A Bad Day (CC, A/I, FF, Teen, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

A Bad Day (CC, A/I, FF, Teen, 1/1) [COMPLETE]

Post by KaraGail »

A/N: This story is also known as "Trude's Wish Granted". It was written when she was having a bad day and jokingly asked me to write a fic to make her forget about her day. :shock: This little fluff fic is what came out of that little challenge. :lol: Thanks Trude! :lol:

A Bad Day

By: KaraGail

Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Category: Alex and Isabel Future Fic

Rating: Teen

“UGH!” Isabel slammed her car door shut, glad that the day was over and she was finally home.

The last few days at work had been utter and complete torture but today had truly taken the cake. Her boss had been nothing but a jerk toward her, making her feel that she was incompetent in her job.

There had been many times in the day where she had to control herself from using her powers and teaching him a lesson but she knew it was too risky. Besides she had a neater and easier way to torture him. She would just have to dream walk him and make him see the errors of his way.

Opening the front door of her two story townhouse she gave an audible sigh before calling out, “I’m home.”

When she did not receive the response she expected, Isabel frowned, “Alex?”

Her husband, of four years, was normally home before she was and so she began to worry when he didn’t answer her call. Dropping her purse and keys on the hall table; Isabel entered her living room hoping for some sign that he was home, “Alex?”

She took a moment to look around her with pride at their home. They had bought it a years ago and she had combed the town of Roswell looking for the perfect pieces to decorate their home and make it their own. Alex had been amused by her “Nazi” tendency as she tried to get the house the exact way she wanted it, but he had been very supportive and had gone on many of the shopping sprees with her.

Once again she wondered where her husband was as she headed over to the stairs thinking that he may be up in their bedroom. She went to call for him again, but then stopped when she spotted a note at the foot of the stairs. Her name was scrawled across the front in her husband’s familiar handwriting and she flipped it open to read:

Come up to the bedroom

Isabel raised an eyebrow and smiled while making her way up the stairs,“What was Alex up to?’

Half way up she heard the soft strains of classical music coming from her room. She quickly got up the rest of the stairs and entered the room, excited to see what her husband was up to. She gave a frown when he was no where to be found in the large master bedroom. Instead another note laid upon their king sized bed:

Come into the bathroom

Isabel dropped the note back onto the bed and moved toward the adjoining bathroom. Opening the door she smiled at the sight of her garden tub filled to the rim with her favorite scented bubble bath while various size candles were on every surface, dimming the room to a soft glow.

Another note was propped up against a steaming cup of hot chocolate with a single rose laying in front:

Relax and enjoy

She didn’t think twice before undressing and slipping into the water with a groan at how wonderful the bath felt. Leaning back, Isabel shut her eyes for a moment and let the stress of the day just melt away.

Isabel wondered, once again, where her husband was. The only other thing that would make this moment perfect was if Alex was sharing the bath with her. The huge sunken tub was a perfect size to fit both of their tall frames at one time and many times, since buying the house, they had used it to it’s full potential.

She sipped on her hot chocolate, not at all surprised at the hint of Tabasco sauce that added the spicy flavor, that she craved, to the sweet chocolate of the drink. Isabel loved how her husband seemed to always know what she needed and even took into consideration all of her alien quirks.

Even after 10 years, she was still amazed how Alex seemed not at all concerned that he was in love with an alien. He took everything that came at them in an easy stride that made her love him more every day.

Finally a half hour later, Isabel stepped out of the tub and slipped on her favorite red silk robe that hung on the back of the bathroom door. She felt so much better and couldn’t wait to see Alex and thank him for his thoughtfulness.

Opening the door, the first thing she noticed was that the lights were now out and, as with the bathroom, dimly lit by soft candle light. The music was still being filtered to the room and she couldn’t help but think how romantic her husband was. Especially when she spotted the vase of long stemmed red roses that sat on her night stand and emitted a lovely scent around the room.

“How was work today?” a familiar masculine voice said from the door way of the room causing her to spin and give him a smile. Her husband looked so handsome standing there in jeans and the untucked blue striped shirt that she had gotten him for his birthday. The long sleeves were rolled up to the middle of his forearms and, along with his black rimmed glasses that framed his beautiful green eyes, she thought he had never looked sexier to her.

Isabel couldn’t speak all she could do was hurry over to him, wrap her arms around his neck and press her lips to his in a passionate kiss. He pulled her closer to him and returned the love that she was so unabashedly giving him at that moment.

Needing air, Isabel broke the kiss to bury her face in the hollow of his neck and hugged him tightly to her. She never wanted him to let her go for there was no where else that she felt safe and protected than here within the circle of his loving arms.

“I guess work wasn’t much better today.” he murmured against her ear as his hands ran up and down her back in a gentle caress.

Isabel let out a small groan, “How did you know?”

Alex pressed a kiss to her temple, “I could hear it in your voice when we spoke at lunch.”

She let out an audible sigh, “I just don’t know how much more I can take if there are any more days like today. I seriously wanted to do damage to my boss and not in a human way.”

“Is there anything I can do?”he questioned with a smile and once again Isabel thought of how lucky she was to have a husband who would do anything to make sure she was happy.

She pressed a kiss to his collarbone before glancing up at him with a seductive smile that always seem to make him a puddle at her feet, “Let’s not talk about work right now, Alex.” she slid her hands around the front of him and across his chest before starting to unfasten the buttons of his shirt, “I just want to make love with my husband until today is just a faint memory.”

Alex’s face split into a wide grin, “I think I can do that.” he reached down and lifted her into his arms in one swift movement causing her to squeal in delight as he carried her over to their bed.

Isabel had a strong feeling that after tonight, anytime any body at work gave her a hard time, she would just think about how the world had disappeared in her husband’s loving arms, and she wouldn’t be able to do anything except smile.

The End

Kara