Mutant High(CC, AU/Mature, Adult) *2Needed* Starting

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*bumping for a Jess Post*

*Max*

"I'm gonna go wash this out and make some more...you want another cup?" Liz asks. It's clear her cocoa has gone cold. So has mine, now that I notice. I guess I wasn't paying any attention to that.

"Yeah, thanks," I say starting to stand up.

"I-if you want to put some music on while I'm gone, my CD players there..." "You don't have to though, it was just a thought..."

'While she's gone,' I think, slowly sitting down again. I was going to walk with her, continue our conversation, but it sounds like she wants to be alone. Maybe I'm pushing her too far. Am I crowding her? Does she want to finish this up? No, she just said she was getting more cocoa, so I guess she doesn't mind continuing ... but maybe she needs a break?

"All right," I say slowly, handing her my cup. "Thanks." I wish I knew what she was thinking.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

I'll get a jess up soon Isabelle, I promise. :D
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

Max agrees to another cup of cocoa, handing over his cup, and I nod with a smile, taking it as I head out of the room although there's a part of me that almost feels disappointed about something, although I'm not quite sure about what...

I guess I have a lot to think about as I make my way down the corridor to get the fresh cocoa... I don't exactly know how my mind has turned in that direction, but...

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! I shake my head, trying to banish the thoughts even as they occur to me while I get rid of the remains of the cold cocoa and boil the kettle for a fresh lot.

It's great talking to Max, it really is, and it's nice knowing that for once I'm talking to someone that really does understand, but that's all it is, talking, and that's all it's going to be... Afterall, why would he be interested in me, I'm nothing special...

Sighing, I try to busy myself on pouring the now boiling water but I-- "OW!" My lapse of concentration causes the boiling water to spill over the edge onto my hand, causing me to wince as I wave my painfully tingling hand in the air.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Jess

"Hey, it's what we do," Maria says with a sexy grin, clinking her bottle with mine. "This back-water place isn't all bad," she adds, and I nod in agreement. To be honest, it really isn't as bad as I thought it was, but that decision could have absolutely nothing to do with the girl I'm sitting across from and the nice school that I've just become a part of, right? Who am I kidding.

I drink some more of my beer as I look around, finally finishing it off before looking back at Maria. This place is crazy, and I don't know a single person in here, which makes it much better. I mean, this is a whole new start for me, on every front. And so far, it seems like a good start.

"So, you dance, am I right?" I ask loud enough so she can hear me, a confident grin on my face. I mean, what's the point of going to a club if you don't get to dance with a cute girl while you're there. Ecspecially a girl who seems to enjoy spending time with you.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Liz leaves so I move over and check out her music as she instructed me to. There aren't a lot of CDs but I see some unusual stuff there. A few artists I don't recognise. Along side that is RedHot Chilli Peppers, James Blunt, Tears for Fears and a few others I do know. I think about picking up one of the unusual ones to see what sort of things she likes and maybe learn something new. Unfortunately, since I don't know what they are like, there's a chance it would be all love songs or hard metal or something that would spoil the friendly atmosphere we'd built up so far.

All right then, I think. I pull out her 'Bowling for Soup' CD, thinking that should be safe enough. Of course, the first song is 'Almost'. 'I almost had you...' Not good. I skip ahead to the next one, glad that she didn't come in just then.

In another minute or two, she still hasn't returned. I'm probably being jumpy. How long has it really been? She was pretty clear that I was supposed to wait. Just the same, I step close to the door to see if I can hear her coming down the hallway. What I hear then takes me by surpise. I hear her yelp in surprise and maybe pain. It doesn't sound like she's actually in danger and she did tell me to wait ...

It doesn't matter. I move into the hallway and head down to the little kitchenette on the second floor. "Liz. Are you okay?" I ask.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Maria*

"Sure, I dance," I say with a laugh when he asks. "I even sing if you put a mike in front of me," I admit. Then I'm suddenly embarrassed to have mentioned it. I'm not professional. I sing in front of friends and at parties. Not actual clubs like this place. God, I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea.

"But I'd love to have a dance with you," I tell him, hurriedly, hoping he didn't notice the other comment. I get to my feet and give him a smile. "Let's go."
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

"Liz. Are you okay...?"

Biting down on my lip, I force a smile for Max as he appears. "What, oh yeah...well...sort of...I'm just a little clumsey I guess..." I comment awkwardly, displaying my hand as I'm sure my cheeks are turning a matching colour to the scolded skin. After all, how else do I explain what happened other than by pretending to be a clutz... I can't exactly admit that I was thinking about him in a 'more than friendly' way, and lost my concentration because of it can I...?

The tingling in my hand is being replaced by a real burning by this point, showing that I did a little more than just caught my hand and as I try to pick up one of the cups I can't help but wince, and set the mug back down quickly since the weight is only making it worse. "This really doesn't seem to be my day does it..." I comment, trying to laugh it off with a weak smile.
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Oh geez. She's burned herself. Looks painful, too.

"...I'm just a little clumsy I guess..." She says, looking embarassed. "This really doesn't seem to be my day does it...?"

"I guess not," I say. The hand is only red now, but I can see that it's going to be blistering soon. I reach forward and gently run my fingers over her skin. Dispite the fact that it's a second degree burn, this is an easy job. I don't need to make a deep connection. In a moment, her skin is pink and whole again.

I take the mugs from her so I can carry them back to her room. "I've seen you in the danger room. You don't really seem like the clumsy type. If you're tired, I can let you be. We can talk another time," I offer. After her massive headache and the practice session that must have preceeded it, I wouldn't be surprised if she were exhausted. I hope I haven't been keeping her longer than I should have...
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Jess

"Sure, I dance, I even sing if you put a mike in front of me," Maria admits with a laugh, then looks a little embarrassed for even mentioning the singing part. I want to ask her about it, but I figure I should wait, because I'd really rather not ruin the date if it's a touchy subject or something.

"But I'd love to have a dance with you," she adds, standing up with a huge smile, her feet angled towards the dance floor "Let's go."

Nodding, I lead us out to the dance floor, as a particularly rythmic dance number is spun, the bass beating into the floor. I can instantly feel the beat in my head, and start to dance, pulling Maria into the mood with me. Over the years, music has been my escape from things. It always helped, when I was in a terrible mood, or near a change, to listen to music.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

~Liz~

Max reaches out, and for the second time tonight heals me, using his powers to make it seem as though the burn never occured. As his fingers run over my skin, I close my eyes, biting down on my lip and drawing in a deep breath, before opening them again as my hand drops back to my side and offering a small smile. "Thanks..."

He doesn't seem convinced by my clumsy excuse though...and says as much, suggesting that maybe he should go. I want to say no of course, I want to refuse and tell him it's nothing like that. Because it's not... I am tired of course, but it's not the tiredness which made me lose my concentration, something which is in danger of happening again as I meet his gaze, shaking my head awkwardly. "N-no...its nothing like that Max, and I'm fine...I'm fine to talk a little longer, if you want to..."

I speak slowly as I reach the end, suddenly wondering if he's asking about leaving because he wants to... I don't want him to stay out of pity, or anything like that, I just...

Swallowing, I fold my fingers into the palm on my hand, looking down and gazing at it for a moment as I wait to see what he wants to do, marvelling at how smooth and soft the skin feels once more, instead of burnt and blistered as it would have been had he not stepped in...
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
Love Always...