Shadowlynxbehr's fics(note)pg17 8/14/10

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(RF awards)pg16 11/19/08

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi guys. I am leaving this note here so that everyone who reads my stories will know what's up. The hard drive on my laptop crashed at the beginning of December and I am in the process of getting a new one put in. I want to assure everyone that I have been working on the stories despite not having a computer to type on. Yep, doing it the old-fashioned long hand way of writing. :lol:

I'm leaving this note from my sister's apartment via her computer. I believe I will be able to start posting new parts to the story come January once I get access to a computer more frequently. Just letting you know that more likely I will be posting a couple of parts at once rather than one part here and there, so some of you may have a lot of reading to look forward to. :wink:

In the meantime, I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday! See you next year! :D
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(author note)pg16 12/29/08

Post by Alien_Friend »

Aww gosh computer issues suck. I hope things get sorted out for you soon. Thanks for the note! Looking forward to those updates when you're able to post. Hope you had happy and safe holiday as well. Happy New Year!
POM

Post by POM »

Don't worry...everyone goes through there ups and downs with computers (Damn Technology!!) :lol:
but I can't wait for your return:!: and I write the old-fashion way all the time, then transfer it to da computer :)

Come back soon.

<3 POM <3
DreamerLaure
Addicted Roswellian

Post by DreamerLaure »

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Michelle. Computer problems are the worst :( . Good luck with everything, and I hope we see more some time soon. I look forward to the updates :)

Also, I just read Rescued from Death, and no surprise, it was wonderful! I'm so glad Liz rescued Max in her own way, changing his life for the better. Sigh, it really was destined for them to meet. It was a fantastic story, I loved it a lot :).
"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
Meredith - Grey's Anatomy
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi everyone, well I officially lost my laptop and haven't gotten around to getting a new computer.....time and money aren't allowing me to get the "perfect" computer I want. :oops: But I am doing my best to keep writing my stories and trying to sneak in on my sister's computer when she's not home or when my boyfriend allows me time away from him to work on his computer. You can guess how easy it is to get to either one! My sis is a computer hog and my BF is a "me, me, me" guy. :lol:

On another note, I am usually able to just check my emails and back in March I got an email from someone from this site who had read my story Eternal Ruby of Darkness. Turns out someone on a Prison Break site took my story and changed the names of the characters and tried to pass the story off as theirs. Thanks to the heads up from that reader, I was able to head over there, check it out, and posted to the admins about it. They got it resolved quickly! First time of plagiarism for one of my own stories! :shock: I was so shocked at the plagiarist's gall and her response to the accusation that I just had to post what was said. I deleted some names for the sake of privacy but I can't believe the lengths some people will go!

Hello,

I'm XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, and I am one of the admins at XXXXXXXXXX. the owner of the site has requested that I contact you regarding an accusation of plagiarism that has been made against you by an author from the Roswell fandom.

I have read the first three chapters of your story (including the latest one waiting to be validated) and the first three chapters of the Roswell story. I have also read your author's note on the story, saying that the idea for your story 'came from a story you'd read years and years ago'.

Getting an idea from another story is one thing. Copying and pasting that story word for word, with only the names changed, is quite another. The first is called inspiration. The second is called plagiarism.

Your account has been locked while the matter is being investigated. If there's any explanation you'd like to offer for the fact that your story appears to be a word for word copy of the other story (written and finished long before you started posting yours), please email me as soon as you can.

Thank you
XXXXXXXXXXXX

This was her reply:

Hi XXX.

I have read the story that you linked to below, and I don't have any explanation except to say that I didn't copy and paste it. I did a lot of research, but plagiarism is a very serious accusation.

Please feel free to take the story down and lock my account for story privileges if that is what you feel is appropriate.

I didn't copy it and would very much appreciate it if you would not take this any further than this. I have made quite a few friends on this site and do not want to be accused of plagiarism of any work. I know how much effort goes into writing and don't want the original author to feel like have stolen their hard work.

At the end of the day, it is completely up to you and you already have your preconceived opinions of what has occurred. Do what you feel you must.

Thank you
XXX

The plagiarist had only posted 3 parts to the story so far, but it literally was word for word Eternal Ruby of Darkness except the names had been changed and the songs were deleted! It was unreal!

In any case, I would love to give littlelover aka Judith a shout out and Thank You :D for letting me know about this! I am grateful to you for your heads up and am glad there are people like you out there looking out for the rest of us! Thanks again!
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(author note)pg16 5/3/09

Post by Alien_Friend »

Wow that's crazy! I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Thanks for the notes. Looking forward to seeing you post when you can.
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(author note)pg16 5/3/09

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

hi guys! Just letting you all know that I've posted parts 11 through 18 of "Of Secrets, Healers & Fae" and also parts 22 and 23 of "The Legend of Daring Elk & Horse Dreamer".

:D :D :D
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(updates)pg16 6/13/09

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hello again to everyone who is patiently waiting for the next parts to Of Secrets, Healers & Fae, The Legend of Daring Elk and Horse Dreamer and Mercenaries of Wresllo.

I am still writing those stores and am almost finished with TLODE&HD. As soon as I have time I will post them.

Sorry for taking so long but these last few months have been incredibly busy and trying for me. I quit work at the beginning of October to move in with my fiancee, then we went on a cruise the last week of October for my birthday. A week later, I had to travel to my mother's house to care for her because chronic pain has kept her from getting out of bed.

For the rest of November, I divided my time between caring for mom and moving in with my fiancee. She finally had back surgery on Dec. 9th, but that was only one problem solved. Now we have to wait for this to heal before they can move on to fix the next problem she has with more surgery.

Suffice it to say, I haven't found much "alone" time to sit and write without interruptions. However, that doesn't mean the stories haven't been on my mind. They always have been....as have all of you faithful readers.

I want to apologize for taking so long...this was never my intention. I actually thought I'd have all of them done by the end of November, but it hasn't worked out that way. As of now, it's looking like end of January or February....

Again, I am sorry and hope you all stick around for the end.

Happy Holidays to all of you.
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(note)pg16 12/20/09

Post by Alien_Friend »

Happy Holidays to you too!! Thanks so much for the note. I hope your mom recovers well after everything. Congrats on getting engaged!! That's awesome!

I'll definitely be here when you have time to write and post. Until then take care! :D
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Shadowlynxbehr's fics(note)pg16 12/20/09

Post by Natalie36 »

happy holidays to you and yours!!! family comes first and your stories are so good i am really really sure everyone will wait for you. a cruise sounds wonderful since i'm looking at 18 inches of snow yeah new england. i wish you peace to come your way :D