I Want You Back (AU M/L) MATURE [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 30

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

MilesToGo99
LadyScorpio
LittleHottie510
Earth2Mama
SweetieTeeny
nayney
secretgurl
con angel
Dream_walker
frenchkiss70-
Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
NewYorker18 -
linliz68-
roswellluver
Eccentric One
Itzstacie
Smac
sydneymorgan
Hoopunipuni
sweetbrowneyes
Lurkers

Chapter 30

Guerin Residence – 3 AM

Maria POV

‘Ring Ring’

‘Ring Ring’

“Who the hell is calling this early?” Michael rolls over and says right before he picks up the phone.

“Hello? Ms. Deluca what’s wrong?”

Mom? Why is my mom calling so early in the morning? I abruptly sit up and turn the nightstand lamp on to see Michael’s face.

“What Michael what’s wrong with my mom?” I say to him after he hung up the phone.

“Why didn’t you let me talk to her?”

He is looking at me with an unexplainable expression…could it be sadness.

“Oh god, Michael just tell me.”

“Maria calm down okay, just calm down.”

“Okay Michael.”

“Maria I don’t know how to say this but to just say it. Liz’s parents were in an accident.”

“Oh God! Are they okay Michael?” He looks away from me and takes a deep breath before looking back in my direction.

“No Maria they’re…they're dead.”

“Liz! We have to go to Liz. Does she know?”

“I think so, your mom said it happened a couple of ours ago but she just found out.”

“Oh my god and Liz is all alone we have to go now Michael.” I say sitting up a little straighter and trying to keep my nerves in check. I have a baby to think about as well.

“Okay Maria let’s call her first, she may not even know.”

“Okay but can you?”

“Yes.” He picks up the phone and dials Liz’s number,

“It’s busy.”

“Call Serena, she’s closer then we are.”

He calls Serena and tells her the news, she tells him she is headed over there right now.

I jump off the bed and start to get dressed. Michael does not question me he just gets up and puts on a pair of jeans hanging on the chair in the bedroom and puts on his sneakers.

We drive straight to Liz’s house; Serena’s car was already parked in the driveway. We rush up to the front door I was going to knock but I noticed the door was already ajar.

“Liz? Serena?”

“Maria in here!” That was Serena. I walk to the back of the house, followed closely by Michael and into Liz’s bedroom. The first thing I see is Serena sitting on the floor next to Liz’s bathroom door.

“Serena, where is Liz? Is she in there?” I say pointing to the door.

“Yes and she won’t come out and talk to me.” She has tears in her eyes. Liz is her best friend and she doesn’t want her help.

“Let me try, Michael call Max now!”

“Okay.” He takes out his cell phone and dial’s Max’s hotel while I take a seat next to Serena on the floor in front of the closed door.

“Liz, Liz its Maria. Liz are you okay? Talk to me please.” I can hear her crying. I can only imagine what she is going through. I have my mom and if I lost her I don’t know what I would do.

“Lizzie, I’m so sorry and I know you don’t want to talk but say something so we know you’re okay.” I hear her sniffle she must be sitting right next to the door.

“Maria…they’re…gone and I can’t deal with this right now…it’s…too…much.”

“Okay Liz you stay there as long as you want and when you’re ready we’ll be here.”

She making me nervous, I really wish Max was here right now. He would know what to say to or do to make her open up this door.

Max POV

I had just fallen asleep when my hotel phone rang, maybe it was Liz and she wanted to talk or something. She would do that sometimes; call me at the craziest hours to just talk if she had a bad dream or something.

I reach my hand out to the nightstand and answer the ringing phone.

“Hello?” I say in a very groggy voice.

‘Max!’

“Michael, what’s wrong is it Maria? The baby?” I can’t imagine what he would be calling me so early in the morning if it wasn’t that.

‘No Max, Maria is fine but…but Max…Liz isn’t.’ I jump up from my laying position into a sitting position my hearts starts to race and my breathing speeds up.

“Liz what’s wrong with Liz!”

‘Max her parents were in a car accident…’

“Are they okay?” From Michael’s silence I get my answer.

“Michael where’s Liz? She shouldn't be alone right now.” Oh god!

‘Serena, Maria and I are at her house right now but Max, she is locked in her bathroom and won’t come out. Maria is really worried and to be honest so am I.’

That makes three of us. I never wished for to much in my life but right now I would give anything to be there right now.

“Michael put Maria on the phone.” I here some muffling, he must be passing the phone over to her. I hear her voice come over the line.

‘Max, oh god Max I don’t know what to do for her, she’s crying and she’s making herself sick.’

“Maria calm down it’s going to be alright. I need you to do me a favor.”

‘Okay.’

“Good I need you to relax Maria, this is not good for the baby okay. I will take care of it but I need to know you’re going to be okay. Can you do that for me?”

‘Yes Max I will.’ I hear her take a deep breath she’s trying at least.

“Okay now Maria go to the door and tell Liz I’m on the phone and that I want to talk to her.”

‘Okay Max hold on okay?’

“Yes.” I am so nervous right now what if I can’t get her out of there. The thing that frightens me the most is that Maria said she’s making herself sick. Liz does that when she’s crying she won’t stop even though it makes her sick to her stomach.

I start to get dressed because I don’t know what else to do. I can hear Maria in the background.

‘Liz? It’s Max honey he wants to talk to you. Can you open the door so I can give you the phone?’ There is a pause, and then she begins her plea again.

‘Liz, please just talk to him.’

What the hell am I thinking what if she doesn’t even want to talk to me? I can hear Maria begging her to open the door. She comes back to me and tells me,

‘Max she’s not…’

“Maria? Maria are you there?” Then I hear my angels trembling voice.

‘Mmax.’

“Liz! Thank god.”

‘Max they’re gone.’ She cries to me.

“I know baby I know.” I wish I could hold her right now and wipe away her tears.

‘It hurts so bad. Tell me it’s not true, tell me I’m going to wake up and that it’s a nightmare or something just anything…just that it’s not true.’ She cries to me.

“I wish I could but I can’t, I’m so sorry.”

I hear her violent sobs now into the phone and she is begging me to take it away and I wish with all my heart that was possible. She needs me and I’m not there for her.

“Liz, I’m coming home okay?” She quiets her sobs and whispers into the phone.

‘Hurry Max, please.’ She’s begging me with her words and it’s breaking my heart.

“I will Liz, but I need you to do something for me. If I ask you can you promise to do it for me?”

‘Yes Max.’ She sniffles.

“Okay I need you to get up wash your face and lie down Liz to go your bed and lay there.”

‘Max I don’t want to see anyone please.’

“Okay look if I have everyone leave will you do it for me?”

‘Yes Max, I just don’t want to see their sad faces. I…I can’t handle it.’

“Okay baby I’ll get them to leave and I promise I will be there as soon as I can.”

‘Max I have to go to Roswell. I can’t do it Max.’

“Liz when you go to Roswell I will be right beside you, I promise nothing is going to keep me away.” I hear her deep intake of breath; I hope my words can bring her some comfort.

‘Okay Max…okay.’

“Now Liz open the door and give the phone back to Maria.”

‘Alright.’

“Liz?”

‘Yeah Max?’

“I love you Liz.” And without any hesitation she says,

‘I love you too Max…bye.’

“Bye Liz.”

She gives the phone back to Maria.

‘Yeah?’

“Maria I need Liz out of that bathroom so I’m going to ask you to all do something and you have to trust me okay?”

‘Of course!’

“I need you, Michael and Serena to leave.”

‘But Max…’

“Maria.”

‘Okay done.’

“Good, I’m leaving the hotel right now and I will be there as soon as possible.”

‘Max?’

“Yeah?”

‘Is she going to be okay?’

“I don’t know Maria, I don’t know.” I tell her honestly because until I see Liz for myself I really have no idea.

‘Okay Max, I’ll talk to you in a little while and be careful.’

“I will Maria…bye.”

TBC…ON NEXT POST!
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Chapter 31

Max POV

Breaking all kinds of speed laws driving from one end of LA to the other. I finally arrive at Liz’s and I run to the door and ring the doorbell.

No answer, maybe she fell asleep, I hope so for her sake.

On my way down I called Serena just to let her know once I arrived I would get Liz ready to leave. She told me that just incase Liz didn’t answer the door for some reason that she put the extra key under the doormat.

I enter the house and it’s pitch black. I fumble around trying to find some kind of light switch; I make it to the kitchen somehow and turn on the lights.

I immediately proceed down to Liz’s room; thank god I have been here before otherwise I would never find her.

I approach the open door way and what I see inside breaks my heart.

She was curled up on her bed facing the window crying softly.

“Liz.” I say just above a whisper and she rolls over to face me. I slowly approach her bedside and kneel down next to it.

“Max, you…you came.” She was happy to see me I could tell but she was hurting so much. I reach out my hand to move her hair away from her face and gently caress her cheek.

“Of course Liz, I promised didn’t I?” She just shook her head. I leaned back on my heels and stood up. She scooted over to allow me room to lay down next to her.

I immediately wrapped her into a tight embrace and she cried harder now. I just rub my hand up and down her back and through her hair trying to bring her as much comfort as I can.

We lay like that for a few minutes until I hear her cries turn into the occasional sniffle and her breathing even out. She was asleep.

I gently extract my arms from around her trying not to disturb her. I leave the room and make my way back into the kitchen to call Maria. I need her to call the airport and get the first flight out to Roswell.

She told me she already called when she left here and that I should have Liz ready in an hour. Michael, Serena and her would pick us up.

“Liz, baby wake up, we have to get going now.” I lean down over her sleeping form.

“Max, is it true?” She looks up at me sorrowful.

“I’m sorry Liz.” She nods and moves off the bed.

“I already packed you a bag.”

“Thank you, Max for everything.” She says and looks me right in the eyes, she is seconds from crying again. I cross the room to stand in front of her now.

“Liz you don’t have to, I would never not be here for you.” I pull her into a tight embrace.

“Ready?”

“No.”

“I know.” I pull out of our embrace and lace her hand with mine and lead her to the front door where everything is waiting.

Roswell, New Mexico – 2 Days Later

“I’m not going.” She is standing half way out of the bathroom in my old bedroom with her arms crossed. Despite everything she looks adorable.

“Liz, yes you are.” I tell her and proceed to finish getting ready. She walks out of the bathroom and crosses the room to sit on the edge of the bed.

“No, I’m not…I can’t.”

I turn around and walk to the bed I take her arm pulling her up so she can face me. I can see the tears brimming in her eyes.

She buries her head in my chest and cries. I wish I could take the pain away, I wish I could make this all better but I can’t, no one can.

“It’s so hard Max, how can I see them like this? It’s too much.” Her voice is muffled but I can still make out what she is saying.

“I know Liz but if you don’t you’ll regret it forever.”

“I know let me just get my sweater.” She pulls away and I feel cold inside, I forget sometimes how good she feels against me how I feel so alive with her in my arms.

“Okay I’ll wait downstairs for you.” We were at my parents house. Liz couldn’t stay at hers so she asked if we could come here. My parents took care of the funeral arrangements because she couldn’t handle it. Not that I blame here because if it were me I know I couldn’t.

I head downstairs to wait with my parents in the living room until Liz came down. I hear her small footsteps on the stairs and I turn around, she gives me a tiny smile. I know that her heart is broken right now so just the fact that she can toss me a genuine smile, no matter how small warms my heart.

She comes to stand right in front of me.

“Alright, let’s go.” She comes to stand right in front of me then reaches out her arm and places it in mine.

After the funeral everyone meets back here at my parents house. After about fifteen minutes I’ve lost her.

I ask Maria if she has seen her, nothing. I then spot Serena and asked her as well.

“She went up those stairs about ten minutes ago.”

Upstairs? I wonder where she is? Maybe she went to lie down or something. It was really hard for her at the funeral she went up to the caskets that laid side bye side and fell to the floor on her knees crying hysterically. I had to let her do it; there was nothing that would make her feel better.

I did after about twenty minutes kneel next to her on the floor and she just threw herself at me and asked me to help her up. She was done, she was all cried out. It finally hit her, they were gone, and no goodbye, no I love you just gone.

I head upstairs and I can hear her sniffling coming from my bedroom. She wasn’t staying in there; we had decided that it was best for her to stay in the guest room while I stay in my old bedroom.

I know we’ve slept together and it was much more than sex to me and I know for her too but I still don’t know what she wants from me. I know that I want to be there for her like I am now but I just don’t know where I stand.

I think that I’m being very patient, I just hope that I’m not investing my heart into something that will never be again.

“Liz, honey what are you doing up here?”

“Max, I…I can’t deal with this. Can we just go somewhere, please?” She pleads with me not just in her voice but her face as well.

I know this is not good for her to be depressed, she’s making herself sick. She hasn’t slept or eating anything since she found out a couple of days ago, except for that thirty-minute cat nap before we left for the airport.

“Liz, I will take you anywhere you want but on one condition.”

“What?”

“You eat something, anything, Liz I don’t want you getting sick okay.” I say in a concerned voice.

“But Max I’m not…”

“Hungry? Yeah I know but you need to eat so I’m going to go downstairs and make you some toast. After you finish it we will go anywhere you want.”

“Okay Max, okay.”

I leave here to make my way downstairs. I quickly tell Maria that Liz and I are leaving and head to the kitchen.

After she’s finished eating, I take her hand and lead her downstairs straight out the house but not before we run into Kyle.

“Hi Liz, Max.” I open my mouth to speak but Liz beats me to the punch.

“Kyle what the hell are you doing here?” Wow! What’s with the mood change? Liz doesn’t usually speak that way to anyone unless she’s pissed off. But I can’t imagine what she is so upset about.

“I just wanted to say how sorry I am.”

“Thanks but you can leave now.” Okay something is really wrong, I wonder if it’s because she thinks it will upset me to see him. Surprisingly though it doesn’t.

“Liz what’s wrong?” I ask her because all the sorrow that once adorned her face was replaced with, the only thing that comes to mind is hate.

“Nothing Max, I just don’t want him here.” I nod but I want her to know that if she is kicking him out because of me, that I was okay.
“Liz it’s okay with me.”

“But it’s not for me.” And she storms past Kyle and I straight to the car outside.

“Okay well I guess I’ll just get going.”

“Right Kyle, bye.”

I make my way towards the car and I can see Liz’s facial expression and she looks scared, sad and depressed all at the same time.

Alright I know it has nothing to do with me, but what? I’m getting tired of guessing what’s wrong with her and as much as I don’t want to push her on the subject I need to know.

I open the car door and start the engine.

“Where do you want to go Liz?”

“My parents house.”

TBC… For those of you reading Second Time Around I posted two new parts today as well :wink: Thanks for reading!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 32

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Well I will make this quick...IT'S THE PART YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...I THINK :wink:

Thanks to:

Earth2Mama
roswellluver
NewYorker18
Emz80m
MilesToGo99
LittleHottie510
Smac
SweetieTeeny
linliz68
con angel
frenchkiss70
Ash_maxliz
modelchick
sweetbrowneyes
g7silvers - Hi!
secretgurl
Tinkerbell_Loves_Roswell
lurkers

Chapter 32

Max POV

We arrive at Liz’s parents house and she has still not spoken a word since telling me where to drive.

She is fighting an internal battle and I can’t help her. I just hope she let’s me in.

Heading straight inside with me following close behind her, we enter the living room. But I see her stop and stiffen and then walk towards her old bedroom.

She crosses the room quickly and takes a seat in her windowsill. I stand in the doorway and watch her from a far. Then I hesitantly enter the room and lean up against one of her dressers. She is currently looking away from me but she turns ever so slightly to address me.

“Max there’s something I need to tell you, but you have to let me finish without interrupting me okay?”

“Okay Liz.” If I thought she looked upset before that didn’t even compare to right now. She’s pale and looks like she is carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. I don’t know if I really want to know what she is about to tell me. What could it be? Be careful what you wish for Max.

She nods and turns to look back out the window and begins speaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz POV

How do I tell him? I know he suspects something is going on with the way I treated Kyle. I couldn’t help myself, prior to that moment I didn’t think I would be that upset in seeing him again, but I was. My blood boiled the rage shot straight up my back and out my mouth before I could even think twice.

It’s just that at that moment seeing him again was a physical reminder that because of him Max and I were not together, we didn’t get to share the life we were supposed to have. He was so selfish he knew I was not in the right frame of mind but instead of being a friend he took advantage of the situation, of me.

It’s time though, time for Max to know the whole truth. I just hope that he still feels the same way about me. If not, I am prepared to accept it now, I wasn’t before but we need this, he deserves this…the truth.

I’m ready to start living again not in the past but the present; I can only pray that it will be with him.

I swallow back the lump in my throat and begin retelling the story.

“Max that night I left your room when I…when I told you I thought I was pregnant well I went straight home and took a test, which you know.” I turn and look at him and he nods and slowly walks towards the bed and takes a seat at the edge, so I continue.

“Well what you don’t know is what happened after that point that lead to me sleeping with Kyle.” I take a deep breath because this is turning out to be a lot harder than I could have ever imagined.

“A few minutes after I took the test my bedroom phone rang and I was so sure it was you…but it wasn’t.” I look down I am so ashamed but I can do this. So I tilt my head back in his direction, he is now sitting up straight and I can see his hands gripping the edge, this is hard for him but he needs to know and I need for him to know. I then turn my attention back out the window and continue.

“It was Kyle asking me to go to the party with him because he just got back in town and wanted to see me. I declined at first but then I decided to go. God I wish I would have stuck with my instincts and stayed home. Anyway we get to the party and all I wanted to do was go to you to explain what I was feeling but then he asked me if I was still dating you.”

“And that just made me so sad, I didn’t even know where we stood. I thought we were over, that you wouldn’t forgive me for my hurtful words.”

“So he offered me a drink to help me relax and well you know I never drank before. So the effects were almost instantaneously, he kept offering and before I knew it I was drunk. So drunk I couldn’t even walk straight. I was disoriented and finally realized Kyle wasn’t standing next to me anymore. So I went to find him to take me home, but I tripped instead and he caught me.”

“He said that I should just lie down and I’d feel better. Boy I thought I felt bad up till that point but what happened next topped that by a long one.”

“He takes me to what I believe is his bedroom and to be honest I really don’t remember much of anything after that point. Just that afterwards I felt really sick and stumbled to the bathroom and threw up.”

“After a few minutes I was sitting on the cold tile floor crying so hard because I realized that any chance I had of being with you was gone.”

My heart is breaking, I chance a quick look in his direction but he startles me because he’s now kneeling in from of me. I look down into his eyes and at this moment they are filled with an expression that can only be described as love.

“Liz, tell me.” His voice is demanding yet it holds a softness as well.

“Well he came into the bathroom and the first thing I asked him after I told him I ruined everything was did we use any protection. God, I mean I knew I wasn’t pregnant but I can only imagine what if being with Kyle led to it actually happening, I felt sick. I mean surely if I couldn’t even remember what happened or how for that matter and if he was as drunk as me then he wouldn’t have remembered to use protection right?”

Max POV

Oh god! What does she mean? Of course Kyle was as drunk and they didn’t use protection right? I mean otherwise what the hell was he doing with her in his bedroom? Did she get pregnant? No! She would have told me right?

I think I’m going to be sick, I love her but I don’t know if I can handle what she’s going to tell me. Right now I know she didn’t want to cheat on me, she didn’t want to sleep with Kyle. Hell she doesn’t even remember it clearly.

I don’t know which answer I would prefer to that question.

“Liz just tell me please.” She sighs and starts crying.

I lean back on my heels and stand up to a sit beside her, she crawls into my lap and lays her head back against my chest. I wrap my arms around her and tell her,

“It’s okay Liz, after you tell me I’ll still be here, I’m not going anywhere.” And I meant it.

“Okay…okay.” She calms down her crying to a few sniffles here and there.

“He said yes that he used something.” What?!

“And at the time I didn’t think anything about it you know because I was so upset that it happened and I wasn’t going to tell you Max I just wanted it go away.”

Okay I stopped listening when he said they used something because how the hell if he was as drunk as she says he was did he remember to roll a condom on? I mean he would have had to be as drunk as her to even do that right?

I mean otherwise he…NO! He wouldn’t, I mean they were friends. Her words break me out of my thoughts.

“So anyway I didn’t think about it for a long time until Serena asked me what happened and when I told her she said that if he used a condom then he definitely wasn’t as drunk which means…she said…” She tightens her grip on me and buries her face further into my chest, but I need to know. So I gently tilt her head up and ask the question that I hope I’m wrong about the answer.

“Baby what did he do to you?” She looks me right in the eyes.

“She said…that…if that’s what happened then it could be considered…date…rape.” She looks away from me and starts to cry again.

RAPE! NO! It can’t be…if she didn’t just say it I wouldn’t have even thought that was conceivable. She trusted him and he used her like that. I’m going to find his sorry ass and kill him! He won’t have an opportunity to do this to anyone else. I need to calm down my rage because she is crying hysterically right now and she has to be my number one priority right now.

I just listen to her and I want to cry. It’s taking all of my willpower not to cry but she needs me right now and I will not let her down. What the hell am I talking about? She has dealt with this and the guilt for all this time and I’m the son of a bitch that stayed mad at her, I didn’t even listen to her. What kind of a person does that make me? Not good enough for her that’s what kind.

I pick her up and place her on the bed and she says she’s sorry.

“For what Liz? He took advantage of you and I didn’t protect you, I should have done something…anything. I failed you and I’ll never forgive myself. I should have listened to you Liz, but I was angry and I didn’t even give you a chance. I’m the sorry one Liz.”

“No! Max, you had every right to be angry, I slept with him.”

“Yeah Liz but it was not consensual, he took advantage of you. He knew you weren’t capable of fighting or making a rational decision and he used that against you. It wasn’t your fault.”

“It was Max, I should have went back to you but I chose to go out with him.”

“NO! Do you hear me? It wasn’t your fault Liz, I don’t care what happened he used your trust in him against you and I am going to make sure he never does it again.” I am so enraged, I want to leave her and find him and make him pay.

“Max no just let it go okay, just please Max I want to forget it.” Is she serious? Forget it, how the fuck am I supposed to forget it? How is she?

“Liz he’s a fucking asshole and deserves it, I can’t let him get away with it.”

“Please…please…Max please.” She’s begging me and crying so hard. I need to calm down and so does she. I sit down beside her.

“Promise me you won’t do anything to him.”

“I can’t promise that if we go back to my parents house and he’s there that I won’t. You can’t ask me that.”

“Max I’m asking you to please just don’t go after him.”

“Liz I can’t just do nothing, he hurt you Liz…I hurt you.” Somehow right now I feel like if I beat the shit out of Kyle it will make me feel better because in a way I will be beating on myself as well.

“No Max, you are what kept me alive and happy, you Max my faith in you please don’t let that go.”

“Liz how can you say that? I let you down. I didn’t protect you. I promised you Liz that I would always be there for you, and I wasn’t so how can you still say that?” I ask with tears in my eyes.

“Because Max, I believe in you.”

And with that she leans me back and we silently lay there gently caressing one another until we both fall asleep.

As we lay in silence it dawns on me that yes she may have lied to me and kept the truth from me but she was scared and I can’t continue to blame her, it was in the past and we are not the same people we were back then. Shit happens and we make decisions based on that, however it doesn’t make it right but it doesn’t make it completely wrong either.

I love her…I don’t feel like I deserve her though.

TBC…Monday. For those of you reading Chapter 8 is up for STA. Thanks!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

frenchkiss70
sweetbrowneyes
SweetieTeeny

LittleHottie510
BehrLuver04
Smac
NewYorker18
g7silvers
roswelluver
Earth2Mama
MilesToGo99
Ash_maxliz
foreverdreamer15
con angel
secretgurl

Chapter 33

Liz POV

I wake up to an empty bed. He left just like I knew he would, he’s probably disgusted with me.

I roll back over and hear a crumpling sound. A piece of paper with Max’s handwriting.

Liz,

Went for a walk to where I made the biggest mistake of my life.

-Max

I know where he is but little does he know it’s where I made my biggest mistake. And I fully intend to not repeat it.

I jump out of bed and hurriedly run to the bathroom to freshen up.

Max POV

I needed to get out this morning. I laid there next to her watching her sleeping form and it broke my heart. While I was being so righteousness she was suffering. How stupid could one man be? I will say however I will not make that mistake again. She needs to move on with her life and be happy no matter how hard I want it to be with me.

“Max.” I turn around to see approach me. God give me strength to break her heart…again.

“Hey Liz, how are you doing this morning?” She looks so beautiful. Yeah her eyes are puffy and she looks tired as hell but she still manages a smile that melts my heart, I love her for that. To always smile despite what is going on in her world.

“Better thanks again Max for everything.”

“For what Liz? I didn’t do anything but ruin your life.”

“What are you talking about?” She is slowly closing the gap between us. I need her to stay away if she gets closer I won’t be able to let her go.

“It was all for nothing Liz, I lived without you because of me and all the while you were suffering. Hell I claim to love you but all I’ve ever done is hurt you. You deserve so much better than me Liz.” I tell her truthfully looking right into her eyes. The tears are forming and I hate the fact that I’m the one that is putting them there, but I have to do what is right.

“No Max I need you, I want you, I love you so much don’t you get it. After all this time I still love you and it’s not going to change.” She is making this so hard.

“Liz you are holding onto something that isn’t real. You have put me on this pedestal but I don’t belong there. You need someone that will keep his promises to you, not someone that turns their back on you when you need them the most.”

“Max stop it. We may have had our faults but mine is very clear. I should have told you the truth but because I lied I paid the ultimate price…You.”

She just doesn’t get it; I can’t live with myself saying that I love her after I have already let her down. I just can’t. She will have to deal with that.

Liz POV

He is so stubborn but I can be just as and I will not let him go.

“Max I love you and I want to be with you…” He cuts me off.

“No Liz we can’t. I don’t trust myself with you. I can’t even protect you. Don’t you get it?”

“Max I told you that I believe in you and I meant it.” I try and express to him that my words are true and are not just for the sake of them being said.

“I’m sorry Liz, I love you more than you’ll ever know but I don’t deserve you and you need to take a real good look at the big picture because I don’t want you to resent me five years down the line. Because I know that I will be trying not to disappoint myself and let you down. I’m not ready Liz…I’m just not ready.”

I step closer to him and wrap my arms around his neck standing on my toes. He lifts his hands and wraps them around my waist then runs his hands up my back and cradles my neck in his hands.

He is openly crying to me and I can understand where he is coming from because that was exactly where I was for so long. But I’m not giving up on us; I will make him see that no matter what he is my world and he could never disappoint me.

“Max I can’t loose you, I need you please can we at least still be friends? Just don’t leave me.” I plead with him. Right now I just need something from him…anything.

He pushes back from me a little to look me in the eyes.

“Liz I will never leave you again I promise and I will always be your friend and, I know that I’m sorry will never make up for it but I am truly sorry Liz.”

“I know Max…I know.” We stand here for a long time just holding one another. Comforting each other the only way we can…for now.

Max POV

“Max where are you going?” Shit!

“I um I have to run to the store for my mom, she says she needs some soda we ran out.” I hope she buys my story, it’s weak I know but I have some unfinished business to tend to. After our talk this morning we went back to my parent’s house to get things ready, we are leaving tomorrow and Liz really needed to get some sleep. I was hoping to get out of the house before she woke up, but no such luck.

“Oh well do you want me to go with you?”

“No! I mean no, you need to rest okay, just go lay back down and when I get back I’ll come and get you.” I walk up to her and place a soft kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll be back in a little while.”

“Bye Max.”

“Bye Liz.”

Out of the house finally, now I’m off to find that sorry son of bitch! I know I promised Liz I wouldn’t go after him but it’s one promise I’m afraid I have to break.

I pull up to his parent’s house; I hope he’s still here. I walk up to the door and ring the bell. The second the front door opens and I see his face, I loose it. I bring my fist up and make direct contact with his jaw. He stumbles back and I take that opportunity to enter the house and close the door behind me.

“What the fuck Max?!” He says while rubbing his jaw.

“What the fuck?! You can’t be serious asshole! You have some fucking nerve showing up at my parents house yesterday!” I say through my clenched jaw. I’m so pissed I could kill him right now and wouldn’t feel one ounce of guilt.

“What are you talking about I went there for Liz?”

“That’s it asshole!” I charge him and grab him by the shirt and lift him off the ground and in one swift motion toss him to the wall behind him. He lands on the ground in a loud thump.

“Fuck! What the hell is your problem?!”

“My problem! My problem! Let me see you fucking scumbag! You fucking got Liz drunk then took advantage of her that’s my fucking problem!” He slowing raises to his feet, not a wise decision, and raises his hands in defense.

“No, I didn’t force her to drink and I was drunk as well, so I didn’t do anything she didn’t want to do.”

“Wrong fucking answer asshole!” I take three quick strides and bring my face within an inch of his, and he looks scared. Good!

“Max…look just calm down okay. It was a mistake and…”

“A mistake, well Kyle do you want to explain how the hell it is that you were drunk but managed to remember to put a condom on your fucking small dick?!

“I…I…”

“Wrong answer!” I raise my fist once again connecting harder to his jaw then to his midsection over and over again, he was begging me to stop but I couldn’t. I just couldn’t all I could think of was Liz, and how she suffered because of him, so no I couldn’t stop not until I beat the living shit out of him. Over and over I repeatedly hit him he was laying on the floor now and I stood before him leaning over him, blood pouring from his mouth, but I didn’t give a shit. I kicked him over and over, son of bitch was actually crying.

“Good mother fucker! Cry because it hurts because then you will have a taste of one ounce of the pain you caused Liz!” I knew I should stop but I feel like if I keep going I’ll feel better some how.

“Max…please…stop…” For some reason that plea snapped me back to reality. My breathing was harsh and labored I backed away from him. He was coughing and clenching his mid section and I didn’t feel bad at all. In fact I felt a little better.

“If you ever so much as try to make a phone call to her, speak to her or even say her name, I will come back and finish what I started, know this!” I turned quickly and slammed the front door as I left.

When I arrived back at my parent’s house, Liz was asleep. My angel. I quickly remove my sneakers and lay beside her.

“Max.” She says sleepily.

“Shh, Liz, I’m here just go back to sleep. I’m not leaving.” She rolls over and places her head on my chest. I quickly wrap my arm around her and run my fingers through her hair. I love her so much and I don’t want to lie to her, but I don’t think it’s something she needs to know right now, in the future maybe but not right now.

I lift my head and place a kiss on the top of her head before falling asleep.

Liz POV

2 Weeks Later

Well Serena’s album was completed after we returned from Roswell and it’s set to launch tomorrow.

The final preparations are getting underway this afternoon so I’m headed over to pick up Maria to make the final rounds.

Michael would only agree to it if I went along with Maria. He loves her so much and is going to make a great father.

Your probably wondering about Max and I…well we’re friends. That’s all he says he can give me but that’s bullshit and I refuse to accept it. He’s scared and I understand that. Hell I spent the better part of seven years being scared. We have lost so much time already and I don’t want to waist another minute.

So when Maria came to me after we got back from Roswell she told me about her little plan. I couldn’t believe it, that she was pushing for us.

With Serena and Maria’s help I think we have found a way to get through to him.

I have been so busy since we returned. Mainly just keeping my mind off my parents, but I have so many people around me that care about me so it makes it easier.

I really hope the plan works. I have worked really hard on coming up with something that would get Max to understand me and where I’m coming from. And that no matter how much time passes he is the only one I want.

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Hey I'm back with a new part!! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! I'll be back Saturday!!

Earth2Mama
BehrLuver04

LittleHottie510 – You kill me! Don’t worry our Triple H will be okay!
Dreamer06 – Haha!! Lingerie…I liked that one!
MilesToGo99
SweetieTeeny
Roswellluver
Hoopunipuni
frenchkiss70
Emz80m
Modelchick
Sweetbrowneyes

Lurkers

Chapter 34

Maria POV

I’m headed over to Max’s even though I should already be at the party but he called me ten minutes ago in a panic telling me that he needed me.

So I wobbled my ass out of the car into his house.

“Max?”

“In here Maria.” Calling me from his room. I see the door is cracked so I walk in. I push the door open and I can’t even explain what I see. His entire closet is lying in a pile on top of his bed. And he is standing in front of it with only a pair of boxers.

“What the hell is going on Max?” With a defeated sigh he says,

“Maria thank god! I don’t know what I’m doing.”

“Max what are you talking about? Just put on a shirt and a pair of pants and let’s go.”

“No! I can’t.”

“What do you mean?” I know this has to do with Liz. He hasn’t seen her in a week; he’s been so busy with Michael getting everything ready for the album launch. So I know he’s nervous – just friends? HA! Yeah right!

“Maria this is so hard, a lot harder than I thought it would be. I talk to her everyday and I’m okay with that but I haven’t seen her and I’m scared about all the things I know I’m going to feel when I see her.”

“Max why don’t you just take the chance and be with her already? I know you feel conflicted. But she loves you Max, she waited for you and you for her, I really don’t see the problem.”

Maybe I can try and put our little plan into motion a little sooner than expected.

“What are you saying? Just ask her to take me back? What if I mess up Maria? What if I let her down again? What if I loose her for good?” He throws himself on top of the bed letting out a long drawn out sigh.

“Max you have waited so long for her and yeah I’m not saying that you won’t mess up or even let her down or that she won’t either but you make sacrifices when you love someone. You have to accept someone’s achievements along with his or her shortcomings. Life isn’t perfect just because you want it to be or even because that’s the way you envisioned it. I just know that you are both miserable without each other.”

“But what happens if we go down that road and it happens again and we can never go back? Then what? What if we end up in the same place?”

“You’ll never know until you try Max. What happens if you never try again, have you thought about that?”

“I keep her forever in my life that’s what.”

“Listen to yourself Max, you know what you and Liz could be. Are you seriously willing to trade that to be just friends?” That should get his attention…I hope. We need to get the hell out of here already.

He looks up at me from his position on the bed and says,

“No.” Thought so!

“Okay then get your sexy ass off the bed and get dressed and let’s go already. And Max I’m not saying you have to do anything about it right now but just think about it okay?”

“Okay Maria, thanks.”

“Do you want me to wait for you?”

“Nah I’ll be out of here in ten minutes so I’ll meet you there.”

“Bye sexy.” I wink at him before I walk out his bedroom and she just shakes his head and laughs.

“Bye Maria.”

Okay so sue me. I decided not to butt in. I will let Liz carry out her plan after all.

Wow! Did I just decide to mind my own business? That’s a first too bad I can’t share it with anyone. Oh well I’ll get over it besides I would give anything to see Max’s face when the plan goes into effect.

Liz POV

I wonder where Max is and Maria for that matter, they should have been here by now.

Serena is doing the meet and greet right now so I’m sitting at the bar…not drinking that’s for sure. I’m definitely done with it forever. Had to learn my lesson the hard way.

Oh! There’s Maria, I get up from my seat…but no Max. I sit back down and slump my shoulders a bit. Maybe he doesn’t want to see me. It figures.

“Hey Liz, what’s going on?”

“Oh nothing Maria is he coming?” Desperate much?

“Yes he’ll be here in like twenty minutes or so. He was having some issues.” She laughs.

“What issues.”

“Oh he couldn’t decide what to wear.”

I looked at her seriously then we started to laugh out loud. I wish I was there to see it. My imagination is going to have to be enough in this instance however, thank goodness for a great imagination.

We are sitting here for a few minutes and I’m really not feeling well. I haven’t eaten anything so that’s not helping either.

“Liz are you okay?”

“Oh yeah I’m just hungry, I’m going to get something to eat, and I’ll be right back.” I make my way over to the food and grab myself a plate and after filling it I head back towards Maria, that’s when I see that Max has arrived.

He casually walks over to us, and I take my seat beside Maria.

“Hi Liz, Maria.” He leans over and kisses my cheek then Maria’s. How sweet!

“Hi Max.” We both say in unison.

“Oh good Liz you need to sit down and eat.” Maria says to me.

“Why what’s wrong Liz? Are you okay?” He asks me with a concerned look on his face.

“Yeah Max I’m just not feeling good because I haven’t eaten anything all day.”

“Liz you can’t do that you are tiny enough as it is you’ll make yourself really sick.” The statement was more to show his concern instead of being said to reprimand me.

“I know Max, I’m eating now. Don’t worry I’ll be okay.” I say in a teasing and playful voice. But he is serious.

“I can’t help it…I just do.”

“I know Max.” We smile and I begin eating.

“Liz, I’ll be right back okay? I have to find Michael.”

“Sure Max take your time, you’ll know where I’ll be.”

He gets up and heads into the crowd of people to look for Michael.

After I finish eating I feel a little better and I’m talking to Maria about the nursery they just remodeled one of their rooms for. Also to find out how the pregnancy is going.

“Doing good and we are now working on the theme for the nursery.”

“Really? Do you know what the baby is yet?”

“No at first I didn’t want to know but now as we get closer and closer I want to know so we have a doctors appointment the day after tomorrow and we’re going to find out then.”

“Wow! That’s great Maria, you’re going to be a great mom.” I tell her sincerely.

“Thanks Liz, but you know you’ll be an even better aunt.”

“Aunt?” She just gets up and winks at me right before she walks away. Weird.

The party is winding down and my stomach is doing summersaults. I get up from the table and head into the restrooms and splash my face with cold water. I grab some paper towels to dry my face and hands with but now I have this sudden urge to throw up?

Oh yeah that’s right! I run into one of the stall and empty my stomach.

After about five minutes I try and stand but it just makes me feel worse. I feel hot and sweaty. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. So I just decide I will sit on the floor inside the stall and try and wait it out.

I don’t know how long I was in here for but it must have been a while because I heard the music stop right before everything went black.

Max POV

“Where’s Liz?” Serena asks the question that’s on my mind as well. I look over to the table she was seated at but she’s not there.

The party cleared out about twenty minutes ago and the cleaning crew has just arrived.

“Maria have you seen Liz?”

“No when I left her she was eating at the table over there.”

“Well she’s gone now.”

“I’ll go check the restrooms maybe she just went in there or something.”

“Okay Maria.”

“I’ll check to make sure she didn’t leave. I’ll be right back, just going to see if her car is still there, I know she wasn’t feeling well.”

“Alright Serena, I’ll just wait here.”

“Hey Max, what’s going on?” Michael approaches me from behind and puts his arm on my shoulder.

“We can’t find Liz.” I say hurriedly. I’m really worried she wouldn’t have left without saying goodbye right?

“What do you man you can’t…” He never gets to finish that sentence.

“MAX! Come here quick!” Both Michael and I hear Maria screaming and head for the woman’s restroom.

We run through the door but my heart stops at what I see.

Maria is sitting on the floor with Liz’s head in her lap. Maria is crying.

“Max…she won’t wake up.”

I run over to her and kneel down next to Liz.

“Liz, baby wake up. LIZ!”

“What’s wrong with her Max?”

“I don’t know Maria.” Just then Serena bursts through the door.

“Liz! What’s wrong with her?”

“We don’t know but we need to get her to a hospital right now.” Michael cuts in.

God I can’t loose her…not now.

I pick her up and quickly carry her through the club out the front doors into the back seat of my Jeep. Michael hops in the drivers seat while Maria and Serena take Michael’s truck to follow behind us.

I’m in the back seat with her and she’s still not responding, she breathing but not responding to me. I try again.

“Liz, please wake up.” I am in tears now. I can’t control them.

“M…max, w…what happened?” She says just above a whisper.

“Oh Liz thank god, what is the last thing you remember?”

“I don’t know what happened I was throwing up then I felt hot then I guess I passed out.”

“Okay well we’re going to the hospital and they will check you out.” She nods and I proceed to rub my hands through her hair and gently lean in and press light kisses on her forehead.

I was so terrified that she wouldn’t wake up. I don’t think I have ever felt that terrified in my whole life then when I walked into that bathroom and saw her lying there.

She’s in with the doctors now, they are checking to see if they can tell what happened to cause her to black out like that.

“Mr. Evans.” I immediately rise from my seat to address the doctor.

“Ms. Parker would like to see you now.”

“Is she okay?”

“It might be better for you to speak with Ms. Parker.”

I turn to look at Maria, Serena and Michael. They have the look of anxiety on their faces. What the hell is going on?

“I’ll be right back.” They all just nod.

“She’s in room 220 right down the hall to your left.”

“Thank you.”

I head down the hall to Liz’s room and there are so many emotions running through me. The main one however is relief. Obviously she’s okay if she wants to see me right? But what if it’s something bad and she wants to prepare me?

Be strong Max, you can’t let her down no matter what.

I knock on her door and I hear her sweet voice,

“Come in.”

I open the door and see her lying there with all sorts of tubes hooked up to her and I’m back to being terrified.

“Liz are you okay?”

“Max come in and sit down.” She pats one side of her bed for me. I cross the room and take a seat to wait for her to start talking.

“Max, there’s something I have to tell you and I don’t know how except to just tell you.” I can’t read the expression on her face at all.

“Okay Liz.” My heart is in my throat. Is it good or bad?

She takes my hand and places her small one around it…this is it.

She takes a deep breath and lets it out quickly before she begins.

“Max I…”

TBC...
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

NewYorker18
Sweetbrowneyes

LittleHottie510
Smac
RoswellFreak
Hoopunipuni
MilesToGo99
g7silvers
Dreamer06
SweetieTeeny
Emz80m

nayney
roswelluver
frenchkiss70
sydneymorgan

con angel - You know what I just realized? You were the very 1st person to post after I posted this story! Thanks for the continued support!!
Ash_maxliz
Earth2Mama
Modelchick
linliz68
lurkers

Here you go....

Chapter 35

Max POV

“I am going to have your baby.”

Okay I must be delusional because I could have sworn she said she’s going to have my…

“Baby?” She nods and gives me a big smile.

“Yes Max, I’m six weeks pregnant, you’re going to be a daddy.” She says with an even bigger smile and tears are brimming her eyes.

I don’t have words to describe the happiness I feel right at this moment.

“Liz I love you.” And with that I lay down next to her and hold her tightly.

“I was so scared that something was wrong with you.”

“No Max, I’m sorry to make you worry. The doctor said that I was dehydrated because I haven’t been eating or drinking properly.”

“Which you need to start doing. We want a healthy baby and mommy.” I kid with her but she’s silent. I chance a look at her; she has a look of awe.

“I’m going to be a mommy?” She says like it’s the first time she’s actually thought about it that way.

“Yes you are Liz and you’re going to be a great mom.” I tell her truthfully.

“And you’re going to be a great dad.” I just smile at her and kiss her gently on the lips.

Liz POV

We lay here in the hospital bed for a few minutes before we hear a knock at the door.

“Liz?” Serena peaks her head in.

“Serena, Maria, Michael, come in, come in.” I’m so happy right now. Max shifts on the bed and sits up.

“Are you okay?” Serena comes to my side of the bed she looks worried.

“Yes I’m more than okay, I’m pregnant!” There I go with a big goofy grin on my face…I look to Max, yup he has one too!

“Pregnant? Wow! I mean congratulations.”

“Thanks Sere.”

“I’m so happy for you guys.”

“Thanks Michael.”

Oh no! It’s Maria’s turn I wonder how she will react. She looks a bit…I don’t know…oh well now I do…she’s crying. She slowly walks towards Max.

“Max, you’re going to be a daddy?”

“Yes I am Maria.” She lunges at him and they embrace one another.

“I’m so happy for the both of you.”

“Thank you.”

The doctor walks in, “Okay guys Ms. Parker needs her rest.” Max extracts himself from the bed to address the doctor.

“When can she go home?”

“She will be released tomorrow so long as she promises to take better care of herself.” He poignantly looks at me.

“I will don’t worry about that.” I tell him seriously.

“Okay then I guess we will leave and see you tomorrow Liz.”

“Okay Sere. Bye Maria, Michael.”

“Bye take care Liz, we’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Okay guys.”

“Max are you coming?”

“Yeah Maria I just want a few more minutes.”

“Alright we’ll I’ll see you tomorrow, we have a meeting at two.”

“I remember, I’ll be by to pick you up after I bring Liz home.”

“Okay love you both.”

“Love you to Maria.” We both tell her.

After they leave Max comes back over to me and says,

“Liz I’m so glad you’re alright.”

“Max how do you feel? You know about the baby?”

“Liz you couldn’t have made me happier. I’ll be by tomorrow morning to get you okay and call me if you need anything.”

“Okay Max I will.”

He kisses me goodbye and I lie back down against the pillows.

Well these are the things I know. Max is happy about the baby, which makes me happy.

I know that he loves me and I love him. But what I don’t know is where we are. I still plan on changing that status really soon…next week in fact.

Max POV

I cannot sleep even though I’m tired as hell. Liz is pregnant and I’m going to be a father.

All I ever wanted was to be with her and have a family with her. Now the only problem is that we are going to make a family but we’re not together.

I will be honest I have so much more at stake if I make a mistake, it won’t just be Liz and I, it will be our baby as well.

Liz is my life and we created another more precious life together, a piece of her and me and that’s simply amazing.

Now what I need to do is take that final step and start living my life through my heart instead of my mind.

I picked Liz up at the hospital and I brought her home, she said she wanted to talk to me. I told her that I know we need to talk but I just need to get past this week. Serena’s first show is coming up at the end of the week and that I wanted to give her my undivided attention. Because if we sat down right now I know for a fact my cell phone would not stop ringing.

She agreed with me because although we both know we want to be together neither of us has taken that step to really move forward and form a real relationship.

Although I am terrified of the unknown, I keep thinking about what Maria said, are you willing to give up what you and Liz could be just to be friends? My answer to that was no but now it’s more like hell no!

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Chapter 36

Maria POV

“Max? Where are you?”

“Back here Maria.” He’s in the kitchen…figures!

“Max come on we need to get going and Michael is already there but since he doesn’t like me driving very far on my own I get stuck waiting for you.”

“Did you call Liz?”

“Yeah she and Serena are riding up together.”

“Okay are you ready now?”

“Yeah I just have to run to my room real quick and grab something.”

“Cause you know it’s like a two hour drive and I am pregnant.” I say sarcastically. Funny cause I don’t think I was always like this, this pregnancy is kicking my ass.

“Yes Maria I know, don’t worry we will be there on time.”

“Good because how would it look if Serena’s manager didn’t show up to her first performance?” Yeah right who am I kidding, we have plans my dear friend and if we are late it will ruin them.

He runs back to his room and comes back quickly and stands in front of me. What the hell did he grab?

“Alright, let’s get going.” My thoughts exactly.

Serena POV

“Liz are you okay?”

“Yeah Sere I’m good just nervous as hell.”

“I know Liz, but can I ask you something?

“Yeah of course you can.” She looks me in the eyes and smiles. I truly adore her.

“Well I know you love Max and he loves you and your going to have his baby so no matter what you’re lives will always be together…”

“I’m sensing a but.” She knows me too well.

“But, and please don’t get mad. How do you know that when you sit down and talk to him that he will want to be with you?”

“Don’t get me wrong, I have no doubt that he will be there for you and the baby but Liz what if he doesn’t want anything more?”

“Sere, I know all of these things but I know Max and I believe that he wants to be with me and maybe even one day marry me.”

“Are you sure it’s not just hope Liz? I mean what if you guys talk and he only wants to remain friends, because he’s scared that things might turn out the same but now there will be a child involved you know? I’m not in the situation but I still think about it.”

“I know what you mean, I have faith that our lives met up with each other again to become what we were always supposed to be.”

“What’s that?”

“The love of each other’s life. See Serena, even though we weren’t together physically for seven years, he still lives in my heart and I in his.”

“Liz come on! Be realistic, what if Max says he will be a father to the baby but only friends with you? What will you do?”

“I will be friends with Max but Serena there is a reason I’m having his baby.” She says with a twinkle in her eyes. She’s going to be a great mom.

“Yeah and what’s that?” This I have to hear this one.

“Well if we were just friends then maybe we would have slept together once, but not twice. Besides that both times it was not sex in anyway, we made love and created our baby and Max does not take that lightly.” Well she knows him best, I guess.

“Yeah well when it comes to you, I will agree that Max does not take things lightly. You know I didn’t say those things to hurt you, I just don’t want you to end up where you were at a couple of months ago.”

“I know Sere, that’s why doing this will prove to Max that I have faith in him and that things will be okay if we go down that road together.”

Liz POV

Okay I won’t lie I’m so nervous. I feel sick and it’s not the baby this time.

All of the things Serena spoke about I have thought about this whole week, ever since I told Max.

But I can’t loose him he is my whole life and tonight I will prove to him that I want to be with him and that I don’t hate or resent him in anyway. I still take the blame for all of it, but whenever I apologize Max won’t let me. I love him all the more for it.

Max POV

We are in the car for about an hour talking about useless information but I have things, important things on my mind. And I really need Maria’s advice right now.

“Maria, can I ask you something?”

“Of course Max you know you can ask me anything.” Yeah I can and she won’t lie to me that’s a great thing to have in a friend. Sometimes you don’t want to hear the answer but at least you know it’s all true.

“How do you feel about Liz being pregnant? I mean you weren’t exactly her biggest fan when she came back but I think you guys are on track…am I wrong?” I need to know her answer, not that it will affect my decision but just so I can be prepared to handle her.

“You right Max, when she first came back I was tough on her because I didn’t think she deserved you.”

“And now?” She turns slightly in her seat to address me.

“And now, I couldn’t be happier Max, she is the best thing for you and she’s carrying your baby, my niece or nephew. Max she loves you move than I have ever seen anyone love another person. I mean I love Michael and he loves me but the way you guys love each other so openly just blows me away.”

“Max when you told me what really happened between her and Kyle. I was devastated to think she went though all that alone. I was supposed to be her friend too but I let her down. She has forgiven me in fact she doesn’t even resent me in anyway, I feel more hurt than she does about it. So I completely understand where you are coming from in thinking she deserves so much more, but in reality you, Michael, Serena and I, are who she wants Max. I can only be thankful for her heart Max, she is the most selfless person I know and I admire her for that.”

“She is the only person in this world that makes you happy and Liz Parker will always love Max Evans.” She says with a bright smile. Bringing me back to so many years ago…the day I found her pink notebook and it brings a giddy smile to my face.

She’s right; sometimes I need my best friend to bring things into prospective. I know all of those things but I want Liz to be 100 percent happy and not settle for me.

“Thanks Maria, for everything. You have always been there fore me my whole life I can only hope I have been what you are to me.”

“Max you are my best friend, my brother and you have always been there and never let me down. But no one is perfect just remember that…no one.” I know exactly what she’s getting at.

“Besides you know what?”

“What?” Here come the riddles. She always makes me smile though.

“Ms. Parker isn’t looking for Mr. Perfect…she’s looking for Mr. Evans.” I have to laugh at that one. We continue down the road laughing about that one.

“Thanks.”

“Anytime.” She winks and me and throws me her biggest smile. It lights up her whole face. I love her and she’s going to be a great mom.

TBC…
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Hi Guys! Well I am posting just a little early but I figured you wouldn't mind :D Unfortunately this story is over...I did write an Epilogue if you want to read it, I'll post it. I just want to thank all of you for reading and supporting this story from the beginning, and of course those of you who picked it up in the middle or even towards the end, it has meant alot mainly because this is my very first attempt at writing anything! So thank you. Now I hope I don't disappoint any of you...but I'm happy with it soo... I'm a stop babbling

oh..just a lil' side note to Con Angel: I could never forget the first one :wink:

Okay...I'm done ~lol~...

Chapter 37

Liz POV

We arrive at the venue and the stage is beautiful. It’s on a black platform and there are silk drapes that are hanging from the rafters forming the backdrop of the stage. The colors are so vibrant, pinks, purples, blues and yellows. And on the big screen directly behind the stage is “Serena” in a rainbow of colors. I’m so happy for her right now and proud…very proud. I knew she would make it.

Serena is back stage she is so nervous but excited she has waited so long for this dream and it will come true tonight.

I hope mine does as well. I need to get ready; I only have about a half an hour left.

Max POV

After helping Maria out of the car, I head inside with her to find Michael.

“Hey Maxwell what’s going on? How was the ride? Did Maria drive you crazy?”

“No man it was good, look do you have a second to talk?”

“Sure just give me a minute.”

“Okay.”

I need to just get a male prospective for one second on the situation. I hope he can help.

Michael POV

Max has been driving himself crazy thinking if he would just take two seconds and look a the big picture he would see that they need to be together. Maybe I can shed some light on the situation.

“Okay Max, what’s up?”

“Well you know about Liz and I already right?” I nod, how could I not? I am married to Maria after all.

“Well I mean how…I mean what do you think?” Here’s my chance.

“Okay Max, here’s the no bullshit version. You love her right?” He nods.

“Do you trust her?”

“With my life and the life of my unborn child.” That’s what I figured.

“You are going to have a baby now, I know you’re excited about that, but Max stop analyzing things.”

“Sometimes you need to accept things for what they are. And just be happy because lord knows you both deserve it.”

“But Michael what if it doesn’t work out?”

“If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. Nothing is a guarantee but think of all the good times you would miss out on those I can guarantee are worth it Max. The unknown is scary I know it but you already know what you want; now you just have to go after it.”

“And if things don’t last forever, at least you can say you tried. But Max don’t give up the battle before the fight.” Aha! Something clicked inside of Mr. Stubborn.

“You are so right Michael why didn’t I see it sooner?”

“Because you’re stubborn as hell.” I slap him on the back.

“Yeah.”

“But I’m sure Liz can work her magic and correct the problem.” I smirk at him and I get a return slap on my back.

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” He walks away with all the confidence needed to do what I think he’s going to do. Good for him, it’s about damn time.

That went better than I expected, he didn’t freak out or anything. I mean after being friends with Maria for so long her habits tend to grow on you.

Well I hope Max is ready for his surprise in about five minutes.

Liz POV

“Liz how are you girlfriend?” I didn’t realize how much I missed that word. To know I have Maria’s support feels so good.

“I’m actually great. I want to get it over with but I’m so excited right now. Where is he?”

“Oh don’t worry your pretty little head, he’ll be where he needs to be. Now I have to go and waddle my way up onto the stage. See you in a few and good luck, not that you need it.” She puts her arms around me in a tight hug.

“Thanks Maria.”

“Sure thing.”

Okay I am ready to do this; I take one last look in the full-length mirror. I am wearing a long strapless floor length baby blue colored dress. It was the only one I could find that I liked and that fit my mid section. Not that I was huge but I’m smaller body wise than Maria, so a little change makes a big difference.

I left my hair loose but it’s wavy and cascades around my shoulders. I give my belly a quick rub. “Well baby here goes mommy’s big surprise for daddy.”

'This is it Liz'...again.

Max POV

I am currently at the side of stage, waiting to see Maria up on stage. But to my surprise I hear her call me, I turn around and she’s approaching me.

“Max!”

“Yes Maria, must you shout?”

“Michael needs you up front.”

“No Maria, I’m supposed to be back here.”

“Maaaxxx He just sent me over here to get you.” Must she whine, god I love her but my emotions are running high. It is taking every ounce of energy not to go back stage and find Liz.

“Okay Maria, I’m going.”

“Good.” I look back at her, what is she up to?
I walk to the front of the stage where Michael is currently standing. There is a metal gate that is holding back the fans. So right now I am between the front of the stage and the gate standing next to Michael.

“Hey Michael, Maria said…”

“Shhhh, it’s about to start.” Okay, whatever.

Just then everything goes black and the spotlight is pointed at Maria, who is now center stage.

“Ladies and Gentlemen…” She starts her usually opener. I lean in to tell Michael something but then I really start to pay attention to what Maria is saying.

“…and tonight we have a special surprise for you. This woman has an amazing voice and I’m proud to call her my friend. Most of you know her as a songwriter but tonight as a special treat she will sing for the first time and probably the only time ever. So please give a warm welcome to…Liz Parker.” What?!

I haven’t torn my eyes away from the stage since Maria finished talking but then I see movement from the side of the stage.

Oh my God! She walks onto the stage and she looks so beautiful. I don’t know how it’s possible for her to look even more breathtaking but she does and she’s carrying our baby. I have to smile at her, she looking right at me now.

I can’t believe she’s going to do what I think she’s going to do. She raises the microphone to her mouth.

“I just wanted to say one thing before I begin. Sometimes life turns out so unexpectedly. You can’t change the past but you can learn from it and become someone you never thought you could be. “

“I stopped writing a while ago because I just gave up because things were not going the way I planned them to. But in reality I didn’t just give up on my writing, I gave up my faith, hope and love. I stopped living and hid behind my secrets and pain, because I believed that, that’s what I deserved.”

“But I’ve been lucky in life to have friends that see me through it all good and bad. And I’m even luckier to have the love of a man, a man who would give up his life for me, to make me happy.”

“I have loved him for so long, I don’t know how not to. So Max, this is for you because above everything else, I will always believe in your love for me. “

I have tears in my eyes. I can see Maria and Serena at the side of the stage and they are already crying. Michael lifts his hand to give my shoulder a tight squeeze and I bring my attention back to my angel…and she begins.

You breathe and life begins
You speak and my world makes sense,
That's how it is when it comes to you

Your mercy has no end
You're more than just a friend
It amazes me
You feel the way you do

I hear her sing and it just blows me away. She sounds amazing.

I believe in you
And nothin’ less
I believe in you
Can't help myself
You're all the hope,
The reason that I need

I believe in you
Just because,
I don't need no one, to prove your love
For all that I have seen, it's easier for me
To believe in you

She presses her palm against her tummy and I know what her gestures mean. She’s singing this for us for our family. She wants me to believe her words and I do even before this I believed her.

You are so beautiful
You are the miracle,
That dries the tears,
Heals a wounded a heart
And it's so clear to see
Your hand in everything
You are there for me,
there to see me through

I believe in you
And nothin' less
I believe in you
Can't help myself
You're all the hope,
The reason that I need

I believe in you
Just because,
I don't need no one,
To prove your love
For all that I have
Seen, it's easier for me
To believe in you

Through the fire and
Through the rain
I know your love, for me, will never ever change

God, how I love her and when she’s done I will tell and show her as much for as long as she’ll have me.

I believe in you and nothin' less
I believe in you
Can't help myself
You're all the hope,
The reason that I need

I believe in you just because,
to believe in you

She’s staring right at me, I am entranced by her voice and I know the tears are falling freely from my eyes as they are falling from hers right now.

And nothin' less.
I believe in you
Can't help myself.
You're all the hope, the reason that I need

I believe in you just because,

To believe in you

When she’s done she’s crying harder and I can’t help it I run to the side of the stage and meet her as she walks off.

“Liz. I love you so much and I want to be with you forever. I am so sorry to put you through that; I just didn’t want to hurt you again. But I need you Liz, I have never loved anyone and will never love anyone the way I love you.” I profess to her.

“Max, I love you too and I just wanted you to see that I would do anything to be with you.”

“I know Liz, I know.” And because I can’t take not touching her, I wrap my arms around her and lift her off the stairs and kiss her.

“God I love you and I want to be with you Liz so much…will you forgive me and take me back?”

“Max there is nothing to forgive you for, we are past that Max. But to answer your question…YES!” I lift her up and twirl her in the air and let her body slide down my own and grab her lips for a much needed kiss.

Pulling away I look down upon her and that one word has brought something else to my mind. Besides the overjoyed and happiness I am feeling there is something that is missing, something that would make this moment complete.

I reach into my pocket and pull out the box I put there earlier today when Maria came to pick me up.

I let her go and bend down on one knee. I look up into her beautiful face and she is speechless, I know she wasn’t expecting this…but I was. Yeah I was scared before I wasn’t sure if we could do this or that things could turn out differently. But seeing her on the stage, singing I realized that we are both different people now and know what we want out of life. And that’s to be with each other for as long as possible.

“Liz, you mean the world to me you are everything I could ever want in another person, you make me laugh, cry you invoke emotions I sometimes don’t want to deal with but I do for you because I love you.”

“I know what it’s like to live without you Liz for a long time and I know the joy of being with you and I know I can’t be without you again. I can survive without you Liz but I can’t live without you in my life.”

“You are going to be the mother of my child and I cannot express in words how that makes me feel. I am so proud of you and you are by far the strongest person I have ever known and I know that you will be a great mother.”

“I know that we have had bad times Liz and we went through a point where I didn’t trust you but I know now that I was wrong to ever doubt you, our love. We have made mistakes and I can’t guarantee that we won’t make plenty more but I do know that whatever happens I will never leave you and we will get through them together.”

“I need to be with you Liz, I need to love you and I need to ask you just one question.”

“Max…” She just nods her tears overcome her and she cannot find her voice but that’s okay, I’ve got this one covered.

“Liz Parker, I won’t ask you to make me the happiest man on earth because I already am.” I look up into her beautiful face, she’s smiling and the tears are freely falling from her eyes.

“Will you be my wife and love me forever?” I open the box and remove the ring I bought her many years ago. I never got rid of it, I couldn’t and I am so thankful I wasn’t able to. It was a platinum band with a two and a half carat princess cut diamond in the center and on either side were two smaller square diamonds. I saved for almost three years working at my dad’s law firm to pay for this beauty and it was well worth it, to see the look on her face.

“Yes Max! Yes, Yes! I will marry you and love you forever.” Her face it lit up right now with a smile so bright it could light up the sky.

I slowly reach for her left hand and slide the ring onto her finger.

“It’s so beautiful Max.”

“Just like you.” I tell her and slowly rise from my position and lean in to kiss her passionately. Taking my time to familiarize myself with her taste, her scent…Liz.

“Max?” She pulls away briefly. She looks…confused.

“Yeah?”

“Is this…I mean, I know this is a silly question but I just wondered if it’s the one you were…” I halt her question with my answer.

“Yes Liz, it’s yours the one I bought for you all those years ago. I couldn’t get rid of it Liz. I hope…I mean do you not want it? Does it upset you or something?” Okay maybe keeping the ring wasn’t such a good idea.

“NO! Max I love it…it means so much to me that it was always mine. I mean it was the one you originally were going to propose to me with and that makes it even more special. Thank you.”

“Welcome, now come here and let’s finish what we started.” I take her in my arms again and lift her body against mine and begin kissing her, savoring each moment with her. Etching it into my memory.

“Let’s go home Max.” She pulls away breathlessly.

“I’m already home Liz…I’m already home.” I take her hand and we head into the world as we should have so many years ago….Together.

THE END

I'll post the Epilogue on Thursday!

ETA: The song used is called: I Believe In You by Leann Rimes (album I Need You)
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Epilogue

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Epilogue

Liz POV

"Liz honey would you please put that down?"

"Max it's okay, I'm not going to break if I carry this box of stuffed animals." I'm starting to get a little annoyed already. I know he's concerned but still.

"Liiz."

"Fine Max." I drop the box on the floor in front of me.

"There are you happy now?" I say placing my hands on my hips for emphasis.

"Yes very." He moves to stand in front of me picking up the box and places a soft kiss on my lips. It's so hard to stay angry at him when he's so sweet and good to me.

I didn't think it was possible to love him more than I did two years ago, what am I talking about two years ago, I meant to say all of these years. But I do, I can honestly say that I love him a little more everyday.

He has kept his promises to me, not that I ever had a doubt he wouldn't.

He is always there for us whenever we need him. Although at first he was terrified and so was I, I can admit that now, we have made it through good and bad times and came out on the end together, and I couldn't ask for more than that.

I have also made it a point to keep my promise to him, to never lie or keep a secret. Good or bad he deserves to know. I have learned that it's not just my decision and what I do affects us both. I didn't learn that overnight but with Max's help I finally have.

I guess I should fill you in on what's been going on in the lives of the Evans’.

Well let's see, I'll start two months after Serena's performance, mine as well. By the way it was the first and last time I did that.

Max didn't want to wait any longer to get married than two months and to be honest neither could I. We had already spent so much time apart and we were more than happy with our decision.

We had a very small wedding in Roswell. We both decided that's where we wanted it to be. Up until then Roswell held a lot of bad memories and we wanted to make new ones together so that was our opportunity.

It was a very hard day for me; I would have loved if my parents could have been there. My father to walk me down the aisle and my mom to help me get dressed. But Max told me that even though I can't see them, he knew they wouldn't miss it for the world.

One of the happiest moments of my life was the day I married Max. It was all I ever wanted and dreamed about when I was a little girl and more. I never thought the love of a man could complete me so but he has.

I have become the person I was always supposed to be and I now know that I could survive on my own but it doesn't compare to the living I do with him and our children.

Two months after our wedding, Maria and Michael welcomed; Jacob Maxwell Guerin. I know that I don't even have to tell you where the middle name came from...after all this is Maria we are talking about.

I can still remember that day, because Max was so awed by the experience of holding baby Jacob that he turned his teary eyes towards me in the hospital room and said, "I can't wait to experience this more than once." And then proceed to give me his infamous smile and wink.

At the time I thought he was crazy after all I didn't even give birth yet and he was already talking about having more. So I told him, "We'll see Max...We'll see."

Six months later we were blessed with the most beautiful baby girl; Alexis Marie Evans. She was a perfect split of Max and I. From the moment he saw her, she was her fathers baby girl and still is. He spoils her to death sometimes.

However, some days she plays runner up in that department when it comes to her little brother; Ryan Christopher Evans. He was born about one year after Alexis. Yeah we were busy newlyweds weren't we?

Anyway...they can't get enough of their father and if I do say so myself, they love their mom just as much. Okay, okay...I'll admit it already, I spoil them rotten too. I can't help it.

"Liz, we're done you can come back now and take a look." Max yells from the back room.

That's my cue, gotta go see the new nursery.

Yeah that's right we are working on number three...two more months and she will be here, Max and I still haven't picked out a name for her, mainly because we originally thought she was going to be a he, but we couldn't be happier. I know I can't wait but Max is a whole other story, he's more excited than me if that's even possible. God I love him.

If you had asked me three years ago where I thought I would be the answer was simple; single, alone and unhappy. Probably still sulking in my misery. Now though the answer is different. It's so much more than any words can describe but I can tell you what I have; The love of a man who would bring the world to my feet if I only asked. Who loves me unconditionally, and has and will always stand by my side no matter what. I have my children, our children, who fill my days and nights with joy, more joy then I think I even deserve sometimes, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I asked Max on our wedding day when he decided he could take that chance again and trust me. His answer surprised me to say the least,

“Liz to be honest with you and to myself, I realized that first time we slept together after all those years. When I saw you in that bar with your head down and later on when I asked you what was upsetting you so much and you looked up at me you were so scared. I knew there was something more that I didn’t know.”

“Liz, I spent so much time trying to forget you, but I couldn’t and when you where there in front me asking me to stay I knew it didn’t matter. We both made mistakes, Liz I blamed you for running away; leaving me without a word, but that was a sorry excuse for me to have not tried either. I claimed to love you but I didn’t even try to fight for you, I gave up.”

“I understand now that we were young and we made mistakes, and even though we can’t go back, I’m not so sure I would want to if we could.”

“Why not Max, then we would have been together all these years.”

“Maybe yes and maybe no. Liz we were seventeen, we didn’t know shit about the world and what it really took to make a relationship. I have no doubts that we would have loved each other but would that have been enough to keep us going? I thought about it a lot and we weren’t mature enough, I mean look how we handled the pregnancy scare.”

“I know Max but I left you, I ran away without even telling you that I wasn’t pregnant, how can you just wipe it away like it never happened?”

“It’s not that it never happened but that was so long ago and I harbored all this pain for so long, but it’s funny that as soon as I released it that day in the studio, I honestly felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Yeah it hurt but I knew somewhere in the back of my mind it was for a reason that we met up again, it was our last chance to see what we could become, and when push came to shove I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to love you again and to be with you”

“Thank you Max.”

“For what Liz?”

“For having faith even when I thought there was nothing to have faith in or to believe in.”

“I love you Liz, I always have and nothing will ever change that…Ever.”

“I love you Max, I will love you forever.”

My life isn't perfect, far from it, but with Max by my side, it's as close to being perfect anyone could ever hope to get. The best thing of all though is that I, Elizabeth Evans am finally happy and complete.

The End...for real this time lol!
Last edited by Behrsgirl77 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.