Sports Talk

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Does horse racing count as a sport? B/C I live for that! There's something so thrilling about it... I can't even explain. I've always been partial to basketball, though in my opinion, it hasn't been the same since Michael Jordan retired. Also, I've missed out on my football games. Can anyone fill me in on Dallas?

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

I'm a Huge basketball fan! I grew up with a bunch of males so I've been watching the sport since I was about eight years old and played throughout jr. high and high school. Even though I'm from Texas, I'm a really big Sacramento Kings fan... who just happen to be playing a Texas team in the playoffs right now.

Not much for NCAA ball though *shrugs*

-Cyn-
<center>Image
RosDude
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDude »

I hate freaking baseball! Here in STL we’re such a huge “baseball city” it’s all you ever hear about. It’s driving me crazy!!! I’m surprised we haven’t made Albert Pujols the freaking Mayor!

And I really hate some of these baseball fans that leave the games and magically turn into drunken idiots that need to learn how to cross the street!

I seriously only live a few blocks away from the new stadium, which means that every home game I get to almost kill a baseball fan. It’d be nice if it weren’t for that whole against the law to kill a person thing. :roll:

~Chad~
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

Well... as long as you don't get caught... :wink:

I have to disagree with you as far as Baseball goes. I like it, but I'm not really into almost any of the players on any team. I'm more for the 'oldies but goodies.'

Of course I'm pretty much like that with any sport!

Ashley
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

I'm from the South so it's SEC college football all the way baby.I swear in Alabama the rivalry between Alabama and Auburn is so big you have to declare what team you pull for as soon as you're out of the womb.

Oh and by the way Roll Tide!
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Try living in Texas where half of your family is split for the Longhorns and the other half is all Aggies...

Makes for an interesting holiday meal to say the least.

And the things that they do to the poor little kids who don't know any better... it's like a battle ground to see who can convert them first!

Ashley
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

Morning Dreamgirl, its like you just described my family and friends with the whole Longhorn and Aggies thing! Half the people I know are A&M fans and the other half are die hard Longhorns.

Football time is a crazy time of year here in Texas :!:
<center>Image
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Tell me about it!

Even at my high school football was it.

Whether it was our team (and it always was) or Longhorns or Aggies.

So which are you?

And before you say you're neutral - you know that's not true because if you don't make a declaration one way or the other than both sides come after you!

Ashley
To_Kiss_A_Frog
Addicted Roswellian

Post by To_Kiss_A_Frog »

I'm proud to admit that I'm Longhorn fan. Burnt orange through and through :D

How about you? Which team are you for?

-Cyn-
<center>Image
Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

To_Kiss_A_Frog wrote:I'm proud to admit that I'm Longhorn fan. Burnt orange through and through :D
Yeah Baby!

At least you were converted by the right side!

This picture was taken at A&M when my brother (who is also a Longhorn through and through) visited one of our cousins who attends the college. Apparently one sign wasn't enough. :wink:

All I have to say to people who think A&M is better - UT is the official college of Texas: It's in our state constitution. Obviously, even back then they knew we would always be better. And can I just remind people what happened at the Rose Bowl?

:wink:

Ashley