The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 38, 11/27/12

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 33/Pt 2, 4/24/12

Post by keepsmiling7 »

i'll give this a big bump too!
Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ilonka.Green »

Between the writers block & hectic (flex) work schedule things have been chaotic to say the least. I'm proud to say I now have some great ideas to work with, I'm just debating if I want to incorporate them all into 1 long chapter or several small chapters as everything happens on the same day (around the same time) in 3-5 different locations.

Having run the ideas past a friend, she thinks 1 long chapter with several parts... Which may or may not be confusing to some.

What do you all think? (Locations: The Safe House, the airport, Las Vegas Police Station, & 2 undisclosed locations within the city.... / Sorry that's all I can say @ this point)

NOTE: I'm planning to work, on the next part on Wednesday, so let me know by then.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

I think it might be comfusing. But I think it will be interesting too. Hope that is helpful. I can't wait for your update. And I can't wait to read what will happen next for Max and Liz.

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I really like shorter chapters, and updates more often........but that's just me. I don't have problems remembering the flow of the story that way. But, this is your story.......and I will be here when your schedule allows and will be pleased with what you share with us.
Thank you,
Carolyn
Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The Safe House (AU, M/L, Adult) Ch 34, 6/18/12

Post by Ilonka.Green »

Omigod... It's chapter 34 (at long last)! Gone is the Writer's Block, so hopefully I'll be able to continue writing & posting more frequently (again).

** NOTE: This chapter introduces Max's cousin, Zan who is a radio DJ at KLNR 91.7 FM. And although he's only briefly mentioned, he will play more of a role in later chapters. **

Chapter 34

The Following Day
KLNR 91.7 FM Radio Station…

“Good morning, Las Vegas!” Zan, a DJ at KLNR started. “For those of you just tuning in, you’re listening to the Morning Show with Zan and Kelly on KLNR 91.7 FM. Today we’re talking about… SEX!”

Eyes wide, Kelly smacked his arm. “He’s kidding everyone…”

“No I’m not…” pausing, Zan eyed Kelly. “Salt ‘N Peppa are kicking off our fifteen minute playlist talking about SEX…”

Rolling her eyes at the now lame joke, Kelly flipped a switch kicking off the fifteen minute playlist with Salt ‘N Peppa.
The Safe House: Max & Liz’s studio flat…

The alarm sounded as Zan and Kelly’s voices filtered through the speakers. Groaning, Max reached to turn off the radio when suddenly his cousin, Zan jokingly announced the topic of the Morning Show was sex. Rolling his eyes, he chuckled. Typical Zan.

Slowly, Liz stretched in his arms as her eyes fluttered open. “What’s so funny?”

Rubbing her back, he placed a gentle kiss on her forehead; looking down at her. “My cousin, Zan… He’s one of the DJ’s who does the Morning Show each morning on KLNR. He just jokingly announced the topic of the day was sex.”

‘Let’s talk about sex, baby… Let’s talk about you and me…’

Remembering the events of the previous evening, she blushed. “Oh.” Reaching over to the night stand, she turned off the radio.

“What’d you do that for? I was listening to that.”

Gliding a hand across his chest and down his bicep, Liz kissed him. “Too much talk…”
Meanwhile across town at the Las Vegas Police Department…

The telephone rang disrupting what was an unusually quiet day. Reaching across his desk, Lieutenant Porislukski answered on the second ring. “Las Vegas PD…”

“I need to talk to Lieutenant Porislukski…”

“Speaking…”

“Lieutenant Guttenberg from the High Desert Correction Center… It was brought to my attention that Sean Harrison escaped…”

Lieutenant Porislukski bolted out of his chair knocking it to the floor. “And you’re just calling me now? How long has he been missing?”

“From what I was told a few hours ago…”

“A few hours ago… And you were just notified of this?”

Lieutenant Guttenberg sighed. “The prison was locked down immediately after it was discovered he was missing. Both the building and grounds were searched… No sign of him. A search party was also released to check the surrounding area…”

“Okay… But, that doesn’t explain why you’re just calling me now. I have a Mr. Whitman who has a restraining order against Mr. Harrison for attempted assault and a Mr. Evans and Mrs. Whitman who have charged Mr. Harrison with disorderly conduct. Add to that a Ms. Parker who filed charges against Mr. Harrison while in New York for assault and battery and damage to personal property… They all need to be notified of this…”

“I know. I read his file and I’m sorry I didn’t have the chance to call sooner…”

Lieutenant Porislukski sighed. How was he going to spring the news on Max, Isabel, Alex and Liz?
Last edited by Ilonka.Green on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

oh no not again
Ilonka.Green
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ilonka.Green »

** Having problems w/ the formatting (i.e. Center, Bold, etc.)... Hope to be able to fix it soon. **

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid so. What is he up to now? Hmmm... I don't know. Actually, I do but you'll have to wait and find out. :lol:
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Oh boy ... Hope Max doesn't blow a lid when he finds out.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

OOooh, Zan! Dare I hope he'll visit, and we can get us some double-dippin', Max'n'Liz-y goodness? Hoping he'll be lewd, bold, insistent, and very smooth?

Welcome back, and hope to see more soon. (Or is it I who've been AWOL? Did I miss a chapter?)
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Goodbye to the writer's block......finally!
Looks like Zan is gonna be a fun character.......will probably keep Max on his toes.
So Sean has escaped......that is not good news.
Thanks for the update,
Carolyn