Sports Talk

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Sports Talk

Post by RosDude »

Any sports fans or players among us? I'm not much of a fan right now since I live in St. Louis…anyway I’m really into tennis. Playing that is, I’m a classic football buff and I like College basketball and pro sometimes.

Any one else play or is a really big fan of a sport?
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

I'm not the most team oriented sports person. I surf but not competitively. It's just something I like to do.

As for watching sports, I like Football. I'm a Patriots fan, although, I'm kind of glad that they didn't make the SuperBowl this year...they were getting cocky and it was making them sloppy. They needed to be knocked down a peg.

Sumo Wrestling is also really fun to watch...they show it on ESPN every once and awhile...now that's high quality entertainment. :lol:
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! My parents had season tickets since before I was born and i've been in the stadiums since then too. I even have a freaking superbowl party every year lol.

Im amazed at how many guys think girls can't like football. I was sitting in class one day and some guy behind me was talking about football but had his stats all wrong so I turned around and kindly corrected him. He was so shocked. Later he said he was actually intimidated know that I knew more football than him. Oh well...guess I have to go for the players right? :wink:

I also like baseball, basketball, golf...and volleyball. I can't really get into Tennis. I mean I've played it in gym and I liked it but I don't think i'd call what he played...really tennis you know?

Like I said I love sports...basically any of them do it for me lol. Great past times!

~Jennifer~
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

You know that guy in your class could have sooo totally have been me. Well…I wouldn’t have gotten my stats wrong. :roll: But I live on planet Estrogen in the Femme Fatale galaxy, so it baffles me to no end when I see a girl that knows her sports.

I’m learning though.

Speaking of Super Bowel, I’m the super bowel party King!! It’s ten times better than Christmas. As a matter of fact, I think the Super Bowel should be declared a national holiday, but hey that’s me. Me and my friend Kyle are trying to get a petition going, but…lol just kidding, but really, I love the Super Bowel!

How can you not love tennis? It’s the second greatest sport ever!!

I tried surfing once…suffice it to say I will never be a pro, hell I’ll never be an amateur.

Sumo wrestling huh? Never watched it, I’m more of a WWE fan, but I don’t know if that really constitutes as a sport.
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I love to watch tennis, but right now I'm all tennised out. During the Australian Open the tennis is on about 10 hours a day and I seem to catch a lot of that.
I'm slightly addicted to the Cheerleading tournaments they show on TV as well, I think because we don't have them here so it's a novelty! I'm into Cricket as well, but I know none of you will be, and I like football, but it's AFL not NFL. I've tried to watch NFL and although the players are cutier, it's a much slower game, and all that padding!!!

To actually play I like netball and golf, but don't do much of either.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I love watching football. I love the Patriots, and am a huge fan. I'll admit Tom Brady is what got me interested in NFL football, but now I really do like it. (Except for the Colts...Peyton Manning really irks me...) Kind of sad that they didnt' make it to the Super Bowl, but there's always next year. And next year, they'll be a team to be reckoned with once again...got some changes going on in the ranks. I love to watch my cousin play football. He's on his college's team, and he's pretty good. Went to every game this season.

HUge baseball fan as well. I'm a Braves girl, and Chipper Jones is the man, lol. Never miss watching a game.

I also love to watch the Winter Olympics. I'm a Bode Miller fan (even with all the controversy recently...). Last Winter Olympics, was routing for Pete Bergoust...Bode Miller...Apollo Ohno. Snow sports rock.

As for Tennis, I don't watch it much, but I do play recreationally. I started playing intramurals in MIddle school, and when I beat the P.E. teacher in a student/teacher intramurals match, I lived a brief 15 minutes of fame as the girl who beat Mrs. Thomas. LOL. It was fun.

So, apparently, I do love sports. Wow. Who'da thunk it?
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Oh I'm so excited about the winter Olympics...I have a friend in the cross country skiing!! I have my cow bell ready, I'm going to crank up the air con so at least I can pretend it's winter when I watch :)
alana
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: En un lugar de la mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

Post by alana »

I love sports!!! :lol:

I´m in Spain so i have to go with football like preference but i watch every sport knowed. I´m a very proud menber of Osasuna , Aupa!!! :lol: , and played it five years in a team and now like others sport for diversion only. I supose that it was because here in school we hyave a lot of class of Phisical education , and they make you played a lot of sports. I love to play volleyball , hockey in grass , basketball , frontenis and football.
Here i don´t see to much division in to the male and girl debate , because sport is something that all people know about . I love to go to see every sunday the ligue so i can say that much prety every weeked is a party. :lol:
I really in sports so i see all the competions , and this year is the World cup , so is going to be a great summer.
When the Sun shine / we shine together
Told you I´ll be here forever
Said I´ll always be your friend
Took an oath, Ima stick it out to the end

Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we´ll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

I think this is a good topic to ask my question. I live in Ireland and so I don't know anything about Football in the USA. And I need some info for a story of mine.

I would really appreciate if someone would give me some info over everything there to know about it!

xxx Ivy

Plz PM me
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

My new years resolution was to learn how to snowboard. It is the coolest freaking sport ever...um after football and tennis. I also love to watch Speed skating. Chad Hedrick, an American, won the men's 5,000 meters speed skating gold medal yesterday. I was actually routing for Shani Davis but I got nothing against Chad.

Right now the US is second to Norway with three medals: Two gold and one silver. To Norway’s five medals: Three silver and two bronze. Which if you think about it, averages out to the same. But since they have more medals than the US then they’re in first.