but it doesn't really matter to me. I'm busy thinking about Aurora and ignoring her cousins in the corner.

Well, maybe thinking isn't quite the right word. More like brooding, I guess. I don't understand what's going on. Why do I suddenly feel confused about her? I've always known that I like her, ever since we met on the soccer field. And we've been good friends. So why does it feel confusing now?

And why am I suddenly wondering what Ashley would do if I wanted to break up with her? Could we still be friends? We've really been pretty casual about it, but I would never want to hurt her.

Damn. And I know Aura's pissed at me. I could tell by the strange things she was saying. What if she's mad enough not to be my friend anymore? No, that's crazy. Who would stop a friendship for that? But it feels that way. I gotta do do something. I just don't know what. What in the world can I tell her?

The boys are suddenly being a lot more noisy and I glare in their direction. They're not that bad, but it's easier to be mad at them than to be mad at me. "What are you kids doing?" I shout.

The three of them are in the dirt and I can see the rose bushes are all out of place and the white picket fence is spotted with colors and pictures and handprints. Where the hell did they get paint? Could it be the frosting from the cake? The boys look up and dash away as I step towards them. I don't even bother to see exactly how bad it is, 'cause I'm still too pissed off at everything-else. It obvious that it's trouble.

Growling under my breath, I head back to the main party. I'm looking for Mr. Evans or Mrs. Evans to let them know what happened.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I guess we need to wrap up this 'glimpse' and move on (or back) to the next one. ;)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Kevin*

The guys are really getting roudy and it's spoiling my sulk. I wanna be alone and miserable while I try and figure this out. Well, maybe not figure it out, just wallowing in it, mostly. What the heck does it all mean?

Grumbling, I get to my feet and brush the dirt off the seat of my pants. I shove my hands in my pockets and slouch back towards the party. Aurora and Ash probably won't even notice me. They can get pretty intense sometimes, just the two of them.

As I move off, I see something moving in the corner of my eye. Spinning, I see the three cousins - Danny and Chris, and their cousin from Boston - Nicky, I think. Something had been flying, but I can't tell what. I can tell it's a hell of a mess. Dirt and chocolate everywhere. I should go tell 'em off, but right now, I don't much care.

I give them a glare, which they ignore, if they even notice, and then head back to the main party area. Of course, the first thing I do is run into Aurora, Ashley, Grace and Mrs. Evans.

"Kevin! Where have you been?" Ashley asks. Aura seems to be ignoring me.

"Just in the rose garden," I say. Like that explains it. "The boys are wrecking the place."

Just then, the three of them go sprinting past us, running towards the small gazebo near the bathrooms. Even at a glance, you can see that they're a mess.

Mrs. Evans looks furious, taking one step after them before stopping.

"It's okay, Mom," Aura says. "You catch up with them. We'll check out the damages."

Mrs. Evans nods. "Thanks girls," and she heads off to deal with the boys. The three girls go back the way I just came. I look away, turning back to watch them only when they're several yards away.

Ashley and Aurora. What does it all mean?
FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Let's get this rolling again, shall we :) As always want anything changed let me know
btw, this totally sucks but i just had to get this moving

~* Liz *~

Those boys really are terrors! I think furiously as I watch Aurora and Ashley go off to check the damage. I wonder why their mothers cant' keep a better control over them.

I sigh a little, thinking back to how Aura had been such a sweet obediant child. I shake my head and head off towards them. Maybe if I get to them in time I'll be able to stop them from attacking the food. But just as I am walking off I catch Kevin staring out at Aura and Ashley with a weird look on his face. He looked confused, unsure and even a bit angry.

I paused, wondering what it was. I didn't know if I should ask. Maybe he was just feeling down. He'd been acting pretty weird throughout the party. I had a feeling it had to do something with Aura or Ashley but I couldn't be sure.

"Kevin?" I asked after a moment. "You doing okay there honey?"
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

It's not much, but hopefully it's something.

<center>~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Aurora ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~</center>

“So what’s going on?” Ash asks as we go to see the damage and whether we can fix it or not.

“Yeah, you seem kinda out of it,” Grace adds as we continue to get further and further away from the party, all without everyone noticing.

I cast a glance over my shoulder to see what’s going on in the party, to see if anyone noticed that we were slipping away. No one seemed to notice, but then I saw Kev. He was looking over at us, and I couldn’t care less. At least that’s what I kept telling myself. I turned back to Ashley and Grace without even acknowledging that he was looking at us.

“Whoa,” Ash says as we come up on what the boys did. “You girls have a lot cut out for you.”

“We have a lot cut out for us?” I ask as Ash takes a seat on a bench nearby.

“Yeah. I’m just here to keep you company and find out what’s going on,” she said with a grin.

I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly. Extending my arm and opening my hand I concentrated on moving a good amount the dirt that was dug up and place it in one of the holes. Grace follows and does the same. We continue doing this, and I look over to Ash who’s watching and enjoying it all.

“That’s so cool,” I hear her say. “And what about this thing going on with you, Aur?”

“What thing?” I say, hoping to postpone the conversation a little longer.

“Oh, you know. You’ve been pushing this off for I don’t know how long. We’re alone and it’s time for you to dish.”

I concentrate on moving the dirt back again, and say something in the hopes pushing it back even more, “Can it wait until after this is cleaned up?”

Ashley thought about it for a second before accepting it. “Fine, but you’re going to tell me before we leave.”

“What about the grass?” Grace asks, once the dirt has been replaced.

“Yeah, Grace is right. We can’t just leave patches of dirt like that around.”

“Oh, now you’re part of the we?” I joke with Ash and she just sticks her tongue out at me and then smiled.

“Do you know what to do?”

“Me? You’re older.”

“Yeah, but I’ve never made grass before.”