What Real Life's Like (AU,CC,MATURE) Thread #1

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I run my fingers through my hair. Hard to believe the guy who was so off-the-hook yesterday that he hit me, is now the one calming me down. Of course, Alex was very hung-over then and there were a lot of mis-understandings.

He's right about Michael. I need to wait on accusing him of doing those things, I'm sure. And it probably would be best for Liz to deal with Michael herself, at least for now. If he doesn't listen, then things might be different.

A jealous boyfriend, he said. I wish. But I'll never be a boyfriend to her. And well, yeah, I do have a great girl in Tess. Why can't I be satisfied with that? Am I as bad as Michael, wanting everyone?

No, not everyone. Just Liz. *sigh*

"Okay, I'll hold off on Michael for now. But what can I do about Liz? I never meant to upset her. I know she's not interested in me. I tried really hard to find the color that would show admiration, not -- you know -- lust. And now, thanks to Michael, it's all wrong, anyway."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

ALEX

Not interested? Oh boy are you clueless! I know Liz doesn't want me to interfere but asking can't really be count as interfering anyway.

"First of all, I'm sure that Liz is just as confused as you are right now and there are surely no bad feelings towards you and secondly ... do you want her to be interested in you?" I ask, then add quickly, "not in an "everyone has to love me" way but more ... well, do you want her to be interested?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Liz ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~</center>

“Sounds like a plan,” Iz says, “but I swear if the words strip poker leave Alex’s mouth, I will beat him!” I don’t know if she was talking physically beat him or beat him in the game, but I have no doubt that she would do both. “What should we use as a codeword?”

“What time is it?” I ask, thinking that it’ll do as something subtle enough to act as a codephrase opposed to a single word. I’m rewarded with Iz looking down at her wrist but realizing she doesn’t have her watch on. “No,” I say laughing. “That’s the code. What time is it? They won’t know that we aren’t really asking about the time, but we can’t keep saying it. So once you say it once, I’ll pay close attention to you and Alex after it. And if you feel uncomfortable, just say that you’re going to bed, and I’ll leave with you.”

I go to get a large gray hooded sweatshirt from my dresser and toss it over to her. “I know it’s not high fashion, but it’s comfortable, warm, and I think it’ll fit. You might get cold. If Alex wants to play strip poker, you now have something else to take off,” I joke.

She looks at the sweatshirt and then pulls it over her head. I was right when I said that it might fit. I guess it’s a good thing that I brought the sweatshirt I had borrowed from Kels and never returned.

“Come on,” I say taking her hand and holding the cards in the other. We head over to their door to see that it’s closed.

“Are you sure they’re expecting us?” she asks.

“Yeah. They should be.” I knock on the door and wait for either Max or Alex to answer it.
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I'm not sure how to answer Alex's question. I couldn't possibly tell him the truth, I would look like a jerk wanting one girl when I have another. But I don't want to lie. How can I diplomatically say anything?

Luckily, I'm saved by a knock at the door. "Who could that be?" I wonder out loud.

I to to answer the door and am stunned to see Liz has returned, and that Isabel is with her. They actually came! Liz still looks absolutely stunning, but I somehow manage to remember how to speak. "Hey. Nice to see you both," I say as I move out of the doorway. "Won't you both come in?"

OOC - I was seeing Max in solid blue PJ pants and a gray tank top. :wink:
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

hm, since you all said what the others are wearing for the night ... hm, I guess Alex naked ain't counting huh? :oops: well, this will be it thenImage

ALEX

I stand up to greet the girls when Max lets them in - before he could answer. Damn, another thing that will haunt me for a while - not knowing what he wanted to say.

I am not an expert but somehow, Isabel's sweater and pants don't seem to fit perfectly but she looks stil awesome. I grab the two stools in the room and put them between the beds because ... where else to put them? Besides, it keeps me from staring and drooling.

"Great that you could make it. It's nice to see that Max and I aren't the only ones who can't sleep yet. And you even brought gifts! There wouldn'T be any chocolate there, huh?" I ask, moving over to Liz and she just slaps my hand away when I reach out to what she is carrying. "Hey! I bruise easily."

"Then you shouldn't be so greedy." Liz tells me sweetly.

I pout a bit at here and when that doesn't work I turn to Isabel for help, putting on a sad and lost look, praying that it won't turn into gawking at her. "Help? Please?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Isabel

I freeze as Alex turns to look at me with puppy dog eyes "Help? Please?"

Okay. That goes under the playful banter section and not the flirting. Right so far so good. I tug at the hem of the sweatshirt Liz had lent me. "Sorry buddy, you're on your own!"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC - Nice jammies for Alex. ;) Although I love the idea of Max's fine biceps showing :lol:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Max*

I laugh to myself watching Alex and Isabel. They really are doing remarkably well. Actually like friends. Still a bit away from the romantic coupling that Alex is hoping for, but it's a start in the right direction. I catch Liz's eye while Alex and Isabel are occupied with each other and I give her a nod of appreciation, hoping she'll see that I'm not trying to push anything.

"So, do you think I should go downstairs and grab some sodas, or a pot of tea or something?" I ask. Having beverages would imply a longer stay and I don't want to make them feel obligated. It is late and I'm not sure how long they plan to hang out with us...
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

Liz is just wearing some basic pajamas in a cloud print. So something like this in style, but with a cloud print.

<center>~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Liz ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~</center>

“So, do you think I should go downstairs and grab some sodas or a pot of tea or something?” Max asks, and I wonder whether he wants to get away from us or something. It couldn’t be anything I had done. I mean, I hadn’t done anything. There was no time for me to have done something.

“No, I think we’re good with our . . .” I trail off as I realize that we left our glasses of water back in our room.

“Good with your what?” Max asks, and I find myself sheepishly looking at him.

“Water. We left the glasses back in our room. But Izzy and I are good. I’m just going to run over and get them, but if you and Alex want something, we can hold off on any games and wait until you get back.”
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
morpheus awakened
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by morpheus awakened »

Okay, I don't know where Michael is supposed to be at this point, so I'm keeping him downstairs still, and putting Kyle up in his room so that Tess can talk to him for a little bit alone. Hope that's okay with everyone.

TESS

I finish helping Maria clean up and then head upstairs to get ready for bed. I pass by Michael and Kyle’s bedroom and see Kyle, doing pushups next to the bed which I assume is his, through the open door. I stop to admire the view. He has taken his shirt off and the light is reflecting off his tan skin nicely, the muscles in his back contracting and relaxing with each repetition.

He completes the set of pushups and flips himself over to begin doing sit-ups and catches me standing there in the door looking like a rookie peeping tom before I have a chance to move out of sight.

“Enjoying the view, are we?” Kyle says with a smirk, not bothering to move an inch from where he lies prone on the floor with his hands clasped behind his head, ready to begin the set.

“You wish,” I scoff, trying to play it off as is I meant to be standing there still staring at his chest. You know, it’s weird what a difference the type of clothing makes when it comes to states of undress. For example, I’ve seen him without his shirt on, did so for a few hours already today at the beach, but it tends to feel different when it takes place in a bedroom and he’s in the shorts he’s probably going to sleep in.

I still haven’t moved in any particular direction, so Kyle just starts doing his sit-ups anyway, but watching me while he’s doing it.

“This is a nightly ritual, I take it?” I ask.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

KYLE

Tess wants me! She is trying to deny it but there's no doubt about it. Catching her staring at me is just another proof. I wonder how she'll tell Max this ... hopefully he won't be too crushed. Not that he should be surprised, I mean, c'mon, look at me! Especially when I'm almost naked. I know that leaving the door open was a good move.

Too bad that she's still fully dressed.

“This is a nightly ritual, I take it?”

"Kinda, I do that every morning and every night." I explain, remembering again that I didn't get the chance to this morning thanks to being locked in the closet.

"You having any interesting nightly rituals?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics