Asian Roswellians #2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

FallenMagic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by FallenMagic »

Hi guys!

Sharmeen, hey girl! Indus not treating you too well...well what did you expect lol. It's a slave driver :wink: But I hope you're having fun!

Liz_Maria Welcome to our little thread! Always glad to have asians here! :D
<center>There are endings and beginnings and then there are Crossroads; and, somehow, in the end all that's left are Pieces Of A Dream</center>
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian
Location: The city of parties and never-ending dreams(a.k.a. the Philippines)

Post by liz_maria »

FallenMagic Thanks. :D

So I guess I'll make with the intro... :wink:

I've been living in the Philippines since I was born but my roots are from a different country... :) [Fukienese...but it's pretty confusing :roll: ].

I discovered the show through the books and we have the 'star world' channel here. So I began watching seasons 2-3. Sadly, I missed season one. :(

I'll be back soon...
Marie
:)
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Hey everyone!

wooo... I have 2 more exams to go. Just a litttle bit more then it's graduation for me! YEyyyy... I can't wait to get out of highschool.

Anyway, hi Marie! WELCOME! We always have rooms for you here. In fact, I gather there are many more Asians who are lurking in this forum. It'd be great if everyone would drop by this thread sometime.

~Benz
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian

Post by liz_maria »

ps_dreamer wrote:I gather there are many more Asians who are lurking in this forum. It'd be great if everyone would drop by this thread sometime.
Thanks, Benz. I'm thinking the same thing. :D

Heehee, just a thought :wink: :

Is the Roswell Season 1 DVDs available in asia?

I have been looking everywhere (or at least some of the websites that might have a connection to local audio/video stores :roll: )

The only shows we have here (so far...) are Buffy and Smallville in VCD format.

Hope they decide to bring the DVDs to Asia locally... :P

Be back soon...
Marie
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

liz_maria wrote:Is the Roswell Season 1 DVDs available in asia?
Um, I don't think so. Roswell didn't hit the Asian market as big as in the US. Only few people know (and learn to love :P ) Roswell. However, I got the Roswell DVD coz I ordered online. Besides, my DVD player can play DVDs from all zones. If you wanna order from Amazon or something, just make sure that your player can play the U.S. zone (zone 1, I think).

:D
"All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion, and desire." - Aristotle
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian

Post by liz_maria »

ps_dreamer wrote:If you wanna order from Amazon or something, just make sure that your player can play the U.S. zone (zone 1, I think).

Hmm...I'll look into that... :D
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

Hehe.... plz don't mind me going off-topic for a moment here. But... all you Asian Linkin Park fans out there! Look out! They're coming to Asia for the Projekt Revolution Tour this tour. I got this from the Linkin Park's official site:

June 13- Jakarta, Indonesia- Pantai Carnaval

June 15- Manila, Philippines- Ultra open field

June 17- Wanchai, Hong Kong- HK Convention & Exhibition center

June 20- Bangkok, Thailand- Aktive square

June 22- Singapore, the Padang

:D :D :D yey! :BIG:
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian

Post by liz_maria »

Ultra open field- that's where one half of the band F4 played a concert when they were here :)

(Heehee, sorry. Just had some sorta' realization... :roll: )
liz_maria
Addicted Roswellian

Post by liz_maria »

I don't really have anything to do for the rest of the month so I'm online almost everyday.... :D

Had another thing on my mind...I was hoping to start fic #3 but then I had an idea: Why not make it's setting based on Asia?

I was hoping to make it a combined author work, so that I'd have more ideas in a fic than just my own...

A little more info on it: AU w/o aliens/ currently unrated/ can be a CC or concentrating on M-L /

:oops: Really sorry for asking this now.... is there anyone willing to do one. Please PM/e-mail me or leave a message here.

Thanks,
Marie
ps_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ps_dreamer »

that's a great idea, Marie. I always get excited when other Roswellian stories get a chance to go to Asia or something. heh 8)

as for the story plot, what do u have in mind? I'm definitely interested...but this is still a busy time for me (i barely have time for my own stories! :shock: )

~Benz