Catching A Star (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 70&Epilogue 3/7/17 Complete

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Catching A Star (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 60 2/25/17

Post by Roswelllostcause »

L-J-L 76 Yes Liz is going to read for Tom Hanks. We find out how things go with Max and the Parkers here.

Natalie35 Yes Zan is getting pay back!

Carolyn Michael's comment was great. But he knows the Parkers pretty well.

Part 61

Max walked into the Parker's apartment and was given a hug by Liz's mother. Her father simply shook his hand.

"Max what bring you here without my daughter?" Asked Jeff
"Well sir I will get right to it. I love Liz very much. I have been happier since meeting her than I have ever been in my life." Said Max
"When we saw you two together for her birthday we saw a light that had been missing from them for a long time." Said Nancy
"I hope to keep that light in them. The only way I can think of making her that happy is to marry her. So I would like your permission to ask Liz to be my wife. I want to marry her. While I know you can't stop her from marrying me if that is what she wants. I would feel better about asking her if you approve of me doing this." Said Max

Jeff looked at Nancy and smiled. This was just the kind of man they wanted for their only daughter.

"Max, if Liz is willing to take you as her husband then you will not only have our permission but blessing as well." Said Jeff
"Thank you sir."
"Welcome to the family Max." Said Nancy hugging him again.
"Well Mrs. Parker there is one thing you could do for me." Said Max
"It's Nancy and what is that?"
"Well you see Liz has had dinner with my family a few times. My mom has gotten her alone and told her a few things about me as a child and shown her pictures I would rather not be shown."
"I think I know what you are getting at. Come sit down and I will get the photo album."

Jeff just chuckled and headed down to the Crashdown.

Liz sat in the cafe with Stephanie drinking ice tea.

"So where is that man of yours?" Asked Steph
"I don't know. He just said he had to take care of something out of town for a couple days."
"You worried?"
"No I trust Max."
"Liz, then what is bothering you?"
"Nothing."
"Yeah right."
"Steph, I just think that he is planing something."
"Like what?"
"I think he wants to marry me."
"Would that be a bad thing?"
"No that is the thing. I want to marry him. I want to have a family with him."
"Then what is the problem?"
"I haven't known him a year."
"Liz if you and Max are meant to be it doesn't matter how long you have known each other. Liz, I have seen you with Max. I have to say that you have that forever kind of love."
"You really think so?"
"Tell me something Liz. Until you met Max did you ever even think about having sex with anyone?"
"No. By the way Max and I don't have sex. We make love."
"See that is what I mean. You can't just have sex. You can only make love. I have never made love. I have just had sex. I liked Jackson but it wasn't love. Not the kind you have with Max anyway."
"You will find it when the time is right."
"Liz, you know I am really glad that we renewed our friendship."
"Me too Steph."

They spent the rest of the day talking and just enjoying being around each other.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Catching A Star (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 61 2/26/17

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So glad the Parkers gave Max their blessing. Can't believe Max wanted to know Liz's kids story.
So glad that Liz has Stephanie to talk to.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Love that Mrs. Parker is pulling out the scrapbooks to show Max.
Now they will be even on the stories they would rather not have been told.
Can't wait for Max to pop the question.
Thanks, Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Yes the Parker's gave Max their blessing for him to marry Liz.

Carolyn Of course Nancy pulled out the scapebooks to tell Max stories about her little girl.

Part 62 Two weeks later

Liz watched as the movers carried the last of her things out of the apartment. Max wrapped his arms around her waist.

"So did you get the part in that movie?"
"Yeah I heard back yesterday. Filming begins at the beginning of June. It will be a lot of long hours."
"True but this is a big step forward for you."
"Max are you ever going to tell me where you went a couple weeks ago?"
"In time. But now isn't the right one."
"I should be upset that you are keeping secrets from me. But I am not."
"That's good. Liz, I promise I will tell you everything soon."
"I trust you."
"Good. What do you say we head to our new home?"
"I like that idea."

They exited the apartment Liz locking the door one last time. As they reached the stairs Jessica came up with her parents.

"Jessica!" Said Liz surprised
"Hi Liz, hi Max." Said Jessica
"When were you released?" Asked Liz
"Just today. I am glad that I didn't miss you."
"Yeah Max and I are moving into a house a few miles from here."
"I will miss both of you."
"Jessica, we want you to come visit."
"Really?"
"Really. Jess we care about you." Said Max
"I would like that."
"You really doing better Jess?" Asked Max
"Yes. I still have to go to therapy. But I no longer think about wanting to die."
"That is good." Said Liz
"Yeah. Liz, did you like the picture I drew for you?"
"I love it Jess. You have a talent. I already have it hanging in the living room of our new house." Said Liz
"Really?"
"Really. Once we are settled in you and your parents can come over for a barbeque." Said Liz
"That would be great!"

Liz hugged the younger girl. Max just smiled not sure if she was ready to be touched by him yet. Jessica cleared that thought up right away. By wrapping him in a hug.

"Max, I can never be afraid of you. You may look kind of like your cousin. But it's your warm heart I see." Said Jessica
"That's great Jess." Said Max kissing her on top of her head.

Max and Liz said goodbye and headed for their house.

Serena watched as Kyle swam in the ocean. She just sat on the beach watching him. While she could swim very well, there was something about the ocean that did scare her. She only went in if she had too. Most people thought it was odd for a southern California girl like herself to not like the ocean. If something happened to her in the ocean as a young child she will most likely never know. She hadn't seen or spoken to either of her parents since she left home. She knew she really should face them. But she just wasn't ready and wasn't sure if she would ever be. Kyle ran up to her on the beach dripping wet.

"You should come in. The water feels great."
"Kyle, you know I don't like going in the ocean."
"Rena, I understand that you are scared. But I won't leave your side."
"I don't know."
"I won't push you. But I promise when you are ready to face your fear I will be there for you."
"I know. That is one of the many reasons I love you."

Kyle smiled pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Catching A Star (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 62 2/27/17

Post by L-J-L 76 »

That is so great that Liz got the part in Tom Hanks movie. And it was really great to see Jessica got to go home. Love the way Jessica gave Max a hug. So wow Max and Liz are going to their new home on the beach. Poor Serena she is afraid of the beach thinking her parents had something to do with that. Love how Kyle is wanting to help Serena get over her fears of the beach.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Wonder what Max has planned since it has been several weeks after his visit to the Parkers??
It's good that they will still keep in touch with Jessica.
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Yes Max and Liz are moving into their new home. Serena is afraid of the ocean not the beach.

Carolyn We will know Max's plans very soon!

Part 63 Valentine's Day morning

Liz woke and was surprised to find Max's side of the bed empty except for a note and white rose. Liz opened the note and reached for her reading glasses.

~My darling,
Sorry I am not there with you this beautiful morning. But I will make it up to you tonight. Now get up take a shower and dress comfortable. Isabel is picking you up at ten. She has orders to take you shopping. You are to get something nice for tonight. Listen to my sister she has great taste in clothes. She also knows what I have planned for tonight. But don't even think of trying to get anything out of her. She won't tell. I know you hate surprises, but I want to keep your life filled with them. See you tonight. All my love. Max~

Liz pulled off her glasses and smiled. She then looked at the clock and headed to the bathroom. She had about an hour and half to get ready for whatever it was she would be doing with Max's sister besides shopping.

Just before ten the doorbell rang and Liz found a smiling Isabel standing there.

"Morning Liz." Said Isabel
"Morning Isabel."
"You a little disappointed that Max wasn't here this morning?"
"Yeah."
"Don't worry with what my brother has planned for tonight it will more than make up for it."
"No clues?"
"Nope. Just need to know two things. Will it be a problem if we get your hair trimmed like an inch or two?"
"No my hairdresser on the show has been threating to do it. Said that my ends may start splitting soon."
"Good. Two what about and manicure?"
"No I get them every couple months."
"Great!"
"Come on. By the way I love that sundress."
"Thanks. Other than shopping for something for tonight Max's note told me nothing."
"Well we will be going to the spa getting our hair and nails done."
"Sound fun."
"If you are ready then we can head out."

Liz grabbed her sunglasses and purse. She locked the door and followed Isabel to her Corvette convertible.

"Nice car."
"Thanks it was a graduation gift from my parents."
"That's cool. What did you study in college?"
"Early childhood education."
"A teacher?"
"Why is everyone always surprised by that?"
"Well you seem more like the type into fashion then teaching kids."
"I love kids. I hope to have a big family someday."
"With Alex maybe?"
"I really like him. He's sweet, kind, funny and like whorships the ground I walk on."
"He is a great guy. I love working with him."
"Really?"
"Oh yeah I always have fun on set with him."
"Like when they did Julia and Chris's birthday and you both ended covered in cake?"
"Yeah. That was really fun to film."
"Looked like it."

It only took two hours to find Liz the perfect outfit for the night. A burgundy red strapless dress, matching two strappy sandels with a two inch heel. As well as a pair of diamond tear drop earrings. Of course Liz was already wearing her locket. Then they headed for a small cafe and had a light lunch before heading to the spa. It was nearly six hours later they left with Isabel insisting that Liz wear her new dress and shoes. Isabel then headed for Beverly Hills and to one of the trendiest restaurant in all of LA.

"Isabel what are we doing here?" Asked Liz
"Just following orders. Max is waiting inside for you."

Liz's door opened and one of the doormen helped her out. Liz watched as Isabel drove off with a wave leaving Liz to enter alone. The door was opened and the hostest greeted her right away.

"Miss Parker please come with me. Your date is already here and waiting at the table."

Liz followed the woman to a table that was in an alcove away from prying eyes. Max stood when Liz aproched. He pulled out her chair and pushed her in. He placed a kiss on her cheek and took his seat across from her.

TBC

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Catching A Star (M/L, AU, Adult) Pt 63 2/28/17

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow that is so sweet what Max has planned for Liz. Love what Max did for Liz. Love how Isabel and Liz are getting along so well. So far love what Max has done for Liz so far. Can't wait to find out what else Max has planned for Liz.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

WOW........Max, with Isabel's help has planned a perfect day so far.
Maybe he is saving the best for last????
Thanks,
Carolyn
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

L-J-L 76 Well here is what else Max has planned for Liz.

Carolyn Of course he is saving the best for last!

Part 64

Serena smiled as she and Kyle slow danced. He had taken her out to dinner at a small restaurant right on Venice beach. It had not been the first time that they had come here. But it was a special place for both of them. It had been after a date here when they had been together about four months that they had made love for the first time. It was also that night Sererna had realized that she was falling in love for the first time. Kyle smiled at her as they danced. She just loved how they didn't always have to speak to tell each other how they felt.

"Rena?"
"Yeah Kyle?"
"You know that you are the most beautiful woman I have ever met."
"You really believe that don't you?"
"I wouldn't say it if I didn't think it was true."
"I still don't know how you can believe that. You have seen my scared body."
"Yes. But you got to remember everyone has scars. Not all of them are on the outside."
"Like Liz?"
"Yeah. Her's are on the inside. But they are healing. Rena, when I look at you I don't see the scars I see this wonderful woman who was betrayed by the people who were should have loved and protected her. I see a woman that is stronger than any I have ever met before. A woman that I am proud to one day call my wife and hopefully the mother of my children. I love you Serena Christina Turner."
"Love you Kyle James Valenti."

Kate and Sarah at eating dinner by candle light in their home. They had decided to have just a quiet Valentine's dinner at home rather than go out. Kate while she was happy in her relationship didn't want to expose Sarah to much to the press. It was only a couple of weeks ago that she had admitted to reporters that she was infact a lesbian and in a committed relationship. Ever since the press had been all over her wanting to find out more about her lover. Kate refused to tell them anything about Sarah other than they had been together nearly two years.

"Kate is it still bothering you that reporter from In Touch magazine did that story on you?"
"No. I am not ashamed of who I am, or of many relationship with you. I just feel that my personal life is no ones damn business but mine. I know you are not comfortable with being in the spotlight."
"Kate, I knew when I got involved with you that this was a risk I would take. None of this changes how I feel for you. I love you."
"Love you too."

They shared a kiss and finished their dinner.

Stephanie smiled as she looked around the bedroom in Liz and Max's house. She had been more than happy to help Max when he asked. The bed was made with red silk sheets that Max bought a few days ago. There were five dozen white roses arranged around the room and white rose petals spread over the bed. There were about a dozen candles just waiting to be lit. Max said he would call when they were close. She would then light them and get out of the room and wait until they headed into their room before heading home. With nothing left to do but wait for Max's call she headed out onto the deck and sat in one of the lounge chairs to watch the sunset over the ocean.

Liz, couldn't believe that Max had planned such a wonderful evening for them. Their first Valentine's together.

"Max, this is wonderful thank you."
"It's not over yet beautiful."
"What else do you have planned?"
"It is a surprise."
"This whole day has been a surprise."
"I know."

Just then the waiter came up to them and placed strawberry shortcake in front of both of them. Liz picked up her fork and was about to take a bite when she noticed the candle light reflect off something in her desert. She used the fork to pull the shiny object out. She looked at Max with tears in her eyes when she saw the ring. Max took the ring from her used his napkin to clean the whip cream off and came around and knelt on one knee in front of her.

"Elizabeth Parker, I love you more than life itself. The only thing that can make me happier than I am right now is if you agree to be my wife. So Liz what I am asking is will you marry me?"

Liz was speechless. She just looked at him and then pulled him into a passionate kiss not caring if everyone was watching them.

"So is that a yes?" Asked Max as the broke apart.
"Yes it's a yes! Yes Max Evans I will marry you!"

Max smiled and slid the ring on her finger. Liz looked at it closely then. It was a princess cut diamond looked to be two karts set in a platinum setting and ban. It was one of the most beautiful rings that she had ever seen.

"It's beautiful." Said Liz
"Isabel helped me pick it out."
"I will have to remember to thank her. Now I understand why when we got the earrings today she was so instented that I get either white gold or platinum for them."
"That is my sister a true fashionista."

Liz laughed.

"What do you say we head home?"
"Sounds good."

Max paid the bill and they headed for home. About five minutes from the house he made a call.

"Hey it's me. We will be there in five minutes."

He noticed Liz looking at him strangely. He just smiled and winked.

"She said yes. Thanks again for your help. Yes I know I owe you one."

Max hung up and smiled at Liz.

"Another surprise?" Asked Liz
"Yeah. Just something to make tonight a little more special."
"Can't wait to find out what it is. Who is helping you?"
"Steph. By the way she sends her congregations"
"When I see her I will have to thank her."

Max just smiled pulled in their long driveway and parked his jeep next to Liz's Mustang in the garage. Then they headed up to their bedroom. Liz was shocked to see it bathed in candle light and rose petals spread over the bed. On the table next to the bed was a card. Liz picked it up and read it.

"Max and Liz,
Congratulations again on your engagement. It was an honor to be asked to help make this night so special for you. Liz can't wait to see that ring.
Love,
Steph."

Liz placed the card back down and they made quick work of their clothes before getting into bed and making love well into the night.

TBC