When the heck IS Max's birthday anyway? The Roscanon thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

Tess led Max to it.
Absence of proof is not proof of absence
Elf3748
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Elf3748 »

Really? Was it when they found the book too? x___x
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

Yes, IIRC.
Shinigami
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Shinigami »

Candy: Michael and Maria -> M & M -> Candy
Stargazer: Alex and Isabel loved to stargaze
lamptrimmer: some buddhist saying kyle quoted to tess
dreamer: no idea
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote: Oh, and I have a question. You know how there was the handprint open the cave? Well, could all aliens open it, or just Max? I'm pretty sure all the aliens (meaning Tess, Michael, Max, and Isabel) could open it, but I can't quite remember.... :roll:
I'm pretty certain all aliens could open it, being as Isabel was the one to discover the Granilith (wasn't she?) and she was alone. I can't remember what episode this was, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it went.

..Right?

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Michael showed Maria the Granilith in the Summer of '47 episode and he and Maria were alone.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:Were you talking about where the terms derived from? Because Shinigami's right about everything. As for dreamer, I heard from a mod (Kath7 I think...) that it came from the fact that Max called Liz is Dream girl in... Blind Date, was it? I think there were many terms that came about from that, until it was eventually shortened into 'Dreamer'.
Max calling Liz his "dreamgirl" came AFTER the term already existed, and has long been suspected as a shout-out to the fans.

The name originated from the fact that there as thread at Fan Forum back after Balance first aired entitled "Awaiting Max and Liz's dreamy reunion." The people who posted on the thread started to call themselves "dreamers." When they did reunite, in Sexual Healing, the thread's title became "Cherishing Max and Liz's Dreamy Reunion." It is now entitled simply "Cherishing Max and Liz," but the thread originated there. When Max called Liz his "dreamgirl" in Blind Date, it only solidified the name permanently.
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

killjoy wrote:Ok I have a question here for anyone who can answer it.Did they ever mention Mara's dads name on the show? I was wondering becuase I'd like to mention him in a story I'm writing.I thought about just making something up for him but than knowing my luck they gave him a name on the show and I missed it.Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
Hi there.

No, I'm pretty certain that his name was never mentioned. (Nor even if 'DeLuca' was maria's dad's name or Amy's maiden name.) I've been over this ground myself.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

MaryJean wrote:
killjoy wrote:Ok I have a question here for anyone who can answer it.Did they ever mention Mara's dads name on the show? I was wondering becuase I'd like to mention him in a story I'm writing.I thought about just making something up for him but than knowing my luck they gave him a name on the show and I missed it.Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
I'm pretty sure his name was Brian. I couldn't tell you what episode, but I think it was in the season one.

MJ
Really? I didn't think they mentioned it. I thought the most ever mentioned about Maria's dad was in Sexual Healing where she talks to Michael about him leaving at the end.
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

If you go here, theres an entire list on ships and what they're called. You'll probably find it in there, and if its not, there'll be the actual name.
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff