Pet Peeves

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Re: Pet Peeves

Post by Hunter »

April wrote:
girl afraid wrote: A couple of guys thought it would be a good idea to 'slap' a girl's face with their penises. They got booted off the show and as Rowedog said, it created an almighty shitstorm in the Australian media.
Oh my god, that's such a violation. That's disgusting.

My personal favorite reality show is So You Think You Can Dance! Survivor is really hit-and-miss for me. Sometimes I feel like it has a great season, and then it has a horrible season. I hope this upcoming season's good. Then there's The Amazing Race, which is, like, consistently entertaining.

Ew that is disgusting.

Urgh, I'm so happy I no longer have to hear Davina Mccall shouting her face off anymore. Big brother is like so in your face in the UK. I think I prefer X factor over it.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Hunter wrote:Urgh, I'm so happy I no longer have to hear Davina Mccall shouting her face off anymore. Big brother is like so in your face in the UK. I think I prefer X factor over it.
Definitely prefer X Factor! Although I'm not sure I like this new 'Britain's Got Talent'-style audience for the auditions this year - we hardly get to see any of the singers now because they pad it out with a load of other stuff instead of just showing the auditions.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

When someone doesn't say 'thank you' when you do something you don't have to do.

It's a simple thing, yes, but not saying it drives me bonkers. Not to mention it's rude.

What brought this on was my brother. Now for some reason my parents were never as deligent with him as they were with me when it came to saying thank you to a person. If I didn't say thank you I'd be reminded right then and there. However my brother doesn't say thank you and it's rarely mentioned unless I say it for him. Whenever he gets presents for birthdays or X-mas about half the time he doesn't say thank you. Now that's partially my fault for saying it for him but our parents should have reminding him as they did me.

About six months ago Miles (brother) was sick so I did his chores for him. Mostly that consisted of doing his night to do the dishes. Not once did he say thank you and it took me mentioning it to Mom or Dad (can't remember which one) that I was upset about Miles's attitude toward me doing the dishes for him. So finally after nearly two weeks of me doing his chores he says thank you.

Now today he's sick again. I'm kind of going back and forth on whether to offer to do his chores for him again. I decide to and tell him to not do the dishes, I'll do them for him. All he says is ok and I'm going to watch TV. That kind of attitude just ticks me off.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

My boyfriend played video games while I cleaned the room (and the bunny area) around him. And didn't help me.

I wanted to hit him with the vacuum.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

RiceKrispy wrote:My boyfriend played video games while I cleaned the room (and the bunny area) around him. And didn't help me.

I wanted to hit him with the vacuum.
I can relate to that. Dad and Miles (brother) hardly ever clean even when it's their friends coming over. In fact they're the ones that cause most of the mess but Mom and I clean it up. It sucks. The only time I've seen Dad or Miles cleaning without me and Mom prompting them is when one or both of us are sick. :roll:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

I hate it when people cut through my yard to get to the other side sooner. We have a corner lot so this happened a lot. About seven years ago we put in a fence so it would cut down on people cutting through. Well today some sh*t bird walked into my driveway and started walking through my yard. I'm very terroritoral when it comes to my home, I don't like it when someone I don't know is traisping around the property. Now we've had this happen before and it was someone trying to either steal our security camera or break in at 6:30 in the morning. And the guy walking around the yard today was carrying tools so I don't know what to think. Whether he's walking through or trying to do something to the property he's not supposed to be there.

If there is a fence there that clearly means stay the hell out. What is so difficult to understand? And thanks to the trespasser I am now trying to relax after a huge adrenaline dump.
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

My last date....which was two years ago :oops: ......I thought had gone okay....now I'll admit I'm a tad on the boring side.I mean my favorite thing to do is either buy a huge book and sit at home and read it all night or come here to read the fanfiction.So I'm not what you might call Mr.Wild and Crazy Guy. :roll:

But anyway like I said I thought the blind date had gone okay.I walked the girl to her car and asked her if she would like to go out again....she said yes.But when I called her to try and set up the next date all I got was the answering machine.I left a message...no call back...I called again,once again she didn't pick up but this time not even the machine did either.So after a few calls with no one picking up nor her calling I came to the conclusion I was getting the brush off.

So I have to ask this of you women....if she didn't want to go out again....WHY didn't she just tell me so that night? And why did she lie to me? For me I'd have rather her told me the truth that she wasn't in to me instead of lying like that and wasting my time. :roll:
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

This may not be the place, but I'm not loving the new themes on this board. I especially don't like the way the username and avi's are on the right hand side.
RiceKrispy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RiceKrispy »

I hate when my bunny pees on the bed after I've said he's done such a great job not peeing on the bed.

We've gotta get that boy neutered. The rest of the bunnies never do it.
Life is only as good as the memories we make.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I hate it when professors nitpick things on your paper. Like contractions. So I use words like "I've" and "I'm" and "that's" and "can't." So what? They're perfectly acceptable words in the English language, and I'm not using them improperly. Contractions don't detract from my writing, Mister. They add voice and authenticity to my writing.

Oh, I'm glad I got that off my chest. :lol:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.