People who bug you

Share stuff not relating to Roswell here (that means TV, movies, books, other forms of entertainment, school, work...everything)

Moderators: singerchic4, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: People who bug you

Post by killjoy »

People who let their kids scream,run around or jump up and down in booths at a resturant! :roll:

If there were two things my father was way strict on,when growing up,it was....manners at an eating table....and....how to act in public,more importantly how to act in public when you are eating. If we would have acted a fraction as bad as some kids I see now he would have dragged us into the bathroom of the resturant and spanked us with is belt!
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

killjoy wrote:People who let their kids scream,run around or jump up and down in booths at a resturant! :roll:

If there were two things my father was way strict on,when growing up,it was....manners at an eating table....and....how to act in public,more importantly how to act in public when you are eating. If we would have acted a fraction as bad as some kids I see now he would have dragged us into the bathroom of the resturant and spanked us with is belt!
Totally with you on that. Bugs me even more is when I'm at a grocery story or at the mall and instead of holding onto their small children, they let them run ahead and knock things off shelves and don't bother putting them back. Hello?! It's call a cart with a seat for a reason. IF you have an unruly child, strap their asses in! :roll:
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

What bothers me is the parents who let their child run around all over the place and don't pay attention so anybody could walk by and snag the kid. However the resturant and grocery store things are annoying too. Find a grocery store with daycare or go to Chucky Cheese problem solved.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

valentinebaby wrote:What bothers me is the parents who let their child run around all over the place and don't pay attention so anybody could walk by and snag the kid. However the resturant and grocery store things are annoying too. Find a grocery store with daycare or go to Chucky Cheese problem solved.
How about you leave your demon spawn at home with somebody or if you can't, have a stroller handy or even a leash!

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Earth2Mama wrote: How about you leave your demon spawn at home with somebody or if you can't, have a stroller handy or even a leash!
LOL I used to see all these parents who had their kids on a leash and I was like wtf these are children not dogs! Now that I'm actually a parent I'll admit the thought has crossed my mind, especially when I go somewhere crowded. Still don't think I'm gonna do it, but I at least understand the appeal.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

People who use words and don't know the meaning of them or use them in the wrong context. People with bad grammar. People who can't use spell check or dictionary. People who overuse the thesaurus function on word. People who write emails in text speak. People who end their online posts with That Is All.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Earth2Mama »

nibbles2 wrote:People who can't use spell check or dictionary.
As this is one of my pet peeves, I'll add some more ...

People who don't use commas correctly.
People who constantly use run on sentences.
People who don't space out between paragraphs.

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Ack I'm guilty of a few of those. :(

Honestly though if you see someone who's having spelling issues just tell them to use firefox it's got it's own built in spell checker.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

People who spread their nasty germs all over the place and make you sick. I have a weak immune system and do not want your nasty illnesses, keep them to yourself! I wish we were like Japan where everyone walks around with dr's masks on when they're sick.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

People who write stuff....fanfiction....and who get all upset over bad feedback.Sorry but not everyone is going to like your stuff and getting all upset over one or two negative feedbacks is not worth it.

The reason I say this is that I read a story on another fandom.This story took a stand on a subject that I'm on the other side of.I read the person's story and with respect left feedback saying that even though I respected her writting skill I don't agree with her stand on this subject and left my reasons why.

Well let's just say in her response she tore into me...."if you don't like THIS story than why are you reading it?!"..... :roll: When you write a story dealing with a conflicted issue you're going to have too accept the fact others may not agree with you and say so!

People are way to thin skinned now a days!