When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

Ok then does any one know if Ray (Alex's alter ego while in Las Cruses) had a last name?
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Not as far as I know...

Does anyone know if Max was still working at the UFO Center in season 3?

Thanks!

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

I think there was some reference to the UFO center just before 'Graduation.' I think he was still working there, even 'though we never saw him in the building.
precariousem
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by precariousem »

Hi, everyone. Does anyone know how old Sean DeLuca is? And why he was in Juvie?

Also, I followed the link given at the beginning of this thread to see the bios, etc, but the page does not exist anymore - and right now I am too lazy to go to Polar Attraction and search through the threads to see if it still exists. So, if anyone has a link at hand, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I will go wade through the threads there at some point.

Thanks

Em
mars
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Post by mars »

Hey so I'm new around here, but I think I'm alright with soaking up information. So if people still need help remembering details (the show was a fair few years ago now) I'd be happy to help!

Earlier in the thread Sean's age came up and it was said that he would be about 3 or 4 years older than Maria and Liz. Just a guess I believe. As for why he was in juvie, I don't remember it ever being mentioned.

My own question. I know on SHP, Granilith was spelt as so, with an 'i', but many fans spelt it with an 'o', which is correct? Granolith does comes up more.
Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanity »

mars wrote:My own question. I know on SHP, Granilith was spelt as so, with an 'i', but many fans spelt it with an 'o', which is correct? Granolith does comes up more.
Granilith is how it's spelled in the scripts and so is probably the correct spelling, however...

Granolith gran·o·lith (grān'ə-lĭth')
–noun
a composition stone for pavements, made from crushed granite or the like and cement.

Is a real word so spellcheckers like it. So it shows up in fanfiction more. It was used often enough in fanfic that I hadn't realized this when I started writing and therefore used the most common spelling realizing only later that it probably wasn't the cannon spelling. Now I continue to use the alternate spelling for consistencies sake.
mars
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mars »

Ok, Granilith it is. Thanks.
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

I have amnesia : Was Amy really married to Maria's father? And how old was she when she gave birth to Maria ?

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

That's an interesting question. If they were married, then Amy never dropped her married last name -since they are DeLuca- which seems rather hard to believe. It seems more reasonable that Amy was a single mom all the way, that lived with Maria's Dad for a while -at least until she was seven- but never married him.

Other interesting fact is that Amy was arrested when she was 18, so she wasn't showing pregnancy then. And she doesn't look too old to be 40. So, you can either have her a younger mom than 18 (and argue the case that she would leave her baby to go on a protest) or a bit older, but probably not more than 20 or 21.

But, none of your questions was ever addressed in the show, so these are just conjectures on my behalf ;)
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

In A Roswell Christmas Carol, Maria says My mother was married when she was 17. Ok. No. It's not exactly an advertisement for marrying young, no, but...

So Amy was married to Maria's dad. She may have been ultra modern and kept her own name and gave Maria her name instead of her father's. Or Amy may have kept the name Deluca after they split up because she wanted to have the same name as her daughter.

The impression I always got was the Amy was 17 when she had Maria, I don't know why I think that though. I do remember reading somewhere that Diane Farr is only about 14 years older than Majandra in real life. I don't think she was supposed to be that young when she gave birth but I don't she would have been any older then 19.
Banner by Evelyn