Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch29- END!!

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

fourrightchords
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch23- 1/06

Post by fourrightchords »

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hope your 2010 is better than your 2009. And to start it off, something you Drifters have been waiting for...

AvalonRose- You know I try to sneak in a little Xmas whenever I can! ;)
Maiqu- I'll say it again. I love Kyle. Glad you liked it!
Behrstars- I'm glad! Thanks for reading!
garcia88- Aww thanks.

Chapter Twenty-Three

“And what about you, Ms. Martin? Would you like French toast or pancakes this morning?” A flight attendant leaned over Liz’s chair and smiled.

“French toast would be fantastic.” Liz answered. “He’ll probably have the same when he wakes up.” She nodded toward a conked out Dean and the flight attendant smiled.

“Sure, no problem.”

Liz gently shook Dean awake by the arm.

“Hmm?” Dean said, his head jerking upright.

“Breakfast time, I got you French toast, that okay?”

“Yeah thas good.” He mumbled groggily, wiping the sleep from his eyes. “How much longer?”

“Only two more hours. You slept for quite some time. We’ll be in Cairo around 9pm, the Professor wants to leave around 6am their time.” Liz explained.

“Jet lag is gonna be a bitch.” Dean complained.

“Yeah probably, but do we really have a choice?”

“Nope. When’s that French toast getting here?

Liz shrugged. “I just ordered it.”

Dean nodded. “So, how’d you come up with the money for this trip anyways?”

“Credit Card.”

“Credit Card?”

“Mmhmm.” She nodded picking at her sweater.

Dean furrowed his brow. “When did you find the time to get someone’s credit information?”

Liz smiled, knowingly. “Being…special gives you certain advantages. Having friends in right places gives you better advantages. I can use my powers to bypass anything in a computer system. I can hack into and change anything.”

“What?”

“I don’t know how. I just…one day I’m looking at this database trying to crack a password. I know that if you change certain things as far as the page goes you can bypass it all together. I held up my hand and just did it. It all kind of comes from a knowledge of Code and writing and all that computer stuff. I’d never been so glad that I listened to Alex drabble on and on…” Liz’s face fell from an excited smile to a wistful stare. Dean glanced away from her to give her a moment.

“Look, you know…” He began “People say stupid things when they’re grieving….”

“I just, um…You know I can’t regret making the deal…and going back I would have done the same…but I just, uh…wish things could be different.” She said quietly.

“I know.” Dean nodded. “Alex will come around.”

“You don’t know that.” She smiled sadly. He went to say something else but she interrupted. “But thanks for saying it anyways.”

Dean only nodded, offering her a small smile.

“I think the lady is coming with our food,” Liz sat up taller in her chair.

“I'm not so good at this whole…”

“You don’t have to be.” She interrupted once again, lowering her voice to only a whisper. “you’re helping more than you know, Dean.”

“You know, I’ve never been to Seattle.” Ava chucked her bag onto the bed of the most recent motel they had checked them selves into. “Thought about it for a minute right after Roswell the first time I met Liz, but then figured that’d be the first place Rath and Lonnie would look.” She looked at Sam who smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead.

“We should go do the tourist thing maybe. Go to the market, the Space Needle. I hear they’ve got Hendrix buried around here somewhere.” Ava shrugged.

“Yeah—.”

“Wont have time.” Ruby interrupted. Ava rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Sam gave Ava an apologetic smile.

“Oookay. Well should we get some din—.”

“Sammy,” Ruby interrupted. “We need to juice you up before we go. Our friend works at the children’s hospital as a volunteer.” She looked over at Ava who was narrowing her eyes at the brunette. “So, don’t you have somewhere to be?” Ruby spoke in a bored tone.

“Ruby.” Sam scolded.

“Its whatever.” Ava interrupted quickly. “I’ll just go get my own dinner and wander for a while.”

When Ava showed back up at the hotel it was dark out. She’d been gone for a little longer than necessary but used the time to clear her head. With a bag of white take out in her hand she trudged toward the door, Ruby’s car parked in the lot in front of their room. Using her key, the door swung open with a creak. Three pairs of eyes shot to her, all nervous.

“Please, help me…”

There was a boy handcuffed to the bed, Sam and Ruby standing over him. Ruby twirling her knife in between her fingers.

Ava shut the door immediately wondering what she had just seen…they had come for a demon, but that couldn’t have been him. She gently eased the door open again.

“You can make rooms sound proof, can’t you?” Ruby asked.

“What the fuck is going on?” Ava asked.

“Make the room soundproof, hurry up.” She demanded.

Ava raised an arm to the wall and concentrated, energy flowing from her palm throughout the room. “Now tell me what the hell is going on.”

“Please help me….please?” The young boy pleaded, his eyes red.

“He’s a demon, Aves. He knows where Lilith is.” Sam responded.

Ava shook her head. “He’s just a kid…”

“A kid, my ass. This fucker has done some evil shit in his lifetime, haven’t you.” Ruby spat, throwing a bit of holy water on him.

It sizzled as it went down his arm, causing the innocent blue eyes to turn black and full of hate. “You know I aim to please.” He spat out. “Alright, you got me. But if you think I’m helping you out in the least you got another thing coming sister.”

Sam raised his hand toward the boy and began clenching his fist, the body rising off the bed and screeches of agony escaping from his mouth.

“Shit!” The demon exclaimed, half panting, half laughing. “Ruby’s really made you into her little demon bitch, hasn’t she.”

Another scream, this one more painful, like nails on chalkboard.

“Look, if I tell you she’ll kill me.” He panted out.

Ruby answered him. “Oh honey, you’re going to die either way. The how is up to you.”

“Sam,” Ava asked softly, “There’s still a kid in there,”

“That’s right,” the demon spoke. “Jacob Learner. 10th grade. He plays basketball and lacrosse. He really does volunteer at this hospital, too. Even got himself a little girlfriend.”

“He’s just a kid, Sam.” Ava pleaded. “We cant hurt him.”

“Hey, Sam, you want to get your little girl friend situation under control so we can get some work done?” Ruby asked, annoyed.

“I’m not going to kill him, Ava, just…” Sam pleaded, trying to push her back away from the bed. “Hold on, okay?”

“Now,” Ruby said, “Tell us where Lilith is.”

“No.” The demon arched his back and let out a loud scream, twisting around for a moment, before screaming out. “Okay, okay! I’ll tell you just kill me, please!”

“Where is she?” Sam barked.

“Maryland, okay! At a convent waiting for the last seal.”

“Good boy.” Ruby patted him on the face. “Let’s pack up and get on the road.”

“Are you going to let him go now?” Ava asked, seated on the couch, her arms crossed.

“No. We need him. Sam needs him to feed before he faces Lilith.” Ruby answered.

“You promised you’d kill me!” The boy shouted.

“Yeah, and we will. Just not yet, Chachi.”

“Sam, this is a whole new level of fucked. We can’t just….he’s got his whole life in…”

“Yeah, well no ones making you stay, sister.” Ruby spat out, throwing belongings into a duffel.

“Ruby!” Sam scolded.

“Would you shut the fuck up?” Ava shouted. “I’m tired of your stupid trap yappin all goddamned day!”

“Yeah? Weird. Me too.” She responded. “Look if you’re not with us then maybe you should leave. Wouldn’t want to dirty up that conscience of yours.”

“Ruby, Knock it off, now!” Sam shouted, “Ava, lets just talk about t his outside, come on.” He said, pulling the blonde by her hand.

“I’m sick of this shit, Sam.” Ava said once out the door, jerking her arm away from Sam.

“I know, and I’m sorry about Ruby, but it’s…just for a little while longer.”

“Yeah, you keep saying that, and yet here we are. And what about when we find Lilith? You’re just gonna drink that kids blood and then…”

“I don’t have a choice, Aves!” Sam said firmly.

“You DID have a choice Sam, You’ve had a choice this entire time. We could have stayed with Liz and Dean and done this a different way.”

“Dean doesn’t understand…he can’t do what needs to be done!”

“How do you know that?” Ava crossed her arms.

“I just….I just know, okay? I have to be the one to do this.” Sam answered.

Ava shook her head. “She’s been messing with your head, Sam. Whatever she’s been doing…she’s been brainwashing you, okay? This isn’t you.”

“How the HELL would you know!” He shouted.

Ava sucked in a quick breath of air.

Sam’s eyes fell. “I-I’m sorry, Aves I didn’t mean that…I know this is so fucked and I’m sorry…but I have to do this.”

Ava looked at the ground and then back at Sam’s pleading brown eyes. Her face flushed and she felt a knot forming in her throat.

“Then I have to leave.” She said quietly.

“Wha…” Sam’s face scrunched. “Don’t do that.”

“Look, if you have to do it then okay…but I can’t stand here and watch this happen to you and do nothing. I’m sorry.”

“Ava…we’ll figure something out, but…don’t go…I need you here.” Sam replied.

“No, you don’t. You’ve got all the help you need it looks like. Look, I’ll grab a bus to Ohio, get Liz’s car. I’ll be fine.” She said, walking back into the room, only to see her duffel already packed and Ruby’s smiling face.

“Thanks I guess.” Ava muttered.

“Anytime.” Came Ruby’s snarky reply.

“Baby…just think about it, okay? Please….just…give it till tomorrow okay…It’ll…it’ll be better tomorrow. I just…I need you here, Aves.”

Ava smiled sadly and reached her hand up to stroke Sam’s cheek. “Bye, Sammy. I’m gonna miss you.” Her voice wavered as she turned out the door and began her descent down the hall.

“Ava!” Sam shouted after her. “I love you.”

She froze in her tracks, unsure of what to do. Her duffel dropped to the ground and when she turned Sam could see the tear tracks down her face. Walking back slowly she looked at him strangely.

“I’m in love with you.”

Reaching up on her tip toes she grabbed his face and crushed it to hers. His arms came around to pick her off the ground and hold her tight to him. After a moment he put her down and they separated.

“I’m in love with you too.” She responded and he smiled widely. She hugged him once more before backing away and picking her duffel off the ground. She stared at him from 15 feet away, his eyes light, expecting her to walk back toward him.

Her face crumpled, unable to hold the tears in any longer.

“Goodbye, Sam”

She whispered before turning her back and running down the hall. She ran until she couldn’t feel her feet anymore, crying the entire way. When she got to the bus station she went directly for the bathroom. Splashing cold water on her face, she dried herself off and pulled out her phone. Pressing one on her speed dial she listen to it ring. Liz’s voice answered.

“I’m not here, leave a message.”

“Shit.” Ava cried, hanging up. She bit her lower lip before reaching into her back pocket and pulling out a piece of paper.

“Hey, it’s Ava.” She greeted. “How would you feel about taking a road trip to Ohio?”

“You’ve got to admit, this view…kind of worth it, right?” She stood from the balcony, the only thing illuminating her was the soft glow from the lamps in the room. The sky twinkled with endless stars and the city lights of Cairo stretched over miles as far as they could see.

By the time they had flown in it was dusk, the sunset red and orange. They had braved a Taxi to the hotel the Professor had paid for them to stay at and were to meet him at the next morning at 6 am.

“Yeah this room’s not too shabby either. This Professor guy must be loaded.” Dean added.

Liz nodded. “Or just really desperate for this find. What are you wearing tomorrow?”

Dean cocked an eyebrow at her.

She rolled her eyes. “No, I mean, did you pack shorts. It’s the desert. It’s hot.”

Dean shook his head. “I uh, don’t own a pair of shorts.”

It was Liz’s turn to raise her eyebrow. “You don’t own a pair of shorts?”

“No. Men don’t wear shorts.” Dean replied.

The brunette nodded. “Right. That would explain why your legs are so pasty.”

Dean looked offended. “Pasty? My legs are not pasty.”

She scoffed. “Soooo pasty.” She waltzed over to where he was resting on the bed, his legs extended out in front of him. Setting herself in the same position beside him she pulled his pant leg up to expose his calf. Doing the same to her leg she compared their limbs.

“See.” She explained. “Your leg, ghostly white, pale, unhuman. My leg, tan, seen the sun this decade, normal human.”

“I’ll give you normal human.” He erupted, grabbing her at the sides and tickling mercilessly. Liz squealed out from shock and laughed, trying her best to push him away. Dean attacked with fervor, enjoying the sound of her shrieking, until he found Liz pinned under him, her brown eyes gazing into his green. Her face flushed and hair mussed, he was not moving his fingers anymore. Staring into her eyes, something clicked for Dean. Like it all made sense. It’d been there all along but he had just put the last piece to the puzzle in place.

His eyes searched over her face, down to her collar bone and back up again, his lips parted, trying to form a word.

“I…”

*Thwap*

Something came hard and hit him in the side of the face, throwing him off balance he rolled off her and tried to regain his senses. When he finally shook off his stupor, he saw the offending object, a pillow, in Liz’s right hand.

Dean narrowed his eyes, and Liz’s face changed from mirth to fear in a mere second.

“Okay, okay, okay…” She laughed, throwing the pillow down and putting her hands up in surrender. “Truce?”

“Mmhmm.” Dean said warily. “How bout we go over our plan for tomorrow.”

“Sure,” Liz laughed, pulling out the book and a large map. “Okay, here’s where the site is. According to the book, I’d expect it to be somewhere in the temple. The holy men saw the kind of power it had over evil spirits. It was even used to kill a vampire or two in its day, which is where the myth of using wood steaks to kill vamps comes from.”

“I always thought people got that from Buffy.” Dean joked.

Liz ignored him and rolled her eyes. “So look, Professor Dunham says the groups going to be about 10 people, him, 6 of his best students, us and one guide. I’m thinking we wait until he discovers something of value, they’ll be so distracted by that that we’ll be free to run off and do our own thing. We’ll need headlamps, water, probably need to get a map of these tunnels and a couple other small tools. Who knows what we’ll need to bust into.”

“Okay.” Dean nodded. “What if we can’t find this thing. Even so, how do we find this thing. There’s got to be miles and miles of this shit.”

“Well, once we find the temple, it’s a lot smaller, it should be easy. And I’ve been brushing up on my Egyptian. I’m still pretty awful at it but I can kind of read a little.” She shrugged.

“You can read Egyptian?” Dean asked.

“Well…My grandma….never mind. It’ll happen Dean, have faith.”

“Right.” He scoffed. “Listen, we don’t go in without guns. I don’t trust anything right about now.”

“Okay, but they have to be small, easy to hide. I don’t want these people suspecting us in any way shape or form. As far as they know, we’re here for the learning.” Liz said firmly.

“Right, right, the learning.”

She smiled fondly at Dean.

“We should get some sleep.” Dean pointed at the king sized bed in the middle of the room. It would have been a problem earlier in their relationship, but with everything that had happened it was something neither of them thought about.

“In a while, I’m gonna go back out on the balcony.” Liz told him.

He nodded his head but stared after her as she walked out, the room separated by a thin gauzy sheet hanging from the doorway. For a reason unknown to him, Dean could not tear his eyes away from the girl standing on the other side of that thin sheet. Nothing had changed but their location, and their location was always changing. She was still the same girl that had woken him up this morning, the same girl he had met a short time ago; however worse for wear. Dean shifted his feet, left to right back to left again. His brow furrowed he made his decision and with a sense of determination he walked toward the balcony. His mind still asked the question his mouth had not yet formed but Liz turned around noting his presence instead of speaking he simply grabbed her arms.

Liz looked down confused. Dean’s grip wasn’t harsh. It wasn’t painful but it was firm, the way he always did things. He held her by the forearms and stared right into her eyes, so far that she felt he could probably see straight through to her brain.

“Wha—.” Came the failed attempt to understand what was going on, because as soon as Liz had opened her mouth, she had found it shut again with Dean’s mouth crashing down upon hers.

He held her against him, not releasing any of the tension on Liz’s arms. Neither pushing forward or pulling away. Liz made the first move by grabbing his own forearms and pushing back on them, his lips leaving hers with a popping noise.

“Uh…What was that?” She asked confused but he wasn’t in a rush to answer. His face was a paradox, confused yet strangely…enlightened. His eyes rose, he released her arms only to cup her cheek and grab her by the waist. This time, more softly, he went in again, pressing his lips to hers and kissing the girl thoroughly. Liz couldn’t help but kiss back, it was no secret to anyone, including Dean, that she liked Dean. She had thought of this on many occasions, and never really imagined that it would actually happen. But still, her mind fought against her heart, needing to understand. As much as she wanted to give herself freely she had been hurt in the past and therefore did not trust as well as her younger self did. So she mustered up all the strength she had and pushed him away.

“Dean…wait.”

He wasn’t interested in waiting. It was like Dean had made a new discovery and wasn’t going to let anyone intrude on the new high he had found. He silenced her again, smirking when she sighed against his lips. Dean knew he should talk to her. Liz Parker was always thinking so he knew her motor was running at full power trying to figure out what the fuck was going on, but the caveman inside him decided that right now, on this balcony in Egypt, kissing her felt too good to stop and ask questions.

He almost growled when she pushed him away again.

“Wait…I can’t think…And you can’t just shut me up like that, this is not something that…I mean…I’m trying to talk to you and—.” She sighed exasperatedly.

“Liz.” He fought the urge to roll his eyes. “You think too fucking much.”

Her mouth couldn’t help but quirk their corners up into a small smile. She nodded her head before grabbing his collar and pushing him inside, her lips following his, closing in by the minute.

Whatever this was, whatever was happening, Liz decided she could wait till morning to figure it out.
Love is not a victory march. Its a cold, and its a broken Hallelujah. -Leonard Cohen
fourrightchords
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch24- 1/27

Hey ya'll. Here's the new part and sorry it took so long!

As always, thank you to those who are reading and an extra special one to those replying!

Barbara87413- I'm glad you like it!
roswellian love- I know, right? And I agree with Sam. He's just a big fat pawn in their silly little game.
Maiqu- Haha. Glad you loved it!
DatGirl88- ...sorry I got you kicked out of the library. Actually thats a total lie. I'm not sorry. :) I do love making people burst out in laughter in completely inappropriate places. Thanks!
thetvgeneral- oh sure, anytime!
garcia88- Haha. I agree I agree I agree. And, I agree. I'm trying to give Sam SOME redeemable qualities. Keep in mind Sam had a very troubled childhood? No? Okay...well. I tried. Thanks.
AvalonRose- Ruby...that Sam stealing bitch. Thanks! And I'll try and be more consistant.
Soopke- Thank you so much! The tables have turned, haven't they? The uber couple is falling apart and Dean and Liz are getting it together. No need to apologize as you can see I'm not Ms. Consistant either. :)

Another thank you and here we go!

Chapter Twenty-Four

“I shouldn’t have let her just run out like that. She’s out there alone now…” Sam stared at the teenage boy; tied and gagged in the bathtub. Ruby lay mindless watching the tv which was half snow anyway.

“You did what you could. Ava’s a big girl she can make her own choices.”

“It’s been days she won’t even text me back.” Sam closed his phone dejectedly.

“What makes you think she even wants to talk to you?” Ruby shrugged.

“She loves me.” Sam said seriously.

“Yeah well. From what Liz has said I’m sure that’s true for a lot of people.”

Sam narrowed his eyes. “What do you know about what Liz says.”

“Do you really think you were really alone that entire time?” Ruby rose from the bed to manually shut off their ancient television. “What we’re doing is way too valuable for me to just sleep on the job. I was there, even if you didn’t know it and it’s not like those walls are sound proof.”

Sam had nothing to say in return.

“Look, Sam. Ava had a life before you. She probably had a real life before and after Liz showed up and hit her with the demon-wowy. There were probably other guys in other towns. Who’s to say she doesn’t just fall for them the same way she fell for you. I mean, from what you said she was pretty forward when you first met. She knows what she wants when she wants it. Clearly she wants something else now.”

Sam was uncomfortable with this revelation. His lips formed a tight white line and he wanted to shout out in Ava’s defense. He knew what he felt, he knew what she felt. But the seeds of doubt had already found their soft ground and were growing like a weed among roses.

“Sam I’m not telling you this to make you feel bad. I’m telling you this because its what I’ve been saying all along. This is crazy, what we’re doing. But its right. And no one else can see that. No one else can see you anymore, not Dean not Bobby not Ava. And that’s not your fault. And if it takes them turning against us to prove them wrong and keep them safe then we have to do it. You know that.”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Alright. So, no more mopey puppy dog, please? A girl can only take so much.” Ruby smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Sam half-assed it, offering a small tight grin. He stood up and shrugged his jacket on. “I’m going to take a walk. Clear my head before we get back out there.”

Ruby nodded. “Alright I’ll give you call when we’re ready to go.”

“Kay. And Ruby…you’re wrong about Ava. Maybe she doesn’t understand….but its not because she didn’t try. And it wasn’t like that between us.”

“Okay, Sam.” Ruby nodded politely. “I’m gonna go tend to our little boyscout”

Sam closed the door tightly behind him and took a deep breath. He walked down the grey asphalt, his large feet shuffling against the ground leaving a tiny trail of dust behind him. His fingers dangled over the send button on his phone, the name Ava highlighted on the screen. In other times he would have called Dean. But he knew what Dean would say. And he knew that no matter how pissed his brother was at him and he was at his brother, at the end of the day they were blood and Dean held that in higher esteem than everything. Even if Dean picked up and asked Sam to come back, he wouldn’t. He wouldn’t allow things to go the way they always did, Dean never trusting Sam to do what needed to be done. Dean the perpetual older brother.

But things with Ava needed to be fixed. And for some reason he couldn’t let go.

He pressed the call button and closed his eyes as it rang. After the third ring he expected her voice mail but was instead delighted when her melodious laugh sailed over the line.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Ava.”

There was a short pause.

“Hello?”

“Ava its Sam…”

“Hello!?!...Sam is that you?!” She said again, this time more agitated. Sam checked his bars, full service.

“Ava!” He shouted, and was about to shout again when he heard it.

“Oooo ex-boyfriend is a phone breather? You sure know how to pick em!” A male voice laughed.

Sam squeezed the phone tight.

“Shut up, Kyle!” He heard Ava scoff. A noise that he’d once found endearing now simply angered him.

“If this is Sam…try calling back I can’t—.”

Sam clicked his phone shut before he could hear the rest of Ava’s plea.

He spun on his heel and stalked off toward the hotel. He was angry, but he couldn’t put Ava at fault. He was a monster, and monsters were meant to be alone.

“Well, here we are. Dayton, Ohio.” Kyle cut the engine in front of the U-Store building. “What are you picking up here?”

Ava grabbed her bag from her feet. “Liz’s car.” She said quickly, getting out and jogging into the office.

“Wha…” Kyle stuttered before regaining his senses and following the blonde girl in front of him.

She had called him asking for a ride across country, and to anyone else he would have refused but for some reason he made an exception for Ava and said okay. He didn’t even have a car, but she wasn’t to know that. He caught a plane and got a rental and she simply hadn’t asked questions. He was to drop her off in Ohio and then go home, no more no less.

“Holy Shit. This was NOT Liz’s car.” Kyle exclaimed in awe as the U-Store worker opened up the unit.

Ava raised her eyebrow, opening the front door to find the car keys in the glove box. “This piece of shit?”

Kyle looked disgusted. “Are you kidding? I mean, sure, it needs a little body work, new paint job. Pop the hood.”

Ava sighed, but reached down to open the hood. Kyle helped it along and pinned it up, studying the inside. “Mmm. Alternator could be replaced, battery’s good though. Needs a new fan belt. Engine looks great, how many miles?”

“I don’t know.” Ava shouted from the inside of the car. “Odometers broken.”

“Ehh it doesn’t matter. This car is a classic.” Kyle shut the hood and it landed with a bang. “You know…I could…uh, I could hang out and take a look at it. See what I could fix.”

Ava opened her mouth but froze. She’d wanted to say yes. Yes, stay and fix my best friends car, and while you’re at it, could you have a go at fixing me too? She stared at Kyle’s eager face and cringed on the inside. She couldn’t do that to him. Not while she still loved Sam.

“You know, that would be great, but I really need to hit the road.”

Kyle nodded. “Sure. Drive safe, Ava.”

“Thanks.” She answered with a smile. “Kyle?” He turned on his heel to look at her.

“Yeah?”

“I wish we had met back when….when Liz was still here.”

He smiled. “Me too.”

“Oh, and Kyle?”

He raised his eyebrows with a slight smile. “Yes?”

“Uh…Listen, Liz doesn’t…Liz wouldn’t blame you for anything. She’d want you to move on with your life and be happy no matter what, okay?”

Kyle looked down and exhaled. Somberly he finally raised his head and offered Ava a small painful smile. “Thanks for saying that, Aves.”

“No big.” She waved goodbye to him as he got into his car and drove out of the lot. Popping the trunk she tossed her duffel in the back and got into the seat. She didn’t have a clue where she was going. Liz wasn’t answering or returning her phone calls and she didn’t have a clue in hell where the girl was. The engine started easily. She pulled out slowly and took a right out of the Unit. She found her phone in her pocket and searched for Liz’s number. Bobby could probably use some company, she’d figured and if Liz didn’t pick up the phone she would be getting an earful of a voicemail.

“It fucking figures that I don’t get service at our 5 star hotel, but once we make it out on location service is loud and clear. Ava’s calling.” Liz held her phone out for Dean to see.

“Well, now’s a bad time, don’t you think?” He whispered back. They were taking up the rear in the back of the group. Dean had one hand on a battery powered lantern and another grasping Liz’s free hand. She was carrying an extra flashlight and the map under her arm, her phone in her right.

“Yeah. Shit she’s going to be pissed.” Liz pressed the ignore button and pushed her phone back in her pocket.

“This is quite amazing, everyone gather up here and look at this!” The professor exclaimed.

“Now’s a good time, lets get out of here.” Liz pulled on Dean’s hand.

“What about the book?” Dean referred to the book that the Professor held in a vice grip in his left hand while he pointed at things with his right.

“We don’t need it. I’ve read that thing so many damn times it’s engraved in my brain by now, let’s go! Hurry!” The pair disappeared behind a corner and took off running. Once they were clear of the group Liz opened the map and laid it down. She passed her flashlight over it once, looked around for a moment, and then back on the map.

“Okay…I think we’re here.” She pointed at a spot on the map.

“You think?” Dean cocked his eyebrow at her.

“Yeah well, it’s an old map, okay? Lay off.” She picked the map off the ground. “The temple is that way.” She pointed an annoyed finger.

“That way?” Dean pointed also, a slight smiled.

Liz nodded.

“You sure?”

She said nothing, only gave him a dark stare.

“Alright alright, Jesus, I was kidding.” Dean laughed, playfully pushing Liz in the direction she’d previously indicated.

Fifteen minutes of walking and a couple, no its that way, maybe its that way’s later, the pair found themselves standing in front of a large archway made of stone, two statues on either side painted up and holding long spears.

“I kinda feel like I’m in the Temple of Doom.” Dean said as he watched Liz pass through the gate way.

“Well, then, Indy, lets get a move on, huh?” Liz said nervously. Breathing out a huge breath she looked around the room they found themselves in.. It wasn’t big, no bigger than their hotel room. It was dark and in the center there was a large slab of stone, but other than that it didn’t look like anything else was in the room at all.

“Lizzie, let me borrow your lighter.” Dean asked, shining his light against the wall onto a torch posted onto the side of it.

She handed him her lighter which he promptly lit and held up to the flame portion of the torch. It caught fire quickly, and almost immediately flamed out causing the room to light quickly and then dissolve in darkness once again.

“Hmm. That usually works in the movies.” Dean said.

“Oh Jesus, give me my lighter back.” Liz took the lighter out of Dean’s outstretched hand and gave him her flashlight, grabbing the lantern from him. She walked over to the slab of stone and placed the lantern on top of it while Dean walked about the room, tapping the wall in various places.

“It has to be here, I’m sure of it.” Liz pushed at the top of the slab, hoping that by some miracle it would slide off magically. After several tries and no movement she leaned against it, exhausted.

“Hey,” Dean said, tapping on a part of the wall behind her. “Yahtzee.”

“What?” She spun around.

“Listen.” Dean said quietly. Taking the blunt end of his flashlight he tapped a horizontal line against the wall. Three taps, light high pitched against the stone, the fourth a deep timber. He did it again, three high pitched taps, the fourth low pitched, and he continued until it got high pitched again.

“About this wide.” He held his arms out to indicate a space of about 3 feet where it was hollow sounding. “All the way up and all the way down.” He said with more tapping.

“Shit. How do we get in?” Liz said, frantically looking on the wall for an opening latch.

She jumped at the sound of a loud bang and finally some crunching.

“Like that?” Dean said sheepishly, the non-business end of his flashlight stuck in the wall.

Liz looked shocked at the hole Dean had just made. “How hard did you hit that?”

“Not that hard.” Dean shrugged. “Its old…brittle. Probably like, ancient mud bricks made by jewish people. I’ll have it down in no time.” He raised his flashlight to strike again but Liz stopped him, grabbing his arm.

“Right, and let everyone know where were are? Too much noise, Dean. I’ll handle it.”

“And how are you going to—.”

Liz released green energy from her hands, blowing a hole through the wall. Before the chunks of wall could hit the ground, she caught them with her powers, and held them mid air, finally lowering them slowly, allowing them to fall making minimal amounts of noise.

“Ahh. I should have figured.”

Liz smiled, grabbing her lantern off the slab and shining it into the hole. It illuminated enough to see that the entrance led down a set of stairs, at the bottom, another room.

“Great.” Dean said, peering down the stairs.

“There’s probably spiders down there, huh.” Liz stated rather than asked.

“Big, fat, hairy ones.” Dean responded. “What the hell is this place, anyway?” Dean took a tentative step down the stair, reaching for Liz’ s hand to help her down.

“It’s where they sacrificed Christians.”

“I’m sorry, what?”

“After Jesus’ death Christians everywhere were persecuted. The Romans killed thousands in their coliseums. The Egyptians sacrificed them to their gods. One of the descendents of one of the original apostles was sacrificed here.” She answered him as they got to the bottom of the stairs. “This is probably where they threw the—.”

“Bodies?” Dean’s light shone on a stack of preserved bodies. This room was much bigger than the room above, probably the size of their entire hotel. Stacks and stacks of dead people filled the room. “Gross.”

“Yeah.” Liz agreed, covering her mouth to hide the smell. “Well, this was how they worshiped. Over here, Dean.”

He followed her voice over to a stack of something else. Bags, satchels, what looked like old clothes. “It looks like the freaking holocaust in here. How the hell are we going to find it?”

Liz shrugged. “Start looking?”

“Genius.”

“Well, you got a better idea, Potzee?”

“Hey, I’m not Potzee, I’m the Fonze. Everyone knows that. And yes, I do. Do you see any other weapons in here?” Dean indicated to the pile which Liz was currently sifting through. She stopped, putting the satchel she held down.

“No.”

“No. And what are we looking for?”

“A knife.”

“Mmhmm.”

“Okay, smart boy, where do you want to look then?”

“I’d say over there in the stack of spears and bows and arrows.” Dean pointed to a small pile of thin wood sticks, smiling widely.

“Shut up.” Liz shoved him as he laughed.

“How do we even know this thing will be in this pile? Didn’t you say their holy men used it for something?” Dean asked.

“Hey, you wanted to look in the freakin pile.” Liz complained, tossing down the wooden spear she held in her hands. “Maybe we should take a look around, see what else is in here?”

They walked around with flashlights extended, keeping safely close to one another. When they finally got past most of the deceased, they found a display that would most definitely make its way into any respected museum. A large statue, around 15 feet tall with the head of a jackal, standing at the head of 10 tombs.

“Are those…like…mummies?” Dean asked, cautiously stepping around the tombs.

Liz studied the tops, carefully painted, covered in jewels. “Yeah…expensive ones. Probably priests guarding the bodies. The statue is Anubis, I think.”

Dean walked over to take a good look at the statue, shining his light over all of it. The feet were planted in a giant stone base, no writing. He stood upright, his arms crossed in front of him, in one hand an unrecognizable tool, in the other, a wooden steak.

“Hey Liz?”

“Yeah?”

“What’s that look like to you, in Nube’s hand?”

“Nube?” Liz asked confused but came to look at the statue anyways.

Her flashlight joined Dean’s to illuminate the Egyptian god’s right hand.

“Holy shit its real.”

Ava drove quickly, nothing but the sound of the road and the wind rushing through her window. She’d make it to Bobby’s in record time, didn’t really feel like eating or sleeping. Her left hand rested idly outside the window, the warm breeze passing through her fingers. She had no idea what she was going to do. Once Bobby figured out what was going on she was sure he’d insist on going out to where they were to find Sam and Ruby. Liz and Dean were MIA, the only thing that she had was a broken up voice mail from Liz.

She wasn’t sure how to feel about Sam and Lilith. She’d seen what Sam could do, Lilith didn’t stand a chance. And that was good, right? That was what she wanted was for Lilith to be dead and her friend to be safe and sound. Oh, and also for there not to be an apocalypse. But still, there was something about the whole situation that left a bad taste in her mouth. Finally the silence got to her and she pushed on the radio. Country, of course. That’s all that played in these parts and god forbid Liz get an actual freaking CD player.

“It isn’t safe for you to all be split up like this.”

Ava jumped, causing the car to swerve dangerously in the road.

“Shit, dude! What’s wrong with you!” She screamed at Castiel who looked worse for wear.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t have much time. Where are Dean and Liz?” His face was haggard, if angel’s slept he hadn’t gotten any sleep in years.

“All I could understand from the voicemail was that they were catching a plane somewhere. What’s going on?” Ava asked, glancing over nervously.

“Anna’s gone missing. I fear…I have to find Dean, its imperative that I speak with him.”

With that he disappeared, leaving Ava in the car alone once again.

“Uggggh.” She groaned, digging out her phone and calling Liz one more time. “C’mon pick up, pick up, pick up the goddamned phone! FUCK!”

Ending her attempt at calling Liz, she pulled a U-ie and tried a different number.

“Bobby, Its Ava. Look I need you to meet me in Maryland right away. We found Lilith and I think we’re in trouble.”
Love is not a victory march. Its a cold, and its a broken Hallelujah. -Leonard Cohen
fourrightchords
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch25&26- 4/1

Chapter Twenty-Five

“Okay, would you just be careful please? That thing is like…”

“Really freaking old?” Dean grunted as he climbed up Anubis. He swung his right arm up, grabbing the shoulder of the statue and placing his foot on the belt. The statue rumbled and creaked with each movement, causing Liz, who was at a safe distance below to cringe.

“Okay. It’s not moving.” Dean said, using his left hand to tug and pull at the wooden stake.

“What do you mean its not—. Oh shit, Dean, you okay?” Liz giggled.

Dean had been giving it all he had, trying to wriggle the stake free of Anubis’ grasp when suddenly and without warning it had come loose. And Dean had fallen 15 feet down straight onto his ass.

“Ugh…laugh it up, chuckles.” Dean groaned, rolling over to push himself up.

“So that’s it, huh?” Liz asked, nervously eyeing the object in Dean’s hand.

“Guess so.” He held his light to it to get a better look.

“Hey.” Liz said, sucking in a breath of air. “Lights.” She nodded her head toward the entrance.

“Let’s go. Here, put this in your bag.” Dean opened Liz’s satchel and placed it gently inside. Grabbing her hand he pulled her around the room toward the door. Once they had ascended the stairs, Liz stuck a head out of the arch way to see if anyone was out there.

“I don’t see anyone.” She whispered.

“Alright.” Dean nodded.

Liz spun back, noting how close she was to Dean. Her eyes just about met his chin, which after missing his morning shave was stubbly. “We’re really going to do this, aren’t we?” She said hopefully.

“Yeah.” Dean answered her quietly. She smiled up at him and he couldn’t help but grin back. With his left hand still attached to her right, he lifted his other and stroked her soft cheek with his thumb. Leaning in slowly, gently, he placed his lips against hers. Pulling away slowly, Dean brought his forehead down to rest on hers. “Let’s get outta here, huh?”

“Hell yeah.” Liz answered. She lead the way, taking a few quick steps down the hall.

“Miss Martin.”

Liz and Dean both froze in their tracks. Turning slowly, Liz offered a nervous smile at the professor.

“Professor!”

Professor Dunham smiled. “We’ve been looking for you.” The five students flanked him with blank expressions.

“Ahh…yeah we decided to go explore. So many interesting things. We were just coming to find you…we found—.”

“Right. I know what you found, Elizabeth. We also know that your surname isn’t Martin, Miss Parker. And who could forget the elusive Winchester. Shouldn’t you be dead, Dean? Now, I’m going to make this very easy for you. I suggest you give me what I want before I have to ask for it.” The Professor finished.

Dean slowly raised the lantern he was holding, up until the light made it to Professor Dunham and his group, their eyes pitch black.

“Fuck.”

In the 21st Century there weren’t many places where there was nothing. Not a house, a store, a tree. This was that place. A place with nothing. No light. And Anna wasn’t even sure there was ground.

“I don’t understand why I’m being held here!” She shouted into the oblivion.

“All will be answered in due time.”

She spun on her heel. “You.”

“Yes. Me.”

“Why was I taken? We have less than 24 hours to stop Lilith and I’m being held here? Where is Castiel?”

The man simply smiled. “I’m well aware of the time.”

“You haven’t answered me yet.” Anna spoke firmly.

“And I should answer to you, Anna? Dear sister?”

“If you don’t let me go Dean will never know about the final Seal.”

“No. He wont.”

Anna stared slack-jawed.

“Jophiel…if we don’t tell Dean…”

“Oh calm yourself, sister. Everything will happen as it is supposed to.” Jophiel sighed, sitting on the chair suddenly made available.

“You…you want this to happen. You want the final seal to be broken.” Anna stated.

Jophiel shrugged. “Maybe I do.”

“You were working for Uriel.”

“Do not be fooled.” Jophiel shouted. “No one is working for anyone. We are family. We are united in our task. It is you who is the outsider Anna. And for what? For humans that ruin our father’s beautiful creation!?”

“If Lucifer is set free all of Father’s creation will be destroyed! Everything, Jophiel!”

“Lucifer will only destroy what he hates most. He will leave the rest of creation. And then, once Dean Winchester kills him, we will be free to live in paradise and do as we wish. Imagine what we can create without those cretins polluting our existence.” Jophiel smiled.

“Our father will not stand for this.”

“Father is dead, Anna. When are you going to accept it? Instead you piddle around making trouble and riling people up. You’ve been nothing but trouble. And now, instead of joining us I have to baby sit you. For what? A Millennia obsession with Michael. No wonder you were drawn to Dean Winchester.”

“It was never about that. I was never drawn to Dean Winchester.” Anna yelled.

“No, you weren’t. But that’s not to be said about Dean’s counter part. I have news for you, Anna, dear. It is as it was centuries ago. Michael does not return your affections. Michael stands with us.” Jophiel added.

“You’re lying.” Anna frowned.

“I’m sorry, Anna. In all your eagerness to please Michael, all along he was with us. We may have had to force his hand a bit, but if Lucifer is on earth, Michael will fight and Michael will win. And you wont be there to see any of it.”

“Where’s Castiel?” Anna demanded.

“Someone else’s problem. Our brother will be taken care of. It’s a shame, Anna. But you really are a thorn in our side. Losing your grace, becoming a human. Joining with the Winchester’s. Mingling with that…demon prodigy.” Jophiel scoffed.

“A demon prodigy that you pulled!”

“Yes and if you hadn’t have stepped in and warned her she’d be another seal broken and we’d be one step closer. Now she is merely a pain in my ass. One that we cannot get rid of.”

“You can’t hurt her, can you?” Anna asked.

“As long as she is a seal she is untouchable. That will change by the days end and we will no longer need her. Thank Father for little loop holes.”

“They’ll stop Lilith. They’ll find a way, I’ll warn them.” Anna threatened.

Jophiel sighed. “You just had to make your self a pest, didn’t you, sister? You could’ve had it all. Life in paradise with your family, Michael.”

“Not like this, Jophiel. Not this way.”

“What does it matter, this way or that? So long as it happens. I’m sorry sister. I cannot allow you to intervene.”

Two swords materialized as the chair Jophiel was seated on faded away.

“You’re going to have to kill me.”

Jophiel smiled, fingering his blade. “I thought you might say that.”

“I’m going to count to three. And then we’re going to run.” Liz whispered. Dean sucked in a breath of air as he turned off their flashlight.

“One…”

“Two…”

“Three.”

A burst of energy erupted from Liz’s open palms and the demons flew back into the wall with a loud crash.

“Go! Go!” Dean shouted, grabbing Liz’s arm and sprinting as fast as he could. They ran as hard as they could, but eventually heard the hard multitude of footsteps running behind them, for Liz wasn’t able to put the demons down like she had wanted or desired.

“Fuck! Dead end!” Liz shouted slamming the wall they had run into. The temple was like a Maze, and with no time to read the writing on the wall they could only guess which way to go.

“Alright, this way!” Dean shouted.

But they didn’t have time to turn, as Liz flew away from Dean head first and landing with an oompf into the ground. Dean pulled his weapon from the back of his pants and unloaded two shots into the shoulders of two demons that fell to the ground only to get back up.

The attack, not enough to subdue the demons, distracted them enough for Liz to rise and unload her own kind of bullet. With a large push they all fell to the ground, and another second had rocks from the ceiling falling around them, entombing them.

“That won’t hold long, lets go!” Liz shouted.

After what seemed like forever they finally breathed fresh air and felt the sun on their face. The Helicopter that flew them in sat in a Heli pad two miles away. They had been driven there by jeeps which sat side by side 50 feet from the entrance.

“We don’t have keys.” Dean stated.

“I got it, just drive.” Liz held her hand to the dash board and after a minute the Jeep roared to life.

Dean hit the gas pedal and the pair lurched forward. Liz turned in her seat facing the other two vehicles. Dean shrank in his seat after a large explosion blew. He glanced back in the rear view mirror to see flames and debris flying everywhere. Liz sat right side forward in her chair again and buckled her seat belt.

“Shit.” Dean smiled.

Liz couldn’t help but chuckle with him. “We gotta get back to the states as soon as possible. I’m moving up our flight.” She pulled the cell phone from her bag. “Ava’s called like 12 times. What if something’s wrong?”

“We’ll call her at the airport. Right now, we need on that Helicopter.” Dean nodded his head at the large black flying machine and the pilot perched against it reading a magazine.

“YaLLah” Liz shouted at the pilot who looked confused. Dean rolled his eyes when he protested, saying something in Arabic that was too quick for Liz to understand.

Dean pulled his gun once again from his back and cocked it once. “You fly us now or I shoot you in the head.”

The pilots eyes widened and he nodded quickly. Guns were a language everybody spoke.

The helicopter ride was shorter going back then there, they touched down after a couple of hours and wasted no time getting to the hotel and then catching the taxi to the airport.

“Our flight leaves in 50 minutes. We just have to avoid…well…everyone until then and get on that plane.”

The airport was a crowded frenzy. Everyone walking every which way in the same hurry that Dean and Liz were. Liz bypassed every computer they had to get through in order to save time and soon they were standing in customs security waiting to pass through.

“You get rid of the gun?” Liz asked.

“We should’ve shipped it back to Bobby’s” Dean complained, standing behind Liz.

“We didn’t exactly have enough time.” Liz said staring at the line straight ahead. “Come on, our line is moving.” Liz felt Dean’s hand drop from the small of her back. She reached back behind her to grab onto his hand but felt nothing.

“Dean?” She spun. He wasn’t there.

“Dean!” She shouted. The line moved passed her as she stood alone, on her toes trying to see the familiar head of dirty blonde hair.

“Dean!?” She screamed, clutching her bag to her. She was frantic, backing out of line. She found the nearest chair and hopped onto it. Scanning the crowd was fruitless. Dean was gone.

“Dean!!”

Chapter Twenty Six

“What the hell is going on?” Bobby threw his hunting bag into the room as soon as Ava had opened the door.

“Long story. Sam and I split from Dean and Liz.”

“Dean told me.” The older man grumbled.

“Right. Well…I can’t get a hold of Liz or Dean. I split from Sam, said enough is enough…but…something is off, Bobby. Castiel popped in…he was shaken, man. Like, really really nervous. Almost afraid. Bobby, Sam and Ruby are going after Lilith tonight. But….I don’t know.”

“Alright, did Castiel say anything specific?”

“Just that we shouldn’t be split up like this. And that Anna is missing and that he was afraid. He wasn’t real clear on anything. I’ve left Liz like twenty messages and she hasn’t called me…”

“Okay.” Bobby said, sitting at the table sighing loudly. “Lilith is here for the last seal. Do we have any clue what that is?”

Ava shrugged.

“Well. Let’s figure it out. We drop in on Sam and Ruby and see if we can’t help.”

“Okay. Okay.” Ava nodded and relaxed a bit. A familiar tune began to play and she raced to pull the phone from her bag.

“Liz?!”

“Ava.” Liz’s voice called out relieved.

“Where the hell are you? Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, Aves….I’m in Egypt.”

“EGYPT?”

“Long story. Listen…Dean…he disappeared.”

“Well where’d he go?”

“I don’t know, Ava…he was right behind me, we were getting on the plane…I turned and he was gone. I don’t know what to do.” Liz’s voice was shaky over the line.

Ava sat in a chair and exhaled. “Fuck. Did you get on the plane?”

“No…I couldn’t, I tried to look for him, tried to call him. Listen we were being followed…they were after us I thought we lost them…but…”

“Okay, We have to figure out how to get you home. When does the next flight leave?”

“I don’t know but what if he’s still here I can’t just leave him.” Liz answered. “Where are you?”

“Maryland. The final seal goes down tonight…but me and Bobby have no clue where it is. You should be here with us.”

“Fuck Aves, what if Dean’s here somewhere still?”

“Look, Castiel said we should all be together. You shouldn’t be alone out in another country, Liz.” Ava said.

“When did you see Cas?” Liz answered.

“It doesn’t matter, but…”

“Holy Shit!” Liz exclaimed.

“What! What?” Ava jumped from her chair.

“Ava I’ll call you back.”

“No Liz don’t you dare hang up that….phone.” Ava pulled the phone from her ear as she heard the click. “I’m gonna kick her ass.”

“What’s going on?” Bobby asked.

“Liz is in Egypt. Dean disappeared.”

“What?” Bobby exclaimed.

“Liz and Dean were in Egypt but I guess Dean disappeared. Someone was after them, one guess as to who. Fuck, what do we do, Bobby?” Ava whined.

“Stick to the plan.” Bobby suggested. “Do some research on the town and figure out as much as we can about the last seal and jump in. Ain’t nothing we can do about Egypt.”

“Alright. You’re right. Hand me that laptop, let’s get to work.”

“Look, Castiel said we should all be together. You shouldn’t be alone out in another country, Liz.” Ava said.

“When did you see Cas?” Liz answered, pacing away in the women’s restroom of the airport.

“It doesn’t matter, but…”

“Holy Shit!” Liz exclaimed, a trench coated man facing her with a grim expression.

“What! What?” Ava shouted from the other end.

“Ava I’ll call you back.” Liz removed the phone from her ear.

“No Liz don’t you dare hang up that—.”

But Liz had already clicked her phone shut.

“Bout damn time you showed up.” Liz spit out.

“Dean was taken.” Castiel half asked half stated.

“Yeah. You got ideas?” Liz asked.

“Take my hand.” Castiel held his arm out.

“Why?”

“Just take it.”

Liz gingerly reached her arm out and grabbed hold of Castiel’s. After that, all she could see was light so bright she had to close her eyes. When she opened them she wasn’t in the bathroom at the airport, but in a hotel room.

“Where are we?” Liz asked.

“Safe” Castiel answered.

“Where?”

“Texas.”

“Why are we in Texas?”

“We’ll be safe here.” Castiel said impatiently, sitting himself on the bed.

“We? What the hell is going on, Cas? Where’s Dean?”

Castiel didn’t answer.

“We should be in Maryland. Ava says the final seal is going to be broken tonight.” Liz protested. Castiel didn’t sway his gaze.

“Cas!” Liz shoved the angel hard and he barely moved. “You know what’s going on. Tell me what’s happening!”

“I can’t.” He hacked out in his gruff voice.

“Yes you can! Cas, you know what’s going to happen if we don’t stop Lilith…we have to find Dean…we have to stop her! Isn’t it your job to help us? Don’t the angel’s want Lucifer to stay buried?” Liz shouted. One guilty glance from Castiel and suddenly Liz understood.

“The….the angel’s don’t want to stop Lilith.”

“I didn’t know until it was too late. I had my suspicions. Then Anna was taken and I got word that Jophiel was in charge of her. They came for me. I ran. They got to Dean, took him. They can’t touch you because you’re still a seal. But after Lucifer is set free you will no longer be needed. If we hide here, we have a chance.” Castiel explained.

“What do they need Dean for?” Liz wondered.

Castiel did not answer.

“What about Sam? Are they going to take him too?”

“Sam will be undisturbed.” He answered her.

“But if Sam’s trying to kill Lilith…” Liz deducted. “Castiel. You will tell me everything or I will leave and not be quiet about where you are.”

Castiel sighed. “Killing Lilith IS the final seal. And Sam Winchester is the only one who can do it. Once Sam kills Lilith, Lucifer will be released. And then Dean will kill him. Dean is being held until that time.”

Liz narrowed her eyes. “What do you mean being held?”

“He will not be harmed.” Castiel assured. “They need him. And they need him well.”

“This is wrong Cas, and you know it.” Liz confronted Castiel, hands on hips and a scowl across her face.

“My hands are tied.”

She scoffed. “You’re a fucken angel and your hands are tied? Bull shit Cas. Why are they doing this?”

“They want paradise on earth. Once Lucifer is killed—.”

“Don’t they understand the kind of destruction that will happen if Lucifer is released? Millions of people will die!”

“I know!” Castiel bit out suddenly. “And I don’t like it. But what would you have me do? Stand against all of heaven?”

“I expect you to do what’s right Cas. Take me to Bobby and Ava. Free Dean and bring him to us. We can stop Sam, all of us together. It doesn’t have to be like this.” Liz pleaded.

“If you stop Sam, Lilith lives.” Castiel reminded her.

“I can kill Lilith.”

“How…”

“Don’t worry about how. Just get me to Maryland and get Dean.”

Castiel still looked unconvinced.

“Please Cas.” Liz pleaded. “Please.”

Her voice shook, as only one who had actually experienced the depths of hell could. She extended her hand at the angel who stared at it intently.

“Okay.” He said after a minute. Rising from the bed he grabbed onto Liz’s small hand. The same white light encompassed Liz and when she opened them she found herself alone out side of a hotel room door. Glancing around in the darkness she saw no one. The door in front of her said 23, so she knocked quietly.

After a minute the door flew open. She found herself encompassed by the arms of her best friend.

“Shit I’m glad you’re okay.” Ava breathed out.

“Hey.” She said back. “Bobby.” She nodded toward the older man who nodded back cordially.

“How much do you guys know?” Liz asked cautiously.

“Nothing.” Ava answered. “We’ve been goin crazy trying to figure out this last seal. Have you figured out where Dean is yet?”

Liz nodded. “Kind of. Castiel is getting him. Look, you guys have to know something. Sam…uh…Sam killing Lilith…that IS the final seal.”

“Excuse me?” Ava asked, her jaw dropping.

“Cas said that when Sam kills Lilith that breaks the final seal. He’s the only one who can do it. We have to stop him.” Liz explained.

Ava’s eyes narrowed. “Are you you right now?”

Liz rolled her eyes. “Try me.”

Ava stuck her palm on Liz’s cheek and connected. After she was satisfied she pulled away and sat on the couch. “Aww Fuck.”

“Tell me about it.”

“Why Sam?” Bobby asked.

“He didn’t say.” Liz shook her head. “Just that he was the only one. And Dean’s the one that can stop Lucifer, that’s why the angel’s have him. They’re keeping him fresh till they need him. The Angels…they’ve been working with Lilith all along…everyone sides’ Cas and Anna. They were kept out of it. Cas…he had me in Texas saying we were going to hide there…from what it sounded like Anna is being held. Or dead.”

“Okay…so we just have to figure out where and when then?” Ava realized.

“Well, I think I got an idea about that.” Bobby interjected. “Couple decades ago there was a mass murder at a convent couple miles outside of town. The Preacher did it, but he said he personally didn’t. It was his body, but he wasn’t controlling it. He killed 30 nuns.”

Liz nodded. “That sounds like a bingo if I ever heard one.”

“It’s our best shot. Next we figure out when.” Bobby reasoned.

“I’ll take care of that.” Ava pulled her phone out and sent one word.

*When*

Bobby and Liz stared at Ava as she nervously held her phone waiting for a reply.

“What are you doing?” Liz asked.

“I haven’t talked to him since I left.” Ava shifted.

“If you’re texting him why don’t you just tell him what’s going on?” Bobby asked as if obvious.

Ava shook her head vigorously. “He won’t listen. We have to tell him face to face. He’s really far gone, guys…more so now than before. Ruby’s got him…I’d bet she was in on it the whole fucking time…Stupid Bitch. If I can’t talk him down…I hope to god Dean gets there.”

“Even if we get there and get to Sam in time, that leaves two pissed she-demons to deal with.” Bobby added.

“Oh I’ll fucking handle Ruby.” Ava spat.

“I can take Lilith.” Liz said quietly.

“Liz you can’t…”

“Yes I can. It’s what Dean and I were doing in Egypt. We found a way.” Liz assured the two.

“Well.” Ava said, shakily. “I hope you’re right, Lizzie. Its 11:30, we got half an hour.”

She held her phone out for all to see. Sam had indeed texted her back, the letters blaring off the screen like Vegas stood out in the dark desert of Nevada.

*Midnight*
fourrightchords
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch27- 4/11

Soooooo who's a slacker? This girl. But hey, time flies when you're...working all the time. Sorry, annoying I know. :) Thanks for sticking around and hey, this story is already finished so you WILL NOT be left hanging. Well...left hanging forever, I mean. That said, we're nearing the end! I wish I could tell you what's coming as far as stories go, but I'm still figuring it out myself.

Anyways, thanks for sticking around.

Barbara87413- Eh...too long? too long. sorry.
Avalon Rose- Well. ask and you shall...oh you know the rest. get excited!
garcia88- thank you thank you thank you!
behrstars- Dont die. Seriously, though.
Maiqu- Cas is one attractive man. Thats why I love him. Ps, i like your little banner thing. Mark Salling is a stone cold fox. and I LOVE Glee!
antariangirl93- If by soon you meant eventually...then...well I delivered!!! :) Thanks for reading!
VanilCoke- Thank you so much!
ZansLove- Dear Pot, I could complain, but then you could call me Black. sincerely, Kettle. but seriously, thank you for all your nice words! It makes me so happy that people read this and relate and that its believeable enough that you all can pay attention to the story, and not how the characters arent on point. So thank you for reading and saying that!

Okay, done and done....here we go!!

Chapter Twenty-Seven

“You don’t want me to stop Lilith.” Dean realized.

Zachariah tried to keep his face pleasant, but was displeased, as Dean had figured out the game sooner than he’d liked.

“You want the final seal to be broken.”

“Well, yes. But—.”

“You want HELL on earth?” Dean shouted.

“Want? No, but we realize it’s necessary. That’s where you come in, Dean. Save the day and make the world butterflies and rainbows and kittens.” Zachariah smiled.

Dean scowled. Last thing he remembered he was standing with Liz in the airport. Next thing he’s in a room that looked like it belonged in the White House. After a while Zachariah the arch angel showed up offering him beer and women. All the best. He asked for Liz and Sam. The angel denied him. Hell, he’d even asked for Bobby and Ellen, and still he’d been denied. And when he’d tried to leave he was pleasantly shut down. Zachariah had then tried to distract him with his favorite burger but he was on to him. He’d seen Castiel briefly, but the angel wouldn’t budge, wouldn’t speak. Dean had made him promise to get Liz and get her safe, to which Castiel nodded and disappeared. Then Zachariah had returned and Dean was tired of game playing.

“But not without death. Destruction. Complete and utter human devastation.” Dean spoke firmly.

Zachariah maintained his unfazed pleasant grin.

“You don’t care. Do you?” Dean accused. “You don’t give a fuck about humans. You’re just like Uriel. So what if Sam succeeds and gets to Lilith. You think he wont get to her or you got him in one of these tanks too?”

The arch angel said nothing.

Dean breathed in deep. “You want Sam to get to Lilith.”

“Yes.” Zachariah answered. “Sam killing Lilith IS the final Seal. You got us.” He held his hands up in surrender. “You know, you’re quicker than we took you for, Dean.”

Dean rolled his eyes.

“But hey, what’s the big deal?” The Angel said cheekily. “Look, Sam kills Lilith…you don’t even like her. Lucifer rises, you kill Lucifer…no harm no foul. Every body’s happy. Heck, you could even set up shop with that pretty little brunette you got attached to your hip. Have a couple cute little demon slaying babies.”

“If you think I’ll do anything to help you monkeys out…you got another thing coming, bub.” Dean answered gruffly.

Zachariah frowned, but didn’t speak. Simply disappeared leaving Dean alone to think for himself.

“Fuck!” Dean grabbed the chair and hucked it into a painting. The glass shattered in a satisfying crunch. He grabbed one of the lighter looking pedestals and went to work on the wall. He would dig his way out if he could. He hurled and smashed until his arm felt numb and when he couldn’t lift them any more he turned to find the same wall he’d obliterated complete and whole as if he’d never touched it.

This is how it would end. His brother was setting the devil free. Ava was god knows where. Liz was in Egypt alone with a bunch of demons. And he was stuck here waiting for the apocalypse. They were using him as a pawn and there was nothing he could do about it. And the kicker was…they could’ve done it. He and Liz could’ve killed Lilith. They’d proved everyone wrong and achieved the impossible. They’d been through hell together, literally, to save the people they loved and now they couldn’t do what they’d been brought back for.

Sam didn’t even know what he was doing. He was so hell bent on proving himself, proving a point. And he was about to begin the apocalypse. He’d be beating himself up for the rest of his life, as he should, Dean thought. If Sam had just fucking listened to him for once instead of being such a damn hard head they would still be together. They would have figured it out the four of them.

And Liz. The girl he tried so desperately to stay away from. Now though, Dean couldn’t imagine waking up without seeing her. Now that he’d gotten to hold her and kiss her. Even if she got back to the states…it would never be in time. And if by some chance they made it past the apocalypse...it would never be the same. He hadn’t expected to be so attached. There’s not a lot of time for relationships when you move around so much and even then…Dean never thought he’d be a one woman guy.

Was that what they even had? Dean thought to himself. Where they even in a relationship? They’d only really even been together for two days. But then, how long before then had he wanted her and just tried to push it aside. He thought it would be too painful. At first it was, he couldn’t look at her without feeling the guilt and the pain as if the machete was back in his hand. Then one day it went away. And all that was left was…

Dean shook out of his stupor. There was no point in thinking about it. Whatever happened, happened and he had bigger fish to fry. Liz was a fighter, and they would both be okay. He would get out of here. He’d find a way and he would go save Sam like he always did. And Liz would make it cause she knew she had to.

Dean was hardly one for optimism but what the hell else was he supposed to do.

He ran both hands through his hair, wearing a hole through the floor slowly but surely.

He turned on the line he had made for the umpteenth time and jumped out of his skin. Dean wasn’t a big fan of how angels tended to make an appearance.

“Cas, what are you doing?” He breathed out, recovering from the spook. “You’re bleeding.”

The angel looked serious as usual, but under lied a hint of fear, of rush. Deep red blood ran down his hand and dripped onto the floor.

“Getting you out of here.”

He grabbed Dean by the collar and pulled him to the wall. Castiel smeared his bloody hand across the wall deliberately; making a symbol Dean didn’t know or understand. He was only vaguely aware of Zachariah in the back round screaming bloody murder before Cas slammed his hand on the wall. Dean was then encompassed in the familiar white light and found himself fading away from his gilded cage.

They crouched behind Liz’s car; Bobby, Ava and Liz. Bobby and Ava holding shot guns, Liz with her hand shoved in her side bag. The stars were no where to be seen, if there was ever a darker dark they hadn’t seen it. The only thing standing out it the blackness was the cool white of the church walls.

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Liz whispered.

“There’s Ruby’s car.” Ava pointed.

“Right time, 5 till midnight.” Bobby commented. “We should move.”

“Yeah we should. We only get one chance at this.” A voice spoke behind them. The trio turned to see the serious face of Dean Winchester.

They all sighed in relief.

“Dean.” Liz breathed out, standing to wrap her arms around him.

“Yeah, don’t worry about rescuing me or anything I was fine.” He teased.

She rolled her eyes. “Not like we got bigger fish to fry. You’re a big boy.” Liz grabbed him with both hands by the collar and crushed her lips to his quickly but fiercely.

“Yes I am.” Dean grinned when Liz released him and crouched down by her Mustang again.

Ava and Bobby stared at the two with wide eyes. Ava soon broke out in a huge grin.

“Hah! Pay up, Bobby!”

“Little busy right now.” Bobby grumbled.

“He’s right. We need to get in there. Let’s move.” Dean motioned, pulling Ruby’s knife from his pocket.

They walked in a line toward the entrance, their weapons drawn. The door to the church creaked open, revealing a hallway littered in human bodies lying unconscious. They turned the corner to reveal open double doors, Ruby standing in front of them, smiling. Sam and Lilith stood in the room beyond, Lilith with a strained expression on her face.

They broke out into a run as Ruby closed the doors. When they reached them they tried to push them open but they wouldn’t budge.

“Fuck!” Dean pounded against the door.

“SAM!!!” Liz shouted. “SAM!!!!”

“The hell with this.” Ava’s face turned red. Her hands shook with energy. “Get the fuck outta the way.”

Bobby, Liz and Dean did as she suggested and Ava unleashed a blast against the door that shook the entire foundation of the church. There were giant holes missing from the door but it still stood. Liz finally caught on and joined the blonde, grabbing her hand and joining their powers.

“On three. One, two, three.” Liz chanted and they tried again. This time the door flew back, crashing into pieces on the far wall.
“SAM!”

Ava was the first in, screaming and running toward Sam. Her voice was enough to break him out of his trance.

“Ava?!” Sam said with surprise. His face was a sickly pale, his eyes so dark they were practically black. Ava stopped in her tracks at the sight of him.

She turned toward Ruby with a menacing glare. “Get the fuck away from him you stupid bitch!” Ava screamed, unleashing a blast at Ruby that made the slightly taller brunette slam back with a bang.

Ava ran to Sam who caught her and hugged her to him.

But no sooner had she reached him that she was flying back into the wall. She landed with a thump on it and did not slide down.

“Ava…” Sam breathed out.

Ava looked down at her stomach, an offending object prodding out of it and no doubt preventing her from falling. Her blood felt hot around her hands, she tried to somehow move, but the room was spinning.

“No!” Sam screamed out, glaring at Ruby who stood holding her hands out, glaring at Ava.

“No one will ruin this!” Ruby bit out. Sam turned to work with Dean, grabbing Ruby and shoving her back toward his brother.

“Says you, you heinous bitch.” Dean grabbed her shoulder and plunged her own knife deep into her gut, pushing further even when it was in to the hilt.

She coughed out it pain, sparks crossing her skin. Ruby crumpled to the ground, her body lifeless. Dean allowed the knife to slide from her stomach, and he clutched the offending weapon.

As they had entered Lilith had immediately spotted Liz, throwing her into a row of pews. The girl landed with a crash as Bobby raised his shot gun and shot the demon in the leg. Lilith scowled in pain, waving her hand at Bobby sending him in the same direction. Bobby landed hard, and on his head with a crack and didn’t rise, but it was enough to give Liz the time she needed. She ran toward Lilith, kicking her in the face.

Lilith fell to the ground laughing.

“Sam will kill me anyway. You’re too late.”

“Wrong.” Liz bit out.

“You won’t break the rules. You don’t want to be a demon like me, do you?” The blonde laughed.

“I kill you and the deals off, remember?”

Lilith kicked Liz’s legs out from under her. Liz flipped back up but Lilith was ready for it, back handing her across the face and shoving her across the room. With one wave she flew up onto the ceiling and then back to the floor. Liz rose and threw Lilith with her powers, she toppled head over heels over the altar.

Lilith simply smiled. “You’re not strong enough sweetie. You never have been.”

Liz screamed, running at full force toward the demon who had tortured her for so long. With one hand she pinned Lilith by the neck against the tapestry on the wall, with her right she pulled the wooden stake from her bag and plunged it deep into the demons heart.

The world became silent.

Liz stared into Lilith’s cold eyes, making sure she remembered the pain and the surprise in them.

“Wrong again.” Liz wheezed out. The stake burned Liz’s hand, but she wouldn’t let go until Lilith was back in hell where she belonged.

Lilith fought to find words, but could not form them. Instead she only glanced down at the overgrown splinter that was digging into her heart and smiled.

She coughed out a small chuckle before her eyes rolled back in her head. Her body erupted then in a brilliant light. Liz was thrown back and away from the force. She collided with the floor and shielded her eyes from the fireworks being made of Lilith’s meat suit. Dean ran to her and picked her off the floor, turning her head into his chest and lowering his own head. The light soon dissipated and the room was light by only the remaining candles.

Liz and Dean breathed out simultaneously.

She was dead.
fourrightchords
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch28- 4/20

Hi! I'm gonna make this quick because Glee is on.

thanks everyone for all the replies and the reads. :) Just so you know, these are the last three chapters!

hope you like!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

In the quiet hush the church had once again fallen into, Liz could vaguely hear the sound of Bobby groaning and slowly returning to consciousness.

“Liz…help…” Sam cried out.

Liz could hear the fear in Sam’s voice, she turned to see Ava cradled in Sam’s arms, her own hands pressed to her stomach where blood was pouring out.

“No….no no no…Ava!” Liz ran to Sam and fell to the ground. “Move!” She shouted at Sam who jumped up.

“Ava…ava wake up!” Liz slapped lightly at the blonde’s face. “Come ON WAKE UP DAMMIT!”

Ava groaned. “I’m still here…” She said quietly.

“Look at me.” Liz demanded and held her hand over Ava’s wound. Her hand glowed brightly for a minute but then faded, Liz’s brow was covered in sweat.

Ava coughed out a laugh. “You can’t heal, Parker…what are you doing?”

“I can do it…I can…I have to.”

“No you can’t. Not this. Not this time.” Ava sighed, smiling at the brunette.

“Hey!” Liz protested. “Don’t fucking do that.” Liz wiped the tears from Ava’s eyes. “Don’t fucking give up.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Ava rolled her eyes. Liz didn’t want to admit it, but she knew Ava was right. Liz couldn’t heal. Not like…

“Can’t we take her to a hospital?” Sam pleaded.

“No Sam, she’s an alien…Dean, get my phone, call Max! We’ll meet them…Ava can you hold on until Max gets here?” Liz asked.

“I don’t know Parker…You know this kind of sucks. Remind me never to get impaled on anything again.” Ava joked.

“You can do it I know you can. Sam, keep pressure on the wound.” Liz got up, walked to Dean who was on the phone.

“He says he’ll hurry.” Dean said, hanging up the phone.

“We need to move her…get her somewhere safe. We uh need to get a transfusion kit…we can take my blood and give it to her. I think that would work, at least until Max got here.”

“It’ll take him at least a day to get here if he drives non-stop.” Dean reasoned.

“So we keep her breathing and alive for one day. 24 hours. We can do that. We have to do that.” Sam pleaded from his spot with Ava on the floor.

“Okay.” Dean nodded, pulling Liz to him, shielding her with his body. “Bobby, you alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine, just a bump on the head.” Bobby groaned.

“Help me break this pew, make a stretcher. Sam, get Ruby’s keys. You and Bobby will take Ava back to the hotel in Ruby’s Car. Me and Liz will go to the hospital and steal stuff for the transfusion. We’ll meet you back at the hotel in 30.”

Bobby and Dean kicked at the wooden backing of the pew while Liz helped Sam steady Ava. Once the boys had gotten the chunk of wood they needed, they laid it next to Ava’s ever cooling body.

“Keep her warm. Keep pressure on the wound.” Liz said firmly as the boys lifted her onto the makeshift stretcher. She clutched at Sam’s shirt and stared desperately into his eyes “Sam…do not let her die.”

Sam shook his head, while grabbing one end of the board. Dean picked up the other and Bobby ran ahead to open the door to Ruby’s car. “I wont…I promise. I wont let her die.”

“Okay.” Liz ran back over to her car and got in the passenger’s seat, starting the engine. Dean jogged over as soon as Ava was safely in the car, got into the drivers seat and put pedal to the floor.

They had no time and a day to waste.

The Mustang pulled into the motel with a screech. Dean parked the car and the two immediately began pulling supplies from the back seat. Running with their arms full, the knocked on the door to have Bobby answer it.

The room was dark, Bobby looked tired and nervous. Sam sat by Ava who was lying on the bed, her shirt raised up to expose her stomach and the white sheets the boys had shoved against it. There was a murky red staining the sheet, Sam’s hand diligently pressing it as stiffly as he could without causing the girl too much pain.

“The bleedings slowed a bit, but not much. If we could take her to a hospital she’d be right but for now… She’s lost a lot of blood.” Bobby explained.

Ava’s face was ghastly white with almost a sick green tinge to it. Her eyes were open but just barely.

“Alright.” Liz lifted her sleeve up to her elbow while Bobby set up the transfusion kit. “Let’s get this done.”

Bobby pricked her arm and started drawing the blood while Dean and Sam set up Ava on an IV.

“How do you know what to do?” Liz asked Bobby as she watched her deep red blood drip into a bag.

“Honey, you do work like we do, you better know your way around a hospital.” He answered her.

“Well in any case, I appreciate it.” Liz said, sitting back in the chair clenching her fist and then opening it.

“Don’t go getting all soft on me now. No ones better yet.” Bobby nodded.

After a good 30 minutes Liz had filled two bags. She wanted to go for more but Dean said no. She’d needed a hot meal and a bit of rest and then she could do more. They hooked the bags up to Ava while Bobby and Dean left for food. Liz hadn’t been able to leave the chair without falling so Dean had carried her over to the bed and sat her up before leaving. Sam hadn’t left Ava’s side since they’d laid her down in the hotel bed. He clutched at her hand tightly, as if afraid she would disappear. His eyes were rimmed with red.

“I’m so sorry.”

Liz didn’t answer him.

“I never meant…I didn’t know.”

“Yeah Sam, we know.” Liz said quietly.

He blew out hard. “If she doesn’t make it….”

“If she doesn’t make it I’ll kick your ass.” Liz interrupted. “But she will make it.”

“Yeah” Sam nodded.

“You know, you got issue’s Sam.” Liz started. “I know you had the best intentions but you were way off. Now, I’m not saying your brother’s perfect and I know there’s probably a world full of baggage that I haven’t even heard of…but you two are all each other’s got. I don’t know when you stopped believing in him or when he stopped trusting you but you guys need each other. So figure it out.”

Sam stayed silent. Looking only at Ava’s sleeping body.

“She loved you.” Liz said. “She has a hard time trusting people. But she did you. It didn’t make sense to me. You are not even close to her type. But Ava…when she wants what she wants she gets it.”

“I’ve never had a choice. My entire life I’ve had to do what I was told…I never got to choose where to live, what to do. The one time I got out…” Sam whispered, his voice shaking lightly. “The one time…and it was all taken away from me. Jess was taken away from me. I…I know I was an ass but I do love her. I love Ava. And it scared me because I don’t know if I could take her being taken away from me too. I thought that…if I could do this, if I could finally be the one making the choices for my life that I could save us. That if I finally took control that…”

He stopped, his mouth forming a tight line.

“What does it even matter.” Sam laughed bitterly. “Even when I thought I was calling the shots I was still just somebody’s pawn. And now I’ve messed things up so badly…Ava will never…”

“Ava will forgive you.” Liz said. “She’ll give you hell for a while. But she cares. She pretends to be a hard ass, but I was always the one with the walls up.”

“I don’t care about any of that. I just want her to be okay.”

Liz nodded. Her phone began playing a tune, she reached down from the bed to fish it out of her bag.

“Hello?”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Maria.”

“How’s Ava?”

“Not so good.” Liz answered. “But she’s hanging in there. Just wish Max would get here.”

“He and Michael left as soon as Dean called. They’re gonna take turns driving so they drive straight there. What the hell happened?” Maria asked.

“Its over. We killed her, I killed her…the rest is just details.” Liz said tiredly.

“You don’t sound okay.” Maria mothered. “Are you…you? I should’ve gone with the boys.”

“I’m me and I’m fine. Just a little bruised and tired. And Besides, you got kids and stuff to look after.”

“That I do. Kids who have been hearing all about their Aunty Liz and really want to meet her so you better keep your ass safe and get over here sometime soon, alright? I mean it.”

“Sure Ria. When things calm down we’ll stop by.” Liz promised.

“So…you bone the hunk yet?” Maria added with amusement in her voice.

“Nice Ria.” Liz scoffed.

“Hah! I knew it. Michael owes me money.” Maria laughed.

“You know, it should surprise and appall me that my friends are betting on my love life, but really…it doesn’t.” Liz answered with a sigh.

“I knew you two would get together. When did it happen?”

“Like two days ago and its not…nothings cemented, so don’t go squealing like a fangirl just yet.” Liz answered. “Anyway. I should go.”

“Oh, wait Liz…don’t go yet!” Maria said suddenly. “I have…someone that wants to say hi.”

“What? Maria who…”

“Hey.” A nervous voice spoke from the other end of the phone.

“Alex…” Liz said breathlessly.

“Yeah. Uh…how’s…how’s Ava?”

“She’s uh…hanging in there. How…how are you?”

“Uh. Hanging in there I guess.” Alex answered. The line went silent for a moment. Liz simply listened to the other end, Alex’s nervous breathing.

“Look…I wanted to say…um. I’m sorry for the things I said. It was wrong and I’m sorry.” Alex apologized.

“Its alright, Alex. It was understandable.” Liz said calmly.

“No, it wasn’t okay. I was…Look, the truth is I took the guilt that I felt out on you. It was my life you traded yours for. You were trying to save me. If I had never…”

“You never asked to die, Alex.” Liz interrupted.

“I know that. I still haven’t talked to Tess since…that day. I know I told her that I forgave her and… I did, I do…when her actions only hurt me. When I knew that they hurt you too...I just. They explained what was going on. I-Isabel dying wasn’t your fault and I know that. I just wish…I wish no one had to go through any of that. I wish I could’ve stopped you back then…you would have never gone through any of that…Isabel would be here still.” Alex explained.

“I don’t. I still would’ve done the same thing if given the chance. You’re meant to be in this world Alex I know it. I’m so sorry about Isabel, and I’d understand if you didn’t want to speak to me again.” Liz said sadly.

“No…”Alex’s voice finally broke. “Liz…I missed you so much when you died. You and Maria were my family way before Isabel was. You’re like a sister to me and I didn’t protect you like I should have and I’m sorry for that. I don’t want to go through life not knowing you, I don’t want my girls to not know who you are. There’s a reason my first born is named after you. It was Isabel’s idea and if she…if she were here she would want you to be in their lives. To be in mine. I was just so consumed by…I just forgot that for a while.” He sniffed.

Liz didn’t think it was possible for her to cry any more that day, but she touched her face and her cheeks were wet. “I miss you, Alex…I just want us to be okay again.”

“We will be.” He assured her. “Uhm. Maria says that you can visit soon?”

“Yeah.” Liz nodded. “Uh…when things calm down and we get everything figured out. I’ll come by. We can talk.”

“I’m holding you to that.”

“Okay Alex.” Liz smiled.

“Okay. Stay safe. I’ll see you soon. Bye Liz.” Alex ended the conversation.

“Goodbye Alex.” Liz closed the phone reluctantly. She ignored Sam’s gaze as she wiped her face with her sleeve.

It was awkward quiet in the room for a couple of minutes.

“So.” Sam spoke. “You and Dean, huh?”

Liz rolled her eyes. “Not you, too.”

Sam grinned. “I think it’s cool.”

“Whatever.”

The front door opened and Dean and Bobby walked in with white take out bags.

“Food’s here. I got Gatorade for you, too.” Dean said, placing the bags on the table. “Hey…what’s wrong?” He said, noticing Liz’s red eyes.

“Oh…nothing.” She assured him offering a small smile. He brought her take out bag and a blue Gatorade bottle, then sat next to her on the bed and allowed her to rest against him.

“Get some food, kid. And some sleep. Your brother and I got first watch.” Bobby tapped Sam on the shoulder and pulled a chair to Ava’s bed side.

Sam was going to protest but his body was exhausted. “Yeah…alright. Wake me in three hours or if anything happens?”

“You got it.”
fourrightchords
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Good Intentions (SN XO, D/L, Mature) Ch 29-END!

Uh. I'm really rude for not keeping up. No excuses, just writers block. Sooooo here's the rest of the story! What a fantastic ride its been with you guys. I can tell you I'm working on more stuff...none of it is CLOSE to done yet, but I'll work dilligently.

I cant thank you guys enough for how sweet you've all been to me. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading this, and terribly sorry for making you wait!

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Time ticked by at a painful rate. Liz drew blood a couple more times, but Ava had an entirely different blood type, even with Liz’s changes. They could only wait while Ava lay dying in the bed. Sam had kept to his resolve and hadn’t left Ava’s side. Liz took comfort in Dean and he was doting on her, making sure she stayed rested and fed. Bobby lent silent support, lending in when either of the boys needed rest. Once Max and Michael arrived, Bobby planned to leave. Too many people in such an itty bitty hotel room.

Finally, after 26 hours, 43 minutes and 51 seconds Max’s Chevelle pulled into the lot and he and Michael rushed to the door.

“Hey, she’s over here.” Sam said, leading Max over to Ava.

“Thank God you guys are here.” Liz said sleepily. Michael and Max smiled and nodded.

“She’s sleeping, she’s gotta be awake.” Max said quietly, leaning over Ava’s body.

“Ava, baby? Wake up, honey Max is here. Ava…” Sam gently stroked Ava’s face, but she didn’t move.

“Come on Aves, please honey you gotta wake up…” he pleaded.

“I’ll be outside.” Bobby said quickly.

“Oh hell.” Liz spoke. “Move, Sam. Ava! You promised, now wake the fuck up!” she tapped on Ava’s face and shook her shoulders.

“AVA!” Liz shouted.

“We too late?” Michael wondered aloud.

“NO!” Everyone shouted.

“Ava! Wake up! WAKE UP!” Liz shouted.

“Mmm..whhh” Ava finally murmured.

“Open your eyes and look at me.” Max asked gently. After a couple of minutes Ava’s eyes blinked open and she met Max’s gaze.

Max took a breath and then concentrated. A warm glow emitted from his palm and after a short time he stopped and pulled away.

“She’ll be okay.” He said.

“Yeah” Ava piped up. Her color had returned and the scar disappeared. All that remained was a sleepy gaze. “She’ll be okay. So ya’ll can stop wiggin out and chill. Alright?”

Liz laughed, and leaned over the bed to plant a kiss on Ava’s head. Sam breathed a sigh of relief and buried his head in the comforter next to Ava. She reached out and ran a hand through his hair.

“You alright?” She asked.

He laughed. “Yeah. You’re alright, I’m alright.”

“Glad you’re okay, Blondie.” Dean smiled, throwing an arm around Liz.

“Thanks for looking out for my girl.” Ava nodded toward Liz.

Dean glanced over into Liz’s eyes. “Anytime.” He smiled.

“Thanks Max.” Ava said honestly. “Not to get all gushy, but you saved my ass, so thanks.”

“Yeah. Of course.” Max scratched behind his ear sheepishly.

“Alright, if that’s all, we gotta get on the road.” Michael said.

“You guys can stay…we’ll spring for your room so you can get some rest.” Liz offered.

“Thanks, but we really should get home. We’ve both got work and Tess is alone with the baby, so…” Max led.

“Right. Okay, I’ll walk you guys out.” Liz stepped out from under Dean’s arm and followed the boys out.

Bobby walked back in as they left. “Well you’re better, so…if you guys don’t need me I’m gonna head out.”

Ava sat up slowly and smiled. “Aww Bobby…you waited to see if I was okay? You DO care!”

Bobby didn’t smile. “Yeah yeah. Glad you’re alright, kid.” He grabbed his bag and walked out.

“Bye Bobby! I’ll miss you!” Ava called after him.

“You should get some sleep.” Sam tucked the covers around Ava.

“Yeah I’m kinda wiped.” Ava yawned.

“Do…uh…do you mind if I…” Sam motioned at the space of bed next to her.

Ava rolled her eyes and pulled the covers back. “Get in, Sammy.”

Sam smiled before kicking off his shoes and jumping in.

“Don’t think this doesn’t mean we’re not going to have a lengthy lengthy talk tomorrow. You are on a huge shit list right now Sam Winchester.” Ava scolded.

“I’ll go get Liz.” Dean said, leaving the couple to talk.

“Thanks again, you guys, for coming down.” Liz tucked her arms together to hide herself from the cool air.

“Yeah, of course. So, do we need to be on our toes for any more calls, or…”

Liz shook her head. “Its over.”

“You’re sure?” Max asked cautiously. They’d become used to not having to worry about other wordly influence in their lives, so when Liz returned and with her came drama they were all on edge once again.

“Yes. At least, for you guys.” Liz shrugged.

“You know, you could come back with us. Settle down. Maria’d love to have you close.” Michael offered.

Liz smiled. “I think it’s too late for me…to have any of that. I’m in this now…I can’t know what I know and just walk away.”

Michael nodded, getting into the drivers seat and warming the car.

“So.” Max said, sticking his hands deep in his pockets.

“Yeah.” Liz nodded.

“You and Dean.”

“Uh…yeah. I mean, kind of. I mean…it’s still new, so I don’t want to…you know” Liz said, her face feeling hotter by the minute.

Max shrugged. “He looks like he’s in it.”

“Yeah?”

He nodded. “I’ve seen that look before. It was the same face I saw in the mirror for 12 years.”

Liz laughed. “How’s…everything back home? My parents?”

“Maria checks in on them a lot. Christmas and Holiday’s. She says it’s hard for them, but they’re dealing. Do you think you’ll—.”

“They can’t know I’m alive, Max.” Liz interrupted. “It’s not safe for them. I don’t want them to be in this world. Its better this way.”

“I understand.” Max nodded. “Well. Anyway. Glad everything’s okay.”

“Everything will be just fine. Thanks again.” Liz smiled, shutting the car door for Max as he got in.

Dean was waiting as Liz walked back toward the room. He pulled her close and kissed her head. Liz pressed her nose to Dean’s neck and breathed in deep.

“Let’s go to sleep.”

Chapter Thirty

“They say we’re young and we don’t know we won’t find out until we grow…Well I don’t know if all that’s true. Cause you got me and baby I got you.”

“What are you watching?” Liz rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

“Did you know you can get a 5 disc Sonny and Cher cd and dvd set for Thirteen ninety-nine.” Dean turned his head and grinned at her. He was lying on his stomach facing the television.

“Great for both Christmas and upcoming birthday’s.” Liz teased, stealing the remote from Dean’s hand and turning the TV. She looked around at an empty room. Jumping on Dean’s back, she lay flush against him, her arms wrapped under him, her cheek against his shoulder blade. “Where are Ava and Sam?”

“She dragged him out early. Said they needed to talk.”

“Oooo.”

“Yup. Little brother is in for an ass whoopin.”

Liz rolled off of Dean. He covered her with one arm and began to play with her hair.

“So…what’s the plan? Now that you’re a free woman.” Dean asked.

Liz shrugged. “I told Maria I’d eventually come visit. Other than that…nothing in my immediate future.”

“Mmm.” Dean pursed his lips.

“What?”

“That Max guy always looks at you funny.”

“He looks at me funny?” Liz raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah. Well, more like…stares at you. Constantly.”

Liz laughed. “Are you jealous of my ex-boyfriend? The one with the wife and the new kid?”

“I don’t get jealous.” Dean scowled.

“No? What was it… ‘I’ll rock your face’—.” Liz laughed heartily.

“Ah ha ha. Funny.” Dean smiled.

“You shouldn’t be worried about Max in the least. Its literally ancient history and besides I would touch anything that Tess has touched with a 45 foot pole.” Liz cringed.

“Good choice.” Dean nodded.

“So. You got any plans?”

“Me? No.” Dean answered. “You know…uh…you could. I mean, its nice having…its been good with…”

“Anytime today, Dean.” Liz teased.

He stared at her seriously. “I like having you with me.”

“I like being with you.” She smiled shyly.

“Good. That’s good.” He nodded.

“But.”

“But.”

“What do we do if Ava and Sam can’t work it out?” Liz brought up the question that neither of them wanted to answer.

“Sam’s a big boy. He can handle himself.” Dean said bitterly.

“You know, you gotta talk to him eventually.”

“No I don’t.”

Liz rolled her eyes and sat up. “Yes you do. He’s your brother. You love each other.”

“You’re always saying that.” Dean held a palm over his eyes which Liz removed.

“That’s cause its true.” She smiled down at him.

“Look, Sam and I’ll be fine. I’ll talk to him…when I talk to him.” Dean assured.

“Yeah, but…if Ava wants to leave…I have to go with her. As much as I want to stay with you…I owe Ava, you know?”

Dean nodded. “I know. Look, if Ava wants to leave…we’ll figure it out, okay?”

“Okay.” Liz nodded.

“You know, for now, though. We could…I don’t know…enjoy the spoils of a victory in this very very empty hotel room.” Dean pulled Liz on top of him and slid his hands up her shirt.

“You know, I like the way you think, Dean Winchester.”

The clock hit 12 before they knew it. Check out time. Liz finished putting hers and Ava’s things away in her bag on one bed. Dean had his and Sam’s on another. Sam and Ava hadn’t returned from their talk yet, So Liz and Dean sat across from each other waiting for them to return.

As if on cue the pair walked quietly back into their room. Sam and Ava walked toward their respective family members. They all stared at one another for a while, neither wanting to make the first move.

Sam spoke up first.

“So…uh…we should go get your car I guess.” He said to Dean.

Dean’s eyes shot to Liz’s, who looked and him equally as intently.

“Yeah. Alright. You get the gear downstairs. I’ll check us out.” Neither of the two left each other’s gaze until finally Dean pulled away and walked out the door.

Liz exhaled deeply. She couldn’t show that she was upset. She wanted to be supportive of Ava.

“So! Guess we should get out of here too, huh?” She grinned at Ava who smirked knowingly at her.

“Don’t you want to know what happened?” Ava asked.

“Uh yeah. Sure if you want to tell me.” Liz nodded, grabbing her bag and dragging it down the stairs.

“Well. I can forgive him, I love him. But…I can’t trust him.” Ava stated quietly. The two looked over at Sam who was twenty feet away talking on his cell.

“Yeah.” Liz nodded, throwing her bag in the car. “No, absolutely.”

“So…you’re okay with that?”

“Yeah, Ave. I’m with you no matter what you know that.” Liz smiled and put her arm around the blonde girl. Ava smiled back at Liz.

“So.” Dean spoke, having returned from the office. “We’re all checked out.” He came to stand directly in front of Liz.

“Oh, okay.” Liz nodded, smiling at Dean sadly.

“So.”

“So…”

“Hey,” Sam interrupted. “That was a friend of Dad’s. Says he’s got a vampire nest outside of his town that’s getting a little rowdy he could use some help.”

“Alright.” Dean nodded.

Dean turned to look at Liz one more time. She grabbed the opening on his leather jacket and smiled up at him. He smiled back, but neither of them had any joy in their eyes.

“Well then. What are we waiting for. Let’s go bag us some Vamps.” Ava smiled from her seat on the trunk.

Sam smiled widely back at her as she hopped off.

Liz whipped her head over at Ava. “Wait…what?” She grabbed Ava’s arm and pulled her close.

“I said I didn’t trust him. Not that I couldn’t learn to again.” Ava said quietly. “We’re gonna work on it.”

“So this means…”

“Yeah we’re going with them. Why should we let them run off and have all the fun?!” Ava laughed and swatted Liz on the back side. “Now drive baby…we’ve got mileage to cover.” She winked at Dean as she passed him on her way to the passenger’s seat.

“We’ll follow you to Dean’s car. After we dump that thing” Ava indicated Ruby’s classic. “I’d like to personally set fire to it, if you don’t mind.” She quipped with a slow southern drawl before getting in and shutting her door.

Dean walked to Liz in disbelief. “I guess I’ll see you in a couple of hours.” He smiled a full smile.

Liz’s face matched his. She threw her arms around him and kissed him. Dean wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her into the air.

When he finally released her, she was laughing. “You know,” She said seriously.

“I’ve never killed a Vampire before.”

The End