Beta Request Thread

Have a challenge you'd like to see written? Have an idea that just won't get out of your head? Want to talk anything and everything fanfic or writer related? This is the place.

Moderators: ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Corner Market
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Beta Request Thread

Post by Corner Market »

Delurking to say help. I need serious help.

I think I need a beta too :wink:.

Post edited as my rent-a-muse apparently has other ideas regarding what I should be writing. But if somebody wants to help a rookie out, it'd be appreciated. I hope to be posting the first germs of an idea I'm calling "Late Bloomer" sometime soon.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Corner Market on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm very concerned that you're starting to make sense to me."
tarajeff73
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tarajeff73 »

~~~Taken! Thanks!~~

Hey All! back again sorry! :( My story "The One Among Us" has been pulled out of "dead and buried" and i have since posted what? 5 or 6 parts already. I thought i could pull off not needing a beta :lol:
even with my spelling checker in "Word" I still miss stuff and I forget stuff as well. Anyone willing to take on the job? I am making another fic after this one, and it picks up right after so if you take on TOAU I need you to take on my next fic as well. plz plz plz!!! :mrgreen:

Please PM me if your interested.
Last edited by tarajeff73 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~My Fics~
[WIP]
"The One Among Us"
Alorah's Story
[COMPLETED]
Destiny's Still Calling
Consequences of a Child
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi all,

I'm looking for a beta to help me correct gramer errors and with my tense problem in my story called The Law of Love. I feel so bad for not finishing it. Now I have ideas to start wring it again could use help and some to bounce ideas off of. I was wondering if someone could also help beta Forgotten Memories too. please pm me if you would to help me

Thanks
Michelle17 :D :D :( :(

Special thanks too

claudialynn
SpiritedPulcino
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: Michigan...oh you've never heard of it? Yeah, well, I don't blame you.

Post by SpiritedPulcino »

TAKEN

Hey y'all, I just started up a fic called Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes and have decided to play it safe and beg for a beta. Requirement for the job is that they MUST pester me until I have the chapter finished. Also, if they could edit said part, that would be nice. Ha, OK in all seriousness though, if the beta could just proofread and add their positive and negative criticisms before the chapter is up, that would be marvelous!!! Also, pestering is welcomed :D If anyone is interested, just PM me and we shall give it a go! Thanks!!

Liz
Last edited by SpiritedPulcino on Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maria: What are you doing?
Liz: Max likes cherry cola. What does Michael like?
Maria: Cherry cola with arsenic?
LizMichael 4 Ever
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LizMichael 4 Ever »

Hi,

I need a beta for my story 'A Love Refound'. And I know I suck, so I really need the help. It is UC Liz/Michael and I pretty much need help with everything. I have a prologue and 2 chapters up and I am currently working on the 3rd chapter.
You can read it by clicking on the title next to my siggie.
To get a hold of me ither pm me or send me an e-mail at: moonchild19892001@yahoo.com

Thanx,

Tina
ImageA Love Refound

“I’m a female. It’s my job to drive the male population nuts. ...." Liz to her captors.
'No Clue' by darkmoon

“But if you make me look like the pink power ranger, I will hurt you.” Liz to Ollie and others.
'Hero Of The Day' by LittleBit
keyelee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by keyelee »

Hello.. I need a beta for a new fic I'm considering writing. It's AU W/ Aliens, tentatively entitled "Across the Universe". I've completed the first part and I need someone to discuss it with! Please lemme know it you are interested. I'd really appreciate it.
KatnotKath
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KatnotKath »

Okay, so some of you might know that I've been writing a long time, and to date I've never asked for an official beta. I'm coming to realise that was because I used to see certain friends, who were more than willing to take a look at something if I wasn't sure about it, or let me talk it out to work out plot holes and such online a lot. Basically, they were on many occassions unofficial betas, for which I can't thank them enough. Unfortunately, time moves on, and while those friendships are still very much alive, real life means that we often find it hard to be online at the same time, and quite honestly, when we are, we don't always want to be chatting about writing. So I've noticed that I'm discussing my stories less, and problems are creeping into plots which I only notice after posting when I can't do anything about it, not to mention I'm drawing a blank at times as to where to go with the stories I have going too. So I guess what I'm asking for is that if anyone is interested in being a bit like a sound board... The grammer side of it is less important to me, I do my best to try and make sure I pick up the mistakes, and rather than someone to go thorugh with a fine tooth comb, I think basically I'd like to try and find someone who might be interested in chatting with me sometimes, to let me sound out ideas, or give an opinion on a preview of a chapter as a whole perhaps. The problem is, in order that we could do this, I think I'd need someone to be in the UK, or at least in Europe, so that the clashing time-zones don't come into it again. I don't know if anyone will be interested, but there I go, I've tried to explain, and if anyone wants to contact me I'd be happy to hear from you.

Thanks

Kat
My fics:

Dreams and Reality
Reality Revealed
Family Connections
When Love and Loss Collide
When Friendship and Love Combine - New!
If Only...
The Important Thing
Home for Christmas
I Knew Him Before (PB fic)
Love Always...
The First Time Around - New!
stinebiene
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by stinebiene »

found somebody, thanks

Hi, I need a beta reader for a short fic (3 chapters) I've just completed (the first one I actually finished) to correct the grammar and spelling mistakes, feedback would be nice as well since I'm not really sure about posting it

The fic is called "I can't help myself" and it's M&M, set in the summer after Destiny (yeah, I know another one, it just wouldn't leave me alone) and it's rated Adult

If anybody would like to help my, please pm me

thanks
Tine
Last edited by stinebiene on Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Studies show that smart girls are more depressed because they now the world can lie!
Tears_of_Mercury
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tears_of_Mercury »

EDIT: I'm not looking anymore. I don't think bringing anyone else in on the story would help at this point.

Hi all, I'm looking for a beta for my new story "Reconstructing Madonna." It's M/L (but of course) and is AU after Ch-ch-changes. I'm trying something new and using a lot of fragments and shorter sentences and dialogue, and I'm kind of worried that I'll end up scrapping too much/too little if someone doesn't tell me what does and doesn't work. Although it's mainly Liz-centric, the first several POVs will be from Isabel, Max, and Eileen and Serena -- two characters that are, for all writing purposes, pretty much OCs. I'm only expecting this story to be two or three parts; five at the max., so no epic-length commitments. You can contact me at my e-mail address, divinedancer2004@hotmail.com .
Last edited by Tears_of_Mercury on Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zakmonster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Zakmonster »

Hey guys,

I'm working on one of my numerous fic ideas and am actually trying to complete one instead of leaving it hanging in Limbo. So I figure the best way would be to get a beta reader (I've never had a beta for a fanfic before. Originals yes, fanfics, no).

This one is an Isabel-centric, AU w/aliens fic, untitled so far. It'll be CC mostly, although the adventurer in me is demanding something different to make life exciting. but we'll see how that goes. :D

If anyone is at all interested, just drop me a message, or you can email me at ragdoll.physics@gmail.com. Your support will be greatly appreciated :D .

Regards,
Zak