What Real Life's Like Thread 3 (CC TEEN) TESS OPEN

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Five minutes later, I'm driving down the designated street. I notice a sports bar at the end of the block that was probably the source of Isabel's disappointment, although that's not where Kyle is waiting. Was he embarrassed to be found there? He's not even trying to catch another five minutes of the game.

I pull up next to the curb and am about to toot the horn, but he recognises the car, looking up and walking towards me. I sit tight, waiting as he climbs in and takes a seat.

"So," I say, as I check behind me before moving away from the curb. "What happened?"
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

ISABEL

I’m lying in the dark, staring blankly at the ceiling when Liz comes into the room with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk. She places them on my nightstand wordlessly. I bet she is wondering why I didn’t come and say hi when I got back from the date but I know that she would never dream of prying. Its just not in Liz’s nature.

She‘s on the other side of the room again, her hand is on the doorknob, “I . . . This is the first batch of cookies. We heard you were back and I thought that you might like them warm. I place the plate of cookies on her nightstand with the milk. I walk back to the door, but turn back to her, “I’m here when you want to talk.”

“Wait,” I call out before Liz leaves the room. “I need to ask you something. Its…its important.”

I hear the door click shut again and then Liz’s footsteps as she walks over to her bed and sits down. She doesn’t say anything and I guess there’s no much she can say. I mean, its not like she knows what is going on.

I take a deep breath, knowing that I’m probably going to end up sounding stupid, “Out of everyone in this house, I consider myself closest to Liz. You’ve been a really good friend to me these last couple of weeks and I hope that you an say the same about me. I really need you to be honest with me right now, okay? My date with Kyle tonight was a disaster and Kyle kinda let something slip. I don’t know if its true or not but…God, this is so hard. Kyle told me that Alex has feelings for me. Is it true? Kyle said that you would know. Well, you, Max, Tess and probably everyone else in the world bar me.”
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

great posts :)

ALEX

Ah, so Isabel's date was a diseaster - or at least the beginning. Or the end too since Kyle is stranded. I better not laugh evilly at that.

Max and Liz. For a moment, I was hoping that there was something going on between them but since it was just about something Isabel said, a mere saying ... oh well, there's still time for that.

"I’m going to take these up to her and see how she’s doing. You can have some, but don’t eat them all,”

Yeah, leave me alone, why don't you, I think to myself with a smile as I turn to the cookies, "Well, helloooo, sugar!"

KYLE

Yes, the jeep is coming to the rescue! Halleluja, I'm saved! And not too early, that biker over there is already giving me some weird looks. Max as my knight in shining armor, who would have thought?

"What happened?"

Of course he had to ask that. Maybe I don't have to tell him everything - not that I'd lie, I'd just ... leave out certain things.

"Oh well, she didn't really like the sports bar that much so we went to that italian restaurant over there and after a few minutes we realized that we are just friends and nothing more. So, how was your day with Tess?"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Kyle's description seems pretty bland concidering how things ended up. I wonder how it worked out that Isabel left without him. I'm remembering how things ended with Jake and I wonder if there was a screaming match here like the one Liz told me about. I really hope not. That'll just make a lot of tension in the house since we're all destined to be housemates for a while yet.

And of course, he has to ask about Tess. I know he's just trying to change the subject, so I'm not going to go into that.

"We had a great day," I tell Kyle, because it's true. We may be 'just friends' too, or at least I hope so -- I don't want that 'ex-girlfriend' tension for me, either -- but we did have a great day.

"But I have to say, I don't think most 'friends' would leave a 'friend' stranded two miles from the house. Something must have happened," I say. "You might as well tell me."
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

KYLE

"We had a great day,"

Thank God, he's falling for my trap to change the subject - gives more time to come with a good explanation as to what happened and how to do some damage control when we're at the house. Oh lord, I hope Isabel hasn't confronted Alex yet! Why is the guy home anyway?

"But I have to say, I don't think most 'friends' would leave a 'friend' stranded two miles from the house. Something must have happened, xou might as well tell me."

Damn.

Should I tell him the truth? It might be good to have someone there who already knows and won't be shocked when the others learn of *it* and who's calm enough to not kill me immediately. Or throw me out of a driving car.

"Well, you see ... we were talking about stuff, like friends do and ... I guess I told her something ... totally accidently, of course ... something that shocked her and ... she just had to leave. I guess. Women!"
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I look at Kyle and quickly back to the road before turning to stare at him again, briefly as I come up to a traffic light. My mind is racing a mile a minute but I can't come up with any idea what might have set Isabel off. With Jake it was because he was married. I'm rather certain that won't be the case with Kyle.

"Just what did you say to her?" I ask, hoping to keep my voice level and neutral until I know what it is. If it upset Isabel, I'm not likely to be happy about it...
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

KYLE

"Just what did you say to her?"

"Do I have to answer that? You probably won't like the answer after all."

When Max just gives me another look, I sigh defeated. I probably should have asked for Michael to pick me up, he would have started ranting about women after my last comment instead of focusing on the important parts.

"First of all, believe me, it was an accident that I said it." Okay, so that's not true but no one has to know that - maybe in a few years when we can all laugh about it, but not now.

"And I didn't insult Isabel or anything at all." Shouldn't she be flattered that another guy is head over heels in love with her? "I ... accidently mentioned something about ... Alex."
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"What?" I ask. I want to slam on the brakes and stare at him, but the light's gone green and I don't want to get into an accident.

"What did you tell her about him?" I ask, keeping cool. We've been working so hard to make her see him as a regular person, not a nutcase. He better not have said anything to ruin that.
Sugarplum7
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sugarplum7 »

<center>~*~ ~*~ ~*~ Liz ~*~ ~*~ ~*~</center>

“So that is why you left Kyle there,” I say needlessly before I answer her question. “You can’t tell Alex I said anything. I think Alex liked you since the first day here,” I pause as I try to figure out how to continue. “I think that says something considering you thought he should have been committed. We, Max, Tess, and myself, were trying to help Alex out. I can’t speak for the others, but I just wanted you to see him how he really is, and not the person you thought he was based on his first impression. If anything more happened after that, I’d leave to you and him.”

I pull my legs up onto the bed and look over to the window. I don’t want her to feel pressure in the slightest way, and keeping her free of any stares would only help.

“I’m sorry I didn’t say anything. You’re my roommate; I didn’t want to hurt you by lying, but I made Alex a promise. Since Kyle was the one that told you first, I’m hoping that I’m in a gray enough area where Alex won’t hate me.

“And Izzy, sometimes it’s hardest to see things when we’re closest to it, so don’t think that you’re not seeing it is a reflection on you.”

Should I tell her Alex is home now? Should I wait for her to be more like her usual self before I say anything?
<center>
We Meet At The Lights
Image</center>
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

KYLE

"What did you tell her about him?"

Max doesn't look happy. I better just tell him and hope that I'm not gonna regret the truth.

"Uh, I told her that …. Alex likes her."
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics