Dialogue That Makes You Cringe

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Also, two lines that I can't stand....one of them also having been mentioned, the line about Max telling Isabel she's his home. And then in the Pod Chamber..."What you said about home, you're mine too." Or something along those lines from Isabel to Max.

That's just wrong. It sounds almost incestual. IT's just wierd.

ANd another one, when Liz tells Isabel she always look perfect in 285 South. And Isabel's like, you think? Liz goes,"Please, you're like the Elle McPherson of the Sophomore class"

I'm sorry, but I just want to grab Liz and smack her for that. That sounds like such a kiss up line to me. After the great "At least she knows what species I am" line earlier in the episode, that Elle McPherson line seems like a cop out to me. I could have thought of something better to say, really.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Beautiful86 wrote: Khivar comes to the planet, but for two episodes and then disappears. I think Rath and Lonnie dropped off the face of the planet while Nicholas decided he wanted to be the poser child for Nike. I mean, all of their loose ends were left loose.
I believe Rath and Lonnie were murdered by Tess. If you remember, when Max found her, there were ashes fluttering around in the air around her... just like when Isabel killed Whitacker.

Good point about Nicholas, tho. I've always wondered where he went. Obviously he didn't have every skin in the universe with him. It seemed obvious that they'd send more down and keep trying...
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I believe Rath and Lonnie were murdered by Tess. If you remember, when Max found her, there were ashes fluttering around in the air around her... just like when Isabel killed Whitacker.
That was becuase Whitacker was a skin though, if I recall.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dialogue That Makes You Cringe

Post by Coccy »

ISLANDGIRL5 wrote:
jbangelo wrote:
From Sexual Healing:

MAX: "I'm glowing everywhere; my toes, my heart. You can't see it…it's on the inside."

I am a die-hard Dreamer, but I just HATE that line, and I don't even really know why. :lol:
Oh my gosh. WHen I read the title, and clicked on it, this was the line that came to mind.

I cringe when I hear it. It's the toes thing, I think. I mean, hearing him say that, in such a sweet moment, is just comical. It doesn't belong there.
lol :lol: It's one of my fav dreamer line :roll: :oops: :lol:
I just love it :D ..his voice.. the moment.. it's hot, sensual, sweet and romantic :oops:

anyway...
I hate the Tess and Kyle brotherly love thing too cuz it's just not believable for me :roll: I don't know.. it's just like writers changed their minds only a day before the Colin Hanks forfait and it's soo boring :|

other lines from sexual healing that I don't like... :roll:

this:
MARIA: Did you hear?

MICHAEL: The Max-Liz thing, with the flashes? She's your friend. What do you think?

MARIA: That Max and Liz have discovered some new sensation? It seems somewhat unlikely.

MICHAEL: Extremely unlikely.

and this:
MICHAEL: Maxwell, if this is real...if there's any chance this is real, you owe it to us and to yourself to find out. And in the meantime, I'm gonna pursue my own avenues.

:roll: I don't know why but they are unpleasant
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

I didn't like those either, because in the first one M&M were jealous, and in the second one Michael seemed like on inconsiderate jerk. Oh, just pressure her into sex by saying that she has a duty to help you find where you come from. It's not like that would mean anything. :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I like Michael, and I like candy, but they were portrayed badly in those lines.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
DreamKeeper
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamKeeper »

From Off the Menu:

LIZ: Max, heal him.

MAX: I can’t.

LIZ: Why? It’s your fault he got stabbed. Heal him!

MAX: I can’t use my powers. (He motions toward the device) Brody activated that device. Brody’s a good man. This isn’t his fault. Sean might’ve killed him.

LIZ: But it’s OK for Sean to get stabbed?

I really, really had a hard time with Liz after this.

First, there is the idea that Max should heal Sean and reveal himself to a guy who hates him. Sean may have liked Liz, but he was in juvie for a reason. He wasn't some choirboy, he was trouble. And, even if Liz got him to agree not to reveal Max's secret for the moment, this is a secret that Sean would be privy to for the rest of his life. It was information that he could use anytime he wanted. And it's not like any great regard for Max, or a whole lot in the way of personal scruples, were going to hold him back.

I actually wondered, if Max would have been able to heal Sean, if Liz would have had the presence of mind to at least turn away, since she was wearing a camera and all.

Max warned Brody because he was a good man who didn't deserve to get hurt. Brody was an innocent, much like the guy who was possessed by Khivar was an innocent - the guy that Liz told Max couldn't be killed. Yet Liz is clear that she thinks it's all Max's fault that Sean got stabbed. To listen to Liz, she believes that Max is completely okay with Sean getting hurt, and might even be glad it happened. She totally crushed Max. Again.
Last edited by DreamKeeper on Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

DreamKeeper: I agree. With all of it. Damn Liz.
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

LIZ: But it’s OK for Sean to get stabbed?
well, is it? it's one think to hear about the death of a guy you don't like but standing next to him and watching him die when you could save him is quite another thing ... especially when you know him for quite some time (which I think Liz did since he's Maria's cousin)
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

Do you think Max was sitting there calculating == "Either Brody will be shot or Sean will be stabbed. Which one is better? You know, I think it'll be fine if Sean gets stabbed..."

He had no idea that Brody was going to stab the kid! He didn't say it was okay at all and I'm sure he didn't think that, either. He could only act on what he was seeing.
DreamKeeper
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamKeeper »

Max never said that it was okay, and he never believed that. What Max saw was that Sean was going after Brody with a knife, and there was a good possibility that he would be hurt, and he instintively warned him.

It wasn't Brody's fault that he was possessed at odd times by Larek. It also wasn't Brody's fault that he was hurt by an alien device and he was confused.

What Max was saying was that he didn't think that Brody should be hurt because of something that happened to him that was not his fault. He was a good man, he was a father with a child he loved dearly. He was much like the man that Khivar possessed when he went after Isabel. He too was a good man, a husband and a father. That man was also an innocent and, even though he was a danger to the aliens, he wasn't to be killed because it wasn’t his fault he'd been taken over and used.

Max never said that it was alright that either one of them was hurt. Liz was the one who said that Max must think it was okay for Sean to be hurt. That shows a real lack of knowledge of the guy that she's supposed to love, and absolutely no understanding of his motivation. She thought the worst of him, and she said it. I didn't like her after that.